Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

The Allegory of the Cave [Hikari/open PM me to join]

Ren

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Haru leaned up against the brick wall off toward the edge of the plaza, contemplating his deep philosophical thought for the day. Today he is thinking through Plato’s Allegory of the Cave. According to Plato's allegory of the cave, the way we perceive things around us and the way we lead our lives, is actually not the "truth". We human beings are leading ignorant, incomplete lives, following the paths, rules, norms, ethics, set by the previous generations, without questioning them. In his Allegory he tells a story about men who sit facing a cave wall chained there with a fire behind them. Other people hold things up in front of the fire casting shadows on the wall where the original men are looking, those men consider these shadows things. For example if you put an apple in front of the fire, the shackled men consider the shadow what an apple is.

This is enough to fascinate Haru, what if everything he thinks he sees, is just like the shadow of what is really there. Haru’s wandering mind translates that into what if it’s a shadow of a shadow and the entire universe is some sort or shadowception?

Continuing on in Plato’s Allegory of the Cave, one man’s shackles were released and he was aloud to leave the cave. Upon exiting the cave he was blinded by the sun and in immense pain. He eventually brought himself to a pond and could open his eyes enough to see his own reflection. Being able to see himself and the tree next to him in the water perplexed him. Eventually he was able to look where the tree actually was and put it together that the tree was being reflected in the water.

Haru wished that he could leave the cave of the human world and know what actually is out there. He wasn’t sure he would be able to recognize it even if the opportunity smacked him in the face.

Naturally the man who escaped the cave returned to tell the other what he had seen and he was laughed at. In order to believe that your entire world is wrong, you must be shown not told.

This posed another challenge to Haru, even if he found out the truth about life, how would he be able to let anyone else see the light? Suddenly blinking back to consciousness he realized the people still passing by, what was real in his life?

WC:410
[Marked for training][OOC: Not the best opener, if Philosophy isn’t your thing the topic can change]

Yukari

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Hikari walked into the shadowy square thinking to go shopping, with the brief unlikely idea that sometime today, she might visit her parents. She'd not done so since her promotion to genin, let alone the most recent one she'd received, and guilt was nagging her. Thinking about going to see the folks eased her conscience a bit. Of course, on a day like today, when the air wasn't chilling her to the bone, and there was hardly a cloud in sight, Hikari would rather enjoy the outside, than the company of the potentially guilt wielding woman who bore her.

Her eyes registered the presence of a fellow shinobi in the square before anything else. She looked him over. Not much younger than she, but likely only just starting his training as a ninja. She smiled and went to join him, lightly leaping onto the fountain, and trailing her fingers through the water which flowed over her hands as she went. When she reached the edge, she stepped down and patted her hammer. It was a comforting weight at her side, and the gesture was not a threatening one. "Hello." She called out with a friendly wave. She was of the opinion that making acquaintances could never hur. She spoke again as she came close, within arm's reach. "Hello." She bowed slightly, "I am-" To make use of her title or not to make use of her title, "Tanaka Hikari." She opted not to, "What has you in such shadow on such a sunny day?"

Ren

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Refusing to fall back into the land of thought Haru began to people watch. He say many Shinobi simply going about their daily life, then one girl stood out in the crowd. A Red haired girl, a few years his senior jumping around the fountain then slowly approaching him. "Hello I am- Tanaka Hikari, What has you in such a shadow on such a sunny day?" Who was this girl? Haru had most definitely never seen her around before, though he hadn't seen most people. I am invisible to basically everyone here except you. No one in big groups bothers to look in a shadow filled corner. Just how I like it Haru showed little emotion in his voice as he was cautious of this girl suddenly approaching me, oh I'm Hiashi Haru, nice to meet you, what brings you here this fine day? He stretched the syllables of the word fine for extra emphasis, after all it was extremely nice for anytime of the year.

