Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Rounds Of A Dire Emergency [Specialization Class]

Shinrya Kahako

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Kahako sat in the break room waiting for the trainee who signed up to follow her on her shift. She sipped on coffee that soothed her nerves and gave her the boost she would need for her long shift. Normally, MiTs would be able to make rounds on their own in the ER, but the scope of what cases they were given was limited. With a Medical Chief involved, however, trainees could take on the more... severe cases. Even without worry of lawsuits!

Finally, the young boy she had been waiting for slipped through the small opening of the door. “Ah, you must be Koji-kun,” Kahako said just before she finished her drink. “I believe you’re the one who requested to follow a superior today? I’m Shinrya Kahako, and I’ll be the chief of staff heading the rounds this shift. Know of anyone else joining? The ER can get pretty crazy, and the more hands the better.”

In two fluid motions, Kahako stood and threw away her empty cup. Just as she did, a nurse entered from the other side of the room. “Shinrya-san," the tall man said as he held a red clipboard up for her to see. “I’ve got a Hyuuga in room 3.” “Haaaai” Kahako said as she walked over to grab the paperwork. She started making clicking noises with her tongue as she read over her paperwork.

“Hmmm.. Takahara Mouji, age 17. Apparently he is having trouble with his Byakugan remaining active,” she said after the quick read. “I’ll handle the introductions and most of the communication with the patients today, but if you can correctly diagnose the patients then you can take over a couple as we move along. You good with that?”
[spoilername="OOC"]Medical Specialization for Bloodlines have begun! Any Mednin are welcome to join this 'class' to acquire any specializations one would think they could obtain in an ER setting. Just send me a PM, and I will get an instance set up for you! You don't have to follow Osu and I either. Just please remember the general requirements.

YOU CAN ENTER AT ANY TIME UNTIL KAHAKO LEAVES (THUS ENDING THE SHIFT)
<i>
</i>[/spoilername]

Osuteno

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The littlest of the MiTs made his way through the hospital in his bunny scrubs. Osu had found an opportunity to follow his Sensei's former student and daughter around for the day and was looking forward to meeting her. Honestly since he had been studying and working here for more than half a year it was rather odd he hadn't met her yet. Still, this was a good opportunity to learn.

Finishing a juice box as he walked into the breakroom, Osu spotted the woman who matched the description he had been given. She spotted him just as quickly and began introducing herself She seemed nice. "Greetings Shinrya-Sensei," he wondered if the name may have been odd with another "Shinrya-Sensei" around the hospital, though he was on familiar enough terms to call her Kitsune-Sensei. He wondered if Kahako had/has to deal a lot with Kitsune-Sensei's... eccentric projects. Maybe he would ask her about it someday. "I indeed requested to follow you around today, I thank you for your time and look forward to learning under you." Osu, as usual was using his best manners. "I am unaware of anyone else attending Sensei."

A nurse stepped into the room with the chart for a Hyuuga who apparently had trouble with his Byakugan. Listening to Kahako's instructions Osu respectfully replied, "Hai Sensei," and followed her, already trying to puzzle out exactly what was meant by the Hyuuga's having trouble with his Byakugan remaining active. He had always thought that particular bloodline required conscious effort to maintain as a sort of safety mechanism so the user wouldn't find themselves dying from using up all their chakra should they fall unconscious or something. Osu wondered if the chart was supposed to read that he had trouble maintaining the Byakugan. That at least he had heard of. Either way though, it could suggest a serious problem with the patient's chakra network.​

Shinrya Kahako

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Kahako’s eye twitched just slightly. It wasn’t in irritated twitch, more of a surprised reaction. To have someone call her what she called her mother for years was definitely… odd. Despite Kitsune’s flawless face, Kahako felt… older… at the thought of being called a teacher. “Not a problem, but… senpai, is fine.” She said with a wave of her hand as she walked out the door. “Even better in this setting. Not every patient takes kindly to trainee’s in the ER, even if they are just observing. The whole ‘I am not a test’ mindset.” Though in truth, Osu’s appearance gave his age away in a heartbeat. No way a kid this young already completed his training.

But ERE (Emergency Room Etiquette) aside, they soon approached the sectioned curtain containing their first patient. She quickly knocked on the pole that held the curtain rod, waiting for the verbal approval that they could enter.

A juvenile aged boy with long, dark hair sat awkwardly on the white gurney in the center of the space. Off to the side stood an older man. Their similar appearances showed this man was a relative. “Takahara Mouji-san, I am Doctor Shinrya, and this is my kouhai Koji Osuteno-san.” She said as she exchanged greetings. “And your must be his father?” She said shortly after. The older man just nodded, keeping oddly quiet on the entire situation.

“It says here that you are having problems deactivating your Byakugan,” Kahako said shortly after flipping her page up. “Can you describe your exact symptoms, and what happened that lead to this?” The Medical Chief walked over to the already waiting computer, ready to type out the symptoms as the boy explained them.

But there was a distinct pause before anyone said anything. Looking at the patient, one could easily tell the boy was extremely uncomfortable while his tried his best not to look at anyone with his Byakugan active. He glanced between Kahako and the young Osu before looking at the ground, miserable with his current situation.

It what at this moment a gruff snort came from his father in the corner. Looking at him, you could tell he seemed equally pissed about something as he was amused. “Go ahead, boy, tell the lady doctor and the young lad what happened today.” Takahara senior simply crossed his arms as he leaned back in his chair.

At this Mouji took a deep gulp. He face pale as he dealt with his slowly draining chakra and the embarrassment of his situation. “I overdosed...” he said in a nearly silent voice. Realising he may not have been heard, he rose his voice again. “I-I thought, if I took a double dose… I would get twice the effect.” The boy shifted again before becoming quiet.

His father finally sighed, pulling out a bottle, he handed it to Osu for inspection. “This is mine. My kid here just recently got a girlfriend for the first time, and wanted to take the next step.” At this Mouji bowed his head further into his chest. “He was having ‘complications’, and instead of asking someone about his situation, he decided it would be sufficient to sneak into his old man’s medical cabinet and steal a couple doses of Sildenafil.”

At this point, Kahako immediately changed screens to begin placing orders while the father continued, “And to top it off, instead of reading how to properly take medication, he skimmed the instructions, and wanted to take a double dose to see if it’d work any faster.”

Mouji finally decided that he didn’t want his father to continue the story any further. “My Byakugan activated after twenty minutes, and it… IT hurts… a lot.” He said as he shifted his posture again. “And neither have... calmed for nearly five hours.”

Kahako nodded as she turned to face the boy and his father. “I see, have you experienced any other symptoms? Upset stomach? Elevated heart rate?” she remained unbelievably calm as she place a stethoscope in her ears and listened to his heartbeat from her chest. “My heart is beating really fast,” Mouji said as he tried not to nudge away from her until she was done.

