Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Requesting Kanmuri: Side Quest Available

Raizo

11th Kazekage
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC: This is a side quest available for Kanmuri. It is entirely up to him on if he wishes to accept or decline.

The man, dressed in rather formal military attire, would calmly make his way down the halls of the academy. Within his hands would be an open folder containing a stack of various papers. Upon the sheets, he was currently looking at was several chunks of written information and the photo of a boy with white hair. His eyes, hidden behind his glasses, would continue to scan the sheets until reaching a point of satisfaction. Slamming the folder closed, he would tuck it under his right arm and continue his march down the hallway. He was on a mission, and soon so would the boy in his sight.

VQXr6BL.jpg

He would stop upon a room that some 'remedial' lessons had been occurring. It would seem him intended target had recently faired poorly in an exam moment, and due to such did not advance further in his shinobi career. Yet, barring all of that it would seem the scores from that exam and previous recordings of the boy would give them hope. There was a certain matter that would need to be addressed at some point, but for now, he simply wanted to find the child.

Opening the door, the man in glasses would peer in and simply ask:

"Is there a Kanmuri here?"

This is an optional side quest for Kanmuri if he would like to accept. You have 1 week (offer expires ). Please post your acceptance or denial in your response!

Kanmuri

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
In order to get a taste for his own “special” remedial classes, Kanmuri had been dropping in on the standard remedial classes so much that most of students in the remedial classes believed that he belonged there with them.

They could not have been more mistaken.

Although the ages varied in the classroom, the feeling throughout the room stayed constant, full of inadequacy and naviety. Whether the students in the room were destined to become well-known ninjas or failures were entirely in their hands, but it was quite obvious, at least to Kanmuri, that they all lacked something necessary for their success. That something was experience, and Kanmuri was full of it at the ripe age of 10.

From meeting the his father, Miroku Akkuma, the Demon of the Mist, acquiring a cursed seal, getting his genjutsu potential unlocked and becoming a Grandeur Phantom at the age of eight, nearly killing someone to become an ANBU in Training, failing his Genin Exam and getting his first defeat, fighting and beating a weak Ancient on his first mission with his new Master Kaen, to fighting against his father with Riyota. It had been an event filled two years for Kanmuri; he had learned and grown so much in those two years--both about what it takes to be a ninja and to lead his clan.

However, according to Furoorensu, the woman he who pummelled him in his Genin Exam, there was something Kanmuri was lacking, and the leader of Byakko Clan, Byakko Kyuji, who was currently off representing Sunagakure in a Martial Arts tournament, would be the one to teach him. So, Kanmuri sat in the classroom taking in as much material as he could in preparation for his own remedial class, but fate would have other plans for the young demonic prince.

Knock! Knock! Knock!

Three knocks would be heard on the door of the classroom to which the sensei would reply with a prompt, “Come in!

The door would open but from Kanmuri’s seat, he could not see the person in question; however, based on the instuctor’s body language, it was was clear that the person who knocked was either important or dangerous. Sensei’s at the academy don’t just tense up at the sight of anyone.

“Is there a Kanmuri here?" The man would ask before peering inside.

The words would catch Kanmuri off-guard, not many people knew off him or should have known him. Not even the people in the classroom knew his name, but he couldn’t show fear. Leaders were the backbones of their people, and he needed to always be strong for the future of his clan. Thus, without skipping a beat. Kanmuri would confidently stand up and reply

“That would be me.”

Kanmuri had grown a few inches over the two years, now standing at 4 foot 6 and weighing 70 pounds. (30 kilograms). Due to being in the top row, his scarlet red eyes would look down at the man who called his name.

The man donned black hair and rectangular glasses on. Although Kanmuri could only see his neck from his angle, it was clear that the man was wearing military attire, and almost everyone, including Kanmuri, would be thinking the same thing.

What did this military man want with Kanmuri?

[OOC: Mission Accepted]

Raizo

11th Kazekage
Yen
ASP
Deaths

VQXr6BL.jpg

From behind his glasses, the man's eyes would narrow in on the boy before him. The description, aside from being mildly off from the boy's original enrollment, seemed to match almost perfectly. He would nod to the young man before him.

"Hello there, Kanmuri. My name is Yakuin, I am here to have a word with you about your on-going academics."

The answer would not seem to fit the bill, wasn't Kanmuri already in remedial courses?

"No worries, your case popped up on my radar--we are trying our best efforts in the current climate to ensure all of our students have every opportunity to succeed. If you will follow me so we could speak in private."

Yakuin would then proceed to lead the boy down through the hallways before approaching a random classroom door. The gentlemen would then proceed to open the door, motion for Kanmuri to enter before him and if all of that came to pass would follow him into the room. Once entering, Yakuin would shut the door to the room, produce a key from his pocket, lock the door and then turn to Kanmuri.

"This conversation requires an added level of privacy--please, take a seat."

The older shinobi would motion for the boy to take a seat in the front row of the classroom. Yakuin would then place himself in front of the boy, leaning up against the instructor's desk. He would then place his folder upon the desk and pull another item from his pocket. This new item would look like a much larger version of a headset. He would tap on the mic as he would then place his other hand into his ear, as if assisting himself in listening in on someone else talking.

"Ok, we will begin."

It would almost seem like the comment wasn't met for Kanmuri, even though it worked. Placing the large communication device on the table, the older shinobi would start once more.

"Hello, my name is Yakuin and I am a Jounin of the shinobi village of Suna. I am here today for a twofold purpose, one on behalf of the war committee that is currently being formed and second to act as a liaison for another party. Both of these purposes have a shared interest and need in you. To make this official, please state your full name, village rank, age, height, and weight."

Well, this surely wasn't what the boy was expecting.

We just need to go through a little bit of setup, please be mildly patient in the process and I promise I will have you out there for tomfoolery before too long =)

Kanmuri

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
"Hello there, Kanmuri. My name is Yakuin, I am here to have a word with you about your on-going academics. No worries, your case popped up on my radar--we are trying our best efforts in the current climate to ensure all of our students have every opportunity to succeed. If you will follow me so we could speak in private."

To any smart person, it would be obvious that there was something inherently wrong with that statement. Kanmuri was already seated in a remedial class, and when was the last time someone in military attire picked up a student in class? Something was amiss; that was for sure.

However, Kanmuri wasn’t the brightest. In fact, Kanmuri was no more than average in terms of actual intelligence. Kanmuri was far from a genius; he only excelled in two things, genjutsu and fighting instincts. When in battle, he went full auto-pilot, and if he ever did think, it was to try out some new genjutsu theory. At most, Kanmuri was a genjutsu prodigy with great fighting ability, but in reality, this boy was nothing more than an average shinobi.

