Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

The Smallest Sounds Leave the Clearest Echoes (Open/ANBU)

Hashigaki Kauru

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Kauru had grown rather weary of village life over the years. He was unsure what had led him to stalk quietly through the dim halls of the Obsidian Palace, but it wasn’t of any consequence, as the Hashigaki always had felt at home in the dark. However, when Kauru considered this, he realized that it was not boredom, but apathy for the unremarkable that had led him to taking up lurking around the ANBU headquarters. Perhaps it had been the unbearable tedium of his academy days, or his horror of performing the Genin’s role as village grunt. His ascendance to Chuunin had come swiftly and with little effort, as nearly everything in his life had.

Kauru needed a challenge – a purpose. ANBU. He couldn’t shake the thought, no matter where he went, what song he played or sang, there was always a sour note, something off-key deep within him. The budding Hashigaki virtuoso was always left with one concussive thought pounding through his brain and rattling around his skull after every performance, every mission, and every moment. No matter where he went, who he fought, or who he pretended to be, it was there. There’s a melody in everything, and I’m trying to find a harmony but nothing seems to work – no, nothing seems to fit.
Finally, the thought had begun to play under the rampant pounding of his heart. A widening smirk crept began spreading to the corners of his lips, which had flushed crimson, echoing the sentiment of his throbbing jugular vein. It wouldn’t have taken more than a paper cut to bleed the Chuunin out entirely with the surge of adrenaline that coursed through him.

In his excitement, Kauru had become too hasty. Where he once felt the traces of chakra, sensed the echoes of footsteps traced in dust and sand, now the beating of his heart had drowned out the finer details. They were there, but they were fuzzy, gross facsimiles of the exquisitely telling details which had once lingered in his mind. He bit the inside of his lip and furrowed his brow, pausing for a moment before swiveling the shamisen on his back around to a proper playing position. He let a small, swift arpeggio ring out, and suddenly the melodic reverberations painted the landscape anew within his mind’s eye. Back on the trail.

After surveying much of the Palace, Kauru felt as though there was something out of place. There was a pervasive residual concentration of chakra on one particularly looming slab of the sable fortress. Upon further examination, the Chuunin realized that he had stumbled his way across an access panel of sorts. He could sense the chakra bouncing sporadically throughout what seemed to be the keypad. Some small ripple of hesitation shot through his being, Well, it’s worth a shot, he mused to himself. Unwrapping his makeshift blindfold, Kauru stood for a moment and let his eyes adjust to the peculiar lighting. His eyes gave off a faint emerald glow as he peered at the presumed entry device.

This should only take a second, Kauru thought, and with a bit of focus the emerald glow of his eyes grew into a frenzy, wildly delighting in the influx of chakra which Kauru had channeled through them. They greedily devoured the chakra and gave Kauru his meager recompense. The Hashigaki shinobi hurriedly traced his hand over the chakra pattern which had emerged, and felt the Palace quiver as the door slid open. Here goes nothing. he thought, as he waited to see what sat in wait behind the massive sable entryway.

(OOC: I'm looking for proper RP to become an ANBU, if possible. It’d be greatly appreciated! Will send some messages out as well, others are free to join if it helps you in any way.)
WC: 592
Marked for Training

Raizo

11th Kazekage
Yen
ASP
Deaths
Re: The Smallest Sounds Leave the Clearest Echoes (Open/ANBU

Episode 1: 'Another Young One'| ANBU Sennin Arc said:
[col]"Sir, there seems to be an individual lurking around the palace."

Roku sat within one of the rooms, a rather office looking space within the innards of the ANBU Headquarters, with his mask off but still in his Sennin persona's attire. Upon hearing the news he would press his hand on the come device:

"What does it appear they are after?"

"Sir, it appears to be a village shinobi, younger male, and they are blindfolded. They just seem to be wandering about."

A smirk would appear on Roku's face as it seemed an academy level prank was unfolding. The Obsidian Palace, thanks to its own aura and the mystique of Mikaboshi, always had the presence of some urban legend-like haunted house.

"Sir, it seems they are also getting through the layout pretty well even with the blindfold."

"Where are they heading towards?"

"Our front door."

"Understood. En route. If Reaper is around notify him that I will address the lost little mouse."

With that he would pick up the metallic skull-like mask, place it upon his head and pull up his hood. This was the image of Tenken, one member of the ANBU Sennin duo. It would not take particularly long for him to make his way to the entrance area of the headquarters. He prepared to open the slab and greet the little lost soul who had been snooping around, but what came next would cause him to cock his head to the side; the door was already opening.

Woah, woah... what a cheeky little runt...

