Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Contract Search The Lion's Challenge

Akira Kazan

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S Rank
It's not uncommon for outsiders to believe the lighting country was just a vast mountain range, but in truth that was far from the truth. Deep within the Heartland, there were many different beautiful and undeveloped stretches of land. Places where humanity had not yet gathered, settled, or ruined. A lush jungle, where numerous native animals and an nearly unperceivable amount vegetation thrived. Deep within this 'jungle', the most commonly known predator was a giant amphibian like creature with ferocious teeth that stalked native herbivorous of varying sizes that fed off the many trees and lush grasslands within the area. Akira Kazan had heard the stories about this beast, among many other tails of adventure within this region. His curiosity was piqued, driving him to go on a vacation from his duties as a Shinobi; one in which he claimed was merely a 'hunting' trip, in order to obtain a proper passport and legally exit from the village for an extended period of time.

The journey from the village, through The Dragon tooth pass, across the lowlands, to the heartland was rather enjoyable. Kazan got to see many things along the way, all of which he never got to take the time to really enjoy. In fact, he even heard rumors of The Shinrya Clan owning a vast amount of farmland where they inhabitants produce alcohol. Maybe once his hunting trip was over, he'd head that way to see for himself. Regardless, he had made his journey with some basic supplies. Bringing with him his armor, his trusted blade, a bow and arrows, a few days supply of food, a canteen, a sleeping bag, rope and tarp. While here, he had actually planned on hunting and surviving off the land. It was an opportunity to not only relax, but sorta experience what life was like for his ancestors. Traveling deep within this jungle, until he found a suitable area to make camp, he took note of the beautiful scenery around him. He had crossed a small river, climbs some steep hills, and saw a few animals; like deer, fox, and numerous types of birds.

He never really imagined himself in a place like this, but it was so serene and secluded. This place was truly a gift from the gods to mankind, if there had ever been one. Making camp in a clearing, and surrounding the site with several wire traps to help safeguard his campsite, Kazan soon begin to gather wood. Whilst wondering the lush jungle, and gathering small twigs by the riverside, he glanced out and witnessed a strange creature swimming around playfully. Stopping to figure out what it was, his eye brow raised as he realized that it wasn't alone, and that there were several others. It would take a moment for him to realize it, but he had stumbled across a bunch of river otters. "This place is full of life." He thought to himself, as he smiled and went about continuing to collect enough fire wood for the next few days.

After a few hours of this, he came to the realization that he had lost track of time. By now, he had collected more than enough firewood. Making his way back towards his camp site, as he walked through a clearing, an ominous feeling shiver ran down his spine. Stopping, he looked around in shock; something was watching him, but he couldn't figure out from where. A smirk crossed his face, as he briefly closed his eyes, and nodded his head, only to go about his business. "Whatever, or whoever, it is. I'm prepared." He thought, brushing any kind of concern his had to the side. Kazan naturally possessed a brave and fiery soul, filled with passion and ambition; nothing could truly threaten him.

Upon arriving back to the camp site, he quickly piled some logs and branches into a circle, lite a fire, and began removing the top off a can of stew. Once the fire really started to roar, he'd place the can into the fire, off to the side of the flames. While waiting for his food warm, he took off the upper potion of his armor, and began to wipe them down only before moving towards his trusted sword. The blade was already so clean that one could see the reflection of the dwindling sun overhead off of it. There was really no reason for him to be doing this, but it was apart of his normal nightly routine. Suddenly, his glanced to the left out of the corner of his eyes, as he once again sensed a presence. "It's not human." He thought to himself, as his eyes focused back to his blade. Whatever it was, it had followed him to his camp and it seemed to be aware of the wire traps. "It's smart, or at least capable of recognizing a trap." He told himself.