And with that average intelligence, Kanmuri wouldn’t find anything too amiss and just wanted to know a couple things. How did this military man know him and what did he want with him? In order to find out the answer to these questions, Kanmuri walked down to the front of the classroom and would follow the man out.

The two would stay inside the academy and walk for a few minutes in the hallways before arriving at their destination, another classroom. The man would open the door and motion for Kanmuri to enter, to which Kanmuri said, “Thank you.”

Immediately, the military man would walk in and lock the door causing Kanmuri to stare daggers at the man. Kanmuri was unarmed since he didn’t find the need to bring his weapon to remedial classes that weren’t even assigned to him, but he had no problem putting this man to sleep, or worse, if he dared to attack him.

Misuse your gift--I dare you. I will cull you. The young prince thought to himself as he tensed up.

Just the thought of a fight would cause the demonic enzymes inside of Kanmuri to begin to flow through his veins, but the excitement would fade upon hearing the next words of the man.

"This conversation requires an added level of privacy--please, take a seat."</COLOR><i></i>

It would be now that Kanmuri’s brain would start to put some pieces together and hopefully, it wouldn’t be too late.

</I>
<I>Why in the world would he lock the door behind us to talk about classes? Something isn’t right...Just what the heck is going on here?

With these thoughts running through his head, Kanmuri chose to not sit down. Instead he replied, “I’m fine standing.”

He had no idea who this man was or what his intentions were. He’d misjudged him; it was entirely possible that this man stole the military attire in order to fit in. If push came to shove and the man attacked Kanmuri, then sitting down would put Kanmuri in a completely defenseless position. However, it was entirely possible that Kanmuri’s thoughts were nothing short of paranoia, so he decided not to attack and instead just wait out for the events to unfold.

The man would lean against a desk in front of Kanmuri and place down a folder and pull out a headset of some kind from his pocket.

Keeping a poker face was all Kanmuri could do in order to not arouse suspicion in the man. Kings were never fazed, so Kanmuri would need to keep his composure, but that wouldn’t stop him from thinking, This...This is just too suspicious. Why does he need a headset? Who is he communicating to?

And Kanmuri’s thoughts would only be confirmed when the man said, "Ok, we will begin."<i></i>

Kanmuri wasn’t scared or worried. He was more than confident in his own abilities. He had experience and done things he never would have dreamed of, but that didn’t mean he couldn’t be cautious. Overconfidence and pride brings about the downfall of empire. He would never underestimate someone again nor would he ever overestimate his own abilities--not after his loss in his Genin Exam. If he were to be a future king, he would need to face all of his obstacles head one. There was no running away. So he stood there and awaited for whatever fate had in store for him next.

<COLOR color="#0080FF">"Hello, my name is Yakuin and I am a Jounin of the shinobi village of Suna. I am here today for a twofold purpose, one on behalf of the war committee that is currently being formed and second to act as a liaison for another party. Both of these purposes have a shared interest and need in you. To make this official, please state your full name, village rank, age, height, and weight."

Kanmuri would blink as “Yakuin” seemed to introduce himself both to Kanmuri and possibly...someone else, but that wouldn’t be what caught Kanmuri’s attention.

War? Is he serious?

This wasn’t the first time the young boy heard of Sunagakure being in a state of war. He had just recently heard his father mention it before they fought not too long ago. He disregarded it before--thinking it was a trick by his father to get him onto the Clan Council. But this military--this Jounin of the Sunagakure Main Branch--just casually brought it up. However, something else was weird. Why was he wanted by both the war committee and “another party?” Kanmuri had tried his best to stay off the radar. The only time he could have acquired some sort of fame was his Genin Exam, which took place in front of adults and other classmates. Did someone of importance attend his exam? The thought of it would cause a small smile to spread across the young boy’s first but first, he had questions to answer, and those answers would only bring about more answers.

Answers that Kanmuri desired.

"My name is Kanmuri. I am an Academy student that weighs about 70 pounds, and I stand at four-foot-six. As for my age...

It had just occurred to the young boy that he did not know his age. He was raised by the Kyoujoran, and they neither told him his age nor did they ever throw birthday parties for any of their young. To them, age was irrelevant. Strength was all that mattered.

But now, Kanmuri needed an age, and based on how he looked in comparison to other kids built like him. He would come to a decision.

"I am 10 years old."

And with that, Kanmuri was now officially 10 years of age. He didn't have a birthday or anything like that, so it seemed like this point in time would be its birth; the birth of Kanmuri's birthday.

If the man noticed that Kanmuri did not mention a surname, then he would reply that he was not born into a clan, and thus lacked a surname. If further questioned, he would mention that he didn't know his parents since they died before he could remember them.

Raizo

11th Kazekage
Yen
ASP
Deaths

VQXr6BL.jpg

There would be clatter over his headset, the feedback would be noticeable but the boy would not be able to discern the words coming from the other end. Instead, he would be left wondering as Yakuin nodded to himself to whatever was being relayed to him through the device. The feedback would stop as Yakuin would begin speaking to those on the other side.

"No, no...I agree. My observation? The boy is cautious but let's his emotions show too easily. The fact he allowed himself to openly look like he was preparing to attack me, I think it might be too soon for him to be trusted with such a mission. He then declined to sit, even though it was not offered as a suggestion, could speak to his inability to follow directions or at the least this sense he places himself on a higher pedestal than his rank. I also believe the point raised is also a concern, but I will follow up with him for clarification."

He would then turn his attention back to Kanmuri.

"Kanmuri, the request was for your full name. Kanmuri is not your full name, correct?"

Yakuin wasn't merely a liaison, he was an assessor, and right now everything Kanmuri did or didn't do was being assessed for two parties. How was he faring? What was wanted of him? Who was listening in on this conversation? Only time would tell.

Sorry for the short post, but just had to get this little bit out of the way before I could move on
[/quote]

Kanmuri

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Upon giving his answers, audible noise and static would be heard from Kanmuri, but he wasn’t able to decipher what was being said. However, what he could hear were the responses the man in the room gave to him.

“No, no...I agree. My observation? The boy is cautious but let's his emotions show too easily. The fact he allowed himself to openly look like he was preparing to attack me, I think it might be too soon for him to be trusted with such a mission. He then declined to sit, even though it was not offered as a suggestion, could speak to his inability to follow directions or at the least this sense he places himself on a higher pedestal than his rank. I also believe the point raised is also a concern, but I will follow up with him for clarification.

