Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Private The Start of Something New: The Formative Formicidae [Req. Kiriyomi]

Chikamatsu Shin

12th Kazekage
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
The day had gone and evening was approaching it's close as the moon grew larger in the near night sky. The winds were chilly and the common caws and songs of the nighttime fauna were simply silent. Shusuke, or rather Reaper, was standing on a pole that housed powerlines. His dark cloak fluttering in the strong winds that took the evening, causing his form to wisp and whip. His cracked and broken mask laid resting in his hand as he waited. His gaze was unwavering. He had an assignment that he was glad to complete. He waited near one of his pupil's homes, keeping a sharp eye out for when the boy would begin to make his way home. It shouldn't be long now.

A crooked grin stretched under his face. While Keniwa and Akio seemed disturbed at the idea of unwarranted combat, Kiriyomi... Kiri seemed to enjoy the promise of power, or at least that is what he saw from the boy. From having the confidence he held when he demanded that Shusuke taught the boy more Genjutsu to his wide reconnaissance skills he held in the Genjutsu and Stealth Class, Kiriyomi had what was needed to partake in the Reaper's line of work.

He would simply wait.

He needed to speak with Kiriyomi, and soon.

Kiriyomi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
A
Heading home from a long but fruitful mission, Kiriyomi whistles to himself as he walks carelessly down the street. Looking up into the sky, he admires the moon as it appears in the sky above. He has always been more comfortable at night; the insects come out and sing their various songs, lulling him to sleep on nights when he is restless and having trouble finding peace. Unfortunately, despite his outward appearance, tonight is one of those nights. Glancing down at his gloved hand, the Aburame boy thinks back on that night a few days ago when Asuka helped relieve him of the cursed seal that he had been given. Obviously he knew that it was dangerous, and shouldn't have accepted it, but the depths of just how evil it was hadn't crossed his mind. He hadn't thought to ask questions, blindly seeking greater strength no matter the cost.

Stopping outside his house, Kiri glances over his shoulder. A chill runs down his spine, a feeling as though he is being watched making his skin crawl. Glancing up and down the street, he doesn't see anyone and shrugs to himself. Must be his imagination. Ever since he had stolen the scroll from the library, the boy had been glancing over his shoulder, constantly waiting for the other shoe to drop. While he had returned it back to where he'd found it, there still could be evidence that he had taken it in the first place. Some sort of alarm or security system that he was unaware of. Shaking off these thoughts, Kiri turns back towards the door to his home and prepares to enter.

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Ever since what had happened on that last mission, the night time became much less the time of freedom it usually felt like. When he looked up at the moon, it made him feel sick, his stomach churning with a mixture of guilt and unresolved questions; he'd still not recovered the missing chunk of memory he'd seemingly lost after going out to investigate that earthquake. Between the ominously vague nightmares about indistinct shapes down the hallways of his house, and the feeling that something was stirring inside his chest whenever he looked up at the moon, he endlessly pondered these implications. But on one such walk he embarked on to clear his head, he caught a familiar scent...
120-1208237_photo-by-tayla-perotta-anbu-black-ops-wolf.png

"Hey there," Keiyaku whispered, inching his way sideways after using his chakra to attach his feet to the pole, silently moving up towards the familiarly masked boy. The Inuzuka himself had gotten into a habit of wearing his own mask at night - it made him feel oddly more secure. Moru was not with Keiyaku, curiously.

"I thought I could smell flowers," Keiyaku whispered teasingly, crouching down, still sideways, on his knees. The Inuzuka seemed a lot different; his face was much more pale, his eyes very baggy and heavy, as though he had barely been sleeping and eating. In contrast to this, his face still carried its usual smile, albeit, slightly tense and forced. There was something else to him as well, some sort of.... melancholy emanating from him, like a subtle, but noxious vapour.

"Oh man, don't tell me you're hear to assassinate Kiri," he whispered with a little sigh, figuring this must be the Aburame's house from his scent.

Last edited:

Chikamatsu Shin

12th Kazekage
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
"Haven't received any orders, yet, but who kows maybe one of these days." The AiT without a concrete codename responded. Was it a Reaper day or a Flamethrower day? He wasn't entirely sure. He turned his head towards Keiyaku. "No chaperone tonigt? I am shocked." He jabbed at Keiyaku. "Maybe no one will recognize you tonight." A second jab in quick succession.

