Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Contract Search the fox and the cat

Kazanari Ichika

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
C
A chill autumn gale carrying fallen leaves, the peaceful cacophony of stirring birds and crickets in the waking dawn. It was such a beautiful morning, but there was just one problem. He’s been wandering in the woods for what feels like forever. He’d never admit it, but he was definitely lost on his way to an early morning assignment. Kicking rocks across unsteady ground thinking about how he was sure to get detention for not properly paying attention, too busy thinking about his beloved Kise. The Proctor was ruthless! Uwaa! No, that’s not fair. Ichika knew he should’ve been paying attention. Still, he was completely turned around and he had to find his way back to civilization.

Focus, soldier! We gotta make it home. He giggles, but honestly this was how he felt he should conceptualize it. Just another mission. Make it home at any cost. He picks up the pace a bit, moving at a brisk pace, the harmonious sounds of nature silencing as he proceeds, the trees growing denser and denser. It felt like he was going back in time, not a single creature making a peep, lest it find itself in the jaws of a predator. The air turns heavy as the lush forest becomes nearly impenetrable, the sun failing to permeate these billowing branches. He had to be just a hop-skip away from his destination, right?

An ear-splitting roar echoes from out of nowhere, Ichika instinctively bolting for cover, catching the briefest glimpse of red in the tree line. He was terrified, the hair on his arm prickled up and sparks shiver through his skin. He knew instantly that he did not want to encounter whatever made that savage roar- it was certain death. He had to go back the way he came, but where exactly? Everything in the forest looked identical. There had to be some kind of escape! He takes a single soft step, a branch cracking under his weight feels like the world crashes down on him in response.

Run! Run! Run away!

And so he does. Caution to the wind as he breaks for it, branches cutting him to ribbons, slamming into his face as he blindly runs for his life. This forest was that beast’s realm and it was trying to secure prey for its master. He finally sees the warm embrace of light, an exit from this hellish jungle. Bounding into the clearing as gracefully as the hunted could be, before falling to his knees, his body exhausted and dripping in a cold sweat, covered in nasty wounds. Ichika hears a thud behind him, his eyes widening in shock as his heart sinks into the abyss forming in his gut. How long has it been following me?

It stalks a little closer, every step sending a shiver up Ichika’s spine. “Where do you think you’re going, boy? I did not give you permission to leave my domain!” The growls of a beast forming perfectly clear words. Ichika hesitates to face the creature, mustering every ounce of his strength to courageously face his hunter. If he was going to die, he’d do it on his terms, fighting to the end. He would not be quiet prey. In this cruel world that would see the strong prevail he would just have to burn brighter, even if nothing but ash remained. It was the harsh reality he was faced with constantly.

Even if that’s true!

It was primeval. Indisputably the monarch of this macabre domain, despite its rather lean stature. What he saw was a creature that could only be described as a nightmare- well, one you would never wake from. Its crimson body covered in jagged edges threatening to skewer anything that dared revolt against its royal authority, all paling in comparison to the serrated fangs protruding from its closed mouth. Two layers of razor-sharp claws extending from each of the quadraped’s paws to rend flesh from bone with a single strike. Its luminous red gaze swallows its prey whole, confining them into infernal lanterns.

Run! Run! Run!

“Go to hell!”

Ichika stands his ground, baring his teeth at the monster before him. His chakra pulses through his vein, scalding and hissing for release as he twists shaky hands into seals. He had to put everything into this jutsu before the beast decided to stop toying with his would-be meal. He’d always felt an affinity to fire, his body always burning under stressful situations, screaming to get out. It’s time to let it out, Ichika. Now or never! He releases the floodgates on the tempestuous fire confined in the deepest depths of his soul, cloaking his arms in torrid flames, humming along with blistering flesh. The beast hesitates, shrinking away at the sight of thrashing conflagration. Ichika explodes into a bloodcurdling howl, releasing the blazing comet in the palm of his hand.

