Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

The Truth Under the Sand [Solo]

Enatsu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
In the wastelands of the northern desert, there was a small settlement that outstretched for a few miles. It was desolate, calm, and peaceful for the most part. However this to those native of these lands would seem to be the biggest problem. These lands were once wild and free. Full of game, passing strangers, and some very exotic desert plants. The sands became harsher and most of the animals either died out or migrated. The people who passed through the land offering work ventured to stronger forces such as Sunagakure or the Daimyo's armies. The plants could not survive the harsh sands and now some of those wonderful things won't even grow in these parts. For those who were natives to this land it was a shade, a hollow excuse of what once was.

Although this tale does not center around the land but rather the clan whom inhabited it and somewhat still does. The Ikoji Clan, a "branch" of Kaguyan kinsmen who sought to find their own way in the deserts. Kaguya were warriors who could manipulate their bone structure regenerate the bones they used instantaneously. They were fierce warriors with a gruesome cost, but their bodies could endure and would mend. Like any other warrior the Ikoji had to figure out ways how they could advance and transcend their abilities above and beyond the current standing. Eventually one Ikoji Clan member delved into that method.

Yuko the Grand Gazelle of the Ikoji Clan had "stumbled" upon the technique of the Hachimon. There were Eight Inner Gates, that worked much like valves that could control the very chakra pressure one had within their body. However she only recorded how to use 7 of the gates seeing as the 8th one was far too dangerous and could very well kill the person using it. Ikoji Koga, was one of the few people who had been able to utilize these techniques thanks to the scrolls provided by Yuko. Through her recorded tutelage he found a way to access the Inner Gates, but trying to pry open the Eighth one on his own proved to be fatal practically killing him, but thanks to his ancient lineage his body was mended and reborn as a Kaguya warrior.

Still the fact remained that the Gate of Death was still off limits to Koga, and he had to change that. The caverns he found these scrolls in were placed around the settlement of the Ikoji. Through some tactful research it didn't take long for Koga to realize where the 8th Gate could be hidden. While Yuko did not want people to use the technique there is no way in hell she'd never keep a record of the technique on hand. Especially since any technique that dangerous would be a last ditch effort type of technique. She'd have been a fool to toss it away when the Clan might have needed it most. Upon realizing his true blood lineage Koga had this thirst to complete his battle techniques. He could not simply cast aside these thoughts and the only piece left for him was to finish his set of Gates.

In the dead of night, Koga returned to his clan's land clear in his mind with his intent of action. This was not a social visit, it was one of a true quest. He'd make his way to the Elder's Chambers making small and quick talk with the few remaining guards of the clan. Ikoji Zanta, was a blind Kaguyan kinsmen who was somewhat of a relic. He was the historian of the Clan and had apparently been alive for more than 100 years. Zanta's body was more honed in regenerative and defensive abilities rather than bone manipulation to create weapons. There were rare Ikoji members who had such strong qualities it was said they could live for centuries if trained properly (although this was likely a stretch). Zanta was normally awake usually reading and studying the outside realm trying to understand the world for what it was and what it was becoming. Entering the chambers of this librarian he sat across from the elder kneeling a good distance away. The old coot who was also on his knees looked up from his scrolls giving Koga a warm smile.

"Ikoji Koga, Ringo's boy it's nice to see you. What brings you to these lands?"

A smile would spread across Koga's lip as he would immediately begin to respond back. "Hello Zanta I haven't seen you since I was a child. In fact most people don't "see" you. I'm here on business today, why else would I be disturbing your studying." Zanta would laugh casually as he began to close the scroll in front of him. The slender wrinkled fingers would begin to twirl eachother as if he was anticipating more to be said. The younger Ikoji would begin to speak again bringing more reasoning for his being here. However before speaking he would protrude a small bone from the tip of his finger. "Well as you can see I've gone through some changes. Before receiving these abilities I was met by the scroll of Ikoji Yuko, and learned a secret skill from her. The power of the Inner Chakra Gates. So far I can release seven of them perfectly but when I tried to unleash the 8th one I was met with disaster. Although by a stroke of luck, no fate from the spirits I was graced with the Kaguya gene awakening. So now I'm seeking that technique once more. I'm positive that I can handle it now, positive that my body is prepared. I need your help, I know the Eight Gate is here but where? I need this power in order to advance my position in Sunagakure please help me."