As the door would shake and shift, Kauru would be greeted with a presence of Tenken. The Sennin stood at 6'2" which would put him a few inches taller than the youngster, but where they would be drastically different would be in physical build. While the ANBU Sennin was cloaked and wearing dark clothes, his board shoulders and well built physique could still be ascertained. That is, if the boy could see such minute details. There was something different about him and his ability to suddenly open the door was a very curious situation as well.

"What are you looking for..."

The metallic, gravely voice, definitely different than the actual voice of Roku, would echo out as the red eyes of the mask glared down into the eyes, who would cause a new set of questions, of Kauru.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
OOC:

|
[legend="[glow=blue][b][size=5]Tenken[/size][/b][/glow]"]
7b90cce1f4be907312a0ace5db50709f2124b377_hq_zpsuiwnrfai.gif

Rank ANBU Sennin
Epithet: Heavenly Punishment
Height: 6'2"
Build: Lean and Muscular
Blood Type: O Negative
ANBU Data
Stamina: 50,400
Chakra: 31,200
Power Level: 3600 [CL: 15]
Stamina: 600 / 600
Agility: 600 / 600
Ninjutsu: 600 / 600
Taijutsu: 600 / 600
Genjutsu: 600 / 600
Chakra Control: 600 / 600
Fight Data
WiPActionsWiPWeapon EquippedWiPMood MusicWiPMISC X
[/legend]​
[/col]

Hashigaki Kauru

Yen
ASP
Deaths

iMVoFiL.png

The hulking onyx door slid away, and Kauru watched stoically as a cloaked figure emerged from behind the wall. Kauru’s Demonic Eyes still flared with a deep jade glow, and allowed him to quickly ascertain the situation at hand. Kauru scanned the cloaked figure over and refocused his gaze into the haunting red eyes that seemed to burn with fury. The man’s cloak was flowing and dark, an echo of the hue of the chambers around them, but the cloak and dark clothing did very little to mask his looming presence. He was clearly a hulking man, several inches taller than Kauru. With a voice that seemed to have been passed through a synthesizer or some other device which managed to distort it, the man spoke, "What are you looking for..." The utterance felt more like a command than an inquisition.

The Hashigaki’s ears were attuned to the slightest of variances in musical quality, including picking out vocal patterns and inflections. Even over the grinding and tinny cover-up that marred the original timbre until it had nearly become unrecognizable, Kauru could tell that whoever the man was, his interest was at least piqued enough to allow him to live long enough to provide an answer. All he could do now was how that the answer would suffice.

"Hello. I apologize for the intrusion. My name is..." Kauru paused for the slightest of moments. He recalled that within the ANBU ranks, proper names were often forsaken altogether and generally of little consequence. "Toumei." Kauru had recalled overhearing the name mentioned in a class somewhere, and it either meant transparency or cleanness, and either way, it fully described his fighting style as a friend of a shadows, meant to leave no mess beyond what blood must be shed ."I haven't come here to waste your time, so I'll cut to the chase. I am here to enlist my services to the ANBU. Please, don't misunderstand me - I don't mean I want to enlist exclusively for today, not for this week - for good." There was a vigor in his voice that gave the presence of conviction and decisiveness and it rang out with a harmonic resonance that filled the glum halls with a semblance of hope. With that, Kauru resumed his quiet gaze, allowing his flickering eyes to lock with the soulless red orbs buzzing behind the mask, awaiting the cloaked figure's reply.

Raizo

11th Kazekage
Yen
ASP
Deaths

Episode 2: 'Toumei'| ANBU Sennin Arc said:
[col]The young man would take a moment to answer his question with a couple pieces of information; a false name and a wanting to enlist in the ranks of the ANBU.

Positive, he has a good reason for being here, so not an idiot, and that seemed to be a truthful response so I can admire the honesty. But now the negatives...

"Here to enlist...Toumei? So before me I have an individual who essentially snuck into the prison, attempted to break, successfully I might add, into our headquarters and then provided the Sennin of the ANBU Branch with, what I assume, is a false name. Tell me, Toumei, why should I allow your enlistment? Why shouldn't I apprehend you for your suspicious behavior?"

Kaura's enhanced hearing would not notice any noticeable changes in the tone of Tenken. All of his words came out very calm and matter-of-fact. He was not showing signs of anger, frustration, or any real emotion, which probably would not help the bright teen to figure out where this was all heading.

"Allow this to be a lesson of sorts for you, consider it a freebie: whether Toumei is your name or not, you have given no effort to hide your face. So what if I was not a member of ANBU, what if I was an insurgent still left over from the Cabal attacks? Now, even if you manage to escape, I will remember your face and will be able to do a reasonable hunt to find you with little effort. Your name, false or otherwise, is inconsequential if I happen to know your face, especially someone who happens to have unique eyes like yourself."

