Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

The Comfort of Home

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Jirou rubbed the back of his neck with his hand, while he watched Hinata tearfully express his sadness over losing his parents. He knew the sadness all too well, but there was nothing he could do about it. His parents may not be alive anymore, but they would always be a part of him. Even though it was getting harder to remember their faces, Jirou would never forget looking back and seeing how his father fought the bandits. That day was his birthday and it should have been a happy day. One part of it was since his mother had given him Kashikoi on that day. It did not remain happy with the appearance of the bandits. It became a struggle for survival and a day that he would never forget. Jirou had never really had a birthday celebration since, but he did have a goal to be someone that they would be proud of. Looking at Hinata he says, “You know your parents aren’t really dead as long as you remember them. They will always be in your heart. You have good memories with them and you can still hold onto those memories, even if you have to put the coat that you have outgrown away. I have had to put my coat away too. It is too small now and like you said there is only so much mending that one can do. I am sure your parents will understand if you wear a different coat.”
Jirou nods in agreement when he hears Karasu mention about them being family and how those bonds can sometimes be stronger than even blood relations. “Family is more than just blood. Kashikoi and I are family too even though he has a different mother and father. He is my brother from another mother. So you got us as family too.” When he hears Karasu start bossing them into the kitchen to make the cake Jirou lets out a groan that turns into a laugh, “I thought Kashikoi was going to supervise. How did you get to be the boss all of the sudden?” Kashikoi moves behind them and attempts to move the three of them into the kitchen by pushing them forward. Jirou looks towards Kashikoi and says to him, “Easy there Bossy.” It looked like he would have to help with making this cake. He hoped he wouldn’t do anything to mess it up. He could boil water but other than that he was not very experienced with cooking.​
[WC: 418]​

Uchiha Hinata

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S Rank
He calmed down quite abit looking at the two as he looked at jirou
"My normal kimono was made by my mom and....To be honest I wont be happy till I can make those that killed them pay!!"

He said having an intense look of hatred and revenge on his face, one Jirou never seen but Karasu has seen it before. His fixation with revenge still lasting as he was rather touchy around the subject of bandits already.

After a bit and he calmed himself down he looked down at his hands for a moment before speaking up

"Can.......you two do me a favor..........Remember how I said I left my village covered in blood karasu"

he said as it was from the time he told her about his village.

"I would like to go.......bury something there"

He said clutching his fist as despite not saying it, Karasu heard the story, he left the village right after the incident. which means he never buried their bodies, Something he might need to see through first before he can truly recover from such mental trauma

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Karasu was in the kitchen getting all the ingredients for the cake. She heard Hinata speak about the village he was in and that he wanted to go there and bury something.. She nodded to him. “Well it’s not gonna be easy to leave the village. What did you want to bury anyway?” she asked Hinata. She then looked to Jirou and said. "I’m gonna need eggs and a beater too." She smiled at them then got a bowl. She also looked in the back of the box making sure she got everything. She read it over a few times then said “Right now Hinata can you preheat the oven and I don’t mean with your fire jutsu” she giggled

She looked at Kashikoi and said. “I’m gonna need a pan boy ok will you get me one.” she patted the wolf pup on the head before returning to her cooking duties. She turned to Hinata. “Did you wanna go back to the village to see if anyone was alive or is a family member who you want to bury?” she asked while she poured the box into the bowl then waited on the other things she needed that Kashikoi and Jirou were getting. So far there was no mess and Karasu was happy and surprised at the same time. Her dad still hasn’t come home so she was going to surprise him as well.

“I promise Hinata we will go back to your village. Jirou and Kashikoi too. All of us have known pain and tragedy. We all understand what we've been through though you may not know Jirou’s own story and he might know yours yet either. Still you both have a lot in common. If we work together we can face whatever demons we had and all the bandits who hurt us. “

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Jirou and Kashikoi follow Karasu into the kitchen looking around and wondering just how they will go about making this cake. Once she starts giving orders he nods in understanding that they will need eggs and a beater. Kashikoi yips and trots off to retrieve his dog bowl for the cake. Despite the fact that it does not even resemble a cake pan, he holds it in his mouth happily and paws at Karasu's foot for her to take. Kashikoi was more than willing to help make and eat this cake. Jirou has heard what Hinata asked and has the same question that Karasu already asked him. While he waits to hear how Hinata answers Karasu’s question and having no idea what a beater looks like or how many eggs are needed for a cake, Jirou asks her as he is standing looking at the eggs in the refrigerator. “How many eggs do you need? Also what does a beater look like? Sorry but I have never made a cake before.”

