Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

The Tower...? [Anarchy!]

Kendori Shuu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Everyone else was leaving the scene after having told The medic what was best. To be fair she had been hoping that the younger medic was made of sterner stuff into fall apart so easily. She was generally a good judge of character, and she was confident that even if Yume were a bit erratic, that she would still be able to do her job. Out of the corner of her eyes she noticed that the strange woman was paying very close attention to everything that was said.

Shuu forced herself not to smile and instead let a mild look of annoyance paint her face. This was going exactly as planned. Thinking again on how she wanted to do things, she looked over at Yume.

"Fine,"<i></i> Shuu replied, looking resigned despite how she really felt, "go look for the Steward, however if you come across Uri have him come meet me at the hospital as soon as possible. I have very urgent need of his talents." <i></i> She was by no means a master of explosives, and knew that the wisest course of action was to speak to someone who was about what she had seen.

Meanwhile, the main reason she had allowed the girl to retreat was that she remembered something that she had acquired not too long ago and her travels. It had been an odd in counter to say the least, but luckily she had come out of it with something very very useful for a healer like her.

She bit her finger tip with enough force to draw blood and then use that to weave some hand seals. Slamming her palm on the ground a pattern of text shot out from her hands scrolling across the ground, followed by a giant puff of smoke that encompass the entire area for a brief moment. What emerged was a giant blue and white slug, it's ridiculous dimensions taking up much of the free area around her.

"Katsuyu-chan, I need your help. I need you to spread yourself out and attach yourself to his many wounded in the area as you can, as well as using your small flexible bodies to search for survivors in the rubble."<i></i> The giant gastropod bowed what can only be considered its head in a brief motion.

"Hai, Shuu-sama."<i></i> Instantly the large form of the slug separated into several smaller ones, what looked like hundreds of slugs going everywhere. Some went over to the already-located injured, while others disappeared into the rubble. One remained behind and climbed itself onto the medic's shoulder.

She would have preferred saving that trump card for later, but saving lives needed to take priority. At the very least she was pleased that she had the evil woman thinking exactly the way she wanted. To Katsuo she offered a flickering smile.

"I'm don't think that maintaining order is possible at this point, our current best solution while we try and gather information is keeping everyone as safe and healthy as possible. That's why I'm setting up the hospital as shelter for anyone who wishes to use it. We will heal anyone who comes in no matter the circumstances. If the hospital take sides right now, I have dozens of patients that won't survive because they're critically injured and cannot escape in the event of an attack. Many of them I can't even guarantee will survive the week anyway. What I need you to do most right now is help me get survivors out of the rubble, and then help me find Uri. I need his talents immediately."<i></i> meanwhile she moved to where the rubble was moving and tossed aside the rocks and her way, unveiling another survivor which she immediately brought over to receive medical attention.

With Katsuyu's help, she could do this almost entirely on her own if necessary, and at the rate that allies were fleeing the scene, she just might be. Through all of this, she paid no attention to the drunkard, because he was not deserving of her attention at this point.

Sagasu Yume

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The senior kunochi appeared in front of the distraught mednin, causing her to jump back with a cold look that eased into narrowed eyes; had she been a canine, her ears would be flat against her head. In the last month or so she had learned to love the violet locked woman but there was no manner of love that would ground Yume except for the sight of Sousuke. Stepping forward in defiance so that their noses were an inch apart, she hissed out her words so low that unless the person had super hearing, no one else would hear it except for one word.

Yes I am, no you don’t, and yes you can. I was here the last time this village was attacked and a building was blown up, you weren’t. It was the hospital and SPOILERS, everyone died.

She stepped back, holding her stare as Shuu took charge of the situation. Out of respect she stayed, waiting to be dismissed again but refusing to look cheerful, her lips pursed in a resting bitch face. True to his loyalty, CuRua sat next to Yume’s feet but didn’t necessarily agree with her actions; it was simply a matter of love for him as well. They watched as people busied themselves finding bodies, one miraculously being pulled out alive by a stranger. Her honed observation skills took note of Homura flirting with the distasteful harlot that mocked their suffering, making a sour note rest on her tongue and be spat out on the dirt. Her glance flicked over to Nari, noticing that Shinji paused for a moment to watch her leave before getting back to work. It was touching that he cared for someone other than himself and Yume for once but it did nothing to ease the affliction of Sousuke being missing. She was too far away to pick up on the conversation that prompted the Shiba heiress to leave but from what she could extrapolate from previous conversations with Nari, the man that had spoken with her was her brother; it was safe to assume she was going home or attending to a family matter. Her words to Koga were just loud enough to confirm that. It was only a matter of moments, stretched into an eternity before Shuu returned to talk to the stubborn brat, certainly to scold her behaviour again. When she, at full volume, told Yume to go find Sousuke and to send Uri should she find him, her face dropped the scowl and she nodded in agreement.

