Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

There is Death in the Hanes (Private/Solo-Dolo)

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The Heavens seemed to beating down upon the Land of Lightning, thunder boomed and lightning struck the ground while a light rain pattered against the roofs of the Susukino district. Chiyoko moved through the rain-soaked ground with the grace of a woman who had ran through the rains many a time. A slight smile rested upon her youthful mouth, she had just filled her stomach with a combination of pork-buns and rice balls, a meal that would make even the most down-trodden smile in glee. Beside her meal she was always a fan of the days when the thunder would boom and the lightning would fall, it reminded her of what it meant to be a Kumogakurian, of why she would eventually become a Shinobi. A topic of which she had lately been struggling with, having the responsibilities of being a future Kunoichi, it was near maddening at times, especially with the fact that she didn't really get to choose her profession as much as it chose her. Days like these made her felt a bit more at ease with what she would become, more at ease with the fact that she had been forced to cede her position within her family. They would never tell her directly that she was being sacrificed, that she was slowly being removed from the family business, in a way she silently resented her father and brothers for pushing the responsibility upon her; but she knew that it was in the best interest of her people for her to be a martyr of sorts.

Her thoughts faded as she trotted across the street and through the bustling traffic of the busy district, not yet having realized that she was beginning to find herself in a portion of the Susukino district that she wasn't fully acquainted with, in the middle of a storm, and with none of her family within sight. Of course she soon realized the predicament she had found herself in, moving toward a small tavern from which came the familiar lullaby of the Biwa. The tavern was humble in appearance, it was a fairly open design with it's sliding doors open inviting anyone inside, along with the familiar smell of fresh tobacco and rice liquor. It all felt familiar. Quietly she made her way inside the pub shaking off the outside weather and taking in her new surroundings, noticing there were only four others in the establishment, all fairly elderly. There was the Biwa player, a woman who seemed to be in her late sixties who briefly made eye contact with the young Kunoichi, though continuing her playing throughout the ordeal. The bartender who seemed to be the same age as the Biwa player standing and cleaning the glasses behind the bar unaware of the new patron, and two men who seemed to easily be in their nineties playing a game of Go toward the side of the bar. One of the two seemed to be smoking ona cob pipe contributing to the smell of smoke in the establishment, the man seemed to be bald and with no facial hair save for the small amount of hair that one could barely consider to be his eyebrows. The other man had long flowing white hair along with a long beard which he curled between his fingers, contemplating his next move in the game. It was evident that the two saw the young Kunoichi, though they didn't speak a word. She figured they were too absorbed in their game.

Chiyoko's vision lingered upon the game for second more, obviously interested in the outcome of the game and how each player moved their pieces, though she didn't wish to be a bother toward the men deciding to sit at the bar, perhaps he could give her a bit of conversation, "Could I get something to drink?" her youth bellowed through her voice leading the bartender to chuckle slightly, still not having turned around from cleaning his glassware, "You're a bit young for a drink, don't you think?" he knelt beneath the bar returning shortly after with a glass of soda and a container of grenadine, seemed he wouldn't be giving her any alcohol. "Taking a bit of a reprieve from the storm, lass?" he asked while stirring the Grenadine into the drink, trying to make idle conversation, "I was going back to the Cronopolis, but I got a bit turned around.</COLOR><i></i>" she replied in earnest watching as the man turned around and offered her the beverage.

"We used to live in the Cronopolis too." The man stated, pressing against the bar and looking toward the woman who still sat playing her Biwa, seemed that they were a couple. "But you saved up enough to buy this place, and now you live here?" Her tone was of mild interest, taking in a quick taste of her cherry flavored beverage. The man briefly nodded, gazing over toward the eldest two men in pub, watching as they battled silently, "That was about twenty five years ago now, time flies." Chiyoko gave no reply as she trained her vision back upon the two, from what she could see their game seemed to be coming to a close. The Man with the beard was winning, though not by much; never the less she figured the man with the pipe wouldn't be making a comeback. "Looks like they know each other pretty well, probably play together a lot, right?" She was clearly interested in game waiting intently to know if her suspicions were correct, "Every day, they've been coming in nearly long as we've been open. They play about five games a day, neither of them talk much." the bartender looked back toward Chiyoko signaling her to come a bit closer to him so that he could whisper something to her, she openly obliged. "<COLOR color="blue">I've talked to them both maybe twenty times since they've been here, there's some crazy rumors about them. The man with the pipe, they say he was a great Shinobi from the Land of Water who deserted many years ago. The other man, they say that he was a master strategist from the Moon islands who has never lost in the same way twice, they say he's a genius.<i></i>" Her ears perked up as she listened about who these two could potentially be, they certainly seemed to be interesting.

