Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Research

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Iori would thumb through a large book in his hands, the man currently within the spacious library of the Yamazaki Estate. Centuries worth of notes, papers, and book lined the walls, the majority written by members of his clan. All around him were neat piles of books, the man having spent the past few hours poring over as many as he could. If he was going to perform the eye transplant for Unohara Kasa he wanted to know everything he could about the Sharingan and the Uchiha. Unfortunately he found information to be scarce, and there was almost nothing concerning the Eternal Mangekyo Sharingan. He began to feel frustrated, setting the book down beside him before pulling out another tome.

Yen
ASP
Deaths
It had been quite a few hours since Chizuru had last seen her father. The man had been cooped up in the library for so long now. Chizuru had passed the time by making dinner, but became worried when Iori had not shown up at the proper time for dinner. She had the table set but still, no Iori. Finally, Chizuru decided that she would simply just bring dinner to Iori, placing everything on a tray and heading towards the library. Chizuru was currently dressed in a cute traditional maid outfit, though hers had the Yamazaki family symbol embroidered into the hem of the dress in a repeating pattern. Tonight’s dinner consisted of Chicken Schnitzel, potato salad, creamy coleslaw, and for dessert a cinnamon coffee cake. Chizuru had taken a liking to cooking and was capable of creating some impressive meals. She was no expert cook, but she was very much capable of following various recipe’s left by others.

“Father, I brought dinner,” She’d say as she enters the library, her hair was up in pig tails, tied there with big black ribbons.

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Iori would hear footsteps approaching, turning his gaze towards the door to the library. He smiled when he saw that it was his beloved daughter, closing the book as he beckoned her over. "Is it really that late?" He would ask sheepishly, motioning for her to lay the tray on a table. "It's been frustrating...centuries worth of knowledge and yet there's so little concerning the sharingan. The Uchiha have done a good job keeping their secrets..." he would say as he tossed the book on the table, a hand moving to gently pat his daughter on the head. "So, what did you make this evening...ah...." his smile brightened as he uncovered the dishes, giggling as his stomach loudly growled as soon as that delicious smell hit his nose. "It looks delicious. I take it you've made good use of your grandmother's recipes?" He would ask as he sat down in front of the meal and began to eat, moaning happily at how good it tasted.

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The little one lived for such compliments from her father. Once the tray of food was uncovered as his tummy began to growl, Chizuru would also begin to giggle. Sometimes…well a lot of times, Iori could get so incredibly wrapped up in his work, it was amazing how long he could go without a break of any kind. Thankfully Chizuru was there to make sure he at least was fed and took breaks when the time called for it. Yoshina, Chizuru’s mother and Iori’s late wife may have been gone from their lives but Chizuru was doing a grand job of filling in the gaps where she could.

“The recipe I got from grandmother is just perfect, daddy. I’m sure you’ll like it…unless I made something that you didn’t particularly like when she made it…then well…uhm…”

Chizuru begins to ponder, those gears in her head beginning to churn as she begins to think of the various outcomes. She was going to get lost in her thoughts at this point unless Iori quickly snapped her out of it.

Yen
ASP
Deaths
"Don't worry, dear. I've always adored my mother's cooking, and you've done a good job in preparing these dishes." He would compliment her as he ate, looking towards his daughter. Despite the fact that his gaze was on her his eyes seemed as if they were staring through her, it was evident that even now his mind was still working on the problem at hand. "You know, she always told me that cooking was a science, all about the chemicals and how they interact with each other to make the perfect dish. I think she spent as much time in the kitchen as she did in the lab!" He would laugh as he recalled his mother fondly, making a mental note to write to her again soon. "And your mother...heh...you should have seen the first time she tried to cook for our family. Your grandmother was hellbent on supervising and wasn't afraid to voice her opinions on her methods and was just being a nuisance. I was forced to finally drag her out of the kitchen and into the lab where we spent two hours talking about her theories until dinner was ready." The man would recall the event with a smile, taking his glass of wine and sipping it. The man had long worked through the pain of losing his wife, choosing to keep her memory alive with a smile. "In the end your grandmother was impressed by her cooking, even asked for some of her recipes." He chuckled as he looked back at his daughter, smiling fondly as he saw his wife within her eyes.

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Chizuru was snapped out of her stupor as Iori began to talk again. She always loved hearing about her family, especially her mother. Chizuru had not been traumatized by the event of losing her mother, mainly because she was well aware of the circumstances as to why she herself was still even alive today. It was a dark story, but one that she herself thought was a noble thing for her father to do for her.

