Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

To sleep, perchance to Dream [Open]

Sagasu Yume

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Night. In most villages it was a favoured time of many shinobi but in Sunagakure what happened on the surface hardly affected what went on below. Merchants bustled about their duties in their stalls. Artisans worked on their newest creations. Students hurried between classes. Everyone had their place and it kept the village running smoothly. On this evening, one MiT was not where she should be. Instead of heading home after her shift in the hospital, Yume sits, perched gracefully atop a jagged tooth and gazes out into the swirling maelstrom of silica. She could hear the bustle of her home bubbling up from below but from this distance it was nothing more than a din, just loud enough to keep her from enjoying the solitude she had been seeking. Creeping as close to the exit as she dared the young Sagasu peers into the darkness in hopes to catch a glimpse of the moon, or perhaps even the stars. With a wistful smile she remembers what it was like when her father would bring her here on the rare calm night and show her how the stars had guided him to the hidden village. He had come as an emissary in hopes that his home and Suna could be allies. Riki had only been in the village for a few weeks when he had heard of the demise of his home. With no where to go back to, he petitioned the Kage to allow him citizenship and refuge in the great city in hopes that he could lend his service to the hoped for ally. Shortly after he met Inuzuka Kara, a caring an intuitive woman who could tell that as much her lover was grateful for the asylum that he had been granted, he would never be comfortable so far underground. Against her family’s wishes, they eventually moved to the surface with their 2 year old son. That was 23 years ago and a lot had happened since then.

Closing her eyes for a moment and listening to the wind, Yume tries to tune out any unnecessary noises and begins to meditate. There were choices coming up in her life and she was not looking forward to them. How was she to tell her brother that she would be requesting to go as a field medic on a surface mission? As far as Shinji was concerned, neither one of them had ventured up since they moved into the village proper. He would be most upset to find that she came here on almost a weekly basis to offer orisons to Mother Suna and think about their life before their parent’s deaths. In his mind it was the past and as such should be left there. For a brief moment the winds settle and allow Yume a clear view of the sky where the bright orb of the night can be seen, aloof from all the problems of humanity. Starting in the pit of her stomach, the Inuzuka can feel instinct call to her and it isn’t long before she leans her head back and howls. It is the mournful bay of a lost soul seeking earnestly to know its place in the world.

Mother… Father… I love you.

Chikara

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Autobiography said:
I found myself coming to the Maw less and less often lately. I suppose it could mean I was starting to give up hope on my mother coming back to the village, but I found myself drawn to the village entrance this night. I sat at the entrance as normal, or nearby at least, and watched people walking by. Each person with red hair that went by was another disappointment. I wondered why I even bothered to make my way there so often. It only brought up bad thoughts to the surface, but I thought this night that maybe I wasn't the only one.
There was an older girl there who looked to be around the age that I appeared to be. I looked up at my key's face but it seemed like he was resting. I decided I would approach this stranger and attempt to make contact. It seemed like there was something on her mind, and I guess if there wasn't she wouldn't be wasting her time around the village entrance. I walked up behind her and looked up at the back of her head as she sat atop that tooth. I was only a few feet away so I doubted if she hadn't heard me coming, and if she was a shinobi she definitely would have heard me coming, but I wasn't used to starting conversation with strangers so I didn't know what to do.
I stood there awkwardly for a moment and just as I was about to say something, a rather distracted ANBU patrol bumped into me and I stumbled forward and fell in front of the tooth. I landed on my back, waking up my key as he got sandwiched between. I looked up at her and waited to see if she responded to my clumsiness before I got up to introduce myself. It was an awful experience but I needed to get used to it or I'd never get over my social awkwardness.
"H-hi there, I'm Nenogami. I saw you here by yourself and th-thought I'd come and keep you company." I avoided eye contact with the woman, rubbing my arm and ignoring my rather large key's rather irritating facial expressions.
[WC:368|Topic Entered]

Sagasu Yume

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The abrupt entrance of the strange looking girl gives Yume a bit of a fright, causing her to leap up in a ready crouch on top of her perch and drop a kunai into her hand from the belt around her midriff. It wasn’t that she didn’t hear her come up, it was more the blunder that ended with her on the ground looking up at the MiT. Realizing what had happened; Yume quickly puts the weapon away and jumps down to help the girl up.

Sagasu Yume. Are you alright?

