Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

The Smell of Rain (Contract Search)

Atsushi Nakamura

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Ao awoke to the sound of rainfall on the roof of his tent, and the smell of the rainfall meeting the earth. ‘Well that’s not a bad way to start a new day off by any means’ Ao thought to himself as he stepped out of the tent and stretched his arms high above his head. The rain wasn’t torrential by any means, but it was falling at a steady pace nonetheless. Ao didn’t mind though, it had been a while since he had taken a proper shower anyways so he could use a good rinse. Ao ran the fingers of his right hand through his hair, from the front to the back, in order to pull it back and out of the way.

Ao had been en route to the Village hidden in the Clouds when the rain initially started rolling in. He, more than likely, could have made it to Kumogakure before nightfall, but he decided to spend one more night in the wilderness instead. The forest he had found himself in reminded him of home after all, before the once tropical lands of Water Country had become a frozen waste land, and he could not resist camping out in the woods as he had done as a child. It had been quite refreshing, and it helped to calm Ao’s nerves in regards to visiting Kumogakure. He knew very little about the Hidden Cloud village, especially regarding their views on former shinobis from other villages, and he had been stressing about it for a week now.

Ao moved away from the tent, the rain had begun to lighten, so he decided that it was breakfast time. Ao had set up camp close to a small creek last night, but he hadn’t paid close enough attention as to whether or not it contained any fish. He moved closer to the creek and peered into its waters and saw nothing but a few bugs and minnows. A sigh escaped his mouth, ‘I suppose I’ll have to forage or hunt for something, too bad I already used up all of my rations.’, he leaned his head back so that he was looking up to the sky and closed his eyes. The rain fell on his face, lightly massaging his face and helping him clear his mind. Ao had nothing against hunting usually, but he wasn’t exactly in the mood to find a creature, track it down, slay it and then prep and cook it. So he decided that he was going to try and find some fruits, nuts, or wild vegetables to eat for breakfast.

Ao packed his tent and the rest of his belongings up first, and then started off in the direction of the village. He figured that he would either find something edible and stop, or make it to the village and hopefully get something there. If he was let in that is. Roughly and hour had passed, the rain now a mere drizzle, when Ao heard the small and familiar voice of the being inside of him.

We are not alone, someone or something, is watching us.
' Instantly the hairs on the back of Ao’s neck stood straight, his pace slowed slightly, and he began to focus on the sounds and smells around him. Ao did not want to turn and look for fear that it might give away the fact that he now knew he was being followed, but he did want to try and figure out who or what was following him before it was too late.
After a few moments Ao had decided on a course of action. He lifted both hands and put them on the back of his head, he leaned his head backwards a little until it rested in the palms of his now intertwined metal hands. Ao then stopped walking suddenly and spoke without turning around.

I know you’re following me, if you are planning to rob me I assure you that I have nothing of any value. If you are lost than I would be happy to help you find your way. And if you’re following me with ill-intent, I can assure you that I am not easily killed. So why don’t you do the polite thing and come out and talk to me, face-to-face, I’m sure we can find some middle ground here.” Ao then turned around, with a big grin on his face, in hopes that whatever or whoever was following him would show themselves.
I’m fine with anything, but I would prefer anything but Marine Mammal. I will also be using the "Discovery of Contract of Random Choice" I purchased here: https://www.ninpocho.com/viewtopic.php?p=245330#p245330 as I mentioned in my request. Thank you again for taking on my contract search.

Atsushi Nakamura

Yen
ASP
Deaths
I Accept!

I have removed Random Contract Discovery from my profile, documented in my "Advanced Shop" section of my profile: https://www.ninpocho.com/viewtopic.php?f=486&t=10964&p=91867#p91867

Tomomi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
4724showing.jpg

Name: Mei
Animal: Fox
Master: Overlord Yume​

The rain had begun to lighten and Mei was on the prowl towards her home and family who had been waiting on her for quite some time. She had been tasked with delivering a message to one of the humans that had signed a contract with Yuna, their overlord, who had started to get a little too friendly with this human being. However, Mei was merely a working class kitsune and she had to do what her boss wanted from her even if she disagreed with the intentions of her lord. In any case, the deed was done and the outcome from the message would be felt in some way in the near future, Mei assumed.

However, she was currently headed towards the Village Hidden in the Cloud's gate due in part because the entrance to her home was only a few kilometers outside of the gates. As she was walking, she noticed another human being walking in front of her and she tried to stay back in the shadows trying to not make a scene as they both walked. However, this individual must've caught her scent or her tiny footsteps as he proclaimed that he knew that she was "following" him and that he wanted her to reveal herself to talk. Of course, he had to proclaim prior to those words that he had nothing of value and that he couldn't be killed easily, but Mei just shrugged it off. But before revealing herself, a panicked look appeared on her face as she thought to herself silently: "Damn. How'd he realize I was here? Were my footsteps too loud or does he have some higher being that is watching over him and told him? Hmm..."

