Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Surviving the Wild [Contract Search]

Akimichi Kato

Yen
ASP
Deaths
A ten year old boy sat quietly in a tree, watching the smoke rise from various fires in the city. His family was gone, and he was alone. His eyes quickly focused on the ground, as he saw a movement in the bush. A squirrel hopped cautiously out, and Kato was disgusted when the sight caused his stomach to growl. It had been 4 days now, since he fled the village during its siege, and just as long since he had eaten. He wasn’t much of a tracker, or a hunter, but the hungry boy knew that this sudden stroke of luck may have just saved his life. Kato used a kunai to kill the small rodent, and ended up losing much of the meat when he sloppily skinned the carcass. When it was cooked up, Kato had managed little more than a few mouthfuls for himself, leaving his stomach still growling, the petty morsels having only increased his hunger.

The boy curled himself up in the hollow of a large tree, and eventually found sleep. Fitful nightmares kept him from any real rest, and he tossed and turned until the first light of morning peeked into his little hideaway. He had no idea how he would find his family. To a 12 year old boy, the worry of living alone was tremendous. Frankly, Kato didn’t know if he was strong enough to make it.

Four Years Later

It was less than an hour to sunrise when Akimichi Kato dashed through the trees of a Lightning Country wood, heading to a nearby river he had found several weeks ago. He carried a simple and rudimentary spear with him, nothing more than a kunai affixed to a long branch, and paused momentarily as he cleared the tree line, and stepped into the open space by the river.

He had watched the river for hours when he first found it. It seemed like it had a pretty high population of fish, as he had watched various types of predators waiting by the water through all hours of the day. Not up to competing with bears, wolves, cougars and bobcats, Kato had decided to mine the river for his own uses before any other predators would be in his way.

”Oh ya, gonna be eating good tonight,” Kato muttered to himself quietly, ”Should have some left over to sell too.”</B><i></i>

The first rays of sunlight were barely beginning to peek over the horizon as Kato finished his work, stuffing another fish into a burlap sack. He picked his spear up again, thinking he might have time for just one more fish, when the snap of a twig caught his attention. The husky teen turned to see a large, sleepy looking bear waddling out from the trees. Kato calmly slung the sac of fish over his back, and began walking slowly in the opposite direction of the bear, trying his best not to attract the beast’s attention. Hopefully that was the only hungry carnivore nearby.

Kato was almost hidden in the shadows of the trees, when the bear caught the scent of the twelve large salmon Kato had caught. It let out a trembling roar, and began barrelling toward Kato. The young ninja moved to defend himself, and move out of the bear’s path, but he was too slow. The bear tackled the ninja-to-be to the ground, and began clawing and biting at the fish on Kato’s back.

The ninja dissolved into mud as the bear finally reached its target, and enjoyed a free meal.

“So much for the meal,” Kato sighed, as he sat in a tree near the river, watching the bear eat atop the remains of his mud clone. <B> “Guess it’s berries again till tomorrow… joy.”<i></i> he complained.

WC: 629

I would like to try for either the Bear or Canine contract please.

[MFT]

Akimichi Kato

Yen
ASP
Deaths
I Accept

Question though: Does the rp have to be set in the present or am I allowed ICly to have it be something that happened when he was a bit younger? Like setting it somewhere in the 4 year time lapse in my first post?

Akira Kazan

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S Rank
Dog_Overlord_zps13acf631.png

Caninecontract_zps98d50f24.png

Kimijun

Behind the boy, several meters, laid a monstrous Canine simply relaxing. With his head laid down, he watched the human before him. Somewhat chuckling, at the sight of this boy, or anything really, running from a common bear. Why he was here, well only he knew. He wasn't the type to simply lay around and relax, so of course the reason was something rather important. His Pack had grown thin, as his chain gained link after link. Today, his goal was to seek out someone and give them the opportunity of a life time. However, this opportunity came with trial and error. If they couldn't past his test, then they would not be allowed to join his pack.