Kahako nodded. “What you are experiencing is a case of priapism easy to fix, but it can become very serious if left untreated.” Kahako smiled at the boy, “If it’s okay with you, I am going to have my colleague here administer the treatment. I went ahead and placed the order for it, so it should arrive shortly.” The boy nodded, visibly more comfortable with a boy handling his situation than an adult woman. “Good, we will be back shortly while we wait for the medicine.” Kahako said as she turned. It was Osu’s que to follow.

Once the curtain was closed, Kahako began updating the chart in her hand. “Now that you know what I have diagnosed him with, what would be your suggestion on treatment? Can you also tell me why his byakugan activated?” she asked in a low voice so the family inside could not hear. “Also, if you have a jutsu that can calm him, that will help the boy’s heart rate decrease immensely.”
[spoilername="OOC"]Edited for Grammar and this message to Osu:

Once you answer, go ahead an RP treating. Kahako will 'guide' you if you stray the wrong way.[/spoilername]

Osuteno

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Osu nodded at Kahako's request. He called his mentor Kitsune-Sensei but he understood that simply saying 'Shinrya-Sensei' might be confusing. And she was his senpai as they had the same teacher. The trainee thing... he knew perfectly well how varied people's reactions were to him treating them. Sure some were delighted by the "little bunny of a doctor" especially with some of the older patients, but many others and family members often requested an immediate change. He had no way of convincing people who refused to see his work and he just had to accept that for now.

As they entered the patient's area Osu gave a small polite bow as he was introduced and Kahako got to the matter at hand. The pause that followed her question of the cause might have as well been a fireworks display for how noticeable it was. As Takahara-San looked at him, Osu could see he was absolutely pitiful. Painfully so. It was as if he dreaded acknowledging something really, really shameful.

The father attempted to prod his son into admitting some fault, though drag might be the more appropriate word. Mouji became even more nervous somehow. At the word 'overdosed' Osu's eyebrows raised and began to go through a list of immediate worries and began listening a tad bit impatiently to learn exactly what the older boy had overdosed on... He thought that if he took a double dose of something he would get twice the effect? Twice the effect of what? Why did he even need twice the effect of something?

Finally the father answered Osu's unspoken question by handing him a prescription bottle. Oh... Well this was... Well. Now Osu was beginning to feel embarrassed for the other boy and unable to help himself began listening a bit closer to the other boy's blood flow though the symptoms that were explained already were making it very clear what needed to be done at least in case of the... erection.

He knew it was coming, but Osu had to hold back an awkward groan as Kahako-Senpai said he would be handling the treatment. Both varieties of priapism were actually very simple to fix, one of them simply was much more embarrassing and painful to treat than the other, and as his erection was painful it was obvious and unfortunate that Mouji-San had ischemic priapism.

Following Kahako-Senpai, Osu was prepared for the question he knew was coming. While this was technically urology, he was a bit familiar with what was happening do to running across it in his own interest of hemodynamics. Mimicking her quiet voice Osu began his answer. "As you said he is suffering from priapism, and from the pain he is feeling... in his... penis, it can be assured that it is ischemic priapism meaning the blood is flowing in, but not out. The resulting loss of circulation to the corpora cavernosa starves it of oxygen and causes a painful... erection." He wasn't sure to feel ashamed for pausing or proud that he only did it twice so far.

"Treatment... would be to inject a needle into the... the penis and draw the blood out directly." Raiden he was trying his best to speak professionally and not be so embarrassed to say penis, he was really trying! He couldn't stop the reddening of his face though... well he might have been able to if he let his mean Aunt Manane teach him about keeping his own blood flow in control, but her lessons were usually very painful when she even thought he was worth the time to teach being male and all.

"That is sometimes sufficient on its own, but often it is necessary to inject drugs to cut off the... penile blood flow. Rarely and hopefully not in this case, a surgical shunt," there was no stopping the wince from the very idea of it being male himself,"might be necessary, particularly since he doubled the dose. Though it should be avoided until it is for sure that the first treatment is insufficient."

Osu had to pause for a minute to think about the Byakugan though he was rather unsure. "It was my first time seeing the Byakugan up close, but I noticed that the veins were bulging significantly around the eyes. Would that suggest along with increased chakra flow to the eyes there is a greater strain for the blood to keep the oxygen flow sufficient? Is it some sort of ischemic optic strain where blood is flowing in and not out and as a Hyuuga his body naturally increased its chakra flow to the area activating the Byakugan? I admit I don't know the answer, but I hope my guess wasn't too far off mark." After another brief pause Osu said clearly just remembering,"To answer your last question I am trained in the use of the anesthetic infusion technique which may prove helpful in calming him."

After listening to Kahako's explanation and corrections and the delivery of the requested equipment Osu knocked on the curtain rod and set to work calmly explaining to Mouji what he was doing, infusing anesthetic chakra to calm him, and as painlessly as possible (a somewhat unfitting phrase in this case) set about putting needles in another boy's penis to remove the blood and stop the flow of blood. For almost an hour Osu went about the task giving small doses of the drug every few minutes and finishing up by using a saline solution to remove the remaining blood. Talk between any of the males present had been awkward and forced at best, not that the silent moments had been any less so. Osu normally had fantastic bedside manner, he had been described as therapeutic on a couple occasions just to have around, but he was struggling to make any of this less embarrassing for anyone.​

Shinrya Kahako

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Kahako smiled at the young student’s response before writing more notes on their patient’s clipboard. “Very astute, you have a pretty close answer, but not quite. Normally, a person’s blood flow does not affect their chakra systems unless their bodies are in a critical state. This, however, is not the case around the eyes.”

Kahako pointed to a part of her own eye. “His byakugan is reacting to the effect of ischemic priapism because his nervous system and blood circulatory system are in a state of distress. This is because of the way the human eye is constructed. For humans, photosensitive cells that catch the light and color of the world are closer to the brain. The parts that fuel and transmit the information these cells receive--blood vessels; nerve sensories; and-for those with ocular bloodlines-chakra channels--are arranged at the outer part of the eye.” Kahako moved her finger to a point off to the side of her eyeball. “As a result, there is a hole in the eye where all of these systems converge to connect to their various organs and centers. Simply put, his chakra system picked up on the internal problem because of this convergence. It is reaching out in an attempt to correct what is wrong. But his body doesn’t understand what is wrong, because the cause is from a medicine the body never processed before. This is dangerous for a Hyuuga-user, not only for his chakra system, but also for his sight. His nerves are constantly being grated against chakra channels. He'll destroy his eyesight if this continues much longer.”

