Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Requesting Kanmuri: Side Quest Available

Raizo

11th Kazekage
Yen
ASP
Deaths
Side Quest for Kanmuri | The Task said:
It was good that the boy was willing to accept. Ruin had already mentioned to him that this boy was the son of Akkuma, but getting Yakuin to lean on the information provided through the exam the boy had received previously allowed him to explore the information without it coming from a named source. There was no further need to cause the boy to distrust those around him, it seemed his family was already covering those bases.

"Good. Now then allow me to explain the task. Before that, I should address a couple of things. First, I knew of your association with the Miroku gang before today, and that fact has had me leary of instilling any trust in you. This is not because I view that gang as a huge threat, they seem to just be orphans looking for acceptance, but Akkuma himself is different. He is an annoyance, a wart, a blight upon this world that is benign but still irritating."

He would say in his altered voice but even through that modified speech, you'd still be able to notice that it would seemingly be matter of fact. It was true, he did not view the Miroku as a whole as a threat. They all seemed to have their vices, but would have just been a waste of resource to apprehend. Most of them were children the leader of the gang, or more apt cult, had snatched up and given ideas of granduer. The true monster was Akkuma, but not because he was a demon or some great crime lord. He was a monster because he plucked up young and impressionable minds, twisted them and for the whole purpose so he could use them. He spoke of family, but he just wanted things to use for his own benefit. Their lives belonged to "The Miroku" after all, unfortunately for them the only true Miroku was Akkuma. None would ever learn that truth until it was too late.

"Yet, it seems that association is over. That is good, a character like that is a wall, a dead end. You may reach his level, for whatever reason that behooves you, but you'd never make it any further. Not just within this village, but just in general."

That was pretty much all he wanted to say on that matter for now.

"Fear not, I, and your mentor Ruin, see potential within you. You've had a horrible upbringing, you've been conscripted into broken family after broken family, and while I am not here to become your father, I am here to bring you a place of belonging. We, the ANBU and this village, need you. Yet, what I am going to ask you is essentially asking you to be prepared to tear yourself apart, I am sorry... yet, this is something that many could do but only few could be trusted."

It was true. He would produce a folder from within his cloak and hand it over to the boy. Within the folder would be information on concerning Soons Haven, the growing and disappearing orphan population, and various pictures of individuals labeled as "scout", "collector", "mother", and "father". The image of "collector" would be one that would look different than the others, who all looked like your average person, the collector images would be a man wearing a white fabric mask over his head.

"What I am about to tell you is both confidential and partially known information. I would normally wait until you are fully accepted into the corps as a full ANBU before speaking on these types of matters, but the assumption that I could kill you if you ran with this information reassures me that you will remain silent, regardless."

A smirk would be behind his mask as he would linger for a bit allowing the pause to grow pregnant.

"Our enemy, the Daimyo, utilizes an army of personally trained soldiers that are called The Sovereign, I am unsure how much of that has been covered for Academy students, but most shinobi of the village should be up to date on this much. The Sovereign are crafted in an Academy, but what isn't known is that their recruits are abducted children. This country has a growing human trafficking network, one that had been recently made public due to an issue with a regional gang (here). That gang has been complete erradicated, a brutal series of very public murders throughout the country--apparently someone was sending a message, and following this the known human trafficking routes have disappeared. The public was alerted to the fact one of the Merchant Lords, Mako, was involved in this and those that named her are now dead and the routes that were once almost flaunted have faded into the shadows. Some work from other individuals, such as the former Kazekage, have also increased this attention on this henious human rights violation."

He would then cross his arms.

"However, losing trace of these routes has not helped us, and we know that they have not stopped their operations. It seems this tension in the country is reaching a point of explosion, and toppling this pipeline of flesh to the Daimyo and his forces might be one of our keys to victory. What we need from you is both simple and hard; I need you to be abducted."

The explanation would stop, as his head would cock to the side. He wanted to know what the boy thought about such a thing before continuing.

