Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Sandy Arse [General RP]

Yudaya Junnan

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Episode #1
Day: Wednesday
Time: 14:04
The scorching heat of the sun was what woke him, abysmal black turning to orange as sunlight beamed through thin eyelids. He sat up quickly, without warning the ways zombies did in old horror films. Blink after blink began to bring his surroundings into view, meanwhile his head shook briskly like a wolf shaking off the rain... Instead of droplets of water splashing about though, dust and sand formed brown clouds around him and forced a cough. Waving his bony hand back and forth, he swiped at the air to try and figure out what was going on.

This little scenario was getting real old, real fast. He couldn't quite remember what he'd been doing before the sun's harsh reproach. His name was still within memory, and he knew he'd been conscripted into the Sunagakure military forces... It was after he stepped out from the Kazekage Tower that things got hazy. On one hand, he remembered only vaguely having very crass conversation with a beautiful blonde superior officer... Though, "Superiors" were all the same, faceless, meaningless, clinging to titles and the opinions garnered along with them. Perhaps he imagined the whole event, if he hadn't then there was a chance he could be completely wrong about said superior... But, taking chances wasn't really in his nature when it came to social decisions.

He remembered some weird things happening. but ultimately it all seemed like one bad night of drinking and hallucinations. The problem, was that he hadn't the slightest idea where in the village he was now. Cracking his neck loudly from left to right, he lurched forward and rose to his feet. The leather jacket he usually wore was quickly pulled off, as the material had become hot and near sticky. Junnan's emaciated frame revealed ribs as well as each and ever single bump along his spinal column, one could only imagine if he had any intestines or stomach at all. With the jacket in his right hand, he swirled it around and shouted out. "Hey! Where the fuck is this?!" Before he could continue, he'd pause and look around once again.

He happened to be on one of the highest buildings, out of the remaining ruins that is. Sand was everywhere though, as if the sandstorms were completely irreverent towards Sunagakure's past efforts. With his left hand he tugged at the waist of his jeans, frowning and hopping up and down twice or so. "Damn it! I've got a sand in my arse!!!" Well, this wasn't going to be a generic first meeting for whoever stumbled upon this odd scene. I mean... He looked like a zombie standing atop a place that he logically shouldn't even be able to reach. What a day...
[MFT]
WC: 455​
[Click signature for link to profile/physical description.]

Sunaku Harupia

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Heh... while Harupia was someone who was all for change, he had to say after his long absence the saying "The more things change the more they stay the same" seemed all to true right now...though in a good way. Even as he saw the changes which happened he could still recognized the village well...though he could appreciate the change that underwent. If only he could have helped more...still, he tried to not beat himself over it too much. That wouldn’t do anyone really good to be honest. He was back home, shaved, in relatively good health if not counting some of the...abnormal encounters he had. Perfect time for a stroll to take into he village.

There was still work to be done with rebuilding the village. He was by the debris of the communications towers, which still wasn’t quit rebuilt. Still, it was slowly but surely forming back into its former glory...quite inspiring to see something destroyed in such a n unceremonious way be slowly reconstructed... though random curse words from seemingly nowhere spoiled the mood a bit. A bit of looking around did point out a probable source...hmm, a lone man on top of the structure, screaming in confusion about where he was. Someone must have been having an interesting day.

Haru himself was quite keen to learn more. Partially curiosity, partly wondering if the man needed help to get down...and well...there was the slight itch telling him to be weary of whatever the man could be up to. But he tried to not assume the worst...for now at least. While the building was high, it didn’t take much time to levitate up using his sand cloud. Just in time to hear the comment about the sand in the...posterior. Blinking a bit, Harupia would say "Erm...I’ll try to not get any more on you?" stepping of his desert nimbus as it dissipated down into the air behind him. After a moment Harupia said "Besides that issue, are you ok? The shout sounded like you needed some...assistance?" he concluded actually taking a look at the man. He had to say, he was quite curious to find out how someone in that shape managed to get up here...his hangovers were a lot less mobile he had to say.

