Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Tracking the Illegal Apothecary [SSM Series]

Kanagawa Nozomi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
1400 word minimum
wC303TN.png
Part 1
Gathering Intelligence​
Kaori's mission, this time around, was to track the location of where the toxin NX-212 was being produced. It was an illicit toxin that is being added into medication. The toxin's effects are psychodelic in nature. The toxin alters how synapses within the brain fire, causing the brain to detect senses differently, even crossing how the body perceives sensory input. This effect is very similar to synesthesia but the effects can cause permanent neurological damage. The side-effects, however, was what the Retirement Home that Kaori had infiltrated was after. Due to the effects of the toxin, it causes obedience within the user, making them extremely vulnerable to impression and suggestion. It is this side effect that the shinobi fear more than the threat of brain failure. If a shinobi was being poisoned with NX-212, they could easily lose their allegiance and fight for someone else. The fact that this poison also doesn't kill immediately and can become habit forming makes this all-the-more dangerous tool for interrogating spies.

She was given explicit instructions to not engage in combat, but to simply discern the location of the apothecary first. She was given a headset for this mission so she could communicate with her Mission Coordinator. She was currently dressed in a sun-dress, blue ribbons covering her horns, a straw hat, and a pair of sun-glasses. The headset in her ear was covered by the large blue ribbons. "==Remember, you are to act like a tourist. So try to remain as discrete as possible. You are here for the Kunogomi Festival of the Sun. People are gathered here to celebrate their sun goddess. The stipend you were given is for playing the festival games so you could blend in. We expect the remainder of the money afterward. Remember that your job is to find the location of the lab and report it back to us.==" the buzzing in her ear said to her.

"Yeah, I gotcha," she said to herself as she started to walk up the hundreds of steps to the festival plot. She started to walk up the stairs only to see children playing along the path and older, teenaged boys making a shady exchange with one another. The Ryuugan was activated but concealed by the sunglasses, being able to see all around her. After she witnessed the strange exchange, she tracked where the boy went. The boy jumped onto the stairs and made his way up not too far behind Kaori. She continued up the steps and took a quick break. The sweat started to bead up on her skin and the sun continued to beam down upon her. The boy that made the shady exchange spoke up to her.

"A long climb, huh?" he asked with a smile on his face. This caused Kaori to slowly turn around and look at him with a smile and a nod. "Yes, it's quite the climb. I'll be fine though," she said as she nodded. "Well, then have fun at the festival alright?" the boy said as she waved goodbye to Kaori and continued up the steps. After taking a moment to catch her breath, she continued up the steps seeing the boy up ahead of her. She kept an eye on the boy before he peeled off away from the steps just before reaching the apex. She continued to track him for a moment only for her Ryuugan's limitation to kick in, not allowing her to see through trees and thick foliage.

"I saw a suspicious exchange not to long ago from a teenaged boy. He went up the steps and turned left just before the top of the hill. He might either be throwing people off or the lab might be built in to the side of the hill," she said coming up with a strange theory. The Coordinator copied Kaori's response. "==Very well, investigate the area under the cover of night. Make sure you mark where he left the trail for easier tracking.==" the coordinator said. Kaori looked around and noticed a few rocks near where the boy had left the trail. She stopped to 'take a break' and started to kick rocks into a pile so she could use it as a signal of where to turn off. She piled the rocks neatly on the left side of the steps so people wouldn't accidentally trip over it and to make the pile look relatively natural.

After marking off the location, Kaori walked up to the festival grounds and looked on in amazement. Everything was so lively, the people were happy, and the music was great. The smell of food wafted through the air. De-activating her Ryuugan, she removed her sunglasses and laced them onto her straw hat and a huge smile came across her face. "Well, if I am stuck waiting until night, might as well enjoy myself! Yahoo!!" she said as she ran into the festival and was prepared to have a fun time. She played a variety of the festival games, tasted so many different foods she had never tasted before, went on some of the festival rides and had an over-all good time.

Night came before Kaori could notice. Everyone was gathered at a location near the shrine giving Kaori the chance to slip by. When she slipped by, she placed her hat and sunglasses in a remote location, not needing those where she's going. Having those would make her silhouette much too large for something as covert as she was trying to do. She activated her Ryuugan once again and made her way towards the stairs, slowly descending down the stairs until she came across her pile of rocks. They seemed relatively untouched for the time and nodded. She stood there for a brief moment, watching people walk by only to slip off of the path once the coast was clear. She walked off of the path and found herself in a dense forested area.

