Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Touch, Eat, Kill [Open]

Akako

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Project (赤子) Red Child
Status

“What’s a soul?”[lb2][/lb2]

That was a question that has been plaguing philosophers and theologists for years and will continue to do so for many years to come.[lb2][/lb2]

“Can you touch it?”[lb2][/lb2]

In Buddhism, there is various ideas about what there is after death, often boiling down to the idea that nothing is permanent – even the being. In Hinduism, it is the true self, the essence of an individual. In Taoism, they believe that a person has two souls: hun and po. Whatever the case may be, it was quite the valid question in a place of academia.[lb2][/lb2]

“Can you eat it?”[lb2][/lb2]

But, when directed at young, impressionable ten year olds being trained to be child soldiers. And doing so in a manner almost threatening. One must rethink how they pose such a question lest they get in trouble with the law.[lb2][/lb2]

“Can you kill it?”[lb2][/lb2]

Alas, Akako has yet to learn the art of tact. They’ve yet to learn so many things, in fact. Which is why it is rather fitting they’ve lost and found themselves in a place of learning.[lb2][/lb2]

“Are you a soul?” they ask this with a straight face as they stare unblinkingly, head on. At a young boy who looks like they’re about to burst into tears. The poor lad was unlucky enough to be heading home from school when the kunoichi stumbled upon him. Though they, themselves, could pass off as a young teen, the unsettling aura they held about them is unmistakable. How one like this would even be allowed through the village gates, nobody knows. But, obviously, they weren’t a Suna Nin with the lack of headband or symbol on their person.[lb2][/lb2]

Assimilation. There was no need to regenerate or preserve for the moment. So, they wanted to learn.[lb2][/lb2]

“Well? I need answers.”[lb2][/lb2]

Main Status: Assimilating[lb][/lb]
Preservation Mode: Active[lb][/lb]
Assimilation Mode: Active[lb][/lb]
Incognito Mode: Error[lb][/lb]
Battle Mode: Inactive[lb][/lb]
R͞͏̴̶̮̤̼̱͓̙̭̲͔̦̣͖̪̀e̡̫̻̩̦͍̖͢à̢̛͕̼͔̗͉̖͔̠̝̠̺͈̣̲̰̩͎̱̩͝p͓̪͉̝͚̣̰̮̼̼͓̰̀̀͘͞͝é̢̢͚̭̣̮̞̜̲̕r̴̛̦̳̺̯̣̹͚̣̗̰̙͇͈̖̤̗͝ͅͅͅ Mode: ?¿?¿?[lb][/lb]

Akak0_zpsa524mupr.png

Please be patient. This is my first time RPing in about two years now. Also, marking for training on May 14-20 2018 at 300 words.

[thead]
[/thead]
[tbody]

[/tbody]

Mikaboshi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
PC: Sunahoshi Katsuo

"Doesn't look like that kid has any answers for you," Called a stern voice with a slight metallic reverberation to it from behind where Akako was leaning forward towards the young man they'd cornered. "So why don't you let him run on home and we can continue this conversation between us."

Artificial light from the underground light sources gleamed off of the surface of the suit encasing Katsuo's body and a long white scarf drifted peacefully behind him as he slowly paced forward towards where Akako had cornered the young man that they'd been addressing. Almost bug-like in design, the helmet of his suit was smooth and a vibrant green in the same way his hair had once been-- a flourish of Caliburn's more developed sense of humor, he assumed --but heavily resembled the body enhancing suit he'd once wore to maintain his health. This one was of a different suit-- it wasn't just meant to support and reinforce his body's ability but to enhance it. He didn't reach for the holy blade which was sheathed at his back just yet but that was only because he wasn't ready to escalate things yet.

Katsuo didn't recognize this person as a notable member of the Sunagakure shinobi corps but the sickening sense of dread that they held around their presence was tangible from some distance away. The Tenth Kazekage had made the mistake before in the past assuming that an individual with sufficient strength that he didn't recognize was an agent of the daimyo but that possibility was always at the forefront of his mind. Their troubles with the de facto government of Wind Country were far from over and the war was only beginning to escalate so it made sense that they might start seeing infiltrators sent by the daimyo's regime sooner rather than later. It was a move that Katsuo was constantly on the look out to spot before things went down the same road as they had with the Cabal occupation.