After hearing all of this, Kanmuri was forced to give an inaudible sigh through his nose. This was all stupid to him, not to mention, it was revealed that he was wrong. These guys weren’t out for blood or anything; they earnestly wanted to use him for something, but he was failing this assessment horribly. Not to mention, the guy who stood in front of him was bad mouthing Kanmuri right in front of him. Thankfully, the guy on the other end seemed to have some faith in him.

That being said, Kanmuri refused to betray the faith of man on the other side. He’d clean up his act because there was someone who believed in him, and kings can never betray the trust put in them by others.

‘Could speak to his inability to follow directions.’

Use your brain a little. You just came a grabbed me out of class and expected me to follow suit without knowing who you were? Isn’t that easy compliance way more suspicious in this situation?
The young boy would think as he visibly loosened up and took his seat.

Whatever the case, it’s more or less obvious that everything I say and do is being scrutinized, so looks like it’s time to clean up my act, but before that...I’m usually not the type of person to do this, but time to give an explanation. At the very least, have ‘Yakuin’ see things from my perspective.

But ‘Yakuin’ wasn’t done yet; the man still had questions he wanted answers to, "Kanmuri, the request was for your full name. Kanmuri is not your full name, correct?"

Having had these thoughts run through his Kanmuri would decide to talk to ‘Yakuin,’ but it seemed like the he still had questions of his own--questions that Kanmuri didn’t like at all. They struck to close to home--reminding him of both his origins and not-so-distant past, including his recent fight with “father,” Miroku Akkuma. However, he’d answer them--honestly--but not before clearing things up. Reputation was everything for a king, and he wouldn’t let that get slandered right in front of him.

“First and foremost, I would like to apologize. It seems you feel like I disrespected you or think too highly of myself. That was not my intention, but how else would a normal person act when dragged out of a class by someone who claimed to be with the Sunagakure government but never showed ID? Wouldn’t easy compliance to everything you said be suspicious--especially, when I didn’t know who you were until a minute or two ago?" The 10 year-old would pause a little to let the words sink in before immediately answering the question posed to him. "In regards to your question. I’m not sure how best to explain this, but I don’t have a surname. 'Kanmuri' is my full name. I was raised by a group of Kyoujoran who happened to find me alive and crying in the desert expanse as an infant. I was not claimed by them; thus, I do not have a surname. They gave me this name, ‘Kanmuri’ in order to mock me. It means “peerless,” but they used it to mean that I was alone. I lacked anyone who truly cared about me…I was truly peer-less.”

It was clear that Kanmuri would rather not talk about this through his word choice and the rate at which he spoke. Not to mention, he couldn’t face the eyes of the man when he talked about it. He looked distant...in pain. Realizing that his mind had wandered, Kanmuri brought his attention back to Yakuin. His dull, scarlet eyes would stare at Yakuin’s dark ones as he replied, “Is there anything else you’d like to know, Yakuin-san?”

Maybe he’d notice--maybe not--but that was the first time in the entire conversation that Kanmuri showed respect and acknowledgement for the Jounin who stood in front of him. Kanmuri had acknowledged that he made mistakes. Now, he was trying to fix them.

Raizo

11th Kazekage
Yen
ASP
Deaths

VQXr6BL.jpg

There would be another pop of feedback, this burst being very quick. Yakuin would nod in agreeance to whatever was said before turning to his folder. Picking it up from the table he would begin to flip through the pages until coming to a stop.

"Kanmuri, can you confirm to me that you are the originator of the following words: 'Kanmuri...Miroku Kanmuri...not ‘boy.’ Frankly, I don’t like the way you’re speaking to me.' Transcribed from logs collected at your first official attempt at a Graduation Exam and directed at your proctor, Lady Furoorensu."

He would then close the folder before turn his attention, once more, to Kanmuri.

"The following line of questioning is my own, but will be considered as part of this assessment; Are you intentionally choosing to lie? Did you misspeak at your exam? Did the proctors in attendance mishear you? Can you recall if this is the first time you've utter your full name as such while within this village, while within this country? And lastly, do you believe yourself having difficulty following my line of questioning? If it would help I can either slow down or you are more than welcome to take your time between responses and questions."

The tone wasn't demeaning, at least intentionally, as it all sounded very matter of fact. It was of no interest for The Assessor to anger or appease the individual he was reviewing, it was his job to understand and rate them. Granted, he assessment this time was of a child, so for the child to lash out or take it personally would not be wildly outside his predictions.

"Also, speaking frankly, I would say you elaborated too much with your feelings and thoughts about the beginning of our interaction. A question was never asked concerning it. My feelings are trivial. My assessment is the only thought of mine that merits any value at this time, much as your truthful responses are the only value you can contribute here as well."

He would note, taking a pause for a moment.

"Interesting, orphaned at first? So then, how did you end up in the village?"

He would then return to his folder while also producing a pen from his pocket. It seemed there were still gaps in the written history of Kanmuri.

Beep boop... got nothing here just wanted to keep this formating instead of losing it lol

Kanmuri

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Kanmuri had learned a hard lesson, ‘Be careful what you say, it can come back to hurt you.’

The Sand Jounin in front of him, Yakuin, had not only opened the folder in his hand, but directly quoted Kanmuri. He had used his full name before--once and only once--in his Genin Exam, the worst place to use it. It seemed like everything he said and did there was recorded, or at the very least, it appeared so. If Kanmuri had been lying, his face would have shown that he was visibly caught in a line, but, thankfully, he wasn’t.

---

"The following line of questioning is my own, but will be considered as part of this assessment; Are you intentionally choosing to lie? Did you misspeak at your exam? Did the proctors in attendance mishear you? Can you recall if this is the first time you've utter your full name as such while within this village, while within this country? And lastly, do you believe yourself having difficulty following my line of questioning? If it would help I can either slow down or you are more than welcome to take your time between responses and questions."</COLOR><i></i>

Kanmuri stared at the man as he spoke from a position of power--without care of how his words affected others. Kanmuri realized it because he himself spoke like that to other people. The borderline arrogant child was now on the receiving end of a condescending attitude, and he hated it.

Does this guy think he’s better than me? Is he looking down on me? Just who does he think he is?

Anger would fill Kanmuri’s thoughts as he heard the words of the man, but he refused to give in--the only signs of influence being the narrowing of his eyes.

"Also, speaking frankly, I would say you elaborated too much with your feelings and thoughts about the beginning of our interaction. A question was never asked concerning it. My feelings are trivial. My assessment is the only thought of mine that merits any value at this time, much as your truthful responses are the only value you can contribute here as well."<i></i>

<COLOR color="#FF00BF">Alright, I’ve had enough of this guy. It’s time to get this stupid interview over with.

Kanmuri’s head would raise and cock to the right as he got comfortable in his seat. He had tried the standard approaches. He had tried playing “Mr. Nice Guy.” He had tried acting out of his normal character.