Mft, Wc= 379

Yudaya Junnan

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Since he was busy hopping up and down, cursing his misfortune, he was completely unaware of the ascending peer. By the time he heard the first word he'd stop as if turned to stone. Only his head seemed to move, turning and looking over his shoulder as the stranger hopped off a dissipating cloud of...Sand? The guy seemed pretty ordinary, nothing really standing out about him except for the fact that he didn't really stand out. Most people had something about them, but this dude? Well, sure he was easy enough to identify, but if he hadn't seen it himself there was no indicator of geokinesis capabilities. At the first sign of concern, Junnan turned around dropped his arms at his side and smirked.

"It's an expression dummy." With a mumble he shook his right leg one more time, and a small pile of sand formed at his pant-leg. "Do I look like I need help? I'm clearly not a baby, or retarded, or dea- Well, I'm still trying to figure out the last part, but don't tell anyone. I have a feeling these dolts will try killing me just to see what's what. Ya' get me?" Looking left and right with squinted eyes, it was like he was glaring back at hidden observers. Instantly a wild smile tore his face asunder, cracking his lips and revealing the darker green flesh beneath. "Don't worry about those dudes though. Who're you, and what's this place?" Clear as muddy waters was it that he was indeed in need of help, and in unfamiliar territory. Maybe it would have been better to state his allegiance and rank, but those newly acquired things slipped his mind entirely at that moment.

[Sorry for the wait, some important stuff popped up unexpectedly.]

Sunaku Harupia

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Well...by now Harupia was quite sure he did NOT want any of whatever this guy had before getting here. Tough perhaps he might have been to harsh...he didn’t quite feel any unusual scent...then again, it possible by the time he got here any traces of booze or whatever could have gone away. Disregarding the first comment he would say "Well when somebody shouts that he doesn’t know where he is, while being on top of a relatively tall building, I think you could understand I was at the very least curious why you were here... and if perhaps there wasn’t someone who’d dragged you here by force..." Perhaps by the dolts he mentioned? Though Haru wasn’t quite sure who he meant, looking around from side to side...as if there was some kind of invisible audience in the Sunan skies.

To be completely honest the whole disheveled appearance made him look like someone who indeed needed some assistance. especially that smile... That green was not healthy. Some kind of side effect of a specific jutsu ability? Radiation sickness? Absinth? A reptilian person? He hoped not, considering the last one he met...Trying to keep the random thoughts aside he caught a bit before saying "The Name's Harupia, a Jounin in this fair village. And you are on top of what used to be the communications tower of the village, which we are trying to rebuild... Pardon the curiosity, but could you perhaps mention how you to here in the first place? And besides that pesky send, are you feeling ok? You seem...tired looking to be quite honest" Yeah..That was a nice way of putting it...he hoped.

Yudaya Junnan

Yen
ASP
Deaths
This guy had a point, any innocent passerby with do-good tendencies would stop by and see what's what. The problem was, something lodged in the deepest pits of his mind told him that such people were a rarity. Irregardless of the depths his consciousness swam to, his outward appearance remained aloof and unceremonious. At the mention of him being maybe dragged away, his face quickly showed disbelief to convey an "As If" expression. The man's name and basic information weren't withheld, which was a good sign, even if every word could have been a total lie. "Harupia? Never heard that one before, but I've doubt you've met another Junnan so that's fine." Little did he know of another man with a similar name and entirely different agenda lurking in another hidden village.

Turning away from Harupia as if no longer immediately concerned with his presence, Junnan surveyed the area once more. "Communications, huh?" He sounded both wistful and lost in thought. "To tell you the honest truth I don't have any idea how I ended up here." The rise and fall of his shoulders indicated a shrug, the pointed bones threatening to break skin simultaneously. "The last thing I remember was walking out of some place called the Kazekage Tower, I was conscripted there after- Detainment." The lingering pause allowed for the imagination of either man to ponder what it all meant. "I'm assuming we're still inside the village then..." Crouching down to look over the horizon, his thin fingers brushed against the discarded leather jacket and closed around its collar.