It was decision time for Mei. She could reveal herself or she could try to sneak away from this stranger. As of now, he hadn't truly threatened her so she didn't feel too concerned and Yume could always use another plaything when she grew bored so maybe this man wouldn't be a terrible suitor. Besides, Mei had been working her tail off recently so a little goofing wouldn't be a terrible thing, right? After pondering this thought for a good few moments, Mei would reveal herself under a Transformation to the man with an umbrella in hand concealing her from any of the precipitation that was still falling from the gray skies. She would wink at the man as she proceeded to talk to him as she approached him: "Well, hi there, Good Looking! I didn't think anyone would notice me headed towards my destination. But enough about me hehe. Why are you out in this weather alone? Don't you have a girlfriend or wife that are waiting on you?"

Oh yes, this was going to be a fun trip for her. The question was would he realize that it was merely a disguise or bite the bait?

Atsushi Nakamura

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Inhale
One…
Exhale

I must maintain my composure, I’m a monk after all…

Inhale
Two…
Exhale

It’s just a fox-girl, no big deal…

Inhale
Three…
Exhale

You can do this, you’re either seeing things from one of the forest mushrooms you ate, or there is really a fox-girl in-front of you.

Despite the effort he put into his breathing exercise; Ao’s eyes scanned the fox-girl from head-to-toe a few times before Az, a nickname Ao had decided to give the being inside of him, called Ao out. At least make eye contact with the creature before you respond, and know that she is not what she seems… Ao quickly responded to Az by asking him what he meant by ‘not what she seems’ but Az had apparently chosen to go silent on Ao because he received no response. Ao brought his gaze to the eyes of the fox-girl, whose actual existence Ao was still unsure of, before he spoke to her.

Ahem”, Ao began, “I-uh, I…” Ao began again, and again he stumbled over his own tongue. He shook his head slightly, breathed deeply one more time, and tried to speak a third time.
Ah yes, well I guess I just got lucky.” Ao said with a smile.. He then bowed in the direction of the fox girl and introduced himself. “My name is Yamada Ao, and I am traveling the world!” He exclaimed proudly and with a grin. Ao purposefully avoided the fox-girl’s final question and continued speaking with her.
I must say, it’s not every day that I run across a… Fox-person? I do hope I’m not being rude; it’s just that I do not know how to refer to you. Don’t worry though, I too, am an oddity of sorts.” Ao released the transformation jutsu that he used, almost always, in order to hide his arms. As the jutsu dissipated the fox-girl would notice that instead of flesh and blood, his arms appeared as though the skin had been peeled off to reveal the muscles and tendons that made up human arms and then had been covered in a shiny metallic substance. Ao brought his hands up to roughly eye level and showed them, front and back, to the stranger before continuing. “See, I am quite the oddity myself!” Ao’s face shifted from a smile, to an awkward grin as he used his right hand to scratch the back of his head.

Tomomi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Our little kitsune "girl" would listen to this man who introduced himself as Ao and giggle at him when he was tripping on his words in front of her. It was true that she was a beautiful red fox and Yume held her in high regards as one of her messenger animals, but this transformation was only dampening her true beauty. Then again, it didn't hurt that she could toy around with this man for a little while longer before she had to head home to Yume who would greet her graciously with a brushing and berries for her excellent services last night for her. After all, he was showing her his oddity which were his arms which were unique to say the least; but she was slightly insulted by his comment about being a fox-person and wanted to scratch his eyes out with her claws.

She would not however as that would be frowned upon by Yume and she would just keep her sly little grin on her face. There was a time and place for everything and trying to claw him for a comment didn't seem like a reasonable thing to do since he was still being quite respectful about it. In response to his comments, she would get closer to look at the arms and fake an awe when she was looking at them. In all honesty, she didn't care as she was just playing around to have some fun and to see if he would suit Yume as her suitor. So far, he hadn't proven himself in a good or bad light. But, she would continue to toy with him to see if she could get more out of her by placing a finger on his chest and seductively saying the following: "You have such an amazing oddity to you and I am sure you could use those that oddity in more ways than one, Ao. I am sure if has helped you many times in battle, but there is probably another technique that you use with them don't you?"

She would then take a few steps back and look at him with that mischievous look on her face as she continued: "I would love to see what you can do sometime and I am sure my master would as well. She is a picky individual however and still has not found a suitor that she could call her own sadly. I am sure eventually she is going to stop giving me my amazing rewards of berries and brushes for a job well done. It will be a pity when she does that..."

She would then hold her arms over her chest and wink at him again. This little vixen was having too much fun right now as she questioned him: "Would you say that I am a beautiful woman, Ao?" Hopefully, he knew a little bit about how to talk to women or he was going to have a difficult moving forward; Mei was being flirtatious which was something notorious of kitsune along with being mischievous little creatures. Hopefully, Ao could keep up!