Suddenly a puff of smoke hit the two directly, as if blown from only inches away, both the bartender and our young Kunoichi turned to see the man with the pipe sitting at the bar, staring at the two. "Sake, please." His voice was that of a smoker's, gravely and deep. Intimidating even in his old age, clearly he also moved with the grace of a cat not alerting anyone until he chose to. He seemed to be the real deal. Both the two of them tried to hide the look of shock that and elderly man had just snuck up on them, the bartender turned his back making the drink leaving the man to stare at Chiyoko, "You're a future Shinobi." he stated, somehow knowing that she was in fact a future Ninja. Our young Kunoichi nodded, incredibly interested with the old man, one could say she had stars in her eyes. "You were watching our game, you watched me lose. How would you have proceeded differently?", she was even more awestruck than before as the man asked her opinion on the match. She quickly regained herself, thinking back to what she had seen during the match first denoting that he was playing a bit too aggressive for her tastes, though she had only played the game a handful of times before, "I would have played reactively, let him come to me. From then on I would have pushed the confrontations with hit-and-run tactics, eventually I would hope to surround him and end it there.<i></i>" she quipped happy that the man had asked her opinion. "That's not going to work now." His reply was solemn and his expression was unchanging, but with that she couldn't help but wonder what he meant by his words, Not going to work now? she asked herself waiting for his explanation. "I think it's time for me to take a break, my friend needs someone to play with. How about a round?" Chiyoko's eyes ballooned from the excitement of facing an opponent who clearly outmatched her, she reveled in the chance to learn something. "Sure, I'll win a few games for you.<i></i>" Her tone was as confident as ever leading the man with the pipe to laugh.

Quickly she moved from the bar toward the booth with the bearded man, who had reset the board while his friend was away. His eyes locked upon the young woman as she sat, exchanging no words. The game were his words, his communication, and she was about to strike up a conversation.

[MFT - 1500]

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Her dainty hand traced across the hardwood board, taking in it's cherry red sheen and making note that it was a nineteen by nineteen board, something which she wasn't entirely used to having played only on thirteen by thirteen's beforehand. "Suicide rule in effect?</COLOR><i></i>" A sparkle kept within her eyes at the chance to display her competitive nature to the man, to show him that she wasn't your average-every-day-kid, the thought was exhilarating! The Strategist looked at the black and white stones for a moment, contemplating his answer, his voice while aged was still clear and serene "No, outside of this game we have those who make such sacrifices...It's dishonorable toward them to play with such a rule." with his left hand the Strategist pulled the white stones closer to himself, which she did not have a problem with. He was clearly the more experienced, so he would take the white stones she the black and would play first, for a brief second she thought of asking him about his handicap, taking the white stones and going second, but she figured that he would take offense to such a thing. So, instead she pulled the black stones closer before clutching one of the empty bowls.

Her first move was unorthodox, placing a stone in the center of the board with a loud click, if she was anything it was unorthodox. The Strategist placed his first piece in the right corner closest to him before speaking, "Do you think you will win this battle, Wakahisa-Kun?" her eyes shot from the board back toward the Strategist, he's not from the Cronopolis and he's a foreigner, how does he know who I am? Not many people outside of the Cronopolis know about our tattoos, so that isn't it... How? ... she thought as her vision was transfixed upon the man. Her lips curled as she curiously began to ask the man how he knew who or what she was, "How do you? --<i></i>" was all she could get out before being cut off by the Strategist "The tattoo. Your father only has one daughter, and she bears a striking resemblance to her mother. She too was an avid fan of Go, challenged me many years ago. Lost every time. But enough of that, back to the game." he waved his hands, and despite Chiyoko's obvious curiosity of how the man knew her mother he seemed to be too interested in the game to reply to any of her further questions on the matter. Hours passed as she lost the game to a fairly wide margin, of course immediately replying after her loss, "Again.<i></i>" The Strategist twirled his beard nodding in acceptance of another game with the girl.

