Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

The Notaclass Class [Open]

Morishige

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Note: This is not a class. It's a regular RP. You will not receive rewards for it. It is a class ICly, just not in the OOC terms. This counts towards Genin exam reqs.

Zaku sat behind the desk in a rather un-comfy chair. His thoughts were currently on the education budget set by their Raikage and how it had always been hefty enough to maintain the facilities. But even back in his day, the chairs were uncomfortable. "Maybe I'll send him a letter about getting some new chairs, I for one wouldn't want to be stuck in these set for hours on end getting lectured on the boring history of the shinobi corps." he thought to himself as he waited for his students. This wasn't a regular class, at least Zaku made it his point not to be. Most of the teachers at the academy had been teachers for life, and not been involved in the conflicts of recent past. Consequently, their teaching methods were according to textbooks rather than true experience. He was going to bring his experience into the mix and hopefully knock some sense into the hopes and dreams of these children.

Zaku was an average looking man, nothing to odd about his appearance. He looked tired though, as if he'd been on a long mission. His position was relaxed in the chair, slouching downwards and definitely unprofessional looking. Peering out the window to his left was his friend, Kaiju. (appearance) Kaiju quite literally is a monster from deep beneath the ocean, trusted unto Zaku by the denizens of the deep. But for the time being, the clumsy little creature is no more dangerous than a bulldog.

One the desks spread out before the young man, there sat several papers, which Zaku had penned the question: Why are you here?

Fujitika Misa

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
B-rank
Arami had recently gone past the class boards on the way to his dorm when he had discovered that there was a new class posted on the board. “Hmm this one seems to be rather simple…..Maybe I’ll sign up for it.” He said as he tears one of the fliers off the wall and fills in the information and hands it to one of the teachers to give to the teacher for the class.

A few days later Arami woke up at his usual time and got ready rather quickly, he was always excited for classes as it meant he was one step closer to becoming a fully fledged shinobi and would be able to start making money. Exiting his dorm Arami would jump out a window and slides quickly down the outer wall and lands in a pile of soft sand. “Im getting good at this!” He cheered as he starts to walk his way back inside.

Arami opens the door to the classroom it seemed much more organized that the last one and the teacher seemed quite disgruntled by something that Arami did not know. Looking down now Arami saw a piece of paper in front of where he had sat down. ‘Why am I here? That is an easy one’ </B><B> Arami thought to himself as he pulled a pencil out of his pocket and started writing “I Am here So I can Become A ninja And make Money To eventually buy a home of my own to live in and Pay The Academy back for their kindness” Was all he wrote on the paper

Hotaka Kyo

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Kyo had found out that a new instructor was teaching a class today, one that wasn't involved in the academy or it's normal training that came with it, similar to Yuuto and Hikari, this had peaked his interest. Learning more about those that were his superiors in the actual field was something that he enjoyed doing, and something that possibly would later on give him an edge over his other students, or even those that he learned about. As such he had applied for the class and this time despite the bruising his other injuries were minor and he arrived to the class on time with no problems. Perhaps his special training he had been doing in the forest had helped him prepare for the brutal training he dealt with on a daily basis, or perhaps his father had been lightening up on the training. Either way he was one of the first ones to arrive at class, this time only being beat by one other student it seemed, she, or he? Kyo couldn't tell from the child's looks, was younger and smaller than Kyo himself, and apparently a diligent worker as they were already working on the paper.

Looking the instructor over Kyo gave a small bow to the man and spoke, "Greetings Instructor, I look forward to learning." He then moved to take a seat as he watched the abomination that was staring out the window, he gave it a good dressing down as Kyo wondered if it would be part of the lesson, or was just their to intimidate the more easily frightened students among them. Either way it would due to keep an eye on it, he took a desk next to the other student, though he was silent as seated himself and looked over the paper. It was an easy enough question, and one he could answer in a number of ways, all which would be truthful. He pondered a moment before deciding on answering truthfully, the reaction of the instructor would provide a good bit of information to him. A moment later he began to write on the paper having decided on his answer.
Kyo Writes said:
I am here to learn about the instructors, much of my training has been done by my clan, and is much harsher than that administered by the academy. While I am required to complete many classes, for the most part I already have the knowledge that the class would intend to instill in me. So instead I take the time to learn of the instructor and how they approach things as well as my fellow students who I will one day fight beside. Even if the classes were not required for me to graduate I would still attended to learn these things.

Kyo finished up after the other student, with them both done Kyo offered the other student his hand, "I am Hotaka Kyo, Nice to meet you."

Kumori

Yen
ASP
Deaths
“We don’t need any more classes. Why are you still bugging me?” – Miko directed his question to Jun, who walked beside him. In opposition to Jun’s calmness, Miko couldn’t be more annoyed at the event of being forced to go to class again, even though deep down he wanted to be there. He wore his usual attire composed of a black hooded shirt, black shinobi pants, and a grey half-cape with red trim tied to his waist. They both walked patiently to the door.