Yes ma’am. I will report to you directly when I find him.

Uri…. That would be a good place to start. He and the Steward were penpals and could be considered close. Perhaps he would have an idea of where to find him.

For a moment, her grief was placated as she realized that there was no obstruction to her quest. With a polite bow, she turned on her heel before the Steward Med Chief could change her mind and attempt to order her back to duty; an action that would be inadvisable and yield poor choices from Yume. Sprinting from the scene, she and CuRua took to the roof tops and alleyways, disappearing into the shadows and appearing on the other side as two fennecs out for an evening jaunt.

Coming up to her flank, Shinji sauntered over with his new companion, rather breathless from their endeavours, rubbing the side of his nose in an attempt to remove some dirt only to smear more on. He heaved a sigh and watched his sister race off in the name of love and ruffled his hair with a glance down at Ika before addressing Shuu.

She's right you know. Last time something like this happened, everyone died... and then came back to life. It was kinda fucked up.

[PC Topic Left; NPC staying in topic]

[MFT; WC:640]

Toraono Michino

Mayor of Flavortown
Staff member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
Uzu didn’t need to raise his head up to check out the window anymore. He knew that the street before him was crowded with people looking for their fellow Sunans. Quietly he listened intently while trying to devise on what he was going to do himself. His power was cut in half and he had no weapons leaving his options for attacking very slim. All he was left to at the moment was to try and find the man who sealed him, look for weapons, and attempt to find out as much as he could about the mysterious Cabal and what they were all about.

The shrieking criticism of the obviously mad woman snapped Uzu out of his chore list to wonder about her sanity. Quietly he moved under the window seal to the other side and peeked his head just barely over the lip of the edge and caught a quick sight of this woman before ducking back down, filing away the image of her face in his mind just in case.
Before long the crowd outside made their own arguments between each other and began to disperse with a single woman continuing to search for the living in the explosive rubble. He wasn’t needed here and he didn’t want a single person to recognize him and give away the pure power of incognito that he had at the moment. It became quite obvious he was going to need to use every last skill that was beaten into him just to survive the ordeal.

Quietly he scooted away from everyone’s earshot, as far as he would think they could hear, before standing back up and moving towards other districts in hopes that he could, first, find the mad scientist.

[Topic Left]

Sand Council

Sand Event NPC
Yen
ASP
Deaths
MXMb54l.jpg

Shinobi were such wondrous and overly-showy creatures. They did make for marvelous entertainment. As another one -a rugged handsome one at that- appeared from beneath the rubble he emerged from fire and flames, sweat glimmering from his brow. He was fast too. The way his muscles flexed made the mad woman run her tongue across her razor-sharp teeth. Powerful men were always quite tasty, but he, like the rest of the shinobi there, seemed just as clueless.

Their turmoil was quite delicious, however and it did well to sate the hungry of the tauntress from her perch.

More ninja tricks this time. A summoning. A slug summoning. Most exciting to watch. At least there was one who was willing to put forth much effort to save lives or at least recover bodies. Some families like to cry and whine about closure. At least there was satisfaction in knowing that not every family would get a body, the wreckage was so grand and dire. Sickly sweet laughter echoed through the enclosure once more, and she hopped down, her feet landing with a soft crunch of pulverized minerals. She looped her arm with the man who had been trying oh so hard to woo her. Guiding him away, she pressed her thin body close with his, dancing her fingers across his sake-soaked chest.

