Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Shady business [solo B Rank]

Kirameki Naomi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Type of Mission: Solo Self-Mod
Mission Rank: B
Expected Participants: just me, the loneliness T.T
Brief Description: There have been rumors of a small scale smuggling operation bringing exotic wildlife into Earth Country without proper permits. Investigate and secure evidence. Do not engage.

The sun had yet to set fully, but some parts of the village were already cloaked in darkness. And if the rumors were true, Naomi thought to herself, the darkness might not be entirely natural. Even so, the girl hid her thoughts behind an impassive mask, navigating the streets like one who belonged there. Although the area was not as busy as during mid-afternoon, there were still plenty of people around, villagers and off-duty shinobi mingling to partake of the wide variety of meal options available, followed by some 'after dark' entertainment. In a district like that, nobody was in a hurry to ask questions, so it was the perfect place for less than legal transactions as well.

Naturally, a thirteen year old girl would appear quite out of place in the red light district. As such, Naomi was currently concealed under the Transformation technique, masquerading as a wealthy young woman in her mid to late twenties. As far as disguises went, it was only a physical appearance change; she had to adapt the personality and bearing herself, so it would not hold up to close inspection. It would probably be better if she had pretended to be a man, but Naomi had no confidence in being able to mimic the mannerisms of an adult male so she elected not to try. She was only going to investigate wildlife anyway, a rich young woman looking for a new pet probably fit the bill better than a man.

She stepped up to the establishment noted in her mission information; a brothel, like every other shop on the street. Suppressing her distaste, Naomi raised her nobility a few notches, entering with the cool confidence of somebody never took 'no' for an answer. She looked over the girls preparing for work and the prospective clients who were there in the waiting room, putting as much contempt into her gaze as she could muster. Dismissing them all as insignificant, she strode forward towards the doorway in the back that led deeper into the building. As expected, a burly man dressed in black moved to intercept her, blocking her path. 'The security, I presume.'

Her dark gray eyes looked him over dispassionately, though as expected, he did not budge. If the rumors were true, he'd probably be used to seeing and dealing with the decadent upper class. Luckily, it did not seem like he was a shinobi; those who had the skills to manipulate chakra were usually drafted in service to the village and wouldn't bother with such a low paying profession. Not that Naomi was earning much, but at least most of her other needs were provided for.

"Excuse me, miss-"

She cut him off, her tone authoritative and demanding. "I am looking for...a new pet. If you understand my meaning. A friend of mine told me this place had the best...quality." The mission information had not mentioned any sort of code or icon, so the girl had a moment of panic when the man did not respond right away. However, it appeared that her lines were close enough to what he was expecting to hear, as he did not question her further, merely nodding in assent and gestured for her to follow him into the back hallway.

The dim setting a stark contrast from the brightly lit exterior room. A little worried, Naomi summoned her chakra to her fingertips, ready to retaliate if things got violent. Instead of leading her further in, however, the man was rummaging around in a small cabinet, before straightening and holding out a stamped metal coin.

"My apologies miss. The shipment was delayed, so today's sale was cancelled. It also looks like the authorities are catching on, so we have had to implement some new safety measures. This coin will get you into the auction tomorrow night. Same time, same place."

Containing her relief, Naomi had to remind herself to maintain her upper class image. With a haughty glance down at the man's outstretched hand, she took a lavishly embroidered handkerchief (imitation goods) from a pocket and retrieved the coin. She debated for a moment whether to make some disparaging remark, but decided that imperious silence would be more suitable. With a sniff of disapproval, the girl spun and strode right back out of the shop, careful to project disgruntled nobility until the very end.

'It looks like there will be a new mission for tomorrow night as well.'

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back