For a while, things seemed to be getting a little interesting. Kazan had planned to come out here to hunt, but it looked as if something had found him instead. While eating, and relaxing, time would pass but there would be no interaction with whatever this creature may be. As the sun set in the distance, Kazan added more firewood to the campfire, before laying out his tent and hanging his tarp overhead. It was already nighttime before the presence seemed to disappear. "I wonder what it actually was?" He thought to himself, in silence. Truth be told, he had no idea but whatever it was, it moved gracefully with silence and caution. "I'd hope it was what I came here looking for, but I doubt it. The rivers not to far away, but something like that probably hunts by the waters edge." He convinced himself.

As the night would go on, Kazan would eventually call it a night. Completely stripping himself of his armor, except for his chainmail, and laying the sword down beside him, he'd climb into his sleeping back and look up towards the tarp. As he did this, it seemed as though the jungle finally came alive. There was much more than just the wind rustling the leaves, as unique sounds flooded the area. Birds, distant animals running throughout the woods, and other various sounds could be heard. Kazan actually thought this was cool, and kind of relaxing as he laid there. He knew that whatever had stalked him earlier could potentially come back, but he didn't care. Even if he were sound asleep, he was far from helpless and always mentally prepared to defend himself. This was something that had become more on an instinct to him, thanks to the life he lived as a Shinobi.

Less than an hour would pass, and Kazan would be awoken by the heavy steps on an animal within his campsite. With blurred vision, he slowly reached out for his blade as a mighty roar echoed in front of him. Taking hold of it, he slung himself out of his sleeping back, got to his foot, and took position; only to realize what was in front of him. A massive, majestic lion with a large crimson red mane, and brown fur. Preparing to attack, Kazan clinched his sword only before forming a confused look upon his face as he heard the creature speak. "This is no place for a Human!" Shouted the beast, with a ferocious roar to follow. As this creature roared, the jungle seemed to grow quiet. Kazan confusion turned into realization. This had to be the creature from earlier; it would explain how something was capable of so skillfully stalking him, while hiding it's presence. Not only that, but it spoke which implied it possessed a human like intelligence, which also explains how it avoided his wire traps.

With the sword now gripped in both hands, Kazan took a deep breathe only before lowing his blade. "How are you able to talk?" He asked, as he blinked his eyes and activated his Sharingan. Although his blade was lowered, he was still prepared for whatever this creature might try. Watching as it began to walk towards the campfire, while make constant eye contact with him, Kazan wondered what exactly was going on. "Don't you dare question me, human! This jungle is my home and your kind don't belong here." He roared. Realizing this wasn't a dream, nor a genjutsu, Kazan's mind settled even if only a little. Still, this was a strange situation he had found himself in. Never in his wildest of dreams would he have imagined a talking animal, or a lion for that. "You think you're doujutsu scares me, human? It's about as useless as your wire traps and the blade your wield." Roared the mighty beast, as he continued to slowly walk circles around Kazan and the campsite.

"I've come here to hunt an amphibian, and to experience what life was like for my ancestors. Nothing more. If I somehow offended you, I apologize." Said Kazan, as he slowly rotated his body to match the lion. His goal was to keep the lions in front of him, the entire time. Watching as the lion stopped right before the fire, only to take it's paw and smother the embers of the campfire with dirt. "Human, It's your very presence that offends me. But you also wish to hunt what is mine?" The lion growled, as he snarled with anger. "I doubt you even could, human. My kind has perfected the art the hunt over several millennium. I doubt someone like you could even take on that beast." He roared, as his eyes shifted.

Wc: 1500+
[Topic Entered]
OOC: Contract of Choice - [Feline Contract]
- Using [Discovery Of Contract Of your Choice] ASP Card
- Even though I've hit the word count, I don't consider this finished; I will have a second post hunting the Amphibian creature mentioned in the lore of the region after this for Character development purposes. I just wanna go ahead and lock in the Contract, so I can make the summon creature and RP out Sage Mode.