Atsushi Nakamura

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Ao was finding that the more the fox-girl spoke, the more he felt that something was off. Ao figured that one of three things was happening to him. He was hallucinating, someone was playing a trick on him, or that the universe had seen fit to bring to life a hormone driven dream from his adolescence. Regardless of what the truth really was, there was little Ao could do at the moment but play along until more information made itself present.

The fox-girl toyed with Ao some more as she inquired about what “Other things” he could do with his metal arms, and while the initial shock & awe that Ao had felt initially had disappeared, he continued to feign cluelessness. Although there was something that she mentioned that piqued Ao’s interest. She had mentioned a master of hers, which meant that there was almost certainly more to their meeting than pure coincidence.

Why, thank you! People do not usually complement me on these guys, they usually just scream in terror!” Ao replied, ending his sentence with a big and goofy smile. “Now that you mention it, there is this one thing that my arms, more specifically my hands, can do. Let me show you!” Ao exclaimed excitedly, as he pointed his right index finger in the air as though he had just come up with a great idea, or a brand new recipe! “I have to admit though, that I haven’t done this in a while, so I may be a bit rusty!” He said as he grinned cheekily.

Ao then cupped his hands together in front of him, and began to focus his chakra into the palms of his hands. One of the perks his arms was that when it mixed with the particular bloodline he possessed he could actually turn the metal that made up his arms into a liquid. One that could, at Ao’s command, return to its original state after he molded it with a combination of his hands and magnetic ninjutsu; he could also make whatever creations he came up with explode on command, but that wasn’t in his plans this time.
A few moments later Ao’s work was complete, he removed his right hand from atop his left, and revealed a flower of intricate detail that server as a hairpin. Ao took a moment to examine his work before presenting it to the fox-girl as a gift.
3ecd061ab4b7331b079edf092291f6cb.jpg

I just realized that I haven’t gotten your name, how rude of me!” He said awkwardly. “So you have a master do you? Would that be whom you were going to see when we ran into each other?” He asked, before following up with, “she must be very nice; it must be fun having someone who will brush you and feed you berries!

The fox-girl then asked Ao if he thought she was beautiful, to which Ao answered thusly.

I find you quite beautiful, but beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Take the flower I made you for instance, I find it beautiful because of the work and material I put into its creation. Others may see it and think it tacky, with its sharp edges and unnatural materials, but all that matters is that someone will surely find it who thinks it is beautiful and take really good care of it.” Ao gave a gentle smile to the fox-girl before continuing. “I’m sure that I am not the only one who finds you beautiful, I’m sure your master agrees!

MFT: 500+

Tomomi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
As their conversation continued on, Mei began to think to herself that this guy was never going to please Lord Yume with his egoistical demeanor about his arms. She had to admit that they were certainly interesting to say the very least, but they weren't that impressive at all since they had to be heavy to haul around and surely people looked down on him for being a little bit of a freak. However, Lord Yume was becoming desperate for a suitor and nobody had satisfied her yet; the last few had died after going into the bedroom with her as Mei had to drag their lifeless corpses out of the room at the request of Yume. The cause of death was never determined by Mei at all, but there were always numerous bite and scratch marks on them so maybe Yume had gotten too aggressive or killed them because they were not the one.

Back to the here and now, this male had begun to do something with his hands as chakra was rushing to them and strange things were happening that Mei couldn't completely understand. But within moments, this Ao fellow would reveal that he had made a flower within his palms and then presented it to Mei. At that instance, the little fox-girl blushed at his gift gladly accepting it and thinking to herself: "Man, this guy is making it hard to keep up this game with him since he is being so generous and thoughtful! I am getting urges, but I must behave. Lord Yume would be disappointed if her prized fox came home in a hot mess." She would place the hairpin in her hair near her right ear.

The silly man then awkwardly mentioned that he had never gotten her name and then went on to ask if she had a master which was the person that she was going to see. But before she could respond, he continued with saying that it must be nice to have someone who fed you berries and brushed you. He then responded to her question about her beauty with a long-winded explanation about how beauty varied by every individual and that she was beautiful but her master probably also agreed. All of these feelings were getting the better of Mei who hadn't been used to using her Transformation jutsu too much. The girl was getting a little bit too carried away and she was allowing her hormones to speak slightly with her words. Her previous thought was still in her head, but she didn't care as she had an opportunity in front of her and she needed to act on it.

Blushing, she took her hands and placed them within Ao's own. She then tilted her head slightly and she responded to him. "Thank you for the kind gift, Ao. I love it and Lord Yume would also if she was here. But to answer your question, I was going to see Lord Yume and would you like to come along? Or, would you prefer to take Mei here and now? I have some time till I need to be back and I haven't been intimate with a man in sooooo long. I already wet myself..." She then left out a little yip.

She was truly being a vixen of many sorts currently. Would Ao let his impulses drive his decisions or would he be strong enough and help this little fox to her home?

