Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

The "Art" of Waiting [Neno]

Asagao

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Arriving at the Maw, he would began to prepare their workstation for this evening's training session. He was a good half-hour early, as usual, he needed to be in order to properly get things ready. Setting up the easel, he would position it's tripod legs so that they were level and sturdy on the ground. He did not want the thing to be unbalanced, wobbling about, throwing her off kilter as she tried to work, disrupting her concentration. She was making great progress, so keeping everything perfect was necessary in helping her to continue to grow. Picking up one of her first pieces, he would compare it to her most recent finished project. A prideful smile would grace his lips as he saw just how much she was learning. It was a relief to know, that he was not a total failure as a Sensei. They had been working together now for three and a half weeks, and she was already well beyond his skill level when he had first started.

Running his hands across the canvas, the picture seemed so raw, yet you could still see the immense talent she possessed just waiting to burst out. Her brush strokes were still a bit wild, but this was to be expected, she was still a beginner after all; this was something he had to keep reminding himself of constantly. Asagao himself had worked under a tyrant of a man, a person who demanded perfection in everything. He would not be so stern with Neno, he was going to let her learn at her own pace. This was not going to be a cruel, grueling task that she would someday live to regret when she thought back on these memories. It was a miracle that he himself had still loved the art after what he had gone through. If he were to teach her in that same fashion he would lose her as a student - and as a friend - and he would not risk that.

After all of the preparations were finally complete, he would lay back, his body comfortably relaxing against the underground canyon wall. He would pull out his Shakuhachi, and play a sweet lullaby while he waited. This flute would be the inspiration for her next lessons; if she was still interested, that is. He truly hoped she would be, Asagao quite enjoyed their daily sessions together. In fact, they had become one of the highlights of his afternoon, something he always seemed to look forward to. Closing his eyes, his mind would drift off, riding the harmony's soft, subtle current. He couldn't wait to see what picture Nenogami would produce today. It was always such a surprise.

Chikara

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Autobiography said:
I ran.

There wasn't much that could make me run when I wasn't fighting, but for some reason I ran to the gates today. I usually took my time getting to my session with Asagao, but today I was in a hurry to see him. It was a special day, but nothing that should get me so excited. And there were things that would transpire that I didn't even know about at that moment, but still I ran for no apparent reason. My heart was racing; my mind was as well, and wanted to see him. I wasn't myself when I was around him, I started doing things that I didn't normally do. I looked him in the eyes, I didn't rub the back of my head as much, and even my key was starting to become fond of him. He was my first real friend.

"Asagao!" I yelled as I approached him. He was playing the Shakuhachi when I arrived, and already had everything set up as usual. It would probably be a strange sight to see me running towards him, as before this he had never seen me run, but I made my way up next to him and sat close to him. "I'm ready for you… To teach me that is, ugh…" I was still saying stupid things around him, though. I couldn't help myself, the words would come out like vomit and I wouldn't be able to catch myself until after I already made a fool of myself. I was sure he didn't mind, it probably amused him in fact.

"What should I paint today?" I asked him, though I was looking at the gates anxiously. Since we had started this routine together I had wished mother would return and see the two of us together. She would either be excited to see me with such a handsome man or angry to see a grown man with her very young daughter. Then that made me wonder if she would even be able to recognize me. I have the Yamazaki's red hair, but I looked to be much older than I should be for the amount of time she's been gone. I guessed I would just have to hope her mother's intuition would help her pick me out. If her appearance hadn't changed much since her departure then I would be able to pinpoint her right away.

I sighed.
[WC:402|Topic Entered]

Asagao

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Pausing in mid-note, the melody he was playing would suddenly come to an abrupt end. Looking about in confusion, he could have sworn he had heard someone call out his name. Scanning the surrounding area, he would spot Nenogami sprinting towards him. Perking up, he would drop his flute in terror, and have a worried expression draped across his face. "I hope everything is ok...why is she running?" He would whisper, under his breath, legitimately concerned for her well being. When she plopped down beside him, he would soon realize that everything was perfectly fine, he had just never witnessed her exert so much energy before; this made him extremely happy! She was excited to be here, to be with him. This was proof he was doing a good job teaching her. The momentary feelings of fear soon faded away, leaving him blissfully cradled in the loving arms of joy.