"I'd prefer if this didn't escalate to violence but I'm only going to ask you once to let the kid go."

It was fair to say that he was jumping into this situation with the subtlety of a crashing bull but the expression on the face of the boy that was being confronted by Akako said enough for Katsuo to want to get involved. He'd been drawn here by the feeling of intense unease that radiated from the location but it had been the look on the kid's face that had motivated Katsuo to make his appearance in full cowl and gear. While the pace at which he approached the two was slow, Katsuo could cross the distance between them in the span of a heartbeat if Akako decided to make a hostile move towards the kid they had cornered and was fully prepared to do so.

"So what's it gonna be chief?"

Akako

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Project (赤子) Red Child
Status

The boy was let go with no trouble. They paid the child no further mind as they ran off, crying to their mother, while all focus is honed in on this… strange looking person. After all, there was no malice – apparent when they turned toward the newcomer with a look of curiosity and confusion. That was a good thing, wasn’t it? That they meant no harm. Or perhaps, that only made them all the more dangerous?[lb2][/lb2]

Tilting their head to the side with a look of confusion, their brows furrow and a pout played on their lips. “Why would this escalate to violence? I was only seeking answers. Is this not a place of learning? Do these things often become violent?” Tapping a finger to their lip, they let out a huff before their pout turns into a grin. People are normally… happy, right? When people pay attention to them? So they need to smile too, even if they don’t quite feel happy.[lb2][/lb2]

They were confused. But they were trying so hard to act how they think they should act. It’s difficult when you’ve got two voices in your head, teaching you opposing views. Akane says to be calm, diplomatic and show authority. Akihiko tells them to be friendly, appear disarming yet harmless. But, no matter what, both teach them to be wary. And this man seemed someone to be wary about unlike the poor child from before.[lb2][/lb2]

A hand is raised. But not to harm. Rather, it was raised in an awkward form of greeting. That’s how this is done, right? “You’re talking to me, right? Because my name isn’t Chief. I’m Akako! Nice to meet you! You look like a grasshopper! You’re cute! Maybe you can answer my questions instead?” Something in their brain tells them people liked being complimented too. It seemed like something they needed to do now. Even if it doesn’t make sense.[lb2][/lb2]

All things considered, Akako is doing quite well.[lb2][/lb2]

Now, if only they can avoid getting themselves killed.[lb2][/lb2]

Main Status: Preserving[lb][/lb]
Assimilation Mode: Denied[lb][/lb]
Incognito Mode: Initializ- Error[lb][/lb]
R͞͏̴̶̮̤̼̱͓̙̭̲͔̦̣͖̪̀e̡̫̻̩̦͍̖͢à̢̛͕̼͔̗͉̖͔̠̝̠̺͈̣̲̰̩͎̱̩͝p͓̪͉̝͚̣̰̮̼̼͓̰̀̀͘͞͝é̢̢͚̭̣̮̞̜̲̕r̴̛̦̳̺̯̣̹͚̣̗̰̙͇͈̖̤̗͝ͅͅͅ Mode: ?¿?¿?[lb][/lb]

Akak0_zpsa524mupr.png

My heart, Katsuo ;o; Such a warm reception

[thead]
[/thead]
[tbody]

[/tbody]

Mikaboshi

Yen
ASP
Deaths

Akako's attention shifted almost immediately from the boy to Katsuo and as soon as it did he absconded into the shadows of the underground city with all due haste and Katsuo was glad for it. If Akako turned out to be an enemy this area would rapidly become too dangerous for an academy student. He wasn't certain to what level Akako possessed shinobi abilities but the rancid flow of energy around them made his stomach uneasy not unlike the sinking feeling one might get while standing at the edge of a cliff. It was a sensation that very clearly communicated one thing from his instincts: danger.

Katsuo arched an eyebrow beneath the visored full-face mask that he wore as a look of confusion came over Akako's features. He wasn't sure if they were even talking to him or if they were talking to themself but as it seemed as though the question that they'd asked to nobody in particular was answered as the confusion gave way to a blossoming smile as though they'd struck a realization that pleased them.