She scowls over her shoulder at the ANBU who had jostled Nenogami and carried on without a second thought. It was just like those guys to consider themselves above manners. With deliberate motions, Yume brushes some of the dirt off of the redhead’s shoulders and upper back, taking in her unusual appearance. It wasn’t peculiar for shinobi to incorporate bandages into their wardrobe. In Yume’s case it was functional for holding her chest under her halter top as well as her kunai around her middle. It was atypical for someone to exclusively wear bindings. Aside from her clothing, the keys that adorned the woman’s body were most unique, especially the one in her head. Wait... Did the one on her back have eyes? Strange.

I wouldn’t mind the company at all. I was simply reflecting on my past and contemplating a few choices in my future. I don’t believe we’ve met… were you in my class in the academy? How old are you? 18? 19? You look like we should be close in age.

Chikara

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Autobiography said:
It was something that one would expect from a normal person. Under normal circumstances I wouldn't let a stranger near me, let alone touch me, but I was trying to be social so I let her help me. I kept my eyes open and on her while she helped get dust off of me from my fall, just because I was a very cautious person. I didn't want her to touch either of my keys, which would cause me to really react and ruin any chances of friendship. I was noticeably cringing but I didn't say anything, I was afraid that if I did I'd say something bad. My large key rolled his eyes but didn't seem too angry, if anything he was confused as to why I would let this girl touch me when I normally didn't let anyone I didn't know touch me. He didn't understand, he didn't know what it was like to want friends but no social skills to get any. He was a key.
"I'm alright, and my name is Nenogami." It took me a moment before I could say anything, but when I could I introduced myself. When she asked about my age I didn't have to think about it, I just ignored the facts. "And yes, we do look to be about the same age." Sometimes my mind would intentionally block my real age from me so I wouldn't get worked up about it. I suppose it was a personal defense mechanism my body developed over the years, and it made me forget a lot that I wasn't as old as I looked. Suddenly I decided to change the subject, now that I'm looking back at it I probably did it to keep from remembering.
"What kind of choices? Are they… Life or death?"

Sagasu Yume

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The way Nenogami specifically said "look" the same age made Yume question the meaning of the statement. Were they not the same age? Was she older or younger? It didn't really matter as age was irrelevant when it came to being a shinobi. People grew up in their own time, some earlier than others. When asked about what her choices were, Yume twisted her lips in a contemplative expression and looks to the side.

No. Not life and death, per se. It could lead to death, but the decision itself isn't. I'm going to be asking if I can do a surface mission as a field medic. Doing the mission isn't the issue, it's telling my brother. It's unspoken around our house, but the surface is forbidden. I'd get an ear full if he knew I was even this close. We just don't, not any more... not since we moved into the village proper.

Settling back down onto her perch, Yume leans back on her hands and swings her legs over the edge. Nenogami appeared to be a little awkward but she was trying and in Yume's eyes it was beautiful. So many nins kept to themselves and refused to speak to new people. Social etiquette creeps into her mind and she realizes that it would be polite to ask more about this new person. Despite being relatively open with others, she still found it difficult to remember that it wasn't all about her. Her mother would always remind her that other people had different interests and experiences. It was beneficial to ask about them in order to learn from their experience.

Have you... have you ever been to the surface before?

Chikara

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Autobiography said:
Her story was interesting; I wish I had a brother. My family was big, but there was something about the bond of a sibling that intrigued me. My father and uncle are so good together; Uncle Jin helped my father with the clan affairs and raising me ever since he was turned into a wolf. Despite not having a sibling of my own, being raised by two siblings made me feel like I understood the relationship. The truth is that I don't think I truly understood at the moment, as I wondered why she was so concerned. I thought he would understand, she was a shinobi and shinobi do missions. I thought he should have understood that when she first entered the academy, but I didn't think of the possibility that not every sibling relationship was the same, just as not every family was the same.
"Your brother should understand. He loves you." Of course that statement was a generalized statement, but from the way she spoke it sounded like he did. It sounded like she was worried that he would be mad. "I don't have a brother, but my father and uncle love each other. When father joined the Tadashii and wanted to return the Faita family to power within the Tadashii Uncle Jin was furious. Decades, generations, staying away from them and cursing them, but Uncle Jin forgave him and understood why he did it." Of course the girl probably wouldn't know of the Tadashii, but the idea was still recognizable to some extent.
While I spoke I found it hard to maintain eye contact with her. She seemed nice enough, but I wasn't used to talking to strangers this much. I continued to rub the back of my head the entire time, creating a red mark under my hair line above my neck. I could feel it but I kept going, I could also feel the key's confusion. He wasn't used to seeing me like this either, and to be honest I was very uncomfortable. I wasn't sure if she could see it or not, I think my lack of eye contact probably could have given it away, but she didn't seem to let it affect her. Instead she went to asking me a question.
"The surface? No, not that I can remember at least." I looked up through the maw, at the sky. It was dark and the stars were out over the desert. I wondered what it was like out there, and I wondered about my mother again. "One day I'll go out there, I'll travel to another village. Maybe I'll travel around and try to find my mother…" I let out a soft hum and returned my indirect eye contact to her. I couldn't help but be a bit curious as to why it was forbidden in her household to go out onto the surface. So I asked.
"If you don't mind my asking, why is it forbidden? To go out to the surface that is…"