She heard whispering from within the forest, causing her to hide behind a tree and listened. The quiet voices spoke about a new shipment of a new poison that was even better than NX-212. The dose of poison had a more intense effect and the dependency rate was MUCH higher than NX-212. She heard that the poison was called NX-213, which made Kaori wonder how many iterations of this poison had been made or if that was a convenient method of naming the new poison. She continued to listen in before the boys started to walk away. She let the boys walk away before putting her hand up to her ear. "Base, it's me. I heard 2 boys talk about an upgrade to the NX-212 poison with a stronger effect than NX-212 which they are calling NX-213. I'm in pursuit of these boys now," she said before receiving confirmation from her coordinator.

She could still see the boys with her Ryuugan and at every opportunity, she walked stealthily through the forest to try to keep up with the. She followed the boys until they approached an unassuming rock. One of the boys inserted something into a small keyhole in the rock causing the rock to roll over for a moment. One of the boys told the other that he'd catch up and with a quick wave, one boy went into the rock before it rolled back over. "I don't like being followed. Come out, little rat," called out a familiar voice. Kaori continued to watch on for a moment without coming out. "I know you're out here!" the boy said before Kaori took a deep breath and came out of hiding.

The boy from earlier looked at Kaori with a confused look on his face. "What are you doing out here. You shouldn't be here."

"Sorry, I couldn't hold it in and all of the bathrooms were being used up so I walked out here into the forest to use the bathroom," Kaori said as she approached the boy. He reached for a blade down by his side. Kaori didn't need to move her eyes towards him to notice what he was doing. Not only was he reaching for his blade, but he was also reaching for his ear. Before the boy had a chance to react, Kaori caused a blue dragon to appear upon her fist and with a swift punch, she rammed her fist into his ear, breaking the headset and his hand. With a couple of quick blows to the boy's face, she finished it off with snapping the boy's neck. She then dragged the body away from the entrance and started to plunder his body. After a moment's search, she found the key that the other boy used.

"I got the key to their base in my hand. Their base is hidden under a large boulder that is key-operated."

"==Alright, mission completed. Stay put for further instructions. Hide the body while we get confirmation on your next objective.=="

"Alright," she said before turning to look towards the boy's body. Certainly he was a nice boy, but the fact that he is dispensing this nasty poison made him out to be scum in her eyes, causing all sympathy to disappear. She dragged his body and began to bury him into the ground as she awaited further instructions.​

WC: 1543
Needed: 1400 for double
Reward: 6000 Yen

Kanagawa Nozomi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
1400 word minimum
wC303TN.png
Part 2
Infiltration​
"==Orders have come in. You are to infiltrate the apothecary base camp and track down the main laboratory. Once you have tracked down the main laboratory, await further instructions.==" the call rang in her ears, not giving Kaori any time to respond. Clearing her throat, Kaori tried to remember every last detail of the boy she had recently killed and with a quick handseal, she transformed into the boy, taking on his very appearance. She then cleared her throat to try her best to emulate his voice. Once she felt confident enough with her emulation, she used the key she took off of the boy's body and inserted it into the rock. This caused the rock to slide open for a moment, giving her just enough time to slip in before the rock closed behind her. The rock closed with a loud slam, causing her to jump a little bit.

There was a stairwell going down in a tight hallway lined with torches. She started to make her way down the stairs only to come across a couple of boys around the age of 14 and 15 walk by her. "Oiy! Jousei! What took you so long?" asked one of the boys.

"I was hungry and decided to get something to eat at the festival. I was out doing things all day and forgot to eat," Kaori said trying her best to emulate the boy's voice. The other two looked at the disguised Kaori for a moment, cocking a brow and looked over Kaori's disguise for a moment. This caused Kaori to grow a bit anxious, believing they saw through her disguise. Afterward, the boys shrugged their shoulders and turned around and pat Kaori on the shoulder. "Well, good thing you showed up now. The boss sent us to go looking for you. The meeting is about to start. Let's go, yeah?" the one talking before said as Kaori willingly followed them towards the meeting room.

