Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Contract Search The Two Shadows

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Shizukesa looked up into the sky by the gates, it seemed he had been assigned a student today to take on a little wander into the outer village and into the forest. As he leaned against the gate, his robes fluttering in the wind slightly as the robes showed his position as a Head Jounin of the village, he was speaking to one of the other Shinobi that was at the gates, he had found that since taking the office he had been here a lot of times over and over again. Though he really didn't mind that too much after all, he knew full well what was to be expected of him within his duties.

"Yeah, just going out, been a few sighting of dogs in the forest, so wanted to see what that is about and figured it would be a good time to take a student for a wander, drew names from a hat and sent a messenger to summon the student here, shouldn't be gone too long though, just out for the day if all goes to plan."

"I understand Sir, anything else?"

"Nothing really I just want to make sure that we keep an eye on who is coming in and out"

"Understood, well we will keep an eye and check on everyone entering the village"

Shizukesa nodded back to the guard as his eyes glanced across to the man who was currently checking passports for people, he was wondering to himself how the gates were always so busy, he had to admit to himself that it was refreshing to have a village like this, as he looked up to the sky, not a cloud in it today, though the trees would give him some shade on his little journey today he had packed water in his backpack just in case.

[TWC: 305/1,500]
[Topic Entered]

Shinrya Sachiko

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
D
Koi Koi! : ) Game! read the note Utsumi proudly - perhaps a bit too - slammed on the table amidst the game she was playing with her classmate. It overtook the hanafuda cards underneath, scattering them slightly to the sides until they framed a clear path to Utsumi's smug grin. It was met by a chorus of groans from the gaggle of children who had collected around them, throwing up their arms in yet another round of collective defeat. The loudest came from her opponent, his face contorted into a disgruntled pout that way only kids who didn't get their way could manage. "That's not fairrrr," came his whined reply, tapping his hands on the edge of his desk as if he could flip it and make a break. "You're soooo luckyyyyy! This game is dumb, Nanamiya-chan! You're just farming us!" The words were biting, perhaps, but even in their heated states the children were all having a grand time in their free period - most of all Utsumi, who took the complaints in stride with her tongue stuck from her lips. Hehe! : P was her first response, another card pulled out and dangled tauntingly. Do you concede? was another pre-written - and one she had to show many, many kids today.

"Yeah, yeah, Nanamiya-chan. Whatever!! You got sooo lucky. And you know the game better than us!" He continued to pout and grumble, only getting a bigger, smarmier smile from the girl. She basked for only a few moments longer before a mimicry of a laugh shook her little frame, settling her back in her chair with a lilt of her head. Black tresses cascaded across a softening expression, warming from its original victory. Thank you for playing with me. : ) she wrote on a scrawl-heavy notepad, lifting it up and tapping the front for his attention. Her smile was melting. There was true joy in the eyes of an excited little girl. I had a lot of fun -- she went back to scribbling after his defeated sigh, angst cooling down to the comfort of friendship -- I'll teach you better later, okay? ♡

That got all the boys, a chorus of 'ooo's and laughter from the kids before they dispersed back to their desks. The boy across from her rolled his eyes, blowing out a final puff of hot air, and then nodded with his arm outstretched. She clasped the end of it lightly, offering a sportsmanlike shake and a brighter smile. "Sure, sure. Whatever, Nanamiya-chan. We can - uhm, we can play again later, yeah, whatever. Go away now!"

They were kind to her. More than that, they were open to her games. It was peaceful school days like this for awhile - for long enough, one imagined. She received the Head Jonin's summons with both a rush of excitement and nerves; realizing she had little practical experience, let alone with important authorities, and had almost forgotten herself in the halcyon of the Academy. She checked her hands - knuckles unbruised, palms uncalloused - and fretted over the proper appearance for her better. Was she wanted friendly? Sporty? Delicate? What was valued in Shinobi that wasn't in a Shrine Priestess? His name was important too, she noted: the Nanamiya's split from the Naras wasn't really dramatic or a point of contention - more just the tides of time drifting blood from blood - but she had never actually interacted with the main branch. What was the proper protocol?