He let out a sigh. He could keep this up all night but decided that was enough, after all he was instructed by Corvus-sama to work on teammwork and trusting one another. "I am curious about the potential Kiriyomi has. You see, he has mastered this widespread reconnaissance jutsu using his Kikai, or rather his ants, that reminds me of what you and Moru can do but with my mental prowess. Its actually rather impressive. He used it in one of the classes I was teaching at the academy, and he managed to combine it with a few of his other skills to successfully sneak past a clone of mine without detection." He let that ring some. Keiyaku and Shusuke have worked together in the past using their reconnaissance skills, and while the two of them both demonstrated, while very different in techniques used, high levels of awareness it seemed that Kiriyomi was able to best a Clone of Shusuke's. While yes it was true that clones were not nearly as powerful as their creators it was still something of note.

"I think we should introduce ourselves to him and see how he responds. Perhaps he will be joining us and Dove on the next mission." As Shusuke mentioned the prospect of inviting Kiriyomi to join the ranks of ANBU he made a few handseals and grinned a wicked smile under his cracked mask. "Devil's Whisper Jutsu..." The highest ranked genjutsu targeted the Aburame boy. As Shusuke spoke the next sentence Kiriyomi would be able to hear it as if being over his shoulder in a voice he would not recognize. "...Kiriyomi... Don't trust just your eyes. Open your mind." And before he would realize what was going on he would activate the Chakra Sense Jutsu that Shusuke often utilized. His world would expand in a way that he may not have known possible and before he would know what was going on he would be able to detect the Chakra of Shusuke and Keiyaku.

bc24beb4129fac64038e6a04849462e08d6cad29_hq.gif

Where Shusuke was sitting Kiriyomi would detect two unique chakra signatures, one that belonged to Shusuke and the other that belonged to Tamashii, though having not experienced this before it was unlikely that Kiriyomi would recognize his Sensei turned friend. Shusuke would drop down from his purch allowing his billowing black cloak to wisp out like a shadowy creature as he slowly approached the Aburame child. "I see you noticed us."

Last edited:

Kiriyomi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
A
Kiriyomi hears a voice over his shoulder, almost whispering into his ear. Before he could respond, an odd phenomenon would happen to him. His senses would expand, and he could sense the chakra signatures of three figures behind him. Spinning around and having his Leaf Cutter ant crawl out from his sleeve, Kiri flicks her down into his hand and brandishes her before him. Sitting atop a light pole behind him, two figures sit and stare down at him, clothed in black cloaks. The boy stares up at them, trying to figure out why and how he's seeing three chakra signatures when there are only two people standing atop the pole. As he backs into the door, staring at them in surprise, one of the figures jumps down. The cloak billows around their figure as they approach Kiri, almost as if it were a living creature slowly stalking towards him. "I see you notices us."

Stunned into silence by the odd occurrences stacking one on top of the other, Kiri just stood there slack-jawed. Glancing back and forth between the two figures, he focuses on the one moving closer to him. It appears that this one was the leader of the two, and had the two signatures that were continuing to confuse the Aburame boy. "I don't know who you are or what you want, but leave my family out of this. I'll follow you wherever you want to go, but leave them alone. If it's a fight you're looking for, let's take it outside of the village so that we don't cause any destruction here in the streets. All that I ask of you is that allow me to leave a quick letter behind, in case something bad happens to me. Then I will do whatever you ask."

[MFT: 298]

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Keiyaku gave the faintest of sighs at Reaper's jab, mainly because he felt like this joke about Moru, or rather, Tanuki, had really run its course by now.

"Ah, that's a pretty high compliment comin' from you, Reaper; impressive, eh?" He felt a small swell of pride at those words; he wished he'd brought Tanuki along to hear it.

He listened to Shusuke explain about Kiri's over prowess and his interest and joining the branch; the Inuzuka found himself both slightly relieved that Reaper wasn't here to murder him, and also rather intrigued. He'd only met Kiri on two occasions and both times not really had any kind of lengthy conversation with him. All he know, was that he was from the Aburame Clan. Keiyaku cocked his head at Reaper, who'd began to use his jutsu to mess with Kiri a little, trying to act all enigmatic and grandiose as usual. He couldn't help but roll his eyes. He dropped down beside the Yamanaka.

The Inuzuka couldn't exactly say he hadn't expected the Aburame's rather frantic reaction; being whispered to in the night by a disembodied voice and then confronted by two masked figures. Looking at the boy, Keiyaku had to admit, he was curious about his capabilities with those Kikai of his, and the fact that they lived in his body, using it as a hive. The wolf-masked teenager approached, circling the boy like a hungry animal, his slit-pupilled eyes sizing up Kiri imperiously through the slits in his mask, taking in his scent.