Atsushi Nakamura

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Well…. I certainly did not see that coming’ Ao thought to himself.​

At the same time, somewhere deep within the recesses of Ao’s mind, Az let out what could only be interpreted as a chuckle of amusement. Despite the awkward situation the fox-girl had put Ao in, she was being very helpful. She had given her name, Mei, but she had also offered to take him to her master, Yume. Ao felt that all of this was happening for a reason. That whether Mei was aware of it or not, the tiny strings that moved the universe along had pulled both of them here at this very moment. Ao knew better than to squander an opportunity provided by fate, well that and he always felt inclined to do things that were unexpected. Ao allowed Mei’s hands in his own while he answered her question.

I would ilove to accompany you to see your master Yume, I have been on the road so long and would enjoy some company!” He exclaimed before he lifted his right hand up above Mei’s head and spun her around so that she faced away from him with both hands still held by Ao and her arms crisscrossing her torso. “I suppose you will have to lead the way Miss Mei, since I haven’t the slightest idea as to where your master lives.” Ao would then release her hands in order to allow her to start the journey to her master.
You seem to have quite a way with the ladies, boy.</COLOR><i></i>’ Az whispered in Ao’s mind.​
What does the so-called “Bringer of Chaos” know about the opposite sex? Is there a misses chaos god at home?’ Ao thought sarcastically. Az did not answer the question, but responded with his own.​
<COLOR color="#FF0000">I do not trust this… thing. How do you know that she isn’t leading you into a trap?<i></i>'​
I don’t. But I am the host to a being of immense power, or so you claim, so what do I have to worry about? Besides we both know that if I die of unnatural causes you won’t gain control of my body, so if I am in danger you essentially have no choice but to intervene.<i></i>’​
Az remained silent this time and Ao smirked.​

MFT-WC 379

Tomomi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
She was ready to be so intimate with this man and prove to herself and Lord Yume that this man was just like all the others which were pigs and truly unsuited to be Yume's suitor. She had this man in the palm of her hand and she just needed to keep this little game up enough till she got what she wanted and then had her true way with him and his corpse. Unfortunately, he was interested in seeing Lord Yume as he twirled her around to face away from her as she thought to herself while pouting: "Damn it! Damn it! Damn it! I was so close...damn it!" But, she did ask if he wanted to come along and he had at least been mature enough to want to follow through with it...for now.

She would give herself a moment facing away from him to calm down and readjust her clothing so she didn't look like some piece of trash when they got back to her home. After all, what would Yume say if her clothing looked like it was forcefully yanked and she looked like she was on cloud nine because of some man having fun with her. Surely, she would not be giving her brushes and berries anytime soon then. No, no, no. This is why she adjusted herself before looking back with a smile and saying innocently: "Let's go, Big Boy. Lord Yume will love to see a strong, mature, and kind gentleman like yourself."

If he agreed, they would be off towards the Hidden Cloud Village and Mei would walk beside him. She would then take a sharp right after only a few feet away in that direction grabbing Ao in the process so they didn't get separated at all. As they continued walking, she would begin to talk to him again: "Do you believe in the saying seeing is believing? I am sure that you could say that after seeing me since I have traits of a fox and a woman. But do you think everything that we see in life is truly the right image or do you think sometimes we are under an illusion?" These were some interesting questions to say the very least as Mei and Ao continued to walk. They were only roughly halfway there so it was best if they continued to walk and talk to kill time or it would be a very dull and boring walk back to home for the fox.

Around them, there were eyes watching them before little creatures would run ahead of them towards the same destination of them. Mei knew exactly was going on, but she had to see if Ao truly was the one for Lord Yume so she had to keep quiet and let these creatures do their thing. After all, Lord Yume was watching as well from their home possibly and if Mei hinted at anything, Yume would be little disappointed overlord and Mei would be punished...possibly.

Atsushi Nakamura

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Ao could not help but feel slightly amused with how Mei reacted to his previous statements and actions. She had clearly intended for him to follow his ‘instincts’ rather than his brain, which had been on edge since the arrival of Mei, or maybe it was Az who was subconsciously warning him of some sort of danger. Regardless Ao had denied Mei’s obvious advances, not because Ao was not attracted to women no matter how strange or exotic they were, but because he was fairly certain that half-fox, half-humans just did not exist.

After a few moments Mei agreed to lead Ao to this “Lord Yume”, although she appeared to do so somewhat begrudgingly. They made their way through the dense forest, roughly in the direction that Ao had initially been traveling, towards the Hidden Cloud Village. So far the walk had been quiet, which Ao found slightly out of character for Mei, Ao couldn’t help but wonder if it was because she was leading him to her master. Ao began to ponder what this “Lord Yume” was like, was she some sort of mad scientist? Could that why she had a fox/human hybrid working for her? Things were starting to get interesting, and Ao was curious to see what was going to happen next.

