Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Reunions and Recriminations [Invitation Only]

Okibi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Okibi laid her head back and closed her eyes, enjoying the sound of Tama's voice. He drowned out the voices, something for which she was immensely grateful. She felt incredibly tired all of the sudden, but forced herself to stay conscious so she could spend just a little while longer with her friend. He said he tried to find her, like Sousuke did, and although a small part of her wanted to lay blame for none of them succeeding, knowing that they tried - that they cared enough to look - was slowly killing off that bitterness.

Okibi looked at Tama again, wishing she could somehow show her gratitude. She wanted to smile, but her lips would not move according to her wishes.

"Maybe someone heard your promise Tami. I dont think I could have gotten away on my own." She said softly, her eyelids fluttering with fatigue. "I'm going to . . . hold you to that . . . promise." Slowly her words faded out and her head lolled to the side tiredly. Within moments, Okibi was out like a light.

She would have to remember to apologize to Sousuke later. Certainly he'd tried as hard as Tama did to find her, and she had been unfair, laying all the blame on him. She only hoped he would forgive her for being so cruel.

She couldnt stand to lose any more of her family.

(I feel like this thread has run its course for me so Im gonna exit here - sort of. xD You guys go ahead and continue!)
[Topic Left - Sort of]

Toraono Michino

Mayor of Flavortown
Staff member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
Of course you will,<i></i>” Tama spoke softly under his breath as exhaustion took her and a tear from his eye fell down on the sheets of the bed. He curled his arms around his head at her side and just gently wept until he too simply fell asleep from exhaustion.

About an hour later the hand of a nurse brought him back to consciousness with a start. He looked up at the older woman who had a stern but concerned look on her face as she stared down into Tama’s red-rimmed eyes. Not a word needed to be said between the two as he looked down at Okibi’s sleeping form one last time. He stood up from her bedside and stretched a little trying to work out the sudden stiffness in his muscles. His head turned to each side to pop the neck supporting it and he slowly turned away and walked out of the tent. The air odd freshness of the air hit him again and he breathed it in deeply to find it opening up his mind again.

There were things to do and some research he needed to go and complete before she would wake up again. He would keep his promise to her, but there was a few things he wanted to be completed before spending his full attention to helping her recover.

Gathering the chakra in his feet he vanished away as he broke down his body with the seikon chakra and moved seamlessly through the tents towards his home.

[Topic Left]

Takahashi Aki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
The Steward blinked three times before nodded his head accepting that what Uri said was in fact a joke. The Steward was once again coughing again and couldn't reply. Shade on the other hand had a very good idea of what Sousuke was going to say since he noticed a slight twitch when Uri called him Sousukkun. That twitch is slightly normal. He doesn't overly like nicknames... but he also realizes that he cannot do anything to stop their onslaught.</I><i></i> The Shade spoke. By this time Shade had noted that Yume was fearful of his presence. Fear not child. I am not Death, I am not here to take away your Steward. Such allies. Such caring allies. It is unfortunate you were not friends with him in his childhood.<i></i> Just as Shade finished, Uri was poking at his form. His hand passed through the form While chilly on the outside, the inside of the Shade was very different, it was remarkably warm. Shade of course ignored the poking. He wouldn't give rise to the inquisitive human. Yes. The Bouldamites are good people. Most Earthern beings are for the most part. Never incur the wrath of one. Where do you go when the earth becomes angry?

Sousuke tried to answer Yume's questions. His mouth opened and shut a few times, but nothing came out. <I>Sousuke ... mmm ... how best do I put this. Deadline is a territory out on the surface. There is something about it, something mysterious. Granted there is a giant stone monolith out there with a perfectly slashed out portion in the middle of it, but something out there causes most of his metal magicks and metal sorcery to fail. Natural magicks and sorcery still works. Sousuke made the mistake of crossing the deadline and went unconscious for a good time. Luckily he was received by Bouldamites who ... healed him as I mentioned earlier. If he was not received, I fear ... he may not be here with us today.<i></i> When asked if he wanted the procedure explained, Sousuke nodded his head but he made motions with his hands to suggest that she explain the process while she worked.

The Shade was doing quite well at ignoring Uri until he spoke of who or what he is. I am many things. Things there were. Things that are. Sometimes I am things yet unseen, or have yet come to pass. I am something that should not be forgotten. Part of a whole I am, like your Steward. I was unlocked by your Steward. As he is Guardian Protectorate of the Realm, it is my job to protect him from the greatest of harm.<i></i> The Shade lowered his head. I have recently failed to protect your Lord Steward. For that I am ashamed.<i></i>

Sagasu Yume

Yen
ASP
Deaths
She listened to the shade as one would listen to an elder. It seemed that this mysterious creature knew Sousuke rather well and was able to comment on his habits better than most people in the village who had known him for his entire life. Her teeth would bite her lower lip into her mouth and stifle a giggle when Uri called Sousuke by a moniker. His eye twitched when he heard the name but it was hard to discern whether that was from the coughing fit or an adverse reaction to being called something other than his proper name.