"Come, my lovely. We will have a grand time, but before the wine, we will have a little fun!"<i></i>

[Topic Left with Homura; I will PM you a link to the new Thread shortly]

Randamu Kyarakuta

Yen
ASP
Deaths
He wasn't dumb, he was throwing himself to the lions and he knew it. He could tell in her lust filled facial expressions that she probably wasn't all that interested in him. It wasn't too hard to tell, considering his attempts to flirt where laughable. He was no femme fatale, or whatever the male version of that is. He was just a gennin trying to be a sennin. It was too late for second thoughts though as the medics went to work and things became more business and less emotion.

She jumped down and wrapped her tiny arm around his arm and pressed up against him. He loved women, booze, and taking it easy. He had two of those things at this very moment, but it wouldn't be easy, and there would be no feeling other than discomfort deep inside. However, he pushed that down and put on his finest smirk. Removing his makeshift dust filter and taking a proper drink of sake as they left the scene.

"Come, my lovely. We will have a grand time, but before the wine, we will have a little fun!"

He knew this was going to be a day he wouldn't soon forget, nor would Sunagakure...

[Topic Left]

Mikaboshi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Seeing that the girl he'd taken responsibility for was being properly given care by the magical slugs that Shuu'd conjured, Katsuo looked to her and gave the former Medical Sennin a silently brisk nod of agreement as all of the other people present left the scene of the attack. Some had their orders; other seem to be just looking to meander off to have a good time. Katsuo couldn't say that he approved of their behavior but at this point he didn't have time to be judgmental. If he stood around lecturing or trying to make them stay when they clearly had no intention to then he would only be wasting what precious time survivors trapped under the rubble might have. The secretary that Katsuo had been with was fortunate that she'd been in the presence of someone strong enough to mostly protect her from the falling debris of the tower and the horrible explosions. Most had not been so lucky.

Katsuo was not a medic and knew no healing skills. But what he did possess was speed and strength in excess and the ability to keep his head during stressful times. This was not the first disaster area that he'd been party to recovery at-- demons did not tend to leave their surroundings in tact for long when they came to town --and so he had a relative idea of what he should be looking for in searching for survivors. With a soft flash, his eyes clicked and once more the crystal blue of his eyes replaced their normal color along with the mitsudomoe which had become nearly synonymous with the Masashi in the frontier towns. Even though he could access an even more advanced version of the doujutsu technique as he had earlier when he'd protected himself from the rocks with blue flames, the standard transformed state would do for now. It enhanced his vision and his ability to perceive events allowing his mind to not only take in small movements that the natural sight of others would not see but also granted him a limited capacity to see auras of chakra and energy. It lacked in the chakra-sight department when compared to Shuu's Byakugan but it would do for the time being. If there were any sources of chakra beneath the rocks, he would be able to see them.

Still wearing his coat, Katsuo became a blur of motion as he skipped from place to place where his eyes detected movement and with the great strength in his arms he lifted chunks of stone and rubble away from where they lay as he sought to uncover anyone who might be trapped beneath them. When he discovered someone, he cleared the rubble as best he could and then flitted away for a moment only to return with one of the healing slugs delicately being carried in his arms. Great as his skills in combat were, he was adept at hurting others-- not healing them. He could not tell the people that were safe to move and which ones he might hurt more by picking them up. So instead he brought the magical healing slugs to them.

[Katsuo is searching for survivors while activating his Sharingan.]

Sagasu Yume

Yen
ASP
Deaths
His fingers brushed over his head sending a cloud of motes up, showing his hair to be brown rather than the grey it had become from digging through the debris. A coughing fit would wrack his body, doubling him over and sending him back to the outskirts of the disaster with his canine friend on his heels. He had tried to alleviate the tension by chatting up Shuu but had felt like she hadn’t appreciated his humour and just got to work. They had given the crazed woman with the strange smell a wide berth and it seemed to pay off as she left with a slovenly fellow who was just as neurotic as she. Reaching a medical station, he sequestered a flat mask and a duck-billed one for Ika in hopes to lessen the aggravation on his lungs. He had coughed up a little blood but it was nothing that a remedial use of medical jutsu couldn’t heal; he wouldn’t be Kara’s son if he couldn’t do at least that.

Stone after stone was up heaved and piled in a cleared out space as the main branch came together to create a semblance of organization amidst the chaos; bodies likewise being sorted as they were brought to MiT for classification and then seen to by a Mednin if their heart was still beating. Through the mess, Shinji did his best to create a catalogue in his mind of who he had smelt and what scents were discernible as being possibly significant. He always had a good nose but since the introduction of a companion it was more prevalent and memories came easier when scent was involved. Anything of note, he would report back to Shuu as she took lead on the efforts.