When Karasu mentions returning to their respective villages, Jirou is intrigued by the prospect. “I don’t even know if my parents were buried after what happened. Maybe someone came along after. I would like to think so. It would be good to pay my respects and see what is left of my parents home. Maybe we will be able to pay our respects and bury those left unburied. Perhaps we should ask Kuren to accompany us since she is good at digging graves. We can all go to our respective villages together. That way we are not alone should we encounter any remaining threats.”

Jirou awaited further instructions from Karasu, since she seemed to know everything there was to know about making cakes. Certainly she knew a whole lot more about the process than he did.​

[WC: 307]​

Last edited:

Uchiha Hinata

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S Rank
Hinata followed after them. as he was depressed as he answered Karasu's questions.
"I want to bury my parents, my friend, neighbors and everyone"
He said in a sad tone as they got to the kitchen he heard Karasu's joke, it actually made him laugh as he nodded softly, a bit more cheered up now.
walking over to preheat the oven as he looked at them, knowing them been through the same as him calmed him somehow

"I also want to get a few things from my home"
He said as soon the topic came up, having to talk about it was touchy but he should know.

"I come from a village near the leaf, It was Isolated but happy, My parents weren't my real parents they found me and raised me as their own, apparently they found me and knew I was an uchiha from the fact I had a small kimono on me with the uchiha clan symbol.....Also the hair and eyes became proof later on. BAsically one day when I was sleeping, I woke up.....I found my entire village was murdered all for me. I found my parents dead, my mom clinging to life.
He clenched his fists as this was rather hard for him to say

"I got to say my farewell to her but I am also the reason for her death, she begged me to put her out of her misery, I had to dig into her chest and stop her heart, after that......My limbs covered in blood and I spotted the bandits leaving, I left there.....I dunno how long I was in the forest, just before I knew, I was at the gates of the hidden leaf. and at least a few days passed as I collapsed from starvation and Chakra Loss, My Sharingan was active the entire time."

He spoke the whole story for once as he was about to break down crying.

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Karasu told Jirou that she needed three eggs. She also told him that the beater looked like a wired corn dog and she pointed to where it was. Kashikoi came trotting along with his dog bowl in his mouth. Karasu laughed. “Aww that’s so thoughtful of you Kashikoi but that’s not the bowl I need. In the cabinet over there is a big blue bowl. That’s where you can find it, then give it to me when you do." She pats the little wolf pup and shows him which cabinet before she continues on to what she was doing. As she was doing this she listened to Jirou who spoke first. Jirou mentioned not knowing if his parents were buried. Karasu looked a bit sad then said “My mum was in a burning building when we fled. I know there is nobody to bury just ash.” Hinata mentioned he wanted to bury his parents.

She heard Jirou mention that they all go and pay respects to our loved ones that passed away. “That’s a good idea Jirou. I don’t think Kuren would be the right person to bring along. I think I would rather ask Hikaru instead. She would be more sympathetic and she is a Jounin now. She would be able to accompany us out of the village.” she replied back. She looked at Jirou and Hinata. “Don’t worry we will all go and pay respects and if bodies are found we will bury them too. “

Karasu looked at Jirou and Kashikoi before saying “So we will need to decorate the room with some birthday stuff. I’m gonna let you two handle that." She smiled at both of them. She looked at Hinata who looked like he was in tears. “It will be ok I promise. Let’s get this party started and not think of our losses for now. Your birthday shouldn’t be a sad one. Think of it as bittersweet.”

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Jirou laughed watching Kashikoi bring back his dog bowl instead of the cake pan, “I think Kashikoi thinks the cake is all for him.“ When he hears the whisk being described by Karasu and she indicates the area where it can be found, he walks over and gets it out of the drawer. Holding it up he tells Karasu as he is walking back to where he left the eggs, “Found it.” Kashikoi left his bowl on the floor and went over to the low cabinet opening it up with his nose. He started rummaging through the various bowls and pans making a lot of noise in the process. He finally happens to find the blue bowl and drags it along with several other bowls and pans from the cupboard. He trots over to Karasu leaving the mess in his wake and holds it up for her to take. In the meantime Jirou sets three eggs on the counter beside the whisk and returns the carton of eggs to the refrigerator.