“I should try cooking with some of mama’s recipe’s next time.” She’d finally speak up after a while.

Chizuru lets her father eat, instead of bombarding him with questions. Once he was done eating however, she’d make sure she had plenty of things to ask him about for she knew that Iori always did his very best to answer any questions she had but first and foremost, Chizuru gazes up at Iori.

“I can tell that you’re still trying to concentrate on your work down here. Please let me help you with it, daddy.”

Yen
ASP
Deaths
"I think she wrote them down somewhere. Once I'm finished with this whole sharingan business I'll get them for you." He would say as the girl mentioned her mother's recipes, a hand moving to pat her head before returning to his meal. Soon he would be finished, sighing contently before downing his glass of wine. "Absolutely magnificent! Better than any restaurant I've been to!" He would smile, wiping his mouth with a napkin before leaning over to kiss his daughter's cheek. He would nod as the girl requested to help him, the man not one to turn down help when needed especially when it meant he could spend time with her. "Of course you can, pumpkin. I've been trying to find information about the Eternal Mangekyo Sharingan and so far...nothing. Maybe another pair of eyes is just what I need." He would say as he motioned for her to sit next to him, pushing a rather large book in font of her.

Yen
ASP
Deaths
“Ah, yes that weird Uchiha family line power with the strange anomalies in their eyes. I’m not familiar with it beside rumors and hear say, but I’m sure if there’s anything in these books I’ll be able to find them.” Chizuru giggles cutely and begins cleaning up the plates, setting them all down on the tray.

“I’ll be right back with some tea, daddy. I’ve a feeling we’re going to be here for a while, may as well have some hot tea to keep us awake.”

One might point out that coffee was the proper drink for such a late night session, but Chizuru didn’t like coffee. Of course she’d add a little something extra to the tea that would help keep their energy up as well. It only took a few minutes for Chizuru to return, this time using her own personal tea set, which was a set of custom made tea cups, tea pot, bowls, and saucers that had the same black rose design upon them.

“I wonder if I had another pair of eyes and arms, if I would be able to read through a book faster. Then again I might not be able to focus my eyes on two things at one time like that…I’d have 4 eyes but I don’t think I have the capacity to individually control them…not without some manner of brain alteration…”

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Once Chizuru returned with the tea he would nod towards her, holding out a cup for her to fill before he took a sip. He could only chuckle as the girl wondered about having extra arms or eyes, the man loving how full of idea she was. "It would certainly make for a fun experiment, wouldn't it? That should be our next project once we finish up with this...I suppose we would have to get you some new dresses to accommodate the arms though..." He would wonder as he thumbed through a book, finding a specific page before placing it before Chizuru. It contained a drawing of an activated sharingan, red with the three black tomoe surrounding the pupil. "The sharingan is feared among the world of shinobi due to the fact that it can not only let the wear duplicate jutsu...but it can let them see the future." He would let that sink in for a moment, watching the girl's reaction as he drank his tea. "Of course it doesn't really give the user clairvoyance, but rather it helps track even the most subtle of muscle movements within their target, letting them react faster to their actions. As for copying jutsu it's actually the user just memorizing the hand signals that were performed to create them, nothing fancier than that." He would explain, setting his cup aside. "And that's as much as I know about it. Skilled users can evolve it further into the Magekyo Sharingan, and then there's what we're after, the Eternal Mangekyo Sharingan. "According to rumor you can only gain it by killing your best friend and taking their eyes...but I really don't think it has to be that specific. Hopefully we'll just need to transplant the eyes from one sharingan user to another..." He would sigh softly as he rubbed his temple, feeling frustrated.

Yen
ASP
Deaths
“Killing your best friend in order to gain a more powerful form of the Sharingan sounds incredibly specific and, honestly, ridiculous.”

Chizuru was not a fan of silly sounding rumors. She’d have to see that one to ever come to fully believe it.

“I’m sure it is something more along the lines of reaching a certain level of aptitude and skill and someone just made that rumor up either out of fear or to cause fear. Either way, the notion simply sounds farfetched.”

Chizuru then takes hold of the book and beings reading through it. It truly was her first time ever dealing with the strange uchiha ability and she found what it was capable of doing to be very fascinating. Being able to read muscles so well that it seemed as if you could somehow see into the future was amazing, as was the ability to practically copy other people’s jutsu.