Raising a hand in greeting, Akako greeted Katsuo in a surprisingly warm manner by introducing themself and making some commentary about the suit he was wearing. It was the first time he'd ever had his suit commented on as 'cute'. Most people thought it was ridiculous. The word that Shizune had used to describe it was "ostentatious". Still, it appealed to something in Katsuo and that made it special to him. Perhaps it was because Caliburn had created it for him? Or perhaps it appealed to him in the same way that her projected female form appealed to him-- it appealed to him because it was manifested as an amalgam of aesthetic choices that he found appealing. He often avoided thinking on it given the confusion nature of it.

The sensation that you are feeling is not unlike the ability of your sennin Senju Kazuki. Katsuo felt Caliburn impart to him in the confines of his helmet. It is unlikely that she is of ancient biology but her abilities may be similar.

Katsuo was more than familiar with Kazuki's fighting style. Kazuki was a sage not unlike Katsuo but one that walked a different, darker path. Normally Katsuo would never have associated himself with someone who would wield powers like that but despite the morbid source of them Kazuki seemed genuinely concerned with the greater good and so Katsuo found himself trusting the man. Still, Kazuki had proved to be an exception among scores of necromancers and dark servants that he'd dealt with in the past that had proven themselves to be dangerous enemies. Raising his own hand, Katsuo ran the fingertips of his right hand gently across the front surface of his helmet causing the physical helmet to peel back in a fragmented nature-- disappearing into dull sparkles of chakra as he dismissed it.

"Name's Katsuo. Nice to meet you Akako." He replied, quashing the gentle ripple of concern that Caliburn sent through his body at his approaching someone who radiated rancid chakra without his helmet on and his weapon drawn. "Why don't we take a walk back to my office and I'll answer your questions on the way?"

That would give him some time to explore Akako's personality a bit and assess how much of a threat they really were. There were too many variables to assume that Akako was a threat that needed to be put down without asking a few questions. That had gotten him into trouble in the past and led him to make mistakes that he'd sworn he'd never make a second time.

Takahashi Aki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Katuso had this habit. It was a lot like the one Sousuke himself had. Both of them had this habit of disappearing for a few hours on end, and returning with several injuries. Between Katuso and Sousuke it was hard to tell who it was that was worse/better at doing it. Katuso was of a high and mighty bloodline of individuals being the Sunahoshi, and Sousuke was their retainers who some would argue was also a high and mighty bloodline. One would not see that considering Sousuke's appearance.

The Steward stood shorter than Katuso, and curiously it was Sousuke who was the unarmoured one in this case, or rather not as seriously armoured. The Steward wore his orange scaled formal wear, which one may as consider it to be armour, considering the epaulettes were Takahashi Fire-Forged steel. Curiously no one had yet seen what he was capable of or what he could withstand in this 'armour' as it were. The Steward stood with his hands behind his back as he was being approached by the two. The first he knew was Katuso first and foremost. The second was a curious individual. His purple eyebrows raise a little as the individual came into sight. Red eyes were not irregular, but it was a particular shade that he was remembering someone who he had ... entertained? Yes. Entertained in his household. That was putting it mildly, considering one of the two individuals was a peculiarly flirtatious individual. Thankfully it was during a time that his parents were AWOL/presume dead. Suffice to say, Sousuke was used to having very curious house guests.

