Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Roar of a Cub [Open]

Hajimeru Jinmei

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The day was an average day of sorts, Jinmei's family did their own things, earned their coin for the day but dare not beg for money; a virtue, as they call it, that they instilled into the young boy from a early age. To beg was to announce oneself as broken, helpless and needy. They did not want their little lion to become such a human, who would receive the coin of someone else, to get comfortable with the bare minimum. They shielded Jinmei from a lot of things, one such 'thing' would be the desperateness of their lifestyle. A family of beggars and homeless, trying to raise a child to uphold virtues and dignity - it seemed to be like quite the fairytale, wouldn't you say?

It had only been a few days since Jinmei had heard of the news that he had been accepted into the academy of Iwa. A place where he would often watch children bounce off to, to train their skills and hone the killer instincts that made shinobi so fierce. However, that wasn't the reason why this little cub wanted to become a shinobi, oh no, he wanted to become a shinobi to protect the defenceless. The people that were forgotten, the lives that were pushed to the gutter and ignored due to their status. Jinmei faced this horrid attitude that people festered towards him and his family, although he did not quite understand why they would hold such values against him and his seemingly innocent family.

He was innocent, untouched by the cruelty of the world, and had not yet fully realised his status in this world was branded onto his forehead by the people who barely hold a status themselves. Although such was life, to be judged and to judge. It was a miracle that this young cub had not been so twisted by the horrid stares, the disgusted snares and the unpleasant sniggers from strangers as he watched his adoptive parents wander the streets in search of spare scraps that they could call dinner, but not for themselves, for Jinmei.

Despite being raised a place looked down upon by those living the ghetto, Jinmei did not seem bothered by his surroundings. He enjoyed his life, he loved his family and appreciated whatever he was given. The blump dumpling scurried along the streets, ragged from head to toe, pretending to be a shinobi with his arms firmly placed by his side; slightly positioned in a way that made him look more aerodynamic. But fatigue would set in and the cub would come to a sweaty, unpleasant halt. He would bend over, hand on his knees, and after a few moments of rest bite with a sweaty face would look up at the people around him. They all seemed so busy buying, selling and conversing.

Jinmei wiped his face, hands dirtied already by his bed, face smeared with God only knows what - "Phew, I'm thirsty..." He would say, not hoping for any act of kindness, but just some chance to quench his thirst from a crystal clear source of water. Jinmei looked quite the thing, stumpy and small, rounded wall a slight chub of fat, dirtied and ragged - who would offer their assistance or curiosity towards such a peculiar sight?

Satsuki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
"Wow you're kinda dirty," said the girl snarkily.

She eyed the boy, contemplating if he was her age. She thinks he's her age, but why is he smaller than her? She overheard him about being thirsty. Funny, she was thirsty as well and was on her way to get some juice. She had been walking behind the boy as he ran towards whoever knows and for some reason she caught on. She continued eyeing him, she felt a bit anxious. It was like she felt something familiar but at the same time, something odd. She remembered what her grandmother said about niceties and all that jazz. Narrowed eyes an all, the small girl shrugged,

"I'm gonna get some juice, wanna come?" Satsuki asked randomly.

She didn't have the feeling of being prejudiced standing near this kid, nor why would he? Even kids that had their parents tell them to avoid her still were curious enough to talk to her at one point. Maybe this kid is different? Or maybe not, her offer still hangs in the air as she waited.

Hajimeru Jinmei

Yen
ASP
Deaths
A sharp comment rolled off a stranger's tongue, but in comparison to the things he had heard before; it was pleasant. The grubby faced boy would turn around to face the young girl, who towered over him. She was clean, well dressed and not so polite given her initial comment. Jinmei just looked at the girl, emptily for a few moments, before tilting his head and creasing his skin to form a sincere, and innocent, smile. He raised his hand and offered it for an official welcome, a greeting offered to the masses over the centuries; a hand shake. Although Jinmei's hands were sweaty, they were laced in dirt and his nails were probably worse. The cub didn't really take notice of her comment, even though most would probably give her a scolding look - if the receiver of the comment wasn't someone who was called every name under the sun. Jinmei had been called every name under the sun and was taught to bare no ills against those you do not know, for people should not be judged or judge others.