“This sharingan ability is most fascinating, father, but I have to admit that I am skeptical that it will work if you transplant it from one host to another…wonder if there is more to it than just the eye itself, or maybe there’s some kind of gene defect within the Uchiha that allows for those with their blood to perform this.”

Yen
ASP
Deaths
"I doubt the claim that you need to kill a friend to achieve it, but there could be some truth to having to swap out your eyes for another." Iori would say as he leaned back in his chair, lifting his cup to his lips. "I don't believe Kasa-san would want to go through that kind of procedure if he didn't think he had to. Fortunately I don't think there's much at risk. Either it's a success and he gets his new power or nothing changes and he's got himself a new pair of eyes." The man would shrug, taking another sip of his tea before placing it back on the table. "Really I was just hoping that someone in our family would have had done research on it before, though it would be impossible considering how secretive the Uchiha are. Luckily Kasa-san has promised to give me his eyes, so we may start getting some insight into how they work." He would say as his smile widened, almost salivating at the thought of being able to dissect them.

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Chizuru mirrored her father at the moment, finding the idea of getting a chance to dissect and learn more about those strange eyes a wonderful opportunity. The adorable girl was smiling almost evilly as she looks up at her father. It was rare to see her in such a state like this. IT was a look that only Iori would even be used to seeing as she didn’t talk of such experiments out loud or outside of the mansion with anyone.

“Ohhh you have a good point daddy! Promise me you will allow me to assist you when the time comes. I do believe I’ll be devastated if I miss out on such an opportunity like this.”

There was something about taking things apart to learn more about them that just got Chizuru overly excited. From machinery to living bodies, it did not seem to matter; Chizuru loved dissecting things more than anything else. She’d read a bit more and then suddenly close the book.

“Seems like it’s time for us to add our own research notes to the archives on the Uchiha then, Daddy. We’ll have to get information on more than just their eyes though! We should try to cover every possible aspect, right? I’m hoping Sir Unohara is planning on delivering more than just a pair of eyes…we’re going to get the whole body, right?”

Chizuru looked up at her father with such a hopeful look, like a child would give after asking for cake or ice-cream.

Yen
ASP
Deaths
"Of course you're going to assist me, pumpkin! I couldn't dream of not sharing such an opportunity with you!" He would say happily, enjoying his little girl's enthusiasm. He chuckled as she asked about Unahara bringing the whole body back, the man thinking about it for a moment as he rubbed his chin. "It could be possible. Unahara should be able to store the body in a scroll, otherwise it would be much to dangerous to just carry a corpse around like that. Whether it's in good condition though is another matter entirely. According to Suzuhime the man they're going after is a headmaster at the academy, so he should prove to be a fearsome foe and that's not even taking the sharingan into account. If they have to go all out against him...well...we may not have too much to play with afterwards." He would take a moment to sip his tea, realizing that his words may disappoint Chizuru. "Don't worry, I'll tell them to make sure not to damage the body too much." He would say with a smile, a hand moving to caress her cheek.

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Indeed there would be some disappointment on Chizuru’s face after she heard that news. She understood that the safety of her aunt and the strange man that had visited them earlier would have to come first, but the adorable girl still was disheartened by the news that she might not get a body in perfect condition or perhaps not at all. She tried to remain strong and not let her disappointment ruin the moment.

“Ah, well the eyes are a good start at the very least and being able to assist you is going to make me very happy.” She was always an optimistic girl whenever she could be. “No need for me to go pouting over such news. Maybe they will bring the body back in a great condition anyway!”

Chizuru nuzzles against her father’s hand when he moves to caress her cheek. She’d stay there for a few moments, just enjoying the moment and the closeness of her father for a few minutes before she’d get back to helping him with the research. One book was set down and another was picked up. Any small amount of information she finds would be scribbled down on a note-pad. Her hand writing was incredibly fancy, courtesy of many penmanship and calligraphy lessons from her late mother, Yoshina.

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Iori would smile as the girl nuzzled his hand, feeling his heart skip a beat at how loving his daughter was. Soon they would return to the research, both getting lost in books as they sought to find anything about the Eternal Mangekyo Sharingan. At one point he would stand and pace the room as he flipped through one of the tomes, silence falling over the library as he did his work. "How has school been?" He would finally speak up after an hour or so, looking over at his daughter. "Have you been keeping out of trouble?" He would ask with a grin, knowing full well that she has. The girl was quiet, docile, wise beyond her years. She had always been so calm and courteous, no doubt taking after her mother.