"Oh, we won't hurt ya; we just want to play, hm? Not everyday you see a human beehive."

He raised his head, looking back over at Reaper and his broken mask.

"So, whaddya reckon, Reaper? You sure you don't wanna test him out a little? See if he can dance as good as us?"

Chikamatsu Shin

12th Kazekage
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Shusuke grinned behind his mask as he kept pace with Keiyaku. ”You really don’t know who we are, do you Aburame Kiriyomi?“ He let out a sigh as he continue to circle around the boy. ”It’s such a shame that there’s so many ignorant children in this village. Perhaps you’re right Jackal, perhaps we should see if our friend here can dance

Shusuke, currently going by the name of Reaper, paused for a moment. ”Lets make a deal, Aburame Kiriyomi. If you and your precious little Kohara can impress either Jackal or I, we won’t take the life of your family. Sound fair?“

’Keiyaku, I am just antagonizing him, no need to worry.‘ Shusuke sent the message telepathically to his fellow ANBU-in-Training operative.

Kiriyomi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
A
Red flashes across Kiriyomi's vision as this masked figure threatens his family in the house behind him. He recognizes the second, taller figure. They were in the Forest of Death when that "loony sage" lost control of her power and attacked several people. But what had he done to warrant their attention and threats? No matter what their reasoning, Kiri wasn't going to take this sitting down. "I don't know who you are, or what you want with me. But I refuse to let my family be threatened or put in harm's way. So, let us dance, as you put it. However, let's take this away from any innocent bystanders. Follow me, I know where we can do this safely."

Kiri stares at the two figures, making eye contact with the both of them, fire burning inside before he turns away and darts off towards the walls of the village. Waiting until the patrol was distracted, he darts across the walls and leads the two figures out into the trees until he comes across a familiar clearing. Staring across at a tree with new growth on the bark, Kiri remembers the fight that he had here with his brother, Keniwa. That day, he had given up on everything. Today, he had everything to lose. He wasn't going to go down easily; if these two wanted the lives of him and his family, they would have to work for it. Darting off a little further into the forest, Kiri turns and prepares himself for their arrival.

[Calling a Bmod]

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Keiyaku found himself suddenly jerking his head up at his colleague, his mask concealing the frown creasing his brow. Even with the telepathic assurance that it was all just morbid banter, the Inuzuka had to say he didn't massively agree with Shu's methods in this case. But to the Aburame's credit, he held his ground and didn't back down, bravely rebuking the two masked strangers. And then, he'd darted away. Instantly, the Inuzuka went into hunter-mode, dropping to all fours and pursuing the Aburame with a cat-like grace, making sure this wasn't a ploy to slip away from them. Coming to rest in the forest, Keiyaku grinned behind his mask; home-court advantage out here. Perfect! Now that Keiyaku reflected on Shusuke's decision to wage a false threat against the Aburame, he saw the logic; it'd show the guy's ability to stand up under pressure, and show whether is resolved wavered under high-stakes situations.

"So? We gonna dance?"

Sazuki Nao

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
You have found a battle mod!
Bmodnc.gif

Good morning/afternoon/evening towards you all! I'll be your battle moderator for this battle. If you happen to have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask them. You can contact me either through NC or through Discord. Yet please keep in mind with my work I can react at odd times and varied in time.

• Send, in a PM on NC, not discord, your actions, and all your battle information: Stats, class, abilities, jutsu, items, weapons, etc.
    • When sending this information, I would prefer to have hyperlinked stuff or regular links. This greatly decreases the time it takes for a moderator to mod as it cuts down on searching.
    • Do NOT just link your dojo, your profile or anything. I really want that information in my DM box.
  • Rolls are in Discord -> Bmod-rolling. This is an open channel for you all to see.
  • UBR rules do apply: meaning you have 48 hours to post and send actions.
Please be clear on your actions and conditionals, even when stating what you're maintaining.

You will need to specify who are your allies and who are your enemies in your opening actions.

This way I don't have to do any guesswork and you don't get upset if an item is modded the way you didn't wish.
I am human which means mistakes can happen; feel free to point these out!
Let's enjoy!

