Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Tsukomogami Yuki > Shinrya Miyako

Yotta Ryusui

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
B-Rank
Old Character Name: Tsuchimikdao Yuki
Old Village/Missing: Leaf
OCR Type: Retiring to Yamanaka Shusuke's NPC
Last Known Where-abouts: https://ninpocho.com/threads/surgery-101-event-mission.65920/
Old IC Rank: Student

New Character Name: Shinrya Miyako
Preferred Username: Shinrya Miyako
New Village/Missing: Cloud
New BL/CA: Uchiha
Old IC Rank: Mednin

Custom Class:
Custom Class said:
Code:
[u]Wounded Princess[/u]
[b]HP:[/b] (45+lvl) x stamina
[b]CP:[/b] (45+lvl) x chakra control
Class Bonus: +5% Auto-dodge and Auto-hit
[i]High:[/i] Ninjutsu Accuracy
[i]Average:[/i] Dodge, Gen Save, Gen DC
[i]Low:[/i] Melee Accuracy, Ranged Accuracy

Old Stats
Agility: 55/100
Stamina: 55/100
Ninjutsu: 55/100
Genjutsu: 55/100
Taijutsu: 55/100
Chakra Control: 55/100
New Power level: 330

Old Jutsu
[ B L U D G E O N I N G ]
Bunt E-Rank Mastered
Pound E-Rank Mastered
[ B U F F ]
Charge E-Rank 1
Grip E-Rank 1
Block E-Rank 1
[ N O N - E L E M E N T A L ]
Transformation E-Rank 1
Body Switch E-Rank Mastered
[ E A R T H ]
Sinkhole Fist D-Rank 1
[ W A T E R ]
Pressurized Mist E-Rank 1
[ W I N D ]
Wind Slash E-Rank 1

New Stats
Agility: 55/100
Stamina: 55/100
Ninjutsu: 55/100
Genjutsu: 55/100
Taijutsu: 55/100
Chakra Control: 55/100
New Power level: 330

New Jutsu
[ E A R T H ]
Stone Bullet E-Rank 1
[ F I R E ]
Infernal Ember E-Rank Mastered
Thermal Maw E-Rank Mastered
[ L I G H T N I N G ]
Storm Bolt E-Rank 1
Thunderfist E-Rank 1
[ W A T E R ]
Pressurized Mist E-Rank 1
[ W I N D ]
Wind Slash E-Rank 1
[ N O N - E L E M E N T A L ]
Transformation E-Rank 1
Body Switch E-Rank Mastered
[ M E D I C A L ]
Mystical Hand Fist D-Rank 1

Name: Shinrya Miyako
Branch: Medical
IC Rank: Med-Nin

Character Age: 18
Character's Physical Description:
Miyako has fair skin as a result of her mothers lineage, as well as raven black hair due to her fathers. All in all, she looks a lot like both of them. She usually has her long hair hanging loose, so it flows about like some fashion models. She's got bright, piercing, emerald green eyes that look like they can see right through a person. She's 1.77 meter (5'10") tall, and weighs [REDACTED] kg ([REDACTED]lbs).
x61OoQ8.jpg

Character's Mental Description:
Miyako is a gentle soul, sweet and caring. She's also highly independent in some areas, and capable of fending for herself, if the need should arise. Despite being used to luxury, due to her background as a Shinrya, she doesn't consider herself a "spoiled rich kid", despite what others might think of her. Heres the plot twist, though: She is actually kinda stuck up, and has a skewed view of what a normal person should be able to afford, and as such, she might make comments that seem insensitive without knowing it.
She tends to use her abilities and wealth to assist others in their endeavours, and she, herself, tries to maintain a modest approach to things (usually without success). She can be playful, bubbly, even seemingly hyperactive, but if she has to be, she can get quite serious. This seriousness mostly shows when she's faced with hardships (yeah right), or when she gets hurt or offended.

