Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Saving lives (Selfmodded Solo Mission)

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The call had come to the hospital. An outer area had an aggressive bacterial problem with a blood component involved. According to Intel some form of airborne bacteria that attacks the bloodstream of children had plagued a part of Soon's Haven for a while now and something had to be done in order to stop it spreading. Kurokawa was still looking for chances to prove that she had what it took to become a full fledged medical ninja, and a decease that attacks the bloodstream was just the kind of situation that she could be said to be uniquely qualified to handle. For now she would travel to the affected area to find out how bad it was and what could be done.

Arriving at the Ivory wall she would show her credentials before being guided towards the area of interest. They had been expecting her after all. Upon arrival she learned that they had isolated the children at a nearby infirmary after determining that adults were not affected, and the children that were far enough away from contamination had been evacuated to a different location in Soon's. Those in the risk zone had been quarantined, albite in a different building than those definitely sick. At first sign of symptoms they would be moved to the sick ward.

Kurokawa would have to decide whether the most important thing would be to save the ones who had been sick the longest or make sure that those in the quarantined area did not end up becoming sick. The Bacteria would affect everyone differently with mortality setting in anywhere from 24 hours after first symptom and up to a month after. That is the range of lifespans the deceased had left after showing symptoms at least, so there was no telling what factors would decide the time one had left or if it could indeed progress faster than so far observed.

Kurokawa decided to help the ones already sick first while sending a clone to the quarantine ward to make sure she knew if anything changed there. Since the disease was lethal, far fewer children were situated at the sick ward and they were taking up a lot of space due to the need to be kept separate. She decided to free up some space by using her unique Store the Weak ability to absorb the 3 weakest children. This would let Hemorian figure out how best to treat the decease on a larger scale while curing the 3 children over a period of 24 hours, removing the risk of them passing away.

We'll know more tomorrow but you should focus on triage for the ones still left in this ward until I have isolated the antibodies needed for a cure and possibly a vaccine.<i></i>

Noted. The 3 weakest are inside. I could have the staff situate the rest in rooms close to the main hall and use a healing song to keep them from getting worse while entertaining them for an hour or two. That should help them make it through the night.<i></i>

Kurokawa would contact the staff to set her plan in motion. With her help the 3 rooms now empty were decontaminated over the course of an hour so that 3 of the 5 remaining sick children could be moved within earshot of her song. After that she entertained the children with her enthralling voice, both attempting to heal them somewhat and make them forget this dire situation. After the concert she would retreat to get some rest and let Hemorian do his thing. Exhausted from the days work she would take up one of the sick beds in the hospital and dispel her clone before falling asleep to confirm that no new cases had arisen.

[First part of the mission]
[MFT]
[WC: 626]
[Jutsu used:
CRPG: Store The Weak
Hashigaki Bloodline Jutsu: Fevre De Pitch
Medical A-rank Jutsu: Pristine Aura]

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Re: Saving lives (Solo Mission)

The following day Kurokawa used the decontamination baths before exiting the Sick ward and finding a suitable deserted place. She would first check on Hemorians progress so that she could avoid spreading the disease should their efforts have been in vane.

Talk to me. What is the status?<i></i>

Preliminary testing didn't show any major risks associated with the disease. I have Isolated the antibodies needed to fight off the early symptoms of those not yet in full outbreak mode. I have also made it so that anyone not infected will become immune to the effects. The ones in full outbreak however need to be stored to get cleansed. I would advice against this though. The bacteria has shown an extraordinary resilience to my powers and it's likely to mutate if you get exposed too much while cleansing it. It's a risk you will have to consider. Also should it mutate, it could become something that affects those above the age of 12 as well and could possibly even affect you. If you become ground zero you need a contingency plan so that it does not spread while we fight it off. Proceed with caution.<i></i>

