Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Return to Duty [Requesting Raikage/Main Branch Sennin]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hameru Ren

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The Torre Celeste stood tall and proud, it's black spire scratching the clouds high above. How the constructors had ever managed to haul such a chunk of onyx-like material from the mountain range was beyond Natsu, but he appreciated their efforts nonetheless. It truly was a sight to behold, the construction rivaled only by the Bibliotheca Conscientiae and the Colosseum. It was exactly how he remembered it when he had departed on his mission all those years ago. Imposing, perhaps even intimidating, and befitting of housing Kumogakure's most powerful. Yet Natsu was not here to admire the scenery today. Where he had accepted his mission three years earlier, he now was ready to deliver his report and return to active duty. At least, if everything went as planned. Walking up the steps towards the finely decorated doors, he once more ran over his report in his mind.

Sent off to Raiden's Eye, capital city to the Lightning Country, the boy had held a close eye over the dealings in and around the city. His mantle had been that of a student, a young and eager mind, ready to expand his knowledge at the finest institute of the land. The mission served mostly as a means to get more forces into the capital in case the unrest of Prince Shiro's murder, which had been growing for the last 5 years prior to the mission, escalated into Raiden no Me. However, thanks to the city's special status as capital, no such incidents had happened. What had been quite a buzz were the most recent developments, the most prominent of which being the resurfacing of Prince Shiro. With his studies completed, Natsu figured it high time to return to Kumogakure and more active duty.

It had taken some time to receive approval for his return and traveling back to the hidden village. But here he was, at the entrance of the Torre, ready to officially return as a Shinobi of Kumogakure. Marching straight up to the receptionist's desk, he clarified his visit. "Good day, my name is Do Natsu. I don't have an official appointment, but I was told that either the Raikage or the Main Branch Sennin had been expecting me to turn in a report today." The Chuunin received a blank stare from the man in front of him. Is it my clothing? The boy wondered, giving himself a quick look-over. He wore a white blouse over a pair of jeans and sneakers, nothing out of the ordinary, was it? His headband had been fashioned into a belt, clearly displayed to mark him as a Shinobi. That wouldn't warrant such reaction either however.

His attention returned to the clerk as the man finally spoke. "Well then mister.. Donut. You'll have to excuse my disbelief at such a request. However, unless you can present me with an official document proving your appointment, I'm afraid you'll have to leave." Natsu barely managed to prevent letting out an annoyed grunt. Of course, his name. People everyone seemed to find it odd, both in Kumogakure as Raiden no Ume. If only they'd pay enough attention to the pronunciation they would be able to differentiate a member of the Do family from the delicious pastry. Reaching into his pocket, he took out a small parchment. Showing the receptionist the approval of his return and instructions for his report, signed by the Hachidaime, he was instructed to await his turn in the hall. He just hoped the Raikage or the Sennin would not make the same mistake as this receptionist.

[OoC: This takes place before the attack on the Torre as described here.]

Shu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Re: Return to Duty [Requesting Raikage]

The door creaked over showing the Raikage. He was dressed in his normal attire. The well-fitted cloak that wrapped around his body like a large medical robe. However, the designs painted on his cloak were enticing but simple. On the rim of the cloak were balloon shaped clouds colored in dark gray and on the back were two wide slips that showed Shin's coated legs. He wore simple black pants that most shinobi of at least jounin rank wore and on his feet were wooden sandals. His face was covered nearly up to the brim of his nose only show the dark forest green glasses that perched on the brim of his nose. He walked over toward the young man that sat patiently for him. He was wearing a simple civilian clothing as if he was reporting to a ball. If it were not for the forehead protector on his belt Shin might have confused him for somebody else. Granted, it seem that such attire were the staple to most shin obi who were off duty. In retrospect, as a young boy he always had a didactic response about how shinobi should separate themselves from civilians even to the point of dressing like them.