"And I am ready for you, too." He would reply, gesturing towards the work area he had set up, before she arrived. Chuckling to himself, in response to her exuberance, he was in fact becoming very fond of her. Approaching her in the library was turning about to be one of his better decisions; ignoring the fact he had been so blatantly rude to her, of course, that tidbit of information would hopefully be forgotten in time.

"Hmmm....let's see." He would ponder her question for a moment, giving it a real go. Not wanting to leave her empty handed, in return, he would ask her a question of his own. "Well, you tell me. What did you dream last night?" His smile was broad, his pearly white teeth on full display. "Paint that!" Reaching out he would pat the top of her hand, and stand up, completely forgetting she was uncomfortable with contact. "Come, let's get you setup."

Walking her over, he would place a small stool in front of the easel. After she sat down and was comfortable, he would hand her a paint palette; one which already had all of the necessary colors poured onto it. "So tell me, Neno. Why exactly were you running today? What about today got you so excited?" He couldn't help but fish for answers. He had never seen her behave in such a manner, it had to be something extra extraordinary, didn't it?

He couldn't wait to find out what it could be.

Chikara

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Autobiography said:
I let out a soft laugh when he said he was ready for me, too. It made me wonder if he meant to make it sound like I accidentally made it sound. I would have liked that very much. I didn't want to think about it too much, however. I spent 9 years of my life not thinking about that kind of thing, I could hold off a little longer, I thought. I knew it wasn't right for me to be thinking about him like I was, being so young and all, but at the same time my body was as developed as someone who was eighteen. It was normal for someone of that age, and my body had the same hormones, so in a sense it probably was… "normal."

He told me to paint what I dreamed last night, and it took me a moment to remember what it was I dreamed about. I was surprised I could remember at all, considering I had been up for a bit and was so excited to get there. I looked down nervously when he smiled, and his sudden burst made me jump. Then he touched my hand and it gave me cold chills. It was the first time I had ever had that happen to me from someone's touch. Usually I would jump away, but I just got that chill through my body. It felt good.

"I guess I'll get started then," I grabbed the items I would need from Asagao and sit down on the stool. Just before I was going to begin, though, he asked me about my entrance and why I was so excited. I looked at him and looking around nervously, not sure how to answer him. I let out an "Uhm…" and began put the brush to the canvas and began still trying to think of an answer, and then I thought of the perfect answer (though not exactly the real one). "It's my birthday today." Truth be told I didn't care much for my birthday until that day, it just meant that it was 10 years since my mother had left.

As I painted the image on the canvas started looking more and more like a person, though a bit disfigured due to my novice ability at painting.

Asagao

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Standing over her shoulder, he would lean in and closely inspect her technique, studying her movement. Taking a hold of her hand, he would move the brush up and down in the air just in front of the canvas, mimicking the motion of painting. "Like this, it will be much more fluid." He would smile. "And loosen up a bit, you are holding onto the brush much too tightly, this is supposed to be relaxing." He would joke with her, not realizing he himself might be the reason she was so tense.

Turning his head to look at her, their faces were now only inches apart from touching. "Really?" He would question, shocked by her answer. "It's your birthday? That's wonderful! We will have to do something then!" He would exclaim, excited by her news. Walking over to a bag of stuff he had laying on the floor, near the extra equipment, he would dig through it for a bit and retrieve an odd looking item. It was very long and slender and rolled up in a red fabric that was protecting it; the sheath had been lost ages ago. "This is out of my very own collection. It is very near and dear to my heart. It was actually the very first one I was ever given." Unwrapping the item, he would pull out a sword that had a blade as bright and colorful as a sunrise, with a large red flower decorating it's hilt; he thought it would make the perfect birthday present for a beautiful young lady.