Character History:
Miyako is the daughter of Duchess Shinrya Kitsune, the 11th Raikage, and deceased Main Branch Sennin, Takaki Masao. She was born in Raimei no Seika, the ancestral lands of the Shinrya clan, during the 2 year period of time where Kitsune was absent from Kumogakure. She had technically died, but found herself quite alive after her funeral, buried in a casket. Apparently Masao had saved her life by using the Holy Grail of Tenouza, but it didn't take hold right away due to the tiny life about to take hold inside her. This means that Miyako has never known her father, and doesn't often see her mother due to Kitsunes long hours as a top mednin in Kumogakure.
She's spent most of her life growing up inside a time distortion field, meaning that in a span of just five, or so, years she has grown to a young woman of 18 years. So far she's still never met her family other than Kitsune, and has spent all of her time training to surpass her own mother.
During one of Kitsunes bi-monthly visits to Raimei no Seika

”Have you been studying the books i brought last time, Miyako?” Kitsune asked and looked at her daughter, her right eyebrow raised. That time distortion the two of them discovered had clearly been working to Miyakos advantage. The kid was growing up faster than time was passing, and was using the time properly, it seemed. ”Αν ναι, αυτό δεν θα πρέπει να ολοκληρωθεί ασυναρτησίες σας, αγαπητέ κόρη μου.” she said, and smiled. Kitsune didn’t get much time to with her daughter, but she wanted to spend every minute assisting the kid in whatever she set her mind to. And during the visit before last, she had asked about learning Ancient Kumo. Both variants.

”Αχ ναι. Πριν ξεχάσω. Φέρνω είδηση. Η Raikage έχει δοθεί άδεια για μένα να σας διδάξει την αρχαία παραλλαγή της γλώσσας.” she said. After a few seconds, Miyakos eyes went wide and she jumped up ”He said yes?!” she exclaimed and stared at Kitsune ”He actually said yes to giving you permission to teach me? Heck yeah!” It was clear to everyone present that Miyako was super excited about this most recent development, despite her disappointment with how little her mother visited her. ”Μητέρα, γιατί είναι εγώ δεν ζουν μαζί σας στο Cloud? Φοβάστε κάποιον πληγώνει εμένα εκεί?” she asked, displaying how far she had come with her language learning in just a month of distorted time. Granted that was equivalent to many times more than that in real time, but hey, that’s time for you. To the question, Kitsune simply nodded and looked at the table in front of her. It was true, she was worried. Worried that someone might try to use Miyako against her. Or harm her. It was much safer to be here in Raimei no Seika, far away from the hustle and bustle of Kumogakure.

Miyako flopped back into her chair, saddened that her mother didn’t want her in Kumogakure at the estate. She didn’t know what went on there and thought it was just because Kitsune didn’t want her there. Unfortunately, it fuelled the sadness Miyako was burying deep inside. The very same traumatizing sadness and feeling of abandonment that had triggered her Mangekyou Sharingan only half a month ago. She had yet to tell Kitsune, as she didn’t want to worry her mother or take away focus from learning Ancient Kumo. This time though, she got the idea to ask if Kitsune would teach her in the time dilation field, so she might have a shot at learning the language faster in real time. Kitsune gave it a bit of thought and then agreed, on the condition that when the weekend was over, she’d be informed by one of the servants, and then she’d return to Cloud, alone.

Miyako agreed to the condition and grinned, as she was packing a bag with the books, food, clothes, and all the essentials for a longer duration of time away from home. ”Can we read the historical books by Takagi Masao next, mother?” she asked, giving her mom the puppydog eyes. Kitsune couldn’t resist them and agreed, not knowing that Miyako only wanted to study the history books to learn more about her father: Takaki Masao. Kitsune didn’t want to tell Miyako about him, so she’d have to get the knowledge elsewhere. And with this, she could kill two birds with one stone. The books were avaliable in common, Vulgar, and also Classic Kumo, and fortunately Kitsune had brought the ones in Vulgar. Miyako was confident she could hold a conversation in Vulgar Kumo, but she’d like to learn more, of course.

A bunch of months (non-distorted time) later...