"Thank you, Hitomi for alerting me." Shin said speaking through his hidden headset. She remained silent possibly occupied by another associate on her headset. Hitomi had come along way from being his receptionist at Aurora Eruditio. Currently, she was head of communications at the towers orchestrating many teams such as the courier division. Everyday she would be filling paperwork or solving a dispute between disgruntled workers. Shin had feared that the stress would get to her suggesting that she should take a break. However, the woman could be rather stubborn at times or perhaps it is her dedication to repay Shin for saving her and her family from a demonic invasion so many years ago. Of course, she never would admit that to him as she knew he would not be pleased with her trying to seek his approval. Shin just wanted her to be happy like he does with all the people of Kumogakure.

She lifted a hand of greeting as he introduced himself. "Good afternoon, Do Natsu-san, I hear you have a report for me." Shin said.

Hameru Ren

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Sitting in the reception hall, Natsu patiently awaited the Raikage's arrival. The receptionist he had spoken to had tapped into his headset a minute ago and ever since returned to his crossword puzzle. The Chuunin didn't doubt the fact that it would be a lot of work arranging the time schedule in a place such as this, so he could only assume the man had informed a superior of his that Natsu had arrived. Looking around with nothing to do, the boy spotted a stack of brochures. Picking up one of them and reading it through, he noticed that they handled the various classes offered in the Aurora Eruditio. One in particular attracted his attention. A class on disaster protocols could never hurt. Pocketing the brochure, he noticed a door opening and an imposing man walking out.

Natsu quickly sat up straight, tugging his shirt right. The man carried himself with a certain aura of confidence and charisma. As the man introduced himself, Natsu stood up. Making a formal bow for the man, Natsu wondered if that was the proper procedure. After all, the man seemed to utilize less of a formal attitude and more an amical one instead. Not wanting to look like a total moron however, Natsu figured it'd be best to complete the bow. "Indeed I do, Raikage-sama." He responded, grabbing the scroll which had been placed at his waist, kept in position by the makeshift belt, and handed it over. "All information regarding the mission is recorded here. I do have some questions regarding my return to duty and pursuing.. an advanced linguistic course. If you have time to spare, that is?"

Shu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
"I see." Shin said as he unraveled the contents of the parchment. It only took a few moments before he wrapped it up and resealing it. "Please come into my office." Shin said as he pointed toward the illuminated corridor at the far side. As they entered the room they could smell the overbearing smell of brewed leaves ranging from mint to green leaves. It had the similar scent after venturing into a garden in the rural terrains of lightning country. The scene was homely compared to the bare surroundings of the rest of the towers. His office was surrounding by flushed book shelves that wrapped around like a tight ring. The material plastered on the floor was pronounced giving of the appearance of elegant wood to hard ceramic. At the far back was his desk that spread horizontally perhaps around eight feet in length. Behind the desk were two empty red sofa chairs, Shin offered a seat before sitting down behind his desk. On the side of his desk was a white ceramic kettle that was still brewing steam like a stacked train.

"Would you like some tea before you begin explaining your interest." Shin said as he began pouring a cup for himself.

Hameru Ren

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Natsu released a small gasp of relief as the Raikage extended the offer to enter the man's office. He had been somewhat afraid of simply being dismissed after delivering the report. After all, a man with as much work as the Raikage couldn't be bothered with every little thing, could he? Then again, Natsu hadn't exactly clarified what he'd ask, so Shin had no way of knowing if it actually was a little thing. He probably assumes it is something important! After all, no one would be stupid enough to bother him with pointless things! - Hey! Are you claiming my questions are unimportant?! - I mostly meant you are unimportant, fool! - Calling me a fool makes you.. no, me a fool! 'Cause I am you, fool! - </I><I>Shut up, foo! .. Natsu realized he had been standing there, arguing with himself, in front of the Raikage. What the hell am I doing? Focus! The Chuunin reprimanded himself, before quickly stepping into the office. What a great start to this meeting. Fortunately, Shin paid it no attention. Or he hadn't noticed. Either way Natsu was glad that the man didn't raise concerns for his mental health. You're supposed to have been a child genius, you fool! Act like it! The boy grunted, trying to clear his head of such troublesome thoughts.