The Steward had received a call from a concerned individual, and then from another. He was present but not before Katuso who had engaged their new found guest first. Some questions were asked, they had not been answered, and curiously mayhap they were ignored and or forgotten for the time being. "Chief is being used in the absence of a name, which of course we now know."<i></i> He spoke mechanically. "Hello Akako. I am Takahashi Sousuke the third."<i></i> He would add. He did not have an unpleasant tone with him, but there was a metallic resonance to it. Names held power. No family name was provided by either party. In the curious case of Katuso, he preferred it being 'just Katuso' when in fact he was pending the day, company and the time Masashi Katuso or Sunahoshi Katuso. Perhaps that would be something to come later considering the fact that the two people had engaged in a conversation and had invoked both of their given names. Sousuke broke the trend in giving his surname. Not that there was the expectation that his name carried a tremendous amount of weight in this particular instant. He would continue to observe. The previous questions, he would pause before giving out a long drawn out answer. "The soul is the spiritual essence of a human being that remains after the body becomes rotted or decayed. A soul is present in both a living and a dead entity. The human body encased the soul until such a time the body expires or if a soul is pulled out of an individual through a means of a darker power. The soul is what enables a human to essentially be a human instead of a machine, the soul is capable of emotional responses be it joy, sorrow, laughter, so on and so forth. It is the defining trait of humanity."<i></i> He was speed talking. "The soul cannot be devoured in a traditional means. It is not something that one can grasp at unless you has the ability to seen the spiritual, have a connection to it, or can sever it accordingly. It does not provide the same type of substance to an ordinary individual like say ... a steak would."<i></i> The next two questions were somewhat answered. Touching it, eating it. "A soul can be killed, which is a taboo of sorts in most cultures. Some consider it an affront to the human condition."<i></i> The last question. The Steward quietly considered. He looked over to Katuso. "A soul defines an individual and its traits. It's more apt to say a soul is contained in the two of us. Yes."<i></i>

MFT 711

Akako

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Project (赤子) Red Child
Status

Nodding, the younger skips behind the armoured man, all too willingly. They copy the motions and the nuances of the children they’ve seen playing hopscotch on the other side of the academy ground. “Kat. Su. O.” Akako tested out the name, letting it roll over their tongue before grinning. “Isn’t that a tuna? I heard it tastes good as sashimi.” Not that they would know what tuna tastes like. They’ve merely heard it in passing from them. For their short waking life, they hadn’t had the chance to experience Mist’s luxuries. All they’ve had to eat thus far was rice, bread, cheese and m e a t. But, it must be something really delicious if it had the two happy. Their mouth watered just thinking of how it might taste like.[lb2][/lb2]

Sand nin and strange one could go no further though, as another newcomer joined the fray.[lb2][/lb2]

Though, this time, no words were needed for Akako’s attention to be drawn to them.[lb2][/lb2]

Their mouth truly watered now as the stranger approached. Blood rushed to their ears along with the mad beating of their hearth. A rhythm like drums. Ba bum. Ba bum. A slight flush came across Akako’s cheeks and their red eyes widened and glazed over in delight and wonder. They stepped unconsciously towards the former Kazekage at that. Not only did this stranger named Sousuke bring answers but also… something else. Something familiar. And the strange nin was drawn in like a dog to a scrumptious treat.[lb2][/lb2]

Looking like this, with such an expression on their face, they might look familiar to Sousuke too. Too familiar, in fact. They bore the exact same face, if not quite the literal face of the Shoukyou twins. And the near lustful, hungry expression looked too much like Akihiko. If it weren’t for their white hair and the red stitches across their skin, they’d very well be indistinguishable, a triplet to the twins.[lb2][/lb2]

“So. Us. Ke.” they purred the name, with much more care then they did for Katsuo’s. If Akako likened the bug armoured nin to a tuna, Sousuke might as well be prime meat.[lb2][/lb2]

Well, Death did have a way of leaving their mark.[lb2][/lb2]

There is no warning. Not a sign of what was to be done. When, in the blink of an eye, arms lunges forward and (at the very least, attempts to) wraps themselves around Sousuke’s waist. A hug. Though they do not know that action is called this. All they know is that they needed to get close to it as much as physically possible. And, unless Sousuke were to pull away or avoid the younger nin, Akako would be like a cat, rubbing their face to the Sand nin’s side.[lb2][/lb2]

Main Status: Error[lb][/lb]
R͞͏̴̶̮̤̼̱͓̙̭̲͔̦̣͖̪̀e̡̫̻̩̦͍̖͢à̢̛͕̼͔̗͉̖͔̠̝̠̺͈̣̲̰̩͎̱̩͝p͓̪͉̝͚̣̰̮̼̼͓̰̀̀͘͞͝é̢̢͚̭̣̮̞̜̲̕r̴̛̦̳̺̯̣̹͚̣̗̰̙͇͈̖̤̗͝ͅͅͅ Mode: ?I¿n?i¿t? Error[lb][/lb]

Akak0_zpswldn6rgo.gif

Two Kazekages? You flatter me! Hope it's alright that Akako can sense you've been around the twins in the past, Sousuke. I'll have to edit this otherwise, haha.

