Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

The Truest of Challenges [Exam]

Akuro Kunashi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
-- The Night Before --​

Around 11 o'clock at night, a gentle rapping of a bird's beak would be heard on the boy's window. Somehow messenger birds always knew exactly how to contact the desired person, and this was no exception. If ignored, the rapping would grow louder and louder as the bird slammed it's beak into the glass. It knew how to get the attention of anyone it desired, it was well trained. Once contact with the target, Shizu Kai, had been made, the bird would look down at the note tied to his leg. He would reach down with his beak and yank on the string, letting the paper fall loose on the window sill. Once the boy had picked up the paper, the bird would take off, flying away into the dark night. The letter read as follows:
Letter said:
Shizu Kai -

Your skills and achievements during your stent in the Kumogakure Academy have been closely watched, and your progress is one of promise. It is believed by others that your strength is sufficient enough to be allowed the opportunity to officially join the Kumogakurean Shinobi Forces. I guess I will see for myself tomorrow. You are to be in the Vespasian Colosseum at 11 o'clock in the morning, twelve hours from now. Do not keep me waiting. Prepare yourself for the truest of challenges. I will await your arrival.

Satoya Onagi

-- The Following Morning --​

Onagi stood in the center of the arena, his huge frame set upon a towering body. He stood with his eyes closed, feeling the vibrations in the earth around him, waiting for the faintest of footsteps to arrive. He was proctoring for an exam, after all. He took deep, purposeful breaths, preparing to give this student the truest of challenges, as he promised in his letter.
OoC said:
Enter the topic, and we will get this show on the road!

Shizu Kai

Yen
ASP
Deaths
- The Night Before -​

In the night around 11 o'clock, Kai was sat in his room reading a various book on Ninjutsu, brought from the study. He sat there contently reading to pass the remaining time of the night. The wind was calm, and he could hear a gentle rapping on his window. As the rapping got louder, he got up and went to the window to see what it could possibly be. It was a bird, but not just any bird - one of those messenger birds, with a message tied to its little leg. He opened the window and would take the piece of paper when it was given. Upon reading the message, he was filled with a sense of excitement, and the reason was just a night away.
- The Following Morning -​

Kai got up promptly and got ready for the day. He grabbed all of his gear just how he usually had it. It was finally his chance to become a shinobi and get started on his adventure of a lifetime. No matter what happened, he just hoped that he would manage to atleast learn something from it. Hey, he would continue to learn elements either way, but he would possibly need promotion to get into learning the more advanced techniques he wanted and have a higher income. That would be his motivation for getting through the ranks and quicker to his dream. Although, it would all depend on passing, and what the exam would be about. It would be a test of his skills to reach the next rank, and he hoped what he had was enough to be passing, even in the least if he must. Ready to go, he shook it off and headed out for the coliseum.

He arrived promptly at the arena as to not annoy the proctor, he wouldn't want that. The coliseum was massive, and one of the most marvellous places he's ever seen .He strode down the steps of the arena all the way down, glancing around and wondering what in the blue blazes kind of exam would take place here. Once closer, he could see the man standing in the arena's center, who he assumed was the proctor. He entered the arena and prepared for what could take place. "Shizu Kai, here for the exam."

Akuro Kunashi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Onagi felt the waves travel through the earth. A youth approached. The vibrations grew larger and larger, but he kept his eyes closed. The behemoth of a man stood with his head bowed, not moving a muscle. It was almost as if he were part of the colosseum itself. The vibrations stopped a few feet away from him. It seemed his student had arrived, though if his eyes were open he could have clearly seen the boy. He was right on time. Onagi was satisfied. He heard a boy's voice pipe in and introduce himself.
tumblr_mt4c0uajrA1r3172eo5_400.gif