But that obviously didn’t work.

Kanmuri stopped caring. He was going to take off the mask. It was time to throw away his public persona; Kanmuri’s dark side, his shadow, would take over.

“First off, Yakuin, if that’s even your real name, you should stop assuming things. You asked me a question, and I answered. The same way you didn’t ask about my feelings, I didn’t ask you to decide whether or not I was telling the truth. Those are and were my words. I used to be Miroku Kanmuri some time ago, but that is over. I am no longer part of the Miroku because that man, Miroku Akkuma, the Clan Head of the Miroku Clan, is dead to me. I refuse to be looked at in conjunction to him. My name is Kanmuri and that’s final.”

He’d pause before continuing once more.

“I entered the village by chance--through Miroku Akkuma. Don’t ask me questions about my origins. I don’t know them.”

Kanmuri was pissed. His words may have shown it, but his face was, surprisingly, completely calm. Looking at demeanor, Kanmuri seemed to be dismissive and uncaring, but that was only because he had let his true nature out. Right now, sitting in front of Yakuin, was the real, unfiltered Kanmuri. The cold, manipulative boy that would do anything to accomplish his goals. He didn’t tolerate disrespect, and this man was pushing all of the wrong buttons. Secretly, Kanmuri waited for discipline. He waited for Yakuin to step up to him.

Hit me--I dare you. Let’s find out who’s really stronger than who between the two of us.

The young demon wanted blood.

Raizo

11th Kazekage
Yen
ASP
Deaths

VQXr6BL.jpg

"Omitting the truth falls under the purview of lying, does it not? You also seem to fall under the impression that you hold some leverage here, at least that could be assumed by your most recent unnecessary outburst. Your permission for me to do anything at this moment is not necessary, as you do not dictate this moment. I take your words and assess them based on what you said and what we know, so yes, I will draw assumptions at times to reach conclusions or clarify to a point I can determine if something is fact... that is quite literally part of the reason I am here, but you set these assumptions as false or prove them to be true in how you respond. If you are having trouble understanding that, then my assessment for your critical thinking skills will not be very high."

He would let out a sigh as he tapped the top of his pen, concealing it within its housing once more. Calmly he would place the pen back into his pocket and the folder back upon the table. Standing up, he would remove the headset earpiece and place it on the table as well. It seemed that the boy was still lacking... understanding.

"I will speak frankly once more. You seem to lack understanding, as you had a similar outburst with Lady Furoorensu. Unlike that situation, this is not a fight nor will it be one. It is utterly inconsequential to what I am here to assess if you could or couldn't beat me in combat. In this exchange, and many others within this village and the life in general, power isn't determined by brute strength. Right now, you are an Academy Student in remedial courses and I am an appointed Jounin of the village, yet with your responses and your mannerism, you seem to think you are seated above me on the proverbial ladder. This is a clear red flag of an inflated ego and not just harmless confidence in one's self. We are entering war times, I am here to assess your worth, and in what manner is not relevant."

He would take his glasses off of his face, pull a handkerchief from one of his coat pockets, and begin to clean the lens.

"Yet, you seem to miss that. You don't need to know my purpose to understand why I am here... you should have reasoning enough to realize 'an opportunity is presenting itself and I am needed for it, I should do what is necessary to gain that'. Instead, you foolishly push back against me like I am some villain to your hero. Hardly the case, I am the gatekeeper. So please, refrain from further unnecessary outbursts and stick to responding to the questions asked."

He would finish up, place his glasses back upon his face once more, and set the earpiece back into his ear.

"Kanmuri, do you have any current relatives, either by blood or by your previous association, that you still consider close and/or are still living?"

Beep boop... got nothing here just wanted to keep this formating instead of losing it lol

Kanmuri

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
"Omitting the truth falls under the purview of lying, does it not? You also seem to fall under the impression that you hold some leverage here, at least that could be assumed by your most recent unnecessary outburst. Your permission for me to do anything at this moment is not necessary, as you do not dictate this moment. I take your words and assess them based on what you said and what we know, so yes, I will draw assumptions at times to reach conclusions or clarify to a point I can determine if something is fact... that is quite literally part of the reason I am here, but you set these assumptions as false or prove them to be true in how you respond. If you are having trouble understanding that, then my assessment for your critical thinking skills will not be very high."

“You asked me a question in present-tense did you not? In fact, to quote you, you said, ‘state your full name.’ At this present point in time, my full name is Kanmuri. My surname is no longer attached to me, and it can be said that the attachment of ‘Miroku’ to my name is nothing short of an unofficial group. I doubt you have papers of or anything anyway since I was found an infant in the desert. My name is and will be Kanmuri. Miroku is no longer a part of that, so respect that. Also, why wouldn’t I act like I have leverage here. You came and talked down on me. I don’t care what your intent was; that’s how it was. I won’t let you talk down on me. I know my worth, and I won’t take disrespect like other children my age. Respect is earned not given, if you want respect from me, then you have to earn it. Disrespect me all you want, just know that I’ll return it.”

Yakuin would then sigh, resign his pen, and remove his earpiece. It seemed like this conversation was far from over, and, possibly, his patience was running thin. Then, Yakuin would speak,

"I will speak frankly once more. You seem to lack understanding, as you had a similar outburst with Lady Furoorensu. Unlike that situation, this is not a fight nor will it be one. It is utterly inconsequential to what I am here to assess if you could or couldn't beat me in combat. In this exchange, and many others within this village and the life in general, power isn't determined by brute strength. Right now, you are an Academy Student in remedial courses and I am an appointed Jounin of the village, yet with your responses and your mannerism, you seem to think you are seated above me on the proverbial ladder. This is a clear red flag of an inflated ego and not just harmless confidence in one's self. We are entering war times, I am here to assess your worth, and in what manner is not relevant."

What? Is this guy stupid? Power is strength. The strong are at the top of the world one way or another. Everyone knows that. Kanmuri would think as he let out an audible sigh before giving a reply of his own.

“You say that you’re here to assess my worth. Worth in what way? Attitude? What you believe is right or wrong. You can assess me however you want. We live in a world of the strong. It doesn’t matter if you’re smart, dumb, respectful, or disrespectful.

The strong rule over the weak. The strong make the rules, and it’s the strong...people like Kazekage, who have the final say.

