Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

There is no easy way to say somethings [Private with Yomi]

Kishiko Nagisa

Leaf Med-Nin Sennin
Yen
ASP
Deaths
Kenshin would tidy up his office/home as best as he could. He was still feeling the after effects of that fight and Umashi's appearance and leaving again. He made sure his barbells were put away as was all of his books. The couch was cleaned and his office desk was mostly clear of papers.

'How am I to explain this to her? This is ridiculous. How do I get myself into these situations.' Kenshin wondered to himself.

He would leave the door open. Soon enough he knew she would arrive where he she would find a cup of tea on his desk, 2 cups, a bowl of sugar, and a small bowl of honey. The Pot was next to it all steam rising from the spout. Kenshin would be sitting his hands on the desk waiting for her. The chair would already be pulled out slightly.

"Before I begin I must ask. The hooded figure you saw leaving the fight. Do you know who he was?"

He would wait until the answer was given. If she did not know he would simply say it and wait for her reaction.

"It was Umashi."

Kenshin braced himself for the reaction.

[topic entered and created]

Yomi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Yomi didn't know Kenshin to be someone who would request a meeting for no reason. The mere mention of him saying that he needed to speak with her behind closed doors piqued her interest. She would change out of her robes into something less formal and cleaner. Before coming to Kenshi she gave Ritsuko a proper burial as she said she would. Knocking lightly on Kenshin's door she waited until he said she could enter before doing so.

He was right to chase and it took Yomi a minute to adjust to the suddenness of his question. She sat down in the chair that was facing his desk and let out a sigh. Her head was still throbbing from the migraine that she had developed.

"No, I had no idea. Although you and Besito seemed pretty familiar with them. I just figured it was someone I had yet to come into contact with in the village. Although to be honest, it was alarming that they phased through the barrier so easily. I need to mention that to the Barrier Corps so we can continue to work on the strength and stability of our barriers. Then his exit through...that...whatever was also alarming but he caused no harm only uneasiness. What of it?"

Yomi raised a brow in question. Of all the things he could say right now, never in a million years would she have been prepared to hear him say that the cloaked figure was her husband.
She shot up from the chair just as soon as she heard his name, practically knocking the chair over.

"Kenshin I am in no mood for jokes, so whoever you pray to , help me. You called me in here to tell me some SHIT THAT I DON'T WANT TO HEAR TO DISTRACT ME FROM TODAY'S SHIT SHOW!" Yomi clutched her fist as she yelled at him. The nerve of him to lie to her this way. He was not going to get out of today's shenanigans by bringing up something he thought was going to get her to forget about it. Groaning, she rubbed her temples again and began swaying this way and that before she collapsed on to the ground, hitting her head on his desk on the way down.

[ooc: Kenshin gave Yomi a rage stroke. Please call Mikasa]

Kishiko Nagisa

Leaf Med-Nin Sennin
Yen
ASP
Deaths
Kenshin had been prepared for most things. This was not one of them. Swearing slightly, he would rush and attempt to stop her from falling and hitting her head. While this was happening, he put a hand to his headset.

"Tsukasa Mikasa you are needed in my office immediately. This is Yuu Kenshin. Yomi is in trouble." he would say urgently.

He was not a medic by any means but he did not want to move her from this position. Still, he would grab as many blankets and pillows as he could to cover her and place her head on something soft.

This was turning out to be a rough week for everyone. How was she going to take the other part of his news?

[Mikasa called]

Tsukasa Mikasa

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Mikasa's drowsily lifts her head from the workspace, her desk littered with unfinished documentation and that of a muffled groan escapes her lips. The amount of time required to complete the remainder would take a considerable amount of time, decreasing her overall activity in the academy, and ultimately souring her mood considerably. An urgent message snaps the young woman to the reality of Konohgakure, fortunately she were allowed to occupy the former Medical Sennin's office from time to time and thus leaving her ample time to jolt forward from the armchair. She scrambles over the desk, causing a majority of the parchment to scatter, oceanic optics fixate on the window that allowed her an overlook to a peaceful tranquility.

