Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Revenge! [Tutor]

Tatsuo

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Tatsuo was wearing his black ninja gear, a black jumpsuit with a konoha symbol on the arm, he had a headband with no insignia covering his nose and mouth. His brows were squinted hard as he watched the movement in the Red Oak district, waiting for Shinobu to arrive at where he finally figured was his home. After his betrayal Tatsuo began this mission to extract revenge from him. He felt betrayed by his very existence and while Tatsuo was a forgiving man there were somethings that did not make sense to him and he could not shake off. This was one of them. He spent many days following Shinobu home at a distance until he confirmed he lived in a tent in an old abandoned warehouse. Odd place to live, Tatsuo thought but someone who was capable of the things he was it didn't surprise him too much. One night Tatsuo stayed late spying on him, he had lied to his parents saying he was going to sleep over at Akira's house to blame his absence. He cautiously waited until he noticed the lights go off in the old manufacturing building, he rushed inside slipping through the old sheet metal door quietly, doing his best to not make a peep. Once he was upon the tent he would quickly open up the front yelling "Traitor!!!"

Shinobu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Shinobu jogged slowly through the streets and allies of the Red Oak District with a familiar gait. As he neared the old abandoned manufacturing plant that he had called home for the past several weeks he stopped very briefly to check his peripherals. "Seems like he has decided to be a bit more bold today." Reaching out with his Sensor ability Shinobu could blindly point to familiar chakra signatures with very little effort and had been sensing Tatsuo stalking him for the last several days. "You have put this off too long, all because of what a coward you are, now a child has to force your hand. Well at least it is a child that is actually worthy of the name Ranna."

Slipping inside Shinobu went about his evening training by protein loading on pork ribs smothered in Iron Vein poison. Licking the last bits of spicy poison laden sauce off of his fingers he took a deep breath. After extinguishing the lights in the building he crawled slowly into his tent and waited. It was not long before the familiar chakra signature made its way into the building and then to the tent. As the flap jerked open he heard the young student yell. "Traitor!"

Barely moving Shinobu adjusted his position in the tent just slightly and started at the fabric wall of his home as he responded to the understandably upset Tatsuo. "So I guess you finally figured out who I am. I am not surprised, you're a smart kid, it was only a matter of time. I .... I just... just leave me alone kid, I am not that person anymore. He died in the civil war along with his friends and teachers, now I am just Shinobu. Let me sleep" Turning even further to the side the older Ranna cousin buried his face in the rolled bundle of burlap he used as a pillow, more to hide the shame on his face than anything.

Tatsuo

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Tatsuo's face went from angry to confused, he didn't have a single idea what Shinobu was talking about. He shook his head, before retrieving the popcorn coupon from his pocket. "I thought we were going to get caramel popcorn, I don't have any idea what you're talking about. But I wanted caramel popcorn, this says I can only get regular popcorn, and regular popcorn is no good so I need to be paid back, and the only way you can pay me back is by training me since you obviously aren't doing too well." he says looking around the tent in which the man lived in. "Kinda odd that you live in a tent, do you need a home?" he would say the less rash parts of him appearing. "I mean, no I am mad at you. I was expecting caramel popcorn, not regular popcorn, who would do all that work for regular free popcorn? Not Ranna, Tatsuo, that's who."

Tatsuo seemed incredibly innocent and oblivious to the world around him. He had no idea about the real truth behind Shinobu he just felt ultimately betrayed by the lack of caramel popcorn on his coupon.

Shinobu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Sitting up suddenly from his sleeping bag Shinobus eyes shot open like shiny white plates. "What? Oh I but.... What?" Reaching up to scratch his head he listened to the kid rattle on about his caramel popcorn. After a moment he realized the kid didn't know anything about their connection and started to chuckle a bit. "Oh man, this kid is serious about his popcorn, I shouldn't be surprised Rannas do like their food." He continued to chuckle at the spirit the young Tatsuo had until the boy demanded to be trained, suddenly Shinobu choked on his own laugh.