It’s not my ego that’s big. I’ve long since grown from that. It was that same lady who you mentioned before, Furoorensu, who taught me that. I know I’m not the strongest, but strength doesn’t have anything to do with pride and dignity. Someone who takes disrespect and willingly gets shoved around by others because ‘they lack strength,’ ”
The 10 year old would use air quotes in order to emphasize his point. “Is a subservient coward who knows nothing about self-worth. That is why--regardless of whether or not you’re stronger than me--I won’t sit quiet while you disrespect me.”<i></i>

Yakuin would say a few more words, but Kanmuri had already said what he needed to. There was no point in replying. As long as Yakuin didn’t disrespect him; he’d quietly follow along; thus, the exchange between the two had ended, and Yakuin would reset himself--sitting back down and putting the earpiece in once again. He’d ask another question, hopefully, the last,

"Kanmuri, do you have any current relatives, either by blood or by your previous association, that you still consider close and/or are still living?"

Kanmuri would be slow to answer and he tried to think about the last events that went down--the fight against his brother. He had not fought alone; according to Akkuma, the man he fought with was his brother…

“..Miroku Riyota. He’s alive and lives with some fox-lady, I believe, but we are not close. And as I said before, there was Miroku Akkuma, but I’m no longer associated with him, and he is dead to me. I have no close relatives."

Raizo

11th Kazekage
Yen
ASP
Deaths

VQXr6BL.jpg

The feedback would seem to almost be a roar that would last for a substantially longer amount of time within the ear of Yakuin.

"Very well, I will relay it to him."

He would clear his throat as he tapped the top of the desk for a moment before nodding to himself, the feedback dying down once more.

"Kanmuri, the following are from one of the interested parties I am working on behalf of. Please respond that you understand that, as of right now there is concern that you seem to have issue with understanding what this is that is taking place."

He would wait for the boy to acknowledge that he understood.

"On behalf of one of the representatives of the party wishing to assess you; 'Does this little shit have any idea that there is a chain of command? His insistent 'I matter' trivialities are banal at best and wasteful of our collective times at worse. We get it little shit, you are a special fucking snowflake, but you know what else you are? A soldier. You are a cog in a machine, and in that machine, you have those who give orders and those who take orders, and right now I am hearing you barely able to handle softball questions from an assessor. You think the value is going to be found in someone who has the emotional fragility of tissue paper? You won't sit quiet... boy, how does that sound to someone that might be looking to supervise you, do you think your little 'I'm a boy of pride and honor' schtick is going to hold up in a squad? Out in the field? We all have pride, but to be outwardly insubordinate isn't you sticking up for yourself, it is you thinking you are still the same hot shot that got crushed by Furoorensu, the Kazekage is final say... holy hell, do we have to explain to him how the village works? Of course he does, and he delegates, and guess who oversee the fucking war committee that Yakuin is there representing. Shut the fuck up, answer the god damn questions like an adult and not some petulant child that can't stand hearing the hard truth or we will find someone else to carry out this task.' That concludes the words of the party representative. I am now to ask you the following question, so please listen carefully before you answer."

He would pause, only assuming what the child would do now, especially with how easily provoked he has been shown to be thus far.

"Do you wish to undertake this task or not? If you accept, you either need to accept authority or you can reject and know that you have burned two very prominent bridges that will impact your future as not just a shinobi but anything further in this village. What is your answer?"

If he had to make an assessment on the odds Kanmuri's foot did not get planted firmly back in his mouth, he would assume it would be unfavorable odds for the boy.

[/quote]

Kanmuri

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Yelling.

That was the best description of what Kanmuri could hear from Yakuin’s earpiece. A part of him almost felt sad that his ear had to get blown up on his behalf.

Almost

Yakuin was a messenger--nothing more, nothing less. He job was to get screamed at and ordered around. If he didn’t like it, then he’d need to move up the ranks. The screaming went on for some time, and it was clear to Kanmuri that he struck a chord with the other person on the end. Looks like he angered more than Yakuin, and the realization of this thought would cause a smirk to crawl across the face of the young demon. The screaming would cease which in turn would cause Yakuin to speak.

"On behalf of one of the representatives of the party wishing to assess you; 'Does this little shit have any idea that there is a chain of command? His insistent 'I matter' trivialities are banal at best and wasteful of our collective times at worse. We get it little shit, you are a special fucking snowflake, but you know what else you are? A soldier. You are a cog in a machine, and in that machine, you have those who give orders and those who take orders, and right now I am hearing you barely able to handle softball questions from an assessor. You think the value is going to be found in someone who has the emotional fragility of tissue paper? You won't sit quiet... boy, how does that sound to someone that might be looking to supervise you, do you think your little 'I'm a boy of pride and honor' schtick is going to hold up in a squad? Out in the field? We all have pride, but to be outwardly insubordinate isn't you sticking up for yourself, it is you thinking you are still the same hot shot that got crushed by Furoorensu, the Kazekage is final say... holy hell, do we have to explain to him how the village works? Of course he does, and he delegates, and guess who oversee the fucking war committee that Yakuin is there representing. Shut the fuck up, answer the god damn questions like an adult and not some petulant child that can't stand hearing the hard truth or we will find someone else to carry out this task.' That concludes the words of the party representative. I am now to ask you the following question, so please listen carefully before you answer."</COLOR><i></i>

There would be a pause in the room before Yakuin would relay another message.

"Do you wish to undertake this task or not? If you accept, you either need to accept authority or you can reject and know that you have burned two very prominent bridges that will impact your future as not just a shinobi but anything further in this village. What is your answer?"<i></i>

Kanmuri was unsure of how Yakuin felt after saying all of this, but Kanmuri couldn’t care less. He could barely maintain his own mental state, until it all burst out.

<COLOR color="#FF00BF">Heh...HAHAHAHAHA. Wow, alright. I’m sorry, I didn’t mean to laugh. I had no intention of stepping on any toes. Kanmuri would say before chuckling and speaking again with the same confidence he had the past few minutes.

“I will take the task.”

Raizo

11th Kazekage
Yen
ASP
Deaths

VQXr6BL.jpg

Yakuin would once more sigh as he didn’t need to hear the feedback that was about to occur in his ear to know what the response would be.

"Understood. Would you like my current assessment? Understood.”
He would place his hand upon the recording device and begin to flip switches.
"Kanmuri, you’ve been denied. Thank you for taking the time to answer our questions.”

After finishing up with shutting down the machine he would head over to the door, withdraw the key, and unlock it.

”If you have any follow up questions, those that I could answer I will. If not, I wish you the best of luck in your studies.”

He would await at the door for any questions and to see the boy off before finalizing his wrap up activities and leaving himself, but no reason to keep the child any further.

It seemed like a waste of potential, a boy that seemed hellbent on showing that his own personal pride outweighed anything else. It was the attitude of a selfish child, which at 10 years of age was understandable. Yet younger than him were currently in the academy with a seemingly better grasp on the shinobi chain of command, the ideals of respect. As much as Yakuin could defend some of the boy’s reaction, this belief that he had been disrespectful in his open assessment was just something he could not get past. If that is what the boy had understood as disrespect, he was in for a long lonely journey through the rest of his life.