She scribbled something down, exhaled in thought, and crossed it out in the interest of saving paper to write what she thought she was expected to. It wasn't much longer before she scampered from class with a skip out the door and a wave back at her fellows - eagerness winning over sadness at venturing out of her new comfort - and made her way to the proper gates. Her first thought was that he looked very intimidating. Her second was that he looked very cool. She wanted to be both of those things, desperately.

utsu1.png

( hi Aniki : D Good morning Sir Jonin Sir! : ) )
Utsumi Nanamiya, cousin of the prestigious Nara, reporting for duty!​

[ WC: 698 / 1500 ]

Last edited:
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Looking at the Student who turned up at the gates, he stood up to his full height and pulled a smile across his lips, his face showing nothing but kindness to the student that he had just met. So it seemed that Utusumi was the one that had her name picked, that was fine with him. After all every day should be a learning experience as a Shinobi. As he let his hand ruffle the back of his hair slightly he extended his hand out towards her allowing a handshake to come if it was expected between the two.

"Good morning, I am Nara Shizukesa, we will be going on a little adventure today, I hope that is ok with you, I do have a few ground rules before we head out, no running off, and just follow my instructions if I request something specific from you, other than that I brought you a bottle of water, as the sun is coming out we will need to keep fluids up, and with that shall we get heading off?"

He would reach around to a side pouch in his backpack and produce a nice-looking water bottle as he handed it to her and spun on his heels, as the two of them began to venture into the forest, it was clear that the Head Jounin was tracking something, but his entire pose and posture was casual at that moment, his hands in his pockets as he walked, never letting that friendly smile drop from his face at all, as they continued deeper into the woods, the trees beginning to offer nice patches of shade.

"Please Utsumi feel free to ask any questions, this trip out is as much of a learning experience as you want to make of it, of course, I am happy to answer anything you wish to speak about?"

[TWC: 616/1,500]

Shinrya Sachiko

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
D
She stalled briefly as she looked between him, her introduction, and the hand outstretched to her - wheels turning in her little head. A tilt left, a tilt right, and the cascade of black hid a curious expression with peeking red eyes. A prey - not a hunter - in the brush, testing waters to guarantee safety before venturing out. Her lips shifted to the side, the picture of pensiveness, before two small hands reached out and grasped Shizukesa's full fist between firm fingers, shaking up and down a few hearty times. She smiles up at him, dimpled at the cheek, before bringing her hands back to thrum her fist into her palm as an 'okay, right!'

She dove into her sketchpad and scribbled furiously with a pen that had been hanging from her ear, holding it up to present to the Head Jounin with eager tapping at the page.

utsu3.png

( Sorry Nara-senpai >w< i can't talk hehe! is this okay? XP )
She would peek out from behind the page, still grinning, a bit of an embarrassed blush to her cheeks. She hoped she hadn't already messed up her first impression ... he seemed so warm and collected. Did you not have to be scary to be strong? How else did you handle fear?

She took the bottle from him with a grateful nod of her head, quick and energetic, thumbing it between nervous hands as she mulled him over. She wouldn't drink, yet; he seemed to have some kind of destination in mind, and truthfully she had no idea where or why they were going anywhere, or for how long. Something about dogs? She could wrestle a wild dog. Probably. She glanced around, following every tree and every shadow within their boughs. She was almost on guard, if in a comical fashion, wandering near his side to pull gently at his sleeve and lift up another note.

I'll be good! Promise! Thank you for inviting me out, Sir Jounin-sama Sir! Her tongue pressed inside of her cheek, rolling her eyes up to think before glancing back at him and scribbling another. Do you like being Nara? What's it like? The main branch. I've never met anybody from it before.

[ WC: 1064 / 1500 ]

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Looking down at the righting the first time, it seemed that the two of them would have to communicate a bit slower than what they would normally have expected. Shizukesa looked towards the girl and smiled politely to her in those few moments, allowing the clear kindness he resonates, as he made no nasty comment and gesture just nodded and pressed on with the walking, as he smiled and nodded back to the scribbles, as he looked towards the words that she was writing a small laugh escaping his lips as he was thanked for inviting her out. Honestly, he didn't mind the company it gave him something to do.

"It's not a problem at all, I trust ya, and besides nothing better than missing class to get out and about really, I find that a nice stroll in the forest can clear the mind nicely."

As he two continued for a little bit, he allowed the day to pass, though the trails became lost sometimes and picked up in a different direction, it was clear that they were getting deeper within the forest with each passing hour as he tried to think of the responses to provide to the two questions that had been asked of him, he never really considered the Nara one before, it was hard to answer from his point of view.