1689605562609.png

Last edited:

Chikamatsu Shin

12th Kazekage
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Shusuke would follow the two boys into the forest with a giddy chuckle under his mask. As he followed he would make a series of handseals, which would be unusual for the Yamanaka that can cast Genjutsu simply by thinking it into existence. "Those whom praise the winds are said to be rewarded in the end with a pint of it's power. The power of wind is said to be the deadliest there can be, clearing forests, slicing through sheer rock, and even splitting the densest metals. This technique is the ultimate power of Zephyr granted to only those truly said to be those blessed by the winds themselves. I hope you are ready Kiriyomi... AMBIANCE OF THE FORBIDDEN WESTERN WINDS!" As he spoke the winds in the surrounding woods would grow immensely as he slowly extended his hand into the air. As he finished speaking the breeze because sharp and unyielding currents that would rip at the forest surrounding the Aburame, causing large slices to appear in the trees and leaves to fill the air to obscure his vision even more.

Trying to stop the Aburame from running any further by using this powerful display of Wind Chakra, he would then whisper in a deceptive tone that would be heard directly behind Kiriyomi as he used the Deception Genjutsu, a simple way to step into stealth without being noticed. "What is it you fear?"

Kiriyomi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
A
As Kiriyomi spins around, facing the two figures coming towards him, he slowly releases his Kikai behind him. Preparing to make clones out of them, the boy faintly sees the cloaks approaching. Almost quicker than he could react, the wind would pick up and one of the two figures would send wind slashing towards him. Raising his hands, Kiri summons his Kikai to make a dome around him, protecting him from the brunt of the attack coming his way. Glancing down, he sees blood trickling from cuts across his body and grimaces. Making a few quick handseals while still inside the dome, he summons Hitomi. "Hello dear. It has been quite some time since I last came out to see you, what is the matter? Why is it so dark in here? Wait... You're bleeding! Kiriyomi, what is going on!?"

"Hitomi, I don't have much time to explain. We are facing off against two opponents. They have threatened my family, and I refuse to let such a threat go by without retaliation. I need your help so that we can fight them off, hopefully enough to scare them away, so we can get back to the village and get some backup. I have seen one of these two before, in the Forest of Death before I met you. He helped Aria then, so I don't know what's happened now to cause him to attack me. But we're not going to back down and let my family get hurt!" As the dome falls around the two, Kiriyomi steps up onto Hitomi's shell. Her beak glistens with light, illuminating the area around them. As he is exposed again, Kiri hears a voice directly behind him asking what it is that he fears. "What do I fear? What has that got to do with anything?!" Staring down the cloaked figures, Kiri makes a few quick handseals and uses a new jutsu that he had learned recently. A small spark of fire drops from his fingers, catching fire on the ground and burning a ring around the three of them in the forest. Following this up quickly with Gale Force directed at the figure that he saw in the Forest of Death, Kiri's features settle into an angry mask to cover the fear that he is experiencing inside.

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Blood.

He could smell it, now that the Aburame had shed it, and there was no hiding that from the Inuzuka. Reaper had made a solid opening move; now it was the Aburame boy's turn. Keiyaku bided his time, watching him surround himself with a protective shell of insects. It wasn't long before he emerged, but with a turtle now as his ally, a summoning contract no doubt. The moon, silvery bright, hung over the battlefield, not full yet, but almost there. Natural predatory instinct burned beneath his skin, begging for relief, hyping up his nerves with paroxysms of shivers. The moment a ring of fire burst around them, Keiyaku formed a set of hand signs and pounced. Flying through the air, claws raised, the Inuzuka's arms burst into flames, fiery claws piercing the Aburame's flesh, spilling his blood.

WHOOSH

Keiyaku had become distracted, or fallen into some kind of trance as soon as he had landed that hit, so much so, that he took the full brunt of the Aburame's Gale Force and was sent flying several feet through the air. Something had happened to the wolf-masked stranger though. Something had happened to the air. A thick, yet invisible something had permeated the night, a miasma of melancholy seeping out over the battlefield. Wind battered, but with blood still dripping from his claws, Keiyaku stared at it with eyes that seemed something less than human, a phantom taste of blood hitting the back of his throat. His mask had fallen from his face, exposing not only his identity but a startling change that had begun to take place. His fangs had grown much larger, as had his claws, his eyes taking on a sickly yellow hue. When he growled, it was much lower than usual, like that of a colossal, starving carnivore scenting prey. The seal had loosened. There was one rattling roar, accompanied by leaves, stones, and twigs around the Inuzuka levitating into the air like a field of gravity, lifting up the detritus of the forest floor around him. With little warning, he pounced, holding an arm out midair, and causing a small, rotating, black orb to form in one hand. It emitted a rushing sound like a tempest but clung to the surrounding air as though composed of gravitational force. Rasengan in hand, the demented Inuzuka attempted to pile drive it into the Aburame's body.