When Jirou hears what Karasu says about only ashes being left of her mum, he looks sad but then adds afterwards. “You know even if there are only ashes or fragments left you can still collect what is left and pay your respects. Maybe she left something behind for you that didn’t get burned up. We can ask Hikaru. That would be good since she is a Jounin now. We really don’t know what we would be facing.” Hearing the instructions that now they need to start putting up decorations, Jirou and Kashiko went to work on their new project. “This way boy. I think I saw some decorations in the hall closet. You can help me put up the decorations." They found paper streamers, Japanese paper lanterns, Japanese style fans, water color paints and even multicolored balloons. They could work with this as Jirou set to work on making a Happy Birthday Banner first. Calling back to the kitchen he asks, “What is your favorite color, Hinata? This is going to be the best party ever.”

[WC: 348]​

Uchiha Hinata

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S Rank
Hinata reached into his pocket, pulling out a piece of paper as he clenched it in his fist before looking at his friend, Karasu and Jirou and Kishikoi
"Hey sorry I realized I need to go take care of something, I will be back soon ok, Surprise me with how great it would look"
he said with a smile as he soon headed to his room, grabbing his gear and others before leaving the home. He seemed to be in a hurry as for some reason those who got close to him, Karasu and Jirou could tell that was out of the ordinary for hinata, yet he would return sooner or later. Wether he is the same Hinata is a different tale.

[Topic Left Temporarily}

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
The cake was baking in the oven and Karasu was cleaning up. She gave Kashikoi and Jirou the last of the batter contents. Everything was going great. Even Hinata seemed to be happy. The smell of the cake cooking was filling the air. She looked at Jirou and said “You can put the icing on the cake if you like. We got chocolate and also some candy toppings too. “ She said then went to the cupboard where the icing was. She then got a utensil for Jirou to use to add the frosting. She then added some fruit to the table. She figured she would add ice cream as well when the cake was ready to be sliced.

After she was finished she sat at the table in the kitchen to chat with Jirou and Hinata. She petted Kashikoi a few times. She could tell the wolf pup was getting excited for the cake. It was a pleasant day and she had to admit one of the best days they had together. She wished her father was here but she knew he was working in his weapons shop. Hopefully he could come later and join in on their little party. In the meantime the three Genin were bonding happily. Hinata surprised her by saying he was going out to take care of something. ‘Maybe he went to get some drinks?’ she guessed then nodded thinking nothing of it.

After forty five minutes went by a beeping sound went off which told her that it was time for the cave to be removed from the oven. She grabbed some thick mittens that were made for handling hot items. She placed it on the table. “Let it sit for a few then you can put the frosting on.” she told Jirou. She started to gather a few things to put on the table including some extra snacks and ice cream. She put some plates down too before sitting down. “ I wonder what’s taking Hinata so long. I thought he went out to buy some drinks for the party. Of course we had some here but it was the only thing I could think of on why he left.” she said

Several hours had passed and Karasu, who had filled up on fruit but not cake because she was waiting for Hinata, gave up on the idea that her friend was coming back anytime soon. She was disappointed in him. This party was for him yet he left them as if it didn’t matter to him. The door opened up and she thought Hinata finally came home. She shouted out “It’s about time where have you been?” but it was not Hinata. It was her father Hiro. He wheeled himself into the kitchen “What's with the tone? You know I was at work.” Her face was apologetic. “I’m sorry dad, I thought you were Hinata. We were making a cake for his birthday and having a small party before he stepped out. He said he would come back soon but hasn’t come back for hours.” she paused then said “I don’t know if I should be worried or mad. He obviously had something more important to do than to spend time with us. “ she fumed.

“We made a cake. You can have some. I will eat a piece but then I think I will just head to bed. It’s late anyway. “ She turned to Kashikoi and Jirou “You two can eat the cake what's left if you want. It shouldn’t go to waste." she said then walked off to her room after she ate her cake with Jirou, Hiro, and Kashikoi. She was very upset and didn’t know what she would do once she saw Hinata again. “He better have a good explanation.” she got dressed in her pajamas then got into bed. She just laid there wondering what happened to him before finally falling asleep.

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Jirou looked over the festive decorations once he had finished hanging up the streamers and party favors. He thought it looked pretty good. Kashikoi wasted no time in going into the kitchen to lick the bowl when he was called. Jirou went in and licked the cake batter from the beaters. He was feeling festive and happy. Everything was going to be great.

Once he heard Karasu say that he could add the frosting to the cake after they let it cool down for a bit, Jirou was happy to do so. He had never even gotten to have the birthday cake that his mom had been making for him on what for him was the last birthday celebration that he had. He remembered how happy he was that day. Until bandits changed everything that is. He didn’t think he would ever be that happy again. It wasn’t even his birthday that they were celebrating today, but he still felt happy that had a part in making someone else’s birthday a happy one. Perhaps that is why he was surprised when he heard Hinata tell them that he would return shortly. It did not even occur to him to ask where he was going. After all, who walks out on their own party?

