Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

The Rising Storm (OPEN)

Toraono Kuro

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Akuma Kuro sat in an empty chamber that used to be his parent's room. They were gone to a hidden point in the deep desert where not even Kuro could find them. All in preparation for all out war. His personal vendetta against the Daimyo had been postponed by order of the Last Sunahoshi. The king had returned and with him Kuro had passed the torch as Guardian to Azusa of the Aikayume family of kitsune priests. Hyakujuuonouu had accepted her and seeded her with great demonic power to defy all even the heavens which she prayed to. Kuro was still afflicted by the power of Mother Suna that remained within him but now he had found a purpose for it and soon everyone would be free of their pacts and all the final oaths of obligation. Never knowing that they would unleash another, possibly greater evil in the process.

Akuma Kuro stood at six feet, two inches, weighing in at two hundred and eighty pounds. Kuro’s silver gray mane of hair hung down to the middle of his back. With a twenty one inch neck Kuro’s hair couldn’t conceal very much even as it cascaded to the center of his upper back. Violet eyes with gold slits peered from a chocolate brow with large ebony horns growing from where a normal man’s temples would be. He wore black obi around his thirty six inch waist. The obi allowed Kuro to carry his honor blade in a special bone sheath. He wore his battle pouch on a second sash just above his right hip. Adjacent his sacred blade Kuro wore a pair of collapsed fuuma shuriken, and last but not least Kuro wore his leg sheath on the interior of his hakama just atop his fighting gi shorts with his ANBU serums and summon scrolls. A convenient cut in the silk cloth of his left hakama pants leg allowed Kuro full access to his ANBU gear without showing exactly where it was till he motioned to grab it. Securing his anbu arm guards and leggings Kuro covered the runic terran markings of his hand and leg wraps. Kuro’s tail swished back and forth its tiger stripes faintly surging with chakra. His black gi top opened to show his overly muscular upper body.

As he looked around the chamber he smiled about his past memories. As he stood up to leave he noticed a charm left upon the floor with flecks of lightning passing through it. It looked familiar and it smelled like the open plains he had not scented since his attempted trip to Konoha decades ago. With an all knowing smile the Devil Sage pocketed the charm and made his way into the hallway as he began the process of deactivating his weapon transport seals around the house. A growing sense of power made lightning jump between his horns as he continued child proofing the dojo.

Kazumi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
This was to be her first time that she finally was going to be alone in the Dojo. Alone in the sense that no one was going to be around to try and tag along to keep her safe or to watch over her. It had taken hours of heated words with her father before he allowed it, but she had the Storm Lord at her side now! He could not keep the leash on her forever, as much as it pained him to release it, not if she was to train to become a shinobi. The weight of the reality had not fully set in upon her yet: The responsibility, the danger, the soul-crushing dedication and work that she would have to be put through. She knew of those things of course, but none of their gravity had yet to press upon her.

Inexperienced as she was, Suzume had made her way out to the training grounds with garbs that were ill-fit for anything more than light exercise. Her outfit was mostly frills and well-tended cloth, adorned with ribbons and other accessories that made the skirt look battle-ready by comparison. Even so, she had a look of determination in her eyes as she made her way in through the exterior doors that lead into the dojo. This was not her first time here, far from it, but it was the first time she was here for herself, and to her that made all the difference. It almost took her breath away, even if such notions were childish at best, but the feeling was there all the same.

Practically, she was here to work on the equivalent of homework from the academy: kunai throwing. Thankfully she had been provided a half dozen of these heavy metal hand-me-downs from the academy that she lugged around in a duffle bag over her shoulder. Unfortunately, that bag, filled with that many metal weapons was rather heavy, and by the time she made it inside she was almost sweating and slightly out of breath from the walk here alone. It was not a promising sign, but her exuberance and determination did not falter at such notions, if she took notice of them at all.

The large door behind her thumped closed, the sound echoing through the chamber as Suzume continued to stare at the area with new eyes. A few long moments passed before she gathered her wits, set the bag on the ground and began to drag it behind her, leaving a trail of sand that was brushed aside by the bag. She was not entirely sure where she was going here, but she figured she would jut end up at the spot she needed to be eventually... besides, it was a good break from toting the bag here after all, she could use a little break.