Sagasu Yume

Yen
ASP
Deaths
((((I haven't forgotten! I've been crazy busy this past week with work. I have the post 80% typed up, just going to throw the finishing touches on it hopefully tonight and post it up :3 ))))

EDIT:

Her eyes peer out into the blackness while she listens to the story about Uncle Jin. The girl spoke as if she should understand the story, and while she didn’t it seemed that it was a common enough scenario of a sibling disagreement that was put aside for love. Yes, Shinji did love her and it was that love that made them worry for each other.

We used to live on the surface, or at least the near surface. Father was from another village. He was visiting Suna when his home was destroyed and had received asylum. I’ve learned that other people aren’t as used to the subterranean lifestyle as we are. Both Father and Mother died up top. Riki, our father, died when he was on a mission and was assassinated for being an ‘Outsider’. Kara, our mother, died during a sandstorm. That’s when Shinji and I came to live in the village proper. He worries that if I go to the surface, I might not come back. I believe Mother Suna will take care of me, he thinks that she wishes to claim our whole family.

With a side glace to Nenogami, Yume notices that she is avidly wearing a patch into the back of her head. She gives a soft smile, hoping to ease the girl nerves as she reminisces about how she was never more than two feet from a family member growing up. If you ever caught her alone, she would stare at her feet and blush. How unusual that such a shy little girl would become so out going. Loosing ones parents could have quite the impact on a person’s life.

Mother? Did she leave Suna? Or did you come here with your father? Having grown up near the surface, I can assure you it would be almost impossible to cross the storms with an infant. You hold resemblance to a couple of renowned Suna families which makes me think you were born here. Am I right?

Her tone held no accusation or suspicion, but rather was more a kin to the curiosity of a child. For a small moment you can see her inquisitive nature show itself before vanishing behind a soft smile of assurance.

Of course, you don’t have to answer. I just ask a lot of questions. I find it’s the easiest way to get to know someone.

Chikara

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Autobiography said:
I listened intently at her story, to the best of my ability at least. It did seem that Mother Suna, if she existed, wanted to claim them all. I still didn't think that was a reason to fear the surface, especially when traveling in a large group. With people to look after you, there was nothing a probably nonexistence goddess could do… Then again, if something did happen to her it would cause her brother to be all alone and be more afraid of the surface. Then again, fear shouldn't control a person's life. One can't live their entire lives under the surface… Just as I shouldn't live my life by fear, but the darkness must live under the surface.

"In my religion, we believe that the God Itami controls the sands. Itami is the god of hate and anger, and is the fiercest of the gods. Mother Suna doesn't sound like that; she wouldn't let you die in the desert. Have faith and she will guide you, or whatever you guys say." I continued to rub the back of my head and avoiding eye contact. "Itami is not a nice god, but he has been attached to the Faita clan for generations. This is why the Faita hold the Sunaku bloodline more often than not. My father was more so connected than most, which is why he was turned into a wolf; he was cursed by someone and he took the image of Itami."

Then she asked about my mother, and I realized I didn't know much about my mother's departure. I knew she was a traitor, but I didn't know much else. Uncle Jin told me that before my father became a wolf he told him that my mother was starting to lose her mind because of a power she had come across. She left shortly after giving birth to me, probably thinking it would be better for her not to raise me. I couldn't say if that was true or not, but I think having a strong female role-model, at least that's how she sounded from the stories I had heard.