It was around that time that Mei broke the silence that the two of them had been in since they had started their journey. "Do you believe in the saying seeing is believing? I am sure that you could say that after seeing me since I have traits of a fox and a woman. But do you think everything that we see in life is truly the right image or do you think sometimes we are under an illusion?" The question was a peculiar one, but by now Ao knew better than to take things at face value with Mei.

I trained as ANBU of the Village Hidden in the Mist for many years Mei, so I know for certain that not everything that we see with our eyes is the truth. In some situations we are under a metaphorical illusion, and in some we could be under an actual spell or jutsu. Take my arms for example; I tend to use what is called a ‘Transformation Jutsu’ to make them appear as they are flesh in blood when I am around large groups of people. I disguise them as real arms because when some people see them they tend to perceive them in a negative way. Why do you ask Mei?
You know why she asked, boy.’​
Ao ignored Az, sure the thought had been with Ao for a while now that he could be under either a Genjutsu or Mei was under a Transformation Jutsu, but he knew that if he were to try and act on either one of those possibilities that he may never find out the truth behind their strange and serendipitous meeting. Az spoke up again.
Something strange is going on around us boy, we appear to be the center of attention.</COLOR><i></i>”​

Ao questioned Az’s thoughts, but got no response in return. Ao scanned his surroundings, but despite his intensive training as a Shinobi, the only thing he noticed was a furry creature scurrying ahead of the two travelers, before disappearing into the underbrush.
<COLOR color="#0000FF"> What am I getting myself into?’ Ao questioned himself.​
I’ve been asking you that since you started entertaining this creature! Foolish boy! ’ Exclaimed Az.​
Hey if you don’t like how I’m running things, then you can just leave! Oh wait, you can’t!’ Ao chuckled at his joke; Az did not.​

MFT: 600+

Tomomi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Their journey together would continue in awkward silence for quite some time. It seemed neither party had much to say before Mei decided to speak up once again and received an answer from the man that was informative and more descriptive of the life of a shinobi, something that she never got to experience because she was after all a fox and lived to serve only Lord Yume. His questioning towards her would make her crack a smile on her face as she would shrugged her petite shoulders and giggle before she addressed his question. "Oh, it is nothing, Ao. I was just curious about your thoughts on that age-old saying. Hehe" she would say as she continued to slightly lead him towards her master's lair allowing her tail to sway back and forth as they walked.

Within minutes, they would reach the entrance to a cave that was build into the side of a mountain and where her master was living right now. Shockingly, the cave was illuminating from various forms of lighting from torches at the entrance to more advanced forms further down into the cave. But, they were standing currently at the entrance of the cave and a devilish smirk appeared on her face as she looked back at Ao again and addressed him once more: "Lord Yume lies in this cave, Ao. You may turn back now if you are having second thoughts about your initial decision to follow me. If you choose to enter however, you will need to pass various tests that are set forth for any potential suitors for Lord Yume's honor. I will be your guide as much as I can, but I cannot interfere with your tests."

A bunch of tiny little cubs would run past them into the cave, stopping only to sniff Mei quickly to ensure it was her, before yipping along. They were so adorable and they made the little vixen in front of Ao begin to shake her tail uncontrollably in happiness as she closed her eyes. Why must these little babies ever grow up when they were little balls of yipping, "purring" happiness. Awe, fox cubs.

She would realize that she was being a little silly and blush when she opened her eyes to see the reaction on Ao's face. She would readjust her clothing especially near her assets before getting close to Ao and rubbing her finger on his chest once again with seduction dancing in her eyes and voice as she spoke. "Back to the question from earlier, I did ask you for a reason. But I will not be telling you why, you will need to figure out why I did. But, are we going in or not? I REALLY want to see what you can do, Cutie, either here and now or through your trials. Don't keep a lady waiting though since it's rude. So choose, Aoooooooooo!"

[OOC: Apologies for the wait, I was dealing with a difficult week at college! Should be good to go for the next month!]

Atsushi Nakamura

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Mei and Ao made their way to the rocky base of one of the many mountains that populated Lightning Country, at the base of which was a cave. While not unusual for such a mountainous region there was one thing in particular that stood out about this cave. It was quite clearly inhabited, given away by the torches at the entrance, and the light emanating from further within the cave. Mei spoke up to let Ao know that not only was this cave home to the mysterious Lord Yume, but that it also served as some sort of testing grounds for potential suitors. Mei would help him navigate the cave itself, but could offer no help in regards to whatever tests await him inside.

Great, more crazy plans to impress more crazy women. I’m starting to think all of the women from Lighting Country are insane.

Ao then watched as several fox cubs scampered out of the cave and began to sniff her with such energy that Ao thought she was going to get pulled closer to them through their collective sharp sniffs. Mei seemed to respond to the appearance of these pups in a way that reminded him more of another canine than a human being, which was unsurprising to him, but interesting nonetheless. Squatted down and presented his right hand to the pups to see if any of them would take an interest in him. Regardless of how they reacted he would soon stand up and direct his attention back to Mei.