"No tea, thank you. I wouldn't say no to a cup of milk, however. If it isn't too much trouble that is." Natsu hadn't drank tea before. Or coffee for that matter. It had been rather tempting during the time spent at college but the thought of getting addicted to the caffeine had scared him off. Perhaps it was a little paranoid, but he didn't want to risk disliking the taste and offending the Raikage by not finishing his drink either. Clearing his throat, he turned the conversation to its original purpose. "To get straight to the first point, apologies if I'm too direct, I'd like to resume duty as quickly as possible. However, with my long-term absence, I was uncertain of any changes to the structure of the Main Branch. I had picked up some rumors of divisions being created, is this true? And how would I go about being assigned to one? For that matter, I am still eligible for my rank of Chuunin, correct? If the requirements have gone up in my absence, I'll gladly undertake a new exam if need be." But that wouldn't be necessary.. right?

[Word Count: 404]
[Marked for Training]
[OoC: Referring to these divisions, just to be clear: http://www.ninpocho.com/viewtopic.php?p=8520#p8520]

Shu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Shin nodded his head after hearing the young boy's request. His hand reached toward his side of his head as he tapped his eardrum. The two could hear quick burst of white noise erupted from the corners of his office. "Hitomi, could you bring me a carafe of milk, preferably whole milk." Shin said. The white voice was replaced to a calm famine voice. "Yes, Raikage-sama I will send someone in right away."

The mention of the main branch divisions reminded him of Souseki's absence as Sennin. It was his duty and obligation to organize the division in the branch. At least, the division that was still stable was foreign and internal affairs but how long that would last without any superintendent to guide them was unknown to Shin. Shin sighed as he clasped his hands together showing himself in pensive thought. After a moment he spoke, "Yes you are correct; however, we are still reallocating the division. You may be aware that Souseki is on leave so I have taken the liberty to put the responsiblity on myself. Currently, our internal and foreign affair division is the most active division in the main branch. I will be happy to introduce you to the leaders. In regards, to your Chunnin rank you may remain in it but if it suits you to go up a rank I would need to issue an exam. However, I am a bit confined with the political debacles between the daiyamo and the frequent terrorist attacks from missing nin. I may not be able to give your exam any time soon."

Hameru Ren

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Natsu nodded his head acknowledgingly as the Raikage mentioned the inactive Sennin. Rumors indeed had been buzzing around, though he hadn't actually believed them. The news that the Raikage had taken over the man's function however was news to him. Either he was an extremely dedicated man to take on two such high-end functions at once, or the functions demanded a lot less from a person than Natsu had imagined. No, the latter was unlikely. After all, the functions were most often given to the strongest Shinobi of the village. Besides, looking at the amount of previous Raikages who had divine powers, it was not unlikely the position in fact demanded a very large toll on the person's health. Either physically or mentally. At least he Shin didn't have to carry all responsibility by himself. The division leaders no doubt aid their Raikage to the best of their ability. Like every good Shinobi would.. Right?

What really made Natsu feel relieved however was the assurance he'd be able to retain the rank of Chunin. In fact, the Raikage even offered the opportunity of an exam. Not straight away, of course, political shimsham and whatnot. The fact that he actually made mention of it was enough to assure Natsu of his choice. It had not been a mistake to return to active duty. He'd make sure to make it the best decision of his life, in fact! "Both offers are beyond what I dare ask of you, Raikage-sama. However, I would be a fool to decline such an opportunity. I'd very much appreciate the chance to meet the Division heads. The exam too, is a wonderful prospect. I will not rush you however. I don't want to disturb the current political chaos even further. Whenever you see fit." A fine response. Maybe you aren't such a fool after all! Don't waver now though. You still have another request!

Just as he was about to bring up his next point, a servant entered with the carafe. Thanking both the Raikage as the servant for the hospitality, Natsu quickly poured some in a cup and took a sip. The excitement of the recent announcements had left his mouth a bit dry. "Excuse me if I seem to be in a hurry, but if you don't have any objections I'd like to elaborate on my second request, Raikage-sama?" The Chunin asked, placing his cup back on the desk. In case there'd be no objection, Natsu continued. "Before I went on the mission, I studied our ancient language.." Natsu paused for a moment. The next part would be confidential information, not allowed to spread to people outside of the village. And though the chance of there being foreign spies in the Raikage's office seemed slim, the Chunin rather would not take the chance.