The request was lain out and there was nothing more for him say. Zanta would observe Koga and tap his chin. There was a long silence and it for a while Koga thought he would be turned away. However the elder stood from his kneeling position and walked towards a wall. With a swift movement of strikes imbued with Chakra a wall began to move backwards opening up a pathway that lead to an elevator with only one way to go. He motioned for Koga to follow him, and the pair went to the elevator descending into an everlasting darkness.

[MFT]

Enatsu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Zanta was silent, he normally was but this type of silence was awkward. He didn't question Koga, he didn't even seem to hesitant to bring him into this hidden elevator. It was odd normally you would expect such secrets would be kept at bay yet here they were descending into the depths of the earth. After an eternity of silence they reached the bottom and Zanta walked forward stepping into the dark tome, and clasped his hands together. Fire began to gather and in a burst of force would push down the hall lighting unlit torches that were lined along the walls. Koga eyed the halls as the elder's wrinkled fingers motioned for him to follow.

As the combed the passages there was still utter silence, and it didn't end until they came upon a tomb embroiled in stone runes, and carvings. Zanta finally broke the silence but his voice had "worry" in it if one could call it that. "I have been alive for a very long time, and still feel as though I could survive another few decades. I have seen many things in my time but some things we Ikoji have delved in are better left laid to rest. These passages are hidden to the clan unless you're in the elder council or of high standing. I suppose since you're the child of Saizan he is the one that blessed you with the information of the 8 Gates. However Yuko would never leave the 8th one in the public. She had many recordings about the gates. Extensive medical information and some of the gruesome side effects we Ikoji were lucky enough not to endure. There are many methods to fixing these problems but none more relevant than what has happened in this tomb. I sense you will not leave and would continue to pursue no force me to tell you about the 8th one. Your relationship with the current leader would only bode well to bring me to succumbing to showing you this place. I've decided that if you someone who bore no shine of the Kaguya gene awakening but it was through the gates.. Well call this fate." He would walk to the center of the room and motion for Koga to stay still. The Ikoki Elder sat on his bum, crossing his legs as if he was meditating. A blue and black aura would surround him circling the old man violently. This was his chakra and it was tainted, the runes in the tomb began to react. These same runes began to appear on Zanta's body contorting their shapes until they spread over him like a tapestry.

The runes in the tomb began to project astral images twisting together to create a key in the shape of a bone. It was a key entirely made of chakra, from what seemed to be curse marks. Zanta would leave the trance panting and breathing heavily as the key floated to him. An extremely large coffin that looked more like a cube would rise from the ground ten feet behind him. There was a large hole in the center obviously a keyhole. "That is all I can do for you....take this key and enter but beware for what you find may not be what you seek...." He'd eye the old man for a moment confused but accepting what he'd done so far. The chakra key was solid but it felt chilled him to the bone. The item fit into the coffin's hole perfectly and as he twisted it, murmurs began to form in his mind.

Show me your essence, where is your Ikoji Pride? ......

Death? I do not fear it do you youngling? .....

Show me what you have to offer ........

Koga would turn back to Zanta who seemed to be passed out on the ground, and turned back to the cube-like coffin. The more the key twisted the more Koga's bones ached, and soon they began to extend on their own shooting from his body snapping at the cube. The murmurs became laughs giggling at him as if the scene was a joke.

Is that all your generation can muster? .......

Show me the power you seek to complete....