WC: 170

Yukari

Yen
ASP
Deaths
As Hikari introduced herself, the boy seemed to hesitate for a moment, or perhaps he was just thinking, before offering an explanation. 'I am invisible to basically everyone here except you. No one in big groups bothers to look in a shadow filled corner. Just how I like it.' He said without much expression. 'oh I'm Hiashi Haru, nice to meet you, what brings you here this fine day?' He asked

"Errands in the market." She said. "Dinner, and such." Then, adding, "Ah..." She said, "Invisibility does come at a price. Whether to you or someone else. If you're careful and cunning, you can make certain that price is in your favor. When you stand unseen, you might wish to eavesdrop. Who knows what secrets you'll hear. Of course, reporting secrets to your local spymaster might help your career tremendously." She said, quietly, so only he could hear. "You can probably find him in the Torre Celeste, or a pastry shop." She winked, "He usually has donuts and coin for good information."

She winked, and turned so her back was also against the wall. "Hope you don't mind me joining you for a moment," The red haired kunoichi smiled and closed her eyes, "What do you hope to gain from becoming a Shinobi of Kumogakure?" The question came after a short silence, and without warning. She guessed that she might have caught the youth off guard, and remembered a time, years before, when she had been the one who had been asked said question, first by an Inuzuka, on a day in which the sun was little more than a hopeful memory. “Has anyone asked you that question before?” She asked, perhaps after he’d replied to the first question.

Ren

Yen
ASP
Deaths
"Errands in the market. Dinner, and such, Ah... Invisibility does come at a price. Whether to you or someone else, ff you're careful and cunning, you can make certain that price is in your favor. When you stand unseen, you might wish to eavesdrop. Who knows what secrets you'll hear. Of course, reporting secrets to your local spymaster might help your career tremendously. You can probably find him in the Torre Celeste, or a pastry shop." She winked, "He usually has donuts and coin for good information."

Is this girl crazy? Haru thought for a long moment before responding. Eavesdropping wasn’t my original intent, though doing it for some cash sounds like a steal. He raised his eyebrows in thought before Hikari spoke again.

“Hope you don’t mind me joining you for a moment. What do you hope to gain from becoming a Shinobi of Kumogakure? Has anyone ever asked you that question before?”

Man is this girl talkative… Haru contemplated for a moment before beginning to speak. Well, no this question never has been asked of me, my family line goes back as average Shinobi for as long as I can remember, so I will just be following my families foot steps. Though it’s not really like the world has any free will anyway, everything happens for a certain reason, I believe our entire lives are already planned out.

As for you joining me, Haru paused and looked Hikari in the eyes smiling while his purple eyes sparkle. How about, I join you for dinner? Why Haru asked he wasn’t really sure, guess being invisible is only so entertaining, plus Hikari seemed like a good ally to have.

Tetsuya

Yen
ASP
Deaths
I sat atop a two story building watching the people go by, each and every one moving with a purpose, as I ate my lunch. My eyes eventually falling on a young lady, with the most power mane of hair I've seen in decades. She was walking in my directions, but failed to make eye contact, her attention was not on me. I looked over the ledge, and watched her walk to a boy not much younger than herself. And while I didn't mean to eavesdrop, I've never been one for ignoring an opportunity to observed my fellow shinobi from afar. The conversation didn't particularly interest me, until the boy began sharing philosophies. He was young, and naive of course, so was it not my responsibility to educate him on the true meanings of life? Of course it was

So I cleared my throat, and jumped down to the windowsill just above their heads, and walked to its underside. I can remember standing upside down, held to the stone by chakra, my face only inches away from theirs.... My hair completely occupying the same space as theirs.

I waited until they noticed me before asking to the boy, Planned out by who exactly?

Yukari

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The girl cocked her head, "But why?" she asked, "One does not become great by following an unremarkable trail. Have you no personal aspirations?" Then he added that it wasn't as though they had free will anyway, and she raised a brow, "I disagree completely. If you'd look at my family, you'd see merchants. This is by choice. Their choice. My father has Santaru blood. He chose to keep a library, and a school, in spite of his blood. Then I chose this life over the life of prosperity my parents offered me. I believe passivity is what plans your life. An active hand can change all." She said, giving her opinion. "Of course, this is only my view." She said diplomatically. About this time, Hikari stepped back, noting the sudden appearance of a mane of white hair dangling about just above her head.

'Planned out by who exactly?' The man asked.