Akira Kazan

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S Rank
The lions words caused a smile to cross Kazan's face. While the current situation was odd, and no body would probably ever believe him, he now had reason to see things through. Kazan was burdened by honor, and by this lion voicing his doubt in Kazan's ability, he was also bound to prove him wrong. While Kazan wasn't normally so easily provoked, it wasn't everyday that a talking animal spoke down to him. Talking a deep breath, he responded to the lions words. "And what if I could?" He'd ask, defiantly. Kazan's question was meant to start some sort of a wager, or a mind game perhaps. In all honesty, hunting an animal was child's play for someone of Kazan's rank. He was apart of an Elite Shinobi Force belonging to The Hidden Cloud Village. In all his time serving his village, he had fought many worthy advisories, all greater in strength than a wild animal.

The lion finally sat, with a smug look on his face. "Hmmm. I'd be surprised....." The Lion would say, with a brief pause to think. "You do appear to be somewhat experienced in battle." He lion would state, before staring at Kazan and picking apart his stance. The lion, who earlier made mention of Kazan's doujutsu technique, came up with a sly plan. "Perhaps you could hunt that beast, but could you do it as nature intended human? No Chakra, No jutsu, No Sharingan." The Lion asked, as he appeared to grow calm. Without hesitation, Kazan answered. "Yes, but how would that benefit me, lion?" Asked Kazan, with a slight tone in his voice. He had already grown tired of being looked down upon by this animal. Talking or not, he felt his own sense of self pride was now at stake.

The lion would get up, once more roar at Kazan. "My name is Atlas, remember it human!" He'd shout, in anger towards Kazan. Kazan had only returned the same energy he had received back towards this lion. However, this act granted Kazan knowledge of the Lions a name. Undeterred, Kazan stood their and waited in silence for his question to be answered. A brief moment of silence would pass, as the Lion took notice of Kazan's resolve. "If you could do it, I might be able to forgive you for trespassing within my domain, and it would grant you my favor." Stated the lion, in a more reasonable tone of voice.

Kazan didn't know what he meant about gaining the lions favor, and being forgiven for nothing he had done wrong made no sense either. Still, the situation was different; an Lion with human intelligence and the capability to speak had apparently issued him a challenge. "My name is Akira Kazan, and If this is a challenge, consider it accepted." He said, with confidence in his voice. The lion roared, in response. "Good, I'll be watching." He snarl, as he took off leaving Kazan and the campsite behind. Honestly, this all was a shock; Kazan's night has been interrupted, though now the sun was already peeking it's head over the horizon. Deactivating his Sharingan, he looked at the faint embers of his once roaring campfire.

"No one's ever going to believe this." He thought, with a slight chuckle. Originally, Kazan thought this amphibian creature would be an easy prize. but now he had to put in true effort. In his mind, his honor was on the line; even if the lion could speak, he refused to be looked down upon.

[Wc: 584] [Marked For Training]

Akira Kazan

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S Rank
Taking a few moments to devise a plan, as the morning light illuminated the horizon, he sighed a little bit. Kazan couldn't remember the last time he hadn't used his chakra. It's usage was so engrained within his natural instincts, it was almost like he didn't know how to not do so. Most Shinobi are like this, considering the training their forced to endure. Getting dressed for the day, in his full suit of armor, he soon smothered what was let of the campfire by brushing even more dirt over the ashes. Looking out to the tree's around him, closed his eyes and focused on nothing else but himself. Visually, he imagined the chakra all throughout his system being smothered out like the campfire's flame. Upon doing this, he instinctively realized how heavy his armor was.

Shocked at the sudden realization, he looked down at his hand as he raised the palms up towards his view. "It's hard to believe I actually fight in this..." He told himself, as he began to pull his armor off. Removing all of it but his chainmail, and clipping his sword at his waist, he looked back into the direction of the river. As far as he knew, that river was the only place he might find the creature; after all, it was an amphibian. For the first time in a long time, Kazan felt nervous and weak, and this was only because of holding back his Chakra. Tilting his head to one side, he heard a pop, only before tilting it to the other and hearing once more. "It's time to hunt." He thought to himself, as he sat out towards the river.