This murmur was making him angry almost as upset as his bones had become. Koga began to release the gates one after another exhibiting more force and power. He could feel his chakra leaving his body quickly but it mattered not for he simply wanted to bring an end to this and meet what was behind the whispers in his mind. Soon a click would emit through the tomb and the cube would begin to glow the same tainted blue Zanta had around him.

The black cube started to break apart next releasing one portion at a time until it finally crumbled. Smoke left from it obscuring his view but when it finally settled all that was there was a skeleton, draped in armor on top of a table. Koga approached the armored skeleton wondering just what this was. As he approached the bones began to rattle and an armored gauntlet shot up grasping his arm. The grip was tight and as soon as it touched him he could feel his energy slip from him.

"Who are you boy and what do you wish to find here in this hell?" Koga cleared his throat and tried to control his breathing. "I am Koga...and I'm here.. for the Gate of Death." The skeleton arm would release it's grip and then the "creature" would rise from the table hovering in the air over him. "Yet another fool who seeks to control something they are not meant to. Zanta I see has been busy in his old age. Preserving me for something so trivial...I am Ikoji Oto. An ancestor of yours, one who attained the 8th Gate from Yuko and one who met it's ill fate of use. While I did not "die" I cannot say I truly survived. This is what you seek the power you wish to wear. I cannot leave this tomb, it is the only thing preserving me. I stay here watching over my clan, praying for the best, and to deter any attackers who wish to raid this place. You see this is the final resting place for our kinsmen but it seems as though the clan has become desolate and broken. You are yet another person who wishes to bring chaos to our clan, another fool who wis-"

"Quiet...I've had enough of elders telling me what I wish to do with my motives. I seek power yes, I seek to advance my skills as a warrior yes but I do not seek to bring chaos to the Clan. Zanta brought me here, knowing I would not rest until I found a way to ascend. Call it what you want but that's why I'm here to advance. That is why the clan moved to advance. You ancestral fools need to stop worrying so much about change and embrace it." Oto, the skeletal remnant of the Ikoji would land on the ground towering over Koga but uttering no words. After a moment of silence laughter would bellow from his bones before speaking to Koga once more.

At least he did not bring me a wimp like before. You have true spine child, however what you seek no longer exists. I am the remaining remnant of the 8th Gate and my body was destroyed as a side result. For someone reason most if not all Ikoji sentence themselves to pain and death when using that technique. While we may have nearly indestructible bones the 8th Gate continuously disintegrates those bones. Since you weren't Kaguya blessed by birth you probably don't even realize what I can see upon reaction. Your bones are not strong as ours, to put it simply they are weak. You might have not realized it but you did touch the 8th Gate however it backfired on you and while you may have survived it I can tell that your bones are dying. Especially since it was not something that you were graced with naturally they are eventually going to cease function. You'll become a hollow shade of your former self unable to utilize your talent as a warrior. The only thing keeping me alive is Zanta's sorcery and the use of the curse marks. I am but a withered thing, with no further purpose in life. You will likely die an incomplete death feeling as though you were cut short from the world. It is already too late for the 8th Gate child, you've already crashed it and now you are paying the price. While you may not feel it, every time you open those gates your body is going berserk fighting without wincing at the pain or the breaks. The Kaguya's bones and tissue automatically try to mend themselves and yours will do the same until you burn out. Do you get what I'm saying? Koga angrily nodded understanding that his entire existence was all for naught. Everything he had done up until now summed up to nothing. He would punch the ground angry that he did not see this outcome coming. It was not death he feared, but death with no purpose infuriated him.

"However, there may be a way you can retain your bones and make them stronger. However if you accept this bargain I cannot guarantee you will not wish for death by the Gates. Make your decision wisely, if you wait I will re-enter my slumber and it will be months before Zanta can wake me up. By then things may already be too late."

Enatsu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
There wasn't much effort he had to put into this. He trusted his clan, loyalty was a prime rule within their ranks and even though there was suspicion enveloped in the entire scene he never bothered to worry for this was the Ikoji helping another. Zanta was still passed out and the way the skeletal lich spoke, when the librarian awoke this would be over. After a moment's worth of thought Koga nodded to Oto.