"Έχω μάθει το χυδαίο παραλλαγή. Ωστόσο, δάσκαλός μου ανέφερε επίσης ένα παλαιότερο, πιο εκλεπτυσμένη μορφή της γλώσσας. Κλασσική αρχαία Kumogakurian, αν η μνήμη μου με απατά. Εγώ was ελπίζοντας να σας θα μπορούσε να με διαφωτίσει σχετικά με την ύπαρξή του είναι, ίσως να μου πει πού να βρει έναν εκπαιδευτή; Αν είμαι δικαιούται να μάθω αυτήν τη γλώσσα στην πρώτη θέση, δηλαδή." Natsu concluded, his eyed filled with burning curiosity and hope. He had learned many things in the capital, yet learning a language was something completely different. Especially one with such a rich and ancient history behind it. He only could hope he would be given the right to study it, that it would not be restricted to the Sennin rank and higher or. Only one man could decide on his future linguistic studies at this point however. Would the coffee-drinking, high-responsibility Raikage let Natsu study? Or was the boy convicted to a life of burning curiosity and the inability to talk smack about someone without them realizing it?

[OoC: Translation sent via PM to avoid translation confusion. So much secrets, oh my!]

Shu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Shin thanked the young woman who left as quickly as she arrived. Natsu took a few moments to enjoy his beverage before his voice was filled with the sound of a distant ancient language. Shin grinned as he placed his cup down. His words flowed smoothing like rain slipping down against a slick green leaf. It was soothing to hear such words coming from the people of Kumogakure who more focus on combat rather than culture

As a young boy, Shin always acquired literature from architecture to ancient mathematics. He never believed shinobi should be limited to mere combat but to expound ones minds granted great power. At least, these were the same words whispered to him by his father years ago. He remembered sitting down on the wooden floor in his room swarmed with many parchments traversing through each one for hours. The days would go by him and his mother would always force him to go outside. Of course, his father would disagree saying that books were the only things he needed. Naturally, his mother was the one to win the debate -- a woman's word never came out void. Alas, his memories and his father were the only things that he had left of his parents, at least what he was aware of.

"Συναρπαστικές. Για μένα να ακούω τέτοια λόγια από ισχυρές κορυφές chunin ένα ενδιαφέρον μου. Ωστόσο, είμαι περίεργος να μάθω γιατί θα θέλατε να μιλήσετε σε ένα υψηλότερο διάλεκτο. Είστε δεν γνωρίζουν ότι εκεί είναι άλλες χρήσεις ένα αρχαίο Kumo και όχι αιτιώδης λόγο." Shin responded calmly.

[Translation sent via PM]

Hameru Ren

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The blush of pride Natsu had felt as the Raikage praised him quickly was replaced by a more thoughtful look. The question the Raikage asked him in the ancient language of Kumogakure had been playing on his mind for quite some time as well. Why did he pursue the knowledge? Even the Vulgar variant was spoken by only a few, the Classic variant was bound to be even more of an exception. Should he confess all of his reasons? Or would the man in front of him not care for such a personal story, much more wondering how the boy would apply the newfound language? Shin seemed to be a man of the people. He had welcomed him into the office, allowed him to explain his requests and seemed to be interested enough to ask for more elaboration. It'd be a gamble, but Natsu figured he had little to hide. Perhaps he could even appeal to the man's emotional side by his story, perhaps they shared a common point of history.