"Yes, she left Suna. I hold true that she'll return. Maybe not today, or tomorrow, but she'll come back… If only for her daughter. She is of the Yamazaki clan and my father is of the Faita clan. I don't hold myself to either, though I do live in the Faita mansion. Iori, one of the medical chiefs if you know him, tries to take care of my psychological needs… Mainly my social adverseness." I added that last part with a quick burst. I didn't want this person I just met think I was crazy, though it might be perceived since I had a key going through my head.

Sagasu Yume

Yen
ASP
Deaths
I believe she will guide me too. I don’t think she had anything to do with my father’s assassination or my mother’s death… if anything it sounds like Itami is the one who took mother, but I’m not angry. Both Shinji and I have become better people for it. We’re closer now.

Reaching up and resting a hand on Nenogami’s upper arm, Yume applies a little pressure but doesn’t restrain the girl. It’s simply a gesture to let her know not to worry so much. There was no harm here and if there were, it wasn’t from Yume. Her ears perk up at the mention of the Faita’s connection to Itami. Were the Inuzuka derived from this fearsome god as well, being ones who could communicate with the feral beasts?

Does your father still speak in common? My mother was an Inuzuka and I inherited the bloodline. I have a dessert fox that is usually with me but I asked him to stay at home tonight. I wonder if Itami had a hand in the creation of my family traits… I grew up away from the main house so I don’t know its history. Even now when I go back, my mother’s sister has deemed Shinji ‘impure’ because he doesn’t hold the family traits. She seems to neglect the fact that my mother didn’t either. I’m not really sure why I was blessed with them.

Yume listens as the woman continues on to talk about her mother. Even though they had never really met, it was wonderful to see the link between mother and child. The mention of Iori make’s the MiT crinkle her brow slightly. She had heard of him but didn’t know enough about him to make an assessment on if this girl’s care was in good hands. He was a Medical Chief so that should say something to his expertise, but what about his bedside manner?

I’ve heard of Iori but as and MiT I have never had the opportunity to meet him directly. I’m glad you are receiving the best care. If this is you being socially adverse, then you are doing quite well. I think when your mother returns she will be quite proud to find how you’ve grown up.

Chikara

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Autobiography said:
I was glad to hear she didn't fear the 'Mother Suna' figure, or going out onto the surface. Then she did something I didn't expect. I breathed in sharply as I felt her hand rest on my shoulder, but I didn't try to knock her hand away. I let her rest it there because it felt good having someone gesture to me like that. Then she began speaking about her family's lineage as Inuzuka, and how she inherited the traits. She believed it might have been possible that Itami had something to do with their family being connected to the be Inuzuka bloodline.
"It is very possible. Many generations ago a member of the Faita family indulged completely in the power of Itami, then he had a child shortly before he died. Ever since then our family has been connected to the god and the Sunaku bloodline because of his power over sand. It's possible that a member of your family, many generations ago, also absorbed the power of Itami. If he or she was in the Tadashii they would know he was the strongest of the Gods, and maybe want that power to themself.
"They probably didn't jump into the power, though, like Faita Chi. The Faita are plagued with a sickness because of that, and have to be sealed upon birth so the power doesn't overwhelm us. A lot of the time the seal causes us to go crazy, and develop darker sides. I was one of them, but mine is more powerful because I have the Yamazaki line which is connected to Ai, the strongest of the Goddesses. They created a new seal for me, which was even stronger, and this key in my head holds the power of the darkness so it cannot be released…"

I lifted my knees and wrapped my arms around them. I knew the entire history of the Tadashii, it was taught to me growing up because I would one day take control of the Tadashii. The day I received the Jounin rank I was given the title of leader among the Tadashii, second to none in power over the religious order. Though they have been starting to form a council, which can overturn any decision of mine by a unanimous vote. For now, I control everything, but I don't wish to. My father should be ruling over the Tadashii, but he's a wolf and can't perform the duties needed.
"Iori is smart, and he's been a good help. I should go see him tomorrow, he'll be glad to hear I've actually been socializing with people." I let out a faint grin but then swallowed it. "I hope she'll be proud, but even if she's not I'd just be happy to have her back. It's my birthday in a few weeks, what a good birthday present that would be."

Sagasu Yume

Yen
ASP
Deaths
You manage your curse very well. If you hadn’t said anything, I wouldn’t have known the purpose of the keys. I initially thought they were for aesthetics, like my clan marks... but I suppose like my 'fangs', yours also hold a purpose to your family. Curse or no, you're a beautiful lady and you're very sweet. I find that curses which are ignored or not understood can be more dangerous than those which are studied. You’re lucky to have people who care for you so.

