Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Special Delivery in a Combat Zone [S-Rank SSM]

Kamaru

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Of the injured duo the more mobile and cleared member of the two offered to assist Kamaru, mostly he needed to report in but managing and watching out for Kamaru seemed doable. Kamaru wasn’t complaining on having another set of eyes watching to make sure he didn’t die. Fortunately the additional intel for the infection had areas readily available to test for on the recently infected, those not infected, and the infected and mutated. From the medical standpoint the longer one was in a mutated state the more complicated the reversal it seemed, it did partial put ‘threats’ into a more docile stage if the mutation wasn’t put fully into recession. For the most part Kamaru didn’t get it. He just knew he had to deliver something and finally stating such just got a simply yes. With his primary mission verified he got his traveling partner and left.

With a second set of ears with more secure access to comms they got better intel on the situation throughout the village. For the most part a large force was waiting for the inoculation before moving out. Unfortunately this got them into a similar situation all over again. This time Kamaru’s partner let him know the attacks were coming from a ‘ghost’ since attacks caused it to ‘fizzle and reappear somewhere else’ to just reek more havoc. Kamaru stopped and just looked at the man. Staring at an expressionless mask was odd Kamaru thought but all he really had to say was ‘Seriously?’ before shaking his head and moving out. They’d need to scout out the area in greater detail now. Kamaru was thankful when his partner explained himself to be adept at sensing and tracker. Granted the fact of his profession and the branch he was assigned to that made the most sense.

The discoveries they had made them scratching their heads a bit though and looking at each other for an explaination. They’d detect something at a distance only to have it vanish as they got close and show up somewhere else a short time later. Was it evading them with exceptional short range stealth when they would close in? Or was it really a Ghost? Moving around had them getting closer to their destination though. Once they stopped tracking constantly it seemed the ‘Ghost’ seemed to start to find them….

Refocused and with roles partially reversed they found themselves hiding from an unseen tracker it seemed at times that just could find them . ”This is getting ridiculous and we’re starting to make bad time.” the man commented to Kamaru who seemed distracted. Finally waiting more than a polite amount of time for some feedback he asked Kamaru if he was okay. Kamaru simply rubbed his eyes and kept staring off. ”Do you see a lady laying on a blanket over there with her shoes off next to it???” Kamaru finally asked. His partner came too look…
***​

Sabotage was going to plan, although no major success had been achieved yet they were all still guessing on what was going on. No major counters had started and they wouldn’t due to inability to sortie. Best way to keep the larger fighting force out of the fight… don’t let them fight. It was odd though since sniping attacks had been delayed somone was looking for them and they didn’t like it. Fading into nothing and remanifesting was taking too much time. When they seemed to stop looking they seemed to make a beeline for the building. That was bad, it was worse when looking for them since they seemed to disappear when they were almost found. It was becoming very complicated.

Suddenly sensing things blurred, odd sensation and sights, smells, sounds. Smells? someone was touching… Why is someone touching me! Someone’s touching me!

”W-w-w-what’s going on! Put me down, Let me GO! Ra-” she started to yell her voice getting higher pitched before suddenly pain.

”Shut up.” Kamaru ordered. ”No one’s trying to attack you so stay calm, and what kind of dumbass goes to sleep in an ally in the middle of the shit storm going on in the village now?” scolded the girl, ”There’s a lot of scary stuff going on. If you lay out in the open like that worse things can happen than what you thought was about to happen young lady.” the older of the two seemed to say looking around and talking to the other in quiet tone.

Were they trying to protect me? Wait had the older one insulted me too??? the young lady thought to herself still with her mouth agape. Kamaru had been carrying her over one shoulder her blanket and boots under his other arm. HIs assistant carrying something. The other one wa carrying a bag and they kept talking back and force. The small group she realized was headed towards the building she had been attacking.

It was hard to keep track of the conversation. She caught getting in though. And looking for the spotter. They finally stopped for a break and Kamaru had the other go ahead and scout the area. She explained she needed to sleep why not take advantage of having someone guard her body. As she slumbered the dreams came, the dream version of herself shifted into the real world and looked around. People were moving about, she had taken too long. The young one was moving back with other cloaked figures. Was he one of the one’s from the building? The older one by my body put a finger to his ear and looked and my body and started looking around pulling out a dagger suddenly. Was he going to kill me? My confusion continued when he stood over my body looking around his hand still on his ear a finger in it. Why was he staring at me now? I’m unseen… unnoticed…. not real. Is he trying to protect… my body from me? Why is he trying to protect the weakest part of me? That frail body.

Kamaru didn’t really expect it when it came but he trusted the warning he had received over comes of the Ghost.

”Why? Why do you protect that frail pathetic body? You could just as easily silence her just by putting a foot to her chest, not even a lot of pressure would be needed.” the Ghost version of the girl asked trying to understand.

”I don’t really know who she is or what her name is but anyone scatterbrained enough to take a nap in a combat zone is going to get themselves killed easily. I dont’ really need a reason to help people I want to help or protect people I want to protect. I have the time and power to help so I did… that’s all you need to know about it I guess. Are you here to harm her? I hope not since she seems to be having enough issues as is without it.” Kamaru replied.

It was confusing, frustrating, the mission was a failure it seemed now as well. Why? why would he do this for her. Maybe she could savage the mission, maybe ask him to get her body inside the building, attack from within…

More of the hooded ones showed up and he was asking them to take the girl and her things away, to an inn and to buy her better shoes. The one’s she had were very worn down, for boots the soles seemed paperthin. Get her a meal and a bit of money and bill him for it all… Why. It was confusing. The girl was invisible, everyone was mean to her, no one really listened to her, no on noticed her, no one cared if she was there. Why did he care? He didn’t know her, he couldn’t. If someone was nice to her for no reason what would happen to the dream her? the Ghost that walked manifested from those deep feeling of lonilessness of wanting to be seen, wanting power, wanting glory, wanting friendships but never having the courage to do anything except feed on her own feelings of lament and petty jealousies.

The ghost became visible and wept openly holding themselves. The dream girl slowly faded since mentally it seemed the real girl’s nightmare was over.

Shaking awake violently Kamaru look at her when she came to.

”You okay?” he asked with geniune concern while looking around for the odd ghost.

”Yeah… just a bad dream…” she muttered wiping away tears.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back