Hikari coughed awkwardly, "Er, hello." she said. "I don't believe we've met." Interesting entrance. Who is he, though. She thought.

Ren

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Hikari continued to question Haru, but he just zoned out and stared into mass of people. Everyone else who not only he, but now Hikari too was invisible, how do they manage not see us so well? he questioned.

“Of course, this is only my view” Haru snapped back to reality and heard Hikari conclude. Shit, what was she talking about? Sheepishly Haru was about to try to brush off what she had said.

Noticing Hikari step back a bit Haru looked toward her and raised an eyebrow in suspicion. Turning back toward the square a boy quite older than him self’s face appeared inches from his own and his massive white hair took up all of the other space. Haru jumped back and banged his head against the wall, silently cursing under his breath he heard the man ask “Planned out by who exactly?”

Haru paused for a long moment before realizing the question was aimed at him, he turned to see Hikari staring at him as well as this mysterious man, he paused again and thought No one has ever asked this before. An unknown force, it controls everything’s destiny, this is what we should be running from, we need to fight our destiny, I might be the only real person on the earth, stuck in some sort of trap destined to live out my like here with everyone who the force has decided to put here to keep my distracted and unable to break free, it might already be too late for all of us.. Haru trailed off and dropped his gaze to the floor.

Tetsuya

Yen
ASP
Deaths
I laughed at this, not at the words themselves, but rather the implications. This boy was braver than I could ever be, seeing the world the way he did, and continuing to live on... it took strength. To him the world was nothing more than a game, played by unimaginable forces, and we were merely pieces on the board, our emotions and our desires irrelevant. He accepted that, kinda. Fight against it he suggested, but in the game of chess never has a piece moved in a way I didn't want it to.

I proceeded to detach himself from the stone's underside, jerking myself about in the second it took for me to land, hoping that somehow I'd land on my feet... I didn't. I looked up at the pair, and spoke as if I hadn't completely scraped my elbow. I am Sasaki, Tetsuya. And I'm not afraid to admit this: In a world where we are soldiers, designed to obey the command of our leaders, to say that even our leaders aren't in control scares me. How is this force that powerful, which of you know how to fight against it?

Yukari

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Hikari raised a brow. This was starting to get weird. All of a sudden, the focal point of the conversation was a mysterious 'it' who 'we' needed to fight against. Hikari was perfectly fine fighting the enemies of cloud. She felt no need to imagine other enemies. She did have one question- though she almost didn't ask it because she didn't want to egg the conversation on. "If you suspect that everyone but you is imagined, then why would you say 'It might already be too late for all of us..'?" She scratched her head, "Perhaps I've been walking too much in dojo and not enough in libraries, but that seems an odd switch in views."

The other, one Sasaki Tetsuya, continued the line of conversation saying that as a soldier he was afraid of the idea that his superiors weren't in control, then proposing a fight against the being Hikari could not fathom being a reality. What strange thoughts they have. The only being capable of doing such things would be a god. Hikari, like much of Kumo, took the great god Raiden as her patron. Whatever else it was, the line of thought was amusing. "Ah, and Hiashi-san, about dinner-" She felt rude for not having responded earlier, but with the appearance of Sasaki, it had slipped her mind. "If you’d still like to come, perhaps we could take our discussion there? Of course, Sasaki san would also be welcome.” She said with a smile.

Ren

Yen
ASP
Deaths
I am Sasaki, Tetsuya. And I'm not afraid to admit this: In a world where we are soldiers, designed to obey the command of our leaders, to say that even our leaders aren't in control scares me. How is this force that powerful, which of you know how to fight against it?

"If you suspect that everyone but you is imagined, then why would you say 'It might already be too late for all of us..'?"

Haru listened to the others respond, both valid points in his theory. Sasaki, Tetsuya…. Haru let the name bounce around in his mind, this one seems to understand our fate the same as me. Maybe, just maybe we can both escape.

He nodded at the two, Very fair question Hikari, you see if this force controls everyone like I say, then the free will I think I have may be falsely assumed, I believe I control my own actions, but they all may be in this greater forces plans for me, and I just don’t know it. This force must also be able to control you, and he is using everyone else in the world to deceive me into thinking free will exists.. letting out a sigh as he finished he raised his eyebrows waiting for response, As for dinner, it still sounds great to me, the three of us shall go then?