After Mei greeted the group of pups that had charged her she stood back up, readjusted herself, and turned her attention back towards Ao. She referenced her earlier question, and once again attempted to seduce Ao. He looked at her and smiled, tilting his head slightly to the left before answering her.

I’m sure you could show me a good time Mei, but let’s focus on meeting your Master before we do anything else.” Ao turned to face the entrance of the cave and allowed a small amount of chakra to leak out of his body and create a feint purple aura around him. In actuality it wasn’t just his chakra, but a mixture of his as well as Az’s. It wasn’t much, if he let out any more he would be activating his demon cloak; which he did not want to do at this time, but it was enough to allow Az to get a feel for the area. Az remained silent though, Ao took the as a sign that Az had no intention of helping for the time being. He really was on his own.

Come on Mei, let’s get this over with.” Ao said to Mei before heading into the mouth of the cave.

MFT: 400+

Tomomi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
A purple aura would surround the possible suitor for Master Yume and he would deny Miss Mei's advances once again. As much as Mei wanted to have her way with him, she was still relieved that there were some decent men in this world even if they were not completely human and they did appear to talk to themselves quite often. Besides, the man was definitely focused on the task at hand of meeting Lord Yume, but he would still need to the pass the trials to get to her; many men and women had died trying to get to Yume before so hopefully he could break that streak and prove himself worthy to the fox overlord.

He would actually state that he wanted to get this over with which struck a nerve inside of Mei and she became slightly annoyed, but smiled nonetheless and proceeded to walk into the cave telling him to follow her. If he followed, he would begin the descending walk towards the overlord of all the foxes. During their walk, Mei would keep quiet as was protocol when she was testing someone for Yume while little fox cubs would continue to run by them as they pleased. All the little cubs would look at Mei oddly considering that she was under a transformation as they ran, rolled, yipped and what not by them.

Eventually, the duo would arrive at a fork in their travels and the fox would stop and turn around to Ao. This was the first trial that he would need to pass in this cave to get to Lord Yume and it seemed that he would need to choose a path. As Mei began to speak, a dim light would appear behind her through a huge crack in the wall: "You have two paths to choose from. The left path or the right path. Choose wisely and don't do something to bring attention to yourself, Ao." She would then move to the side and allow the shinobi to choose his path and wonder if he knew what he needed to do. One path could lead to Lord Yume and it was shortest path while the other path was longer and could be a possible dead-end. However, both paths could also lead to Yume or both be dead-ends and the end of his trial.

What would Ao do? He needed to think carefully because there was much to consider regarding these two paths. He could be trapped for all he knew or Mei could've been trying to direct him to something. But, this was his trial and he needed to figure out what he needed to do. After all, he had been tested since he first saw Mei and so far, he hadn't swayed her opinion on him too much. Sure, she was being seductive but that was typical of all kitsune-like individuals in mythology.

Atsushi Nakamura

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The life of a Shinobi is not an easy one, a fact that Ao would never forget thanks to his very first test in the academy. The life of a Shinobi is also one that consists of many tests. In order to even be considered for a position in the Ninja Academy in Ao’s former village, children had to pass a test. In order to graduate from the Ninja Academy and become a Genin, you had to pass a test. Shinobi had to pass tests all the way up to the highest rankings of the specialized branches. But those were not the only tests that Ao had to endure during his life. He also passed the ‘tests’ that resulted in a ‘part’ of Az being placed inside of him, and gave him the arms and powers he now possess. The last and most memorable test Ao had to pass was one that ended with the death of his former master, after he revealed that he had been the one to orchestrate the kidnapping and mutilation of Ao and his childhood friend after the Genin Exams, and earned Ao the title of “The Red Monk”. Ao hated tests.

Mei walked with Ao until they came to a fork in the tunnels ahead; one went left, the other right. Mei informed Ao that this would serve as the first part of the test, and that Ao had to choose a path. At first Ao intended to create two clones to send down the tunnels, and wait for them to report back with what they found, but then Ao noticed something odd behind Mei. A crack in the tunnel wall that appeared to have light emanating from what Ao assumed to be another side. Ao made a series of hand-sings and created two clones of himself from the mud. He instructed to two clones to take the two paths ahead, and to disperse once they came to either the end of the tunnel, or something else of interest. Ao would turn his attention to the crack in the tunnel wall, he walked towards Mei and put his right hand on her left shoulder, before politely asking her to step aside. He would then step closer to the crack to get a good look at it while his clones went to work.

While Ao was examining the crack, he reached into his robe and found a pocket that was hidden within the inside of the lining. He produced two pieces of jerky from the pocket and presented one to Mei before asking:

So Mei, what is Lord Yume like?