After all, the pack was only as strong as its weakest member. Physically, anyone could become strong; but mental strength was something not many possessed. But this was exactly what Kimijun was seeking. Taking a moment, he finally spoke to the boy from behind. ”Afraid of a common bear, are we?” He asked in a rather sarcastic tone. If the boy turned, he would lay his eyes upon a rather large canine. In fact, Kimijin was twice the size of a normal Rottweiler. His fur is all black, except for a small patch of brown on his chest that was currently unseen. His voice sounded as if he was growling, however he wasn't.

[OOC: Nope, present day! Pm me everytime you post, so I'll respond asap. I don't mind multiple post a day either.]

Akimichi Kato

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Kato was startled by the deep rumble of a strange voice coming from somewhere not far behind him. It sounded like somebody was mocking his caution in trying to avoid being mauled by a wild bear. As he turned around to see who had come up behind him, Kato was startled by the form of a massive scary looking hell-hound and nearly fell from the tree. Focusing the chakra in his feet, the boy caught himself before he managed to fall, now standing upside down underneath the branch he had been sitting on moments ago. He immediately grabbed a kunai from his belt pouch and held it in front of his chest defensively as he eyed the massive canine lounging nearby. "The dog couldn't have just spoke... could it?" he thought to himself for a moment, scanning the area to try and see if the unnaturally large canine maybe had a master nearby who had spoken to Kato.

After a few seconds of searching, Kato saw nothing. The owner of that voice must be hiding somewhere nearby, and Kato felt like his current position was just a little more vulnerable than he would like. Kato hopped away from the branch, twisting slowly in the air as he landed crouching in the grass a few feet from the black dog. he still held his kunai at the ready, but other than that tried to make it appear as if his guard was down.

"Ya, its easy not to be afraid of bears when you got a giant freaking demon dog to protect you!" Kato shouted back, sure the person who had spoken to him was still within earshot. "Plus, you're hiding from me anyway, so are you afraid of the guy afraid of a 'common bear'?" he mocked back, hoping to provoke an attack so he would know where the canine's human companion was. When no attack came Kato swallowed a hard lump beginning to form in his throat. Sure he was scare,d he had no idea what kind of person controlled a beast like the one in front of him. he could be stronger than Kato and just toying with him... Kato could die today for all he knew. But oen thing he had learned over the last 4 years was that in order to survive he had to bury that fear. Kato's fear didn't let fear control his actions, but simply inform his decisions, and provide caution.

"Well come on then!"</B><i></i> he yelled, opening his arms wide, <B> "I outgrew hide and seek years ago."

Akira Kazan

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S Rank

Kimijun

The facial expression upon the face of Kimijun was a site to see. “Well, my brethren weren't exaggerating about how these humans react.” He thought to himself, as he watched the young boy move around all swift like. “Ahh, well at least this little brat is a Shinobi. He’ll do.” He told himself, with somewhat of an uncertain feeling. Raising his head from the ground, he looked directly at the young boy. A vicious aura would surround him, and shortly after shoot out into the area. The common bear that had chased the bear would roar, only to turn and run from the immediate area. Every animal, and being, within the area would feel this Aura except for the young boy. ”You little brat.” Spoke Kimijun. ”To accuse me of hiding and using someone else as safety measure is an insult, though you and many others are stupid about the world you live in. So, I’ll forgive you just once. Though, I am the beast before you. Drop your weapon, and come sit. I’ve got something to speak to you about.” He told the boy, as he sat up properly and watched the young boys reaction.

”To think, you live in a world where men can manipulate lighting, fire, wind, water, and the earth to their will, but for some reason a talking animal is impossible. Humans… are a special breed and not the pedigree kind either.” He said, before continuing and getting to the point. Right now, he would explain something to him that not many people knew. ”Brat, I am trying to expand my pack and today, you have an opportunity of a life time. I can grant you power, wealth, and bonds the likes of which you will never encounter. That is, if you pass my test. If you’re up for it, speak your name and your origins. I am Kimijun, leader of the pack.” He stated, to the young man before him. Rather or not this child could believe what was going on, he didn’t care. If he proved to be truly ignorant, he would simply leave and find another.

