Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Self-Promotion [Private RP]

Zangywai Katoma

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Katoma was in the center of the streets, with a stack of flyers he had hand-printed earlier today. He lathered the back of the poster in adhesive, and pasted it on the wall. Written in bright red ink on carbon paper were the words “REJECT FALSE AUTHORITY.”

He continued this for a while, spreading the posters on the walls and boards of the town. As the leader of the Shin Sekai Kiritsu, which was no more than a one-man-organization as of now (regrettably, some former supporters had been lost), he needed to at least spread their ideals.

He was wearing his Shin Sekai Kiritsu cloak, as a bit of self-promotion. It was an ornate robe, charcoal black with a large read heaven seal curse mark adorning the back, and a small pattern of them on the sleeves. The seal was more metaphorical than anything, but it did tie into the organization’s final goal.

The pale prince had been spreading his posters around for hours now, so he decided to take a momentary rest on a limestone bench. He placed the posters to his side and pulled down his hood, taking in a breath of the chilly, yet slightly stale, air.

Noke Gurochi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
“REJECT FALSE AUTHORITY”

Gurochi read the posters pasted around the village, they all said the same thing. But unfortunately, they said nothing else. He decided to just follow the path of posters until hopefully he ran into something of notice.

After a few minutes something caught his eye; a kid sitting on a bench with a pile of the posters lying next to him. He must be the one putting them up, either that or he had been working hard to take them down. He decided to go with his first guess.

He approached the bench, casting a shadow over the cloaked individual.

“So whats all this about rejecting false authority and whatnot?” Gurochi motioned to some posters nearby hanging on the walls. This notion of false authority intrigued him. It’s not every day you hear about a corrupt figurehead, let alone some one speaking out against em.

Zangywai Katoma

Yen
ASP
Deaths
”It means they don’t care about you. The Sunagakure political system is built on falsely promoted shinobi who know more about fighting than they do about how to keep people well fed and distribute the wealth. This authority is all fabricated and forced; they’ve built false idols to appease you.”

A conspiracy theorist through and through; He still hadn’t forgotten those events regarding the steward Kazekage that was elected in what he considered to be dishonest. Were there more corrupt systems? Possibly. But Katoma considered it his civil duty to kill corruption. Corruption of a good system killed his family; though he honestly knew it was justified, he wanted a trial.

”So, are you some Anbu or what? Or did the flyers actually work and spark a little interest and curiosity?”

Noke Gurochi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
”No, I’ve just always wanted to talk to a crazy guy.” Gurochi laughed at his own pathetic attempt at humor before slowly realizing that his joke was probably more offensive than funny.

”Ahem… Uh, no but seriously. Those posters did pique my interest a little.” Gurochi sat down next to Katoma on the bench. ”Sunagakure is the only place I’ve found in my travels that I can genuinely call home. If someone is threatening my home, Mother Suna, then I want to help in any way I can.” Gurochi looked up at the sky and thought to himself;

I can’t afford to lose another home… not after I finally settled down here… but what is he’s wrong? He could just be some random conspiracy theorist. I don’t wanna jump to any conclusions here.

”You got any evidence to support this claim of political corruption? If you want people to believe you then you’re gonna need to give em something to stand on, so to speak.”

Zangywai Katoma

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Katoma ignored the remark. He’d let this one go, he had bigger fish to fry than dealing with some awkwardly placed humor.

”I'm glad you're interested, and I'm even gladder that you asked. The Steward was enough evidence. The bureaucrats shoved him into a position of power without consulting the people. They keep the Anbu around to serve the law, not the people, and the Kazekage, with few limitations, controls the law. Therefore, the Anbu are meant to silence the voice of the oppressed and glorify the Kazekage. The Kazekage is out for power, and refuses to accept that the oppression they dish out is unnecessary and cruel.”

”When was the last time you saw the Kazekage help a person, or play an active role in politics? When was the last time the Anbu actually helped people? The Anbu are bloodthirsty frauds.”

Katoma could go on and on and on with his conspiracy theories. He was sort of a nut about it, and even he could see it sometimes. It didn’t decrease the validity he saw in his opinions though. As far as he was concerned, they were valid as ever. He still hadn’t put all the pieces together, though, but his gut instinct refused to prevent him from continuing his investigations and spreading word of what he believed in.

”That is my evidence.”

Noke Gurochi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Gurochi looked at the ground and thought too himself for a second after hearing this kid’s testimony. It was true that Gurochi was none too fond of the ANBU himself, and maybe that’s why this story seemed so easy to believe. Either way, he felt this sort of… gut feeling… that this kid could very well be right. Even if he was wrong, it looked like this kid was heading in the direction of some mishaps and scraps, and theres nothing Gurochi loved more than a good fight. Besides, it wouldn’t hurt to have an ally backing him up.