“Oi sensei!” – Said Jun as he entered the room, followed by his brother. The first thing both noticed was the behemoth outside the window. “The hell is that?” – Miko’s heart started racing in wonderment, he hadn’t noticed the rest of the students yet.

“Kyo?” – Everyone else was sitting patiently, waiting for the class to begin. The twins did the same; the proceeded to take the seats next to the only other person they knew, Kyo. Miko’s mind had gone through an active debate on whether he could consider Kyo his friend or not, after the occurrence at the forest and a conclusion still hadn’t been reached. Still, he didn’t consider any one of the students his friends yet, not Kyo, not Yukiko, it was too early still.

“Oi Kyo!” – Jun said before Miko could even finish sitting. There was no need for him to be the first to speak now that Jun had taken the initiative, so he proceeded to answer the question written on the paper in his desk.
Why am I here? Because I hope to test my skills and my growth from the first day.

(((OOC: Sorry for crappy post >.> Next will be better)))

Morishige

Yen
ASP
Deaths

Zaku gave a simple wave to the one known as Jun. He didn't know him personally, but there was no harm in it. A few minutes went by but no one else decided to show up. "Just three? Disappointing. Hopefully I'll knock some sense into these and it will carry on over to the others." he thought as he stood from his desk. He walked over to pick up the papers of the students who had decided to show up. He said nothing as he walked about, taking the simple question from them and reading the answers to himself. Thankfully, some of them knew each other and could converse while Zaku thought on the answers. After cycling through the answers he took a moment to prepare his responses. He would go in order...

"Arami," he began, looking to the boy. "An idealistic and naive response, but good nonetheless. When you move up the ranks, you are going to find out that it's not so simple. You owe nothing to the academy. The academy owns you, the shinobi corps own your life now. You've already paid the greatest price and that is your life."

"Kyo..." he said, stopping trying to find the words. "Admirable, and perhaps a better decision than you realize. Don't stop getting to know your superiors as you grow older, it's how you will advance in rank and get noticed above the rest.

"Last but not least... Miko?" he paused. "These must be the brothers than Hikari mentioned."

"I guess you are the reason I am here in the room right now." Zaku finished with a sigh, looking at the four who sat before him.

"Nothing less than I expected. Today's class isn't going to be like the others you've had. You aren't students to me right now. You are equals, and I am going to treat you as such. With that in mind, let's get down to business."
"One of you will die by the time you are twenty years old." he said. He would pause to let them think. Though, death didn't usually have the effect on teens that it did on adults.​

"Chances are, one of you won't graduate to the rank of genin because you will be dead. Only the best survive the exams, after all. They are designed to weed out the weak."

"Why would would our Raikage allow this to happen, I wonder? Why would he take so many from their homes only to have them squandered when perhaps they just needed another year of training. Answer me that. If you can tell me why we would waste such potential, such an investment like that, then you can leave this classroom with a commendation on your record."

[No post order. Just be truthful to your character in how you answer.]

Kumori

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Zaku was his name, their teacher for the day, a man of few words and owner of a terrifying anonymity. It was as if he were inviting you to find just a little more about him, yet stating that you wouldn’t like what you’d find. His aura was of such a caliber, as to come from a godly medium that prevented any emotions from emerging in his persona, a facade shrouded by mystery and unaided by his silence. A lone scar ran across his lip diagonally, and stretched as he spoke the first words. With a voice resembling a discreet roar, everyone fell silent… Arami was the first one.

He proceeded to lecture the boy with a fact that although everyone expected, none really embraced. “Trully… idealistic.” – Miko thought, regarding the comment. For the first time in a while, since the occurrence at the forest with Kyo and Fuu, Miko’s mind fell silent out of respect and fear of his teacher. How could the boy stand tall, as his dream went, if he cowered upon such presence, even within the safety of the academy walls?

Kyo’s lecture was next. Miko did not have the slightest idea of what the boy had written, but it seemed to work, for it was responded to with praise. Even when admiring another, the man’s serious tone kept the boys from reaching any expectation. Both the twins swallowed at the same time, for they knew that they were next, and their response although sincere wasn’t all that great.

"I guess you are the reason I am here in the room right now." – He said, without taking his eyes off of Miko. In face of his direct stare, Miko couldn’t help but look downwards, trying to evade the gaze of the man’s eyes. Jun, on the other hand, did the opposite. The man continued with his lecture, by stating that all those present in the room, for today, weren’t students; instead, they were equals to him. “How so?” – The boy’s mind turned on once again, with multiple questions that could not be answered.

"One of you will die by the time you are twenty years old." – Quite possibly they all knew that already, even though some may have not been ready to be reminded. Jun was one of those, and clenching his fist, he interrupted – “What do you mean by that? Shouldn’t we be ready once we graduate from the academy?”