[Sniffing out potential ViPs or obscure scents]

Sand Council

Sand Event NPC
Yen
ASP
Deaths
[Event Moderation: While Katuso and Shinji searched the rubble, they would stumble upon numerous survivors...and many more corpses.</I>
  • Moderately Wounded Male Shinobi; Uniform indicates he was a paperwork ninja
  • Severely Wounded Male Shinobi; One of the guards patrolling the halls
  • Severely Wounded Female Civilian
  • Severely Wounded Male Civilian
  • Severely Wounded Male Civilian; Smells of fire and iron
  • Severely Wounded Female Civilian; Smells of overly-powerful flowered scents
  • Moderately Wounded Female Shinobi; Wearing medical garments
<I>

Some of these people may have useful information!

Further discoveries sent to Katsuo via PM!
]

Toraono Kuro

Yen
ASP
Deaths
As if the very night had come alive Toraono Clan members of very large stature and stone skill arrived and began clearing the rubble from the area. It would seem as if they had received some kind of word to initiate a planned strategy to coordinate relief efforts and lifesaving measures. To those that looked closely enough they were able to see that these members of the Toraono Clan were from those descended from one of the beast kings.

-- The Kindred of Ox-King: Some of the Toraono Clan descend from the blood of one of the demon beast Kings the Oushi-ouja Ox King whom was actually defeated and absorbed by Hyakujuuonouu, the King of demon beasts and cousin of the celestial white tiger Byakko. Those whom show traits of descent from this line are known to be born larger than most babies. Many are born with special chakra seal crests upon their foreheads, chests, abdomens or backs. As they grow older they show off their inhuman strength and tend to be taller than many of those of the Toraono Clan, the tallest of these warriors actually tapered off at eight feet by the time of her twenty third birthday. The males of this lineage occasionally grow ox like horns, sometimes the women do as well but it is very rare. They are also able to master jutsu’s that allow them to turn into giants. They tended to be born with full heads of black, blue, or brown hair with large brown, blue, or rare jade green eyes. --

Most of the men and women that had arrived had oxen like horns and massive bodies as they moved about almost as silent as the darkness from which they had emerged and removed the debris just as easily. One of the men with them wore Takahashi Steel forged armor that all could see had recently been repaired as some of it was well oiled and other portions were patches of freshly reset steel where liquid steel had been poured into and over the gaps and then grinded down to fit. The patchwork armor made him seem even larger than he actually was. His eyes seemed to glow as he looked over the area spotting those still alive and finding the many bodies of those whom had passed on. With great care all of the bodies were placed in a large cart and wrapped with linen so as to retain as much of their bodily fluids as possible. Those whose bodies could not be salvaged were give a prayer and burial. Blood tears of rage streamed from Kyojin Kuro's eyes as he quickly added his massive strength and speed to the effort. He would soon drift away into the crowd of three dozen massive workers to look through different areas. It seemed that he was hell bent on saving even the dead.

Kendori Shuu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Shuu did not miss the Tomoe that activated as Katsuo's eyes turned red; the Sharingan were not an unfamiliar sight to the former Sennin.

"Katsuo-san, let me know if you catch anything out of the ordinary."<i></i>

As the bodies were recovered, Shuu would dispatch one of Katsuyu's microslugs to attach to the survivor, who then sent healing chakra coursing through their bodies to ensure immediate life-threatening wounds were tended to, and Shuu's own medical clone twittered about doing similar things in a more intense capacity. As the Toraono Clan members disseminated to help handle the bodies and the injured, Shuu glanced to the one that seemed to be the leader, completely unphased by his size, strength, and odd appearance--Shuu had been told if only briefly of the curse in the Toraono blood, and those from the Main Branch Sennin's people that wished to help were gladly welcomed. She glanced to him as he worked side-by-side with all the others, prying survivors and dead alike from the wreckage.