Whatever was meant for him was now seemingly gone, what could it have been and would it haunt him not knowing?

The Ball is in your court, padiwan.

Kanmuri

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
"Kanmuri, you’ve been denied. Thank you for taking the time to answer our questions.”</COLOR><i></i>

...Huh...What did he say?

“If you have any follow up questions, those that I could answer I will. If not, I wish you the best of luck in your studies.”<i></i>

Yakuin would begin packing up. He wasn’t joking. This was real. Kanmuri was being walked away from. Two big organizations had come to him, and he blew it. Kanmuri would loosen up in the chair as his eyes followed the Sand Jounin walking away.

<COLOR color="#FF00BF">“...Wait. Where are you going? You just offered me this opportunity didn’t you?

The young boy would whisper to himself. It seemed as if his world had been crushed. His heartbeat trembled throughout his body--His throat caving in on itself. He couldn’t breathe. His opportunity was slipping. He was choking. He was freezing up. The room felt cold and empty.

The ten-year old was scared.

Yakuin would stop at the door one final time. If Kanmuri had anything to say, he had to do it now. Time was not on his side...and neither were Yakuin’s party. His reputation would be ruined. He defended his pride and integrity and self-worth, but for what? His reputation was about to be tarnished--his dreams unattainable. His dream of being a shinobi was almost crumbling right before his eyes, and here he sat--his strength meaning nothing--at the bottom, denied by others. It would seem that his story was essentially over--unless fate had different plans in store. And maybe--just maybe--she did.

</B>
<B>“The power of a god...always comes with a price.

With strength worthy of applause...our two souls have become spliced.

Come now Kanmuri-kun...you can’t take your last breath.

Shine bright like a full moon…for you are this world’s...future god of death.”​
<i>​
</i>​

These familiar, distant words would thunder throughout his mind and body causing him to stand, but also clutch his chest--his heart--in pain. Whatever trance he was in was broken. Now, he was standing staring at Yakuin with scarlet eyes full of conviction.

It was now or never, and with his hand still clutching his heart, Kanmuri would speak,

“I get it. I’m not special. I’m an arrogant, child who knows nothing about the world. I talk and talk and talk, but where does this confidence come from? I’m just a brat that lost to Furoorensu. It doesn’t matter how close I was to winning, by my definition, I lacked strength. I’m wrong. It sucks that I have to do this, but there’s no helping it. I...was out of line.”

The young boy would get not only one his knees but place his head on the floor. His fists were visibly clenched, and if one looked close enough, they’d start to see wet marks beneath his face, tears.

“I get it. I don’t deserve it. I’m flawed--extremely flawed. I have room to grow and to change. I wasted everyone’s time...but please. Give me this mission. Give me a purpose!”

Prostrated on the floor. This was easily...the most vulnerable Kanmuri had ever been in his life--both willingly and unwillingly. In this position, Kanmuri could only hope and pray. His destiny no longer laid in his hands. He was at the mercy of Yakuin and the committees.

Raizo

11th Kazekage
Yen
ASP
Deaths

VQXr6BL.jpg

He was not surprised by this change in the atmosphere. If this was something to bet on, and he was the one to set the odds, he would have placed this outcome as 9/10. There was still a chance he would have continued with his previous attitude, but the currently growing book on Kanmuri seemed that would not be the case. He had drive, whether it was positively motivated or merely an outcome of his selfish proclamations on his pride, either way, it seemed hard to believe that he would not wish to take the opportunity. He was a child, they allow emotions to dictate their actions far too much, and their swing between emotions can be sudden and sharp.

His eyes would return to the boy as his mind began to process different outcomes. He could tell the boy his honest assessment right now based on his brief experience with him, along with furthering the belief that Kanmuri did not deserve the opportunity presented before him. There was a definite 100% success rate that such a tactic would break the boy, stunting his development and leaving him to descend into a dark place. Such a thing would cause whatever potential that was within the boy to be squandered. There was also the risk that him saying the boy could do the mission, even with his character flaws, would be a boon for the boy in theory but also might still crush him with what would be asked of him. It, however, was not his call. That wasn't what he was asked to do in this situation, and it did not necessarily make him feel any better that both parties he was acting as a liaison for also assumed this would happen.

He would tap his earpiece.

"Yes, he has expressed he would like a second chance. Yes, very well.”

He would once more shut the door as he would head back to the desk, once yet again flipping on the machine to allow the other parties a chance to actually listen in on the conversation once more.

"Kanmuri, before they are listening in on us once more allow me another moment to be frank. Your pride isn't a bad thing, but you are still looking at the world from the eyes of a child. You have experienced hardships, there is no denying that, and of course, it has impacted your belief system. This falling out with... the other family...all of it has given you this chip on your shoulder that you must face this world alone. You are continually abandoned, at such a young age, it must be quite hard. It will not get any easier, but you will not make it easier if you do not take the time to better assess your situation--”

His eyes would cut to the communication device as it seemed to begin humming back at full power. He would not be given a chance to give his full assessment of this aspect of Kanmuri that he had measured. There was more he wanted to say, for the benefit of the boy, but that moment would not be gone.

"Yes, can you hear me now? Good. We will continue. Kanmuri, we would like for you to assess yourself. What are your strengths, weaknesses, why should you be chosen?"

The first two should be simple enough but the third questions would be tougher. He had no idea what they wanted from him, it would require some tact to navigate what it was they might be looking for or maybe just simple luck that whatever he said would be good enough.

Almost there.

Kanmuri

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Kanmuri laid there--prostrated--and for the first time in a long while, he felt vulnerable. His heart still buzzed with pain and his forehead soaked with tears, but the boy refused to get up. Not until he heard an answer.

"Yes, he has expressed he would like a second chance. Yes, very well.”

Everything happened in slow motion after Yakuin said these words. A pounding headache washed over Kanmuri as it synchronized with the beating of the young boy’s heart. The slow footsteps of Yakuin would then overtake his eardrums in anticipation for what was to come. The closing of the door in front of him would scatter every nerve in his body. His eyes were closed. There was no way of knowing. Yakuin was gone and with his absence, Kanmuri was going to break down.

Until he heard his voice.

“Kanmuri,</COLOR><i></i>

The young demon would reply with an astonished, quick and sharp breath through his nostrils.