Onagi tensed up and his head lifted suddenly. It was time for the truest of challenges, and he was excited. His voice bellowed, resonating throughout the entire colosseum. Pleasure to meet you, boy! I am Satoya Onagi, your proctor. You have but one simple task! Onagi let it sit in for a few moments. After a painfully awkward silence, the man bellowed once more. Hurt me by any means possible! Ahahaha! Onagi put himself in a readied position, raising his Fist of Cuffs!tm near his face. He would be taking the full force of whatever the boy had to offer. But it would not be as simple as that! It's not like Onagi would make it easy on the boy. Onagi was a very durable man, and to inflict pain on one such as him would take a great deal of skill indeed.
OoC said:
Your goal is that simple. Beat up the proctor.
You have 5 rounds to deal 1000 damage.
Good Luck.
Calling B-Mod

Akuro Kunashi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC:

Okay, so no B-mod has taken this yet. In order to move things along, I will mod it unofficially. I'll use your profile as a base for your jutsu and just send me your actions, and keep in mind your AP amount. Sorry for the wait, I didn't realize B-mods took so long.

Shizu Kai

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Kai stood getting a good look at the man in front of him. The time came for the exam to begin, and the proctor întroduced the goal of this challenge. There was no wonder now why this challenge was in the colosseum. Now Kai was excited he could finally see the full extent of his jutsu in a real battle. He would have to be strong though, this man didn't look like he took damage easily. He looked quite durable and bulky, but nevertheless there must be something Kai could do to damage him enough, or at all. He heard the proctor finish with a hardy laugh and ready himself for what Kai would dish out. "Sweet, challenge accepted!" Kai exclaimed, then he went in for his first round of attacks against the proctor. With few jutsu in his arsenal mastered to their full extent, he chose to start with one of the stronger ones. Some moisture would condense and surge in his palm ready to be fired. He shot it in a high pressure stream of water forward at the proctor with all the force he could muster. The excitement was real finally getting to use one of his ninjutsu, but he had a feeling it would take a lot more to damage this proctor. He quickly moved for his next attack and inhaled a breath of air, then used his chakra to condense the moisture within the air and exhale it in the form of a hazy mist that striked around him. Each jutsu had their effects and he hoped one would inflict to help him out a bit. He contemplated his next move while the mist from before had cleared itself out. The colloseum, more importantly the proctor, was quickly in view again.

[OoC: Actions sent. Here we go~]

Akuro Kunashi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
[progress]66[/progress]​

The youth shot a ball of water at the behemoth. It struck the man in the face. Ah, nothing quite as refreshin' as water straight from the source! Ahahahaha! It seemed to have little effect on the man, but it was actually rather well done. He brought his hand to his face and wiped away the excess water. It was like being hit with a water balloon. Kai then formed handseals, and blanketed them both in a thick mist. Unfortunately for Kai, Onagi had the ancient Kyourjouran blood coursing through his veins. The mist would just hinder his sight, but Onagi could feel vibrations through the earth, allowing him to track the youth's movements regardless of his misty blanket. As it cleared away, Onagi seemed rather unaffected. Is your goal to try to make me damp, or to hurt me? Silly ninjutsu users! Give me your best shot! Anywhere you want, I'm made of IRON! Onagi was a bit of an eccentric, though he did not lie, as he could definitely take a punch. He moved stances, dropping lower, and keeping his thighs perfectly parallel to the ground. He had entered Zaiken. Luckily for Kai, there was no intention of striking back. He was just here to take the hits.
OoC said:
Alright! Mod results:
Water Gun full hit! 333 damage! (370 - 10% DR)
Pressurized Mist missed! (0 dmg)
Onagi dropped into Zaiken! +2 to dodge rolls!
333/1000 damage dealt, keep at it Kai!