"Thank you, the help of the Toraono Clan is greatly appreciated."<i></i> he would probably not recognize her, though her efforts to save lives were obvious as she directed her medical clone and all the slugs transmitting massive total quantities of healing chakra to those in need. "If you get the chance to speak with Kuro-san, tell him I could use his counsel at the Hospital...I am Kendori Shuu, the one who's been holding the medical branch together the past month or so since arriving in Suna...with Sousuke-kun missing we need structured leadership and planning...they're too well organized for us not to be careful with our movements. I could use some of the Sennin's wisdom on how to proceed given that the ANBU Sennin has not been heard from in all of this; nor has the Steward."<i></i> As they pulled the victims free Shuu quietly evaluated how to handle this. The abnormal ones--the one that smelled of fire and iron, the one that smelled of flowers, the medic, and the one that was clearly a guard--she gathered to her and handled herself, carefully healing them with expedience and gentleness. She needed them to survive, because they might hold clues...any of them might, but these four were distinguished by their difference from the others. The medic if nothing else could be used to help bolster the medical branch's sorry numbers, where the other three had such unusual issues that they might hold unique information that could be important to this case.

To all four, as they gained rudimentary consciousness from her intense on-the-spot healing, she say to each in turn,

"Be careful and take it easy, you just underwent some intense trauma. I know this will be hard for you, especially having just regained consciousness, but it's important that we talk. I need to know...before this happened, did you notice anything unusual or strange; something out of the ordinary that might not have seemed connected at the time but might have something to do with our attackers. Do you remember anything?"<i></i> She would attend to and interview the other humans in time, but for the moment these four with the most likely candidates to have some kind of useful knowledge that might help them. "I normally wouldn't ask and try to strain you, but this is of vital importance...please think hard. Is there anything at all? that seemed off recently?"<i></i>

Toraono Kuro

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Kyojin Kuro took note of her appearance and skill with a nod and a small tick of a smile. It was wonderful to be aided by someone so beautiful and fierce. Once that moment passed he bowed deeply and spoke as if he was not an aspect of Kuro but simply a warrior guardian. "Greetings, under these most extreme circumstances Lady Shuu of the Kendori family. I assure you, your message will be passed instantly and all the master medics of the Toraono Clan not currently out on patrol with teams of fighters to help the villagers and refugees will be placed at your disposal. Lord Kuro is currently organizing teams to track the instigators and mark areas of high crime for his personal attention. A kagebunshin of Kuro will arrive shortly after I depart and also begin assisting you with healing the wounded and he will impart to you the knowledge of a special technique that will require the help of all whom volunteer and any captured criminals. The two dozen members of the clan already present here will follow your commands to the letter and die for you if need be. We of Suna thank you for your aid with these unusual events and attacks and will do our best to make sure you are protected, remembered, and above all respected for all you have done and all you have proven yourself to be. I will leave shortly to attend to another matter but the medics will be on their way immediately."<i></i>

Kyojin Kuro turned and walked into the vast rubble and before her very sight seemingly disappeared.

Mikaboshi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Kneeling next to a moderately wounded male shinobi, Katsuo set one of Katsuyu's microslugs upon his forehead and shook his own head in frustration. Even with his limited medical knowledge he knew that the man he knelt before was extremely hurt. Broken bones, internal bleeding... he had not been as lucky as the secretary that had been trapped under the rubble with the rebel Sunahoshi. He'd be lucky if he survived the ordeal, much less got himself back to his full capacity. Even though he knelt before a dangerously wounded man, Katsuo's insightful eyes caught one important detail that seemed... out of place. A piece of rubble lay near the injured man's legs and it shimmered with residual energy. Furrowing his brow, Katsuo stood and stepped over to the piece to inspect it further. It was quite cool even though it had the appearance of being very hot. Glassed over it's surface, the stone piece of rubble had been momentarily exposed to extremely heat-- that alone came as no surprise given that the entire tower had just been brought down --but the way that the chakra clung to the stone was very odd. The entire city was rich with energy in a certain fashion but for it to be imbued into the stone...

Reaching down, Katsuo pulled the chunk of rubble free and examined it further as he stood. What did it mean? He'd seen chakra-based explosions before. Even things such as explosive fire techniques did not leave residual signatures like this. Putting the stone under his arm and giving the man laying on the ground a second look to ensure that the slug was doing it's intended job, Katsuo's body blurred and reappeared near where Shuu had gathered the stand-out victims of the attack. He remembered Shuu's friend Uri from the lunch that he'd attended to with her and Sousuke; he'd been a specialist in Earth-based techniques. Katsuo was far from an expert in anything Ninjutsu related and though he found the nature of the rubble suspicious it was possible he was just chasing rabbits. Hearing that Shuu was asking one of the survivors a question about the events of the explosion, he quietly waited to hear what the victim might say before speaking his own piece.