Miyako had been spending month after month, studing the tomes Kitsune had brought her. They detailed just about everything on the classical variant of ancient Kumo. Fortunately, Miyako already had a handle on the language because her mother spoke it, and because it was rather similar to the vulgar variant. ”So… if Δοκιμές του Μελετητή means ‘Trials of the Scholar’ then that’d meanb δοκιμές was ‘trials’ and λόγιος was ‘scholar’… These books are quite interesting, to be honest…”
Poem in Classic said:
Όταν από τη θολωτή θαύμα του ουρανού
Η αυλαία του φωτός που στην άκρη,
Και εγώ βλέπω τα αστέρια στο ευρύ όλες τους
Σημασία και ένδοξο μυστήριο,
Βεβαιώνεται ότι οι πιο απομακρυσμένες σφαίρες είναι ήλιοι
Γύρος οποία αμέτρητες κόσμους περιστρέφονται, -
Η πίστη μου δυναμώνει, ημέρα που γεννήθηκαν αμφιβολίες μου διαλυθεί,
Και ο θάνατος, ότι φοβούνται ακυρώσεως, η οποία αποφεύγει τη ζωή,
Ή Fain θα αποφεύγουν, γίνεται στη ζωή τον τρόπο,
Η οδός σε μεγαλύτερη κόσμους σε υψηλά επίπεδα,
Η γέφυρα από αστέρα σε αστέρα. Ζητήστε το πώς μπορούμε,
Δεν υπάρχει άλλος δρόμος πέρα από τον ουρανό;
Και, κοιτώντας ψηλά, ακούω αστέρων φωνές λένε:
"Δεν θα μπορούσε να επικοινωνήσετε μαζί μας, αν δεν πεθάνει."

Miyako spent days on deciphering the poem in the book, eventually coming up with the following translation
Translated poem said:
When from the vaulted wonder of the sky
The curtain of the light is drawn aside,
And I behold the stars in all their wide
Significance and glorious mystery,
Assured that those more distant orbs are suns
Round which innumerable worlds revolve,—
My faith grows strong, my day-born doubts dissolve,
And death, that dread annulment which life shuns,
Or fain would shun, becomes to life the way,
The thoroughfare to greater worlds on high,
The bridge from star to star. Seek how we may,
There is no other road across the sky;
And, looking up, I hear star-voices say:
“You could not reach us if you did not die.”

Once she was satisfied with how it looked, sounded, and felt, she began putting notes by each line, trying to describe the relations between each sentence and Kumogakurean lore. Clearly this was one big reference to all the people that had ascended to godhood, and written from the view of a devout follower of their gloriousness.

Miyako spent many more days reading books about everything from the political layout of the country, to economics, all written in Classic kumo. Who did all this translation anyways? The information in these books is rather up to date. For books. Who the heck keeps translating this stuff? I thought it was mainly ancient tomes and like, poems and stuff like that that got a pass with the ol’ translatin’ pen… She turned over the book and read the backside of the cover, looking for a name or something, and what do you know? Takagi Masao. That man really didn’t have a life, huh? Always him. History books, translations, everything. If only I could get him to teach me the language. But alas, mother wants me to stay here until I’m 18.

Eventually though, Miyako ran into some issues with certain terms in the books, and no matter how hard she tried she just couldn’t find a translation for them. She thumbed through dictionary after dictionary, even went so far as to check through a thesaurus to see if it’d help. But no. Not a single shred of help there, and none of the other books were helping here. Eventually Miyako got so frustrated she slammed the book shut and tossed it across the room, before huffing and grumbling and then folding her legs underneath her and closing her eyes, going over what it possibly could be mentally. Why the heck… Ugh. Is it ‘Cartel’? No wait, that wouldn’t make sense… ‘Capitalism’ perhaps? No… ‘Communism’? Argh. Still nothing. Screw this particular word, it’ll probably make sense later, or if I was an economist…

The next book Miyako found was a story about some mythical beast called ‘The Loch Ness monster’. It was written as a dialogue, all in classic. (For the ease of the reader, this will be written in common, to save on translation.) Two people, were out sailing on one of the big lakes of Lightning Country, at night, all alone, and all of a sudden this huge creature, a giant crustacean from the Paleolithic era, comes out of the water. At that time, one of the two people – a woman – had dialogue in the book saying that they were so scared, and that she jumped up in the boad and said ‘Jinichi, what the heck is that creature?!’. The man, Jinichi, didn’t answer her, but instead yelled at the monster ‘What do you want from us, monster?!’. And at that point… The monster bent down and said… ‘Uh. I need about tree-fiddy.’