Upon entering the meeting room, she noticed a long table with children in their mid-teens lining the table. The other two boys split from Kaori and took their seats. She paused for a moment to take everything in before taking her seat. "Well well well, the man of the hour decided to show up," the one who was seemingly in-charge of this operation said. The one sitting at the head of the table stood up and cleared their throat, adjusting her long hair out from over her face. "Now that Jousei finally graced us with his presence, we can start with the meeting," the woman said before reaching into a pouch that rested upon the table and pulled out a single blue tablet. The tablet was semi-opaque with a large 'NX' etched into it.

"This here, boys, is NX-213. The street name is 'Color Venom'. I want you all to distribute this poison to as many people as you can. To businesses, to people, to everyone.
As you all know, this poison has an interesting side-effect. I aim to reach higher heights than most and build an empire. And with this little poison here, we can achieve that. Not only does this poison have psychodelic properties, but it also allows us to implant suggestions into people's minds. Basically, we can make them our little servants. How would you all feel to be the kings of all of these people that have turned their backs on you? Considered you outcasts in society? That sounds fantastic, doesn't it?" she asked with a big smile upon her face. The other boys cheered and gave fanfare for the woman's speech. As a means of blending in, Kaori also cheered and rooted for this to happen. However, she knew that if this poison got out on the market, that society can potentially crumble.

The woman pocketed the single blue tablet back into her bag and sealed it shut. It seemed that tablet was probably the original prototype version of the poison. Perhaps it was also an extremely concentrated version of the poison. The woman raised her hand up once to silence the crowd and Kaori followed this. "Everyone, pick up your bag of poison in the lab. The lab just finished with an entire pallet-worth of this stuff so pick some up. The going price is 400 yen per pill. We will start distribution tonight after the fireworks are completed. After giving them a pill, demand that they take it right then and there. After they take it, implant a suggestion to buy more and tell others about it. They will be the ones to spread the word about 'Color Venom' which will make it launch into popularity. Once we get enough buyers, we will then begin our plan. You are all dismissed," she said as the boys all stood up and started to make their way towards the lab only for Kaori to be stopped by the woman in charge.

"Jousei, I need to speak with you real quick," the woman said as the boys all went "oooooooooooo" in sync with one another, instigating and expecting Jousei to be punished for arriving late. The other boys cleared out leaving Kaori, or rather Jousei in this situation, alone with the ringleader of this apothecary 'business'. Kaori turned around and approached the woman. "You wanted to see me?" Kaori asked as the woman gestured for Kaori to have a seat. Taking this gesture,
she took a seat near the head of the table where the woman resided.

"Tell me, Jousei, why were you late?" the woman asked.

"Well, I was hungry so I decided to go to the festival and get something to eat. I didn't even enter the cave," Kaori mentioned. It was true that the boy even stated that he'll be a few minutes to the boy he was with. She ended up taking what the boy said and running with it.

The woman flipped her hair a bit and shook her head. "You need to learn to concentrate to priorities, Jousei. This isn't the first time you've done this. I've been nothing but kind to you since I took you in, haven't I?" the woman asked only for Kaori to lower her head and nod, playing the role of the boy.

"It was I who took you in from your abusive parents, wasn't it?" the woman asked as Kaori nodded again.

"It was I who gave you food, water, clothing, and a place to live when you were abandoned by your village, wasn't it?" she asked once more. Kaori nodded again.

"Don't forget that, Jousei. Don't be late again or else you will no longer be a part of the family, alright?" the woman asked. Using a faux knee-jerk reaction, Kaori gritted her teeth and nodded her head. The woman reached over and placed a hand upon Kaori's head with a smile. "Good, now let's go and build ourselves and empire, hm?"
she asked before standing up and walking out of the room, leaving Kaori by herself in the meeting room. Once the woman left, Kaori pressed a finger up to her ear and spoke.

"Base. I'm inside of the Apothecary Base and there was just a meeting with the leader. There were at least 15 boys here under the leader's command. The leader is a woman of about 30 years old with long green hair and yellow eyes. She unveiled NX-213 as a poison that can cause hyper-suggestion in those that take it. She plans on building an empire of mindless zombies with it. The boys that distribute the poison are also outcasts that she recruited and manipulate for her deeds. I am to report to the lab to pick up a bag of the NX-213 poison. I will be leaving the microphone on hotmic, be sure to record everything," she said with a simple click of the base's mic as confirmation. She cleared her throat, stood up and left the meeting room.