"Chances are, one of you won't graduate to the rank of genin because you will be dead. Only the best survive the exams, after all. They are designed to weed out the weak." – Now this the twins did not know. They expected to graduate as full-fleshed shinobi, to graduate at the point where life began, not ended. A look of cowardice flashed through each of their faces as they for the first time, doubted their future, but it remained in Jun’s face, while it vanished quickly in his brother’s. “I will not die… I will rise… I will show the world who I am… I will reign upon the weak and the strong without anyone to defy me… I shall see my name in history books, and my figure in spotlights… I will be king, and nothing will stop me from becoming a shinobi, my first stepping stone.”/color]

And again, Zaku relayed another question to them, another weight upon their shoulders. Miko dared not speak, and although he had an idea of an answer, he decided to keep it to himself for the moment.

“Our world is a world of war. Our race, are war-bringers, we live and we die we give and we take lifes… Our country, due to this, is in constant danger, and our village, as the protector, makes us slaves to destiny. All those who can stand in battle, shall do to protect the weak, and to show supremacy. We are drafted from a young age, we are shown the tools of war, we are required to learn its history, and we are thrown into battle. It all requires a timing, for every generation to bloom… if you bloom too late, you are no good too your generation. By facing higher dangers each time, we grow faster, and we grow stronger.” – The idea ran through his mind, and he was quite sure of himself… yet all he managed to say was “Because it’s needed.”

Hotaka Kyo

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Kyo nodded to Jun as he greeted him by name and gave another separate nod deliberately to Miko, the two had chosen a seat directly beside him, so there was no open spaces between the four in the room, and unfortunately that was all that showed up. Then again not many students took elective courses it seemed from his personal experience. "Their loss."

Zaku the instructor addressed the one student he didn't know, "So the name is Arami, and he is idealistic and believes he owes the academy. The answer the instructor gave is appropriate." It seemed their instructor leaned more towards his family’s way of thought than most of the other instructors; this was something he would have to keep in mind when dealing with the man in the future. Zaku then came to address Kyo's answer, though he seemed to have to take a moment to find what he wished to say. Kyo nodded and replied, "Understood." Next Zaku addressed the twins and mentioned the Sennin Hikari once again, Kyo had done some research on them and the clan they belonged to since the incident in the forest and Doku's reaction to their deeds, what he had found was interesting, and meant that a friendship with Miko and Jun would help further his own goals more than he had though from the performance he had already seen from Miko. Though the man’s response to what Miko had written left him intrigued he avoid asking any questions and would look into it later, perhaps he meant that Hikari had set the class up in the expectation that Miko would attend, if so that meant that the others were simply a secondary concern.

The man continued, telling them that they would be treated as equals and not students, this bothered Kyo and he wasn't able to figure out exactly why that was. He determined to keep an eye on the man and listen to what he said more carefully than he would have in another situation. What the man said next he supposed was supposed to be for shock value, and possibly more for Arami and Jun than for him and Miko. They had already had a close call and seen in all likelihood the death of a fellow student in the form of Hoshitsu’s mishap in the Ancient Forest, besides this Kyo was familiar with death due to his father’s training. Kyo simply sat stone-faced as Jun questioned the man, "Even if you graduate, that doesn't mean you are ready, it simply means you have the potential." He answered Jun's question without sparing the boy a glance, instead keeping his focus on the instructor. The man continued on, speaking of how one of them would most likely be dead and not graduate because the tests were designed to weed out the weak. Due to his history and the history of his clan Kyo was not worried about this with himself, though when Miko spoke he looked over to see that while he had a determined cast to his face, Jun appeared to be frightened by the prospect.

It was then that the man asked a question, this time wanting to know why the Raikage would allow this to happen. "To strengthen the rest, to help eradicate emotions and improve combat efficiency, to weed out the weak blood and ensure only the strongest represent Kumo. It also helps the survivor's bond, allowing a stronger more cohesive group to form." Pausing a moment he looked to Miko before finishing, "In simpler terms, because it is needed." Kyo finished his own answer and waited to hear what Arami had to say on the matter, though he watched Zaku.

Edit: Spelling

Fujitika Misa

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
B-rank
Arami looked around a bit noticing that two other students had showed up for the class and then suddenly the teacher came around and scooped up their papers and started to read them. The first one that was read was his and Arami looked a little embarrassed when the teacher spoke to him. Arami listened as the teacher spoke about how he owed the academy nothing and that he now belonged to the Shinobi Corps and how his entire life would revolve around that.

Aremi wuld nod as the teacher would move the papers a little and addresses another students paper, saying that it was a better idea that Arami’s had been and that it was quite admirable. ‘Well I don’t care what the difference is I like my idea.’<i></i> Arami thought to himself loosing track of where the teacher was for a moment as he addressed the last student.