Akimichi Kato

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Nothing but silence had Kato confused, and the hell-hound seemed almost annoyed... or maybe hungry. Kato was hoping for annoyed. Then suddenly the bear from before let out a single roar, causing the already tensed Kato to nearly jump out of his skin, and then everything got quiet... and Kato heard an animal speak. The boy was more than a bit dumbfounded, and stared at the beast stupidly, like a young child being chastised. When the beast ordered him to drop the kunai and come sit, Kato didn't even have time to consider the danger of such a move, his body just sort of followed the orders on his own.

Kato wasn't entirely sure what was going on. One minute he's trying to get a meal, the next he's talking like actually talking with a giant canine, who is offering him power and wealth. "I wonder if I ate some funny mushrooms earlier..."<i></i> he thought, "or maybe I died and this is what the afterlife is like? Is this my judgement?"<i></i>

The boy sat there for a moment longer, pondering over the words the beast had spoken. As much as it was a hard to believe situation, Kato was certain he wasn't dreaming, hallucinating, or dead. Which meant this canine, and its offer were both for real. It seemed tempting, almost too tempting. The Akimichi wondered if it could be trap of some sort, but saw no reason for the beast to be deceptive. If it intended Kato harm, it surely could've ended his life any time now. Finally he cleared his throat and laughed, "What the heck, why not? I was always pretty good at taking tests."<i></i>

Akira Kazan

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S Rank

Kimijun

The child seemed interested, though he did not introduce himself and speak his origins. Already, this child was failing. He couldn't understand simple instructions, or at least he couldn't the first time around. Was he that dumb, or was he just shocked at the situation? In this world, many things happened that simply didn't make sense. The best ways to go about things were to think logically, and act. In this situation, that path had been laid for him. This was strike one, and obviously it already had sunk into Kimijun’s memory. ”I asked you to speak your Name and Origins, Brat. If you cannot follow directions, you will not pass this test.” He told him, with somewhat of a snarl. ”The pack is only as strong as its weakest member. Keep in mind, strength is not only measured in power, but in intelligence, attitude, character, and will. I will not allow you to join if you're a safety hazard to my brethren.” He told him, as he positioned his head closer to the boy, only to make direct contact. His mouth, now slightly smiling and exposing his vicious fangs.

”On top of telling me your name and origins, tell me about your mother, father, any siblings you may have, and your place of origins. Tell me about your relationship with them, all of them. I need details if I am to understand you.” He spoke, only before getting quiet and waiting. This was all a part of the test, and Kimijun was surely judging every word that would come out of his mouth. But in reality, what was he looking for in this boy? Some would say a sign of hope, but others would say nothing at all. To many, this situation would seem confusing. But to Kimijun, and the pack, this was critical.

Akimichi Kato

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Kato cursed himself as he realized that he had tuned out on an important bit of the canine's instructions, which left the beast looking none to pleased, "And still maybe hungry,"</I><i></i> he thought. The boy had resolved to keep his focus a little more on what Kimijun was saying, when he asked him about his siblings. A somewhat glazed look crept over his eyes for a moment, as his heart, more than his head, wrestled with what to say about his family. It was a complicated area for the boy, to say the least, and there was so much with his family he just wasn't sure of. But he had already failed to give an answer once, he had to come up with something.

"Apologies sempai," the boy said bowing his head till his nose almost touched the dirt, "I was a little distracted, but... I'm a little more focused now." The boy took a deep breathe and slowly exhaled. <I>"Where to start?" He supposed he could just start talking and let it all spill out. "I am Akimichi Kato, and my origins are... complicated. The short version is that I was a student at the ninja academy in Leaf village when everything there started to go to hell. People were dying and civilians and shinobi alike were fleeing the village, so I fled too. But my family... I guess that's gonna be the long version."