Thrusting her palms outwards, her hand cup and begin to gather electric nature chakra, "I apologize window, I don't have the time to race around the building." she murmurs, finally gaining what she wished for to only destroy the view herself. Unleashing a beam of light, the glass shatters and shards liter the air, Gigavolt Cannon</COLOR><i></i>, the medical chief streaks through the air towards the general vicinity of Yuu Kenshin's office. Gathering earth based chakra, the woman reels her fist back to slam into the side of Kenshin's temporary abode, Fist of Gaia<i></i>. Dry wall and plumes of debris scatter, Mikasa not bothering herself to offer a form of apology and instinctively searches for the Hokage, finding her form upon the floor in a heap. "What happened?" she inquires in a concerned tone, maneuvering herself to the side of the leader of Konohagakure, removing the blanket to examine her condition.

Weaving handseals, the kunoichi relinquishes the thought of conversing chakra and immediately envelops her superior in teal chakra, <COLOR color="white">Pristine Aura<i></i>, immediately placing the flat of her palm against the cloth above the woman's stomach.​
<i>​
</i>

Kishiko Nagisa

Leaf Med-Nin Sennin
Yen
ASP
Deaths
Kenshin's office was in shambles but Yomi appeared to be safe for the moment. Still, at the sight of the green aura of medical ninjutsu he leaned away from it.

"Yomi was stressed about an encounter at the gate that happened which lead to a rampaging student being killed. I asked her to come to my office to talk about something that is extremely sensitive. She did not like the topic as soon as I brought it up and.. she rubbed her head and then fell and hit her head on the desk. I have no background in medicine." Kenshin explained.

"The information I have is something you need to hear as well but I should let you focus." Kenshin would say as he moved away from Yomi and began tidying up the remains of his room keeping his back turned tot he medical jutsu being performed.

Yomi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
So what are you going to say at my funeral now that you killed me?
Here lies the body of the love of my life whose heart I broke
Without a gun to my head
Here lies the mother of my children, both living and dead
Rest in peace my true love who I took for granted
The most bomb p---y who because of me sleep evaded
Her shroud is loneliness
Her god was listening
Her heaven will be a love without betrayal
Ashes to ashes
Dust to ....

Yomi didn't dream. Instead, she was having an outer-body experience as she watched Mikasa work on her and Kenshin hoover. It was an eerie feeling and not something that she knew she could experience. The woman had been knocked out before and she even passed out before and never once could she recall being able to watch herself be nursed back to health. It was funny, exciting, and also a bit weird. Yomi wondered what else Rei failed to mention about her new role. Yomi sighed as she hovered above her own body shaking her head. It was a good time to center herself and think about what Kenshin said.

Kenshin, to Mikasa, maintained that he was telling the truth. After all, he had no reason to keep up the lie to the Medical Chief who didn't even know this meeting was even happening. Therefore, she was reasonably certain it was true. Umashi was the cloaked figure. Well, at least she could finally say with more conviction that he wasn't dead and there was someone around to prove it was more than just her gut instinct. That notion was supposed to comfort her but it didn't. The fact that he didn't come to her broke her heart in the most horrific way. Here she was working the shinobi of leaf to death and she herself was lying there half dead and he, for whatever reason, or no reason at all, could not come to her, his wife. To add insult to injury, the realization that Besito knew and couldn't tell her or he was telling her but she couldn't understand him well enough, made her feel incompetent. Yomi was spent.

"Can I just stay here?" The woman asked aloud, knowing no voice would speak back. The question was rhetorical anyway, as she felt the tug of the jutsu pulling her forward. The Hokage would stay as long as she could in this...place, hoping that a moments peace would truly find her. Yet, even that was stolen from her by the duty she could not shrug off and the diligence of the ones who kept the village afloat.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Groaning, she raised her hand to her head without opening her eyes. Even though she watched the whole ordeal, time had no meaning and she couldn't quite figure out how long she was actually laying in the Sennin's office.