Kaori looked around and started to silently and verbally dictate how to get to the lab from the entrance. She gave as detailed of directions as she could, going towards where she saw flocks of boys coming out of what she assumed to be the lab. After following where the boys were coming from, she found herself in the lab with a single person standing in a medical white coat handing out bags of the poison to the youngsters. "Late as usual, Jousei?" the chemist said before Kaori, as Jousei, nodded her head. "Yeah, I was a bit hungry so I decided to get something to eat before the meeting. Didn't seem like the boss was too happy about that,"
Kaori said as she placed her hand behind her head and laughed uncomfortably.

"The more I see this lab, the more interesting it gets. It's a surprise that you're the only one who concocts this stuff. But why the name 'Color Venom'?" Kaori asked.

"Oh, you know why I called it 'Color Venom'. But yes, it can be quite trifling to do all of this on my own. Now that you twerps have received the last of the poison, I need to work on another batch. The boss can be so damn demanding," the chemist said. Kaori clicked off hotmic as she phrased her words to give base all the information they needed.

"==Mission Complete. You found the lab, good. Play along for now and standby to await further instructions.==" the coordinator back at Konoha stated.​

WC: 1570
Needed: 1400 for double
Reward: 6000 Yen

Kanagawa Nozomi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Part 3

1600 word minimum
wC303TN.png
Part 3
Execution and Exfiltration​

Kaori, disguised as one of the boys belonging to the organization, stretched their arms as they continued with little small-talk with the chemist. She wasted time with the chemist to buy herself time for new orders. Since this man is really the only one that knows how to make this poison and the only one that actually creates it, she could easily shut down the operation if she was given the order to either take the man in or assassinate him right here on-the-spot. The chemist then grumbled at Kaori and waved her off mentioning that he needed to get back to work. As the man turned, the headset buzzed with orders.

"=Your final assignment is to assassinate the chemist and make your way out of there. We will have field agents intercept the distributors of the poison. By killing the chemist, the creation of NX-212 and the new NX-213 will be halted. Before you leave, you need to destroy the lab and all of it's documents as well so nobody can replicate this poison. Understood?=" Home-Base said to Kaori. Kaori gave an audible 'mmhmm' to the headset, attracting the attention of the chemist.

"Mmhmm, what?" the man asked in a cranky manner. Kaori perked up as the man's eyes moved towards Kaori as she looked at him for a moment and waved him off, as if to say 'nevermind, don't worry' in a non-verbal manner. The chemist grumbled once more and returned to his work. Kaori then hid within the laboratory for a moment before walking up behind the man and putting him into a choke hold. However, due to Kaori's size, she had to jump on the man's back. He struggled and slammed Kaori against the wall a couple times, knocking over instruments within the lab before a quick snap could be heard. Kaori broke the man's neck, releasing her grip from him and caught him before he fell.

She wrapped her arms around the man from behind and looked around for a place to stash the body. She looked and looked until she noticed a cabinet large enough to stash his body. She stashed the man's body in said cabinet and quickly transformed into the man and then worked out his voice. After closely emulating the man's voice, someone walked into the lab, wondering what all the commotion was all about. Kaori, now disguised as the chemist, shook his head and looked around at all of the damage to the lab that was done. She put her hand behind her head and laughed. "Oh, this? I guess I'm just a little tired and I stumbled, trying to catch myself from falling. I'll be alright, I just need some air," Kaori said in her best impression of the man. One of the boys that stayed behind looked at the doctor inquisitively for a moment and shrugged his shoulders.

"If you need to go outside to get some fresh air, do it. But do it discretely," the boy said before Kaori waved him off in his usually rude manner. Kaori did her best to mimic the man's behavior, as rude and mean as he would be. The boy vanished away from the lab before Kaori spent a few moments to clean up the lab and gather her nerves. If she didn't do everything that she did in a timely manner, this could have gone very, very wrong. The most difficult part is now something she had to perform. She had to destroy the laboratory discretely without anyone knowing and then escape from the base. Kaori got to work gathering up all of the paperwork into a single pile, a pile that she will be destroying here soon. There were enough torches in the lab to start burning all of the papers with the chemical formulas and the recipes on how to create the poison on them. As soon as she gathered all of the papers, she turned on one of the burners and pretended to play with chemicals, trying to keep the facade of being the chemist in the apothecary base.

