Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Telling the "Wife"

Yomi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Topic Continued From Here: https://www.ninpocho.com/viewtopic.php?f=755&t=53275

After she supervised the cleanup and personally destroyed all the evidence that Umashi had been treated, she took the long way home. Not in complete avoidance of Asuka, but, to clear her mind. A lot had transpired over the course of a few weeks and it had taken its toll on her family life. Upon approaching her little cabin in the woods, she saw her wolf, Besito. He still waited for her to come home, but, not Asuka. His large tail thumped on the grass, threatening to destabilize the cabin from its foundation. She walked over to him, barefoot and in scrubs, and buried her face into his soft fur. He sniffed her and whined, no doubt smelling something different about her. Her feet had dried Hokage blood on them that she didn’t completely wipe away, coupled with whatever masculine scent he smelled of.

“It’s okay. I’m okay.” Besito nuzzled into her before she went to enter the cabin. A light could be seen flickering in Asuka’s bedroom, the door was slightly ajar. Normally she would not enter, but, head straight for her own quarters, but she hadn’t really seen Asuka in some time and would no longer let the tension fester.

Upon entering, Asuka sat on her bed with her back facing the door reading. She slowly closed the book as she heard the door creak open. Turning her head to the side in acknowledgment of Yomi’s presence she replied.

“I didn’t think I would see you again, today.” The brown-haired woman’s voice was flat with a twinge of sarcasm. Yomi went to sit on the end of her friend’s bed and looked at her oldest friend in the face before she talked. When was the last time she saw her smile? Not the small smiles she put on for Kaori when she came to visit, but, a genuine heart-felt smile? She could hardly remember.

“Well, if people had their way, I’m sure you wouldn’t have.” She left it intentionally vague. Asuka looked Yomi up and down, noting that what she left for work in, she didn’t come home in.

“Where are your clothes and shoes?” Asuka asked also realizing that she didn’t hear her heels click and clack across the floor upon entering the home.

“A work mess; emergency.” Another vague response. Asuka was used to those since they were little girls. They no longer bothered her. Before the First Disciple could ask a follow-up question, Yomi continued with what she really came in here to say.

“I did speak to the Hokage… I got promoted to Sennin.” Yomi said it with an even tone. She knew what Asuka was thinking, in fact, as soon as she got the promotion she went over all the most likely responses Asuka would give and prepared a preemptive response. “I have not forgotten my mission, contrary to how it appears. In the grand scheme of time, I have an eternity to complete it. Though, in our time here, do not think that your suffering has gone unnoticed. As Rei saw mine and allowed me to ascend, I shall grant you your ascension.“Yomi stood up and placed her hand on Asuka’s head a pristine yellow light cascaded across Asuka’s body.

Asuka looked up at her Goddess from her seated position, unaware of what she was being given. She waited until the light receded and looked to Yomi with a puzzled look.

“I’ve granted you the gift of time.” The Goddess sat back down, tired. She had expelled a lot of chakra today. “You no longer have to feel the pressure that you will not see me through my mission, because, that was your mission. I hereby relieve you of that burden and formally accept you as one of the faithful.” Even though Asuka was indeed Yomi’s First Disciple, she had never fully completed her ascension as Yomi did. From the time they left the mountain, up until this point, Asuka never made mention of how she wanted to present herself to her Goddess, that is Rei, that is Yomi. There were many reasons Yomi assumed that she didn’t, the greatest one being that she was so focused on her mission that she felt, until it was completed, she would never feel worthy. Asuka had handed enough bodies over to Rei that Yomi was sure that it was enough for two other people, there was no need to do that portion anymore…unless she wanted to.

Asuka looked wide eyed at the woman who just granted her a live long and prosper pass. There were many things, it seemed, that Yomi in her Godly power, that Asuka had no knowledge of. Asuka, undoubtedly overwhelmed placed her head on the bed, in a prayer like fashion.

“I am not worthy.” Asuka replied. Yomi smirked as she ran her fingers through the woman’s brown hair. Yomi was not a placating Goddess, but, she could say that without a shadow of a doubt no one, alive, had done more work in her name then the woman she took for granted. The Goddess knew, still left with very human emotion despite the fact she tried to bury it, that she was the one who was unworthy. She did not deserve Asuka at all.

“Would you reject the blessing of your Goddess?” They both knew it to be rhetorical.

“All this…basic shit, that we’ve been through in this village…The time that we’ve been here, has not been wasted. It is a speck in what we know to be eternity. I no longer wish to see you fret because now we both have forever to do what we need to.”

This was as close to an “I’m sorry” as Asuka was ever going to get. The woman lifted her head and nodded. Yomi got up and laid on the floor of Asuka’s bedroom. Reminiscent of old times where they used to share a space and Yomi would always give up her comfort for the team. When did their roles reverse so much that now Asuka was the “caregiver” and Yomi the one who needed to be “taken care of”? Yomi couldn’t put a finger on it, but she would attempt to even the scales. Not kicking Asuka out of her own bed was a good first step.

[Topic Entered/TLUS]

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back