[thead]
[/thead]
[tbody]

[/tbody]

Mikaboshi

Yen
ASP
Deaths

Akako sounded out his name and remarked that it was also the name of a particular type of tuna-based sushi. Having lived most of his life in the heart of the desert and frontier of Wind Country, Katsuo only barely knew what sushi was. He recognized the word but had no context to link it to other than he knew it was a food made from rice and cuts of raw fish and vegetables. He'd certainly never eaten it before so he had nothing to say to Akako's commentary that it was as tasty as sashimi. For that matter, he'd never had sashimi before either. Still, it seemed like they were at least non-threatening. He couldn't account for the bizarre, rancid aura of chakra that radiated from them but Caliburn had picked up on it being extremely similar to Kazuki's abilities so the possibility definitely existed that they weren't inherently a dangerous individual.

Sousuke arrived unexpectedly as Akako finished tasting the syllables that made up Katsuo's name and launched into an exhaustingly lengthy explanation of philosophical theory on the nature of the "soul" and what it actually was. Despite chakra science making leaps and bounds of advancements with each passing year, researchers and mystics alike were still no closer to understanding the true mysteries of the soul. The creation of life and the true transgression of the barrier between the world of the living and the world of the dead were both subjects of study that consumed the professional and personal lives of shinobi sages the world over and likely always would. Katsuo shuddered to think what might happen if someone out there managed to finally crack that secret and take the ability to truly manipulate life in that manner into their hands.

Listening to Sousuke's lengthy exposition regarding Akako's question on the nature of the soul, Katsuo tucked his hands at his waist and in a flash of green-gold energy the glossy steel and dermal mesh of his suit evaporated into a flush of chakra sparks that almost looked like cherry-blossom petals revealing his attire beneath the armored suit to be a pair of white linen pants and a long white and black haori beneath which he wore no shirt at all and Tatsumasa hanging at his waist. The motes of chakra swirled for a heartbeat before dissolving into the air around him as Katsuo slid his hands into the pockets of the long linen pants that he had been wearing beneath the armored suit and quietly contemplated how Sousuke could have heard Akako's question about the soul at all considering that he hadn't been present when they'd asked it. He figured he'd find out later, or at the very least eventually Sousuke would get around to telling them before they both fell asleep during his lecture.

Lazily turning his eyes from Sousuke to Akako, he noticed them sound out the syllables of Sousuke's name as they had with Katsuo's before Akako crossed the distance between them in a heartbeat and wrapped their arms around Sousuke's body in a tremendous hug. Katsuo had immediately cursed his complacency in letting down his guard as Akako advanced on Sousuke but it rapidly became clear that they weren't attempting to harm him. Despite the overwhelmingly sour aura that oozed from their spiritual presence, there had been no malicious intent in their movements.

"So... I guess you two already know each other?"

Takahashi Aki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Sousuke was unsure of what to do with himself right now. He was being hugged? Hugged? This was the correct term for this, in essence, wasn't it? He stood there with a human hanging off of him. Said person, Akako, was rubbing their face into the Steward. He stood there assessing the situation. Perhaps it was because he had seen so many people do this sort of this before, or perhaps it was unconsciously done the Steward would raise his metallic hand and gently pat Akako on the head. Was it the right thing to do? Maybe. One good motion deserved another.

Katuso would ask Sousuke if he knew Akako. His gaze would shift to the ceiling for a moment. Katuso knew this gesture coming from Sousuke many times. This was his deep thought process coming into play. The last few seconds would play again, again, and again. He was very much trying to put this mystery to bed. His mind would freeze frame each and every single second it could. It Katuso was bored or getting sleepy with the Steward's talk on souls, which in itself was a curious thing given the nature of the man, then he may as well be in a deep sleep during this study of the scene which now had unfolded before them.