After the table was set and the cake was set down on the center of the table, Jirou washed the knife he had used to spread the frosting and went to take his seat at the table while they waited for Hinata to return. He looked across at Karasu and asked, “What do you think is taking him so long? No one just walks out on their own party. He must be on the way back.” He could see that Karasu was becoming increasingly irritated as the minutes dragged into an hour and the hour dragged over several more hours. Jirou didn’t understand how anyone could just leave their own party. He felt insulted and scarcely even knew what to say. Even Kashikoi whimpered and looked up confused wanting to have his share of the cake already. When he heard Karasu snap at her father before she realized it was him who had arrived home and not Hinata he tried to make her feel better, “Why would he just not even return? I thought we were all having fun? He better have a really good reason for skipping out on us like this. I wouldn't have left if it was my party. We can have our own party without the selfish prat. His loss and hell if we will ever have another party for his stupid arse.” Jirou was angry and he wanted to track him down and beat the crap out of him. He wondered if all Uchiha’s were like this. Jirou was determined to beat the Uchiha right out of him if they were. He had made Karasu feel bad and that was an offense he would not let slide. “Karasu, I give you my word that I will beat the Uchiha right out of him and he will rue the day he ditched us. I keep my word too. That is my ninja way.”

Even though they both had a slice of cake together, Karasu went off to her room afterwards still mad. There was really nothing that Jirou could say to help. He watched her leave frowning because the party that had been going so well was suddenly ruined because of Hinata. Jirou sure did have miserable luck with parties. It might be best to just forego parties in the future. Still angry, Jirou made a conscious decision to go with Kashikoi to track Hinata down and give him a thorough beating. “Let’s go find Hinata. I have a bone to pick with that Uchiha.” They would then make their way out of the house unless stopped.

[WC: 644]​

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Karasu laid in bed thinking about what could have happened to Hinata. ‘Why did he leave?’ she just couldn’t figure it out. It made no sense. They were having a party just for him but he decided that he would leave. He said he would be back soon, but whatever he did was something that took up too much time. So much that it left her Jirou and Kashikoi behind. Anger rose up inside her but there was also concern. She hoped that nothing bad happened to him. He was capable of taking care of himself but there are seedy areas of the village. Karasu knew this for a fact. Jirou had saved her from such an area.

She tossed and turned as the night went on. She finally fell asleep and in her dreams she was with Jirou, Kashikoi and Hinata. The Uchiha’s eye was bleeding then he opened it up showing the Mangekyo Sharingan. Then all of a sudden the room was filled with black flames which caught on her arm. She could see Kashikoi whimpering as the burning black flames were upon him too. Jirou also was trying to get the black flames off him. They were all in pain. “Hiiiinn …..aaattta” she screamed but the young Uchiha just looked at her with no emotion. Everything went dark for her.

She woke up quickly “NOOOO!” She looked at her arms and entire body but no sign of black flames. She shook her head baffled “It must have been a dream. A very bad dream.” she sighed as she looked out the window. It was morning already. She got up and took a shower. Afterwards she got dressed for the day. She went into the kitchen and saw that last night’s dishes were all cleaned up. Her dad probably did them. She knocked on Hinata’s door to see if he was there. There was no answer. She opened it to take a look and check in on him. His bed looked like it wasn’t touched. “He didn’t come home last night.” she said then went to Jirou’s room to see if he had heard from Hinata.

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Jirou had been out all night looking for Hinata. By the time he returned home with Kashikoi the sun was starting to come up. He headed inside just wanting to get some sleep before he headed out again to look for Hinata. He was nowhere to be found in the village or even outside of it. He had no idea where he may have gone. He did know that he wanted to beat the Uchiha out of him for ditching them and his party. Jirou was not happy about being ditched. At the moment though they needed to get some sleep. He looked inside the living room and could see that all the decorations were still up. This was just another reminder of the failed attempt at a birthday party. It made him want to give Hinata a thorough beating. That would have to wait though. After being up all night he needed to sleep.

Jirou walked down the hallway to his bedroom. As he got closer he could see Karasu standing before his doorway looking as though she was about to knock on the door. If she opened the door she would be able to see that his bed had not been slept in. Coming up behind her quietly Jirou says, “I went out looking for Hinata. I couldn’t find him anywhere. I can’t understand how he could just ditch us like that. I want to know what was so important that it couldn’t wait until after the party.” Jirou felt hurt, angry and now tired. “When I find him I am going to beat the Uchiha right out of him,” he said clenching his fist by his side.