Kurokawa had not given much thought to mutative properties of the bacteria when she took on this job. At least the 3 children currently stored inside her were healed completely and if they could not manufacture a cure she would be the only hope the remaining 5 would have, as well as anyone who didn't get the vaccine in time. For now she would return the 3 kids to their families. They were no longer in danger and could not become sick from this particular type of the disease again. After delivering them she went hunting for some criminal scum to off and devour. Hemorian had not been fed for a long time and she would also need a lot of extra blood in order to manufacture the vaccine. Fortunately she didn't have to look for long before she found 3 thugs holding up a young woman, with intension of stealing her money and using her body. Without saying a word Kurokawa would split in 3 and pounce on their shoulders from high up forcing them all to the ground. The young woman would be told to get out of here if she wanted to be safe, and after a thanks she would leave. Kurokawa would then drag the 3 towards a deserted alley before diving into the meal. Only a third of the blood would be needed to help the children and since Hemorian was very low on energy he got as much as he needed to replenish. The rest was infused with the antibodies so that she would be able to deliver it directly. She stored a little from each of the victims as they had separate blood types and she didn't know what kind the children would need.

After gathering materials she returned to the quarantined area to help the the children there. She learned that another one had been rushed to the Sick Ward, so she quickly distributed the blood to the remaining to least allow them to return to their families the next day. She would then take another decontamination bath before heading heading out into the nearby down to treat any child in the area who had escaped the disease. Would not want this to spread after she left and since it was airborne there was no telling how many were actually affected. At least it wasn't contagious pre outbreak, and had an incubation period however variable and volatile it might be. She had brought some blood packs with her from the Hospital to make sure she had enough.

After a long days work she would return to the Sick Ward and once again Store the 3 weakest children before falling asleep from exhaustion.

[Second part of the mission]
[MFT]
[WC: 644]
[No new medically relevant Jutsu used]

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Re: Saving lives (Solo Mission)

The next day Kurokawa decided to inform the staff of the dangers involved with cleansing this particular disease this way. She told them that in case something happened to her she would attempt to temporarily seal herself in and that if possible the staff should dump the result outside of town just to be safe. For now she had 3 children currently getting better and 3 others to sing for to try and keep healthy until she could start the actual treatment. The one brought in at the latest seemed to progress more rapidly than the others and needed special attention. Since he came in so late Kurokawa had not taken him the day before as someone else was off worse for wear at the time.

By midday Kurokawa did nothing but tend to this one boy trying to avoid him passing away, but he kept coughing up more and more blood until eventually he started coughing up lung tissue and suffocated in a pool of his own blood. Loss was not uncommon in this line of work and Kurokawa had lost people before, but it still stung when it happened and it always led to second guessing. Did one of the 3 she was currently incubating have a better chance of making it till tomorrow? Could she have gone through it without losing anyone if she had waited with the Storage until morning? For now she would have to focus on what was actually within her control.

By evening she could deliver another 3 healthy children back to their family and bad news to a fourth family. She quickly returned to the hospital. The sooner she was done the sooner she could get back home.

From the 2 previous cleansing I recommend you leave the last two to their fate. Chances are above 85% that you will be affected on continual exposure.<i></i>

Can't just abandon the rest. You can monitor my status. If something happens, cloak me up and lets use the Sanguine Shield to make a capsule to contain me. I have confidence that with enough time you can prevail, but the contamination part is another thing entirely.<i></i>

Running the risk, Kurokawa would absorb the last 2 children and while waiting for them to be healed she would confirm that the disease had been contained well enough to not break out again. The next morning would bring no new surprises and the children were safely returned to their families. Afterwards Kurokawa would get the paperwork out of the way and help a few researchers synthesise a more publicly available vaccine for infants in the future.

Kurokawa headed out into the desert to return to the village when she suddenly felt herself crying. Being far from Soon's by now she removed her head garment to wipe her eyes only to discover that the water felt thicker than it should, Shortly after she started coughing up blood and as planned shielded herself in a cocoon of hardened blood to try and hibernate and wait it out. As she finally emerged from the cocoon it was dark out, and she didn't have much of her time sense left. She knew she had left Soon's while it was still light outside so she would have been here for at least 12 hours judging from the sky.

Finally You wake up. Was beginning to think you would keep me waiting a whole week.<i></i>

A week? How long was I even out?<i></i>

The better part of 4 days. We need to get back before you run out of energy.<i></i>

Not wasting time Kurokawa set off to get back to the village in a rush, but had to employ the help of a caravan on the way due to exhaustion.

[Third and final part of the mission]
[MFT]
[WC: 625]
[Topic left and mission done.]

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back