Freeze frame. Sousuke's mind froze at the moment an expression in which the flushed cheeks occurred. The scene was slowly playing out frame by frame. In real time seconds were passing but Sousuke in his research skills, or investigational nature was putting things together much quicker. Eventually his mind had cross referenced several individuals and cross references an image of Akihiko. Mentally Sousuke was scratching his head. He was looking at the two of them side by side in his mind's eye so to speak. Curious expression. Not something that happened every day. The hair colour did not match. The eye colour was off. The data was insufficient. There was something. Sousuke wanted to rule it off as coincidence, but he didn't. He still needed more time. Time was a curious thing. The Steward remained very much the same man he looked in his twenties. Maybe it was good genes or perhaps it was luck. Things changed around the Steward, but the Steward himself saw very little change in himself.

"Not that I know of."<i></i> He answered Katsuo finally. For Sousuke to give that sort of response was awkward. The Steward turned his gaze down to face the Kazekage. "That being said ... this person in what limited time I could do a broad mental cross reference ... "<i></i> Sousuke's expression which rarely changed seemed to convey a sort of hesitancy in this. "Mmmm..."<i></i> Sousuke would then proceed to turn his gaze down to the fluff of hair that was rubbing against his armour. "Please be careful. I would very much like it you don't cut or injure yourself upon my scaled suit. It would be most ... unfortunate."<i></i> He spoke, there was a long pause of sorts where he was expectant of Akako to comply.

Akako

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Project (赤子) Red Child
Status

Still latching on to the Steward, Akako purred and answered with a cheery: “No! We don’t know each other at all! At least, I don’t think so.” They bent their neck back to nearly inhuman angles to look back at Katsuo with a grin before blinking. “Wait, where did tuna fish go?” Eyes looked around, overlooking the man who had changed out of his armor. Obviously, the concept of changing appearances was something new.[lb2][/lb2]

Hell, clothes were still quiet the foreign concept for them. And they were only wearing some now because Nanami, the doctor they had met before coming to Sand, told them those were a necessity.[lb2][/lb2]

Looking back at Sousuke, they went back to rubbing their cheek on the larger man with a laugh. “Hey, Sousuke, did you see where Katsuo we-“ Before the question could be finished though, there was the sound of ripping and an annoyed yelp. Akako quickly jumped back away from the Steward but that only seemed to aggravate whatever was going on.[lb2][/lb2]

It seemed that several of the red threads adorning their person had snagged on one of Sousuke’s scaly spikes. The ones on their neck, to be specific. And pulling away only tugged at them further, causing several long strings to snap. “Oh no, not again,” the clone hissed, clutching at their neck when their head started to loll forward.[lb2][/lb2]

But it was too late as their head, from the neck up, fell and dangled from their neck, only held up by the last of the strands so that they were face first against their own chest so that Sousuke was seeing the fluff of their hair once more and Katsuo was presented with a nearly headless person. Their hands moved to cradle their head before it fell to the ground with a sigh of exasperation.[lb2][/lb2]

Their body hasn’t been quite the same since they started falling apart upon the Dark Sage’s awakening. And it was only with Mizushima Nanami’s help that they had managed to stay in one piece. Death seemed insistent on claiming them. Something in their head told them only the twins can fix this problem. But, until then, it was quite… troublesome.[lb2][/lb2]

Main Status: Preservin- Error[lb][/lb]
R͞͏̴̶̮̤̼̱͓̙̭̲͔̦̣͖̪̀e̡̫̻̩̦͍̖͢à̢̛͕̼͔̗͉̖͔̠̝̠̺͈̣̲̰̩͎̱̩͝p͓̪͉̝͚̣̰̮̼̼͓̰̀̀͘͞͝é̢̢͚̭̣̮̞̜̲̕r̴̛̦̳̺̯̣̹͚̣̗̰̙͇͈̖̤̗͝ͅͅͅ Mode: ?I¿n?i¿t? Error[lb][/lb]

Akak0_zpsa524mupr.png

This is so cute, I'm dying

[thead]
[/thead]
[tbody]

[/tbody]