Kahako sighed as she watched the medicine and tools approach. “This can happen to anyone with an optical bloodline, so we have to be especially careful with any medicine we give them that could affect the circulation of their blood. Treat him for the ischemic priapism, and his byakugan should deactivate shortly after we’re done. We’ll keep him for a few hours to ensure his eyes haven’t encountered any damage either.”

From here, Kahako allowed Osu to take control of the treatment. He didn’t ask very many questions, so she only supplied information through the curtain on the removal of blood flow. Fortunately for their patient (and Osu to a much greater extent), his father went into the waiting room and the jutsu made sure Mouji was blissfully unaware of Osuteno’s awkwardness during the hour long procedure.

When the bunny-nin finally came out from the entire ordeal he would notice that Kahako had grabbed a folding chair and was going over paperwork of lesser urgent patients that the registered nurses on duty had seen. She looked up at him and smiled sympathetically. “That was a bit of an intense patient. Do you want to keep going, or take a break? I've got some patient files you might be interest in reviewing.”
[spoilername="OOC"]Osuteno has achieved Novice level of Bloodline specialization (As do I! 8D) We can keep going for experienced if you would like. Let me know.[/spoilername]

Osuteno

Yen
ASP
Deaths
At least everyone else seemed blissfully unaware of how uncomfortable this situation was for him. When Osu finally finished fixing up his patient he held in his sigh until he was safely on the other side of the curtain. He tossed the garbage in the appropriate bins and looked towards Kahako who seemed to be fairly relaxed while doing paperwork. He could really go for some juice right then. Or something else sweet like dango.

As she questioned him on whether or not he was prepared for more, without pause he stated his desire to continue. "I would like to keep learning Kahako-Senpai." It wasn't often that he actually got the chance to work with a highly ranked doctor despite his Sensei being the former Sennin of the branch. In truth his time with Kitsune often had something to do with not so medical experiments. It was something he was actually really curious about and one reason he wanted Kahako in particular to teach him.

"Kahako-Senpai, this might sound odd, but you would likely understand far better than anyone, but you don't teach in anywhere near the same fashion as Kitsune-Sensei. You focus a lot more medicine and patients I mean, as well as include the use of jutsu in care giving. And you don't seem to blow things up. And..." He blushed as realized he was getting a bit off topic but again no one else as far as he knew would understand just what it was like learning under Kitsune. What he really wanted to ask was if Kitsune-Sensei did a lot of dangerous and unusual experiments when Kahako was her student and if there was some way to get her to think more about her own safety. Instead he straightened up and apologized, "I am sorry for getting off topic Kahako-Senpai, I am ready for my next patient."
Short post is short.

Shinrya Kahako

Yen
ASP
Deaths
She chuckled at his flustered state. So rumors were true about the ‘Bunny Doctor’ he could be downright adorable in almost every instance. Something that would be quite useful with their next patient. “Trust me, I save the ‘blowing up’ for when I’m not on duty,” she teased before handing him the clipboard with an overview of their next patient.

“But I must admit, I do understand how Mother’s experiments can… get out of hand.” The Mednin stood to move onward. “But I’ve come to believe teaching styles come from the type of professionals we see ourselves as.” Around the corner, they could hear their next patient long before they could see her.

The noise was far from what one would call a ‘scream.’ It was crossed between a banshee wail and a bestial growl. As they approached a family stood outside the curtain, Kahako could see one of the staff trying to convince the group to let him pass, but he was only being shoved further and further into a corner. From outside, Kahako could hear the barking and growling of their canine companions, equally as worked up from the commotion inside. Kahako had to sigh, putting a hand out for Osu to stop.

“Inuzuka… when a child of theirs is hurt, they seem to forget the rule ‘only two guests at a time.’” Kahako made a tsking noise before continuing. “The chart I handed you should get you to at least calm her down. That and your appearance should help immensely. I should be back to you by the time you assess her condition and we’ll go over a treatment together.”

Should Osu ask where Kahako was going, she would look at him with a slight feeling of pity. “I have to convince a family of Jounin level shinobi that you’re not going to kill their little girl. Take my distraction to slip into the room.” With that, Kahako turned and made her way to the Inuzuka Family.

Upon entering into the room, Osu would see a girl, clearly a few years younger than he, wailing on the hospital gurney. Her mother’s head whipped at the quiet sound of the curtain separator opening, and was quite confused as the MiT stepped through. “Who are you? I asked for a Medical Chief,” she said. The words came out scathing, but her could see the worry filled in her eyes are her child’s condition. Little scratches and bite marks littered the mother’s arms. “Kotoko-chan won’t even left me touch her. I need a doctor not another child!”

A soft growl came from the girls side. Her companion pup tucked into her side, and clearly spooked by what was going on. It glared a red-eyed glare at Osu, all but verbally daring him to come close.
[spoilername="Medical Chart"]Name: Inuzuka Kotoko
Bloodline: Inuzuka
Blood Type: A positive
Reason for visit: Mother brought daughter in after daughter complained of her jaw and nose hurting. Suspected sinus infection that has moved to the ear.[/spoilername]

[spoilername="OOC"]Some RP-related notes- The dog will bite you. The girl, if not calmed down, will bite you. The mother may bite your head off, and the family is still just outside.

Hint for Completion: This is for Novice in Medical Combat Training, Excited to see what you'll do!

Have fun![/spoilername]

Osuteno

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Did he say something funny? Why was she laughing? Did he have something on his face? As Osu checked the next mirror to make sure he didn't look like a fool for some reason or another, his attention shot back when he heard the words 'blowing up' only to register the rest of the sentence a second later and relaxed and laughed nervously at her joke. As he received the clipboard and began looking at the file for an Inuzuka Kotoko he began wondering if she was in any way related to the Inuzuka he knew who ran away from home with his nin hound because they thought their family was too messy.

... What was that sound?! As he heard the unearthly call he picked up his pace to match Kahako's in order to discover what was going on. Whatever it was had to be in terrible pain. However his determination wavered as he witnessed an orderly be shoved around and cornered by a rather fierce looking bunch and heard the unfriendly growls of the hounds outside. Before Kahako even put her hand out Osu was coming to a stop as his fierce bunny-like instincts told him it was a very bad idea to keep moving forward into the group. There was no way they and Zoro were related.

With little warning Kahako-Senpai suddenly told him that he would be sneaking by the pack and checking on the child himself along with throwing in a comment about his appearance he didn't quite understand, but nodded as a good student should. He couldn't help but to ask where she was going and the answer had made him even more nervous. As Osu quietly slipped into the room, he had the distinct impression that he had just stepped into the lion's den... or the wolf's den as it were. As he began assessing the treacherous ground he was now treading being between a protective mother and hound in the room with him and the rest of the pack just outside the room, Osu thought that he may have jumped the gun when he mentioned that Kahako-Senpai didn't seem to attract dangerous situations the way Kitsune-Sensei did.