In Yume’s mind the reason why so many would take care of her was because she had a big family and they must love her. It never occurred to her that power may be the cause of such an arrangement. The girl’s reaction after speaking of such things was contrary to how Yume would expect her to react. Was she upset that these people loved her? Or was it because of the darkness that she spoke of? It would make sense that she wouldn’t want the darkness. It sounded like a terrible burden to bear. At the mention of birthday, Yume lights up. To the naïve woman, birthdays are a time of celebration.

Birthdays can be fun. Is your family holding a party for you? With a large clan such as yours I’m sure your family gatherings would be a spectacle. How old are you turning? Is that too rude to ask?

((Super short post... what's with me today v_v''''))

Chikara

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Autobiography said:
I hadn't realized just how much I explained about the curse, and yet how little I really had explained. If she only knew what my darkness really held. It was not only death and despair, but the power to cause it. If I unlocked the darkness there was no telling what I could do. I wouldn't tell her that, there were very few people who knew the truth about the darkness and why it had to be sealed away. My father's darkness, when he was younger, was disposed of by unlocking the power that the seal suppressed. My darkness was created from the power.
"I suppose I am… Lucky that is. My father cannot speak but I can tell he cares about me, he even helps me train. Though he can't make handseals his Sunaku heritage still shows and he can cast sand Ninjutsu." I rubbed the back of my head once more. I made a slight humming noise as I gathered my thoughts. "But it's still not the same as having father who could hug me, or hold me, or give me advice. Uncle Jin had to take on that for him, and I'm sure it makes me a burden for him."
She seemed to be excited for the thought of my birthday, but I've never been too happy about the approach of another year without my mother, and another year since my father was turned into a wolf. For me it wasn't a time for merrymaking, or celebration. For me it was a day of thinking about what could have been. I spend the day at the gates and wonder what the past 10 years, in this year's case, could have been like if dad was human and mother never left us. A big happy family. I often get lost in my fantasies and spend the whole day sitting perfectly still.
"No party. I'll spend the day at the gates waiting for my mother like I do every year. Though we do have family gatherings sometimes when we can. To me, though, the whole of the Tadashii is my family. So my family is a lot larger than my clan." I spoke without mentioning how old I would be turning on purpose. I still didn't want to reveal my true age, and I suppose I didn't want to admit it out loud either.
[WC:395|MFT]

Sagasu Yume

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Yume thinks on the girl’s situation and what it would feel like to have a father that you still had but couldn’t talk to. Losing her father at the age of 9, Yume got used to not having that loving voice around. She had her memories but now it was just her brother and her. She was rather thankful for her situation now as she was convinced that it would have destroyed her if she could see her parents but not hold them or tell them she loves them.

You know, as an Inuzuka I can understand canines, including wolves. I could translate for you if you would like the words to come from your father but I suppose if there are others who are blessed of Itami that they would be able to talk to him as well.

Yume tries not to look disappointed about there being no party. She knew she wouldn’t be invited but to her it was important to take time to celebrate. Suna wasn’t an unfriendly village but there were a lot of serious people who could use a break at least one day out of the year. The girl didn’t seem upset by the fact that there was no party so Yume didn’t press the issue any more and let her customary smile come back.

Having your mother back would be the best present ever. Forgive my ignorance, but who are the Tadashii?

Chikara

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Autobiography said:
I thought it would be nice to be able to talk to him. If I could talk to him maybe I could learn more about my mother, things that only he knew and my uncle didn't. It would nice for sure but I didn't want to waste a complete stranger's time. I believed that one day he would be human again and I could talk to him and he could hug me like a father can only do. Until that time I didn't want to have his words translated to me, it just wasn't the same.

"That's okay. I can wait." I wondered what the girl would think of me now that I said that. Maybe she would think that I didn't want to talk to my father, or perhaps that I was lying. I suppose I didn't really care at the time anyway, which is why I didn't think about that possibility until after I had already said it. She was still a stranger after all, why would her opinion matter to me? One who has never had any friends.

"The Tadashii," I began in response to her question. "are a religious order. We believe in a pantheon of gods, 3 brothers and 3 sisters, and we believe one day there will be peace all across the lands. No more wars and no more fighting. We have been waiting for one with the essence of both Itami and Ai in a physical form to open the doors and unleash the gods…"

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back