”Well alrighty kid, it’s your lucky day. You’ve convinced me.” Gurochi stood up and stretched. ”Not too fond of the ANBU myself, so if theres an excuse to take em down, I’m with yah.” The giant extended his hand to help his friend stand up and too shake his hand.

”The name’s Gurochi of the Noke family, swordsman extraordinaire. I also dabble in hand-to-hand combat and have an impressive slew of Jutsu at my disposal. I use Earth Jutsu as both a defense to defend myself and my allies, and use my Fire jutsu to deal out heavy damage against my foes. If we happen across a demon, leave it to me. Demon hunting was my family’s specialty and I’m the best there is. You have my full support kid, I’ll follow you to the grave if I have too!”

Gurochi, if nothing else, was loyal and held the value of honor in high regard. When the Nokes agreed to protect some one, they’d protect them till the end. Gurochi flashed a smile at his new ally Katoma.

”I got a feeling we’re gonna be great friends.”

Zangywai Katoma

Yen
ASP
Deaths
”Don’t push your luck, I don’t make friends.” Yes he did.

Katoma grinned just a bit, nodding. ”I think I’m going to like you, Gurochi. I use fire jutsu as well; though I’m somewhat of an expert at radiation and genjutsu.” A swordsman in Suna? That took discipline; the heat, the lack of steel without import, and yet it was ideal. The dry air kept blades from oxidizing over time due to humidity. That was definitely a plus.

”You’re awfully quick to follow a cause; though, it’s a worthy one. I won’t look a gift horse in the mouth.” He was suspicious, of course. He could be an undercover Anbu. But at the same time, he could take the risk. True, they could charge him for spreading what would be considered propaganda. But that would just get him a little knick, maybe a bit of distrust. Though, he was a bit paranoid of that.

”I too am a bit of a demon hunter; a spiritualist, to be precise. But moving on, how do I know I can trust you? Honestly, you seem a bit suspicious, no offense.” Offense. ”You can’t blame me for being just a tad apprehensive, you know. Not everyone has my ideals, you know, and we’re a young organization.”

Noke Gurochi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
”To be honest, you don’t know you can trust me.” Don’t worry, he was going somewhere with this. ”But cmon. A little guy like you? A one man organization? I think you could use the company.”

It was true Gurochi sorta jumped the gun on joining Katoma, but he was sick of not having any friends in this entire village and the cause seemed noble enough. Why not?

Zangywai Katoma

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Katoma pursed his lips and gave a sort of inquisitive look. ”Well, I could use the help and whatnot, and your interest seems genuine. However, I’m afraid trust is just something I don’t have in surplus, Noke.” He paused for a moment. ”I won’t look a gift horse in the mouth. You may join the ranks. But don’t complain if I seem just slightly suspicious of you. Don’t think it’s your fault.”

He stood up, grinning a bit. ”I believe I have just the job to test your mettle. You see...” He lowered his voice. ”There’s a scroll I need, taken from my clan by Sunan vigilantes. My best guess is that they hid it away in the Scroll Locker with or without permission. It’s nothing too spectacular; just some biological notes on Barnyx I could use so I can study his diet and whatnot. You may just be the man to take care of this with me. Do you accept?”

Noke Gurochi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Gurochi of course knew that Katoma would not just willingly accept him into the organization. He knew there’d be a test of some sort. But this…? Notes on a giant dead snake about what it ate? This seemed like information that would definitely not be well guarded. That’s like putting an armed guard on post to guard some cookbook. But nonetheless he shouldn’t complain if it was an easy mission.

”Well alright, sounds simple enough. But if I may ask, why is this information guarded from the public? Gurochi asked, ”I mean, if it’s just information about some long dead snake then why should it be kept away from the populous?”

Zangywai Katoma

Yen
ASP
Deaths
”This dead snake was the ancestral God of my people. Information on his biology may give me the key to unlocking what it means to be godlike. Or maybe just give me another stepping stone on the path towards my goals.”

Katoma stood up, tucking the papers away in his cloak. He adjusted the black robes and brushed back the hair that was getting in his eyes.

”Besides, they’re not trying to keep it from the populous. They’re trying to keep it from me.”

He began walking out of the district, motioning towards Gurochi to follow him.

[Topic Left Unless Stopped]

Noke Gurochi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
”Godlike power, hidden secrets, black ops missions. Boy did I ever join the exciting team.” Gurochi followed after his new leader towards adventure. He couldn’t help feeling a little excited, he loved this sort of stuff. Fighting, anyway. He knew they’d meet opposition of some sort, even if it was just some low-ranking guards. He wanted a chance to prove himself more than anything, and what better way than by combat?

[topic left with Katoma]

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back