As the mother questioned his status as a doctor and the pup growled at him, Osu took a deep breath and took stock of just how close and how many people were nearby by counting their heartbeats. There were several whose bumps and thumps were at a steady level of agitation around one relatively calm pulse. They had stepped far enough away from the curtain for him to be unsure of their precise locations, but still close enough that he could probably still hit them should he throw something at them. He would have preferred not to be able to pick them out, but Kahako-Senpai probably got them as far away as she could.

As Osu stared at the crying kid he felt silly for being afraid about everything else. Without looking at the mother Osu turned the clipboard towards her briefly enough so that she could read her daughter’s name on his chart and then he put it to the side. As he slowly moved a bit closer Osu's hands traced the side of his hood going up until he found the custom made bunny ears. He had no idea why the nursing staff gifted him such a strange set of scrubs but maybe it could come in handy.
xAMVnk9.jpg

The scrubs Osu wore at the time we started this thread lol

Osu positioned the ears in front of his eyes and got down low enough to where the little girl would be able to see him but staying just far away enough to where his arms wouldn't be able to reach him. He had to stay calm and not make any sudden moves, everyone was too tense. He slowly lifted a bunny ear on the side of the pup revealing an eye of liquid red that seemed like it should flow out of his head, a characteristic of the Chigokai but shocking enough to those who had never seen it before and he hid the eye again right before he would have made direct eye contact with the ninken.

Once more he lifted an ear but this time the other one and right before he made direct eye contact with the girl he hid his eye again saying, "Pyon." The girl continued wailing but briefly she stifled the call out of surprise and afterwards it wasn't as loud as it had been. He had her attention. The problem was that she really seemed to be in pain and the pup didn't want him near her. He would have to do something sneaky. Osu let the ears stay flopped in front of his eyes, (he could hear their heartbeats and blood flow strong enough this close that he might as well have been able to see them from every angle) and casually made a few hand seals before lifting the hand closest to the pup slowly, very slowly towards the girl.

The pup bared its teeth and bit Osu's hand but he was prepared for it and the trap was successful. The pup found not only had it bitten into a thin but hardened glove of blood its young teeth had no hope of cracking but it was now also under the effects of Anesthetic Infusion. "Pyon pyon such a good pup. You just want Kotoko-Chan to be safe don't you? Pyon pyon." Osu said softly as he began to cradle the pup in both arms with one hand still in its mouth. When Osu first learned to create things with his blood he was always concerned with the flakes and drips that had fallen off but over time he had developed this particular skill to the point where his blood could stop a steel sword in full swing without a scratch coming off... well at least from a normal person. He was more worried about the pup losing some of its enamel should the anesthesia not kick in faster.

"Your Kotoko-Chan is hurting and you are frustrated about not being able to make her feel better, but that is why I am here pyon." He said warmly getting into this rabbit act a lot easier than he thought he would. He saw the pup's grip loosen and finally release as it physically couldn't keep its tension anymore. "See? You feel much better don't you? Much more relaxed pyon. I am sorry I tricked you but I just wanted you to know this is all I wanted to do for Kotoko-Chan, take away the hurt so I can see what is causing her pain and then fix it pyon. Here I am going to leave you with mommy Inuzuka." Some of this was for the mother's sake too as he gave her concerned face a warm smile as he handed the pup over, but it was all mostly for the girl.

Once more he lowered himself into her gaze, made hand seals and held out his hands this time no gloves or anything. He didn't touch her though but merely held out his hands glowing slightly with a warm green chakra right in front of her. "Kotoko-Chan, I am Doctor Osu-Pyon. If you trust me and grab my hands. I promise the owies won't hurt so much afterwards pyon pyon." Sniffling and crying the little girl rubbed at her eyes with her sleeves and looked at her mother. After a few seconds the mother nodded and Kotoko looked back at Osu. "Yo-you pwomise?" To which Osu gave a nod with that warm smile on his face.

She still hesitated but Kotoko did take his hands and gradually her crying became more controlled and she had a sleepy look in her eyes. "Do you feel a lot better? Maybe a bit sleepy... pyon?" He almost fell out of his act. "Uh-huh." "Good good. Now I am going to need you to stick your tongue out and say 'ah' as big as you can okay?

[col3]
*​
|
*​
|
*​
[/col3]

A quick examination later after checking her throat, nose, and ears along with a couple swabs Osu looked at the mother now as sleep was quickly taking the obviously exhausted five-year-old. "Kotoko-Chan appears to have a pretty bad sinus infection as expected. She is experiencing some painful blockage and it seems to have moved its way up the ear, which I would expect is very imbalancing for an Inuzuka. Young children are prone to getting them and after I confirm the condition it should be easy enough to treat. That said, I understand that you are worried but your family's behavior is causing stress to other patients and other families. Not only that, but it delayed Kotoko's treatment and caused her to be in pain longer than necessary. As you can see we are more than capable of handling your daughter's health and mean her no harm, so may I ask you to calm your family and allow for me to pass as well as remind them of the visitation limits? If they go down that hallway and take the second left turn there is a small garden area where they can wait with their ninken if they wish or there is a closer indoor one down the opposite path."

After getting the mother herself to quiet down the pack, Osu approached Kahako. "As suspected it is a pretty developed sinus infection. We could do a scan to determine the exact location of the blockage but honestly antibiotic therapy should still be more than effective enough should they follow direction. My main concern is that she is at the age where some children develop chronic infections so even with the antibiotic course it would still be best for her to come in for a checkup or two in the following weeks." Osu handed the samples he took over to a nurse to be tested. "After we confirm that there isn't anything else at play here I think sending them home with a course of amoxicillin, ear drops for pain relief, and nasal decongestant with an appointment to come back in for examination sometime later next week."
WC: 1694 just in case if med sennin needs it lol

Osuteno

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Osu had finished his explanation but noticed that Kahako hadn't turned around from him speaking to her. Odd.

"Kahako-Senpai? He paused a moment before she slumped forward with her arms crossing under her head. She had fallen asleep.

4d8d5c3c-73dd-49b1-b16f-08c0258c0e7f_zps4730f342.jpg

"She's WHAT!?!?"yelled that ever so... forceful voice from his noggin. "She threw us to the wolves and..."

"Hounds technically," Osu corrected the voice in his head.

"Harr harr. She threw us in the middle of that mutt pack and went off and fell asleep? This is outrageous!!!"