Toraono Kuro

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Carefully holding the ancient lightning talisman Akuma Kuro allowed it's growing charge to lead him to a little girl holding a bag of used kunai. Not one for ceremony when it was unnecessary Kuro came in and sat against the back wall as he waited to see how the young lady planned to train when a small storm cloud surreptitiously began to build above them. Although the chamber did not darken and the cloud was no bigger than a small child the room began to feel like static electricity and Kuro's horns began to pass lightning between them. That was the odd part for Kuro, his horns only did that when he was protecting his daughter or another family member. The discharge was small but it was growing and as Akuma Kuro analyzed himself he noted this was not his chakra or his energy. After focusing his incredibly sensitive eyes he realized it was the girl whom was inadvertently causing the changes in him, the talisman, and the general area. Fascinating, Seeing her made him miss his children adopted and natural born all the more. Kuro would then stand and announce himself....
"Excuse me young lady, I am Toraono Kuro of House Toraono. I found this talisman while cleaning some old chambers and it drew me to you. I think it belongs to you and wants to be in your possession."<i></i>

HlHyWW4.jpg

Kuro would use his telekinesis to float it over to her and leave it just within her reach so he could physically stay at the far end of the room and not scare or intimidate the child. Some kids were easily scared and Kuro was not in the business of purposely frightening children.

Kazumi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
With a metallic clatter, she let the bag flop completely to the floor as she made her way to the center of the training arena. It had room for a dozen people to train without getting into each's others way significantly, but it was curiously empty at this hour, aside from its two lone occupants. Suzume was quite oblivious to the changes in the room and the ceiling, she was too focused internally trying to figure out how she was going to even start, and even the presence of Lord Kuro was lost on her. She knelt down and unzipped the bag, fishing out two of the heavy metal weapons when she heard the man's strong voice echos across the hard walls of the chamber. Startled, she dropped one as she quickly scrambled to her feet, awkwardly holding one in her right hand as she caught sight of the legend standing across the room.

She was certainly familiar with both him and the more well known of his exploits, he was after all one of the most, if not the most, powerful of the main branch of the clan. As realization of whom was addressing her set in she quickly scampered over towards the beast of a man, not appearing off put by his size or natural ferocity, she was no stranger to men with singular muscles that weighed as much as she. The talisman that he had intended for her lay somewhere nearby where she had been, not even noticed in her nervous approach. Once she reached him, her words left her entirely as she stood before him, practically searching around their immediate vicinity for what to say. Thankfully her facilities did not fail her completely, and her kin-mother's priestly teachings slowly came back to her.

Suzume stopped her nervous shuffling, as best she could manage, and stood up straight, still dwarfed by the man that stood before her. "I-I am Oushi-Ouja Suzume, s-sir." It was much more formal than she wanted to be, but it was better than sputtering out like a hapless child who now stood in front of one of her idols. "N-n-n-nice to meet you.... sir." Here she was, making a fool of herself in front of the Toraono Kuro. He must think her an idiot little kid, because that was certainly how she felt she appeared right now. It was not until then that she finally even registered the rest of what he had said a short while before, "w-what did you say before?" She asked, further driving home her failed attempts at not making a fool of herself.

Samejima

Yen
ASP
Deaths
How long has it been... This place has really changed. No less than six years had passed since the last time Samejima Naoki set foot in this dojo. It was here that she learned the basics of what she knew now, with members of the Byakko branch of the Toraono clan bending time and space in order to facilitate her accelerated course. How far she had fallen, now a newly returned Missing-Nin (at least effectively) seeking some kind of purpose outside of the vague "helping others" and "survive." She had been unable to face either her family near the coastline of the Sand Country nor her old friends from the Academy, avoiding them whenever she could though it is unlikely that any of them would even recognize her as she was. The 20-something genin walked in to see if she could get some training done, and hopefully regain some of the fervor she used to have for her training, coming across the conversation unfolding between two individuals.

Is that Kuro-dono? He seems completely unchanged from the last time we talked, and that was... a long while back. Maybe I should come back some other time... Remembering the debt she owed the sennin as well as her current state of being, she felt a great sense of shame in not having achieved much of note. It overwhelmed her for some time, and had it not been for the girl reminding her of how she acted in front of these illustrious beings when she first met them, she probably wouldn't have had a chance to recover. Smiling somewhat sadly at the memory, she decided to face her shame head on... But first, maybe she could offer some assistance to the little one. "Excuse me." She came in, bowing her head to Kuro and waving at the girl (assuming she caught her attention; she seemed quite enamored by the head of the Toraono clan, understandably). "Don't worry, I don't think he'll bite your head off or anything if you misstep," she joked, offering the girl a smile. She heard a crackling from some distance away, and tilted her head curiously, but otherwise didn't pay it much mind. She had something she needed to say quickly, before she lost her nerve.