"Mikasa, I'm alright" She said softly as she moved to sit up. "I've just been dizzy all day, that's all. Probably overexerted myself." The woman feigned a smile knowing that either Kenshin or Mikasa was going to rip into her in .02 seconds. Her only saving grace was that Tamashii wasn't here to complete the trifecta.

Tsukasa Mikasa

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Fortunately Yomi regains consciousness, the technique Mikasa utilizes paying dividend and in time she lowers the techniques veil. Despite the words spoken, the medical chief is unable to accept the mere statement of 'Mikasa, I'm alright.'; if that were the case then the leader of the village wouldn't have become injured initially. Understandably the Hokage is quoted as being sensitive, however anyone in the state of pregnancy would ultimately fall into this category at least once, "Please take care of yourself, as the former head of the medical branch, you should be far more aware than anyone what happens when you place additional stress onto your body." she murmurs, aiding her superior to her feet.

Pivoting to face Kenshin, the maiden merely raises a brow, not understanding the urge to turn away from medical practices; however it were ultimately his choice in the matter. Eyeing the damage to the main structure of the building she bows her head lightly, "Apologies, I heard your message and cared not for the damage I could cause to your workspace." MIkasa irritates, gesturing towards gaping hole in the wall, exposing the outside environment. "You can remove the damage fee from my personal earnings, I don't use them often enough as if." she mutters, rubbing at the back of her head sheepishly.

"You can turn around now, Lord Kenshin." she calls for the Sennin's attention, unsure of what possibly would cause Lady Yomi to faint. Little did Kenshin know, she had already discovered Lord Umashiashikabihikoji locatin within the rift. Admittedly she cared not for the details as she had performed her duty and would not be a side character in her own story, unless instructed to produce greater results. "What is that you wish for me to hear as well?" she inquires, turning her attention to the Hokage, not buying into the idea of their leader being all in one piece. "We need to figure out a method for you to ease the burden you place upon yourself.."
<i>​
</i>

Kishiko Nagisa

Leaf Med-Nin Sennin
Yen
ASP
Deaths
Kenshin would be very glad to hear Yomi's voice. He turned to face MIkasa.

"It is a hazard we all must face. If you pay for half, I will cover the rest." Kenshin would say as he made sure his chairs were in proper order around his desk and guided both MIkasa and Yomi to ones located together on the opposite side of the desk.

"I am sorry for my bluntness. I should have eased easier into the situation. I will explain what I know." Kenshyin would start "Not too long ago, an academy student tried to forcefully leave the village. The ANBU at the gate called for aid because this student was extremely powerful. I saw the flare and responded. As I arrived to the battlefield, I saw the ANBU engaging with the student who was causing explosions everywhere. However, I was not the only one to respond to the flare. Umashi was there to and together we stopped the student. The student, however, was killed in the process. I talked to Umashi after the fight and... ahem." Kenshin paused here and looked to the side "I punched Umashi in the face as I told him what leaving had done ot us all.... to me.... And.... that you were pregnant Yomi. I apologize for that. It was not my place." Kenshi nwould bow his head at that for a moment.

"Umashi says he loves you Yomi and that he is sorry. He also said, and I quote

"This is one of those times that I'm going to have to ask that you trust me. Yomi is a strong woman and I trust that those around her will do all in their power to keep her strong. The burden that I'm tasked with is great and I fear that if I don't leave soon, then my child won't have a place to call home. So please, let me go protect us from the threats that I agreed to protect us from."

He then disappeared into a portal of sorts and vanished. I... was distracted and could not save the student. I am sorry my lady. I have failed you."

Kenshin would return to looking down, cleaning his desk haphazardly with a hand to move the dust from the sudden entrance of the medic.

Yomi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The Hokage closed her eyes as she listened to Kenshin, head still swimming as she tried not to give Mikasa any more reason to fret. There were no lies in what the Sennin said. In fact, it sounded exactly like the Umashi she knew and loved, yet the act still felt foreign and insolent. He, her husband, asked her to swallow even more even though he already force fed her to capacity. Quietly she gagged on his promises and requests for trust that he thought she should freely give with absolutely no guarantees.