"I can believe the story you have woven. I did almost die, I was in control of the light and the Eighth Gate tried to kill me. Where I'm at now well too much has been changing but not enough of it has been solid. I need a permanent fix to my predicament, I need full evolution, full control of my abilities, if you can provide that then I accept your bargain as long as it means I do not have to betray my clan. I trust as an Ikoji you have that much loyalty and honor to respect my conditions."

Oto would nod before speaking. "Of course our deal is personal on all levels. I can give you power, permanent control over your bones. So much control that it will seem as though they are living themselves. You'll transcend all other Ikoji, in fact all Kaguya. Your manipulation will go far beyond normal and you'll become a seed of ethereal forces. I sense that you've got good spiritual power about you which makes this all that much easier. I will offer you pieces of my own bones and that of our Ikoji Ancestors, such as our first grand leader, Saizan. This is the resting place of the Ikoji's souls and bodies. You will take on their essence and portions of their structure to strengthen your own. However you will only receive the ones who've attained the power of the Kaguya. Your sense of battle, your bloodlust will be far higher than what it is now. You will be driven to do battle at times you might not perceive and rage may come more easily. It will be a constant battle for control of your emotions but control of your power is what you will forever have. In exchange for this you must obey my command when I call upon you. I wish to replenish my body and leave this tomb. I made the mistake of using the Gates one that I wish I could take back. You will fulfill this and bring me what I need in order to reverse this curse and give me new life. When all is said and done I will be free of these shackles and Zanta will be free of me. His life is as much cursed as my own and our existence are bounded. If you accept these terms open your torso from within and reveal to me your insides."

Koga took a deep breath and removed his jacket. He would lean back and focus manipulating the bones within his chest and abdomen to connect in the middle. A bone spiral would force it's way through his sternum and begin to unravel hooking into his skin. Slowly and painfully it would tear apart his chest as he forced any regrowing bones to follow suit and continue the opening of his torso. Oto's skeletal hand would begin to glow that tainted blue and he would thrust it inside of Koga causing an intense sensation to run through his body. The blue chakra was almost like fire burning his bones and his very insides. Black runes began to form themselves on his heart turning the organ black itself. His eye began to burn as the fake one began to shatter. His brain itself was lit with blue flame, and soon the pain began to bring him into a state of unconsciousness. Spirits circled Oto and bones began to rise from the ground like floating weapons. He was pulling power from everything in this tomb and the very earth around them began to shake violently. The pain was unbearable and Koga could not hold any longer as he slipped into a slumber.

After things went dark they got cold, and awoke him chilling the portions that had burned. He couldn't calculate how much time had passed but everything in his body felt different, and he was covered in a skin like substance. His bones were on the outside of his body forming an armor around him themselves. Oto hovered over him once more, looking different as if he had gained some portion of his humanity back.
lich_by_mattdonnici-d4wbid5.jpg

Koga's vision went dark once more, and he faded into a world of slumber. When he awoke Zanta stood over him observing with a discerning eye. His mouth was dry and no words could be spoken. His ears were ringing and sound was not possible, but the first thing he noticed was that he could see from both his eyes although the left one still did not feel organic. Koga could see well enough to read Zanta's lips as he spoke the words, "What have you done?"

Koga unaware of his transformation had stepped into a realm he may have wished to reconsider. His body still felt like it was on fire, his mind shattered and his sense thrown off. Yet he could feel the bone pulsing, moving to mend him, to fix his weakened state as if it was alive. To what he truly was now, no one knew except Oto who may have just turned Koga into his personal pawn. The price of power may prove to be a steep one, but if nothing else the deal held true, Koga had control and his power would reach new heights.
Godslayer_by_es_reVer.jpg

-End-
[Topic Left]

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back