Her interest was piqued as The Shade spoke of the Bouldamites and Deadline. Having never left the confines of the city aside from her occasional trips to Soon’s Haven, she was completely unaware of such places and peoples. Of course there were tribes through out the country of people who were not shinobi, some civilized and others not so much. Yume took a mental note of the names and decided that she might benefit from doing some research on them the next time she was in the Grand Hall. Sorcery? Magicks? He must be referring to shinobis abilities to manipulate chakra and perform jutsus. But that wasn’t magic, was it? Not like the stories that her father had brought from Rain country about princesses with long hair and mice that turned into horses. The Shades answer to Uri’s question was rather convoluted and vague but at Sousuke’s prompting she would limit her comments to one and then proceed to explain the procedure.

You failed no one. Our Steward is here, alive and well. Had you failed, he would have been returned to us in a shroud or lost to the dunes forever.

As for the procedure, the method is simple but it sounds rather difficult to perform. I read about it in the medical archives but the last person on record to successfully attempt it was a sennin circa 30 years ago.

The sand in your lungs is slowly lacerating the alveoli. The irritation is furthered by your coughing and your lungs are gradually filling up with blood. The best way to remove the nuisance silica would be to fill each lung one at a time with water and pull the grains out while the liquid protects your flesh from further damage. During this process your breathing will be assisted as the autonomic functions of your brain will be limited to controlling your heartbeat. I can either immobilize you or sedate you for this procedure, which ever is your preference.

Uri, how good are you with moving wind? My proficiency lies with water but I will require assistance with his breathing. If you can’t help there are machines available that can help.

Uri

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Showing a discomfort towards terms of endearment, a sign often reserved for those who considered themselves close. Ironically, Uri hadn't ever had the physical contact with Sousuke like he was now and he was learning a great deal in only a few minutes passing. Despite his attention on the shade in the room, he tend take a moment to stand and address the steward's discomfort, "I suppose after all of these years of written letter, it's different hearing it in person, huh?"<i></i> Uri nodded, offered a small apologetic shrug and smiled, "But it's what friends do. It shows a level of care and concern, and while this isn't the normally flimsy piece of paper I'm sure we're both accustomed too, it doesn't make you any less the person who I thought so highly off over this past decade."<i></i>

After speaking that Uri had the realization that Sousuke was probably the closest thing to a best friend he had ever had in his lifetime. All of those years of exchanging letters and talking about creation and forging had formed a bond. While they were still complete strangers in person, there was a level of familiarity and trust that was hung there. Then Shade continued speaking in the most vague of ways. A level of mysticism stuck to his words and probably didn't really help provide an answer to Yume, "Magicks is a loose term. When we're not working to keep our good buddy here alive, I'll explain it a bit more later."<i></i> The world they currently lived in was composed of a great many mysteries, but they could all be explained on numerous levels as long as one wasn't too close-minded. Even somewhere in Uri's mind he was sure he could explain Shade's existence as well.

Giving another glance to the dark figure, Uri raised an eyebrow at his explanation, "Cryptic are we? Otherworldly things are always so bad at explaining stuff."<i></i> Before Uri could ask more question, Yume pulled his attention to her and the steward as she started on explaining the procedure. A procedure he was quite familiar with as it was the exact same one used on him quite a long time ago. Perhaps they were responsible for those writings or too studied in Sunagakure.

"I am quite capable, Yume-chan. Just tell me what I have to do."<i></i> Lacing his fingers together, stretching his palms forward, the scarred seals on display, he cracked his knuckles, "I am your tool, guide me~"<i></i> The lines etched into his skin had slight spots of energy tracing their length, showing signs of life, the very life that would be used to help sustain Sousuke in the coming procedure.

Takahashi Aki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
I Think sedating him would be for the best.<i></i> The Shade remarked as he listened to the procedure's description. The entity's gaze shifted over to Sousuke and the Shade read something that could not be easily seen. Yes. Proceed with a sedative.<i></i> Sousuke would relax back onto the bed and remained still. His gaze would shift over to Uri and then to Yume. Sousuke would merely nod his head. He is most grateful for your aid, the both of you.<i></i> Another pause would follow as the two of them listened to Yume's explanation of what was going on. Shade's chains rustled. I am not envious of you humans, you systems are most complicated, and even more fragile.<i></i>

The Arkayne has changed greatly, Magicks is a more modern term, but some of you are now getting the concept mixed up with ninjutsu which has some aspects, but ... it requires theatricality.<i></i> The Shade would listen to Tama speak about how he was being cryptic. The last time when an otherworldly being explained something thoroughly to a human, that human had unlocked potential that I will not speak. It then took several humans and other worldly entities to put down that human because of the sheer power difference. That and ... words are always open to interpretation. I cannot be faulted if you misinterpreted my words because the meaning of words have changed.<i></i> Before Uri and the Shade could have more words, and have at each other the discussion died down as Yume requested some assistance in helping Sousuke.