Whether or not the girl accepted the hand shake was up to her, it would nice if she did, but you never know. It was at that point that the strange girl offered for Jinmei to come with him and get something to drink. This type of suggestion didn't even catch the boy off-guard, he just nodded his head and continued to smile - lowered his hand and placed it by his side. "Juice? Oh, yeah, that would be nice." He would wipe his hands against his ragged shirt, the sweaty beads made for an uncomfortable lubricant.

It was up to the girl from here on in to decide where to go for this mysterious juice. "Oh," Jinmei sparked up, "I'm Jinmei. It's rude not to tell a nice person your name." He continued to smile fragrantly.

Satsuki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
"Oh, a handshake. That's kinda new," mentioned the girl, extending her hand to shake the boy's hand. Satsuki remembered that you needed to grasp the other person's hand firmly to show respect. Something that one day, she hoped, people would give her. But what the boy said struck her, at least in a not-so-negative way.

"Nice person ei? If you've been around, like I think you were but there're tons of no-so-nice people here in this village.
" commented Satsuki.

It was true, given her eight short years of existence, the last two were arguably hell on earth. But at least there are the occasional nice people. Was she one of them? Well, she's trying to be but given her reputation and what she's doing so far it was still a long ways ahead.

"Anyway, c'mon! There's this small store that sells really good juice. It's so hot today and I just got back from a Student Mission," the girl said, pointing at her face and gesturing at her forearms full of scratch marks from that annoying cat she had to catch. "..there's a lot to choose from, c'mon before I change my mind," the girl added while snickering softly.

Satsuki started walking towards the store with the notion that this boy Jinmei would follow. Good karma, she was thinking. Good karma. Treating a parched stranger with juice might come in handy down the road.

Hajimeru Jinmei

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The young girl accepted the handshake, embraced it even, with a tight grasp. Jinmei was taught by his many fathers that mutual respect from one person to another was shown by the pleasantries of a handshake. While beggars, sewer rats and poverty-stricken Jinmei and his family learned to become more wholesome people. The Hajimeru family, as they called themselves, had lost everything at one point; each with a story that destroyed their lives and allowed them to escape a cruel fate, to live on the street where they could learn to love life. Jinmei arrived and they truly became a family, multiple mothers and fathers, who educated the boy on a host of things - teaching him to value life and those around him. For should the day come when he condemned someone else, the way he and his family had been constantly condemned, then he would become something lesser and ugly.

The stranger commented on how no-so-nice people existed in the village, a fact that he knew all too well, but did the young girl immediately cast him down for his appearance? No, which is why Jinmei seen a little light in her eyes that meant she wasn't so conceded and corrupt by the average joe that walked the street, frowning and glaring at the people in rags. "Yeah, people can be kinda rude, but I was taught that they are just unhappy." He would inwardly giggle, thinking upon the faces of those unhappy, disgruntled people. Eventually, he drifted off into a day dream...

'C'mon', she said with a leading voice causing the boy to snap out of his daydream and dotingly follow this girl. Jinmei's family often gave him the best they could when it came to things like food and what have you. He wasn't fussy about what he was given or what he could receive from his money-deprived family. They loved him and that was enough. Jinmei inched along with the girl, hiking up his ragged shorts as they walked along the sun-beaten road. "You're an Academy Student?" He would ask, his tiny stumps working at overtime to keep up with the girl. "I'm going to be one too... I'm kinda nervous though..."
<i></i>

Satsuki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
"Oh really? That's good. Yup, I am. Don't be nervous though, it's just studying. I'm the one who actually needs to be nervous given the status I have, or should I say, the people gave me." chuckled the girl.