What the heck is treefiddy…? Did I translate this wrong? Miyako wondered and retranslated it four more times – always coming to the same conclusion – right before it was explained in the text that it was three and a half yen. So wait… The monster wanted money? What the heck would the monster use money for? ‘I ain’t giving you no treefiddy, you Raiden-damned Loch Ness monster! Get your own dang money!’ Jinichi yelled at it. Then a short passage explained that the woman – Hiruna – gave the monster a one yen coin. And that she thought the monster would go away if it was given a coin. Of course, Jinichi didn’t agree and yelled at Hiruna for doing so. ‘Well of course he ain’t gonna go away Hiruna! You gave him a coin, he’s gonna assume you got more!’

This story is absolutely entirely bullshit. It has to be. None of this makes any friggin’ sense. Like, at all. Miyako decided and kept reading and translating, because dammit, what’s begun has to end. Preferably at the actual end. The book then cuts to a different scene, apparently it’s August, and takes place at their home. There was a knock on the door, and Junichi opens it, and there’s this cute little cookie-seller. Apparently she had pig tails and everything too. She asks Junichi ‘How would you like to buy some cookies?’ to which, he of course, reasonably asks her ‘What kinds do you have?’, y’know, like any curious purchaser of cookies would have. And the girl responds that she had thin mints, graham crunch, raisin oatmeal, so Jinchi decides to buy a graham crunch, and asks what the price is. And the girl looks at him and says… ‘Uh. I need about tree-fiddy.’

At this point, Miyako decided to stop with that particular book, as she was laughing too hard. Good Raiden, this is hilarious, but I should probably get back to the more serious books. Saving this for whenever things get rough with the other books seems like a good strategy.

So mother said meditation would assist in my ability to control chakra. Fine. Why don’t we try it then. Miyako thought to herself as she ran a hand through hair and sat down in her bigass bean bag chair and folded her legs underneath her before closing her eyes and humming the entirety of a lovely piece of melodic music.

In her mind, she went over why she was there, why she was training. The reasons were quite simple really, she wanted to prove to her mother that she wasn’t just her daughter, that she was her own person, capable of great things. A capable shinobi too. Unfortunately, Kitsune had always kept Miyako quite sheltered, and so she never had the chance to prove herself. This had always infuriated Miyako and was on her mind a lot of the days many hours. However, with a weight like that on her shoulders, how could she ever prove herself? She had to become free of her anger, of her various traumas. In this case, if a psychiatric doctor were to look at her, they’d find her to suffer from an inferiority complex, as well as abandonment issues. Miyako herself was vaguely aware of the inferiority complex, and quite clear about the abandonment issues.

Hopefully, during these meditation sessions, she’d learn to come to terms with the abandonment issues, and especially the inferiority complex. She was just so frustrated that Kitsune was never there for her, that she was more or less a prisoner inside this damned time distortion field, and especially that she was never seen as Shinrya Miyako, but always as “the Baroness’ daughter” or “Shinrya Kitsune’s daughter”. Always she was being compared to her mother, never as her own being. Why can’t they just see me for me?! Miyako huffed and tried to find her calm center, to dig deep into her issues and chuck ‘em out the metaphorical window.

Day one of meditation yielded little. With her mind clouded with aggravation, searching deep within her soul was futile. However, something appeared to her. A figure, blurry due to Miyako's lack of concentration. Its voice was distance, yet clear. "Your first steps are beginning. Come to me again tomorrow, and next time, keep that brain of yours empty." The voice seemed to float away, and Miyako's eyes snapped open.