Shizu Kai

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The water gun managed to full hit even though it didn't seem like it have much effect on the man. As the mist from the second jutsu cleared away the man was still standing uneffected by it, even for its chance to cause bleeding. There must be something that makes him so sturdy. Onagi had mentioned something about being made of iron before dropping into the Zaiken stance. It's possible that he could be of the Kyoujouran bloodline, which means he'll have a steel tendency to not take as much damage from Kai's attacks. Anyways, while the man was in Zaiken it seemed as he was there to take the hits and not strike back. All of the pieces lead to mainly making it harder to hit and damage Onagi. This must be part of the exam, where he has to be skilled enough to damage him. The man definitely wasn't making it easy for Kai, and he kinda liked it that way. The water gun looked like it did a good bit and there were was still time for more chances. Kai equipped his family's staff, golden and adorned with rings colored like some of the base elements. He would charge at the proctor with it and attack him with the broad side of the weapon.

{Actions sent}

Akuro Kunashi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
[progress]66[/progress]​

Onagi watched as the boy pulled the staff from his back. He chortled heartily. What do you plan to do with that, little one? Perform a cutesy dance? Onagi was trying to poke a nerve, he wanted the boy to swing at him with full force. And it appeared he was going to do so. Onagi watched the boy wind the staff backwards, and swing with all his might forward, with the ornamental broad side flat. Onagi didn't move. He wanted to feel the impact, and measure the boys strength. He braced for impact, but none ever came. It appeared the boy did not judge his distances correctly, as the staff swung just shy of the hulk of a man. Tsk. Poor form, boy-o. Remember to keep your eyes on the target when fighting. Also open. With a swing like that, no wonder you stick to ninjutsu. The man jested. He laughed heartily at his own joke. Talk about poor form, am I right?
OoC said:
Mod Results:
Kai equipped Staff!
Kai used Bunt! Missed. (0 dmg)
Onagi makes jokes!
333/1000 damage.

Shizu Kai

Yen
ASP
Deaths
He struck a nerve there from making a joke of his family heirloom, and he would indeed use that to try to strike with full force. If not for his family, he used the force to get a better hit if it would. The attack consequently missed and was the subject of the man's next jokes. The man sure liked jokes, but he didn't let it get to him this time. He sticked to Ninjutsu for family and a sheer interest in the elements, and he would not let his staff and Taijutsu be mocked either. Back to the battle, he was done with what he had with this weapon. He would place the staff back where it was and equip the other one for the next round of attacks. It was a metal staff, again decorated and that ended in two thin, crescent-shaped blades. Kai apparently had a thing for decorated weapons, mainly staffs, and hoped it wouldn't be the subject of another joke. Even if it was his choice in weapons was his, and they made nice walking staffs as well. Now that he was closer, he would use an Arcing Slash at the proctor next. Whether it connected or not he would see, but he was hopeful it would this time. The arc should cover more ground and be more accurate at the cost of less damage. Over the course of the remaining rounds, the collective damage just may be enough, depending if this hits. He would sure give it a shot though.

[MFT, WC 256. Actions sent.]

Akuro Kunashi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
[progress]46[/progress]​

Tired of that one, eh? I don't blame you. It looked a bit big for you. Goading was Onagi's specialty. He wanted the kid to win, and if pissing him off helped him do so, Onagi wouldn't hold back. Kai put away his current staff in exchange for another one. This one looked sharper than the last. Maybe it was more of a blade than a staff? A polearm, perhaps. Regardless of it's classification, Onagi wanted to be hit by it. This one looks interesting, though you should probably try spraying me with water again, I'm getting thirsty. The boy gave the polearm-staff-thing a good, wide swing. Onagi recognized this attack. It's purpose was to ensure a hit. He let out a hearty laugh, and took the hit fully. The bladed weapon barely scratched the behemoth, which was seemingly impossible. Kyourjouran blood was something special. And once again, the goading began. Was that it? I've been scratched worse by sticking my hand in a bush. I want you to put some ass behind this next one, don't worry about little ol' me. I can take it! Ahahahah! There he went again, laughing at his own jokes. Onagi was an odd character for sure.
OoC said:
Mod Results:
Kai unequipped Staff!
Kai equipped Other Staff!
Onagi pokes fun!
Kai use Arcing Slash! Full hit! (230 dmg - 10% DR = 207 dmg)
Onagi pokes fun again!