"Toraono Kuro-dono," she paused to bow more deeply, "You might not remember me, but my name is Samejima Naoki. I have just returned from a six-year absence from the ranks of Sunan shinobi, and I... am sorry that I couldn't come back any sooner to help in what little ways I can around Suna." There were circumstances that she would rather not bring up with the girl here, regardless of how emotionally mature she might be, but Naoki pressed on. "I remember that I owe you the debt of giving me training, the means of which are beyond my current understanding, and I wanted you to know that I do intend on repaying it someday, whatever form that might take." Naoki felt much better now that she had gotten that off her chest, and hoped that he might reply with some form of forgiveness or just an acknowledgment.

A few moments after that speech, she realized she had nothing else to say, and stood stock still wondering if she should leave after that or if it would be too weird. How am I still this awkward?! I'm like twenty for chrissakes!

[MFT]

Toraono Kuro

Yen
ASP
Deaths
"I-I am Oushi-Ouja Suzume, s-sir.", "N-n-n-nice to meet you.... sir.", "w-what did you say before?" She asked. Kuro would smile to Suzume and pick up the talisman that led him to her and place it in her hand. "This talisman led me to you so I am certain you are destined to have it. When you decide you need help in your training, please let me or any elder know and we were do our best to assist you."

"Excuse me." "Don't worry, I don't think he'll bite your head off or anything if you misstep," she joked, offering the girl a smile.

"Toraono Kuro-dono," she paused to bow more deeply, "You might not remember me, but my name is Samejima Naoki. I have just returned from a six-year absence from the ranks of Sunan shinobi, and I... am sorry that I couldn't come back any sooner to help in what little ways I can around Suna."

Kuro would stand up after handing Suzume the Storm King's charm and looked over to Samejima. She had grown up alot and looked healthy enough. Kuro would carefully embrace her in a fatherly hug in a manner that would not cause her discomfort or harm and after hugging her would continue on his duties in the dojo. "It is good to see you Samejima, I am glad you are safe and well. If you have a moment please look after young Suzume. She might be able to learn alot from your worldly experiences."<i></i>

Content that one of his favorite students had returned safely Kuro would return to patrols and cleaning the dojo. He would be around if called.

(Topic not left but out of the way so you two can post w/o waiting on Kuro)

Kazumi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
She looked nervous and awkward as she stood before Kuro, a feeling that increased as he stepped over past her to pick up the talisman that he had intended for her. Once it was in her hand, she looked down at it curiously. It felt cold and hard, and yet somehow familiar to her. She stared hard at it for a few moments before her silence was broken by the sound of another speaking up behind her. She spun to see Naoki, who immediately offered her a bit of well intentioned advice before she prostrated herself before Kuro.

Instinctively, Suzume took a step back so that she was no longer standing partly between the pair as Naoki reintroduced herself to the Senin. Then something occurred that she had not expected in the slightest, he stepped forward and scooped Naoki up with his massive arms. His strength and their size difference reminded her of herself and her father, causing her to look away from the pair with a different form of embarrassment. Biting her lip, she looked back to the pair as he released her and made the request for Naoki to watch over Suzume.

She looked over towards Naoki once again, a new view of the woman replacing the one of the random stranger. Anyone who Kuro would treat that was must be both strong and important. She bit her lip a little harder as Kuro stepped aside to allow them both to become acquainted, clenching the talisman in her hand. "N-n.... Nice to meet you," her admiration of Toraono Kuro seeping over and ruining her ability to even properly introduce herself to even Naoki. Make that two failed introductions in one day, given a week Suzume would ruin the entire village's opinion of her.

Samejima

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Tearing up a little at what seemed to be unconditional contentment on Kuro's part, she returned the hug and nodded stiffly as the sennin left to continue his rounds. She realized she had yet to go home and hug her parents. Maybe they would be as accepting as Kuro was.

When Naoki turned to look at the young one, she had already begun the ugly cry that she reserved for that moment of realization that of course they weren't going to hate her, they're family and she should go home right now to soothe their worries goddammit. Sniffling somewhat profusely, the tall genin tried her best to wipe her face down and cleared her throat. "Nice to meet you too, Suzume-chan. You c-can just call me Naoki if you want, sorry about uh... this." She smiled weakly, gesturing to her face. "So, you seem like a fresh face; never saw you--er, well, you know what I mean--around Suna from when I was about your age, so I'm gonna guess you're..." She paused to ponder, subtracting the number of years she was away from Suna and trying to reconcile it with how Suzume looked. I was out for about six years, but she doesn't seem to be six... Don't remember her around any of the kids from Sietch either, and she doesn't have her headband--ah, I guess I should get another one of those for myself--so... best guess is "Ten?"