Kanmuri

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
"Good. Now then allow me to explain the task. Before that, I should address a couple of things. First, I knew of your association with the Miroku gang before today, and that fact has had me leary of instilling any trust in you. This is not because I view that gang as a huge threat, they seem to just be orphans looking for acceptance, but Akkuma himself is different. He is an annoyance, a wart, a blight upon this world that is benign but still irritating."</COLOR></GLOW><i></i>

Throughout Tenken’s words, Kanmuri’s body was as sharp as a sword and as immovable as a wall. His arms laid straight and attached to his side while his face mimicked that of Yakuin’s, emotionless and rigid. If it wasn’t clear enough, for better or for worse, Kanmuri was wrapped around Tenken’s finger. Maybe it was due to the child’s background or his biological and genetic composition by way of Miroku Akkuma or just maybe it was a trait of his own, but Kanmuri’s loyalty was something as stubborn as his pride and with something as basic as his presence, Tenken had won it and in the arms race that was an orphans loyalty, making the first move was crucial. Tenken was unknowingly increasing his stock.

It was as if everything Tenken said was perfectly crafted to appeal to the ten year old. First off, he already had his eyes on Kanmuri--something that resonated with the boy. Even if it was for the wrong reasons, the fact that someone would watch him and donate their time to him was more than enough to warm Kanmuri’s cold, manipulative and untrusting heart. In addition to this, he accepted him despite his mistakes. His association with Miroku Akkuma was nothing short of a mistake in the young boy’s eyes, and he was glad that he severed that bond completely...or at least, he thought. Lastly, they shared the same views. Akkuma was nothing short of a manipulative bastard plucking children from the street who experimented on hopeful children like mice in a lab. Those who did not survive were thrown away and forgotten while those were survived were further manipulated and brainwashed until Akkuma was the reason for their life and existence--until Miroku Akkuma was their god. That’s why he needed to disappear. That’s why Kanmuri severed their bond and relationship.

"Yet, it seems that association is over. That is good, a character like that is a wall, a dead end. You may reach his level, for whatever reason that behooves you, but you'd never make it any further. Not just within this village, but just in general."

Kanmuri would just stare into the red, glowing eyes of Tenken with his scarlet, conviction-filled own. There was nothing to say--nothing he could say. The message was simple and true, “Make a name for yourself by yourself.” That demon would never be needed for Kanmuri to be great. Not now. Not ever.

"Fear not, I, and your mentor Ruin, see potential within you. You've had a horrible upbringing, you've been conscripted into broken family after broken family, and while I am not here to become your father, I am here to bring you a place of belonging. We, the ANBU and this village, need you. Yet, what I am going to ask you is essentially asking you to be prepared to tear yourself apart, I am sorry... yet, this is something that many could do but only few could be trusted."<i></i>

There was the other name...Ruin, Kanmuri’s ANBU mentor. The underlying question floated in both Kanmuri’s head and the Shinigami deep within him. Did this hooded figure know the truth about Kaen and his goals. Did he know that that man--that ANBU--housed powers of unimaginable proportions? Did he know that Shinku Kaen was the one true Lord of the Flame Court, Homura? Did he know that Kaen’s was truly loyal to know one but whoever Mother Suna was...and power?

Being that Shinku Kaen was the second person to earn Kanmuri’s respect and that his power seemed to dwarf that of the man standing in front of him. Kanmuri refused to even hint at knowing anything about his mentor. If the man in front of him was capable of killing Kanmuri, then Kaen would be the being strong enough to eliminate Tenken, at least in this young demon’s eyes. The power of an Ancient was something Kanmuri secretly wanted. It outclassed him. It was the only thing in Kanmuri’s eyes that stood a chance of stopping him if he were to ever reach his goal of being at the top. If he ever stood at the pinnacle of shinobi strength and power, then it would be beings like Kaen, Ancients, that Kanmuri looked up to and obeyed from that pinnacle, the unreachable stars and skies.