<COLOR color="#0080FF">“...before they are listening in on us once more allow me another moment to be frank. Your pride isn't a bad thing, but you are still looking at the world from the eyes of a child. You have experienced hardships, there is no denying that, and of course, it has impacted your belief system. This falling out with... the other family...all of it has given you this chip on your shoulder that you must face this world alone. You are continually abandoned, at such a young age, it must be quite hard. It will not get any easier, but you will not make it easier if you do not take the time to better assess your situation--”

Yakuin didn’t even know a quarter of it. Kanmuri had seen people die from his youth. Kyoujoran kids as much younger than he was now had been left for dead. Slabs of rock were littered on their small backs, and they had to walk for miles. There was no help or encouragement offered, only expectations. If you could not keep up, if you did not have the strength the stand once fallen, if you did not have the will--the conviction--to live, then you were not worth living or protecting in this world.

You were either strong enough to survive on your own, or you were dead.

That was the lesson Kanmuri learned with the Kyoujoran.

He had told himself a lie--forced himself to ignore everything about Akkuma. Miroku Akkuma told him countless of times.

Infiltrate the Sunan Ranks and Forces.

Gather Information for me.

Be my inside man.

They’ll be on the lookout for me.

It was more than obvious now that Kanmuri’s view of his father was nothing more than his subconscious hiding the facts, but that was no more--it had been forcibly ripped from his mind. His father, the man who he loved as a teacher, mentor, and king, was one of the people contrary to his ideology. Because of that, he needed to be culled. there was no other choice. On the day he ate the shinigami, the day they first met, Kanmuri’s conclusion was right. That man, Miroku Kanmuri, was Satan himself--making Kanmuri the Prince of Darkness. But, Kanmuri wouldn’t follow the path of his father.

In Greek mythology, Uranus was the father of Cronus, but Cronus was jealous of his father, so he plotted and killed his father. Cronus knew his time was short, but he refused to hand over his throne to anyone else. No one needed to rule besides him, so he devoured all his sons in an attempt to circumvent destiny, but one of his sons was born in secret. That son would eventually overthrow Cronus, defeat him, save his siblings, and become the future god of gods. That son was Zeus, and like Zeus, Kanmuri was going to erase the mistakes of Miroku Akkuma. He wasn’t the only experiment--Akkuma had to have more scattered across the world. But blood didn’t matter to him. He was going to save every and anyone suffering at the hands of people abusing their strengths--misusing their gifts! They would then become siblings, clansmen. With one man, a thousand would be saved, but with two, ten thousand. This would be how Kanmuri restored the glory of the Miroku clan, and until then, he would not bear that name. Not until he accomplished a fraction of his goal.

"Yes, can you hear me now? Good. We will continue. Kanmuri, we would like for you to assess yourself. What are your strengths, weaknesses, why should you be chosen?"

Upon hearing his name and hearing himself getting questioned, Kanmuri would slowly rise and wipe his face. He’d fix his demeanor and regain his composure. This was not the time to be emotional; he had a mission he was chosen for, and Kanmuri had no choice but to deliver.

“I’m a young boy. My strengths pale in comparison to others, and my weakness are abundant. I’m neither smart nor calculated. I rush in without thinking because of my drive to overcome obstacles. I throw myself into the fire in order to grow. I have a passion to stand at the top, and I tend to over fan the flames of that passion. I suck at ninjutsu, and the only Taijutsu I know is in relation to slashing and trying to cause bleeding. But, I’m not a liability.”

Kanmuri would raise his red faced, puffy eyes to Yakuin and confidently speak, fists clenced.

"It’s my passion that gives my determination, and my determination that gives me grit. My pride that makes me relentless in the pursuit of my goals. I will never back down--I’ll die before I fall. If I get pummeled, then I cripple my opponents mentally. There’s neither a genjutsu I don’t know nor a new one that I can’t learn. I believe it’s for these reasons that I was chosen because despite by headstrong attitude, I never come back empty handed, and I promise to not fail this mission. I’ll die trying to accomplish it before coming back empty-handed.”

Raizo

11th Kazekage
Yen
ASP
Deaths

VQXr6BL.jpg

He would nod throughout different points of the boy's words. If he was anything, it was a good active listener, but one that did not interject his own words to help with the coping. That ran counter to his purpose, which was to not reassure or confirm the boys words. It was to judge him. Upon the completion of Kanmuri's words, there would be feedback in the ear of Yakuin that would cause him to noticeably look concerned, the first expression of emotion he had shown throughout this entire interaction with Kanmuri.

"Of--of course... are you certain? Yes, okay, I understand.”

The perturbed, or was it shaken, Yakuin would stand back up once more. His form was flawless as was his posture. It was almost like a statue of living flesh was standing before the boy.

"As part of my duties I am to assess the following individual, Mi--... Kanmuri. Before I continue I would like to make it know that I have both follow up assessments and concerns."

There would once more be feedback at a noticeable level within his ears.

"With that in mind, my job is not that, today. It is to rate Kanmuri for those parties interested. One party has called for my assessment to conclude, as agreed upon between both parties I will now do that. The following assessment is based upon the parameters that both parties listed in our original meeting."

He would not sigh, but there would be something in his face that made it seemed like he was, something in his eyes when they could be seen through the light reflecting off his lenses.

"Kanmuri is of acceptable stature and appearance, as a child within both categories. For the age range you listed he believes himself to be within it, but some of his measurements would either put him at the smaller side of the older ages or slightly bigger for the younger age ranges. His passion seems to be one that will not break easily, but also something that might cause him to draw unwanted attention too soon and jeopardize his task. Strength-wise, he is clearly advance based on the measurements of his exam but still raw. I would rate his emotional endurance as low, but based on his previous history it would seem that he is capable of resiliency in such conditions."

There seemed to be a noticeable wince upon his face with those words.

"His background, his limited social and familial relationships, both of these factors positively for him in the parameters set. I would rate him as an 87% match for what it is you are both looking for, I would however--"

The feedback would be low, maybe Kanmuri would not notice it himself, but Yakuin would immediately silence himself. There was so much more he could say, to the parties listening and to the boy before him. Yet, based on his assessment and the words the boy just spoke, he knew that they would not pass up on utilizing his potential. He wasn't certain if that was the for the best of the boy, however. With that, he would turn his attention away from the boy and towards the door.

As the handle started to move...

Almost there.

Raizo

11th Kazekage
Yen
ASP
Deaths
Side Quest for Kanmuri | The Task said:

The door would open and a tall cloaked figure would calmly make its way into the classroom. The figure was draped in dark colors and upon his face was a metallic mask that seemed to favor a skull with glowing red eyes. The figure would stop, towering over the Jounin Yakuin, and turn to the man.
"Thank you for your efforts, Yakuin. Please give us the room, and shut the door behind you."