Kato looked down at his lap, as he ran a hand through his hair, not wanting to look at Kimijun in case telling this part of his story brought tears to his eyes. He played in the grass and dirt with his finger as he spoke, "I used to be Hazashi Kato. I had three sisters who were all older than me, and even though they were annoying and mean, I loved them. When we first moved to Leaf village I was angry, until I found out about the ninja academy. I joined and then, that's when my life took a turn for the complicated."</B><i></i> Kato braved a quick glance up to make sure Kimijun wasn't too bored. "I met a lady who told me a story... and she turned out to be my aunt. I... did some digging. I found out...Hazashi Tenshi was not my father. He was the man who murdered my father. Akimichi Ryuukin was my real father, and I wanted to avenge him. I confronted the man who had lied to me my whole life, and hurt him real good too... but I wanted justice. HA! I should've just ended him there. He turned my own mother against me with more of his lies, and my sisters too. So I went to live with my aunt. I was trying to find evidence, somehow prove what he had done, show the ANBU, have them take him away... but then the Leaf burned. I lost everyone. I looked for them, I tried. But both my families were gone now. Hazashi Tenshi will never be punished, I will never convince my mother and sisters of the truth, and my aunt and the rest of the Akimichi, I will probably never see them either."<i></i>

By this time Kato had dug his hand into the dirt, ripping up a chunk of grass as he clenched his fist tighter and tighter. Ever since he fled the village, he had allowed himself to think of nothing but going forward. his focus had been on surviving, finding food, shelter, warmth, on trying to track down his family. He had never allowed himself a moment to think back on the events that had taken place before his life in the wild. he had never bothered to think about his chances of having the future he wanted. He brushed the back of his dirty hand across his nose, drying the few tears that had gathered there as discreetly as he could, before looking up at the large canine, <B> "Once upon a time I wanted to live up to my real father's name by becoming the leader of my clan. But I've survived alone in the wild for 4 years now, and at this point the only thing I want, is the chance to see my family, Akimichi and Hazashi alike, one more time."

Akira Kazan

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S Rank

Kimijun

"When the leaf, you're home, burned... what did you do to help it? This man who raised you, did he not show you love and compassion? Your family; did you not stay in contact, after you left them with this man?" He asked. Each question was for a reason, and his answers would serve a greater purpose than anyone would understand. Kimijun was a very technical being; always over analyzing everything. Finally, he had another question that would seem to expose a bit about this boys goals and ambition. "What is it you seek above everything else?" He also asked, keeping this conversation rather business like.

Akimichi Kato

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Kato looked down in shame. "When the fighting started, I just thought it was a riot. At first I tried to help, by trying to keep people under control, and trying to help stop the ones attacking people,"</B><i></i> he answered softly, <B> "But the fighting just continued. and I watched as shinobi, ones much stronger than me, started losing the fight. When I saw one of them die on a rooftop... I panicked, ran from the fighting to find my family and find somewhere safe to go... but..." His voice trailed off as he struggled to continue. The chubby boy removed his legs from their crossed sitting position, stretching them out as he continued, "As for the man who raised me, while he never treated me poorly, he was neither the warm fatherly type." Kato let out a hollow laugh, "But his treatment of me doesn't matter. If its true that he killed my father out of jealousy, any fatherly kindness he may have shown me would dishonour my father's memory. He has fallen in my eyes, and I do not trust him, so while my mother would not speak to me, I could not sleep without constantly checking on them, even if they didn't know I was doing it. But since losing them in the rioting, I have no way of knowing what he is doing, or telling them."

As for Kimijun's final question, that was an easy one. Even after all these years, it was still the same as the day he wanted to join the ninja academy. "Above all else, I seek to gain the power to protect people who cannot protect themselves, and punish those who would take advantage of them or harm them.