Umashi knew she was there. A mere look or gesture was all that she required to continue chewing and he felt no desire to acquiesce. While she couldn’t imagine what he was going through, he could not imagine what it was like for her either. None of this was recognizable to her. The reflection in the mirror was of someone else’s life, someone else’s death, because it could not be Yomi’s reality. When people said her name, the may as well have been speaking in the tongues of Ancient Kumo, since you couldn’t convince her it belonged to her.

Yet, in all of this, Umashi had already persuaded her into believing that he was like her, a deity. Except, the caveat was that she was for her people and he was only for her, because like her predecessor she was selfish. That great light was not meant for anyone else, because, in Yomi’s eyes, no one else would be able to appreciate it like she could. No one even noticed how divine he was. So, in her devotion she got on her knees daily to keep the shining light for herself but now it seems her prayers were not enough. How she worshiped, went unappreciated.

And on the times before when she was forced to watch him leave, over and over and over again, it should not have felt extraneous or personal, but familiar and by her own logic, easier to deal with. Yomi imagined that one day she would be accustomed to being a slave to it, and the back of his head. It would be just another thing that they had in common.

Alongside the twins she carried, something else was growing within her. Resentment.

The Hokage sighed and opened her eyes as she looked to Kenshin who was beating himself up over what had just transpired. While distraction was not going to absolve him of the death of a little girl, he was frustrated like her and she recognized it as such.

“Moving forward please do not relay any messages from my husband to me, unless they are his last words. Otherwise, they are not worth hearing.” Yomi would leave it there and there would be no further discussion about Umashi.

“I hope that you are mindful of remaining focused in battles in the future, Yuu Kenshin. I cannot accept the death of Ritsuko as a mere lack of focus. It is unacceptable. With that said, I understand that this was a unique situation.” The woman paused trying to find the right words.

“While you did not kill her, you made no moves to stop it. You are complicit. Even though Ritsuko is not here to defend herself I do know that she was a suspect in the Birthday Party bombing. I cannot let that fact be dismissed either. So, you and the Medical Chief will be spending a lot of time together. You will take some Medical Training in attempts to stop things like, the death of a misguided and possibly angry Academy Student, from happening in the future.” She would hear no words of protest and if she did jail was always an option.

Turning her gaze to Mikasa she continued. “I am sorry for adding to your plate, I know that it is hectic and I am not the easiest of patients.” That was an understatement seeing as how Yomi barely showed up to the doctor’s in the first place.

But, I do plan on relaxing a bit more in the home stretch.” Like the time before when Mikasa had asked her when she would slow down, she answered honestly. It wasn’t that she didn’t want to relax, it was simply that she could not. Konoha demanded everything from her and she would give it. Standing, Yomi would leave Kenshin’s office to mull over all sorts of things, mainly her marriage.

[TLUS]

[ooc: IC’LY Kenshin must take at least 3 medical tutors with Mikasa. OOC Kenshin should pick up some Med Jutsu (although I cannot force you to do that, IC’LY should something like this happen again, Yomi will probably chew him out.) Kenshin, in your post, IC'ly let Yomi know if you agree to those terms or not.]

Kishiko Nagisa

Leaf Med-Nin Sennin
Yen
ASP
Deaths
Kenshin nodded at Yomi's first instructions. He understood. And he understood the chastisement of the death of a student.

However her last order strike him harder than any punch he could throw. As Yomi began to leave, Kenshin would hold up a hand.

"My lady. I... Kenshin's voice faltered. Kenshin was a man of actions and of straightforward language but this was something that he had kept private for a long time. No one in leaf knew. It was on no file. He made sure of it. It was his one act of insubordination so Stone let it slide.

"What I am to share with you is to never leave this room. Never. If I hear it spread, I will return to Stone." Kenshin said calmly but firmly.

"You have read my file my lady Yomi. Everything in the file is true except for one thing I had deliberately changed. My marital status says single never married.
That is a lie."
Kenshin would stand up and look out the window. He could not look at them.