"I mean I was born into a Nara family, trained, taught, and focused on the skill set that best goes with the Nara lineage so I cannot say if I like it, I think it made me who I am today if that is what you mean. I believe that the abilities I gain by being a Nara allow me to adapt my skills and use myself in more strategic positions, it gives me options in combat and aids me when I require it. Why do you ask?"

He had answered at least the first part, now onto the second part, what is the Main Branch, it seemed that he would be the first fully-fledged Shinobi that she had met in her life. Interesting at least.

"The Main Branch, gives you lots of choices on the path you want to take, Keniwa the Sennin is an open-minded individual who is approachable which always helps, each path has different obstacles but also rewards, I am in charge of Security inside of the village, I police the gates, patrol the village and protect the civilians, it gives me the chance to wander the city, eat, talk and laugh with civilians, I can count that as being rewarding to be honest with you. Something I always want to do is help people and I found the way to do that inside of the main bran...."

His words were cut short as something darted in his vision, he signaled the young student to follow as the Shinobi picked up speed, following the darting black shadow that was moving with speed through the forest ground, giving no quarter to him and the two would have to move quickly to keep up.

[TWC: 1,128/ 1,500]

Shinrya Sachiko

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
D
Her shoulders shook as she laughed, soundless but warm, her hair falling back over a charmed face and demanding a hand brush it back away. Her eyes - alight, comfortable - travel from him to the surroundings woods, then back again, her gait almost leisurely as they walk along and 'chat.' Almost leisurely, but not incautious. She had rarely ventured much out of the village, let alone on any sort of Shinobi business. She gratefully had the companionship of the Head Jounin himself, sure, and this was a task that was naturally assumed to be suited to an Academy Student, but ... ah, she couldn't be blamed for her bright-eyed concerned. If anything, she didn't seem afraid. She seemed eager for the challenge, just sure one would start at any moment and she needed to be prepared. On your toes, Utsumi. You were not going to embarrass yourself in front of someone like Shizukesa.

Haha, you did get me out of class! I might have been run out otherwise. They're not very good at Koi Koi! : P She regaled him, explaining her interest in the card game and her classmate's apparent lack of skill, though she really enjoyed being able to play with them all the same. She never came off as 'haughty', as much as 'confident.' I figured I had to get active eventually! Are we going to fight a monster? A little flex of her arm.

She continued in reply to him. My family has Nara blood, but we haven't been apart of the main clan for a reeeeaally long time. I'm the first one in awhile who can use the Shadow style. You're the only real Nara I've ever met. She chewed on her tongue, unsure of where to go from there. Was this an impolite discussion? Was it invasive to ask him about the clan? She had such a clear eagerness to belong in something - anything - and be able to prove herself in it, but she wasn't sure if she looked too much like she was falling over herself. I guess I just wanted to know what it felt like to share that with people.

She was grateful for his patience in their back and forth, the kindly older Jonin never rushing her through her method of conversation and the conversation itself being a lovely break from the rigidity of authority. She didn't know adults could be so fluid, and, well - so easy to talk to! Truth be told, she hadn't really faced any bullying about her disability since leaving the shrine. It seemed that as long as she didn't suck to be around and could throw a good punch, no one really minded the extra effort it took to keep up with her. An easy breath, relaxing. She began to write again after he finished speaking, scribbling furiously. You seem really nice for someone in charge of Security. : P - but then - Oops! Sorry if that's rude, sir! o7 I have a lot of respect, I just thought adults were all --

She didn't get the chance to write 'uptight' or whatever delicate way she thought she could continue that, instead urged to follow faster after whatever creature they were chasing. For her merit, she was a natural at keeping speed, moving at an even and quick pace: both without breaking a sweat, nor making any noise with feet that flew along the ground. Her head hunkered down, writing forgotten, and she slipped into the poise of a hunter. Crimson eyes, sparkling with excitement, were the only thing that betrayed the little girl.

[ WC: 1664 / 1500 ]

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
As the two darted through the forest to the location that they were heading towards, it was clear that the shadow they were following was getting more distance on the two of them, causing a frown to catch the brow of the Nara, he was cautious if anything especially with the student here, as he allowed himself to enter into the opening, his hand instantly came out stopping the Student from moving forward, his feet shifted in the ground preparing himself as his hairband fluttered slightly, in the wind, as he allowed his eyes to dart around the words coming from him barely audible.