[WC: 280]​

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
The night that Karasu was promoted to Jounin after taking the Chuunin Exam, she arrived home and told her father about her and Jirou’s promotion. Hiro wanted to celebrate but noticed how exhausted they both looked. He smiled and congratulated them as they went to clean up and head to bed. The next day Hiro got up early and started to bake a cake and put up some decorations. One of the decorations was a banner over the living room saying.

Congratulations Karasu, Jirou and Kashikoi!

He wanted everything to look perfect when they got up. It appeared they all slept in and now it was early afternoon. Hiro also had ordered various foods for them. Rice Balls, Ichi Raku Ramen and some BBQ Beef all there waiting for them to chow down along with the cake that had a kunai on it. Hiro was getting things all set up when he heard some noise in the hallway. He figured one of them was already up. He smiled then saw Karasu walk into the kitchen.

“Hey Dad” she said then saw all the food on the table. “Wow is that for us?” she asked. Hiro nodded toward his daughter. “Of course it is. I have to celebrate both of my kids' promotions. I am really proud and wanted to show you both that by giving a little party just the family. I ordered some food so i didn’t have to cook much. I even got decorations. If you look around you will see them up.”

Karasu did look around the house and smiled brightly. “They look great dad, great job on them. I can’t believe we are Jounin now. I’m so happy and yet I know that things will only get harder.”

Hiro nodded “Indeed, now that you both are high level Shinobi you must prove that you deserve that rank and are capable of being true leaders among the village. I believe in all of you and know that you all have the potential to one day be Hokage if you want. I know that's a dream for both of you. It takes hard work and dedication but if anyone can do it both of you can.” he said with pride. He thought in the distance that he heard a sound, possibly a bark. “Maybe Jirou and Kashikoi are up now. “

[Topic Reentered]

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
The walk home was filled with happiness despite their exhaustion. It all seemed like a dream and Jirou was absolutely elated. When they arrived home Hiro welcomed them home, while Karasu filled her father in on the good news. He had wanted there to be a celebration immediately on hearing the news. Thankfully he must have seen how exhausted they all were. Instead he insisted that they go get cleaned up and get right to bed. That was just fine with Jirou and Kashikoi. They didn’t think they could have stayed awake much longer anyway. No one protested and everyone disappeared into their respective rooms.

Jirou and Kashikoi never quite made it to the bathroom, instead collapsing on the bed and falling right to sleep. It was there that they would remain until the next day. There was no waking up early for Jirou and Kashikoi to go training. When they finally did awaken it was almost noon and lunch time. The first thing that Jirou did was to take Kashikoi outside to relieve himself. He was also aware that he needed a shower badly. When they returned to the house, it was to shower and get into clean clothes.

Once Jirou was showered and in clean clothes he heard Kashikoi bark. Jirou knew that it was his ‘I am HUNGRY’ bark, because he was hungry as well. “Okay Kashikoi. I know I am hungry too. We will head downstairs and see about some food.” Jirou was not thinking about any celebrations that may have been planned. Jirou came downstairs to see the colorful decorations that had been put up. There was even a banner with all of their names on it. Kashikoi made a beeline for the food on the table in the kitchen. Jirou smiled widely, “This looks and smells great. You really did a lot here. I still can’t believe that we really are Jounin.” Hiro looks up when Jirou and Kashikoi enter the kitchen, “Yes this is for all three of you. We are here together as one family not through blood but through the bonds that have brought us together. Much will be expected of you both from now onwards. This deserves a celebration. Please have a seat and eat. I will prepare a plate for Kashikoi.”

[WC: 382]
[Topic Reentered]​

Last edited:
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Karasu was so happy and though she still felt tired from the ordeal she didn’t let on. Though her father could tell she needed the rest still. Luckily a small party wouldn’t drain them like a practical exam would. There was a lot of food on the table and Hiro looked at both of them. “Eat up you three there is plenty to go around. I just want to tell you three” he looked at Kashikoi and ruffled his fur on his head. “That I’m proud of you. You all worked so hard and now it’s paying off. If the Fourth Hokage can see your potential then everyone in the village will see it too.”

Karasu smiled and nodded while putting food on her plate. She ate savoring the taste in her mouth. She was happy that she could share it with her family though it wasn’t quite complete because a couple of people were missing. One was her mother of course who had passed away. The other was her friend and very much like a brother to her. She hoped Hinata was ok and that he would come home soon wherever he was.