Akira Kazan

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S Rank

Kimijun

"So, you turned your back on this man. This man who raised you, took care of you, fed you, and protected you because of something that you haven't yet proven to be true? Yes, what you suspect him of doing is downright indecent, and deserves your hatred and anger, but you've not proven that he is in fact the man who murdered your father. If there's photographic evidence, even that cannot prove your suspicious. I believe you humans are aware of the transformation technique. Regardless, why would you not be loyal to this man when you have no true proof that he's done this deed." Asked Kimijun. This question was an important one, and depending on this young man's answer, he would either stick around and continue, or get up and leave.

Akimichi Kato

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Kato was taken aback for a moment. It almost seemed as if the large canine was lecturing him, no chastising him for his treatment of Hasazhi Tenshin. Kato found himself getting annoyed at the latest questions, feeling like Kimijun was trying to be some sort of wise elder, scolding Kato for his ignorance and short sightedness.

“With all due respect Kimi-sama, I don’t really care if I ever find evidence, I cannot remain loyal to someone who has betrayed my trust the way Hazashi Tenshin did. Whether or not he killed my real father, the fact remains that he kept the knowledge from me on purpose. He kept me from a part of my family I never would have known, but have come to care for deeply.”

Kato stood to stretch his legs, and began paced back and forth a few times in front of the beast. In frustration he slammed his fist against a tree.

“You don’t know what kind of a man Tenshin is, and you seem to want to make him out to be much better than he actually was. He is not a good person. I couldn’t see it as a child, but he is a cowardly, vile excuse for a person. He only ‘took care of me’ to get close to my mother. She was the prize, and I was simply in the way. You ask why I would not be loyal to him without proof? How do you show loyalty to someone who has done nothing but lie to you your entire life. How do you trust anything they say or do from that point on?”

Kato let out a sigh as he turned to face the canine, still standing in front of him. “I know in my heart that he is guilty, and he has not earned, nor does he deserve my loyalty. H did not raise me, he’s simply been there since I was little, and I will never rest until I can prove what I know he did to my father,” he growled. The boy was sure it probably wasn’t the answer Kimijun was looking for, but it was the truth.

Akira Kazan

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S Rank

Kimijun

"I am not telling you that you are wrong, though I am trying to make a point." He stated, before continuing. "This man may not be your father, but have you found proof he killed your father? Not only that, but do you have proof getting close to your mother was his only intentions? How do you know he didn't stick by your side and not tell you the truth in order to protect you from this harsh reality? What truly made you truly hate this man and turn your back to him? Those are the answers I am seeking." He asked, as he got to his feet. Kimijun was seeking to figure out exactly why he turned his back. Was there proof, of was it simply speculation. The boys answers would enlighten Kimijun, and they would be the deciding factors. What sense of loyalty and reasoning did this boy possess? And Would it be enough for Kimijun to trust him.

Akimichi Kato

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Kato was surprised when his sudden out burst didn't seem to bother Kimijun in the slightest. The chubby boy had been worried he may offend the large canine, but the beast barely seemed to care. He pressed Kato further, with more questions about loyalty and family. Kato let out a sigh and leaned against a nearby tree.

"Just cuz I can't prove it, doesn't mean I have no evidence at all. See... when I was little, Hazashi-san would tell me a completely fabricated account of his childhood. He hid from me, the fact he had ever been in the ninja academy. Not hard to see why, now. I did my research. Anything I could find in Leaf's public records. There were reports and grade sheets... mission reports... assessments submitted by their superiors. They all painted the same picture..."

At this point, Kato was hardly paying attention to Kimijun anymore. He had been taken back to the time when he was just a student, spending as much time as he could delving into public records, and reading dozens upon dozens of scrolls. It wasn't solid proof by any means. Nothing that could prove Hazashi had done it to the point of conviction. But Kato could see it, plain as day. The first hand accounts of his Mother, his Aunt, and even what little Hazashi-san had admitted to when confronted by Kato, all drove Kato towards the only logical conclusion.