"Her name is Autumn Thorn...and I want you to have her." Outstretching his arms, with both palms facing up, the sword would lay across his hands as he offered it to her. "You must take good care of her though...this I demand." He had a cheeky smile curving his lips, and he would shoot her a sly wink. "Soo.." He would pause for a moment, and then blurt out surprisingly. "Happy Birthday, Nenogami!" His voice would carry off of the underground canyon walls, his duel-colored eyes meeting hers. He had no idea how she felt about weapons, hopefully she did not detest them, or else this gift would certainly be a dud.

"Ya know, I was actually taking her to get sharpened, the blade has gotten kinda dull, which is why I had it in my bag to begin with. Maybe we could do that together, after your lesson? What do ya say??" He would shrug his shoulders, tossing out the idea, the whole time not even thinking about inquiring just how old she was actually turning this day.

Sword:
AutumnThorn2_zpsefa6a17b.jpg

Chikara

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Autobiography said:
I smiled slightly as he gave me some instructions on how to hold and stroke with the brush. I thought I was doing it okay, but he was the sensei so I followed his advice. The problem with trying to relax this way was his presence. He was close to me, so close, and I could smell him… At least I thought it was him, though I couldn't be sure. It would be easy to mix it up with the smell of any of the other guys there. I was never close enough to know what a real man smelled like, besides my dad I suppose. But he always smelled like wet dog, even when he was completely dry.

It being my birthday seemed to intrigue him, and he got excited about it. I watched as he walked over to his bag and began rummaging through it. He pulled out something covered in a red cloth and began explaining how close he was to it. I wondered what he was doing with it, and then he pulled it out and my eyes began to glow. It was the most beautiful sword I had ever seen, even more than the pictures of the Twilight Swords that my father used to use before he was turned into a wolf- which have been passed down the Faita's main line for generations. Currently they've disappeared, gone since father's curse. Then he offered it to me, he offered me his Autumn Thorn. When he stretched his arms out to hand it to me I timidly grabbed the hilt and placed one hand under the blade to bring it closer to me. Then I looked up at his smile and blushed a little at his wink. When he shouted happy birthday I smiled.

"You're beautiful… I mean she's! She's beautiful!" I let go of the sword with my hand that was under the blade and smacked my face with my hand. He explained that he was going to get it sharpened and offered to go get it sharpened together after our lesson. I nodded yes and beamed the brightest smile I had ever given. I looked the blade over one last time before snatching the red cloth he used to cover it and wrapping it back up before handing it back to him to hold onto until we went to get it sharpened.

"You can hold onto it until then." I would let him take it and then go back to paining. As time passed it would look more and more like a woman with white eyes and white hair. This was what I saw in my dream the night before, the only thing I could truly remember actually. Of course it wasn't perfect, but you could still tell what it was supposed to be. I would stop and stare at it for a moment, a confused look coming upon my face. It felt familiar and warm. I realized after that moment that I was painting my mother, and that she was in my dreams the night before. The night before my tenth birthday my mother was in my dream. I would stand back up from the stool and back away from the canvas.

"It's… It's…" I mumbled, tears welling in my eyes. I brought my lips in and bit down on them so they wouldn't quiver. I hadn't even realized what I was painting until that moment. The realization made me upset as I began to think about her and how it had been ten years to that very day since she left. I dropped to my knees as my key's face turned to that of sympathy. He felt what I felt and in that moment I was sad, and he felt bad for me. I was so excited to be with Asagao, he made me forget why I originally came to the maws so often. He made me…..

"Please don't cry," I looked up and there was a woman there. How she got there without me hearing her I wasn't sure, but those eyes were so very milky white. "I saw you there, and you reminded me of someone." This woman kneeled down and then got down on her knees with me. Her dress was white and her hair was a metallic white. Literally, her hair was metal. Her skin was tan, so she must not have been living in Suna very long or visited the surface very often.