It was about that time that a nurse with arms as thick as he was and among the taller people he had ever seen march up. "Well well well.... What do we have here? If I recall correctly Kahako-Sensei should be in the middle of rounds right now, isn't that right kid?" She had one of the... more interesting voices Osu had ever heard too, as if she had smoked every day of her life and managed to get a cold on top of that after spending hours yelling in a closet to achieve the raspiest voice imaginable.

"Uh yes... Nurse." He said hesitantly.

She smiled and shook her head disapprovingly. "Well that just isn't right is it little student?" That was when she pulled a marker out. "Just isn't very responsible of dear Kahako-Sensei. I know this isn't a really effective way of correcting behavior since you shinobi types can change your appearances but..." She handed him the marker. I think it would still be best for you to leave a little note where she can see it later. With that she walked off.

At first Osu had no idea what exactly what she meant by that but the giggling and mutterings of the voice in his head cleared that up rather quickly.

"Draw on her face?" He repeated under his breath to the voice in his head. It was right though it wasn't exactly fair that she went to sleep like that... But no... He couldn't... Could he?

He stared at Kahako-Senpai's sleeping face before looking around him. No one seemed to be looking this way...

He shook his head. Afterall Osu had never pulled a prank like this before. What if he messed up? Was this permanent marker? ... No it wasn't permanent... It would likely only take a couple washes to get out...

"Oh just go ahead and do it you pansy. It isn't like it will kill her. Write BAAAAAAKA over her forehead and draw her a mustache and throw dickbutt in there for good measure!"

"Write what!?! Don't you think that is pushing it a bit far? We shouldn't use such language!"

He couldn't actually see a face for the voice but he swore he felt it smile. "But you no longer think writing on her face itself is pushing it, correct?"

"... Maybe just a little?"

After about five more minutes of internally arguing what exactly should be done to Kahako-Senpai's face, the... work was complete. Looking around he disposed of the marker in a nearby drawer and went back to shake Kahako-Senpai awake after a deep inhale and a rather terrible job of calming himself.

XrEPaNV.jpg

pb1QMXS.jpg

Shinrya Kahako

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The mother watched quietly as Osu slowly did his work on her little girl. With the canine companion now sedated and in her lap, Osuteno was able to calm the girl and subsequently the mother. For a woman nearly three times his age, she accepted the scolding and apologized for her family’s behavior. With a quick write off, Kotoko and her family would be out and on their way to the pharmacy for antibiotics.

---

“Ano… Koji-kun?” Kahako asked as a mischievous glint still hung in the MiT’s eyes. She had no idea what came over the boy, but when he turned to see her holding a plate of cookies and a cup of cold milk, she couldn’t help think that maybe Kitsune’s mad scientist rubbed off on the medical bunny. His eyes were alight in mischievous trepidation. His hand still clasped the metal handle on the drawer where his weapon of choice remained hidden from sight.

It honestly didn’t take the woman long to realize what the boy had done. Especially since she could smell the ink from the permanent marker wafting from her clone’s face. The evidence was as clear as day. Silence filled the little corridor. A tumbleweed would have floated by if such a plant existed the cold harsh mountains of Cloud. For the moment, Osu couldn’t see what expression played across the medical chief's face, but she has remained oddly calm with the realization that her assistant for the day just pulled a prank on her.

Quietly, Kahako set down the glass of milk, shifting the plate to both of her hands before lifting her face. A small bright smile cascaded across it. “Ara, it seems I didn’t put enough chakra into my clone again. She was supposed to let you know that I had gone to grab you a snack while you were treating our young patient.” Kahako let a small tsk click past her tongue. “I can never seem to get them right when I need them for the simple things.”

Kahako handed Osu the cookies and dismissed her clone. Silence once again filled the air as Kahako smiled back at the MiT. “Go ahead, eat up. You’re going to need it for what we have next.” Turning, Kahako reached up to the headset around her neck and pressed the receiver. “Hii-kun, are you still working on 126s today?” Osu could hear Kahako’s voice over the silent crackle of the radio in his pocket. She was on the general hospital channel.

“Umm… yeah?” Came a male voice a few short seconds later. It would be here that Osu could tell Kahako’s pulse skip a beat in what had been an unusually normal rhythm until now. “Great, my Kouhai and I will be taking them over for the rest of the shift.”

“Are you sure, Shinrya-san? Normally the nurses-” “No, no. It’s fine, it’s fine.” Kahako cut in with a lit in her voice. She turned back to Osu before finishing her sentence. This time, Kahako’s light smile no longer looked natural and calming. There was a slight glint that filled her eyes, one that would give chills to any who knew the adopted Shinrya. “Actually, my kouhai has shown such great skill this evening, I think we may be able to handle a double shift.”

Starting towards the nurse’s station, Kahako lifted her fingers and motioned for Osuteno to follow. A tall man sat at the desk with a weary look on his face. “There are currently six cases pending, maybe we should split them among-” “Perfect!” Kahako interrupted again as she grabbed all six clipboards. “You’ll get your pick on the next patient, Koji-kun, but we'll be taking them all, so choose quickly.” Kahako said as she started to read each case aloud and placed them on the counter.

“We have a gentleman in 128 with inflammatory bowel syndrome. Says here his flatulence is is so toxic that if he can’t get it under control he is going to lose his job at the Academy.” *Click* went the clipboard sharply on the marble.

“Here is one where a woman says her body hurts all over.” *Click*

“Another woman who is demanding a breast biopsy because she keeps getting cysts under her arms.” *CLICK* “Highly unnecessary, really. They’ll go away on their own. Someone has to tell her. Hate to be in that room.”

“Ah, oh here’s an interesting one. Man has come in with a flaky yellow substance on his nose. There is writing on the side here.” Kahako leaned into the tiny print on the paperwork. “Patient is anal retentive. I wonder what that means. Any idea, Hii-kun?” The nurse simply shook his head, throwing up his hand in surrender, clearly wanting to stay out of whatever got Kahako on a roll. *click*

“A gentleman who tried to circumcise himself, an 82-year-old lady whose symptoms look to be syphilis, aaand a woman who demands another medical opinion because she swears there is no way she could be pregnant.” *click* *click* *click* Kahako asked as she propped her arms on the counter and laced her fingers together. If the MiT wanted a reaction out of the medical chief. He had certainly gotten one. “Which one would you like first, Koji-kun?”
[spoilername="Specialization Unlocked"]Osuteno has gained Medical Combat Training- Novice rank[/spoilername]
[spoilername="OOC"]All Kahako wanted to do was spoil her adorbs kouhai a tasty snack.
rwN9wzS.gif

MFT[/spoilername]

Osuteno

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Hmmm.

Osu stared at Kahako who spoke to him from the other side.

This idea had backfired terribly.

This is what he got for agreeing with Uso.