I will give him some kudos, opening the door without any knowledge of how to do it was a pretty good trick. Was it luck, those odd eyes or does he have some other ability? I see merit in such talents.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
OOC:

</B>
|

Rank ANBU Sennin
Build: Lean and Muscular
ANBU Data
Fight Data
[/legend]​
<B>[/col]

Hashigaki Kauru

Yen
ASP
Deaths

If there was one thing that the Hashigaki chuunin was adept at, it was listening, and so he made sure to give each word careful consideration as the hooded man spoke.

"Here to enlist...Toumei? So before me I have an individual who essentially snuck into the prison, attempted to break, successfully I might add, into our headquarters and then provided the Sennin of the ANBU Branch with, what I assume, is a false name. Tell me, Toumei, why should I allow your enlistment? Why shouldn't I apprehend you for your suspicious behavior?"

He wasn't wrong. There was no reason for him to be here accepting an audience with a walk-in. Or was there?

The young shinobi's eyes tightened as he peered into the abyss of fluorescent crimson before him. He spoke again, this time leaving no room for doubt. "It seems that perhaps something has been lost in translation between us. Allow me to provide some clarification - Toumei is not a false name, it is an aspiration. Toumei is transparency, it is that which is clean and neat. Toumei is that which goes unseen. It is the mark of a job well done for ANBU. Toumei is how I have chosen to operate, and who I am committed to becoming."

Kauru noticed that the cadence of the man's voice had shifted and lost nearly all semblance of human attachment or emotion when he spoke. "Allow this to be a lesson of sorts for you, consider it a freebie: whether Toumei is your name or not, you have given no effort to hide your face. So what if I was not a member of ANBU, what if I was an insurgent still left over from the Cabal attacks? Now, even if you manage to escape, I will remember your face and will be able to do a reasonable hunt to find you with little effort. Your name, false or otherwise, is inconsequential if I happen to know your face, especially someone who happens to have unique eyes like yourself."

Keeping this in mind, he continued to evaluate the rest of the man's claim., mirroring his cool demeanor. "I wonder how the corps fairs now after the Cabal incursion. If your numbers were stable, I would never have made it to you in the first place, and there'd be no incentive for you to talk to me now or even stop you from killing me. After all, who knows what could happen to a lonely shinobi wandering the halls of the Obsidian Palace after all of the recent Cabal theatrics? Certainly no one would be surprised to find another body." Kauru spoke with solemnity and shrewdness. His questions were not flippant, but reflective, an auditory manifestation of his deductive process.

"As for the eyes... I spent my whole life blind, save the last few years. If you took them or not, it wouldn't make much difference to me." Kauru refastened the blindfold he had brought, a tattered crimson cloth he used to keep his eyes from stealing all of his chakra, given the ravenous beasts that they were. As he cinched the knot around the back of his head, he spoke again with the utmost composure. "Allow me to make a point." He shuffled down the hallway quietly and swiftly, slinking along, and at twenty paces out, slipped into the shadows. He knew that he should have been invisible, or nearly so, given the shadows and his mastery of a variety of shadow and stealth techniques, but there was no telling with the unflinching gaze of the hooded man.

He drew his sword and stepped swiftly, hurling it with all his might. The sword landed deftly with a clang and anchored itself in the doorway, centimeters away from the masked man's cloak, nearing trimming off the outermost layer of fabric. Kauru hoped that his actions would not be received as hostile, and that his spectacle would do more to intrigue than to incite. Besides, he had just willingly surrendered his preferred weapon.

"You see, the darkness is my friend. I was born and bred here, and in this Palace or any places where shadows lurk, I am home. I am transparent. I am clean. I am Toumei."

With that, he opened a small belt pouch and removed a mask. He had found it while rummaging through his father's old belongings. After embellishing a few effects, he had made it his own. He pulled it out and flourished it to the man, ensuring it caught enough light to be visible in the dark glow of the Palace hall.
rhjclSD.jpg

"If you'd prefer, I could don the mask... but, I'd hate to take that leap without your permission." And with that, he waited.

Michi

Legendary Member
Yen
ASP
Deaths

Awaiting Roku's thumbs up in this thread to change your banner over as seen in the request area. Roku just poke me on SKYPE to do it because I am working my long shifts so it is very hard for me to look everywhere I would like to.

Raizo

11th Kazekage
Yen
ASP
Deaths

Episode 3: 'Deal or No Deal'| ANBU Sennin Arc said:
[col]The teen's words may have been intended to show the Sennin something more to him, but came off as arrogant. Then he would have to watch as the little delinquent threw his sword towards him. His red orbs would scan over to the now mounted blade as he would let out a sigh.