On one hand, it appeared he hadn't returned the decency of sharing his name, but that would have been a misconception. "I don't really understand the ranks, or know the differences, but the stiffs back at the tower made me a Genin. There was some explanation, but all I heard was 'Blah, blah, blah, you're a soldier for us.' and that's all that matters." Since he hadn't really said anything about his appearing to be tired, there would be suspicion that it was true even as he stared off into the distance without irises or pupils... Something about his face reeked of exhaustion. "Whatever." Suddenly he stood up, briskly and without the smallest sign of discomfort. Leaning forward, he rocked back and then forward again as if contemplating a dive. "That means we're comrades, and with that Genin crap being the lowest of the low, you're automatically my senpai. So, senpai, what's the purpose of the Hidden Sand Village?" Would the sharp psychological turn be expected, or well-received?

Edit: Minor amendments that do not affect Harupia's post whatsoever.

Sunaku Harupia

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Hm...seemed the guy took a bit of offence to the suggestion someone forced him to be here. So it was a consensual visit...or he was to out of his mind to remember and played tough to save face. regardless, at least he was kind enough to introduce himself as well...in a roundabout way. He had a pint, a name like Junnan didn’t cross his path up to this point.

He wasn’t sure how long this conversation would keep up...the man was so skinny it seemed his bones were threatening to pierce his skin...Still, he seemed to open up slightly about his situation...as worrying as what he said sounded. Detention? was he a prisoner? Were they in such hot water they were taking out people from contain to bolster ranks? No, it couldn’t be that...perhaps it was a foreigner who was kept in, but was then joined into he village ranks? plausible...if a bit odd. Then again, he knew a lot less then he should about everything going on in the village as of late.. These thoughts aside he said "yep, you inside the village...I assume you were probably asked not to leave?"

In the meantime he explained a bit more about his situation. A genin...he was pretty grown to be one of them, but again, if this was some kind of foreigner or...special case, for whatever reason, it made sense they gave him the lowest rank possible. he wonder how much it would matter of him regardless. He was about to say something before the man stood up, with a decent spring to his step, swaying back and forth... Haru wasn’t sure if he had someone on potential suicide watch , but still tried to carry on a normal as possible "Well, that is true in a weird way...though Ill understand if you don’t want to call me anything like that..." he paused a bit as he heard the question. By now it was really hard for him to tell whether it was serious or was he laughing up the concept of Haru begin his superior. After a bit he said "Well, similar to any of the other villages. Train those ale and willing to be at their best physical hope, harness their inner strengths, and then aid the people of the village and those outside who offer a fair reward"

Mft, Wc 391

Yudaya Junnan

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The tanned bloke didn't seem to be much of a bad guy at all. When he asked about Junnan's ability to enter and exist the village, he'd stop rocking and thumb his nose. "Actually, it's pretty much the opposite. I don't have to go back at all, so long as I don't leave the country. Report in once in a while, any jobs I take are paid to the village and I get my cut. Sweet deal for me, I like playing by my own rules any way man." He'd have nothing to say about the whole 'Senpai' ordeal, as it wasn't an important matter. What was though, was the answer to his question which he awaited very patiently.

As Harupia began to divulge his personal understanding of the village's goals, Junnan's face steadily transformed. Neither indifference nor amusement remained, but rather mild irritation. "So, you have absolutely no fucking clue. That's great. I guess I'll have to eventually go over your pay grade, and hear what's what from who's who at the top. I mean seriously dude, that sounded like it was rehearsed for an old war propaganda flick." There was a brief snicker, but in a manner that greatly implied it wasn't direct at Harupia, but the situation itself. "Don't you consider that there might be a bigger reason behind all this? If our goals are simply the same as everyone else's then we may as well just form a coalition." While that might have sounded like a good idea, Junnan didn't seem too interested. "Surviving is something even worms do without much assistance..."
[MFT]
WC: 266​
[Sorry about the delay, I lacked internet for a while. Expect that to be a regular thing though, so it's no big deal.]