"Υπάρχουν πολλοί λόγοι, Raikage-sama. Προσωπικά πιστεύω ότι η γνώση μείνει απλός δεν εξυπηρετεί κανένα σκοπό, και θα χαθεί για εκείνους που έρχονται μετά. Και χάνεται η γνώση είναι ένα τραγικό πράγμα. Επιπλέον, η γλώσσα που ενσαρκώνει την πόλη μας, τον πολιτισμό μας. Πώς μπορώ πραγματικά να είναι πιστός σε αυτό, αν έχω κρατήσει τα στραβά μάτια στις παραδόσεις του. Τέλος, ελπίζω κάποια μέρα να καταλάβετε το αληθινό νόημα της Αρχαίας Kumogakurian. Και πιστεύω ότι η κλασική παραλλαγή έχει την απάντηση. Τέλος, υπάρχει ένα .. προσωπικά κίνητρα. Υποσχέθηκα ο πατέρας μου όταν θα είναι σε θέση να είναι περήφανος για μένα. Πέθανε πριν θα μπορούσα να εκπληρώσω αυτή την υπόσχεση, αλλά ελπίζω ότι με την εκμάθηση όσο μπορώ, αποδίδουν σύμφωνα με το καλύτερο των δυνατοτήτων μου, Raiden θα περάσει αυτές τις πληροφορίες σε αυτόν, ώστε να μπορεί να αναπαυθεί εν ειρήνη."

It had been corny perhaps, but Natsu had meant every word of it. He had not twisted any words or feelings to appeal to the Raikage in a more personal fashion, save for perhaps a more difficult vocabulary. If he wanted to prove he was ready to tackle the challenge of learning the Classic variant he also had to show he more than controlled the Vulgar one. Now all he could do was hope that the man in front of him would be willing to grant him the permission to study the ancient scrolls and so he waited with a hopeful look on his face for the answer.

[OoC: Translation has been PMed.]

Shu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Shin clasped his fingers together moving his hands toward himself. He contemplated on the words that came from the boy. He made some valid points and how could Shin could deny an honorary request from a father. There were very few people in the village who actually attempted to grow in the literary arts. So why did Shin feel that frivolously giving him privileges to an ancient language was a dangerous idea. The boy did not fully comprehend the weight that would brought to him once he understood classical kumo. Would it be better if Shin were to wait until that day came. Perhaps, the boy was not going to use the dialect at all.

Shin sighed. "I do not wish to deny your request, Do Natsu-san. I fear that you do not fully comprehend what you are asking. Do you understand the responsibility and risks that are involved". Shin revering back to the normal basic tongue.

[Apologies for the late response]

Hameru Ren

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Natsu was taken aback by the Raikage's response. The man had been in thought for a moment, mulling over his words most likely, yet now countered by questioning Natsu's knowledge about the language. Not in the manner Natsu had expected. He had an extensive control over the Vulgar variant, yet zero to none regarding it's big brother. That was one of the main reasons he was requesting permission to study it after all. So then how was he expected to answer this question? Clearly the Raikage found the language just as dangerous as the various librarians he had tried to get information from. Ever since his tutor Hameru Takai had mentioned the mysterious existence of it, even speaking a single word in the Classic tongue, he had been looking around for more. But all he had found had been traces, mere mentions of its existence.

"I will honestly admit, Raikage-sama, that I quite probably do not. After all, none of the texts I have found which mentioned that form of Ancient Kumogakurian held more than cryptic references to it. I understand that it is a hidden, perhaps even sacred part of our culture. I also understand that I by no means am allowed to divulge any information about it to foreigners, not even to unauthorized personnel." Even though that's how I have learnt about it. Natsu couldn't help but add mentally. "I understand that I may be target of.. dangerous figures who are after this knowledge. So I would say that I am risking my life and more importantly the culture and secrets of our village."

It was a scary conclusion. The mere thought that a language would hold such power was almost impossible to fathom. Yet it would explain why it was so scarcely found in the numerous book available at the Bibliotheca Conscientiae. And it would explain the concern, possibly even fear of the Raikage to grant him this permission. Natsu was determined though. "However, I am prepare to carry that burden. After all, I am a Shinobi of Kumogakure and sworn to your service, Raikage-sama. For me, this means the Village will always come before my own life. And thus I will also defend its culture and secrets to my death." Such a noble sense of service, but would it be enough for the Raikage? Had he even come close to the true meaning of the question? Natsu awaited the response of his leader with a determined look on his face, but only time would tell.