Satsuki continued to walk, she turned her head slightly to look behind and saw the boy catch up to him. There was something odd about him. At a very young age he seemed to be worn off, or maybe those are just his clothes. She contemplated about what he said about people being unhappy. Are they unhappy? So, they want to spread unhappiness to other people? This was going overboard inside the little miss's head.

"So, if mean people are unhappy. Why do you think they share it?" the girl said, air-quoting the share it part. She wanted to know what Jinmei thought, he seemed oddly enough, honest. He sounded like it, he looked the part. She figured quite enough that the boy was a street urchin. It didn't matter to her to be honest, any person who walks up to her or talks to her nicely are up for approval. This boy was no exception.

After a couple more corners she managed to reach the shop. Thinking about what the boy said actually helped her be distracted from the usual gazes and voices that she hears around that haunts her. Not that of dead people, but of the living.

Hajimeru Jinmei

Yen
ASP
Deaths
"Your status?" Jinmei paraphrased, lifting one brow and lowering it after a moment. He wondered what the young, nameless, girl meant by that but did not delve deeper into what could be a troublesome story - for her. Everyday, any day, all day the cub was faced with the emotions and social norms that came with a life above sea level. The life above the thin line that often drowned so many homeless was truly a privilege in disguise. Jinmei could emphasis and relate with people, an asset he valued more so than the concept of ninjutsu.

The girl would trail along with the cub in toe. He didn't really know where he was going, in truth, so he was really at the mercy of this young stranger. It may be a reasonable assumption to say that Jinmei was perhaps a little naive to the world around him, despite facing its hardships that would break many. "I was told that angry people are like boiling pots..." He would smile, looking down at the ground, then lifting his head as he strode beside his strange companion. "If we let them get too hot, they'll bubble and boil over; they could hurt someone so you should let them stare, let them say whatever it is they have to say - mostly nasty things - because..." Jinmei would fall silent as he drifted off to the teachings of one of his fathers of the homeless Hajimeru clan. "People like us are strong enough to take it. We've got marshmallow bodies, hehe!"

Jinmei would grab the flab of his belly, glazed over with a thin layer of ragged material, and pull the flab outwards. "We can take it."

A few more steps, a few more corners and the glorious refreshment bar was insight. It was a sweet little place that looked quite welcoming, warm colours littered the walls as it became more apparent that this shop looked... expensive. Jinmei would stop before stepping any further, he would nod his head and smile innocently, "You go on in, I won't be allowed in."
<i></i>

Satsuki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The girl stared at Jinmei discreetly as he said those words. Satsuki was sort of impressed and curious about the boy even more. She felt that for his age, like her, he's been through a lot, even ignoring his obvious social stature or what's little of it. The girl felt something she probably has never felt before and she couldn't understand it at the moment. It was respect. She would find out as time passes, that at this precise moment, she has developed at least a bit of respect for the boy.

"It's Satsuki." the girl said, pointing out her name. She also noted that the boy thought he wouldn't be allowed to get in the store because of what he looked like.
"Oh, by the way... You're coming in with me," the girl brushed her hair with her hands nonchalantly as it seemed.

Satsuki opened the door as the wind chimes on it rang annoyingly with the store keeper greeting her pretentiously. Before he could even mention about the boy if he so decided to come in with her, she cut him off, teeth grinding mildly.

"The kid's with me. If you don't want me throwing goat poop at your front again, you won't say anything." warned the girl, eyes sharply narrowed.
The girl casually walked towards the freezer where the juice were housed, crouching as she went over the different kinds of juice, choosing a flavor while picking on her scratched arm, "I'll take... I'll take the blueberry. What do you want Jinmei?" asked the girl while still panning through the numerous flavors.

Hajimeru Jinmei

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Satsuki.