She tried to not let things get to her so she just braved a smile. Hiro was still smiling proudly at all of them. “You know kids I may not be your blood kin” he was looking at Jirou and Kashikoi when he spoke. “I do love and care for you as if you were. I know that your parents are looking down at you with pride. I believe that we were meant to meet with each other. I consider you my sons. I just want you to know that.” Hiro looked at Karasu. “I know that your mother is proud as well just as I am. There are no words I can say more than I love you dearly.” his eyes swelled up with tears and Karasu started to have tears as well before she went and hugged her dad.

This was a good day and a joyous one. Karasu couldn’t be happier than she was right now. She laughed as her dad said some Shinobi jokes. The party lasted most of the day. She took some pictures of her dad and Jirou and Kashikoi to remember the day. She would add it to her cork board and scrap book that had all her memories that she was able to capture being in the Leaf Village. This was a day she will always remember.

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Jirou smiled at what had been done and at all the food that was spread out on the table just waiting for them to enjoy it. It reminded him of another party that was supposed to happen but didn’t. That was the party that they were going to have for Hinata’s birthday. Except that he left before the cake was even finished being made and only half the decorations had been put up. He had seen him during the written chunin exam, but then he had never shown up for the practical part of the exam. He wondered briefly what was going on with him. Still he was determined that it would not lessen the impact of the celebration today. Jirou was not about to let anything or anyone bring down his good mood.

Jirou did not hesitate to fill his plate sitting down at the table across from Karasu to eat. Lowering his head he said a short grace expressing his thanks for the food and the good company. Kashikoi was already enjoying his plate of food while Jirou listened to what Hiro had to say to them. The words he spoke to him and Kashikoi gave him a sudden case of the sniffles and he had to wipe a tear from his eye before he spoke, “That really means a lot to me. You have given us a home and I will always be grateful. I think you are right that we were meant to meet. I don’t even remember what my parents looked like. I remember watching them die, but it's their features that are hard to make out. Sometimes I do wish I had a picture of them, but I don’t even know if that house is even there anymore.” Jirou stops and resumes eating reflecting on what he had said. “I like to think that my parents are here looking on at all of us together. It is our connections with each other that give us strength.” He smiles and stands up moving to hug Hiro, “Thank you for everything that you do.”

Returning to his seat Jirou sits back down and eats the delicious food. Throughout the day Jirou laughs with Hiro enjoying his really bad puns. Even Kashikoi got into the act howling every time a particularly bad pun was said. There were a lot of howls over the course of the day. The celebration went on for many hours and Jirou felt happy with his family. This was one day that he would never forget. Eventually the food was cleared away and it was time for bed. Jirou and Kashikoi headed into their room after saying their good nights. As Jirou’s head hit the pillow he drifted off quickly to sleep, a smile still on his face while Kashikoi snored on his own bed.

[WC: 472]​

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
In the kitchen was Nakano Hiro, who was setting up the table for breakfast. He had four plates there but thought about the plate that wasn’t there. He sighed thinking of the young kids he and his daughter took in. Two of them were doing well as their careers were off and running just like his daughter Karasu’s career. The other went missing. All he knew was the kids had a birthday party for the young Uchiha and all seemed to be going well until the boy said he had to leave but would be right back. He never did come back, which had everyone worried and had gone to look for him, but he was nowhere to be found. It was like he vanished without a trace. That happened when Karasu and Jirou were twelve years old. Hinata was turning twelve too. Now Karasu and Jirou are fifteen and they have been promoted to Jounin. Not a day goes by that Hiro doesn’t think of Hinata. He doesn’t mention it to the two young Jounin because he doesn’t want them to feel responsible or once again go looking for Hinata. He just hoped that Hinata was ok and would make his way home once again.

Hiro shook his head to get out of the dream state that befell him. He placed the morning breakfast on the table. It was rice and eggs with some fruit. He even had some bacon on the table. A bit extra for the ninja wolf Kashikoi who was Jirou’s companion. He waited for the kids to get up and come to the kitchen so they could all eat together. They don’t get many chances like this anymore ever since they became full fledged Shinobi. Hiro likes to cherish the moments he can. He rolled his wheelchair to the end of the table as he heard footsteps approaching the dining area that was connected to the kitchen.