Immediately after mentioning it she realized the girl couldn't possibly be ten, she seemed like puberty had already hit her with the pretty stick. "N-no wait, that can't be right. 17?" But she's too short to be 17. Right? Shit, I'm not good at this. Naoki tended to use herself as a metric for these age-guessing scenarios, but she tended to forget that she grew differently from the rest of the girls, having built up muscle and such from training. Speaking of which, after Suzume's reply, she would either apologize for getting her age wrong or smile triumphantly if she got it right, then continue with a casual invitation to train together.

Kazumi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Still recovering from meeting with the Senin himself, Suzume was not entirely sure what to say to the woman. The fact that she appeared to be partly crying only made that indecision worse, as she averted her eyes out of respect as Naoki pulled herself together. "N-no, it is cool. I... erm..." She wasn't speaking loudly enough as Naoki immediately began playing the classic game that adults did with kids: age guessing. Naoki's first guess actually managed to break Suzume from her idol induced trance. Ten? How could she possibly think that she was ten? The second guess was just as far off from the first, leaving Suzume looking convinced that the woman must be blind if she was guessing so randomly.

"Fourteen..." she replied flatly, a little bit of sass bleeding into her tone as she corrected the woman. It didn't take long for her to notice it, however, and she quickly stuttered out, "M-ma'am." Giving her a quick bow to try and hide the disrespect she had just shown to the woman.

The offer of training caught Suzume by surprise, even though the true idol had already departed after suggested that very same thing. "M-me? No no, I-I just started at the academy. I-I I couldn't." She wasn't being modest either, she actually couldn't do much of anything more than what an untrained civilian could do. She could hold a sword, throw a kunai, but neither of those were anything near proficient. If this woman saw her train, surely word of her lack of progress and potential would reach back to the Senin and that was the last thing she wanted right now. "I mean... Thanks, but like... I probably should just do it on my own. Wouldn't want to accidentally throw one and hit you or anything." Thinking as quickly as her befuddled mind could, she quickly tried to change the subject by asking, "how do you know Lord Kuro?"

Samejima

Yen
ASP
Deaths
"Fourteen huh..." Naoki mused, recalling the last time she tried to think of her 14th year of life. It had been just fine. She was proceeding well with her training, she had several friends who had graduated from the Academy she hung out with from time to time, and Tsubaki--

She cut off her train of thought. She was far too emotional to think about that one right now. Though she had heard that the girl was alright now and is most likely living happily together with her family, she was still somewhat distraught about her having left Suna. To think that she'd never hear that voice again, even though Tsubaki never used it much for understandable reasons... "Ahh, it's okay, I'm just a genin even at this age, if you're formal with me I'll just start feeling like some old bag," Naoki chuckled, patting Suzume's hair a little and kneeling so she was at the younger girl's eye level. "Actually, think of me like your older sister or somethin'!" Grinning, Naoki thought to herself about how she'd always wanted a younger sibling. Or any sibling really. Ahh I bet life woulda been so much more fun with a little sister around to tease. I wonder if she has siblings. Maybe she can tell me about em.

At her remark about accidentally throwing one of something at hitting her, and trying to change the subject once more without having to talk of her own lost potential and lack of progress, Naoki stood back up. "Hooh? I'm actually pretty confident about my dodging skills. You sayin' you could hit me even if you weren't trying?" The genin tried to appear severe, narrowing her eyes and "staring" at where she supposed Suzume's eyes were, but she couldn't control the narrowing and it just looked like she had something in her eye. After a few moments of silence on Naoki's part, she cracked up and clapped Suzume on the back. "Ahahaha, sorry, I couldn't resist! I've never really had anyone to mess with like that before, haha!"

After cackling for a few more seconds, she would try and assess whether or not Suzume seemed to be laughing with her or if she just seemed uncomfortable. If it seemed like Suzume was fine, she would leave it at that, but if she wasn't then the genin would apologize a second time, "H-hey, sorry. I guess my humor's a little weird." Regardless of which it was, she would explain her intent behind the invitation to train. "And I just wanted to know if there was anything I can help you with, y'know? Kuro-dono did tell me to watch over you, and since I can't actually watch you in the traditional sense, might as well try and get you up to speed with any random things people might pull on you."

[MFT]

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back