Tomomi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
To the surprise of Mei, he actually formed two clones out of mud that appeared like him and send them down either path. That was a wise decision to save him time and energy initially, but what would these two clones find? If things went sour, Ao could get into a lot of trouble and even hurt in the process. Two things that neither he nor Mei would exactly want to have happen to him at this point in time especially since he appeared to be the best one thus far to be the suitor to Lord Yume; but what did Mei know since she was just a fox playing fox games.

The one that decided to take the right path would go down a dimly-lit path with no signs of life as he continued to stroll. He would eventually reach the end of the path where there was absolutely nothing; it was a dead-end and he would poof as directed by Ao since he had reached the end of his journey even if it was literally only a few minutes down the path. It seemed a little pointless to waste chakra on two clones if the other one would also meet the same end result.

However, the other clone would have a more exciting path as it would walk down the left path and it seemed that everything was going to be smooth sailing as the path had foxes surrounding him doing little things here and there with each other, but they were still weary of him as he went. At one point, he would reach a part in the path that would make all the lighting go out and the clone would disperse in the darkness due to being attacked by something that it couldn't make out itself. As soon as the clone dispersed, the lightning would come back on. If the clone would've been able to see what attacked him, it would've seen numerous foxes either biting or smacking him with objects. After all if Mei could transform, then there wasn't anything holding back that the others could use weapons.

Back to where the kitsune and the human were at, Ao would put his arm on Mei's one shoulder making her blush slightly as he asked her to move. When he examined the crack, he would see a brightly lit area behind the crack and it appeared that there was something moving every now and then back there, but he couldn't completely make out what it was. The crack had appeared to grow in size with every passing minute, but the question that Ao would need to consider is if the crack was truly growing in size or if he was just imagining things.

As he was examining the crack, he would pull out a piece of jerky and offer one to Mei. She would smile and gather herself before responded innocently and nicely to the man: "I appreciate your offer, but I will pass on the offer. How am I suppose to know that you didn't taint the jerky to poison me or kill me, Ao? As for your question about Lord Yume, you will just have to wait and find out if you manage to get to her."

Atsushi Nakamura

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Ao would chuckle at Mei’s comment, for a second he thought about informing her that the hairpin she currently wore was made out of a material that Ao could cause to explode with a simple thought. He decided against it replying:

What purpose would poisoning the person who is helping guide me through this test serve? Besides I have been enjoying your company Mei, I hope that you feel the same.” Ao paused for a minute and tilted his head up slightly as if he was listening intently to something. “It appears my clones are dispersing; let’s see what they found out.

One by one Ao felt the chakra he had used to create two mud clones dissipate, and with their release came the information each one bore. The clone that had taken the path on the right had found nothing besides a dead end; the one that had taken the path on the left had been trapped and destroyed by an unseen force. The information served as a confirmation that the correct path led through the crack he was currently examining.

Ao would try several different methods of getting through the crack in the wall, if one worked then he would create another mud clone to make sure the area was safe before he himself went through the crack. The fate of his previous clones only solidified, in Ao’s mind, the need to be cautious in this cave.
1. Ao will try to squeeze through the crack, if possible
2. Ao will try and widen the crack using his strength, by pulling on the sides of the crack
3. Ao will try striking the area with an unarmed attack, adding extra force with his demon cloak if need be
4. Ao will use the “Explosive Touch” justsu, but limit the explosion size to a small one so he does not collapse the cave around Mei and himself. If things start to look bad Ao would use his Mastery over Earth Ninjutsu to reinforce the area.

If Ao was able to either widen the crack or squeeze through he would have his mud clone stick his head through into the lit area to see if it was safe. Assuming that there is little to no danger Ao would disperse the clone. If there appeared to be something dangerous on the other side, he would keep the clone around for a little bit longer.

MFT: 300+

Tomomi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
As the odd individual responded to her, our little fox would tilt her head to the side and close her eyes momentarily taking in his words. He wasn't exactly incorrect during his explanation, but thankfully the awkwardness between them would disappear quickly as it appeared that his clones had reached the end of the their paths; she knew exactly what they would have experienced as other members of their home had led the same, adventurous types here before and they had met an unfortunate fate because they were not intelligent enough to comprehend the task at hand. However, Ao had managed to use his strengths as a shinobi to cut down wasted time and get right down to business which was the crack right in front of him.

This crack was a true, physical one and not some trickery conjured up by Mei or anyone else in their home. It would not take long for Ao to realize that he needed to put some effort into opening up this path that had been right under his nose the entire time. The man would attempt to squeeze through initially but he would almost immediately realize that it was too narrow for a human body to get through; a fox would have had no problem doing so. But, he didn't let this bother him as he proceeded to try to pry open the crack open with his bare hands which also proved quite uneventful aside from a little bit of sweat that glistened off of him. However, his third time was surely a charm as he would punch the cracked area with his fist exhibiting a strange aura around his fist.