Osu stared at his senpai who had a tray of cookies and milk and then back at the same woman who was asleep in a chair. So there was a larger picture at play here. A picture that was looking more and more bleak with each passing moment. Now which one was... Ah yes the one speaking to him was the real one. She didn't seem to be terribly upset but it didn't seem quite right. Something was... off.

Osu took the cookies she handed him and began to wonder where all the staff that was here just a minute ago went. There was one less heartbeat as the clone disappeared. As she spoke into the communicator Osu wondered exactly what this brewing storm he felt was. The voice on the other end spoke up and that was when he heard it. Her heartbeat was being much more honest than the rest of her. This was bad. Wait... Did she just say they would be taking the 126s?

.... A double shift?

Osu followed the woman to the nurse's station and listened quietly as she started laying down one chart after another, each case ringing of a miserable time. He decided in that moment that he would one day get Kahako herself with a prank beyond reckoning. "Since none of them seem to sound like immediate emergencies from the sounds of things let's start with..." he rubbed the bridge of his nose as he thought knowing that this was going to be a looooong day, "The pregnancy shouldn't take long to verify I guess?" Osu said without understanding why he suddenly felt unsure.

Shinrya Kahako

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Kahako signed in frustration at Osu’s response. No protest, no outward sense of panic. How was Kahako going to enjoy her counter prank teach the boy a lesson if he didn’t respond? Grabbing the clipboard, Kahako turned and made her way down the expansive halls of the ER. She didn’t speak to Osu. If he asked her a question, she only supplied a cold shoulder.

It wasn’t until they were getting close to their patient’s section did she stop. “I’ll be with you on this one, but once again, you’ll be the lead on this. All tests prove positive that Yokoyama Yuka is pregnant, but she refuses to believe it. Let’s hear what she has to say.”

A short walk later, the two were standing in front of a very irate, if not somewhat…plump… woman sitting on the standard cot. Her hair, colored brown was tied in a ponytail, the wisps held down by her Kumo headband. “Before you say a word, or even begin to introduce yourself I want you to know that I don’t care who you are, and I don’t care what your rank you are. I don’t even care how long you’ve studied medicine. I.AM.NOT.PREGNANT.” She bellowed to the two.

Kahako, somewhat surprised at the outburst, raised an eyebrow and decided to skip the pleasantries. “If you don’t mind me asking ma’am, why are you so adamant against the thought? Our tests are showing that you are reaching the 5 month marker.”

Yuka glared daggers at Kahako. The venom that dripped from her words were almost tangible. “Because, you have to have sex in order to be pregnant. I have not slept with ANYONE for over a year, and the last person I did sleep with was my ex. So unless you’re hospital is going to prove your quack diagnosis that this could be an immaculate conception, I am leaving. And NO I will NOT be going on maternity leave. I have a duty to our village, and in case you haven’t noticed, we don't get a choice in the matter.”

Setting aside the fact that the woman was clearly a 30-something year old Gennin, Kahako had to physically restrain herself from sighing. Kahako knew enough about a woman’s body to tell that Yuka would begin to really show in a few weeks. Her natural state of roundness could only hide the baby bump for so long. As it was a matter of the child’s health, Kahako could not clear her knowing that she was pregnant. She wouldn’t let the woman on the battlefield in this situation. “Why don’t you tell us about your day to day life. Where is your ex now that you are separated?”

As Kahako walked over to sit, Yuka stared at her with contempt for a moment. “He’s my roommate. He was my roommate before we started dating, and he remained my roommate after because the Main Branch doesn’t pay enough for us to live alone. We sleep in separated rooms, we haven’t gone out to drink since we separated.”

“Do you go out to party often?” Kahako asked, wondering if the worst may have occurred.

“No! I haven’t gone out since we broke up! HE is the party-er! I only went with him to be with him! WHEN I was with him! Do you see? I CAN NOT be pregnant! I haven’t had sex! It’s impossible! I keep telling everyone it’s impossible, and NO ONE will listen!”
[spoilername="OOC"]If you solve this mystery, you will recieve a rank up in Psychology. The woman IS pregnant. And that is all the hints I will give you.
MFT[/spoilername]

Osuteno

Yen
ASP
Deaths
After a bit of walking and a brief explanation of the case from Kahako Osu found himself facing a rather upset looking woman. Completely throwing pleasantries aside, the woman told them basically that she was refusing to believe anything they told her despite what medical knowledge was telling them. However without the tests, Osu himself was very aware of the woman's pregnancy status (not a fat joke). Goodness it was plain as day to him (still not a fat joke). To him, unless the had absorbed another person there was no other explanation other than her being pregnant (I swear that isn't a fat joke).

Despite her telling him that he was leading on this Kahako initiated the line of questioning and getting some patient history, but this was fine for Osu as it freed him up to make a small note and hand it to a nurse, who looked at it briefly before nodding and quickly leaving the room with his request. Osu blushed a little as the woman started referencing her sex life, or lack thereof, but that blush quickly faded as he realized what this could imply and instead his face became a very solid frown. There was no such thing as immaculate conception and the physical proof of the pregnancy before him (still not making comments about her weight) made him consider a darker possibility when the woman shared that she and her ex were still living together. This time he made another note on his clipboard but kept it to himself momentarily. If Kahako looked she would see it was instructions for the nurse to take the woman's urine sample that they most likely took when performing pregnancy tests, along with anything else they collected down to be tested for predator drugs. Now, he was the lead here so it was about time he started acting like it.

Without saying a word Osu pulled a stool in front of the woman and sat on it. He put his clipboard facedown on a table and, already knowing he was light enough for it to work, pulled up on the adjustment lever until the stool reached full height (though he was still sitting much shorter than the woman on the examination table) and smiled politely with a slight bow. "I know you said it didn't really matter to you but I would just like to start off by saying my name is Osuteno and I will be your doctor from this point. We will just put this pregnancy talk aside and instead work checkup. I am sure you came in because you haven't been feeling quite well lately and I would like to see what other possibilities we can find here." Osu then took out a stethoscope that had almost never seen any use and put it in his ears. "If you don't mind I will first examine your heartbeat and needed you to breathe in and out as I instruct you." And so Osu unknowingly began using his indistinguishable sex to his advantage and coaxed the woman into allowing him to do a normal checkup. Of course using a stethoscope was actually a very nails on chalkboard like sensation to him as he could already hear her heartbeat and blood flow, but her persevered. The he hmm'ed. and removed the device from his ears.