"Stay behind me, I will protect you, show no fear, this will not be a situation we can easily walk away from, it seems that we are the prey in these forests"

If the Student was to look in front of the Head Jounin, she would see what they were chasing, a rather mangled and matted-looking black dog, larger stood on a rock facing them, around the lower level of the rock a pack of at least twelve other dogs stared down their chasers some leaning down ready to attack at a minutes notice as the pause between the two sides becoming obvious.

"It seems that it takes a monster to hunt a monster?"

It took a few minutes before Shizukesa realized the animal was talking to him, he allowed a small laugh to come from his lips in those seconds, and he kept his happy smile out for Utsumi to see never wavering in his duty, as around his feet it seemed the shadow that he was creating begun to shift, and tendrils preparing to lash out without even thinking about it. He glanced right and left watching the dogs trying to encircle them in that split second.

"So you can talk, interesting, we came out here from reports of beasts causing chaos, pillaging food supplies, and killing animals in the area, I am sure you understand the need to investigate"

"Interesting once more for you to call us beasts.... we hunt to survive, we steal to survive, we have been abandoned for so long here, we need to survive, I will not let my pack fall due to starvation, I am sure that you would do the same Shinobi"

Shizukesa found himself on the back foot at that moment after all he would do exactly the same, inspecting the dogs it was clear that malnourishment had set into a few of them, fur out of place or just missing, and even the visible sight of rib cages around them as he looked to them pondering the best solution to this situation that they had found themselves in, there must be a way to deal with this which didn't involve them becoming pest control.

"I see, I am sure that we could discuss this matter, and come to an understanding, that we don't need to resort to violence, after all, that would get us nowhere would it?"

"True, and it keeps you from showing an innocent child your real teeth"

Though he tried to keep the smile on his face, a frown quickly flashed across to Head Jounin as it was clear that he was taken aback that they could sense what lurked deep within him, he held his position, hoping that Utsumi, even though scribbling would be able to come up with a solution to what had fallen into their laps, after all he didn't want to really make a mess when they were fighting to survive not just for sport or any other form.

[TWC: 1,729/1,500]

Shinrya Sachiko

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
D
She was in wonder.

For all his good graces, the least of Shizukesa's worries would be if she was able to stay calm - or rather, if she was able to remain unafraid. Resisting fear was one thing: the real question was how she was going to contain her excitement at the thrill of their situation. There was something about danger - after living a life with none of it - that rose her hair and lit her eyes. She stalled behind his hand when indicated to, ears pricked to their conversation with one arm tightly curled around her notepad and the other lingering on Shizukesa's sleeve. She didn't tug, she didn't shift; no movement was made as they talked. Quiet as a statue. Something churning beneath an untroubled lake.

She was, in that moment, so very small. She came up to the Jonin's waist, peeking just over his outstretched limb, and the Alpha alone could beat her in weight. This wasn't something that gave her pause, but it did give her reason to consider her options. It took a glance to the side once the Shinobi realized they had been surrounded to assuage the sizes of the various beasts in the pack. There were two. Two, she reasoned, that she could take fist-and-claw. Two that couldn't be that much bigger than her. Thrill. Fervor. Her heat beat at an incredible pace, belaying not fear but an unbridled rush of adrenaline. This was the first challenge she had ever come across. Was it so strange for a wolf to speak? Was it stranger still for a person that couldn't?

She looked between the two, drinking in the same sights at Shizukesa with less trained instinct. Was it as the wolf spoke: did it take a monster to beat one? Could she be one? She could be a beast, if her red blood held any indication, but a monster? Is that what the sir Jonin was, then - despite his gentleness, and warmth, did you have to be scary to be strong? She kept these questions to herself, urged to open her mouth but knowing no sound would come out. She knew the heart of kindness - of loving your fellow man and beast, and taking care of them as you wish to be taken care of - and it rung true from the hungry animals that moved in on them.

Shadows whipped around her legs from Shizukesa's direction, and she made a note of that application. Her mind was moving fast, too fast, but she wasn't bogged down by the weight of their conversation. The wolves were hungry, and despite her readiness, they couldn't spare to fight them. Even she, in her excitement, knew better than to take on the downtrodden and derelict. Everyone knew better than that, didn't they? She was nothing more than a girl, at heart and in body, and a girl was so swayed by the plight of the pack.

She didn't want to concern Shizukesa, or add to their problems, but she had to do something. She had to say something. Either party here getting hurt - on her watch, or in defense of her - was unacceptable. Her heart had briefly begun to slow, but it pounded again as she tore into a page and scribbled furiously.