She blinked a few times. Had she really just seen a blurry figure? Or was it her mind playing tricks on her? Who the heck knew anymore. She had spent most of her time alone, only seeing others when it was time for dinner, or her bath. Fortunately, she had a maid with her in the field, to handle all the basic things like cooking and housekeeping, even drawing the hot baths. For now, however she’d be going to bed and the following day, after a nights rest, she’d be attempting the meditation thing again.

The following day…

Miyako woke up feeling less than refreshed, but better than last night. She had been tossing and turning all night long due to a dream where a floating disembodied voice kept telling her to empty her head of thoughts. So when she woke up, she was too tired to think, and even during her breakfast – eggs, bacon, toast, apple juice – she didn’t really think, as much as just acted on autopilot. After the breakfast, she flopped onto her beanbag chair, and rather than sit like she did yesterday, she just curled up on it, and began humming the same melody as yesterday while closing her eyes and trying to bring herself into the same kind of state. Hopefully she’d get to hear the voice again.

Returning again to her inner mind, Miyako found herself again in a hazy fog. The figure returned, though it was more defined. It was a being shorter than her, yet on her level as it appeared to float over the ground. The voice came again, more clear. "Good, you've returned. Though this only proves you have a ways to go. Getting tired over a little meditation. Honestly. Back in my day, we meditated thirty-five times a week, and we liked it. You whippersnappers and your time distortions and your e-lec-tricity. If I wanted to travel to the next village over, I had to Takaamahara my ass all the way there, not ride on ridiculous little...what are they called? Scouters? Scoopers?" The figure took a moment before shaking what Miyako could only assume was its head. "Well, nevermind that. Point is, we need to get that mind of yours into shape. Tonight, I want you to lie flat on your back. As to go to sleep, breath slowly. Iiiiiiiiiiin. Hold. Ouuuuuuuut. Focus on your breathing, and not on your mommy issues. Yes, I know about those. We're Shinrya, we're destined to have them. Now off you go." Another round of meditation was complete.

As Miyako came out of the meditative state, she rolled her eyes How stereotypical can you get?! she grumbled to herself Times change, and often for the better, dammit. Why can’t old people understand that? I bet they’re all like: ”I used to be with ‘it’, but then they changed what ‘it’ was. Now what I'm with isn't ‘it’, and what's ‘it’ seems weird and scary to me.” Though, they do have valuable life lessons to teach, which is most definitely the only reason I’m even paying attention to this voice in my head. she decided and got off of the beanbag chair.

A few minutes later she was sitting at the dinner table present in the distortion, and eating her evening meal, although it was pretty hard to determine time in here. The feeling that time slowed to a crawl when you were doing something extremely tedious and sped up when you were ‘in the zone’ so to speak, was vastly exacerbated in here. As such, it felt like only half an hour passed between Miyako’s eating dinner, physical training, bath and then bed. And once she was in bed, she’d try out exactly what the figure had said.

She got into her bed, lied down flat on her back, and began breathing, slowly. First in, then she held it, then out, exactly as told. Miyako put the frustrations and irritations out of her mind as she focused solely on her breathing, in, hold, and out… In, hold, and out… Over and over and over. Eventually though, she ended up falling soundly asleep having a dreamless sleep that recharged every cell in her body, so when she woke up the following morning, she was full of energy. One big breakfast later, and she was back in the beanbag chair, legs folded under her, eyes closed, and doing her breathing exercises again to try and call out the meditative state faster than she normally could.

With more clarity of mind, the fog that had clouded the scenery had dissipated. Miyako found herself in large forest, the trees coated in most. Rays of light shone down from the crowded treetops, illuminating the spores that floated through the air. The sound of distant chirping gave the place a serene feeling. Her vision cleared, Miyako was finally able to rest her eyes upon the figure who had guided her thus far.
Granny%20Shinrya%20resize%20border_zpsk2er4p7u.jpg