It was the next thing that worried Arami a little bit “That doesn’t matter I have nearly lost my life several times already when I lived at the orphanage! Death isn’t such a big fear for me anymore!” Arami yelled out as he slams his hands down onto the desk and stands up.

Nara Sora

Yen
ASP
Deaths
"Bored, bored... bored bored bored." I put my hands behind my head, looking up towards the sky as snow scatters with the wind. For the mean time, school hours were out, so I continued to walk around the academy. I spent some time earlier going through the class roster, but none of the classes interested me. They all required too much work that I wasn't dedicated to.

A gust of wind blew upwards lifting my hat right off my head. "Ehhh." I carelessly thought to myself as the wind carries my hat away. It's nothing to worry about. It's not like I don't have the money to buy another one. The academy gave me forty thousand yen just for joining. I drop down to the ground and my butt makes a plop sound as I land. I get comfy and watch my hat fly with the wind. The green wool hat flips and twirls upward. It floats back down towards the academy. Another gust of wind comes, blowing the hat closer to the academy wall. The hat eventually makes contact and sticks for a few moments over by a window. I leisurely walk towards my hat and notice a small group through the window. There are four people. The first one I notice is the blonde/pink haired lady from my survival class. The other three I didn't recognize. They just seem to be discussing things. I don't mind talking. I say to myself. As I grab my hat, Arami suddenly stands up and slams her hands on the desk.

"Ooh geesh" I think to myself. "I don't think they're discussing anything uncomfortable, because if they were, others would probably look disturbed as well... I'mma check it out." I contemplate on tapping on the window, and decide not to. I'll just interrupt it normally, through the door, seeing how it might be a serious discussion.

I walk over to the door, give a few knocks, and then I open it. I give a wave to the class.
"Hey, my name is, Sora. I'm sorry to interrupt, but may I join? "

WC: 351

Morishige

Yen
ASP
Deaths

Students that conversed about the topic together made his job a lot easier. Jun's initial response was quickly responded to by the student known as Kyo with a fair and accurate response. It allowed him to continue without pausing to explain yet another facet of the complicated life. However the one known as Arami had a big mouth on him and Zaku shook his head, looking over at the young man for a few moments. After some silence, Zaku shook his head for effect and smiled. "Sorry, was just imagining how you are going to die." he thought, then looked to Kyo and the brothers.

"Well said. Tell me, would you--" he began, then the door opened and Sora popped his head into it with a wave. Zaku smiled; it had been his hope that someone late would arrive. "Here I assumed it was going to be the loud mouthed one who was going to die first. Come take a seat. See to it that you aren't late again. Shinobi who aren't punctual risk the lives of their comrades and themselves." he said in a harsh manner. Then an idea came to the sensei's head. "If I were a shinobi of worth, I would have Kyo here dispatch the both of you." he continued, speaking of Arami and Sora. But he didn't want to leave everyone out of the loop. "You there, Miko. You've been quiet. Would you kill Sora for his tardiness? Why or Why not?"

Then he looked to the others. "I want your opinion on Miko's answer as well. Whether you agree or not and why."

[Short post I know. Dialogue is short. Miko needs to post first.]

Kumori

Yen
ASP
Deaths
It was Jun’s time to experience failure, as Miko already had during Hikari’s class, and it would have been for the class – too – if it were not because of Jun’s interference. The sensei looked more serious than ever as he reacted to Arami’s outburst. For a moment he remained in silence, and then he replied with the simple words:

“Sorry, was just imagining how you are going to die.”

Hell, if Miko thought that the man was scary before, now he had become a nightmare. The classes were no longer child play, Zaku-sensei seemed to be seriously considering it. Seconds later he returned focus to Kyo, Miko, and Jun, and re-started the lecture, but, as it had happened in every single class until the moment – he was interrupted by a late student. This time it was a kid by the name of Nara Sora, and he would soon learn that of all the classes in the academy, this one was the worst choice to show up late to.

"If I were a shinobi of worth, I would have Kyo here dispatch the both of you." – Zaku-sensei immediately said after lecturing the boy. "You there, Miko. You've been quiet. Would you kill Sora for his tardiness? Why or Why not?" – He was bold as ever, to be expected.

Miko was cunning, and he knew, or at least hoped, that the instructor would not actually order the death of the boy, and so – reaching that conclusion – he decided on his course of action. The boy placed his hands on his back and started channeling chakra into his palms. Any who owned a doujutsu with the capability of seeing chakra would notice that it had started to build up, and with every passing second it became more like a mass of dough.

“That depends…” – Miko lowered his head, looking down to his desk as in order to avoid the eyes of his instructor. “…am I being ordered to by someone with the authority to do so?”