Sagasu Yume

Yen
ASP
Deaths
With a nod and a bow, the young med-nin would exit the tent as the Shade would continue his discourse on magicks. She would make her way down to the storage facilities and gather the required components required to assist her in the procedure. Carefully she would place a bag of saline and IV kit to keep the Steward hydrated on a rectangular tray. Next to it she would place a syringe containing a dose of anaesthetic. She would then take a small box from a cabinet which contained bandages, gauze, antiseptic wipes, sterile gloves and mask, along with other such items that could be of use. The last thing she would grab would be his file that contained any previous medical information. The procedure played over and over in her mind. It came from a book that she had read multiple times but never thought she would have the opportunity to actually perform it. Most shinobi preferred to live with the discomfort of the resulting scar tissue rather than allow a skilled practitioner fill their lungs with water. Sweeping from the tent, Yume would make her way back along the passage between the make-shift structures, careful not to trip on her fox and his new tail.

I don’t understand. Why, Yume? Why won’t it go away?

Maybe he likes you. Some foxes are into that.

THAT’S NOT FUNNY!

The conversation took all of 5 seconds to complete as her companion hurried on in an attempt to make the other fox go away. He would try everything from running around a wall quickly, hoping that the animal would run head long into it and being dismayed when he would glance back and see that it had dodged the wall just as he had; A perfect mirror. He didn’t want to stray too far from Yume but he was starting to run out of places to try and hide. Taking a turn, CuRua would B-line for the exit and race as fast as he could towards the market districts. Perhaps he could lose the confounded creature amongst the stalls.

Yume simply watched with a bemused grin and a shake of her head before she re-entered the tent. The game of cat and mouse appeared harmless enough besides, she knew that CuRua could use to relax a little. He was always so uptight about everything. She would set the tray down and proceed to set up the IV, hanging the bag of solution on a hook beside the bed and draping the tube over her shoulder to keep it from dragging on the ground. Slipping on gloves with a snap, she would check both his forearms, select his non-dominant arm and sterilize it with an alcohol swab before wrapping a tourniquet around his bicep and inserting the IV needle.

Sousuke-san, I’m going to sedate you shortly. During the procedure you may regain consciousness for brief periods. Do not panic as I will have you immobilized as well so that Uri can control your breathing. If at any time you wish for this procedure to stop, blink deliberately three times. You will have full ocular control.

Uri, I will be paralyzing his breathing before the procedure starts so you will have to do this for him from the moment I do. I will then turn Sousuke onto one side and then the other. I will be cleaning the lung closest to the bed and I will need you to feed oxygen only to the lung that will be facing up during this. Am I clear?

Taking a deep breath, Yume would let it out slowly with a small smile as she squeezed her friend’s hand to reassure him if he had any doubts. The gesture could be seen as unprofessional but she did care for the Steward and wished no ill upon him. The selflessness that lead to this predicament spoke volumes to his character and she only hoped that the procedure would go well and that she wouldn't have to explain herself to her superiors or the rest of the Takahashi family. Taking up the sedative she would inject it into the IV and release the drip, allowing the fluid to wash out the excess and ensure that he received the whole amount. Humming a little, it was as if she were singing him to sleep while she removed the gloves and stretched out her fingers and loosened up her neck with a roll of her head. Clicking the button on her headset she would alert the security force that she would need a detail at her tent and absolute silence.

I will be performing an immensely private and delicate procedure. Ensure that no one disturbs us. Thank you.

The sound of guards shuffling into place allowed the Mednin to relax a little as she propped the Stewards mouth open with a brace that a dentist normally would use. Turning Sousuke on his side, she places a steel bowl on a stand that comes to the edge of the bed before placing two acupuncture needles into his spine at the base of his skull. His breathing would stop and Uri need to keep his breathing going manually in order to keep him from slipping into a coma. Closing her eyes she would meditate and as she breathed, water would form in droplets in the air and collect into a half litre worth of liquid. Thinning it into a stream, she would open her eyes and nod to Uri, indicating that she was ready to start. As the water would push forward, his breathing would appear to be lopsided since air would only fill one lung while fluid, under her direction, would fill the other. It was slow and tedious but the water would make its trip back and forth, depositing granules of sand into the bowl as it would cycle back for another trip. When the liquid would return with almost no foreign objects she would co-ordinate with Uri to turn their friend over and repeat the process on the other side.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back