Granny Shinrya​

An old women rested cross-legged on a tree root. Her hair was grey and rolled in a large bun on her head. Her body was frail, and her wrinkles many. Her purple clothes made it hard to miss her in the vast green environment. She seemed deep in meditation before opening her eyes to Miyako, revealing her sharingan. She looked around for a moment before returning her gaze to the young Shinrya. "A forest? How typical. Do you have no original ideas? Next time make it a beach. It's been forever since I saw the ocean." She looked Miyako up and down. "Nice. You've got the Shinrya body. With all that muddy blood, I was worried my good looks wouldn't transfer to the young generation. We've got an image to uphold ya know." She gave a grin, but it quickly fell back to a stern frown. "Now to get you into a Shinrya mind. I'm sure you've got some questions, and I suppose I can humor you. You've been obedient thus far, so you deserve a reward. Ask away kiddo. There's nothin' I don't know." She gave a boisterous laugh.

Miyako shielded her eyes as the sun was utterly blinding. Wait… The sun? She blinked a few times then realized that she could actually see what was around her, and it wasn’t just all foggy. A forest? Huh… I had hoped for something better. Like… A beach. Miyako pondered, and finally saw the figure ahead of her. It wasn’t quite what Miyako had expected, but hey. If this old person could help Miyako obtain peace of mind regarding her various trauma… It’d be totally worth it, right?

”That’s what I thought.” Miyako said and ran a hand through her luscious black hair. ”The forest is so cliché.” she continued before pausing as her brain processed what Granny Shinrya had just said. ”Wait, muddy blood? You mean you’re blood related to me?” she asked before pausing again as she decided what questions she really wanted answered. ”Hm. Nothing you don’t know huh…? Okay. Why do all Shinrya have mommy issues? Why do we all look so damn good in tight clothes? Why are we all blessed with bodies that could make men nosebleed to death? And finally, how in the nine bloody hells can I surpass my mother’s powers?”

She had her eyes set on the prize, and nothing Granny Shinrya said would deter her from obtaining a stronger power than she currently had. If she didn’t want to help, Miyako would simply leave the meditative state, and just not do it anymore. That is, if she was able to. Who knows what was possible here in the not-so-dark recesses of her mind? Either way, Miyako would surpass Kitsune sooner or later. At least, she’d try to. But first, she needed to obtain the same kind of power Kitsune has.

Without missing a beat, the old woman answered all the questions posed to her. "Oh they come in many forms. Most ending in 'complex'. There's mothers dying to soon, too late, at the wrong time. It's rather impressive really. I happened to have a superiority complex when it came to Momsie. Thought I was better than her in every way and should have been running the clan far sooner than I did." The elderly lady chuckled with a grin. "But anyway, that's what you get when you are born into a matriarchal clan. Just ask the Chigokai." She gave a boisterous laugh before continuing with the other questions. "We were gifted these bodies by the Uchiha blood. Have you ever seen an ugly Uchiha? No? Of course not. While the Haku are supposedly the epitome of beauty, us Uchiha get the sexy side of that. In fact, that should be in our description." Another guffaw was released, lasting a bit longer than the others.

However, the woman's mirth quickly dissolved as she threw a stone at Miyako's head. "And THAT thinking will get you nowhere." The woman rose from her seat and approached Miyako. She placed a hand tenderly on Miyako's arm. "Child, you will surpass your mother one day. It is destined from the moment of our birth. It doesn't matter how many pills she pops, grails she drinks from, or experiments she runs, her age will catch up with her. When that day comes, it will make you happy, yet sick. That burning passion of wanting to exceed someone's abilities will only let you down when you finally succeed."

The woman returned to her spot with a groan. Once she was situated, she continued. "Your true desire should be to merely better yourself. You don't have to prove you are better than your mother. You should prove that you are your own person. Strong, capable, beautiful. If you chase after your mother's shadow, you will always be compared to her. Make your own mark instead." The woman gave a gentle smile. With the questions finished, the old lady began to stroke her chin. "Interesting. You didn't ask the one question I thought you would. Well, you missed your chance. I answered your questions...technically." She gave a cheeky grin. "Come back tomorrow with either more knowledge than before, or with a more appropriate question, and we can continue with your training." The granny gave a dismissive wave. "And don't forget your breathing exercises."