Chikamatsu Shin

12th Kazekage
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
A grin of pride came across Shusuke's face as Kiriyomi responded quickly by conjuring his Kikai Dome to block the blunt of his attack. The boy's attacks and jutsu usage had all been Ninjutsu up until this point. He was learning a variety of techniques and Shusuke was glad that he was diversifying. He watched as Keiyaku charged in and was instantly blasted back. Nice one Kiri-kun The Yamanaka thought to himself. It wasn't until the mask fell from Keiyaku's face that Shusuke could see that something was wrong. It was as though the light faded from his eyes and the pressure and the thirst of bloodlust filled the air. `Keiyaku, we are only testing him, calm down!` His thoughts would be transmitted to Keiyaku instantly.

Acting quick if Keiyaku didn't lower his aura Shusuke would change up his tactics. Surges of electrical energy would pulsate around Keiyaku's body as Shusuke performed the Lingering Spark jutsu that would cause his neuro-network to slow down considerably. "Jackal, if you do not stand down we are not afraid to put you down." He looked over his shoulder at Kiryomi. "Isn't that right, Kiri-kun?" Opening his arms sparks of light and shimmering dust would beging to form and cause one hundred floating spears to appear, all pointing in Keiyaku's direction.

Kiriyomi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
A
Kiriyomi stands there in shock as he knocks back the cloaked figure, whose mask falls off to reveal that it is Keiyaku?! Wait, this boy that was running around the village in weird clothes and dragging Aria out of the Forest of Death was none other than the boy that had shared lunch with him and was instigating Shusuke when they were having tea together with Asuka-san? But why? What did this mean? What had Kiri done to cause Keiyaku and his masked friend to threaten his family? No matter, he didn't have time to think about that. Something feral passed over Kei's expression as he rushed forward towards him with a small black Rasengan and plunged it down towards Kiri's chest. Tossing his kawarimi target over his attacker's shoulder, Kiri quickly performs the Body Switch jutsu.

Landing on his feet and spinning around, Kiri makes a few handseals and performs a jutsu that he had been hiding from his friends. Rising out of the ground, many dead insects came together to form humanoid shapes as his Corpse Soil jutsu causes them to reanimate as zombies. The plethora of dead animals and insects out here provides more than enough bodies to resurrect, and Kiri sends one rushing towards Keiyaku to try and hold him in place. Turning towards where he last saw the other cloaked figure, Kiri is surprised to see them step out of the shadows and sends sparks of lightning to surround Keiyaku. "Jackal, if you do not stand down we are not afraid to put you down. Isn't that right, Kiri-kun?"

Confused for only a moment, the figure's identity is quickly revealed when Shusuke creates his signature floating spears, all pointed down towards Keiyaku. "I don't know what the hell is going on, senpai, but I agree. If you don't stop attacking me with the intent to kill, Keiyaku, I'm afraid I won't hold back. As for threatening my family, I take it this is some twisted initiation into your weird club or something? Whatever. We can discuss the details after he's calmed down!" Kiri and Hitomi both take on a defensive stance, the latter glowering at the boy who dared to attack her summoner. She was ready to lay down her life to protect him, but in her eye was a hint of worry as well. She could tell that what was happening to Keiyaku was not natural. Something was wrong, and she just hoped that they would be able to solve this problem without too much violence.

[MFT: 421]

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
"Rrrrrrggggg....."

It was all Shusuke would hear in reply to his telepathic message; a low, drawn-out growl, much lower than the Inuzuka should have been capable of. As he looked between his two opponents, something condensed in the air. Chakra. Keiyaku was enrobed by it, a thin, semi-transparent, black cloak surrounding him, exuding a strange kind of aura which permeated the air. Shusuke might have recognised something similar to this when Dove, standing at the village gates, had been possessed by some kind of spirit. While that spirit's aura, however, exuded tranquility and serenity, this one broadcast only anxiety and anguish, melancholy and paranoia. It hung in the air like a thick, choking miasma.

Time to dance....

