Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Sand... I Hate Sand. [Entering Country]

Oshiro Saki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
As far as the eye could see there was nothing but a wasted layer of sand.

Nothing more, nothing less.

There were no animals or creature of any kind, for that matter--at least, none that Saki could see--and there was a stark lack of flowers in the area. Grumbling at the heat and in want of some decent scenery, Saki continued his begrudging shuffle into the desert around him, hopnig that he still knew how to get to Sunagakure. It was, after all, the village hidden in sand. He must have been in the right place!

[S Rank]
[Run Time: 30 minutes until Topic Left/Country Entered]

Sand Council

Sand Event NPC
Yen
ASP
Deaths
What if I wanted to catch you?

WELL, there is not much to say but Random Encounters Go. In the gilded desert there would be land and sky, nothing between. Well, nothing except ME.

A cloaked unknown called out to the errant traveler, "hai you! Are you going to the like exam! If so you are like totally going the wrong way or some junk!"

The exam was big news, like REAL big. The like boss man was totally getting his daughter hitched to that foreign-guy and they were going to have this totally cool party. Well, the party would be pretty bloody and miserable for THEM but not for her.

Like... Totally caught. <3

Oc: Awkward writing style. A product of the character and a hastily written phone post. If you decline my intercession I will just let you go.

Oshiro Saki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
[I'm not usually one for details and stipulations, but to catch someone you have to post your run time and rank. I don't feel like stopping, so I'm just gonna go on ahead :p]

Michi

Legendary Member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
More an event NPC, kinda hard to rank me/them (I am the person to PM or Skype or Discord if you have any questions). Hence, your call.

Oshiro Saki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
[Eh, why not?]

It wasn't long into his desert treck before he was greeted by a cloaked traveller. That was something that Saki suddenly wished he had brought along with him: a cloak. Seriously, if you're gonna go to a DESERT... where there's SAND... and SANDSTORMS... bring a cloak. Or something to cover your face.

"Hello!" Saki called to the wayfarer. "I'm afraid I'm not heading to an exam. Is it being held in Sunagakure? Would you be so kind as to point the way for me, then?" His voice was high and inquisitive, but obviously stressed from the insufferable heat and dry climate, as well as the sickness looming and ready to force him to succumb. Besides that, his trecks down the mountains of the Lightning Country were few and far between, and even then he had rarely left the country itself. He wasn't used to this temperature, this climate, or this landscape. It was like culture shock, except... not for culture. Know what I mean?

Either way, this fellow traveller seemed friendly enough. Perhaps he could be of some help? A denizen of this country would, hopefully, be able and willing to help him out. He was obviously out of place, wearing the completely incorrect attire for his current location. Although his native robes weren't the worst thing to wear in the heat of the day, they offered little protection from the sand picked up and thrown about by the constant wind. If that wasn't enough of a giveaway, his Kumogakure forhead protector, currently hanging from his waist, definitely would. He was a fish out of water. Or rather, he was a plant out of pot.

Is that a saying? It should be. It fits better.

Sand Council

Sand Event NPC
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OC: Still phone posting, sorry for the quality. Also, I think this NPCs writing style is giving me brain cancer. I pray her tenure among the living is short.

EDIT: Got to a home PC so I impreved the post and added some coding since there has not been a reply.

IC:
FOmayqA.jpg

Number 10
Natsukawa Avaron​

The lone Kumo traveler was not a merchant, that much was like sooo totally obvious. No cart or team of sandstriders to ferry his wares or person, gawd this foreigner would be easy pickings if the wrong person (like her) was to show up. Still the Soverign was not here to make a ruckus, she was sent on this mission to totally check in on Six. Big'n metal had not checked in since he arrived the other day and he was supposed to catch the Cabal members who allied themselves with those meanies in Sunagakure a few months ago before the start of the exam. Gosh those two-timing bums, the Cabal really did not know what they were like getting into which was too bad because she would have been stoked to see what they could do in hand-to-hand combat. It would have been so sweet if she could learn a trick or two off of them before she killed them.

"Hello!"

"I'm afraid I'm not heading to an exam. Is it being held in Sunagakure? Would you be so kind as to point the way for me, then?"

There were not very many reasons for someone to travel the desert alone, at least not this desert. The exam had brought in a fair share of foreigners, she did not really anticipate meeting anyone out here less a lonesome merchant. The cloaked woman peeled back her hood to reveal a plain face with dark hair augmented with a streak of red. There was something hanging out of the corner of her mouth that resembled a cigarette that she was unconsciously chewing on. It was not a cancer stick, rather it was poorly flavored, cheap chewing gum shaped like the infamous death rods. She blew a bubble the size of her head while he replied. Some sand had gotten stuck to the sticky walls, carried on the gentle breeze but she did not seem to mind the errant crunch.

Apparently he was going the right way, well poo... She hoped that he was a real shinobi, but he looked like some foreign delegate which was pretty neat but not enough to make her day although it would make her passage into Sunagakure a bit easier. Still, it was a sad thing not finding a shinobi to ruin -- she wanted the diversion before she set Six straight.