She started mixing things, turning on the torches with empty bottles, breaking a few bottles in the process. She had the papers spread near the burner and discretely moved the papers towards the burners, catching a corner on fire before tossing the burning pile into the sink to let it burn. She continued to non-chalantly destroy things before someone walked into the lab and noticed the burning. Kaori looked at the boy, feigning ignorance before 'realizing' what was going on and turned the water on. She cursed loudly as the papers were burnt to a crips and now water-logged. This attracted the boss of the illegal operation with the woman tilting her head at the scene.

"What the hell happened here?" the woman asked in a stern and pissed off voice. Kaori started to panic and began to explain herself before the woman came face-to-face with the chemist with a look of death in her eyes. Her eyes shifted from Kaori to the burnt stack of papers and then back to Kaori. "Care to explain?" the woman said. Kaori laughed a bit and pointed to her head. "Just a little accident. I have everything up here anyway so it shouldn't take me too long to write it back up," she said as the boss looked at her for a moment and raised a brow. "Better get it done then. No more screwing up. We need the next batch in 3 days tops,"
she said before pushing her hair over her shoulder and walking off.

Taking a deep breath, Kaori shook her head and went back to 'work'. The woman returned to the lab and punched Kaori in the face, pushing her completely out of her transformation. "Our chemist didn't wear lavender scents!" the woman said with Kaori having her back to the wall, surrounded by the boss woman and about 3 of her goons. She sucked air between her teeth for a moment and looked around for an exit strategy. The most important part of the lab was destroyed, maybe she can 'encourage' the others in here to destroy the lab. Kaori winked at them and dove between the woman's legs and started to run around the lab. The woman-in-charge shouted, as she pointed towards Kaori, "Catch her and don't let her escape!"

She ran around the laboratory, causing a great deal of devastation in her wake as some of the boys used fireball jutsu, several lightning jutsu, and other extremely devastating jutsus within a small space. "Stop that, you idiots! You're going to~~" she said before a fireball smacked into her, causing a massive explosion, ejecting glass, chem equipment, and bodies out of the lab. The fire left behind from the fireball jutsu touched some of the explosive chemicals inside of the lab, causing a secondary explosion, ejecting the chemist's body onto Kaori. After the body landed on her, knocking the wind out of her, she eeped as she saw whose body it was that had landed on her.

Now, it was time for her to make her escape. After she dusted her self off from the explosion, she noticed the fire was starting to spread throughout the cave. Her eyes widen as she noticed the boss of the illegal operation standing with red eyes in front of a backdrop of fire; something you'd normally see in a movie or a comic book come to life. "You! You ruined EVERYTHING!" With this, Kaori waved at the woman with her fingers, "Toodles!" before she started to run through the caves, trying to remember her way out, trying to reverse the way she entered with the directions she gave to the shinobi via headset. Upon making her way, she found herself at a dead-end, the moving rock. She cursed under her breath and turned to look at the woman in charge of the operation being infuriated at what just happened.
"A little girl! A little girl did all of this!" she shouted out.

"Shouldn't have been making poisons that hurt people! You are profiting off of other people's misery. I should kill you too, but those weren't my orders," Kaori said in a more serious tone. The two of them started to cough as the oxygen began to get increasingly lower and lower as the fire began to spread. "We need to get out of here before we both die!" Kaori said before she began to cough. The other woman continued with her coughing fit before she flipped a middle finger at Kaori. She reached for her side and pulled out a sword. Kaori pressed her back against the wall as the woman approached. Just as the woman was going to lunge, the rock wall moved, causing her to fall on her back just as the blade pushed right where she would have been. The blade was instantly stopped and a large stone-hand slammed directly into the woman's face. The large stone hand then grabbed the woman and threw her down to the ground, knocking her unconscious.

Kaori looked around and coughed as she saw shinobi of Konoha grouping together with a bunch of the boys tied up. The large man with the stone hands closed the rock, letting the lab burn to a crisp. "Oh man, it's so good to see you guys," she said before falling unconscious. She woke up a couple hours later in the hospital with a shinobi sitting by her bed. The shinobi was the large stone-handed man. "You did well. I personally didn't expect you do perform the way you did, but you did well. Expect more jobs from us in the future."

"Who are you?" she asked as she sat up in the bed.

"Who I am, personally, isn't important. But your work had caught the eyes of an organization called 'The Atelier'," the man simply stated before setting an envelope on the bed next to Kaori. "That's your payment for this job. Keep up the good work. We will keep in touch."​

WC: 1671
Needed: 1600 for double
Reward: 9000 Yen
[SSM mission series completed]

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back