Tetsuya

Yen
ASP
Deaths
I was hungry, that couldn't be denied. Today was my day off from the Hospital, and I had been wandering around since my shift ended this morning. Yeah, I was excited about finally getting a break, but I honestly had no idea what to do with all this free time. I hadn't done anything productive the entire day, yet my. I was so busy looking for something to do, that I comp stomach was growling something awful.

It was empty, and so was my wallet. That's the main reason my face lit up at the mention of dinner.
Food?! I said with a tad too much enthusiasm,Sounds great! I'm starving. Lead the way.

Yukari

Yen
ASP
Deaths
He nodded at the two, 'Very fair question Hikari, you see if this force controls everyone like I say, then the free will I think I have may be falsely assumed, I believe I control my own actions, but they all may be in this greater forces plans for me, and I just don’t know it. This force must also be able to control you, and he is using everyone else in the world to deceive me into thinking free will exists..' He let out a sigh as he finished he raised his eyebrows at her.

"That's a big 'if' to be planning your life around." She said, "Also... If I'm being honest, I have no idea what you could do about it. I'm fairly certain you're postulating that I'm a figment of your imagination- could be wrong. And if so... although I suppose I'd be flattered... I'm not sure I'd really exist, which would mean I'd not be me. Which would also mean that I'm largely irrelevant to my life and others... and while that's entirely possible, I'm personally uncomfortable with the idea. Also. I'm pretty sure I am real... and pretty sure this is a conversation people might have with more clarity while intoxicated..." Her stomach growled.

'As for dinner, it still sounds great to me, the three of us shall go then?

'Food?!' Sasaki cried out enthusiastically, 'Sounds great! I'm starving. Lead the way.'

Hikari chuckled, "My thoughts exactly Sasaki-san, Hiashi-san. Perhaps a ramen shop? I'm afraid my culinary skills are rather unimpressive." A thought occurred to her. She'd not seen her friend Kahako in quite a while. The girl's family owned a restaurant. Unluckily for her, she'd forgotten the name and location of said restaurant. She made a mental note to look the girl up in the near future. She smiled at the two, "Eh... What are you in the mood for?" She asked either of the two.

Ren

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Ramen sounds good to me, Haru said dropping the topic of this big 'if', while in his mind noting to further question Tetsuya in his philosophies of life. Coming out this morning ended up being quite a, rewarding treat. I actually know a place, fairly close to here follow me Haru set off into the crowd and motioned for the other to follow.

So HIkari, Tetsuya, tell me more about yourselves, why are you here? What do you like to do for fun?

Tetsuya

Yen
ASP
Deaths
[OoC: Sorry Guys, Weekends aren't usually so busy for me. But Monday's are, just got in about half an hour ago.]

Well right now I'm usually neck-deep in paper work, in an office way too small, on a floor way too loud. I'm a part of the Medical Branch, have been since I graduated the Academy. That's what I do for fun. I help people, healing their wounds, makes me happy. For me, it makes this life more bearable. Because everyone I work with on a daily basis has dedicated themselves, not to the murderous aspect of our lives, but to healing. It gives me hope to believe in a day where everyone values life so much, we're all willing to do away with killing all together. Then no one will die a meaningless death.

I try my hardest not to, but I've never been able to hold back a laugh. It breaks out almost immediately, it's abrupt and loud and obnoxious. And when I finally stop I realize why it was so funny. I did mean everything I said, but hearing what hope I was holding onto just seemed ridiculous. A life without violence, it was impossible, no? Our world was centered around it.