”That’s what you get for being the daughter of the matriarch…” Miyako mumbled and folded her arms before listening to what Granny Shinrya said about their looks literally being in their blood. ”Now that you mention it…” she said and paused. ”I can’t say that I have. Hm…” she pondered right up until the point where she got hit by a stone. ”OW!” she cried out and rubbed her head. Luckily the stone hadn’t broken her skin or anything, so there was no blood. But it still hurt like hell. Then, Granny Shinrya began talking about how Miyako would surpass Kitsune one day, no matter what, and that Kitsunes age would catch up to her no matter what. ”I just want to show her I’m not just… Weak.”

Then, when she was dismissed with a wave and the order to either gain more knowledge or find an appropriate question, Miyako arose from the meditation and went straight to her books. She had a hunch about something. See, Granny Shinrya spoke a whole lot about blood, and if Miyako was right, that was the key to the ‘riddle’. In one of the books she found information on a theory about genetic memory, and how sometimes, people could tap into that memory and learn from their ancestors. If she could tap into that, maybe she could learn to get stronger. Maybe that’s what Granny Shinrya was trying to tell her.

The following morning, after another dreamless night of sleep and breathing exercises as well as a hearty breakfast…

”Alright…” Miyako mumbled to herself as she plopped into the beanbag chair once again and closed her eyes ”I want answers this time…” she finished as she began the breathing exercises to go into the meditative state again. A short while later, and boom, there she was. This time though, she was standing in a big grassy field, rather than the forest from last time. Well… It’s progress. It’s not a forest. But still not the beach. Darn it.

”Well then. I think I may have figured out what you wanted me to ask.” she said, and rubbed her chin in thought. ”1. Who are you? And 2. Is there such a thing as genetic memories?” she asked, fully serious as she looked Granny Shinrya directly in the eyes.

The old woman burst out laughing ”Correct questions. I take it you’ve been reading up on genetics in the short time we’ve been apart.” she said and got off the rock she had perched herself on. ”I’ll answer your questions in reverse order. Yes, there is such a thing as genetic memory. Congrats, you’re talking to yours. Well, some of it anyways.” she continued and stretched slightly ”I’m one of your many ancestors. A rather important one too, seeing as it’s actually my fault no subsequent Shinrya has obtained the Omega Mangekyou Sharingan.”

Miyako blinked a few times before shaking her head ”Omega? What the heck is that? I only know of the regular Sharingan with one to three tomoe, the Mangekyou Sharingan which tends to have unique patterns depending on its wielder, and finally the Eternal Mangekyou Sharingan which requires the wielder to get an eye implant and it then takes the appearance of a combination of the two Mangekyou Sharingan variants.” she rambled, listing the known versions of the Sharingan.

Granny Shinrya grinned and shook her head. ”You’re missing one. The Omega Mangekyou Sharingan. It’s passed on from mother to daughter in our family. And has been since this country was very young. In effect, it’s the same as the Eternal Mangekyou Sharingan, but with the vital detail that you do not need a surgery to obtain it. You do however need training, so much training… You’re young, and raw. We need to whip you into something that isn’t entirely useless.” she explained and smirked.

A few minutes and many complaints later, Miyako had been changed into a training outfit and been given some of the powers of the OMS. ”Alright kiddo, now show me what you’re capable of and try to teleport.” she barked, throwing orders left and right as if she was a commanding officer. Which, to Miyako, she might as well have been. As ordered, Miyako attempted to teleport from place to place, and after about five minutes she succeeded in moving herself ten feet to the left much to her own surprise, but apparently that wasn’t good enough for Granny Shinrya who admonished her for taking too long.

Many months later, but within the same meditation session due to Granny Shinrya locking Miyako inside her own mind.