She held it up to the wolves and Jonin both.

utsu4.png

We can keep you safe, and you can keep us safe. Then nobody's scared!

[ WC : 2241 / 1500 ]

Last edited:
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
The Head Jounin stood there still, watching the girl draw a picture, he tried to not burst out laughing, it wasn't that her drawing was bad, the opposite, it was actually the most adorable thing that he had ever seen, as he looked to her in those few moments. Waiting he allowed his eyes to focus back on the dogs who had just been shown the same picture that he had been shown. As he allowed himself a few moments it was clear that the leader was also reading this, as it went quiet for a few moments its body language showed different signs and body language.

"What, you want to make some kind of offer, with food and we help you, why would we do that? What point would we achieve by helping you?"

Shizukesa considered it for a moment as he was trying to be honest with himself and it seemed that the offer could work, but would need more tweaking than just a picture being given to them. As he allowed himself to take the first steps pulling himself out of the defensive stance that he was holding, He decided to come at this with a more open approach with the student that he had accompanying him.

"I mean, honestly I don't see why this idea couldn't work. No offense but we could come to some sort of agreement, you would get food, a home, and access to the village we come from, and in return, you would help the village that helps you, and more importantly us two I think would be a more sensible option?"

"Interesting, a contract with my kind is what you are proposing, between us and you, what proof do we have that you can be trusted?"

It seemed that Shizukesa was doing the talking but that was to be expected between the two of them, as he slowly moved down and sat down on the ground in front of them, removing the backpack, he gently began to pull out an assortment of food that he did originally pack for himself and Utsumi to have during this trip, though it seemed it had better use elsewhere right now. As he allowed himself to place them out in front of him he gestured for the Student to sit beside him, the still smiling face never once leaving him.

"A gesture of goodwill, food for today, and protection while you eat, without fear of it being stolen, or you being attacked, I am sure that this act can be met with one in kind by yourselves? We mean you no harm in fact we are just here to help and figure out what is going on, a deal could be beneficial for all involved"

[TWC: 2,191/1,500]

Shinrya Sachiko

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
D
Her hands clasped together excitedly, the first sound she'd made aside from the rustling of paper. She hopped once, then twice in place, clapping again each time with a burgeoning grin. She would look from her Head Jonin - and cousin - back towards the wolves who seemed to, at least, growl their approval to some extent. It wasn't the most complicated plan in the world. It didn't have fantastically strong infrastructure or a step-by-step plan. She was eleven. It was, however, a plan that came from her heart & out of a genuine desire to help the unfortunate creatures and themselves from adding to further misfortune.

She checked herself, rocking on heels that kept her wobbled in place - unable to contain her satisfaction and the beaming smile she wore - but waited otherwise for Shizukesa to finish his adult diplomacy. She wasn't even sad they didn't get to punch anything! The idea now, with all the information, of tackling one of the wolves ... well, it'd be fun, but it'd be very, very mean. Utsumi didn't think she wanted to be a mean person. Did you have to be mean to be scary? She would watch Shizukesa as he pulled from his pack, tilting her head from left to right like the dogs they were surrounded by before following suit and sitting nearby. He was 'scary', wasn't he? He was to the dogs, at least. And he wasn't mean. So maybe you didn't need to be mean to be scary. Maybe you could just be big.

She could be big one day, too.

She was leaving this interaction with so many notes and vague objectives for the future. Food was soon offered to the various haggard animals, and she worked non-threateningly to scoop up a morsel and offer it out to the little ones. She tried not to smile too wide, or make eye contact, as random tidbits she remembered about the training of dogs; but her expression remained warm, gentle, and she tapped the ground in a comfortable rhythm. It was her way of humming a tune.

She grabbed the water bottle Shizukesa had given her earlier, and as she realized her throat had become parched, she offered it also to the dogs. She shook it slow - heavy and full - and added it to their options. A stick was procured to draw small words through the dirt as the two groups converged.

You're safe now. : )

[ WC : 2644 / 1500 ]

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
As the day passed, it seemed that the dogs had become more relaxed around the two of them, the pack was laying out, or chasing each other in a playful manner, even occasionally just sitting with one of the two Shinobi to allow for petting and scratching, it seemed that all things considered the first interaction this had change massively. They were a lot calmer and a lot more friendly in manner, though the Head Jounin was aware that the student was still with him at all times as he kept his smile on and just watched the time pass by between the two groups.