However, that was something out of reach--something the boy could only dream of, so he shooed it to the back of his mind and focused on what was at hand. Tenken had just produced a folder from the black void that was his cloak. Its contents would hold informations regarding Soons Haven, a place Kanmuri didn’t know much about, but his knowledge of Soon’s Haven wasn’t necessary. His task now was to absorb the sorrowful information presented to him. The folder showed multiple, orphaned children like himself disappearing at striking rates. There were a variety of faces labeled as “scout”, “mother”, and “father.” But there was one face that stood out in the folder--one face that seemed to demand the most attention, the face of the “collector,” and if it wasn’t evident enough, this was the man kidnapping kids of unfortunate circumstances. His defining factor was something unable to miss, a white fabric mask. After digesting the necessary information, Kanmuri would nod to signal his completion to Tenken, who at once continued his words, but in a much more serious tone.

<GLOW glow="#00BFFF"><COLOR color="white">"What I am about to tell you is both confidential and partially known information. I would normally wait until you are fully accepted into the corps as a full ANBU before speaking on these types of matters, but the assumption that I could kill you if you ran with this information reassures me that you will remain silent, regardless."

If Kanmuri was a normal ten year old boy with no experience of the world, he would have been shaking in his shoes, but that wasn’t the case. His stern eyes reflected the same confidence of Tenken who spoke to him. He wasn’t cocky or arrogant nor was it due to his pride or combat prowess, what stared back at the eyes of Tenken were the eyes resulting from a thought Kaen had taught the young demon, 'I lived through this. I can take the next thing that comes along.'

The young demon had already been at death’s door once and miraculously overpowered and survived. Death was no longer something he was afraid of...at least for now.

"Our enemy, the Daimyo, utilizes an army of personally trained soldiers that are called The Sovereign, I am unsure how much of that has been covered for Academy students, but most shinobi of the village should be up to date on this much. The Sovereign are crafted in an Academy, but what isn't known is that their recruits are abducted children. This country has a growing human trafficking network, one that had been recently made public due to an issue with a regional gang. That gang has been completely eradicated, a brutal series of very public murders throughout the country--apparently someone was sending a message, and following this the known human trafficking routes have disappeared. The public was alerted to the fact one of the Merchant Lords, Mako, was involved in this and those that named her are now dead and the routes that were once almost flaunted have faded into the shadows. Some work from other individuals, such as the former Kazekage, have also increased this attention on this henious human rights violation. However, losing trace of these routes has not helped us, and we know that they have not stopped their operations. It seems this tension in the country is reaching a point of explosion, and toppling this pipeline of flesh to the Daimyo and his forces might be one of our keys to victory. What we need from you is both simple and hard; I need you to be abducted."

Kanmuri didn’t know about the Sovereign. In fact, Kanmuri didn’t know much of anything regarding the world. His view of power and the world blinded him from the pursuit of knowledge, but after today, Kanmuri would fix that. The remedial classes he had been attending slightly aided his empty mind, but the information he learned there was nothing besides simple positions in their society such as the Kazekage, his Steward, and the Sennin. If he ever wanted to leader--a king to others who needed help--then he’d need to be educated about the world. He could learn a lot about the world through reading books, but that would have to wait. The simplest and most rash decision that his young, demonic mind could come up with was to experience the world through his eyes and experience--to see it without the biases of other authors firsthand. What Tenken said before him had definitely struck a chord within the boy. Kids like him were being used and transformed into soldiers of war. Worst of all, they were on his opposing side. Here he was, a child given the opportunity to bring it to an end. He was being given a chance to realize two of his goals early on, cull those misusing their gifts and explore the world through his eyes. It was a win-win, and with that in mind, his reply would be.

“How quickly can I be deployed, Master Tenken?”

How could Kanmuri possibly deny this gift from fate?