Scared as he might have been, it was all in the past now, his desire had taken over. A desire to test his skills had arisen, a desire that had been triggered since the very first day at the academy, and upon its incompletion, had now become more of an itch. The boy couldn’t contain it anymore; he smiled with all three of his mouths, and then proceeded to open just two.

“If so, then yes. I owe nothing to the boy who just arrived late to class; on the other hand, I pledged allegiance to Kumogakure, and in doing so – I have the duty to follow the orders of those with the authority to give them, without question.”

Miko raised his head, barely suppressing the smile that had awakened. He didn’t look directly at them, but he knew they were there – the little devils that would provoke chaos if the instructor dared give the order he was hoping for.

Hotaka Kyo

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Kyo watched Arami as he slammed his hands down on the table proclaiming he had no fear of dying, his face failed to portray any emotions that he was feeling as he simply stared for a moment, he would have continued to start at the student if another student hadn't popped his head in, the new student was another that Kyo had not seen before today. He was a small brown-haired boy who had rapped upon the door before poking his head in, greeted everyone, introduced himself and then finally asked if he could join the class already in progress. With what Kyo knew of their instructor, this wasn't the best of ideas, while many of the other instructors here were soft and willing to forgive things like this, Zaku seemed to be made of sterner things, much harder than most of the other instructors he had personally experienced. While this was a good thing, it was bad for Nara, the new student who had entered.

Kyo's suspicions where proved true when after the interruption Zaku smiled and spoke of the students dying, apparently he had assumed that Arami would be the first to die, but the new arrival seemed to be the one that would die first in his mind. He then asked him to take a seat and told him not to be late again and explained the reasoning behind it, which in Kyo's limited experience and mind was as solid as it could be. Then Zaku spoke of having him kill the two of them, Kyo stood from his desk, though he did not move. It wouldn't be something he would chose to do personally, but if he was ordered to he was ready to do what was ordered. He continued to stand quietly by his desk as he asked Miko if he would kill the new arrival for his tardiness and why or why not. He also wanted the rest of them to provide their own opinion on Miko's answer, whether they agreed or not and what reasoning they had used for it.

Kyo continued to stand, listening to Miko seeming to try and worm his way out of taking responsibility for the situation, it wasn't something he had thought he would do, putting off the choice by simply asking if it was an order from someone with the authority to do so. Kyo watched as Miko raised his head, tenser than he should be. Kyo felt the tension himself, though perhaps for a different reason than Miko. It was time for Kyo to provide his own feedback, "While I agree if commanded to do so then one should do it without hesitation, I do not feel that one should put whether or not they owe something to someone before the best interests of the village." Kyo paused a moment before continuing, "Personally I would not kill the boy for his first offense, one must have a chance to learn, a beating or harsh survival training would suffice for a first offense. For repeated offenses then death is not out of the question as a punishment. Though there may be mitigating factors to consider, from missions to injuries sustained that may provide a valid reason for the tardiness." As Kyo finished stepped away from his desk, he watched the new comer and Arami as well as the instructor standing silently. He did wonder what Sora's own answer to the question would be, and whether this was his and Arami's first run in with an instructor that was harsher than normal.

Nara Sora

Yen
ASP
Deaths
I find an open seat to where I can clearly see everyone. I listen to Miko as he gave his answer. The man with a scar across his face speaks up. His response made me feel a little better, just a little. "Well, Miko, I can't respect the fact that you would kill me just because someone asks you to. However, I do understand that being tardy is not a good thing, for myself and the people I'm with. I am willing to make up for that fact, because I want to be a good comrade. However." I gesture over to the man whom I assume is the instructor. "Why do you feel like an unworthy Shinobi for not killing me or Arami?'

WC: 125

Fujitika Misa

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
B-rank
Arami would blink a little bit as the thought of dying here and now went through his mind. " I...isn't there laws against killing your fellow shinobi, you know Like ....jail time or something if there isn't a good enough reason for them to be killed?" Arami asks as he looks over to the instructor with a slightly smug, and quite happy with his response. Arami looked around the room now and notices sora had entered the room. “So….Gelboy are you ummm stalking me now? I don’t want to you to stalk me you know It is quite…weird” He said kind of feeling weird from Sora’s presence again.

Morishige

Yen
ASP
Deaths

Zaku looked upon the students, impressed with Kyo's readiness to follow through with what he suggested. Though it only served to further his assumption that the boy didn't belong here. He was ready to graduate. But it was Miko whom he addressed with the question, and it was his answer that they were all waited for. Zaku watched his body language as he spoke, looking specifically to his arms. "He's hiding his hands... perhaps he's made of different mettle than I thought." the teacher thought to himself as Miko continued to speak. "It's always the quiet ones you need to fear." he thought with a smile, looking directly at Miko. The air seemed to change a bit in the room as the talk of possible executions continued.