Karasu had just gotten out of the shower and dressed. She had no assignments as of yet, but she knew that it could come any minute. She might just go train her skills to pass the time away. She wanted to keep in shape and be prepared just in case something happened. She walked out of her room and headed for the kitchen. She smelled food in the air and she followed her nose like she was Kashikoi, letting the delicious smells lead the way. When she entered the kitchen she saw her father at the end of the table waiting on her and Jirou and Kashikoi. She smiled at her dad and said “Good morning dad” she kissed him on the cheek then sat down at a chair that was next to him.

“I see we are still waiting on Jirou and Kashikoi. Did they take a walk like they usually do when they get up or were they in their room?” she asked her dad. Hiro shrugged his shoulders unsure of the answer. “I really don’t know. They usually go out before I even notice them. They are getting good at stealth.” he chuckled. Karasu nodded toward her father and waited for Jirou and Kashikoi. She thought she may have heard a sound. “That might be them now.” she said to her dad.

[WC: 547]
[MFT]

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Jirou had been up late working on the poster to put up at the Academy looking for Genin to help with patrol duties around the perimeter of the village. The bandits had become a real nuisance and were beginning to influence traffic coming in and out of the village. This task had fallen to him and he would make sure that the bandit activity ceased so that the merchant traffic could resume normally free from fear. While Kashikoi slept snoring away on his pillow, Jirou worked steadily on the poster into the night and early morning hours. By the time that he had finished and was happy with what he had done, it was just past three in the morning. He left the poster on the desk spread out flat so that the paint and ink could dry thoroughly. Exhausted Jirou crawled beneath his covers and fell right to sleep.

Jirou slept later than usual and he was glad that he had trained Kashikoi to let himself outside. By the time he finally awoke Kashikoi was already back in their room and whining for breakfast. Jirou sat on the edge of the bed stretching his limbs and yawning himself into wakefulness, “Okay Kashikoi. Let me wash up and get changed and we will go see about breakfast.” The smells from the kitchen had made it back to their room and he could well understand Kashikoi wanting to eat. Something smelled very good. Jirou entered the bathroom to wash up and brush his teeth afterwards pulling his clothes and boots on for the start of the day. Jirou approached the now dry poster on his desk rolling it up and sliding it into his backpack. He wanted to get Karasu and Hiro’s opinion before he put it up at the Academy. He was pleased with what he had done with it, but he knew that the opinions of others could help if improvements were needed. After putting his belt and pouch on, Jirou put the sword holster on and sheathed his katana. He was all set to go and he motioned for Kashikoi to lead the way out for breakfast, “First breakfast and then we need to put posters up.”

Kashikoi entered the kitchen first, yipping and ready to be fed with Jirou right behind him, “Something smells very good as always Hiro. I finished the poster to go up in the Academy. I would like your feedback on it if that is all right.” Jirou smiles over towards Karasu and takes a seat at the table. Setting his backpack down on the floor he pulls out the rolled poster and starts to unroll it to reveal his work, “I hope this will get me some genin for my mission. What do you two think?” While he waited to hear their thoughts, Hiro placed the plate down for Kashikoi and then another plate before Jirou. Indicating for them to eat Hiro turns his attention to the poster studying it.

Jirou smiled and began to eat the rice, eggs and bacon that was on the plate before him. The meal was satisfying and he really enjoyed the fresh strawberries and mango as well. It made Jirou thankful that fate had led him to Karasu and her father, Hiro. This was his clan and he would not waver from protecting both his clan and the village. These were the connections that gave him strength and would not let him waver from his goal. Jirou sometimes wondered what became of Hinata after he had gone missing. It had been almost three years and there had been no word. Jirou wondered if there might come a time when he would face him again and what that might look like. Would he return to the village like Ziren had or would there be a battle? This was a very real possibility and Jirou would continue training and sharpening his skills to be ready. As for the present, life would continue and Jirou took his assigned tasks seriously. He now waited to hear what Karasu and Jiro thought of his poster.
Leaf Recruitment Poster (Smaller).png

[WC: 684]
[MFT]

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
The past few days were uneventful. Karasu was in the library several times just looking up random stuff, nothing to shout about. She was able to bring a few scrolls home to read. One of the scrolls were of various known clans and their known abilities and history. It was fascinating to her. She liked reading up on things of that nature. A thought came to mind when she remembered Jirou’s poster on gathering Genin and students for a mission. She didn’t know how things were going but wanted to ask him once she saw him. Karasu plumped down on a cushy chair in the living room, continuing to look at scrolls. She felt she needed to know as much as possible just in case she was assigned to go on a mission. She was happy she chose the diplomat route and tried to think of strategic ways to accomplish the goals she wanted to achieve. It wasn’t easy because nothing ever happens as they are planned. She was pretty resourceful and could improvise if she needed to. She knew this so she would just file what she might be able to do in some cases. Overall she just wanted to be prepared for anything.