Yukari

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Hikari smiled at the question. "Why am I here?" She mused, "Well... I'm a genin. Graduated a while back... you may have heard about the new year event? Well, I was a part of that. Got me promoted. Silenced though. Here, I'm here for dinner. In Kumo? A kunoichi? I'm here because it afforded the most opportunity out of any of the paths presented to me. Call it youthful ignorance, a lust for adventure... whatever it was, now it's duty. I..." She hesitated, but then shrugged, figuring it was probably common knowledge. "Sennin Takaki sama recently held an event for Main branch nin. I was promoted because of my affinity for speech and the like." Also, likely because Takaki sama has a masochistic streak involving his subordinates. She thought with a very unsubtle and slightly malicious grin directed toward the Sennin. "As for fun, I enjoy reading, as well as a myriad of physical activities. Running, practicing with my weapon." She placed a hand on her hammer, "And conversation is always good. I do love to talk." She said walking along beside the guys.

"Ah, and Tetsuya san, although I don't share your passion for such a world- mostly because it will likely lead to a load more politicking- I do respect it. Your vision is hopeful... and in a world like ours, hope is a precious commodity. Please continue to cultivate it." She said sincerely. "I hope you find your work very fulfilling." Then she turned to Haru. "And you? What do you do for fun? Also, I'm curious. What branch of the military will you join, ANBU, Main (my personal recommendation. You could be a deep cover operative, and wouldn't that be amazing?), or Medical?"

Ren

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Haru listened to the two talk about there accomplishments in the Ninja world so far, jealousy seeped out but he reassured himself that as he aged his time would come.

"And you? What do you do for fun? Also, I'm curious. What branch of the military will you join, ANBU, Main, or Medical?"

Fun, well I write books and think, that’s what most us Hiashi do, though I do enjoy a game of Shogi from time to time, I challenge the elders of my clan for a really good challenge, the book I am working on now deals with the deeper questions of the universe like we were earlier discussing. I plan to join the main branch of the military; though helping wherever I am needed is fine. I have some more deep plans later down the road.

Haru began to think of his plans in his head, he knew he needed to escape his destiny to be used as a pawn in the game of life, he needed to be the one in charge, he needed power, and lots of it. He would do whatever it takes and strike down anyone who got in his way, but that plan can’t be executed for a while the Shinobi here exceed his Power Level by loads. He’ll need to train and rely on his smarts for that to go the way he wants it.

So let’s eat, my stomach is a bottomless pit of no opinion, so I will eat whatever anyone else has a taste for. Haru put on a grin and waited for one of the others to lead the way.

WC:272
[OOC: SORRY, it took me forever to get this post out, I'll be better about it in the future.]

Yukari

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Hikari nodded, "That's what I thought at first as well. Wherever I'm needed is fine. But when you're needed, you tend to get more specialized. Those in the highest echelons started where we are now. With focus they became what they are now." She mused, thinking it had already begun to happen for her. After a moment she nodded, "Well, ramen sounds fine to me, I suppose." She lead the way to a restaurant. One of those small, cubbies that serve the most excellent things you've ever tasted. As she opened the door, a bell at the top of the frame tinkled. It was a small room, hardly big enough to be called a dining room, but that was undoubtedly its purpose. Red wall paper lined with gold trim, pretty flower paper lined the walls like so. At the back of the room there was a wall- well a half wall, a counter... whatever. Upon the counter a box, and another small bell.

"Hello?" Hikari said, announcing herself to whomever was in the back. "Smells good doesn't it guys?" She smiled, "Pardon me." She called out again. A moment later an old lady came forward.

"Hello, guests." The woman bowed, "May I get anything for you?"

She nodded, "Yes please. A table for three and perhaps a menu?" She smiled politely, returning the bow to the woman.

"Ah yes, of course. This way." She lead the trio to a table and handed them the menus. "Please tell me if you have any questions. I am Kayoko." She bowed again before she retreated.

"Thank you Kayoko-san." Hikari said. "Well, what's everyone want?" She asked.

[mft 273]

Ren

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Haru followed as Hikari led them into what he would consider a little shack, not very impressive, but the smell turned his stomach into a grizzly bear. As Hikari talked with the old lady and the group was finally seated Haru picked up the menu and peered at the choices, his philosophical view points lost in hunger.

I’m getting Onigiri, what about you two?

Haru took a look at this strange group, this day had started very out of the ordinary. I hope my parents don’t get upset that I disappeared, oh well. Haru yawned and stretched his arms back, I’m starving

WC: 107

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back