Shu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
"Perhaps you do understand." Shin said as he released he separated his fingers. Do Natsu crafted his words carefully making sure each word supported each other. He was certain that the knowledge that he would obtain would not abused even if he tempted beyond his control. Shin sighed. It could not be helped. This was not much he could say to sway the boy's mind. He was determined. Shin began to reach out under his desk scurrying around the stacks of papers. He raised his head up and presented a large parchment with estranged text that look very similar to ancient kumo. "I want to point out that even though I am the Raikage. Your service is not to me but this country, the village and the people around you. In fact, I would say that I am in service to you by making you be a better shinobi." He lifted one of his fingers in the air as it began to glow caustically white like a hot blow torch. He pressed the burning finger onto the paper etching a circular emblem. The sound of the seal printing on the paper was like the sound of hot metal cooling in ice water. He rolled up the parchment and handed the gift to the Do Natsu. "Would you agree?"

Hameru Ren

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Natsu let out an audible sigh of relief as the Raikage acknowledged his answer. He had not been mistaken in the meaning of the question after all and his words seemingly had sufficiently conveyed his determination. As the Chunin reached for his cup of milk, the man in front of him reached under his desk, looking for something it appeared, before presenting a large piece of parchment. Curious, Natsu eyed the parchment but was distracted by the words of his Raikage. A twofold question, once more testing his moral values and his political view of Kumogakure. The first seemed merely a matter of misinterpretation. Natsu served the Raikage, who embodied the Village and its people. As long as Natsu harbored loyalty towards the man in front of him, that loyalty would extend itself to all of Kumogakure. And if the next Raikage proved to be worthy of his position, though by the will of Raiden there wouldn't be a new one for quite a while still, his loyalty would once more be placed in the care of his leader. That was how Natsu viewed the role of the Raikage.

So by stating that Natsu did not serve Shin, but that the roles were reversed, the Chunin found himself in doubt. He had always assumed that he as a Shinobi was a tool to be used at the Raikage's whim. And if he served well, he would be recognized for his actions. And if he was effective enough, perhaps one day he could rise to the rank of Sennin, possibly even Raikage. Even then still he would be in charge of using his resources, his tools, as effectively as possible. So with that goal in mind, would he truly be able to offer his services to another? Did a person with such power not have to take abstraction from individuals to utilize them as profitable as possible? Instead, it seemed as if Shin regarded his role of Raikage to increase the effectiveness of the tools individually by not only using them to their full utility, but improving their capabilities as well. And finally, did Natsu agree? Could he agree to a concept so new to him, so easily?

“Although I owe you an answer to that question, Raikage-sama, I don't know that I can answer it yet. You see, I have come to regard it my role to facilitate yours. To be used in your service in the most efficient manner, which would yield the most profitable advantages to Kumogakure and the Lightning Country. So to change my view on the subject so radically, even though one does not necessarily exclude the other, I need time. I cannot truly agree yet, but to say I disagree would be jumping to conclusions. I’ll think about this, and perhaps someday I can answer the question as it should be answered. Perhaps I may even find the answer during my studies of the Classical tongue.” Finally placing his now empty cup back on the desk, he accepted the parchment from Shin and rose to his feet. “I thank you for your time, Raikage-sama, and for the many thoughts. I look forward to the future, as well as my Jonin exam. I hope to see you again soon.” With a final bow, and if there would be no objections from Shin, Natsu made his way out of the office with a satisfied, if somewhat pensive look on his face, heading straight to the library. No time to waste!

[Topic Left unless Stopped]
[OoC: Thank you Shin! ;3]

Shu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Natsu's response was natural. He had vacillated on the issue not knowing if he should take Shin's words by faith or to debase it as foolishness. Either way, the young boy gave his due respects speaking out on his concerns before venerating his raikage with a slight bow. He received the parchment handed to him by Shin before preceding toward the door. Shin's nodded his head. Eventually, the office was near silent accept the sounds of footsteps walking by his door. Suddenly, the sound of white noise leaped into his ear as a small voice spoke to him. Shin nodded his head. "I will be on my way." Shin said as he began to leave his office.

[Leaving Topic...]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back