Hopping out of his sleeping bag with his dirty clothes still on Shinobu forced his way out of the tent trying to push the kid out as well. "Hey now kid, I understand you're upset, caramel popcorn can get the best of anyone's sensibilities. But the class flyer did say no specialty popcorn. You did a fair days work and got a quite generous reward for it." As he spoke Shinobu walked over to an old workbench and pulled out some old dented pieces of metal. "Man I hope I don't regret this, he is going to find out one way or another, at least this will give me a chance to get to know him before he hates me." Turning from the bench he swiftly bundled the metal pieces together with a small string and walked to the large cargo doors at the other end of the building while motioning for Tatsuo to follow. "But as far as the training goes, all you had to do was ask. But, be careful what you wish for. If you really want to train with me all I need from you is a promise to always train your hardest and always respect Konoha. If you can agree to that then climb up there." Reaching over to the wall Shinobu flipped a large breaker and pointed up to the ceiling. The buildings main lights buzzed to life to reveal a lattice work of support beams and crane tracks suspended from the ceiling. No surface up there was more than ten inches wide and they all stood fifty feet above piles of sharp and dangerous debris.

Tatsuo

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Tatsuo furrowed his brows and shook his head. "Nah, it definitely said caramel popcorn, I was cheated. Either w-" he would look around in a mixture of hesitation and excitement. "I mean, why would I train if I wasn't going to train hard? Unless maybe I wasn't feeling well that day, or like I had something to do later so I didn't want to get all smelly so I didn't smell for the rest of the day or if like what if I had to train very easily because if not I would die because someone said if I trained too hard that day they would kill me, all of those are really good reasons to not train really hard so I can't promise to always train as hard as possible but if you mean when I am training with you then yeah unless you tell me to not train hard then yeah i'll always train hard." he said catching his breath after his long drawn out monologue making sure to materialize every one of his thoughts. He walked over to Shinobu, rubbing a hand behind his head neck. "I mean, this course doesn't even look that hard. Looks more sharp." he said smirking at his own bad pun. Tatsuo was generally excited to train, especially with Shinobu. Even if he was kind of weird and thought his name was Kanna he seemed like a good guy, at least for an old man.

Shinobu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Rolling his eyes Shinobu listened to the kid drone on and it reminded him why he didn't like academy students. "Sheeze, this kid can talk, what have I gotten myself into?" Reaching up with his right hand Shinobu scratched at his messy beard. "Well training as hard as you can means even when you are sick or have other stuff going on. Not wanting to smell bad isn't an excuse when other people are depending on you. A good shinobi will always be training, even when they are doing other things. Now do you want me to train you or not, get on up there to the rafters before I change my mind." Shaking his head in disbelief Shinobu pulled out one of the small pieces of scrap metal and tossed it with a light hand up into the rafters. With a graceful arc the chunk of metal landed perfectly on a small beam fifty feet up. Reaching into the debris he pulled out a small pale and set it upright on the floor near them. "Go get that for me and throw it down here into the bucket."

Tatsuo

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Tatsuo watched the metal chunk land perfectly on the rafter. He furrowed his brow, not seeing how this training would be useful. However he was not one to protest, so he began his trek up the thin rafters. At first moving slowly and surely to get a feel of the course, the drop didn't look fun, nor did the plethora of sharp objects at the bottom. Quickly stepping from rafter to rafter, quite agile for his age. Soon Tatsuo became cocky, playing around a bit too much in the rafters. He made his way to the rafter with the metal piece on it, but slipped as he jumped towards it. His hand was holding onto the ledge as he struggled to pull himself. He didn't want to fail, especially his first time so he continued to struggle as much as he could to pull himself. Normally he would ask for help in a situation like this but he felt like his pride would be too hurt to ask so he was quiet and focused on pulling himself up.

Roll: 8/20

Shinobu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Watching from the floor Shinobu eyed the students form and skill as he climbed up toward the roof. "Huh, I forget how young he is, good form, agile, but obviously untrained, this is going to be more work than I thought." Giving a careful eye to the kid Shinobu found a seat on the floor where he could lean back and get a better view of the celling and his student. Once the boy started getting a bit cocky Shinobu spoke up and called out to him. "Hey now, don't get over confident. Watch your step, focus on each step, feel it hit the beam before you actually make the step.... Whoap! Uh oh, what are you going to do now Tatsuo?" Looking up he saw the kid hanging from the beam and struggling to lift himself back up. Sitting up from his comfortable position Shinobu tried to help him out without intervening. "Alright Tatsuo-san, time for your first lesson. That lesson is, you are more capable than you think! You were accepted into the Academy because your body has the ability to manipulate chakra. Its engrained into your genetics, your tenketsu and chakra gates are part of you. Chakra is just energy, an energy you are able to control and manipulate with training and sheer willpower. I want you to imagine that energy flowing through your body right now. Feel it coursing through every inch of your bones muscles and skin, now take a deep breath and imagine that energy filling your arms and hands as you try to pull yourself up again." Looking up at the kid he held his breath in anticipation of him either making it back up or falling to his most certain injury.