"Weird place to like travel," she snapped her gum as she said that. "Nothing butta hole in the like ground with ninja'lings doing ninja things." She added, her distaste for Sand somewhat obvious in her tone. It was also true until most recent. There had been some recent construction and then devastation and then restructuring of damaged homes over the past year making the subterranean community an agrarian surface colony but she was not one for minutiae. "Naw, the exam is in like Soons," she pointed in a direction the Cloudy-nin was not traveling, not that she knew he was a Clouder... Nosiree. Just some fancy pants foreigner who was going to get his butt kicked for looking funny but someone who was not her if he gave her what she wanted.

"Got some work to do in Suna like too," she admitted. "I am from the capital relaying some bladdy blah officially stuff to some ninjas from the Daimyo himself,"[/color] she waved her hand as if it was not a big deal but that part of her statement seemed to posses a tone of pride in the young woman. How or why a woman of such limited vernacular would be representing the Daimyo is something one would leave the foreigner to ponder. "Mind me join'n?"

OC: If yes, she would leave with you and be super annoying (feel free to godmod annoying convos), she is basically looking to ride your coattails into Sand without incident. :-o

Oshiro Saki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
So the mysterious figure was representiative to meet with the Daimyo... certainly an impressive position to hold, and one completely unbefitting a person with her... mannerisms? She was soooOOOooOOo Valley Girl. So let's see here: she's a representative, she's got a strange, moderately annoying way of speaking, and she wants to tag along for my journy.

Jar Jar? Is that you?

All joking aside, this particular individual was unique in several ways, aside from her odd accent and her, like, use of the word "like." Like, you know what I mean? But she was also special in the fact that she now had the sole power to guide Saki to the hidden Sand village, which was of upmost importance to him. Time was everything, and he had absolutely none to waste. Ideally, he would have travelled alone... but this could help him get there much faster, hopefully. he would be able to travel with confidence, or in other words, quicker. Even so... he wasn't sure how excited this person he was meeting, Akkuma, would be if he found out he came with someone else. Saki weighed his options carefully.

On one hand, the emissary Kaza had told him to travel safe. Considering that Saki didn't know the area or any of the dangers of it, "travelling safe" would reasonable mean taking someone who knew the Wind Country. On the other hand, it could mean a broken deal, and, as a result, death.

But he could die anyways if he didn't take her.

"Well, I suppose I don't see any harm in your tagging along for a little bit." he bullshitted. "But I'm afraid that I'll have to go my own way once we reach the gates."

"Hmmmmm... I guess that's okay. Like, I guess ideeeaaally I'd tag along the whole way but whateveeeeeer."

"Haha, I'm sorry. I'm afraid I have some personal business that requires my immediate attention."

"Fine." the girl pouted. "So, like, what kinda bizzyness ya gotta do 'round here? Oh, and like, whaddaya call yerself dude? Like your name?"

"I said it's personal." he stated bluntly as he began walking in her direction. "But you can call me Saki. What's your name?"

"Avaron! And I'm, like, th' only one, son!" she ejected enthusiastically, throwing her hands forward making fake gang signs to match the rap-like rhyme she'd just made. Saki groaned inwardly. He wasn't one for silliness, usually.

"Well, in any case, let's get there as soon as possible, okay?"

"Fiiiiiiiiiiine. You're, like, such a boring old coot."

"I'm sorry.

A few seconds of blissful silence went by.

"So what's your, like, fave food?"

This was going to be a long journey.

[Topic Left and Headed for the Gates with Avaron]

Sand Council

Sand Event NPC
Yen
ASP
Deaths
FOmayqA.jpg

Number 10
Natsukawa Avaron​

Totally like awesometastic! Her mouth continued to run but her brain had stalled some time ago. She had a basic concept of what she was supposed to do and for her, or rather for most of them that was all that was important. What she lacked in brains, she made up for in other ways. The village was not far, the standards of the Toraono Dojo would reveal themselves over the horizon in under a mile followed by the alabaster Kazekage Tower that seemed to blend with the sky. It was be not nearly as tall as one would have expected, rising only a few stories above the ground but all the same it would be a greater marvel up close and personal. A village laid out surrounding the tower and dojo that had no wall would prove to be the Hidden Sand Village, the lack of apparent defense strange especially to someone from a village as secure as Kumogakure.

She would get a fresh stick of gum out of her pocket at regular, short intervals but she was not replacing her previous flavorless piece but rather adding to it. The wad of gum she was actually mindlessly chewing was actually rather impressive. On occasion she would blow a large bubble and it would them pop with a loud crack before it receded back into her mouth. These would prove to be his moments of all too infrequent and succinct peace because as soon as the chewing gum had returned to her mouth it would be moved to a single side which was obvious by the bulge in her cheek and she would start a fresh conversation about absolutely nothing.

Yes, this was going to be a long journey despite the compendiary distance they would travel together.

[Topic Left]

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back