Sunaku Harupia

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Hmm..He couldn’t help but feel his question was misunderstood a bit…but he knew enough. So basically the strange fella was another shinobi… Even if he had a bit of a low rank for someone his age…or, well, looking like someone who’s aged quite a bit…and has seen a lot of things.

To be quite honest, Haru didn’t pay too much mind to his own answer, not really sure what was the intention of the one speaking to him. But his response was something he imagined he could hear. As Junan stopped talking he said he let out a bit of a chuckle as he said “Heh…strange how the notion of a coalition is something people laugh at. The thought we might be able to see past our differences and actually pool our strength and resource to do something better rather than play fisticuffs about who’s actually got the biggest… chakara reserves. Such a hilarious idea”

Taking a brief pause Haru sat on the side of the building, letting his feet dangle over the edge as he said “To be quite honest I rather sound like a propaganda piece then an edgy teen who thinks he’s got the world actually figured out. A bigger purpose…you mean what, satisfying the will of some god? Becoming some kind of massive deity yourself? If you read our history it doesn’t seem the god life is that glamorous let me tell you…”

He looked down from the tower, at the people walking down the streets as he spoke once again “I’d really like to just do stuff that would keep me happy. And I know that given my position in the world, I could possible do a lot to make sure everyone else can be happy as well. I think trying to keep everyone in this little slice of the desert safe and happy is quite a big task…a daunting one at times…I mean, as far as I know worms don’t usually have to deal with element wielding creatures, explosives and eldritch abominations burrowing deep down to their holes just because for some reason they feel slighted by their existence huh?” He paused briefly turning to the other person “Fair warning, I tend to ramble quite a bit once I get going. So, what do you think a Shinobi life should be about?"

Mft- WC= 387

(also sorry for the delay, Holiday stuff. I should be posting more consistently now)

Yudaya Junnan

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Harupia's little chuckle showed that he at least had a sense of humor where all this was concerned. The following statement was one that revealed even more, some depth to the man's intelligence that surpassed the limitations of his initial answer. Not feeling at all in conflict with what was said, a welcoming laugh escaped Junnan's chapped lips. "Nah man, don't get it fucked up. I'm pretty sure if all the nations could get together and form an alliance against evil, that'd be the best thing to happen to the planet in history. I'd love that shit, dude just imagine it!" There was a wistful look in his eyes, despite their lacking pupils or irises, staring off into the horizon that reflected off his blank eyes.

"My point was, that they've never had that intention and it don't seem like they're planning on it any time soon. The whole reason they can't work together is none of them really have the same goal, and even if they do it's on opposing sides of that goal. The simplest example I can give you, is the way every government or institution in this world wants 'Power', all the same basic goal. They go about it in different ways, but seeking the same end. Some will do anything to achieve that, while others have their moral guidelines." His voice trailed off somewhere during the mid-point, and Harupia would only really catch it if he was truly listening at all. Instead, Junnan remained silent as his new comrade sat beside him, and listened to what came next. It brought a broad smile that creased the outer-corners of Junnan's eyes.

"I like to think I sound more like a world-weary veteran as opposed to an optimistic child that still believes the lies they were breastfed." The interjection was short and sharp, but he wasn't finished. "Satisfying the will of a God is only worthwhile if that God is The Most High God. It seems counterproductive to align yourself with anything less... " There was a pause, and a look of surprise as though Junnan himself was taken off guard by the words that came from his near rotting mouth. In truth, he could not. His memory hadn't returned, and there was little other than a gut feeling that forced his tongue. Shifting things back to the primary tone, Junnan carried on. "As for the rest of your spiel, I can't fault you much for any of it. Good shit, I mean it. I understand it's complicated 'round these parts. It ain't easy to keep order where none has existed, but really that's what the fuck happens when you try to deal with the symptoms instead of the source. The symptoms will always come back, and you'll always need another hit o' that medicine to placate the disease." A smirk ripped into his left cheek, green lips now closed in thought.