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Chizuru had been immersed in her research becoming much like her father in moments like these. She sat in the middle of a few book piles as she read through various books, just skimming them and other times going off on a tangent and finding something interesting before she’d have to remind herself what she was here for. Chizuru perks up when her father begins talking to her and asks her about how things were at school.

“It’s been fine. About as fine as things can be considering…my lack of athletic ability at times…I mean…” She pouts a bit as she looks up for her book at her father. “It’s not that I don’t like sports or anything like that. It is fun to just…run and get sweaty and things like that. It’s just that it doesn’t challenge my mind in the least like a game of chess does. And when it comes to certain games, I’m not very good at them compared to the other students so they tease me about it. It is not very fair, I must say. I don’t go about making fun of all the students who don’t know the difference between mass and weight.”

Chizuru clearly was troubled by this but of course, she was very calm and patient, able to both understand and deal with the things she has to deal with in school. Still it made her angry, but at least she was able to vent her frustrations to her father so that her anger didn’t build up to the point in which she exploded.

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Iori would silently listen to his daughter as she talked about school, a worried look crossing his features as she talked about being teased. Chizuru was far more durable than normal children and had above average stamina due to the procedures he performed to bring her back from the dead, but otherwise she was just a normal girl, one who was far more interested in academics than physical activities. Perhaps he was partly to blame since he focused on exercising her mind rather than her body, but then again intellect has always been the strongest quality of the Yamazaki clan. "Don't worry, dear." He would say as he moved to sit down on the floor next to her, a laying his arm across her shoulders and pulling her in close against his side. "That's just how children are, you need to ignore it and stay strong. In fact...I wouldn't be surprised that they're just jealous of you. Smartest girl in the school, years beyond their educational level...they just want to point out your weakness because they can't compete with your strengths." He would say as he leaned in, kissing her softly on the forehead. "You just keep your chin up and continue doing your best. Remember, no matter how hard you stumble, fall, or fail, I'll always be proud of you. You'll always be my little engel." He would say as he looked down at her, smiling sincerely.

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The adorable girl begins to blush heavily as her father begins to console her about what was happening to her at school. The man was a wonderful father, always putting his daughter first even when there was important research to be done. To say she lived a great life would be an understatement. At least, to her, she lived the perfect life. Others on the outside looking in might think she was being used by her father. Due to the makeup of her body, she was easily experimented upon and this was used to the fullest of extent sometimes. Iori never did anything that could kill Chizuru, but even then, If there was a risk of death, Chizuru would have volunteered herself for it anyway. That was just how much trust she had for her father.

“Thank you, daddy.” She says finally, trying to hide the fact that she was blushing by holding her hands up to her cheeks. “You always know just what to say to make me feel better.”

Chizuru leans her head against Iori and just enjoys the moment, not needing to say anything for a while. It was always best to let her feelings be known by him, he never judged her, only educated her and tried to make her feel better. Suddenly she’d break the silence

“I can hear your heart beat.”

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The room would become quiet once more as he held his daughter close, a hand moving to gently run through her hair. Finally the silence would be broken as she spoke up, the man chuckling at her words. "It beats for you." He would respond as he looked down at her, his smile full of fondness for the girl. "When you died it stopped cold...and I didn't think it would ever beat again. Now...now it beats harder than ever." He would whisper as he gave her a squeeze, a hand gently holding her head against his chest. "I live only for you, Chizuru. My pride and joy, my reason for living..." his words would trail off as he realized how sentimental he was getting, going silent for a few moments before speaking up once more. "...I think we've done enough research for tonight, don't you think?" He would ask as he looked down at her with a smile.

Yen
ASP
Deaths
“Oh daddy! Listen to you. I know how much I mean to you…and I hope you know I feel the same way about you. You’ve given life to me. Twice now, really. I can never thank you enough for that. Not only that, but you used parts of mommy to give me life the second time. She will always be a part of me because of that. What more could I ever ask for? You’re the greatest father in the world!”

Chizuru giggles cutely and then rises up to her full unimpressive height and dusts off her dress. After hearing that they had done enough research for the time being she was ready to head back up stairs and maybe find out what her aunt had been up to this entire time. That or get some ice cream and eat it with her father. Maybe both.

“I suppose we’ve done enough research but only if that means it’s time for ice cream!”

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back