Kyo had a more balanced approached in his reasoning, which was honestly what Zaku was hoping someone would say. Not to make a point, but to see just what the usual sensei of the academy were teaching the future generations of shinobi. He made good points, and when he finished Zaku nodded his head and his expression seemed to be reasonable. But then his attention turned to the other two, just what would the pair say? Sora spoke first and actually addressed Zaku. He looked at the boy with a look that read 'are you serious?'.

"Why would I be unworthy? Because you would cease to exist. I would crush you like a twig and feed you to my friend over there." he said with a smile, pointing out to Kaiju. "At least with fellow students you would have a chance to defend yourself and prove that you are not what you seem, a useless meat bag who isn't going to graduate." finished Zaku in a very flat tone. He looked towards Arami who had a questioned the question itself.

"Perhaps there is another lesson hidden here." Zaku replied with a sigh. Arami spoke to Sora for a moment, but he paid it no mind. There was something that needed to be enforced before they got the wrong idea. "History is written by the winners kids. When it comes to being a shinobi, it's about winning, for whatever reason you have to win. Whether you fight to protect someone, or whether you just like killing people, you get to tell everyone what happened and how it happened. So to answer your questions Arami: Sure there is, but if both of you are dead, then Kyo, Miko, Jun and I get to tell the superiors what happened. For all you know, you came in here and attacked the class and we had to subdue you." he explained with a smile. "And if the others didn't want to play ball, they would be just as easily dispatched."

Zaku paused for a moment, unsure of how they might respond. He'd give them time before noting one final thought that came to mind about Kyo and Miko and their responses. "Loyalty is well and good, but do not forget your judgement. You will all go into a branch, but what if the Raikage orders you to kill the sennin? Will you just carry out the order, or are you going to hesitate and take time to investigate why he's ordered you to do that?" he asked.

Perhaps a trick question, but too much loyalty could be a bad thing. "For example, the Raikage told me to weed out the weak here at the academy. I could just kill you all, but I'm trying to find out which of you are the weakest."

Fujitika Misa

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
B-rank
Arami had thought too much into what little he had known about shinobi law and had not taken lies into account. “ I do See your point” Arami said as another question was asked of the group as a whole. "Loyalty is well and good, but do not forget your judgement. You will all go into a branch, but what if the Raikage orders you to kill the sennin? Will you just carry out the order, or are you going to hesitate and take time to investigate why he's ordered you to do that?" Arami did know how to answer this time. “Well seeing as the Raikage’s Authority is above that of the sennin, that means if the Raikage orders me to kill the Sennin I will follow their orders out even if I have to die doing it” Arami said giving a smug answer to the new question as he prepared a little ball of sand inside of his pocket just in case the teacher decided to have anyone attack him. He figured even if he looked helpless he could use that to his advantage.

Nara Sora

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Arami, Arami, Arami, I think to myself after hearing her question. I look at Arami and say, No. I would feel uncomfortable if I was being stalked too, but don't worry, I'm not stalking you. Expect to see me a lot though. We do attend the same school and are in the same graduating class.

Zeku begins to speak and replies to my question. I want to understand the lesson in what he is trying to teach. Is it the fact that I will be fighting to survive? That, in the end, the winner will move forward and do whatever the winner wants? What I know is, generally, people do not want to die. Honestly, if I was surrounded by constant death and one day no one died, I would feel like that was a good day. Here though, it seems like death is used as a simple solution for many problems. People actually feel better about themselves if they successfully murder. I never would have believed that murder would make someone feel whole.

I look at Zaku as he asks his next question. This time, it is a question about loyalty. I place my hands on the desk and tap my fingers for a little bit. I look at Zaku and give my rebuttal about being weak. "Zeku, I may be weak; I know I'm not strong, but I have will and determination to tell the stories we create. I know, eventually, death will stop me. I'm unsure of what to think about it, but until then, I'm going to keep moving forward, following my own judgments. I need more then just determination to become a winner, but that is why I'm here, to become strong, so I can confront the obstacles in front of me. To answer your question if I would blindly follow the Raikage, no I would not. If the Raikage asked me to kill someone, I better understand why. If I'm going to be apart of something, I want to understand what's going on.

WC: 339

Kumori

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The scene had taken a similarity to a hypothetical war-zone in the last few minutes. The air of the class had taken a sudden change since the beginning of the lecture, but little by little the melancholy of the situation became dominant. The walls seemed to become grey. The people spoke, and their words came out red; they were warnings, they were threats. Miko sat idle, staring at his desk with his hoodie pulled up. The boy was scared, but the cowering feeling was not that of missing bravery, but that of nervousness; it was a tingly feeling in his stomach, a feeling you get when you’re waiting for an imminent destiny.

He paid attention, he was concentrated. This wasn’t like the other classes, for some reason, he was enjoying it.