Jinmei smiled at the revelation of his companion's name, it was a name didn't roll off the tongue very well for him. Although that didn't matter really. The cub just stood motionless as he fully expected the girl to, perhaps not second-guess his words, but just walk into the shop without really any sign of protest. Although she did not, in fact, it was made quite clear that they were going in together. It was already too late to tell her otherwise, which immediately made him think of his mothers and her uncanny resemblance to them; stubbornness. It was probably a trait that most women, fierce women, had ingrained into their very essence - after all, they had to ensure that the men in their lives didn't screw up completely.

As they entered the cooly conditioned threshold, Jinmei clasped his hand over his mouth in shock. He hadn't ever insulted someone, even if they were as vile as a person could possibly be. He quickly approached the young girl, as she bent down to grab a bottle of whatever delight she fancied, and whispered into her ear; one hand covering the sight of his lips. "Where are you going to find poop?" He would question her, oddly intrigued and humoured by what was said. Jinmei was tickled by the notion of poop being flung against someone's face, despite it being quite a nasty thing to do.

"I really shouldn't..." He would state, his eyes being dazzled by the rainbows of liquids encased in plastic bottles. Jinmei was afraid to admit it, he had never had a fruity, sporty drink that most fashioned like a new handbag, a new game or something materialistic. The simple life was enough for him, it really was, he was in a inverted way unspoiled in a very dirty world that he lived in. "Can I have a water?" He would smile at his fr- companion, aflutter a little by her brashness, but yet her instinctive kindness.
<i></i>

Satsuki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The girl chuckled about Jinmei's question, her face turned into the usual mischievous tone it was in whenever she made people "suffer". Her eye narrowed, not the kind where she was suspicious or annoyed, but the one when she's planning some deed that would be heard from the other side of the village for days. She slowly turned her head to the boy, narrowed eyes, sly smile, and darkened forehead in tow,

"Well... You do know that there are farms on the outskirts right? right?" the girl snickered, doubling the bottle of juice she wanted. She was amused by the boy's innocence. Though she felt they were kind of the same, they were still very different, at least at how they tackle things maybe.

Then Jinmei just wanted water. This irked her a little, but not so much as to bash the boy. It wouldn't be fun, no. She was trying to make friends and slowly gain respect from people.
"You're already here. Might as well get the juice you want, Jinmei. I can see the look on your eyes yano," The girl said as she stood up. She motioned that she already got hers. Time for the boy to choose his. Good thing she brought her small wallet with her.
"You're turn. And if you say water again, I'll give ya' poop~" the girl said, eyes wide open turning more impish and a bit scary. She hasn't been this playful for quite some time now. It was hard to find a friend or a playmate that didn't have parents or people telling them to stay away from her.

Hajimeru Jinmei

Yen
ASP
Deaths
This girl was quite lovely, a smidgen scary, but not in a bad way - at least, in a comically bad way. Satsuki didn't seem best pleased that Jinmei wanted a water, although he did not want to take something that was going to be more expensive; he had no coin to his name and would feel awkward if his newfound companion had to pay for it. But before he could even contemplate on the liquid, Satsuki addressed his concern on where to find some goat poop. The young cub raised his expression with an open mouth, followed up by a sharp "Ooooooh..."

Jinmei then would face a scorn known only to him by his mothers, again. The resurgence of Satsuki's similar attitude to his mothers would cause the boy to shiver with a comical expression. He fell into this state of comical panic due to the threat of poop and the looming orbs of blackness that pierced through him, ordering him to pick a drink that wasn't water. "Okay, uhm, I'll..." Nervously he picked up a bottle of bright red liquid, it's body shimmed with every motion. Jinmei didn't know what flavour it was, but the label had branded it; summer fruits. It would be a mixture of ingredients that he had never tried before. On his birthday, if his family could afford it, they were privy to a few selections of fresh foods such as fruit but this was not often.