Tatsuo

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Tatsuo calmed down from the obvious threat of falling, he began to relax and focus the chakra from his core. He slowly pulled himself up the rafter. He took a moment to look back down and glance at the sharp objects below, he then waved to Shinobu in thanks. "Thank you, I dunno what I woulda done without your advice." he said taking a deep breath, before reaching down and taking the chunk of metal in his hands and skillfully throwing it into the bucket. With a wide grin he went to sit down, dangling his feet awaiting further instruction. He began to think about what type of trainings Shinobu did, he was only a Chuunin but he seemed pretty powerful. That elemental summoning jutsu was pretty cool, he remembered and he also knew fire jutsu. He then began to wonder about what other abilities or secrets Shinobu had. After his short bout of day dreaming he shouted up from the rafters. "What's next?" Tatsuo hoped this training would make him stronger, unlike most he didn't want to become stronger to defeat some giant enemy, or save the village, or anything of the sort. He just felt like it was the natural purpose of him being a shinobi, he was a shinobi to get stronger and that was the gist of it. At his current level of maturity the whole thought of heroism, right or wrong, or any other abstract idea which swayed them was lost on him. He enjoyed being a kid and felt cool when he did jutsu and that was the end of it.

Shinobu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Looking up at the kid Shinobu got a surge of pride as he pulled himself back up to the beams. Smiling he called out, "Haha! I knew you had it in you. Good shot hitting the bucket too. Hey now don't start sitting down on the job, we are just getting started." Reaching to his stack of small metal scraps he took another one out and tossed it up on top of a beam on the other side of the building from where Tatsuo sat. "There ya go, get that other one now." Watching he would wait until Tatsuo started moving across the beams before chunking another scrap onto a beam a good distance from his current target. "Oops, looks like the tasks are starting to stack up, don't let me get too many up there at a time. Keep moving there you go. Imagine that energy inside you again, this time focus on seeing it energize your legs and feet. Let it give you speed and accuracy with your jumps."

Calling out to the student Shinobu would continue to give pointers on his form and strategy for the next hour or so. Once he felt the kid was getting a more sure footing and confidence amongst the beams he would take things to the next level. "Very good Tatsuo-san, you are learning fast. But I think you are ready for something a little more complicated. Pay attention closely and try to remember." Standing up as he spoke Shinobu would pull out six pieces of scrap metal and in less than a few seconds throw all of them up onto the beams where they were spread out. Moving toward the center of the room he began to make handseals, as he finished his Jutsu a sliver of fog would appear in the air above him, a sliver that began to grow and twist itself toward the beams at the ceiling. In a matter of seconds the entire roof was shrouded in a dense fog that made it difficult to see more than a few feet in any direction. "I wanna hear all six pieces hit the bucket within the next minute." Closing his eyes in the fog Shinobu would reach out with his Sensor ability to track the kids movements.

Tatsuo

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Tatsuo began to feel the results of his training with Shinobu. His breathes were labored and his legs were burning but he had no intention slowing down, instead he was filled with an incredible vigor to continue his training. It's not like he wasn't used to this level activity he spent an incredible amount of time outside exploring, but if he needed to take a break it was his own accord to do so. Shinobu offered no such oppritunity, he was going to train hard, not only just for Shinobu but he felt a rising sense of accomplishment with each objective. Tatsuo readied himself as Shinobu asked for his attention, taking note of the metal plates locations, before Shinobu could attempt a handseal Tatsuo was already pouncing on the nearest one in a wild attempt to do it as quickly as possible.

Shinobu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Shinobu was shocked at how quickly the kid moved, before the fog had completely engulfed the celling Tatsuo was on the move. "Wow, I think he has improved in just these few short hours. Lets see how he handles an unexpected change to his plans though." Smiling up at the academy student Shinobu waited until the fog had significantly reduced the visibility in the rafters before leaping up to the celling himself. Staying as stealthy as possible he moved across the underside of the beams by using concentrated chakra on his feet. Keeping Tatsuos position constantly in his mind using his Sensor ability Shinobu moved swiftly to three of the six metal pieces and picked them up silently to move them to different beams. He passed by Tatsuo several times in the fog and hoped the kid didn't notice his movement.
Rolls were made, you may have thought they were for your jumping and throwing, but no, they are awareness checks to see if you notice me or can find the moved pieces in time.