Both boys' attempts to talk Keiyaku down fell on deaf ears, the Inuzuka not even acknowledging their speech, more so just watching them for signs of movement. Shusuke moved first. About a hundred spears had risen into the air, pointing at Keiyaku, the Yamanaka trying to use this as leverage to get him to calm down. Meanwhile, Kiri busied himself with gathering together dead forest fauna into humanoid shapes. With a great snarl, the entity raised Keiyaku's arm, and pointed a claw at Shusuke. There was a ripple through the air, and it was not immediately obvious to tell if anything had happened, but then the sound of clanking metal made it clear. The spears were revolving, jerking and rotating, ever so slowly beginning to aim away from Keiyaku and directly at Shusuke instead, as though the gravitational force Shsuke's body produced had been increased by many orders of magnitude. Of course, it wouldn't be impossible to turn them back the right way, but there was no considerable force acting upon the spears. Kiri was the next threat. Shambling bodies composed of reanimated insects were charging ever closer, threatening to grapple the Inuzuka. Without even needing to form a hand sign, merely a flick of his wrist, each individual bug-zombie had its center of gravity changed. The one charging down Keiyaku was flung sideways into a tree as though the vertical surface was now the floor; another was flipped upside-down; another was flipped sideways in midair. Of course, they could still charge Keiyaku down, but they would have to learn to compensate for the strange shifts in their centers of gravity. The Inuzuka seemed just on the point of charging down Kiri when...

"W-Wha..."

Keiyaku was twitching slightly, as though a mild electric current was messing with his nerve impulses. He looked at Shusuke, eyes trained on him. Though the Inuzuka's eyes still glowed a sickly yellow, they seemed to soften, and at once it was obvious Keiyaku was looking back out of them. But something was wrong.

The Genjutsu had worked, seemingly bringing Keiyaku back to himself, as though shaking him from a trance, but deep beneath the surface, a different game was playing out. Two souls were wrestling for control of a body, and Keiyaku was exerting every particle of his willpower to take back control, both of them at something of a stalemate. But this Genjutsu, this electrical current, had jolted Keiyaku's concentration, handing the opportunistic parasite dwelling within the Inuzuka a brief window to gain the upper-hand.

"Please...." stammered Keiyaku, his voice panicky but hoarse, and slightly feeble, "pl-please hel-help me!!"

It must have been slightly disarming; the Inuzuka was usually brave and didn't lose his nerve for anything, but now his eyes conveyed nothing less than sheer terror. He looked at both Kiri and Shusuke in turn.

"I d-don't un-understand wh-what's happe-rrgghhh..."

Each time he tried to finish a sentence, it trailed off into a deep, rumbling growl, like some strange verbal tic that he couldn't suppress. It felt to Keiyaku as though something was forcing its way up his throat, threatening to burst out of his face. He was beginning to groan in discomfort, clutching his face, and the reason why was quickly obvious; something was moving underneath his skin, as though his bones were shifting for comfort. As he dropped to his knees, the groaning turned turned into a whimper, and for a time, the forest clearing was otherwise silent. And then...

It was as though Keiyaku had been suddenly lit on fire. The seal had loosened completely. His high-pitched shriek was one of pure, undiluted agony, and again, the reason for it was immediately obvious. The bones around his nose and mouth were pushing outwards, stretching his skin which was becoming slightly more coarse and leathery to compensate, his ears also stretching until they became sharp and pointy. At the same time, blood began to drip from his mouth; each one of his teeth, not merely his fangs, were becoming sharp, and engorging to an unnatural size, shredding through his gums until his mouth was filled with what were essentially short, jagged daggers. He was tilting his head this way and that as if trying to ease the pressure caused by his bones breaking and reshaping, pushing outwards to form a long, wolfish snout. At this point, his panicked shrieks had been extinguished, replaced by a rowdy, rumbling growl, drool seeping from his teeth.

This thing was only recognisable as Keiyaku by the slimmest margin. It was a mere glimpse of the thing inhabiting the Inuzuka's body; anyone with experience of Jinchūriki would recognise this as a partial transformation.

There were three solitary seconds of silence.

The creature tossed back Keiyaku's transformed head and let out an unearthly roar, like that of a tiger and a wolf's howl had joined together in some kind of unholy union.

Keiyaku.png

And then, it happened....