The teacher continued his lecture after everyone had answered. He talked about loyalty, he talked about death, he talked about determination, and he talked about reason. It was weird that a shinobi was talking about reason, there wasn’t much reason in their jobs. You followed orders without questioning, the reason behind them didn’t matter much; shinobi were tools to be used. Miko took his words and questions not as a simple explanation, but as hints. The man talked in a certain way that hinted his own beliefs. He wasn’t preparing the children for the life ahead, he wasn’t instructing them… he was shaping them. The single question that dwelled in the boy’s mind was: why?

"History is written by the winners kids. When it comes to being a shinobi, it's about winning, for whatever reason you have to win. Whether you fight to protect someone, or whether you just like killing people, you get to tell everyone what happened and how it happened.”

“Black ops” - thought Miko.

"Loyalty is well and good, but do not forget your judgement. You will all go into a branch, but what if the Raikage orders you to kill the sennin? Will you just carry out the order, or are you going to hesitate and take time to investigate why he's ordered you to do that?"

“A hint.” – the single word was repeated in his mind. “His example was nothing more than a way to hide the truth of the question. This isn’t about weeding out the weak. The Raikage ordering to kill a sennin… he’s talking about a coup. There are other ways, way more simple ways, to dispatch of a sennin, if ordered by the Raikage. It’s the other way around. He’s talking about the beginning of a rebellion… This shall make for an interesting story.”

He was determined that he was in the right, I wasn’t obvious, but it was clear. The way Zaku-sensei had relayed the words, his ordering, his timing. Miko didn’t think, obviously, that it could really be happening, but there was always a present possibility. An ordered system is nothing more than an illusion; there is no order in this world. Nothing can be predicted; that was the simple teaching of the Chaos Theory.

Arami was the first one to answer.

“What a simple minded child…”

Sora was next. First he explained that he wasn’t stalking Arami. Surely both of them could not feel the tension in the atmosphere; they could not see how serious this class really was.

“Hmm… a little better than Arami, but he, too, is another simple minded child. He wants to understand the reasoning behind every situation; something that just can’t be done. I don’t expect him to rise higher than Chuunin. I guess I’ll see him guarding the gates in the future.” – Miko smiled.

Finally it was his turn to answer. He had to be careful of what he said. A simple mistake in the way the words were thrown could mean his entire future. If his theory was right, the village was bound to a big change in the near future. Small changes would come first, preparations, and slowly those small changes would accumulate and open up space for the big change to take place. The first were the bugs, the second was the hack of the system.

“All that matters is the conclusion, and the perspective we take to that conclusion. If the Raikage were to order me to kill a sennin, the simple wording would place the system in my hands. I would become the most powerful man in the village, if whatever he said is the truth, and therefore, as the man on top, behind the scenes, the decision of the fate of the system itself would be decided by me. A lot of factors, all at the same time, would be taken under account. Past and future perspectives would collide as you are presented with the decision of whether to stay true to yourself or change.

As a shinobi without will: I would carry the order. As a shinobi with will: I would do, without a doubt, what is best in relation to percentage of success, and my own views.”

Secrets were dangerous. A single secret out could ruin an entire plan. If what Miko thought was going to happen, was bound to happen soon, he would damn well make sure to take advantage of it.

Hotaka Kyo

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Kyo listened to Sora speaking of not being able to respect him due to simply being assigned a mission. The boy was naïve in this matter, even though he seemed earnest in his want to a better shinobi. With the attitude he had, he could not go far in this world of killers, spies, betrayers and plotters unless he had a major change of heart as time went on. Next Arami spoke of jail time, as if he wasn’t aware that the death of students during training wasn’t a fairly regular experience here in the academy, he also seemed to be very smug in his answer. He accused Sora, calling him Gelboy of stalking him. He seemed very ignorant, dead men told no tales, and it seemed that he wasn’t aware of this fact yet.

The feeling in the room had darkened as time went by, and Kyo was more tense than he had been previously, ready to react at a moment’s notice, whether to a command or in retaliation of an action by one of the others in the room. He did nothing to hide this fact as he watched Zaku smile at Miko before continuing to watch the other two. Zaku’s reaction to his own answer was a nod and a reasonable expression before Sora spoke those words. Zaku looked as if he couldn’t actually believe the boy had said something so ignorant before he replied explaining that it was because he could crush them like a twig and that he would rather them have a chance to prove that they were not just useless future fertilizer.