Damage Progress, 540/1000

Shizu Kai

Yen
ASP
Deaths
It looked a little big for him? Splash me with water again?! This man's goading was going a bit too far, and Kai didn't know how much he could take. Maybe he wasn't trying to be mean though; maybe he was trying to get him fired up so he can win. The weapon was originally based on a staff, but I guess polearm could do. In fact, whatever you want to call it was okay with him. The good, wide awing seemingly barely scratched the man and more comments ensued. Scratch him? The man was like seemingly MADE of iron; how could he possibly damage him enough? The man requested him to put more effort into the next one, and my that was what Kai had planned on doing. He hadn't had time to fully master the next move he was about to do, but if it could get a good hit it might finally damage him enough to the point. There was only a couple of chances left. He placed his weapon back where it was like the previous time, but didn't grab another. This next one would be a ninjutsu attack, a water ninjutsu attack to be precise. After he cycled through the hand signs to activate the jutsu, he executed the jutsu on the proctor, "Water Whip!"

[Actions sent.]

Suzuki Setsu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The man of stone bared a fierce grin at Kai's watery punishment, the tight coils of liquid dihydrogen monoxide scoring a direct hit on the Onagi. "Good! That's the stuff!" Kai would just have to take the man's word that he was actually damaging the brick wall that stood before him. Despite weathering Kai's consecutive attacks, the man's skin was unblemished. In fact, it seemed to gleam as the light reflected off of the rivulets of water that ran down Onagi's extremely well-defined muscles. "I think you have the attacking part down, kid," he said while dropping his stance, "But the true test of a man lies in being able to trade blows! Hit me with your absolute strongest attack! And I'll return the favor!" The Kyoujouran drew his hand back and exhaled slowly. Kai would be able to see Onagi's hand begin to glow orange, with wisps of darker energy roiling along the edges of his clenched fist. "Let's finish this with a bang, eh? Ahahahaha!"
Water Whip connects for 648 (720 - 10% DR) damage, and you have successfully dealt a total of 1,188 damage in five rounds! You have passed the exam, and Onagi wishes to exchanges manly blows with you. You can decline or accept, either way you have passed the exam! Congrats!

Shizu Kai

Yen
ASP
Deaths
After the hit connected he jumped back and skidded to a stop. He was panting a bit from all the exertion of that final shot but felt great overall, seeing as he may have just passed. He caught his breathe for a second and after that looked up at the result. It may not appear it but Kai might just have finally have done enough damage. Who could really tell with this man's seemingly iron skin? He would take the man's word for it. He would finally be able to pass onto Genin, and he was about to celebrate a little when the man spoke up again. Before they finished here the man offered to trade blows with each other for one last time. How could have pass up the opportunity to trade blows with this man? It would be an honor. Onagi's attack glowed an orange color with a few wisps of a darker color. "Right, hit me with your best shot and I will too, proctor!" With this Kai accepted and as he prepared his own attack, it began to form another whip after reciting the seals needed. That flashy seal showed a water element symbol for a second instance, the first since the signature moves class. It was the same attack as the last round but it was at current possibly his strongest. "With a bang, we shall! Again with feeling, Water Whip!" He went at him with the attack as the man would supposedly also. He used the attack and watched going into the trading blows.

[Actions: Used Water Whip again.]
[MFT, WC 260. Topic Left]

Suzuki Setsu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
It was an earnest attack. And the rock solid proctor accepted it without moving. This one will go far, he thought, but he still has far to go, hahaha! His fist solidly connected with Kai's chest, the speed at which he moved being nearly too fast for the newly appointed genin to see, knocking the boy back several meters. Of course he didn't use full power, the boy wasn't prepared for his true might. "Boy I look forward to the day when I can trade true blows with you. 'Til then!" With that, Onagi made to leave the coliseum. What the boy couldn't see as the proctor left the training area, was the red welt left on the man's chest. Kai's attack had finally left a noticeable mark on the seemingly immutable stone man.

[Topic left - Sorry about the lack of closure for so long]

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back