"Everyone saw it. Tenshin and Ryuukin acted as if they were friends, but were actually fierce rivals. But it was a one sided rivalry, in everything. Ryuukin always came out ahead of Tenshin, and everyone saw that it made him jealous. Even when it came to the girl they both liked, my mother, Tenshin couldn't even get noticed with Ryuukin around. Tenshin had several infractions on his file. He was known for having violent outburst, and quite regularly during his academy years, he would attack classmates who had bested him in sparring matches, after the fight had been called. He was a dirty fighter. and a coward. Several missions reports say he simply deserted his team when fighting began."

Kato turned his head, peering over his shoulder at the giant canine lounging before him. "It was a group of four former Cloud shinobi. Akimichi Ryuukin radioed in at 19:12 that he had received a request for backup from teammate Hazashi Tenshin, and was now requesting ANBU to show up on the scene, suspecting a possible nukenin infiltration. At 19:29 ANBU arrived on the scene to find Akimichi Ryuukin alone, severely wounded with five men fleeing the scene. ANBU forces caught up with one of them, and upon interrogation learned that four of the men had been hired by the fifth, to ambush Akimichi Ryuukin. ANBU forces could not extract the identity of the fifth assailant. It was assumed, based on his track record, that Hazashi Tenshin had fled when Ryuukin's arrival did not turn the tide of battle. But I think Tenshin was the fifth assailant. I have proof enough to create my own opinion, and I did not take it as a small or easy decision when I laid these accusations on Hazashi-san. But I know its true." Kato discreetly wiped the back of his arm across his nose, drying a few of the cheeks that had run down his cheeks. He felt so emotionally exhausted, being tossed backwards in time to re-experience all the pain, anger, confusion, hate, sadness, worry, guilt, and agony of those weeks when he began to realize his father was not the man he thought... Being as of yet unresolved, it still hurt the boy too.

After a few more moments Kato pushed himself off the tree, and straightened up in front of the canine, "So do my answers meet your expectations... or is this the part where I get eaten?"

[MFT-645]

Toraono Kuro

Yen
ASP
Deaths

Kimijun

Taking a relaxing breath, he decided on three tests. "The first part of your test will come in the form of two riddles, answer both correctly and you will be one step closer. Should you answer either riddle incorrectly then your test is over. You may ask for one hint for each riddle.” He spoke in a very serious tone. He was now standing on all fours and beginning to stretch but his eyes stayed locked on the young boy's eyes. With a surge of power he was suddenly behind the young man acquiring his full scent.

It cannot be seen,
Yet it can be felt,
cannot be heard,
cannot be smealt.
It lies within strong hearts
It is essential for teams to start
Once it is lost teams are torn apart
YOU WILL HAVE THIS IF YOU ARE SMART
What am I?
<i></i>

We are few to the wise
We are abundant to the drunk
We can calm the inner beast
We are precious from a child
We can break a heart
We can mend a soul
What are we?
<i></i>
OOC: These are original riddles so they will not be found on the internet... think them through and take your time.

Akimichi Kato

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Suddenly Kimijun stood, and in a flash he was standing behind Kato. The monstrous beast told the boy that their meeting was just about finished, and that he had devised tests for the stocky teen to go through. The first test was a pair of riddles, which Kato needed to give an answer to.

"Why riddles, of all things?" Kato thought to himself morosely. He was a smart kid, and before he had left the Leaf village he had always been near the top of his class in the academy. Book learning was nothing for the boy. But riddles. Something about them gave the boy pause. Its like his mind just wasn't that great with metaphors or something because despite all of his smarts, riddles had always been one thing he was terrible at. "Think he'd give me a mulligan?" the boy pondered.

He sat down once again, crossing his legs, and reached into his belt pouch and removed a shiny, crinkly bag. It was a little intimidating having this giant beast standing over him, but Kato tried to put it out of his mind. When he popped open the bag the smell of barbeque filled the area, as Kato slowly munched on the corn-based snack food. It was his last bag f snacks, and he really should've been saving it for a time he needed to regain strength in a fight... but he needed to focus, and ever since his childhood, nothing had calmed his mind and allowed him to think better than a bag of chips. Or in this case barbeque flavoured corn twists.