"Well Utsumi, I must say this has been a fun day, and different than what I expected, but sometimes that is just like you prepare for one thing and are met with something completely different"

As the dogs continued to play, yap, and have a good time, it seemed that the pack leader approached both of the Leaf Shinobi his eye fixed on the two of them in thought as they were met with Shizukesa, he allowed himself a few moments to look to them, without speaking then begun to address both of them.

"Thank you, we are considered outcasts to some, just a nuisance to others, but you two decided to offer a helping hand instead of just throwing us away, discarding us like so many others have, and for that we thank you. As such the offer that you discussed with us before, helping the village in return for some safety, food, and somewhere to call home, would that be still on the table?"

"I don't see why not, you can assist instead of stealing, change things around, and do what must be done instead of making friends, not enemies, what did you have in mind?"

"A pack, more specifically a bond between our pack and you two for now, a bond of trust, assistance, and friendship seems like a good place to start"

With that, the dog seemed to close its eyes and focus on its own Chakra, as with a poof of smoke a scroll gently landed in front of the two Shiobi and unfurled itself out with two empty spaces showing for the two Shinobi that were sitting there, as it moved backward slightly before deciding to address the two and making the scroll clear on the purpose of it.

"This contract will bind us and you together in service, we will aid when you require and we will assist as much as we can, we would request that you help up and trust with respect, simply sign your name and finish the contract that way. You showed kindness and this would be the way we can repay this kindness."

"Well then, I am not into the whole blood, but lucky I do have some ink and a pen here somewhere, I thank you for trusting us with your contract and do hopefully the best by you"

Shizukesa allowed himself to take out a pen and some ink, writing his name at the top of the box he then allowed himself to sign below that name, he handed his pen towards Utsumi, it was down to her if she wanted to sign the contract but he figured there were a lot more dangerous packs out there, and it would be handy to have a companion around even if it was the form of a dog.

[TWC: 2,766/1,500]

Shinrya Sachiko

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
D
Utsumi beams at Shizukesa, her smile toothy and bright, shoulders shaking in a giggle as the lightness in the air seems to bring red to her cheeks. She thumbs across her expression sheepishly, sitting back with her notepad in her lap and fingers tracing quiet circles in the dirt. There was something of pride on her face - the situation diffused, both parties happy, no innocent blood spilt - but relief shown further. Guilt, if anything, remained as this little pit in her childish heart, a free hand lifting to comb through a ragged dog's mane as it wandered curiously closer. She watched it, face imperceptible save for a tired warmth in her eyes.

Her instinct had been to fight them. She had, immediately upon being surrounded, sussed out the targets she was most likely to be able to take on. She knew this to be a good quality of a Shinobi on its base level from her written lessons: target priority and the acknowledgement of her own limits were great strides. However. If Shizukesa was a crueler man - or if this was meant to be a combat exercise - she would have jumped at his word and they wouldn't be sitting among the hounds as they were. If this was a lesson from her better to take no quarter, she ... might have done so. She couldn't imagine hurting these dogs. Her fingers traced the canine's muzzle, gently, and she mused unhappily in her head. No, she could imagine it. It just made her quite sad in retrospect. Greatness - and therefore loyalty to the greats - was more important to Utsumi than anything, even to being her entire point for setting out on this Shinobi journey. She had already decided she would be scary if you needed to be. If that's what got you respect ...

But she wasn't sure on what she'd be like after her follow-through. She was very quite happy with how things turned out. She was so comfortable, with her Senpai and the dogs that trotted around them. They resolved the situation so amiably, none the worse for her intervention, and isn't that also the kind of person she wanted to be? If you didn't need to be scary to be strong -- she thinks she'd like that more. The aftertaste of kindness is fizzier than cruelty.

She wasn't sure the dog would understand her, but still she signed to him - hands shifting in what might have been handseals, once upon a time, but now served solely as communication. Hi, she signed, twisting her fingers in the air together, I'm glad you're all okay now. We'll look after you. It wasn't obvious if the haggard canine managed to directly understand what she had said, but he did seem to get the intent, nosing into her still hands in their post-signing fall and drawing a soft gasp of air from Utsumi. Yes, she thought. I'd like it very much if you didn't need to be scary to be strong.