It wouldn't take him very long to reach it, though it'd take him hours following the river down stream before he found any signs of his prey. The ground leading to the rivers edge seemed scuffled, and bloodied, almost like something had been drug from land to water. Immediately he though it could be something like a crocodile, though the markings on the ground were massive. Deciding to bend down to pick up a flat rock, he kept one eye on the water, with his other hand tightly gripped around the hilt of his blade. Standing straight up, and tossing the rock a few inches above his hand, he tossed it out onto the river; skipping it across the surface several times. "Maybe one was hunting around here earlier...." He thought as he drew his blade, and leaned it over his shoulder. "I wonder if it might be near by" He silently asked himself, as he turned his back to the river and started walking a few feet away while glancing at the ground.

In his attempt to look for more clues as to if the creature he was looking for had recently hunted here, a terrifying chill ran down his spine. Glancing back over his shoulder, he watched as a large animal suddenly emerged from the river. Spinning around, and simultaneously gripping his sword in both hands, he looked upon the creature. Noticing it was three times his size, his eyes widened as he saw it's viciously sharp fangs. In that moment, his pores opened up as sweet began to run down the side of his face. His heart began to race with excitement, as he smirked defiantly at the beast. This was the creature he had come all this way to hunt, and it's massive statue towered over even Kazan. Staring it down, he waited for it to make a move.

The following moments would feel like they had taken an eternity, but in reality their skirmish would last less than two minutes. At first, the beast would rush Kazan, only for him to tuck and roll to the side, while delivering a slash to the creatures side. It would immediately turn and swap at him with it's claws, but he'd block the blow with a swing of his blade. The sound of steel clashing would chime out, throwing Kazan off his game as he noticed a spark shoot out from his sword. Rolling out of the way before the creature would continue it's rampage, sling not only it's claws, but it's tail, at Kazan. With perfect timing, he'd dodge, roll, or duck out of the way, only to counter strike the creature's limbs or exposed belly.

With the use of his Chakra, this Amphibian was in deed a worthy match. While it wasn't the fastest, or even the wisest of animals, it made up for with strength and relentlessness. Waiting for the creature to tire itself out, it wouldn't take long for Kazan to notice it's movements become more and more sluggish. Going in for a devastating strike, he ducked under the creatures claws and got up close, piercing it from under it's jaw into it's skull. Jerking his blade out, he continued with one handed slash towards it's throat before jumping back and stumbling to the ground.

With that final strike, he watched as the creature toppled over. It's body began to squirm as he quickly rose to his feet, gripped his blade with both hands and prepared himself. Breathing deeply due to exhaustion, he began to relax as he saw the creature settle down and a pool of blood start to around it. It was in this moment that he knew he had accomplished what he sat out to do. The creature was slain, and he had done it without using any of his Chakra, or any of his jutsu; just basic swords play. In truth, this wasn't much of a hunt, but he had slain the creature. Sheathing his blade, he took a few steps back just to be safe, while glancing at the river beside them.

The first one had come out of no where, and as things were not, he wasn't ready for a second. In that moment, an odd sense of danger filled his mind. Glancing all around, he watched as another figure emerged from some of the near by terrain. "You actually did it." Said Atlas, as he came into full few. Pausing for a moment, he took a deep breathe and slightly lowered his blade. "I thought you were another one of those things." He said, reluctantly. "I told you I'd be watching, young cub." He said, with a laugh. "My name is Akira Kazan, not cub." Kazan Adamantly stated, reminding the lion. "Yes, I know your name. You took the creature down without using your gifts as promised. Me calling you a young cub is an honor, it means I recognize your potential." Stated Atlas, only to pause for a moment before continuing.

"I said earlier I would forgive your trespasses and grant you my favor. Form a contract with me and join my pride. There's much for you to learn." Stated Atlas, as he let out a mighty roar. It would echo far and wide, but within the immediate area seals would form all about, surrounding the two of them. "......" Kazan answered in silence, as he extended out his hand towards the seal. A large amount of energy the likes of which Kazan had never sensed before flooded the area, consuming his entire being. Rather he knew it or not, Kazan had just signed a contract; aligning himself with the feline's of the world. Shortly after, Atlas would begin to explain many things to Kazan and in great detail as this story came to an end.

[Wc: 1200+]
[Topic Left]

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back