Raizo

11th Kazekage
Yen
ASP
Deaths
Side Quest for Kanmuri | The Task said:
It was as clear as crystal upon the boy's face; he was still not prepared for this mission. His naivety, his lack of understanding was written, almost plastered, across his face. What was being asked of him was monumental, in scope for a shinobi of his experience, and yet there he was, foolhardy accepting. He did not take time to consider, he did not question, he was focused. This was inherently a bad quality, but the boy had blinders. He saw something, whether it was fame, recognition, a career path, a means to prove himself or maybe an altruistic calling, whatever it was it was the only thing he could see. The boy did not fully understand the ramifications of this mission in the slightest. This would be perfect if the intention was to toss this hunk of meat into the grinder and not care how it sorts itself out, but even as the 'child' of the cult, there was something others saw in him. There was a little something he could see in the boy as well. He just needed to be refined.

The leader of the ANBU would wave his hand, a motion of telling the child to 'calm down',

"I admire the gumption, but before you embark on this mission I need you to do a couple of things. Fairly standard, really, and should not be too difficult. First, I need you to meet with Ruin, there is a chance he has another assignment for you cooked up in his brain. Your mission might require you to be away for some time, I do not want to delay his 'education' of you."

The subordinate of his subordinate, what a cute little lineage.

"Second, I wish for you to speak to whoever you hold the strongest emotional tie to in this village. The conversation has no direct topic, just spend at least an hour or so with them talking."

Well, that probably sounded like an odd task to complete.

"Lastly, I need you to achieve the highest ranking in the village that you can do within the village, under your main branch designation. The reason you have a time limit of a month, is that is roughly how long we have estimated it should take for us to have everything prepped for you. "

This one probably sounded practical enough. What it also meant, for Tenken, is that if the boy could rank up then he would become more polished. The task that was going to be assigned to him was going to require him to rely a lot on his mind and willpower, both of those could be tested and grown through ranking up. It was also irritating the boy was still in the academy. And, not that he would admit it, but it would help him should this go sideways. It would be poor optics getting an academy student killed, a Genin or Chuunin just looked a bit better on a report.

"Hmm... correction, I also need you to meet with on of the Sennin. He is a troublesome man, his history is rather cloudy, even for our searches, his attitude is rather poor and his behavior can be crude. All-in-all, some would consider him crazy, eccentric or just an deviant. Either way, you are going to meet with him near the latter half of the above three requests, so your talk with him should be about the last task you accomplish during this next month."

He couldn't help but smile to himself behind his mask.

"Sennin Roku. You can use any military communication device to contact him, just simply state your name and that you are looking for him. He will then... probably... get back in touch."

I mean, sometimes I am a busy man. Got appearances to maintain.

"Barring any additional questions, these are the tasks ahead of you. I expect you to carry them out to the best of your ability. Within one month from now, you will exit the village and meet me and my agents in the Desert Expanse at these coordinates. That is all for now, Kanmuri."

He would then hand the boy a small sliver of paper that had coordinates written out upon it. He would then await if the boy had any further questions.

Kanmuri

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Tenken would raise his palm in the air after Kanmuri’s remark. There was no need for anything to be said as the message was clear. Relax.

"I admire the gumption, but before you embark on this mission I need you to do a couple of things. Fairly standard, really, and should not be too difficult. First, I need you to meet with Ruin, there is a chance he has another assignment for you cooked up in his brain. Your mission might require you to be away for some time, I do not want to delay his 'education' of you. Second, I wish for you to speak to whoever you hold the strongest emotional tie to in this village. The conversation has no direct topic, just spend at least an hour or so with them talking. Lastly, I need you to achieve the highest ranking in the village that you can do within the village, under your main branch designation. The reason you have a time limit of a month, is that is roughly how long we have estimated it should take for us to have everything prepped for you. "