"That is a lie. I was married once. Hikaru was their name. We were both shinobi. They came from a reputable house and so did I. Old Stone clans. The marriage was not arranged but was heavily pushed. We both were... given a list to choose from. Out of all of the first dates, we clicked better than others and within a year were were wed. We didn't love each other at first but we grew closer with time. We worked on the same squad and they were also in the main branch. We were happy."

Kenshin paused to take a few breaths. He swallowed hard.

"It was not meant to be. During a mission, which was a routine one, we were attacked and Hikaru was injured. We had a medical ninja on our team and they attempted to heal Hikaru. I remember that night in my nightmares. The cold rain against my skin as I helped our medical ninja work on my beloved. Their blood on my hands. The stench of blood in my nostrils. I...

Kenshin stopped and just looked out of the window for a full minute.

"The medical ninja did not save them. Instead by the time we began to move they were on the cusp of death. By the time we got to our village they pronounced them dead. I was inconsolable. Then I overheard a brief comment. That it could have been avoided but the medical ninja on my team didn't know what he was doing and that it was preventable. I... I lost control." Kenshin said his voice low.

"I lost control and I almost killed my remaining teammate. If I had not been stopped, I would have killed him. This man who I had known for so long was incompetent and it had cost me everything. I did not kill him but he will never be a medic again or a shinobi. I made sure he could never use jutsu again." Kenshin's voice would regain some of its power.

"That was when I decided to move to Leaf. They were accepting volunteers. I made a decision that day I signed the papers. That I would never slack off on training and I would train the next generation so that this would never happen again. Since then, I have never been to a hospital. My knowledge of medical jutsu is basic and I have never expanded upon it. I rely on my own body and no one else's."

"This is my story my lady. That is my darkest day. For you, I will try to do as you ask but I cannot guarantee succes or any outcomes."

Kenshin would sigh loudly and his hands would move to his face.

"I think I will need some time alone. I hope you do not mind." Kenshin would ask in a small voice and not turn around to them.

topic left

Tsukasa Mikasa

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Despite Lady Yomi's words, Mikasa still doubtful that the Hokage would take the liberty to lessen the burden on herself; the maiden finds herself unsure if the next bump in the road would have her nearby. Reluctantly she accepts the task of aiding Yuu Kenshin in the basic medical techniques, merely nodding her head, "As you wish." she bows her head politely prior to listening to the shinobi's tale of Lord Umashiashikabihikoji, "Interesting, considering his current whereabouts are in a rift above the village I located - able to go as he pleases?" she inquires aloud, not understanding the battles taking place in his personal story; holding zero significance to her own. "I'll continue to research an entrance point, if possible to locate." she assures the superior before falling silent.

Yuu Kenshin appeared quite troubled, his story of being in a relationship prior peaks her interests, as many couple in Konohagakure remain silent of the status. Unfortunately, as most stories in the village tend to become, the Sennin's tragic and unexpected backstory comes into light. The fear of the medical techniques were seemingly due to his lack of being able to aid his loved one when it mattered the most. "It is not any of my business to address you in this matter, however, if you are to come across a similar situation again then you should be as knowledgeable as possible." Mikasa addresses the older shinobi, making her way towards the gaping whole in the abode/office. "Furthermore, if I am not near and Lady Yomi needs aid, then you should be prepared. Contact me when you feel you are ready." she grips upon the ragged edges, examining the damage she caused. "I apologize for your loss, I know it must not be easy to be reminded."

Gesturing towards the exposed drywall, "I'll have this fixed by the end of the week, at the latest." she mutters before leaping forward to the terra below. One odd bit stuck out to her, Kenshin stating he would leave the village if others find out of his backstory - an odd bit of information to get worked up about to the extent of threatening to leave a village. Never the least, she shakes her platinum mane, adding another task to her plate and satisfying Yomi's continuing workload onto the Medical Chief.

[OOC: Topic Left]​
<i>​
</i>

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back