Stealth Value = (.6 Stat Average) + (.4 Agility)
Awareness Value = (.5 Stat Average) + (.3 Genjutsu) + (.2 Chakra Control)
Secondary Calculations can be found HERE

Shinobu Stealth = +12 [(419 Stat Avg x 0.6)+(390 x 0.4)= 407]
Tatsuo Awareness = +2 [(33.3 Stat Avg x 0.5)+(10x0.3)+(30x0.2)= 28.something]
The Fog gives a -3 to Awareness checks.... so tatsuo is rolling at a total of -1 right now on awareness. Checks are DC 5 to spot the first three metal chunks, then three rolls against Shinobus Stealth, then three more awareness checks DC 10 to try and find any missing ones you didn't catch Shinobu moving.

Roll 18 for a total 17 - 1st Metal Piece Completed
Roll 9 for a total 8 - 2nd Metal Piece Completed
Roll 18 for a total 17 - 3rd Metal Piece Completed

First Stealth Roll off
Shinobu 1 for a 13
Tatsuo 1 for a 0 - Shinobu sneaks by
Second Roll off
Shinobu 2 for a 14
Tatsuo 10 for a 9 - Shinobu sneaks by
Third Roll off
Shinobu 2 for a 14
Tatsuo 11 for a 10 - Shinobu sneaks by

Last set of awareness checks to see if you can find the pieces in time.
20 for a 19 - 4th Metal Piece Completed
20 for a 19 - 5th Metal Piece Completed
6 for a 5 - Missed

Total of 5 Metal Pieces completed in 1 Min.
Didn't get them all but a dang fine job.

Tatsuo

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Within moments Tatsuo noticed something was afoot. While he couldn't confirm Shinobu was moving the metal plates around, he was the only other person in the warehouse. With a snort he continued trying to get all of the plates, getting them in the bucket quickly. Tatsuo continued maneuvering through the mist filled room attempting to break one minute, however he was not able to, the time it took to also relocate the new metal plate after Shinobu's trickery was too much for him. His perception, and more importantly, his agility was not quick enough. As the last metal piece clanked in the bucket, Tatsuo hopped down. "C'mon! I would've gotten it had you not tricked me!"

Shinobu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Listening for the metal scraps to hit the bucket Shinobu called out at the one minute mark after only five of the targets had hit. "Time! Chuckling in the heavy fog at the kids complaint he leaped down from the rafters and released his Hidden Mist jutsu. "Oh yeah, feel cheated? Well that's lesson number two for you. Always expect the unexpected! You can go into your missions and battles with all the preparation and planning possible, but surprises will always be waiting for you. You need to be able to think on your feet and the only way to get good at that is to train with others who can surprise and deceive you. You did much better than I expected Tatsuo-san, I am very glad you asked me to train you. If you like I can show you some jutsus you might not have learned at the academy yet, and you are welcome to train with me here whenever you have free time in the future." Nodding and smiling at the student Shinobu would work with him the rest of the evening. Teaching him the basics of the Cancel jutsu by contentiously casting clone, then showing him the Sinkhole fist jutsu using debris around the building as targets.

[Topic Left]
[Total Thread WC=1911]

Tatsuo

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Tatsuo snorted his head, he understood that life wasn't fair, but he should expect fairness from his fellow leaf ninja. Alas Tatsuo had little time to question the morality of Shinobu's actions, because the older ninja had him working once more. Tatsuo was glad to be praised by him, it was good to hear some praise. When he offered to teach him some new jutsu he grinned, nodding happily. "New Jutsu? Of course!" Tatsuo happily got ready to learn some new techinques, while he was pretty strong he had a limited arsenal in regards to techniques but the techniques Shinobu offered to teach him were very good ones. Sinkhole fist seemed pretty awesome to him, however he couldn't get the earth portion of the Jutsu to work, his taijutsu seemed to be on point though. He quickly got a grasp of cancel however, luckily Shinobu didn't elect to test any genjutsu on him to check however. By the end of it Tatsuo felt like he had gained a lot from the experience. To Tatsuo, the popcorn didn't matter anymore.

[Topic Left]

WC: 1520

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back