Sagasu Yume

Yen
ASP
Deaths
It was a rough go but Shinji and Ika were enjoying the relative monotony of the task. Once the strange smelling woman had left, they were able to get down to business and sift through the rubble. The pace picked up double time upon the arrival of one of Lord Toraono's entities and a legion of helpers. Undeterred by the help, they duo pressed on, only pausing to sneeze in unison as the scent of a heavily perfumed woman tickled their nose causing them to leave to another section so that the scent wouldn't dampen their ability to find people. It was Ika who honed in on a severely wounded male and female not too far from each other. Their initial scan of the body yielded no immediate details however the lack of shinobi insignia lead Shinji to believe that they were civilians. They sniffed their clothes for any clues, trying not to inhale too deeply in case the dust breached their masks and sent them on a sneezing fit again.

Hello sir. I am Sagasu Shinji. There was an incident earlier and you need to be checked out by medical personnel. There was an explosion at the Kazekage tower. You didn't happen to see or hear anything, did you?

A medic would come and place the man on a litter once he had divulged any information he could remember. While he spoke, Shinji used a basic healing technique that his mother had taught him in an attempt to stabilize the poor fellow. He certainly didn't have the talent of his sister but he would have to try and make up for her disappearance. When he saw her at home tonight, they would be having a long talk about responsibility and allowing ones emotions to get in the way. Shifting to the female's side, he would ask the same question, taking her hand in his and imbuing her with mild healing chakra. The concussive blast that levelled the building had no doubt cause internal bleeding.

You're kunoichi grade material, ma'am. Stay with me now, medical aid is on their way but I need you to tell me anything you might have observed. What brought you to the tower today anyway? I tell you what. Once you're discharged from the hospital, let me take you and any immediate family you have out to dinner in celebration of your health.

The damage was rather extensive on both victims that he had spoken to but the woman seemed worse off, rapidly sinking into shock from her injuries. It was a desperate attempt to get her to look forward to a night out but it was the first thought that came to mind. He wasn't flirting with the woman, rather making plans so that she would have to get better; it was only polite for her to show up to her own party. His ego hoped that dinner with him would be incentive enough but pragmatism told him that the prospect of having dinner with her family might be a better motivation. During the extraction, Ika took the moment to look around at the chaos, analyzing the movements of people and trying to determine if anyone was out of place.

[Actions: Mystic Hand or Coagulation as needed on the two victims. Ika is looking / sniffing the air for any out of the ordinary actions (ie, people who are not helping, people who seemed fascinated by the destruction rather than horrified, anything unusual or of note)]

Sand Council

Sand Event NPC
Yen
ASP
Deaths
[Event Moderation:

Shuu

The man that smelt of metal and ashes forced herself up on one arm, physically wincing from the pain and she steadied herself before looking to the Hyuuga woman, "It's tha reason I'm 'ere in tha first place, lass! Me shop 's down in tha palais, I'm an armorer y'see. In tha wee early hours of the morn' a buncha strangas in cloaks were steppin' about like they owned tha place. They had dem no gerd Inoue wit'em. Dem thieve'n criminals that tax all tha businesses in the palais. Tha big fellas that the lesser boggarts dernot worry about."

The others remained quiet. The guardsman began to violently convulse as a stroke overtook him. Even with the aid of Shuu, rapid healing could cause as many complications as it did fix them. Severely wounded individuals were wildcards. More time that passed the more higher risk it was to the survivors, as few as they were.

Katsuo

Moderately Wounded Male Shinobi (Paperwork) is stabilized, but unconscious.

After handling the tower fragment long enough, Katsuo would notice that the residual chakra had stuck onto his hands making his fingers tingle with excess energy.

Shuu: Upon further inspection of the fragment, the Hyuuga sennin would see a wildly unstable form of chakra that would spread when coming into contact with other chakra rich sources; like Katsuo. More importantly, further inspection of the area around them would turn up a sparkling of the air, previously only thought to be dust, but in fact was a residual chakra clinging to the powdered remnants of the tower.
(I went ahead and did this so you didn't have to wait another round for the same information you'd get in a single glance.)