”You’ll never obtain my power if you don’t stop holding back, Miyako!”
shouted Amaterasu Shinya. This woman was actually Granny Shinrya, but over the many months, Miyako had gotten better at accessing her genetic memories, and as such, Granny had gotten younger and younger. Now she was a beauty worthy of her name, which meant ‘shining over heaven’.
Sharingan%20Young%20Granny%20Shinrya%20resize%20border_zps7wiex12d.jpg

The two women were fighting each other. If Miyako lost the fight, she’d lose her Mangekyou Sharingan, and if Amaterasu lost the fight, she’d bestow her own power upon Miyako. It was a fairly simple deal, and Miyako had agreed to it, figuring it was her shot at getting stronger. Of course, Amaterasu was fighting at near full power, lacking only the mighty Susanoo while Miyako were fighting at full force with her regular Mangekyou, except it seemed like Miyako was holding back unconsciously. At least if Amaterasu were to be believed here.

They kept fighting, throwing jutsu after jutsu at each other. Everything ranging from fireballs to full on black fire. ”I’m NOT holding back!” she shouted back ”You’re just moving too fast!” It wasn’t true of course, Miyako was actually holding back without knowing it, and it was because she was subconsciously afraid of obtaining more power. Eventually though, that mental block would be broken down by sheer willpower from Miyako, and she willed out the power of her genes, giving her a temporary power boost, which had enough force to cause a small implosion, then a huge explosion, thus drawing the two women in, then throwing them back onto their backs.

Miyako groaned loudly as she got up and looked towards where Amaterasu got thrown to. She wasn’t moving, asides from some shallow breathing. Worried that she might’ve gotten seriously hurt, Miyako rushed to her side and attempted to heal the other woman, forgetting that she was nothing more than a genetic memory. Amaterasu grinned and placed her hands on both sides of Miyako’s head, pulling her down and staring deeply into her eyes, transferring the power of the Omega Mangekyou Sharingan, and in the process losing her own.
Blind%20Young%20Granny%20Shinrya%20resize%20border_zpsymjsmtck.jpg

”You passed the test. I’m proud of you.” she said, grinning and running a hand through Miyako’s raven-black hair. ”For the first time in centuries, the Omega has been passed on to a worthy Shinrya. You now have a responsibility to pass it on before you pass away. Make sure your own kids are as worthy as you are.” Amaterasu as she said, smirking as she faded away, leaving Miyako alone in the big grassy field which was now strewn with craters and scorch marks. Miyako got up and looked around, giving one final look at the scene before taking herself out of the meditative state, her eyes flittering open, as they formed her new Omega Mangekyou Sharingan. Functionally identical to the EMS, but able to be passed on without surgery.
fzBX3Gw.png

Added history:
Miyako Recently returned home from a mission due to a medical emergency. She has spent a couple of weeks in the Aesculapium before finally waking up. Due to some trauma to her head and the over exertion of her Sharingan she is having to go through physical therapy and has been limited severely in her ninja arts. Her fellow Mednin told her that at her current strength and health levels she is lucky to activate her Sharigna let alone her Omega Mangekyou Sharingan. For the time being she has been instructed to wear a bandage across her eyes to help keep the temptation of opening and activating her once commonly seen Omega Mangekyou Sharingan from activating. Once she feels confident in suppressing her eyes for now the Mednin would be allowed to remove the bandages, and to think she felt lik she just completed all of the meditation not too long ago to unlock this goddamn power. Nevertheless, if she were to succeed her mother, the matriarch, she needed to keep it easy for now.

While she doesn't have true amnesia, she is having a hard time remembering some people and events as her mind is trying to process the trauma she recently went through. Though her mother, Kitsune, has asked her about what happened, she still doesn't have a clear memory what exactly happened, nor can she remember what or who did this to her. Her current plan is to make a speedy and complete recover before trying to find the clues and track down what happened to her so she can exact her revenge.

Shinrya Kitsune

11th Raikage
Staff member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Processing swaps.
Paying out 850 Yen remaining from selling jutsus for complete refund.
Math as follows:

Sinkhole Fist - D
Bunt - E
Pound - E
Charge - E
Grip - E
Block - E

5x E = 110x5 = 550 Yen
1x D = 300x1 = 300 Yen
Total = 850 Yen

As this is an OCR into an existing NPC, all the story and rank stuff is approved.
First approval given. Second needed.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back