The second game was closer than the first, though she was still clearly losing to the old man, though he still seemed quite interested in the game, perhaps he saw that the girl had already improved exponentially in just the one game. He clicked his piece down once again proclaiming an old proverb of Death being in the Hanes marking a fairly crushing move against his opponent, Chiyoko's face soured briefly before returning to her state of focus, such a move would not perturb her for long. The Strategist looked toward his pipe smoking friend at the bar, he seemed to be observing the game while enjoying his drink, "You choose to be a Shinobi, why? You're clearly intelligent enough to know that field will only lead to an early death." The Strategist pondered as Chiyoko snapped another black piece upon the board. She sighed briefly, having wondered the same thing before "No use telling you that I'm being pressured into the situation by the family, I'm sure you would see right through that, right?<i></i>", The Strategist chortled at her dry tone nodding, he knew better. "Because I want a challenge, same reason I'm playing you. Guess you could say I'm a bit of a masochist.<i></i>" she clacked down another piece surrounding four of his, a slight smile sitting upon her face. The old man returned by capturing eight of her own with a smile of his own, marking the probable end of the game, "You remind me quite a bit of your mother, always full of spunk. Always liked her too." Chiyoko once again stared at the man curiously, clearly the man had some sort of relationship with her mother. "Again.<i></i>" Clearing the board she remained determined to beat the man who seemed to be willing to compete again.

Once again her improvement was evident, she was losing but this game was close, closer even than the game with the two elderly men before, her brow furrowed as she found herself in a situation were it was obvious that she would have to kill off a piece to capture the man's, with the Suicide rule null she moved, leading the Strategist to sigh "You know, she was a near Genius. She had a mind that could slice the perceptions of an average man's reality, and even with her intellect she could never win. Your mother, throughout all the games I played with her, never sacrificed her pieces. An unfortunate trait for a Kunoichi, unable to sacrifice the little man for the big picture." his tone was somber as he slapped another white piece down setting up the ending of the game, a Seki situation where neither could gain any further points. Still, not having tallied the points the outcome of the game was uncertain leading Chiyoko to ask, "If I win, will you tell me how you know her?<i></i>" it had been years since she had talked of her mother in any way other than a passing memory, having nearly forgotten the features of her face, the way she smelled, her voice, as if her being were slowly fading away. ... "I suppose."

He twirled his hair while tallying the points of their latest match with a rather blank expression. A slight grin sat upon his weathered face as he finished tallying the points, ripping the piece of paper and placing it face down upon the table, leaving Chiyoko to wonder what the final scoring was "Well?", the anticipation was evident upon her face. The Strategist raised his hand signaling the man with the pipe to come over to the table, the smoker grabbed the piece of paper examining the scoring with a look of surprise, "In three games?" he asked the Strategist removing the pipe from his mouth, he replied promptly "In three games." Chiyoko of course had no idea what they were talking about, obviously perturbed as she sat awaiting the results. "C'mon! What's the hold up?!" She asked with the excitement of a giddy teen.
"Draw!"

"Draw."

"<COLOR color="purple">Draw?<i></i>"​

Her expression slumped as she learned that she had not won, thinking that had lost the potential chance of learning about the man and a bit more of her mother, but the strategist spoke quickly with a certain look of elation, "Again. she was of course happy enough to oblige with a wide smile "Careful old man, I might win this one.<i></i>" renewed vigor shot through her voice.

The board cleared once more as everyone in the bar crowded around the table with a certain excitement, the Biwa no longer played, and the Bartender no longer served any drinks as they were all far too absorbed in the moment. Hell, even the Heavens above seemed to stop to watch the game as the storms began to clear outside the bar. Once again she slapped down the starting piece looking back at the Strategist, "Does the offer still stand?<i></i> referring to the man telling her about her mother "Yes, but I'm afraid this is the last game for today. If you win we will speak later, though I promise it will be soon." he stated placing another piece upon the board. "But! I want to know now!<i></i>" Her reply was childish and seemed to have no effect upon the man as he awaited her next move. For a brief few seconds she sulked at the fact she wouldn't be learning more about the man today, though she soon returned to the game still with the internal determination to beat him. "She was a near genius. You are a genius." Chiyoko shrugged off his flattery, still thinking her self as a bit of a moron. At best she thought she was an idiot-savant. "I'm no genius, I just pick things up easier than most.<i></i>", though her statement were the traits that were indicative of a genius. Afterward there was no further talking as they battled, leading to her eventual advantage after sacrificing nearly a third of her pieces to gain half of his. It was game match.

The Strategist and the Smoker sat in silence with a look of amazement and contentment plastered upon their faces while Chiyoko sprung from her seat throwing her hands in the air "Boo-yah!<i></i>" she shouted, not above a bit of gloating. After a few seconds of spastic dancing it seemed the Strategist was packing his board and pieces away and his friend was packing fresh tobacco into his pipe, they seemed to be leaving soon. "We're here every day, come back when you're ready to hear more about your mother. Good game." and without further word the two left, leaving Chiyoko in the middle of her celebration.
A few minutes passed as she regained her senses, ecstatic from winning the match she trotted out and back toward her home, eager to tell the others of her most recent accomplishment.​

[Exit]

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back