The dying gasp of a prehistoric age, dragged kicking and screaming into the age of man The age of fire. The creature recoils in pain, sharp pins melting away into oozing blood as it curses the boy who wields the destruction of all that is primordial in the palm of his hand. The bane of a savage world wielded by meer prey. “What are you doing, whelp!?” It cries out, stunned and confused, never once being challenged. Now would be the time to make an escape, but Ichika persists, dashing forward at the terrifying creature, releasing another smaller fireball that explodes in its face, covering Ichika’s advance as he bounds towards the creature, veiled in a veneer of flowing embers. He crashes a fist into its head. “Putting you down, freak! Turn to ash!”

I can do it. I can win!

He’s too high on hubris to notice. The scarlet ooze leaking from the creature’s pins were convulsing, readying to strike, an innate survival mechanic of an animal in a cutthroat world. Sharp tendrils burst from the beast’s body slicing deep into Ichika's abdomen. None of it mattered, did it? The grim reality that he could never hope to make it out of here, away from this dreadful beast.. It’s already upon him before he can recover, fire dims as it nears, gnarled jaw coming within inches of Ichika’s face. He closes his eyes, life flashing before his eyes. His dad, Kise, all of the classmates he wanted to get to know, a myriad of regrets and hopes for the future that were about to be shattered.

But nothing is happening? He stands there, eyes shut to the horrible fate that awaited him. Why was it being so cruel? Even now that it was victorious, its prey was deeply wounded, within biting distance. He peeks out from one eye and sees the creature simply sizing him up. “Hurry up and eat me if you’re gonna!” It took every ounce of courage to say something so pathetic and yet all he heard was a coarse, chuckle. It just laughed in his face and Ichika was powerless to stop it. “You dare to make demands of me, whelp? It would be a waste to devour you. You’re the only prey that has ever surprised me, made me feel fear. You’re amusing. I don’t know how you entered this domain, but you’ve sufficiently cured my boredom, mongrel” The beat circles around the petrified boy, relaxed demeanor as it talks down to its subject. “Rejoice, I’ve come to like you. You’ll get to scamper back to wherever you came from. I have but a single demand. I will take you in as one of my brood.”

“W-What?” Ichika was dumbfounded, legs struggling to keep him upright, anemic from the wound still actively bleeding from their exchange. He snarls, clearly growing impatient “I’m giving you an opportunity to survive. I would take it if I were you” Ichika stammers back, and falls to his knees, head hanging in shame as he nods. He has to make it back to Kise, no matter the cost. “Alright. I can’t die here. What do you want from me?”

It cackles, tail flicking side to side, as he leans forward. “Show me this world you come from that created such an amusing little creature. Call on your dear old dad whenever you need, whelp~” The gaping wound in Ichika’s stomach begins to heal, blood flowing back inside like time was simply being reversed. The beast turns, a brisk stride back to its treacherous jungle, its sword-like tail gleefully flicking along fallen leaves. “You have my permission to leave now. I'll always be there for you.” It’s startling how comforting those words are from a grisly beast that was absolutely going to eat him mere moments ago. It’s not like it could love him, right?

Whatever. Ichika pushes these weird thoughts from his mind, jogging out of the clearing. He can just feel where he has to go to make it out of the forest. Is this because of the pact he just made or simply a royal decree? He stumbles through precarious ground, the sounds of tiny critters and buzzing insects is a weight lifted off his chest. He was getting closer and closer. A little more to go. The weather had warmed a little, the wind embracing his sweaty cheeks, a deluge of relief washing over him. He breaks through a particularly thick brush and there it is! The entrance!

The brilliant blue sky was welcoming him home. He’d survived and that had to be enough for now. He was ashamed at how helpless he was in the clutches of an apex predator, the epitome of survival of the fittest, but even so he had bloomed, courageously in the face of a ruthless world that would devour anything indiscriminately and yet he managed to evoke a twisted version of mercy from the beast. It wasn’t something that could really be called a victory.

But even so…

It was beautiful.

[ Using Discovery of Contract of Your Choice Card: Feline ]
[ WC: 1649]

Last edited:

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back