He then explained that he was trying to teach another lesson, and explained that history was written by the winners, or in other words, dead men told no tales. He explained that regardless of what one did, that they must win, whether it was simply killing or any other endeavor. He smiled as he told Arami that if he was dead, that the others would tell what happened, and if one of them didn’t want to play ball then it was easy to dispatch them as well, which very likely true. It was then that he spoke of loyalty and judgment before asking if after they have joined a branch if the Raikage ordered them to kill the Sennin would they do it unquestioningly, or would they hesitate in their duties to investigate why he had ordered them to do it. “A trick question, one were either answer is wrong. What is he trying to do here?” Kyo wondered, he had decided to let the others answer before he did, to see what they would say. He then went on to tell them that the Raikage had ordered him to weed out the weak in the academy, “A noble enough endeavor.” Thought Kyo, and went on to say that he could just kill them all, but was simply trying to discover which of them was the weakest. While Kyo was certain that he was not the weakest of them, that did not mean he came across as such. “I should watch Zaku more warily.” Kyo thought as he took a small step back to better give him a view of all three that he was now watching carefully as he listened to the other boys answer.

First one to answer was Arami, he said he would die attempting to follow the Raikage’s orders, and that simply because it was the legal thing to do it was the thing he would do, which followed along nicely with his earlier objection to the previous question, it even included the same smugness that he had displayed before he when he had been wrong and shut down. Kyo saw him reach into his pocket, “Possibly to prepare a chakra bomb or is it something else?” It was then that Sora spoke up, saying he was not stalking the boy and not to worry about it, explaining that they were in the same graduating class and school, as such they would see each other a lot. He then looked to Zaku while placing his hands on the desk and tapping his fingers on it before he admitted to being weak, saying talking something asinine about stories being created and told, and that he knew death would come and stop him, which was something he didn’t know how to take other than by moving forward following his own will. “Admirable, but not something one should admit so openly, it can easily be used against you little Sora.” Kyo thought to himself as he listened to Sora continue speaking about needing more than determination to become a winner and that that was why he was here. He then said that he would not follow the order, because he must know the reason, not just to kill the sennin but to kill anyone regardless. Kyo mentally shook his head, while keeping his face in the same stoic mask he had worn so far.

It was finally Miko and Jun’s turn to answer the question, he had sat at his desk and pulled his hoodie up, hiding his face from view, “Not a bad course of action, it keeps others guessing to what you are paying attention to Miko.” It was then that the boy provided his own answer to the question, more elaborate and at the same time vague than the others. He said that all that matters is the conclusion, and that with that power placed in his hands by that order form the Raikage it would make him the most powerful man in the village, as he was tasked with killing one of the Raikage’s most valued followers. Due to this the fate of the village and the system would then be placed into his hands and that he would get to decide what would happen based upon different factors happening at the same time. He then spoke of changing or staying true to himself. He provided two separate answers, one mimicking the others and one saying that he would do what he thought he had the best chance at succeeding to do that aligned with his own views. “What is he thinking?” Kyo pondered a moment after Miko had finished, “Is he talking about turning it around on the Raikage? It would make sense seeing as Hikari is his family, his clan and he had been taken under her wing.” Kyo thought to himself before providing his own answer, “If I am getting this order I already have the trust of the Raikage, he believes me to be one of his Shinobi and that I have been trained to follow him. He is asking me to do it because he thinks that I can, or on the other hand it is really a mission meant to disgrace me and my clan in a move against them. Whether I follow the order or not would depend on my relationship with the Raikage, any trouble between the Raikage, his clan and my own, and my relationship with the Sennin in question. It would also depend on the current political climate, is there a coup brewing? Am I aware of this? For what reason is the coup brewing? What sort of reputation do I have with the other shinobi? There are too many variables at work for me to answer this seemingly easy and straight forward question at this time.” He had spoken more than he normally every did, he supposed he could have just kept to a short answer and not shown his mind at work, but the risk of showing it may very well be worth the reward in this case. He would watch the all the others for their reaction to what he had said, it would help him collect his own information. And even with all he had said, he had left more unspoken.

Ai Sasu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Entering the academy, AI was apprehensive to say the least. Why should he become a Shinobi? I mean, his mother was a successful civilian, why couldn't he follow the same path? With a sigh, he scrawled his name on the sign-up sheet, it was his parents will after all. Still, as he did so he couldn't help but smile. There was much to learn here, and for that he was grateful.

A couple days later he woke with a start. Glancing at his calendar, he realized that he had class today. 'Great, I'm late to my very first class..' He thought bitterly. Before he could fret over the situation, Ai was off. The pitter patter of his small feet rang through the hall, an echo to drown out his own heart beat - if only.

Stopping before the classroom door, he carefully attempted to sneak into the room. A loud creak however betrayed him. Head low, dirty blond curls hiding his face, Ai looked up at the room before him. Glancing first from the board to the papers he bowed slowly to Zaku and apologized for his tardiness. Glancing once more at the question before them, he cleared his throat and spoke.

"Why am I here? To learn of course.. why else?" He explained with a nervous chuckle.

Being home schooled, Ai sincerly hoped he didnt come accross rudly with his reply. His bright eyes gleaming with excitement, a gleam that often kept him out of trouble if for no other reason than he was adorable.

[Marked for Training: 257 wc]

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back