Shinji

Severely Wounded Male Civilian is unconcious
Severely Wounded Female Civilian appears to be responsive but succumbs to shock and falls unconcious

As Shinji sees he can't be of any further help, the man he had approached earlier waves a limp hand in the air to grab his attention, "When I was walking---coughing---to the tower, I saw---coughing---a man in a chuunin vest." The cough wracked his body further and the movement only drove his pain deeper. A weak hand rose up and pointed off in a direction. "He was over there. Something---coughing--- didn't seem quite right about him. Like he was waiting." The last series of coughs came with spurts of blood and red foam. The man was not in good condition. A paid of Toraono clansman came over, one carrying a slug to see to the man.

Shinji had a lead now.]

Kendori Shuu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
((OOC: Sorry for the long wait, RL's been insane, and then I've been violently ill lately, so I apologize for the poor quality here as well.))

She made a point to file the information away as the armorer spoke, processing information quickly. Inoue, whoever it was, was clearly someone in organized crime tho forced the businesses to pay 'protection' from what she could gather. It might garner looking into. Either way her questions were cut short when the man began stroking out. Shuu, practiced at dealing with strokes, began checking his eyes blood vessels while she pulled out her stethoscope and began to listen to his heart for abnormalities, and in the prominent carotid arteries of the neck. While a CT or MRI would be much more definitive, she'd learned how to use her Byakugan's penetrative sight to gimp along in that capacity. Examining his brain she noticed that there was no swelling nor abnormalities that she could detect in all her checks she performed on him. This was good, it guaranteed that complications were minimal. She didn't have any oxygen on-site to provide, so her next best bet was to rush him to the hospital as soon as possible and get him an emergency scan. As her eyes surveyed his entire system she found it. The clot was in his left side, make this an ischemic stroke with the cerebral embolism going up his neck. She could try to extract the clot, or try a clot buster/blood thinner. Luckily she'd brought some along with her blood pills to thin or clot blood as necessary. Her healing jutsu had sealed all the surface wounds so giving him a thinner wouldn't cause him to bleed out, which was a stroke of luck...no pun intended. She pulled a syringe out of her pack along with a small vial, filling it with the appropriate amount of tPA. As she injected him close to the site of the clot, muttering under her breath, she hoped it would act in time to dissolve the clot heading to his brain.

When Katsuo approached with the odd chakra she examined it with a frown, then looked around. This was making less and less sense. If the chakra remained residually, did that mean that it could have been charged into the building then released within a certain time-frame? If so that made catching the culprit much more complex. All of her experience was in direct threats, not in subversion like was occurring here. One thing was sure, she needed feedback from someone with more experience in explosives than her to help her with this, and only one man had that experience. Her first priority was stabilizing everyone and getting them to the hospital, though. She mentally chewed on the smith's mention of Inoue, whoever that was, while she motioned a team to get the stroke patient onto a gurney for transport to the hospital ASAP. Standing up she clapped her hands hard and loud.

"Alright everyone, lets move this conversation somewhere safer and with more ability to treat medical complications. I want all healthy combat-trained individuals to form a diamond around the injured survivors and keep them protected as we move with all possible haste to the hospital. Everything else will have to wait. Everyone should be stable enough to move for the moment, medical staff keep a constant monitor on everyone. Shinji-kun, Katsuo-kun, you're with me, we'll take the vanguard and clear out any threats."<i></i>

As they moved ahead of the pack, Shuu walking at a confident pace, she first examined with her superior eyes to ensure they were out of sight or earshot of anyone else, then weaved a short series of handseals, then slapped a wall. From the seals popped a little silver slug about six inches long. She looked to the slug and held out a second hand, smiling gently.

"Gin, if you please..."<i></i> The slug nodded--or a close approximation thereof--and a smaller two-inch long slug split off from the main body, and she turned to Katsuo, offering him the tiny body as she set the now slightly-less-than-six-inch one on her shoulder. "Katsuo-kun, with comms out, This copy of Gin will come in handy. She has medical knowledge and can guide you through field medicine should you need to help someone, and is very respectful, so she should be quite complaint, but her most important ability is that of telepathy with her other selves. You have but to tell her a message and she will communicate it to her other self with me, or anyone else I give one to. She can only have five at once and if you lose her it'll take her a long while to regenerate enough to do it again, so please be careful with her....she is a treasured friend, and she is quite useful."<i></i> With this, even over distance, Katsuo should be able to keep in contact with her. The slug looked up at Katsuo, and with a tiny, respectful voice intoned,

"Greetings, Katsuo-san. I will endeavor to be as useful to you as I can, as that is Shuu-dono's wish. As such, for the time being, I am in your care."<i></i> Shuu chuckled.