Well, it was clear that the ANBU had no intention of immediately completing the mission tasked with Kanmuri, but that was okay. The ten year old boy wasn’t stable in any aspect of himself, and more than anything he needed to sort himself out. At the very least, he needed to preoccupy himself with something more than his internal thoughts and conflict. The one thing this young boy wanted to do more than anything was learn. His intelligence left much to be desired in regards to an intellectual, which was okay in Kanmuri’s eyes since he only cared for power. However, a part of him still wanted to save others and change the world. The demon wanted to leave a positive impact. His experiences in life were nothing short of abuse and manipulation. It was surprising that the ten year old didn’t have depression of some kind. Luckily, or unluckily, the boy had focused all of his terrible experiences into chasing a goal, as impossible as it seemed. He wanted to save those being abused by others; save those who lacked hope and didn’t have a leader to follow, and cull those who were only reinforcing the cycle of abuse of others through the misuse of gifts. The world wasn’t perfect; people would always use the power they have to negatively impact others. But Kanmuri wanted to help those who could...even if it was just a little.

It was for this reason that Kanmuri made mental notes of all he had to do. The ANBU commander had given him three goals. The first was finish his apprenticeship with Ruin, which was more than easy. The boy had forged a relationship with his master due to their last mission. Kaen seemed eager to teach and improve the skills of the young demon, and due to Kanmuri’s mythological view of the man, he was more than willing to seek out the man. It was the second task of Tenken that would prove to be a problem. There was currently a gaping hole in the ten year old’s heart. A hole that was once occupied by his father, Miroku Akkuma.

No matter how much the boy’s demon side wanted to deny, trash, spit, and crumble everything that wanted to do with Akkuma, Kanmuri was still part human, and it was that human portion that caused his heart to ache. That man was a manipulating, scheming, misguided demon that cared did not care for any laws or rules pertaining to the Earth that they walked on. But Miroku Akkuma was still his father. As much as he hated it; as much as he wanted to deny it; as much as he wanted to disassociated himself, Kanmuri couldn’t. There was no denying it. Kanmuri was the son of that dastardly demon, and that dastardly demon was his father. However, Miroku Akkuma was out of the his life now, and that left the young boy a yearning to fill it, but there wasn’t anyone who could fill it. Unfortunately, he would not be able to fulfill that task.

His last task would be something Kanmuri already planned to do, rise through the ranks. He was in the academy for that very purpose. Back when he was a pawn for Akkuma, his tasks included climbing the Sunan Ranks and becoming an ANBU to keep the Chaos Demon informed on any significant happenings. With or without Akkuma, the former goal remained the same; Kanmuri’s urge to fight had only been increasing as he aged, and if he was smart, he’d channel those urges towards the right thing. Now, Kanmuri wasn’t smart--not by any means--but he wanted to fight, and he knew he could do that via one sure thing. He would take down any and all of the kids who graduated the academy. First things first, he needed to become a Genin--then Chunnin. He could easily rank-up and use the ANBU as his excuse, but he wanted to prove his worth. Along with his urges to battle, deep within Kanmuri there was a boiling pot of pride waiting to overflow.

"Hmm... correction, I also need you to meet with on of the Sennin. He is a troublesome man, his history is rather cloudy, even for our searches, his attitude is rather poor and his behavior can be crude. All-in-all, some would consider him crazy, eccentric or just an deviant. Either way, you are going to meet with him near the latter half of the above three requests, so your talk with him should be about the last task you accomplish during this next month. Sennin Roku. You can use any military communication device to contact him, just simply state your name and that you are looking for him. He will then... probably... get back in touch."<i></i>

Even to the uneducated ten year old, this seemed odd. Why was he updating a “crazy, eccentric” about his progress? Especially if his attitude was poor and his behavior crude? It didn’t make sense at all, but he had goals to complete and that was another objective forced upon the boy. He had a lot to accomplish in a month. It would be hectic and time consuming, but that’s what the boy needed--something to take his mind off Akkuma--and with a nod and salute, Kanmuri would say, “Yes, sir! I have no further questions.”

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back