She turned her attention to two leaders of their respective 'packs' as they came to some sort of conclusion, a scroll laid out before Shizukesa and an urging from the two for her turn coming up. The conversation moved a bit too fast prior for her to keep up - lost in her personal musings - and found no chance to interject, but she was almost grateful for that. She wasn't intimidated, per se, but she didn't have what it took to carry a conversation with the Alpha canine. She realized once more how glad she was to have the Head Jounin with her on this outing; she shuffled closer to his side, leaning against his shoulder and peering over it. She gives Shizukesa a funny look as he implied they could sign with blood instead of ink, one eyebrow raised and her tongue poking from her lips in a 'eugh, really?' kind of tease.

Utsumi gingerly accepted the pen, swirling it in the ink with a humming tap to the bottle, before moving to the imposing scroll and taking only a moment to consider what she was signing away. This was her idea, after all. Commitment made a Shinobi as much as anything. Her name spilled from her hand as it worked across the page, leaving her name behind with a brief glow.

Utsumi Nanamiya.

She returned the pen with a pleased grin, moving to the dirt afterward with her free hand and scrawling. Thank you! : ) Both of you! This feels good! I'm really glad we were all able to help each other. She then redrew a part of her previous picture - the dog and the two humans - and resigned 'friends'.

[ WC: 3430 / 1500 ]

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
It seemed that the two of them had signed the contract, the pact was made and both parties had signed up, with that the scroll vanished from sight and disappeared in the blink of an eye. As the two Shinobi sat for a few more hours, time going by at a steady pace, it seemed that they had managed to get themselves an interesting experience out of the day to say the least but it had to come to an end as they both needed to return back to the village, after all they would need to report this.

"Shall we make a move back to the village?"

He waited to see the question answered and enjoyed the walk back getting to know the student's thoughts on how the day had gone after all it had been a very strange day for all of them.

[Submitted for Contract]
[You can either leave or stay for the walk back]

Shinrya Sachiko

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
D
[ Accepting Canine above! Thank you! ]

This was way better than sitting in class and beating everyone at card games for 4 hours, Utsumi thought. It was close, of course, but this was a lot nicer. Raven hair tucked behind an ear as she fiddled with the length of her pen that kept it in place, swaying gently in her curled shape next to the Head Jounin. She looked from her cousin to the dogs, relaxed, and almost slipped into a doze for a greater part of their time together after signing the contract. She wasn't sure what it all meant, and she didn't often feel alone, but she still somehow ... it still kind of felt like ... there was something, there, now. That she wasn't alone, whether or not she was lonely. It felt really warm. This was a very fulfilling - and perhaps even foundational - day for the young Academy Student.

They chatted, back and forth, with little scrawls and movements, until they had all tired of the day and knew it to be done. A successful mission! Sort of. She smiled back at the dogs as they moved to leave them, waving and earning soft yips back. Yeah, they were going to be okay, too. She tamped after Shizukesa, sticking close to his side with kinship alive in her heart. Everybody had their pack - whether they were dog or Shinobi - and she was finding hers. She shared with him on their return to the village that she was really grateful, and had a lot of fun, and hoped they could do this again sometime. He was a really good big scary man. He wasn't really that scary at all.

She also scribbled out something for him on their way, pressing it into his hand with excitable nods and a beaming grin. She wouldn't linger for too long after they got back to the village - embarrassed - but she wanted him to know how good of a trip this was for her.

utsu6.png
[ Topic Left unless stopped ~ ✰ ]

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
As the two made their way back to the village for a little bit, it was clear that Shizukesa had definitely had a day he had not anticipated for, everything had been different or new and even the interactions that he had undertaken had been somewhat of a non-familiar situation even for a Shinobi such as himself. As he allowed himself a few moments pause at the gates he turned his attention to the Student who had decided to take this little adventure with him, it had been certainly at the least interesting for the two of them as he turned his attention to her for a few moments.

"Well I can hardly say that today has gone without any issues, that being said, I do appreciate the day and your company, I know that you will still be trying to figure out where in the world you fit in, and what to do with your life. Not the easiest task for someone so young I am sure, however, if you ever need a teacher, or ever want to learn anything, my door is always open for you to come and find me without any clause or catch to that offer"

With that, he knew that she would have to go and do other things for the day, though she was returned safely back to the village, and with a story to share with the rest of her classmates he couldn't argue with how everything had turned out, and for once he felt himself trust the situation at hand.

[MFT: 258]
[Topic Left]

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back