The words that came from the mask sounded inhuman, the tone and pitch having been altered to give a different sound than the true voice of whoever was behind the mask. The red eyes would turn to Kanmuri, peering down upon him but would not make another noise until after the man had left.

"Kanmuri, sit or stand, it does not matter to me. My name is 'Tenken', there may have been some announcement including my name when I took over the branch, but based on years you probably were not aware, interested or even in the village at the time. That isn't important, what is important is what I represent. I am one of the two leaders of the ANBU Corps here in Sunagakure, and we, along with a Sennin led war committee, are interested in you."

The tall figure, standing at its full height of around 6'4" (the village is short, what can I say), would remain standing while casting down its red gaze upon the boy.

"What we want to ask you align with one another, but what I could not tell them or Yakuin was why I nominated you as a potential candidate. I know of your beginning steps into the path of the mask... into our world... This mission is a two-fold one because of this, but it is one you may never come back from, either physically or figuratively. Do you wish to continue?"

OOC - Roku as Tenken has officially entered the thread baby!

Raizo

11th Kazekage
Yen
ASP
Deaths

VQXr6BL.jpg

There would be no more words from the Jounin as he would proceed as the Co-Leader of the ANBU had requested. He did not know much of Tenken, as many did not know much about the ANBU and for good reason. What he did know, was that the presence of the man did not seem to be one he wanted to cross.

Prior to leaving he would pause for a moment, look at Kanmuri, and nod. There would be a slight smile upon his face as he exited the room and shut the door behind him.

OOC - Yakuin has officially left this thread.

Final leg before you go out into the world.

Kanmuri

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
After his words, the room would fall quiet save for the humming in Yakuin’s earpiece. The Sunagakuran Jounin would promptly reply with a look of concern. This subtle change in facial features would not pass Kanmuri’s eyes. Having to fend for himself for so many years of his life had forced him to examine the faces and body language of other people, and right now, with what little emotion Yakuin displayed, Kanmuri came to a conclusion.

He’s...concerned. Throughout this entire meeting, he was stern faced and frank. What did those guys say that shook him so much?

However, Kanmuri would have to save his thoughts for later. The assessment was over. The once concerned Yakuin, like any good soldier, quickly fixed his composure and stood up straight and still like a statue.

What in the world? Why is he standing like he’s in front of his commanding officer? There’s only me in the room? Is this standard protocol for people who pass the assessment or am I thinking too much again?

As more and more questions began to flood Kanmuri’s head, Yakuin abruptly stop them with his words. It was time for the results of the assessment.

"Kanmuri is of acceptable stature and appearance, as a child within both categories. For the age range you listed he believes himself to be within it, but some of his measurements would either put him at the smaller side of the older ages or slightly bigger for the younger age ranges. His passion seems to be one that will not break easily, but also something that might cause him to draw unwanted attention too soon and jeopardize his task. Strength-wise, he is clearly advance based on the measurements of his exam but still raw. I would rate his emotional endurance as low, but based on his previous history it would seem that he is capable of resiliency in such conditions."

The words were harsh but truthful; however, Kanmuri wasn’t deterred. Like his Genin Exam, this was a learning experience, and he needed to take mental notes of his area of weakness because kings aren’t allowed to show weakness; they must be a beacon of hope to their people of followers. A king must never be seen as absolute strength and security for everyone he’s protecting. With that, Kanmuri would begin to make a mental list of his flaws as seen by Yakuin.

May draw unwanted attention with my passion...but what does he mean by “too soon?” Low emotional endurance...not sure what that means, but guessing attitude…

Kanmuri would stick two fingers up behind himself in order to remember his two flaws by Yakuin. While doing this, Yakuin would continue his assessment.

His background, his limited social and familial relationships, both of these factors positively for him in the parameters set. I would rate him as an 87% match for what it is you are both looking for, I would however--</COLOR><i></i>

Huh? Was he cut-

Raising his head to look at Yakuin, stoic-faced as usual, Kanmuri would see that his attention was diverted...to the door handle, which was now turning.

Walking into the room was a fully dark, clothed figure with a metallic skull for a face; it’s eyes were a deep, intense red that seemed to fear nothing. There was no slouching, no unsuredness in his step, and his head looked neither too high or too low.

This was someone who demanded attention, and his first words,

"Thank you for your efforts, Yakuin. Please give us the room, and shut the door behind you."</GLOW><i></i>

If a demon was forced to communicate from hell, it’d sound just like how the man in front of him currently sounded. Low, distorted, and

Without wasting a step, or so it seemed, Yakuin would make his way out of the room, but not before doing something very unnecessary, smiling at Kanmuri.

The ten year old’s heart would practically jump into his throat causing him to slightly turn red. There was no attraction of any kind to Yakuin, that’s not why the young boy blushed.

He had been praised. In Yakuin’s own, weird way, he was praising the young demon, at least in the head of Kanmuri, and that action did not go unnoticed by Kanmuri. However, Kanmuri had taller concerns to deal with.

<GLOW glow="#00BFFF">"Kanmuri, sit”

Immediately, Kanmuri would look turn his back and look for a chair only to stop mid-step as the 2 foot taller figure towered over him and continued to speak.

“or stand, it does not matter to me. My name is 'Tenken', there may have been some announcement including my name when I took over the branch, but based on years you probably were not aware, interested or even in the village at the time. That isn't important, what is important is what I represent. I am one of the two leaders of the ANBU Corps here in Sunagakure, and we, along with a Sennin led war committee, are interested in you."

He was right. Kanmuri had no idea who he was and why he commanded such a presence, but Kanmuri didn’t even need to fight him to understand this fact; he was stronger than him and, above all, he demanded respect. His voice alone was enough to make Kanmuri jittery--hell, it was enough to make his heart rate skyrocket. However, his identity was revealed soon enough. He was a leader of the ANBU Corps...and he, along with the war committee, was interested in Kanmuri, the young, brash, pridefully flawed, demonic experimentation of Miroku Akkuma.

That remark alone was enough to wash away the red blush on Kanmuri’s face. He was now standing in awe. He didn’t know how he felt about this…figure, but he’d instantly earned Kanmuri’s respect. Because of that, his words would pull Kanmuri around like a fish on a hook.

<COLOR color="white">"What we want to ask you align with one another, but what I could not tell them or Yakuin was why I nominated you as a potential candidate. I know of your beginning steps into the path of the mask... into our world... This mission is a two-fold one because of this, but it is one you may never come back from, either physically or figuratively. Do you wish to continue?"

Wide mouthed, Kanmuri didn’t know the meaning of what most of this...person?...said, but he did understand one question.

“Do you wish to continue?"

At to that question, Kanmuri would reply,

“Yes, sir!”

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back