On the coattails of the roar, it was as if every particle of air had exploded like a bomb, rending it apart. With neither concentration nor hand sign to provide warning, a giant inundation of sheer, insurmountable gravitational force ripped out in all directions, sending everyone and everything flying through the air, with the transformed Inuzuka at its epicenter, still crouched on his knees. Even after recovering the participants of the battle would feel as though gravity had shifted, making it harder to walk Making up its mind in a second, it bounded after Shusuke, seemingly unaffected by the non-standard gravity, hoping to use the time created by its jutsu to tear into his throat, desperately swiping like a rabid animal.

After all, if Kiri was going to count himself among the ranks of the ANBU, teamwork was paramount.

[Sorry for the novel! I just found myself getting inspired, setting up Kiri and Shu's next big challenge]

Last edited:

Chikamatsu Shin

12th Kazekage
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Shusuke began to watch the Inuzuka boy seemingly control the shifts and tides of the gravity in the area, causing even his own weapons to shift and move ever so slightly, but it wasn't until the slight physical appearance change that began to occur did Shusuke realize what was going. Tapping the side of his headset he would attempt to connect with Corvus-Sensei. ~Reaper to Corvus-Sensei, Immediate backup required just outside of Maple Town in the nearby Forests. It appears a Jinchuuriki spirit has taken over Jackal and if I don't get backup soon, I will be forced to put him down as he is threatening a valuable candidate and local citizens.~ Letting go of the Headset he would look towards Kiri for just a brief moment.

`Let's fuck him up Kiri-kun.`

As the wolf hybrid that was once Keiyaku began to act, shifting throwing the sensation of gravity in different directions, Shusuke would jump into the air, shifting and throwing his weight around causing his weapons to begin to flutter and fly at Keiyaku. Ten weapons spears and lances would plummet downwards towards the werewolf in an attempt to cause the long sharps illusory metal to pierce through his body and pin him to the grown where he stood. Landing on the ground behind Keiyaku, causing him to flank the ne target, Shusuke would gin as the weapons launched at Keiyaku were coated in multiple different poisons including Twilight Venom to slow his perception down, Plexistim to cause his chakra expenditure to burn at his own flesh, and Serpent's Blood that would cause his body to move significantly slower. Each of these poisons also were enhanced with his clan's Nightshade Extract which caused anyone poisoned with it to become even more vulnerable to genjutsu attacks.

Taking a breath he tried to calm his nerves as he needed clean and precise chakra control for this series of genjutsu he was about to lay onto Keiyaku. Making a handseal a pulse of distorting energy would try and overwrite Keiyaku's mind. Betrayal a shift in perspective to cause him to only see Shusuke as a viable target, as the Yamanaka tried his best to protect his student... and his friend.

`I'll do my best to keep him distracted Kiri-kun, do your best to take him out. Reinforcements should be here soon.`

It was at this moment that Shusuke could feel the bloodlust that was in Keiyaku's eyes as the boy shifted and sent a surge of gravitational force outwards causing Shusuke to be sent back a considerable sum. Flipping onto his feet the young Yamanaka would take a staggered breath and focus his eyes on the demon cloaked form of Keiyaku. He was truly starting to believe that killing Keiyaku may be the best bet. Before he could get too lost into thought, Keiyaku began to run towards the Yamanaka. A grin stretched onto his face for a moment as he snapped his fingers and used his Invisibility technique that would make him simply vanish from sight, at least to Keiyaku. Jumping back and towards the side he would do his very best to maintain these genjutsu. It would be at this point that Keiyaku should beging to feel a burning sensation all over his body as Shusuke was an adept at making Elemental Illusions, specifically the ones connected to fire that would cause all sources of injuries to be amplified.

Last edited:

Kiriyomi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
A
Kiriyomi stares at Shusuke as he makes a call over his headset to someone named "Corvus", but puts that to the back of his mind for the moment. The threat in front of him is where he needs to focus his attention. Something is wrong with Keiyaku, and he has no doubt that Kei wouldn't hesitate to run rampant through the village if they did not stop him right now. `Let's fuck him up Kiri-kun.' Kiri nods to Shu, preparing himself for whatever this monster can throw at them. As the zombies rush forward, Kiri notices that the spears start rotating and turning back towards their summoner. "Senpai! Watch out the spears!" Running over towards Shu, he prepares to tackle the Yamanaka boy out of the way. Instead, the Aburame hears the sound of a tree cracking and turns to find that all of the zombies he had summoned were out of commission. Somehow, the creature had caused their gravity to shift and the zombies were stuck trying to gain their footing and rush back to attack. Kiri makes a quick decision and drops the summoning jutsu, allowing the dead creatures to fall back to the ground.