Talk about losing something in translation, who the fuck throws a sword when they want to get on someone's good side...

If the situation were as it was when he first enlisted, the brat would be beaten soundly and sent on his way. However, it was much like this Toumei had said, the current state of affairs were lacking and reinforcing the branch was something he wished to do. In his current set of beginning moves, he had already rushed three hand picked shinobi in the branch to either the rank of ANBU or higher. Tenken was very unconventional so far, why change now.

"So to clarify; after insulting the current state of the branch and pointing you weapon at me... then you ask for permission from me to put on your mask? You are very confusing, you cheeky brat."[glow]

Snark was such a common thread of the personality of the man behind the mask that he often times found it weaving into Tenken's own actions. Reaching back he would pull the blade from the wall and take a brief moment to analyze it.

"Toumei, allow me to introduce myself; my 'name' is Tenken and my title is Sennin of the ANBU corps, and I would much rather you have this back..."

He would toss the sword back to Toumei in a manner that would make it easy to snatch out of the air.

"...because I am still determining if I should beat you to death here and now, and I would much rather you be able to protect yourself to some degree."

Much like Toumei, his words weren't flippant but simply stated as an honest view of his internal thinking at this point in time.

"Hmmm, but I think I would rather do this; I will grant your enrollment into the corps, under a probationary term, to see if you are truly deserving of donning the mask. All I ask is one thing from you; provide me your actual name. In our world that is certain death, but the same could be said about letting in random intruders into our ranks... so this will be our compromise."

Deal or no deal?

OOC:
MFT - 415
|

Rank ANBU Sennin
Build: Muscular
ANBU Data
Fight Data
[/legend]​
[/col]

Hashigaki Kauru

Yen
ASP
Deaths

Observing the reflections of the masked man, Kauru felt the crushing weight of the cloaked ANBU's final proposition. He knew that it was generally forbidden for an ANBU member to reveal their identity. However, Kauru recalled that the clause only applied to actual ANBU members revealing themselves to non-superiors. Higher ranking ANBU Officials and, of course, the Kazekage were the only exceptions to this rule.

As he rapidly dissected the situation, he realized that the outcomes were already predetermined. If the man was intent on killing for giving his name, he could not prevent the assault. Similarly, if he refused outright, the man, whose patience was clearly running thin, could just as likely snap and kill him for his insolence. Lying to an ANBU was about the least intelligent thing one could do, especially one teetering on the edge of fury.

The only outcome which could result in a positive end for either party, as far as Kauru could see, was to yield to the man's inquiry. He spoke, unfettered and ready to yield to the man's reaction, whatever it might be. "A fair request for fair recompense. My name is Hashigaki Kauru. If you'd have me in your ranks, I swear to serve Sunagakure with all that I am. One way or another, I will draw my last breath in this mask." With that, Kauru slid the mask over his face, looking inquisitively at his potential superior.

Raizo

11th Kazekage
Yen
ASP
Deaths

Episode 4: 'Deal'| ANBU Sennin Arc said:
[col]Behind the mask there would be a wide grin.

"Thank you, and should I ever come calling you by that name, be aware it will not be on good terms or end pleasantly. Your pledge is good and well, but I am a fan of action. Show me, show this village, that you deserve to be one of its silent protectors is all I ask. From here on out, Toumei, when you are wearing your mask you will forsake your old life, protect your identity and yourself and ultimately conduct your actions in a way that put the village's safety first. For those not in our world, for those that are medics, academy students, civilians or just those that leisurely stroll through this world with the mere title of shinobi, it is simple to see the world as black and white, good and evil, villains and heroes. But for our world, there is no luxury. We are beings mired in grey that must make choices and decisions that will always come with a price and never be easy."

Tenken would merely bow to Toumei as he started to turn his back and return to the innards of the headquarters.

"I'd tell you how to enter, but you seem to already have a grasp on that. I will say this, you are currently on a probationary period but that will not limit you in anyway from completing you tasks. It merely means I will be keeping an eye on you for a bit until I can make a final decision on you. You have skills, both in terms of your mind and understanding of your physical ability, but this branch is not easy... on anyone. If I deem you unworthy I will make it known. When I have fully embraced you, I will make it known. Best of luck, Toumei."

And with that, one half of the ANBU Sennin leadership would walk back towards his previous location to continue his own personal investigation of some of the recent situations within the village and country.

Hmmm, Kauru. What an interesting young one. I am very interested to see how he progresses, seems to have the necessary potential...

OOC:

|

Rank ANBU Sennin
Build: Muscular
ANBU Data