"Your eyes." I said, looking at her through my tears. I was going to wipe my eyes with my arm but the woman brought a cloth to my eyes and wiped them for me. When my eyes were clear, so was this woman's identity.

"Your hair is so red, it reminds me of my old hair. It used to be bright red, just like my cousins who live here. But you have black roots, you must dye it. Otherwise I'd think you had Yamazaki in your—Humph, blood."

My eyes widened slowly as she spoke about my hair. When she said Yamazaki I lunged at her and wrapped my arms around her. "Mother! Mother it's me, Neno! It's me!" I thought maybe I was having one of my mixed up reality fits. To believe that she was really there was nearly impossible to me. But I felt her and I smelled her, she had to be real. She just had to be!

"Neno? That's… How?"

"It's a long story, I'm just happy you're back!" I continued to cry with my arms wrapped around her. She was shorter than I thought she'd be, but she just as amazing.

"Yeah, about that…" She pushed me away gently and closed he eyes. She took a deep breath and toppled over. I gasped and turned her over so her face wasn't in the sand.

"Mother! Are you okay?" I wasn't as versed in medical techniques as my father or Uncle Iori, so this was the best I could do. "Asagao, wh-what should I do?" I looked up at the man, who was probably stricken awe by the events going on. Though, for my sake, I hoped his head was still level despite it all. I was too overwhelmed with my mother's return and sudden pass out.
[WC:1047|iNPC Yamazaki Zoi entered topic]

Asagao

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Success!!

Her reaction upon receiving the gift was priceless; he could not have planned that out any better - which he didn't - so it was perfect! Taking back the sword, he would securely re-wrap it in the red cloth, and return it to his pack. "Well, alright. But that was a promise, so you cannot back out now." He would laugh, while his back was turned to her, unaware that she was currently reuniting with her mother. Standing up, he would give his body a stretch, working out the kinks in his tired muscles. As he turned around, he would stop, pause, and take a cautious step forward. How could he be so clueless, who was this woman, and why was she talking to Neno? How had this stranger been able to get so close to her without him noticing...and why was Neno acting so peculiar? The questions continued.

Reaching into his sleeve, he would delicately wrap his fingers around some poison throwing darts he had hidden, and move in closer, gliding across the ground with the gracefulness of a cat on the prowl. Moving into a clear attack angle, where Neno was no longer at risk of being hurt, he would wait and watch, and observe the two of them together, as for the moment the strange woman did not appear to be a serious threat of any kind.

Letting the darts fall out of his grip, he would stand alone, stunned by what he just witnessed. It was the child's birth mother come home, he couldn't believe it. Unable to move, he continued to stare as they embraced - what a touching moment, truly. He had come to this spot everyday for the past three weeks to wait with his new student, never actually expecting this day to happen. He was just trying to be a good friend and help her through this troubling issue of hers, until she came to the realization that her mother was never coming home: what a fool he had been to doubt her.

Neno's outcry for help would snap him out of his daze and set him into immediate action. Running over to her side, he would kneel down and check the woman's pulse. "Her heart is beating, but it's faint. We need to get her some medical attention now." Looking up at Neno, what a heartbreaking scene this must be. Waiting day after day for her mother's safe return, and now she may die at her feet only seconds after seeing each other for the first time in years. "We must hurry, Neno. There is no time to lose!!" He would snap, as he picked up the unconscious woman and slung her over his shoulder, preparing to head to the Caduceus Tower.

[Topic Left?]

Chikara

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Autobiography said:
I remember that day like it was yesterday. I was so thrilled to have my mother home, only to have her faint right in front of me. I didn't know what possibly could have been wrong. I thought maybe she was just exhausted from the journey, but there may have been another reason. One I would not begin to try and imagine. As I sat there weeping over my fallen mother I could only hope that Asagao would be able to hold on for me and get her to safety. He did just that, picking my mother up and putting her over his shoulder. I would jump to my feet and follow him, assuming he was headed to the Caduceus Tower.
[WC:121|Topic Left]

Really small but I think my last one more than makes up for it in length~

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back