As she sat in the living room her dad came into the house. He seemed distracted which was unlike him. She studied him before saying. “Hey dad, is there anything wrong?” Nakano Hiro turned around in his wheelchair not realizing his daughter was talking to him at first. “Huh oh hi there Karasu. Yes I'm fine just looking at this letter I received from the Land of Wind. It appears all this time I have been verified as a missing nin since I never really came back from a mission that I was sent out on years ago before you were born. As you know, I married your mom and settled in the Land of Lightning. I’m no longer a Shinobi due to my disability. Anyway I don’t know what to do. I didn’t want to leave my village. I just fell in love and wanted to spend my life having a family and providing for them. I guess I am a traitor now since I use my abilities by making weapons for the Leaf village. That is the last thing I wanted to be but the Leaf village took us in after everywhere else had attacked us or refused to let us in. With all that we've been through I hope I can get someone to understand and rectify the situation. I’m not really a threat to anyone anymore though I have my Shinobi abilities. It's harder for me to use without my legs. I was only really proficient in weaponry, nothing more. It’s not like I’m an Uchiha or another clan with formidable jutsu skills. “ He shrugged, then looked at her.

Karasu thought about what her dad said and nodded. “Yes I am sure there is something we can do to help you. We don’t want anyone coming to hunt you down. That’s the last thing we want. I will talk to Jirou once I see him to see if we both can come up with something that can make you safe from the Sand Village. Maybe my new diplomatic position can also help. “ she said, giving her father a smile of reassurance. Now Karasu had to come up with what she could do to help her father. This needs to be resolved as soon as possible or something terrible might happen. To be without her dad, well Karasu couldn’t bear to think about that. She will protect him with her life no matter what.

[WC: 612]
[MFT]

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
The past few days had been a whirlwind of activity that Jirou had spent dutifully assembling several teams for the mission that he had been assigned to lead. Jirou thrived in being trusted with such an important task by Soku. He wanted to do well and show that the trust was not misplaced. Those who had responded to his poster now waited with him for the final approval from the council before they could set out. The Leaf village ran on its bureaucracy and piles of paperwork. Jirou imagined that it was the same in every village. Jirou felt that it was time to start using the technology they had to create a more efficient way to organize the books and files. After all, the computers they had were gathering dust for the most part because many of the village elders were either afraid to modernize or did not have the first clue as to how to use the machines. It was very likely a combination of both those factors and Jirou wanted to help to evolve the Leaf village into a digital age if possible. For now however Jirou had to just wait patiently for the approval to come through from an overworked, harried Hokage and her aides. As it was Jirou had himself been so busy that he had scarcely even seen Hiro or Karasu. This is why it seemed like a good time to catch up with both Karasu and Hiro, while he waited for the wheels of bureaucracy to grind slowly forward.

Jirou entered the living room having heard the conversation Hiro was having with Karasu. Not wanting to interrupt he listened and knew that this could be a very serious situation if it was not addressed and cleared up. Jirou did not want anyone to come hunting the man who had become like a father to him. Jirou thought carefully before speaking his thoughts on how it might be best to approach this situation. Jirou was curious to know the reasons why Hiro had not returned to his own village after the assigned mission. That was unusual, but if he at least knew the reasons why, it could help in getting the matter resolved with the Sand village.

It was Kashikoi who yipped first gaining the attention of both Karasu and Hiro who looked over and saw Jirou with him. They had come inside the house having returned from their walk and as timing would have it already heard the conversation in progress. It was then that Jirou spoke up to say what was on his mind, “I hope I am not interrupting a private conversation. I couldn’t help but hear what you were telling Karasu. I would be willing to do what I can to help clear this matter up. I sure don’t want to see people coming here to get you. You are like a father to me and I will do what I can to protect you. Maybe there is a way to resolve this matter and get it closed with the Sand village. I do think that we need to be straightforward with the Sand village though about what happened. You can start with telling me what stopped you from returning to the Sand village after the mission you had been sent on? Did you complete any part of the mission or at least send word to them about the results or lack of results? It is hard to know how best to proceed without having all the facts in front of me. We will very likely need to inform the Hokage as well.” Jirou took a seat in a chair across from Karasu while he waited to hear what Hiro had to say. Jirou knew very well that this could be a very bad situation if not handled carefully and with diplomacy.

[WC: 642]
[MFT]

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back