As if pantomiming, the bony green man pretended to inject his forearm with a needle and feign pain. "If you understood what caused the disease in the first place though, you could hit both the symptoms and the cause at once. Preventing any relapse." The analogy ended, but he had more to answer to. "Just consider your warning sent right back at ya' man. I mean, I don't pretend to know what shinobi life is all about, and I don't actually give a fuck bro." The blunt words thumped against the psyche like a bull in a porcelain market. "I'm more concerned with what life is about... I know I'm a shinobi now, the same way an officer is now in service of the state. That doesn't change the fact that before that, I still had life. That there's still things outside of my occupation that are important, and that I can't define myself entirely by some job description. I can't even pretend to just to make my superiors feel comfortable. So fuck it." Shrugging and rocking back he sat down with a plop beside Harupia.

As if glitching, Junnan shrugged once against. "I just want to do the right thing. Not right by me, or by you, or by anyone's standards. Just... Objectively..." With that, he fell silent and tilted his chin down as he looked down into the depths of the communications' ruins.
[MFT]
WC: 722​

Sunaku Harupia

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Well, it seems the person on top of the tower did not mind him rambling at all…it only seemed to drive him on. Which wasn’t something Harupia was mad about…in spite of his initial worry, this wasn’t a compactly lost cause…well it probably was arguable who would be more of a lost cause, an idealistic dreamer or a someone thinking himself a realist so down to earth they were stuck with their head in the ground. Fortunately it didn’t seem Junann wasn’t like that. At least he thought so…

As he listened him speak he couldn’t help but see how peculiar he was, taking the appearance aside. Vulgar, but eloquent. Seemingly ready to mock, but also open to trying and understanding someone. Also apparently religious…a fact which seemed to surprise Junnan himself, at least if his strange reaction to his own words was anything to go by. Almost seemed surprised he said that…watching this man seemed to unravel more secrets then it uncovered.

After he went silent Haru spoke “Heh…power…such a fickle thing. Believe me or not I never did much care about it. I remember I spent more time trying to hide from my dad when he wanted to train then actually doing the actual exercise…it wasn’t until my mom showed me I can use my talents in a less…brutal fashion did I actually stat focusing on mastering Ninjutsu” he mused, absentmindedly forming the sand in the air into a shape of a small mouse, sitting at his palm “A member of a big family, and a talented Shinobi to boot. I bet a lot of people would like to be in my shoes…probably imagining how they could have used my connections and abilities to get some actual political standing… I sometimes wonder if my peers don’t sneer seeing me bum as a jounin, imagining that in my place they would be the head of one of the branches, heck, maybe even the Kage!” he said in a tone which seemed both boastful, and at the same time mocking the idea of him being in such a positon.

Dismissing the sand construct he said with a sigh “And yet…maybe if I tried to gain more power, I could do more for the village? Maybe I could have been able to do more and stop the attacks that happened? Maybe if I were in the right place and time, by hook or by crook, the Cabal would be rooted out before this happened?” he mused as he looked down at the village still being rebuilt “Do the right thing…That’s what everyone wants to do I think…Well, most of us, I imagine. The Cabal couldn’t shut their mouths about how they were doing the right thing and how we wronged them and their masters. Heck, even some Sunans were saying they were right. At least those who weren’t dealing with the effects of the carnage they unleashed…”

Turning to Junnan to speak directly to him he asked “You think there is something like that? An Objective thing to do things? Like, no matter how many people may be hurt along that way, doing things one way will lead to the best result? You mentioned serving the mightiest god…you really think there is some kind of deity who is overlooking all this? And more importantly, if he’s ideas are any good? My experience is a bit limited, but deity like beings seem to be massively overrated as far as I could experience…” This was truly a bizarre conversation…but he was interested to see just where it would lead him to.

MFT, WC= 598

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back