This punch would crack the wall enough to crumble down and expose what was right behind the crack which was a brightly lit circular room. The searcher would create a mud clone to enter the room and investigate it even though he could clearly see everything, but better to be safe than sorry. The clone would make its way into the room nearly to the center before it would be burned and collapse into nothingness before poofing. Once the smoke from the poofing disappeared, everyone could see who was now sitting in her throne-like structure all the way in the back...

Yuna

FoxOverlord-Yuna_zpse4618332.png

FoxContract_V2_zps406b1962.png

Sitting in this throne was a woman with large furry ears, with skin so fair that one could almost consider the blood under her skin as adding color to her cheeks, adding to that her rose colored lips and tall slender form. She was wearing a plain black an white kimono that covered her body aside from her exposed neck that may or may not have been due to expecting a possible suitor to her home. If Ao had great vision or would approach the woman, he would see fatigue on her face as she stared coldly at him. At this point, Mei would walk to the side of her master and Lord Yuna would pat her on her head causing her tail to swish back and forth again.

The maiden and overlord of the contracts would then leave her hand on top of Mei's head as she began to address the individual with a cold tone: "Ao, I have been waiting for you to come since Mei first brought you into our home. I hope you can prove yourself worthy unlike the previous mortals that came in here and wasted my time. Considering that you managed to find me quicker than the last five, I would say that you won't disappoint me, but I am still unimpressed thus far." She would then bring her hand back to her lap as she continued: "First trial for you, who am I? Am I really Lord Yume as Mei has said or is my name not actually Yume? Also, I would like an explanation to your response. The same format question applies to Mei here. Is she human or not and why?"

As her questions were asked, the entrance to her "home" would seal behind Ao and he was trapped in the room with them. He had best prove himself worthy of Lord Yuna's time or he would end up like the other potentially suitors had been prior to him: dead or her pets.

Atsushi Nakamura

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Ao stood before the entrance he had just created with his fists and summoned another mud clone to investigate the room as a precaution. The clone dissipated shortly after it entered the room, and as the dust, smoke, and dirt settled down the room itself became more visible. Ao and Mei had found themselves inside a large circular room, at the opposite end of which was what appeared to be a throne. Atop this throne sat a woman, similar in many ways to Mei, who looked as dangerous as she was beautiful.

Mei left Ao’s side to move to the stranger who sat at the throne, giving Ao the realization that this woman must have been Lord Yume. The master patted Mei on the head as Mei’s tail began to swish back and forth. Lord Yume’s hand stayed atop of Mei’s head as she addressed Ao.

Lord Yume explained that Ao still had a ways to go in regards to passing Yume’s “Test”, and that while he had gotten further than a few others that had come before him, that the most challenging part of the test had yet to come. The first trail, she explained, had to do with her name which Ao found odd but he would give it a shot nonetheless.

Names are funny things, simply because we so rarely get to choose them. I myself have several, most of which aren’t very nice for some reason or another. <i></i>” Ao cocked his head to the side as he pondered the question. “I would say your name isn’t technically Lord Yume, no someone who goes to this much trouble to vet the suitors she meets would not allow her subordinates to use her real name. My guess is that you chose ‘Lord Yume’ as a rough translation from your native tongue or you just chose something at random in order to better hide your true name.<i></i>”

This was turning into the most interesting meeting Ao had ever experienced. What kind of creatures were these, and what exactly did being Lord Yume’s, or whatever her real name was, suitor involve?

MFT- 300+

Tomomi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The overlord of the Foxes would listen to the potential suitor's explanation on her name and his reasoning for his response. After he finished, she would smile at the potential suitor merely because she was slightly impressed at what he had conjured up to defend his case. He was absolutely right that her name was not Yume, but the exact reason that he had given was not entirely right. It was true that it was a good idea for testing potential suitors, but she had never told Mei nor any of the other foxes in their "lair" to ever use another name for her. Still, she was impressed at this Ao fellow, but the real trials had yet to begin. It was time for the second question that he had either decided to ignore or his writer forgot to type about which was about Mei. It was time to re-ask.

She would gentle tap Mei on the shoulder prompting the fox to move from her location beside her master and take a position between Ao and Yuna. As Mei was taking her position, Lord Yuna would begin to speak once more asking her question as well: "Very good answer since my name is Yuna. But, you failed to answer my second question so I will ask you again! Do you believe that Mei is like me which is a human or not? Regardless of your answer, explain why you feel that way about her and take a good look at her before you answer."

After she spoke, she would lean back in her seat again and fold her arms waiting for a response. There was honestly a right and wrong answer, but Yuna was looking for more than just the right answer. She wanted to see how Ao thought and how he reacted to problems placed in front of him. She was hoping that he could prove himself worthy because there had been so many people before him that had come and proved that they were not worth her time or energy and paid the ultimate sacrifice. Ao had managed to actually find her however so he was already doing much better than the majority of the past suitors...what oh what would he do now though?

[OOC: Not much to do here, Friend. You are doing good though!]

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back