"Hmmm. Miss, I am just curious, have you ever listened to a heartbeat before? Yours in particular? Here put this in your ears and listen to my heartbeat first." Osu handed the woman the ear side and placed the device against his own heart. He was admittedly being rather deceptive here as his own heart was beating, while not particularly faster, much more powerfully than a normal person's. After a few moments he said, "Now listen to your own." In comparison the woman would hear hers was rather weak. While he had this charade going the nurse came back holding a fetoscope and placed it on the table beside Osuteno. Osu picked up his clipboard and began scribbling on it before handing the nurse another set of instructions. "Thank you nurse, could you just go and fetch me a few more things?" The nurse looked down and the test request and nodded with a "Yes Doctor" that was professional enough to hide that his words and what was on the paper didn't match up at all. One advantage of being part of a military was that as a doctor he was able to not share any details at all with a soldier about what he was doing or ask permission. Rather he could likely have used Kahako's authority to give the patient orders, but he thought this would go a lot more smoothly if he simply lead the woman along.

"It isn't very likely you have seen one of these before, but as you can likely tell this is a different variety of stethoscope, it has a much better design for listening to deeper issues." That was technically true. Honestly due to the woman's weight a regular stethoscope likely would not have been effective enough for what he was about to do (not a joke, but definitely referring to her weight here, just a fact of the matter). Kahako would likely see he was about to use the fetoscope in a fashion it typically wasn't used as he continued with his little game, including holding it in place with his hand instead of his forehead. "I will first need you to show me your back and breathe in and out as I tell you again." He continued his charade of using the device as he would a normal stethoscope hmm'ing all the while and moving it around. Until he started examining her stomach trying to draw her into his trick. Hopefully she would now be more concern with some different issue from her apparently weak heart that she would comply more easily. Then he located the baby's heartbeat that he noticed when they entered the room. Despite the whole nail on chalkboard sensation from the double sound being magnified, there was something amazing to him about how small the heart was and the fact there was a baby inside this woman's stomach. He may be a doctor but he was still a little kid after all. And so he gave one last hmm and removed the ear piece but kept the fetoscope in place. "I would like you to slow your breathing and listen carefully here. Tell me what you hear." Of course what she would hear was the beating heart of her unborn child. It would be faint, but the child was definitely far enough along now and it would be pretty difficult to mistake that beating sound for anything else. He waited until he was sure she heard it, waited until he saw it register in her eyes what the sound was.

"I am sure you can hear it now, so unless you have an unregistered kinjutsu, what do you suppose this heartbeat means?" Normally hearing your child's heartbeat for the first time was a rather exciting occasion, something that oftentimes acted as a "this is actually happening" sensation for new parents. Osu wasn't sure what this woman's reaction would be, considering the situation, but he was prepared to anesthetize her or even bind her if necessary should she begin acting out. It wouldn't do anyone any good if she hurt herself or the baby.
WC MFT: 1245

Shinrya Kahako

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Yuka listened closely to the little heartbeat beating in her womb. Osu could tell when her mind accepted what her body was telling her. Her eyes glassed over and her posture tensed at the first little heartbeat she could register. “I don’t have an unregistered Kinjutsu,” she said with poison in her voice, but a lot less passion. She wasn’t a woman to cry, but this clearly devastated her mentally. “But I just don’t understand. I’ve not slept with anyone. It’s been way too long for me to only be five months…” The woman started to physically shake as she began to wonder just what happened to have caused this.

It wasn’t long before the two mednin obtained the results. By the demand of Yuka, more tests than necessary were done to ‘prove just how not pregnant’ she was. Obviously, what came back was not in the patient’s favor, but neither was it in Osu’s. Aside from the regular compounds that would be seen from a shinobi taking solider pills, no other notable markers for drugs came back. “Doctor,” Kahako said quietly as she passed the returned results over to him, denying his suspicion that she may have been drugged by someone close to her.

By the minute, Yuka was looking more and more distressed. She grabbed Osu’s arm painfully. “Is immaculate conception possible?” the woman said, clearly going into an emotional spiral. A panic attack was starting to set in. “Oh god, what do I do?! I can't care of a child on my own! My family will disown me! My ex won't take care of the child. He will never even believe it could possibly be his.” At that, Kahako spoke into her ear piece, softly mumbling orders to bring in someone close to their patient.
[spoilername="Specialization Unlocked"]Osu has achieved the Novice rank of Prenatal Care![/spoilername]
[spoilername="OOC"]INCORRECT, good sir! Dastardly actions to her person is not reason as to why she is pregnant. Now she is going in a downward spiral of panic and depression. Better think again to possibly calm her down! Hint # 2: If immaculate conception is not possible, then there is a father, and she faded to black with him. Does the father know he could be a father, and does HE know he faded to black with her?[/spoilername]

Osuteno

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Little Osu was growing uncharacteristically impatient with the woman in front of him. He looked at the hand that was hurting his arm and followed it back up to the woman's face. He wasn't quite sure why he was growing impatient either. The woman's concerns were legitimate but as she continued Osu's stomach became knotted with... irritation? This was really unlike him.

"No immaculate conception isn't really within the realm of the possible." That came out a bit chillier than intended. Osu consciously tried to even out his tone.

"The fact of the matter is that every child has a mother and a father, whether their identities are known or not." Ah that stung Osu a bit as he said it. He began to realize why this patient was bothering him.

"Yokoyama-San... Are you sure there wasn't one morning where you woke up and couldn't remember the previous day that well? Maybe your roommate might remember something you don't if you don't mind him coming in. Even if we are unable to learn who the father is you have an important decision to make in a very close future. You need to decide what is going to happen to them." Osu pointed at her stomach with the arm that wasn't being hurt by her grip, which was probably bruised now. He was just nine after all despite his shinobi training.

Looking her straight in the eyes Osu followed up, "You need to talk to your family, your friends, even your ex. Not so they can make the decision for you but so you can sort it out for yourself. Yes your life is going to become more difficult as a result of this child, and there are people who will judge or shame you for this, such unpleasant types are unfortunately common. But you have a responsibility to make a well considered and unrushed decision concerning how this child will grow up. For instance if you feel you are truly unable to provide for the child I can say from experience that the orphanage in the West Side of the Susukino District is a very nice place to grow up, though I would ask that if you do go that route that you properly fill out the paperwork instead of abandoning the child to be found with nothing but a blanket, some cash and a first name. It is terribly frustrating to fill out paperwork by writing in Koji (Orphan) for one's family name and the birthdate being a guess at best."