Mikaboshi

Yen
ASP
Deaths

It seemed like Akako was so absorbed in their attention being put upon Sousuke that they didn't notice as Katsuo's suit faded away into chakra particles and thus as they returned their attention back to him they found themselves confused about where the masked man they described as "tuna fish" went. Katsuo arched an eyebrow at being referred to as "tuna fish" but at the end of the day it didn't harm anything to let them call him that. The confusion was short lived as they lost interest in where Katsuo had "gone to" as quickly as they'd taken interest and went back to nuzzling into Sousuke which, in itself, was weird enough even without any of the other things that had been said or been done thus far. It seemed very much like his initial assessment that Akako might be dangerous was probably false or at least half-right. They might be a dangerous person because of their apparent... quirkiness but they weren't dangerous in the sense that they were actively looking to harm anybody.

As Sousuke warned Akako to beware the edges of his own suit of armor, a thread from what looked like a garment of clothing that Akako was wearing caught on the very piece that Sousuke had cautioned them about and in a moment of things going from bad to worse for Akako the thread snapped and revealed itself not to be a part of their clothing but rather a cord that seemed to hold together their very body as their head lolled forward and rolled into their hands. As soon as it seemed as though there was something wrong, Katsuo moved forward and was standing next to them to help steady Akako to ensure that they didn't trip over themselves and fall down but soon he found himself helping them hold their head up as an expression of familiar irritation crossed their features.

Apparently this was something that happened frequently enough for Akako to be accustomed to it.

For Katsuo's part, he'd never seen someone lose their head quite so literally before. Being a martial artist, former mercenary and now a shinobi he was familiar with the sight of people losing limbs and even their heads. Decapitation wasn't an entirely uncommon thing on the battlefield, especially against creatures like demons and youkai and as a result he was not particularly squeamish but he still found the scene of helping someone hold their still living head in their hands as they complained about it "happening again" somewhat startling if only because he was not accustomed to heads still being alive and talking after they were separated from a body. Concern for Akako's well being welled up and mixed with his confusion as he looked from the relatively clean stump of their neck back down to where he withdrew his hands and allowed Akako's head solely into their own grasp.

"Are you... okay?" He asked, realizing what an absurd question it was even as he asked it.

Takahashi Aki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Sousuke was wary. He would look to Katuso, "Ah. Yes. Katuso, or Tuna Fish, he's right there. He just no longer wearing the armour."<i></i> Katsuo's armour had mystical elements to it, and was not hard science. He doubted that Katuso could even given him a proper answer as to how it just peels off of him. If Sousuke were to explain his process, the entire thing might put him to sleep. Katuso was not heavy into the details. It was something that he would have to get into sooner or later. The Kazekage did not beleive in the ends justifying the means, and Sousuke wondered if for Katuso what was more important the journey or the end goal itself. Sometimes people thought it was the journey and not the destination that mattered. Such a concept was strange to the Steward.

A yelp and a tug later, Sousuke looked to see that threads were indeed stuck in his scaled suit. He warned that this would happen, and it did. He looked from the threads now to ... a head that was lolling? "Again."<i></i> He repeated, "As in this has happened before. Okay then."<i></i> He ruled out loud. The good thing was that this happened before, which meant that this could indeed be fixed. The head would then hit the ground. Sousuke would walk forward he would hold out his metallic hand and little instruments would pop out of the finger tips. He would look down to his suit. "Let's not make any more sudden movements. Let's get the threads ... out and then we can re-stitch the head. I can ... well..."<i></i> He removed the stitching from his suit and then when there was nothing left he would promptly remove his scaled suit and put it off to the side. He would approach with the bits of string. "We can try and fix this a number of ways. I can fix the fibers of this stitching, and then we can ... run the stitching again? I'm sure the patterning is something I can replicate? I'm ... adept at looking at for patterns."<i></i> He paused for a moment. His expression soured. "You do ... want me to fix your head right? I mean I'm asking for permission first because ... consent, and ... I'd rather not defile your personal space... I mean we deeply embraced, but there's a difference sometimes. Susposedly. How are you ... your blood flow must be exceptionally well controlled."<i></i>

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back