"She takes herself very seriously, though, so watch out for that."<i></i> At this point Shuu turned and continued to lead the way. Katsuo, for some reason, she trusted and felt he was pivotal. Shinji....well, he was a drunk, so she was not inclined to give him one of her very rare communication slugs. "Now...If you please, what did you two find?"<i></i>

[MFT]
WC: 906

Mikaboshi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
"Don't worry little one, you're safe with me." Katsuo told the little slug as he took it from Shuu and let the tiny creature crawl from his hand onto one of the metal shoulder-pads of his large coat-- specifically to prevent it from being in the line of fire of one of his vital areas if he were to come under attack.

Holding forward the piece of stone that he'd discovered that radiated chakra energy, he emphasized that Shuu should take a look at it even though he had no way of knowing that she could see the chakra even more clearly that he could with her own special eye technique.

"Chakra clings to the rubble of the tower like nothing I've ever seen." He explained, ignorant of her ability to see the energy for herself. "It's uncanny. I've seen what things like demonfire can do to metal and stone before and even that's nothing like this. It's certainly no form of explosive that I know of but then I'm not an expert in those kinds of weapons."

Walking along with Shuu, Katsuo held the rock for a moment before crushing it with his hand into a more manageable piece. As the dust and remains of the stone fell away, there was in Katsuo's palm a small rock about the size of an egg which shimmered with the strange chakra that it seemed to be imbued with.

"Have you ever seen something like that? Explosives that leave behind... I don't know... chakra stains in the things they explode?"

((Whelp that post is awful. I apologize for my tardiness-- I'll try and be quicker with these.))

Sagasu Yume

Yen
ASP
Deaths
As the Toraono clansman set the slug to the man's body, Shinji gripped his hand for reassurance. Someone in a chuunin vest acting strange? Well that could be anyone, especially with the influx of Kiri-nin. Trying not to goad the information in one direction or another he encouraged the man to stay awake as he asked a few more questions.

What did the man look like? Did you recognize him? What colour was his vest? You're doing great man. Shuu and her medics are some of the best around. My sister works at the hospital and she's amazing. You'll be better in no time. Do you remember where they were waiting?

It was difficult to try and get information from a distressed man without overwhelming him but Shinji tried his hardest. Yume was much better at comforting a person than he was. Maybe it was because she was smarter or maybe it was her 'cute' attitude but most people found her endearing and were comforted by her presence.

I hope you found him, Lotus. I hope you found the Steward. Your village needs you when you're done being a selfish tw-

HEY! That's your sister you're talking about. Watch your language. CuRua is with her and from what you tell me, she's a smart girl. She'll be fine but you need to focus on the facts. We need to find out everything we can about what happened here.

With a sigh Shinji returned to the task at hand, taking up one end of the litter that a mednin had brought over. Keeping a wary ear on the man should he divulge any secret that could assist the investigation, he was careful not to jostle his body and aggravate his injuries as they put him on a transport vehicle that had been running between the fallen tower and the hospital with the wounded. Rubbing a dirty hand over his face, smears of mud highlight the twin scars that marred his cheeks after the Magnetica attack. Yume could have healed them to the point of non-existence but the siblings agreed that it make him look more Inuzuka. A tattoo would have done the same but it would serve as a reminder of the fight when Ika came into his life.

He hesitated for a moment before spilling all acquired information to Shuu. It was peculiar to give reports to someone who did not wear the colours of your village, however the Steward placed great faith in the woman and so did his sister. She must be trust worthy to an extent, no? And if she wasn’t, at least she was helping to heal people. That was more than what could be said about this ‘Cabal’.

Information given and patient attended to, he would return to the battlefield to see who else he could find. It was becoming more apparent with each pass that they were no longer looking for survivors; It was only to collect the fallen.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back