Finally, after the bag was about three quarters of the way finished, Kato stood again, letting out a small burp as he did so. "Excuse me," he apologized, his face quickly reddening. He cleared his throat and shook his head.

"I apologize for the wait Kimi-sama but I believe I have an answer to your riddle:
It cannot be seen,
Yet it can be felt,
cannot be heard,
cannot be smealt.
It lies within strong hearts
It is essential for teams to start
Once it is lost teams are torn apart
YOU WILL HAVE THIS IF YOU ARE SMART
What am I?

I think its Loyalty... or Courage. I dunno I couldn't decide between the two.
(Please dear god don't eat me) And the second:
We are few to the wise
We are abundant to the drunk
We can calm the inner beast
We are precious from a child
We can break a heart
We can mend a soul
What are we?

Well... I would have to guess... Laughter?"
Kato's body tensed. he didn't know if his answers were right. Kimijun had said that if he answered wrong he would 'fail the test'... and the Akimichi realized he wasn't sure what that meant either. He was still holding out the hope that it didn't involve him becoming dinner.

Toraono Kuro

Yen
ASP
Deaths

Kimijun

"Very impressive, your answers speak volumes for what you have been through. To find laughter as something that can break a heart means you went through quite a bit of abuse. Yet your first two answers where I only sought one clearly define your character. I was going to test your physical stature but I have learned enough, YOU will join my pack and together we will all grow stronger." The massive doberman stepped with intent and pride upon a large stone summoning a contract and an old fang. "Draw blood with the ancient fang and make your mark upon this sacred scroll. Then we will find ways to train you to be a proper member of the pack."<i></i>

The thin scroll fluttered with the breeze a lunar crest adorned the leather rings holding it closed. With two deft flicks of his paws the sand tone scroll opened just enough for Kato to leave a mark of his own. The edges of the scroll were adorned with a pattern of small green leaves. It was the length of Kato's arm span, and when unfurled it revealed a large circular mark, in which many had signed in their own fashion leaving no particular order.Normally bound together with far more brown leather rings, today Kato only counted four. Each ring was separately attached and detached when the scroll is opened. A wild vigorous scent embraced Kato it seemed he had indeed passed the test.

Akimichi Kato

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Kato held his breathe, anxiously waiting to see what the hell-hound was going to do.

“To find laughter as something that can break a heart means you went through quite a bit of abuse,” he said kindly, and Kato knew it was all too true. Like anything in life, laughter had two sides. It was all about perspective. One man’s trash so to speak. “YOU will join my pack and together we will grow stronger,” Kimi-sama finished, pulling Kato from his thoughts. Stepping onto a large stone, the Doberman suddenly caused a large scroll and a fang to appear. Kato was instructed to use the fang to sign the scroll with his blood, creating an agreement between himself and the Doberman’s pack.

As Kato held the fang in his left pal, he noticed the scroll was unlike any he had seen before. It was massive, adorned with a pattern of green leaves that made him long for his old village. There were many names already inscribed on the scroll, and it seemed to give off a strange scent…. Like the woods the morning after a fresh rain… wild and unbound. Kato felt silly as he cut a scratch in his palm, clenching his fist so as to make a bloody handprint on the scroll. He then took a senbon from his belt pouch, dipped it in the excess blood, and scribbled his name beneath his handprint.

“So… that’s it?” Kato asked, ”At least I didn’t get eaten.”

Toraono Kuro

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The massive rottweiller summarily disappeared along with the contract as a warm feeling of unity encompassed his heart. He could feel a sense of pride swelling from somewhere within and outside of himself. He had been made part of a new family and they would remain forever loyal to those whom were loyal to them in return. A moment of ferocious strength came over him ever so briefly as the moon peaked through the clouds. Kato had alot to learn about being a member of the pack.

Welcome to the pack Kato.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back