Turning his attention back towards Keiyaku, he quickly makes a few handseals and slams his hands into the ground. Behind Kei, the bones of the forest animals begin to rise and writhe, piling on top of each other to create a Behemoth. As he goes to stand back up, Kiri realizes that the beast is enhancing gravity all throughout the forest. Struggling to stand straight up, the boy glances over at his companion. Somehow, Shu was able to manage to get his spears turned back around towards Keiyaku, launching them towards their intended target. The Yamanaka lands behind the beast, directly in front of Kiriyomi's behemoth. Thinking quickly, Kiri orders it to distract Kei. It slams its arms down on either side of him, distracting Kei and drawing his attention towards itself, so that Kiri would be free to take other actions while it took any of Keiyaku's attacks for him.

Taking the chance while Kei is distracted with the amalgamation, Kiri runs over towards Shu and places a hand on his back, infusing him with Cursed Energy. "Senpai, this is going to hurt you a little bit. But it is also going to strengthen your weapon strikes, so please hang in there! Don't overdo it!" Performing Defiled Touch, he rushes back out of melee range and turns at the edge of the fire circling around the forest that they are fighting within. Running through his mind, he tries to think of some jutsu that he could use that would be helpful without harming Keiyaku too much. Swarming out from legs, two Kikai swarms rush towards Kei and bite his leg, attempting to drain his chakra. Meanwhile, he decides to throw caution to the wind and just attack. If needed, Hitomi was skilled in medical Ninjutsu and could bring Keiyaku back from the brink of death once they calmed him. Kiri performs the handseals for Spontaneous Combustion, attempting to set their foe on fire to slowly whittle away at his stamina while hopefully maintaining that damage.

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
The huge gravitational shock wave seemed to have put some distance between the two combatants and the werewolf, but the gap was quickly closing again. Shusuke was somehow already back in action, summoning several sharp implements which floated threateningly in the air. Keiyaku whipped his head around to find Shusuke behind him. He grinned at the Yamanaka in return, pointing at claw at him, forcing a non-standard polarity on him, his gravitational pull increasing in strength and altering the course of some, but not all of the spears and blades, such that they flew directly for Shusuke instead.

GGRRRRHHH!!!

Keiyaku snarled, his transformed face wincing in discomfort as a lance pierced his arm, pumping in that dreaded Serpent's Blood toxin, causing most of his joints to become stiff and hard to maneuver Though it was a considerable injury, there seemed to be a certain disconnect between Keiyaku's body and this possessing entity, as it seemed to shrug off the pain it was caused, though the damage was certainly slowing it down. Two massive arms slammed down on either side of him, the Behemoth holding his attention while its creator attempting to come up with another plan. Shusuke used the time to set another Genjutsu in place, and although it hit its mark, the demon was already targeting both shinobi indiscriminately. Snapping its enlarged jaws at Shusuke, a thick black mass of chakra seemed to enrobe him, toxic and corrupted; if either opponent got to close, they would feel the cloak weakening them, sapping away their energy. The Yamanaka vanished, but Keiyaku could still smell him, his nostrils flaring in such for the scent of flowers.

Meanwhile, the Kikai the Aburame had set on the beast would no doubt find themselves succumbing to the effects of its toxic chakra, though they had succeeded in whittling it down somewhat.

GRRRRHHHH!!!

Once again, the thing howled, this time in genuine pain as its skin burst into flames the Aburame's behest. As the beast cried out, rolling around on the ground to try and douse the flames, both shinobi would experience a peculiar sensation; both of them, as well as Kiri's Behemoth, being slowly lifted into the air, before being violently slammed into the ground. What's more, both would find themselves compressed, pinned to the ground by a heavy, unseen force, unless they exerted enough strength to overcome it. Still covered in flames and having its chakra nipped it by the Kikai insects, the rampaging Jinchūriki charged for Kiri, teeth and claws both flashing towards him with unnatural speed, but with rather jerky, ungainly movements as the Serpent's Blood interfered with his co-ordination, affording Kiri precious seconds to get free of the force of gravity. At this point, Keiyaku's body had taken a battering, but the parasite seizing control of his autonomy seemed to be powering itself off pure hatred.

[Sorry if it feels like I'm trying to hit too hard and show off - just figured making this feel like a boss will give Kiri a chance to show he's worthy to be an AiT <3 ]

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back