Osu sighed a little as he turned his body to hop up on the seat beside her. "I'm not trying to pressure you by saying this, but on their behalf and as a kid without the faintest clue who his own parent are or were, I beg you not to completely disregard how your child will feel as a result of whatever decision you make. They have no say in the matter, no input whatsoever. Yet despite not choosing to be born they will shoulder a number of consequences depending on the environment they grow up in. Depending on how you choose they may end up blaming you or themself but I will ask you not to blame them for anything... Also, I'm sorry but my arm is really hurting like this."
MFT WC 574

Shinrya Kahako

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The woman, well past the point of teary-eyed, but not quite balling grew very quiet when Osu spoke harshly to her. A pang of guilt and embarrassment rushed within her and she took his reprimand in silence. Yuka shook her head in response when he asked her if she lost track of time at points in her life. Off to the side, Kahako’s body to straighten a little, almost as if something he said sparked a lightbulb. But the Mednin would not voice her opinion quite yet as Osuteno hopped onto the bed by Yuka and provided a thorough, if not passionate lecture on caring for a child, and really putting thought into if she couldn’t take care of the baby.

It didn’t take her mastery in Psychology for Kahako to see that what their patient said hit Osu closer to home than he wanted to admit. And hearing it from a nine-year-old left Kahako reeling from an emotional blow both as a person who was ostracized by her blood relatives at a young age, and as a mother. Yet Yuka remained despondent. A sad grimace settled on her face as refused to agree or oppose Osu’s words. “Yoyoyama-san, if I may interject,” Kahako said quietly when it was clear Osu was done. “Do you have problems with sleeping?”

Yuka blinked a couple times, slightly confused as to how the question came out of nowhere. “Yes, I have problems with sleeping, I take over the counter medication for it… Why?” It was here that Kahako stood, walking closer to the woman, but withholding the urge to reach out and brace the woman for what she was about to tell her. “Yokoyama-san… you have been sleeping with your ex-boyfriend recently.” Kahako said simply to her. There was really no gentler way of saying it, and Kahako held up a hand before the woman could interject. “If what you are telling us is true, and you haven’t had intercourse to your knowledge, then the only reasonable solution is that you were not conscious during the act. Our testing for any narcotics in your system came back negative, and you can’t recall times in your life where your memory is fuzzy.

“The only logical conclusion,” Kahako continued, “Is that the act occurred when you willingly decided to lose consciousness. It is quite common for people on sleeping medication to sleep walk. Some have even been noted as doing something as complex as cooking under some drugs. If your ex is your roommate, then it is likely you have been going to him in your sleep. I would agree with Osuteno that you should have a conversation with him in regards to how your relationship has been as of late.”

“I want to leave now.” Yuka said, cutting Kahako off any further. “You’ve convinced me I need to step away from my duties, so you got what you wanted. Now I want to leave.” And with that, Yuka Yokoyama began to emotionally close herself off.

“Very well, ma’am. We will have the nurse come in to check you out and set you up for the proper documentation to submit for maternity leave.” Neither medic would know if Yuka Yokoyama would keep her child. But that wasn’t what they came for. They completed their assignment. “When you are done with your conversation with your ex, or if you do not want to do it alone, please reach out to the psychiatric services at the hospital. I am one of the staff members there, but any of our individuals are well qualified in discussing whatever you need assistance with. Including any anxiety you are currently feeling. I would also advise for him to come in as well."
After both Mednin and MiT were a good distance away, Kahako spoke as she finished up Yuka’s chart. “Well done, Osuteno-kun,” Kahako said as she wrote. “If you did not bring up her problems with memory loss, I wouldn’t have thought about the sleep-walking.” Walking back to the original reception desk, Kahako returned the completed chart to the man sitting there.

“Your next case, ma’am?” He said holding it up. Kahako looked at the file, but after a second shook her head. “No Hii-kun, I think we’re going to take a break for a while.” Kahako looked to the MiT who stood behind her.

“I think both of us hit a pretty thin line of patience just now, and I didn’t miss your comment about your arm. You need to rest.” She looked at him pointedly. “We’re ending the rounds for today. You can submit a request again in the future, but for now we’re coming to a close.”

With that, Kahako began to walk past him, but she stopped with one more word to say. “Do not be too angry at Yuka-san for what she said earlier. We were all taught from a young age that our bodies are meant to be used for the sake of Kumogakure. For a kunoichi, to become a mother unexpectedly is a direct offense against the duty ingrained into us. And, when she does have the child, she has no choice but to immediately return to her duty or loose the financial support she lives off of. To some mothers, that is just another form of abandonment.” Kahako listened quietly to Osu’s response. Simply nodding and continuing on her way.

TL

[Osuteno has unlocked Psychology- experienced]

Osuteno

Yen
ASP
Deaths
This was certainly turning out to be an unpleasant session for everyone involved. Osu hadn't considered sleepwalking, that was the sort of answer he would normally expect to find in a medical mystery novel. Next time he would pay greater attention to the list of medications the patients are on. Unfortunately having an answer to how the woman got pregnant didn't give him any sort of piece of mind. When they left the room the woman's eyes had signs of recognizing anything except how lost she was.

When Kahako-Senpai told Osu well done for simply asking about memory loss he replied with a very noncommittal, "Mhmm."

Normally Osu should have felt relieved when she mentioned they were done with rounds for today but he would have welcomed a distraction from the thoughts that were creeping up on him. She did happen to remind him that his arm was a little bruised from where the woman had gripped him but it wasn't anything immediately important.

Of course she had one more thing to say to him. Of the difficulties of kunoichi who find themselves becoming mothers and another perspective of abandonment. Osuteno knew what she was trying to say and could understand how such a perspective came about. However, "If it is a matter of duty then you, as both a mother and a kunoichi, should know why that is a difficult answer to accept Senpai. When you look at your son you should know how likely it is he will turn out to be chakra sensitive when he is older. Before the time he is old enough to be considered for the academy and to be tested you have opportunities, if but a few moments between your duties, to speak to him as someone with an open destiny in life. You can baby him, coddle him, even if it is a lie you can tell him he can be anything he dreams of. Even if only for a few rare moments you can call him your son and yourself his mother and tell him you love him.

It is different for us wards of the village. We will fulfill our duty to the village because that is why it is raising us. We are expected to strive to be shinobi, and if we are unable to touch chakra we will fulfill that duty as paper pushers, errand runners, or some other method, You should know a number of the non-shinobi staff here at the hospital comes from a subset of this group. We don't have much of what one would call a childhood. When I was ready to both enroll in the academy and live on my own by my eighth birthday it was recorded as being 'on schedule'. When parents die in the line of duty that is one matter, we can't expect dead people to take care of us. But forgive me for being a bit angry when someone just doesn't feel capable of making an attempt to let their child have any sense of normalcy."
And with that little Osu went back home to the clan estate, to give a report about his progress and accomplishments that day, to be trained under his aunt's strict supervision in the use of their kekkai genkai, and to study medicine and rest before doing everything again tomorrow. Hopefully the routine of it all wouldn't allow him to dwell too much on thoughts he honestly wished to avoid such as his own parents.
OOC: Topic Left MFT WC 581

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back