The cub shakily stood beside his companion, clenching the bottle as they prepared to go towards the counter. It would be at that anxious moment that maybe Satsuki could sense a real, untying sense of fear that plagued his flabby body. Not too long ago, Jinmei wanted to play along with some other children - they accepted him, allowed him to play besides the remarks and jokes they prodded at him - after their playtime, the children went into a shop to buy some water or whatever it was. Jinmei didn't have any money, so he kinda stayed back in the shop, but the shop owner clocked the young cub and demanded that the 'rat' be thrown out; to which Jinmei was.

It was an embarrassing moment that would haunt him everyday.
<i></i>

Satsuki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
"Oh, that? Yeah, that tastes good." mentioned the girl randomly as they walked towards the counter. She looked over her shoulder to see the boy slightly nervous.

"Here old man, two of these and one of those." putting down the couple bottles she was holding and pointing at what Jinmei was holding.

She reached for her small wallet and took out a couple bills and a couple coins and slammed it in the counter. "..no need for a receipt, it's just a waste right mister?" the girl said, growling a little bit. She took the bottles again and opened one up, gestured to the boy that they were leaving the store as she drank.

She expected the boy to follow behind so they could find a decent place to hang around for a bit. She was in a way, methodical about this. She hadn't had the chance to really make friends before and this was actually the appropriate time to see if she could. She kept on drinking small increments, not trying to down the whole bottle in a go. It kind of felt good for her to have treated someone, maybe less fortunate than her maybe? She wasn't rich but she DID have some money to spare so why not right? She turned her head to see if the boy was behind her, she wanted to ask him if he knew any uncrowded place that they could hang out.

Hajimeru Jinmei

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Jinmei looked down at the bottle of red, diluted with fragrant pinks and sun kissed yellows. He smiled, liked his parched lips, and shook the bottle; watching its contents slurry up and down from top to bottom. He never payed any attention to the man behind the counter, or to what Satsuki had to say towards him, because his mouth and eyes were both fixated on drinking the bottle of forbidden juice. Well, it wasn't that bad but it wasn't often he would get the chance to enjoy himself like this. "Thank you..." He would say with a sincere smile, lifting his head as they left the establishment, refreshment in hand.

The cub would leave with Satsuki, a smile still creased into his pudgy face. He would then, before any words were spoken, ask Satsuki if she wanted to come to his house. "Do you want to come to my place?" He would imitate the words spoke by the children that he rarely played with, although the question was never asked to Jinmei but to the others. The cub didn't look right, he wasn't clean and he wasn't in their circle of friends - they left him to go to some castle of a home and play. It often would stab the boy like a knife would pierce skin. He didn't know what was wrong with him, why everyone was always so nasty to him.

But even after all the rudeness, the comments and the hurt - Jinmei refused to sulk about it. His family, the Hajimeru clan, were not sulkers. They took life by the horns and made something out of it. They had no money, no home, and only a small clearing in a dump to call their own but what did that matter if they were rude, materialistic and so wrapped up in the inner workings of a society that didn't really matter. The world was cold, calculating and cruel; it missed the love and affection that it once had.

"Only if you want to though," Jinmei would say, nervous to her reply, "I mean, it's fine if you want to not go there."

<i></i>

Satsuki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
"Hmmm..." pondered the girl. She hasn't had friends before and surely this is the first time someone invited him to go to their place, which was quite odd to be exact. "...is it near here?" the girl asked. She was a bit hesitant since she still has yet to get to know this boy. But a good gesture is a good gesture she thought. If something happens she could take care of herself anyway, the girl reassured herself. She has certain skills that she can use to get out of most situations, not that this seemed to be one of them.

She was about to wait for the boy to reply to her small query until she remembered that she needed to buy vegetables for tonight's stew that her grandma was going to cook and it's nearly supper time. The girl would be scolded yet again for skipping around town, but at least in this case, she met a new friend. Friend. A slightly new word to her vocabulary. "I just forgot-- I need to get some vegetables for my grandma. I'll see you next time, Jinmei. Really sorry but i hafta go" the girl said as she shakingly made her way towards the marketplace. Hopefully there are still fresh(?) veggies left.

[topic left]

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back