Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Tulpa [Private]

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The caw broke the stillness of the fall air. A squabbling garble of noise normally unwelcomed by human beings. The bird's call was primal, unlike the sing song nature of Haruka's trained messenger crows. It came from another, not one of her spies. She ignored its squawk, sprawled out on the floor in complete comfort. Her first moment of rest since returning home. The first leisure day actually used for leisure and not masquerading for Haruka's business gains. The crow hobbled along the windowsill, howling horrendously into the silence. She groaned, turning on her stomach to glance up at the crow.

Ugly beast. Who sent you?” Her knees creaked as she lifted herself from the hardwood floor. A gentle hand reached out to pet the creature. Shima were the only known family to use a crow for their messages, besides Haruka's network of spies. She dreaded reaching for the scroll tied to the bird's claw. “This better be good news, or you're gonna be a cooked bird.” The crow replied dumbly, tilting its head to the side. Its powerful wings, the color of a dark night's sky, shuddered. The string fell off easily like it should have. Someone who used crows many a times would know such a trick. As she retrieved the letter, the beast waited no longer and flew off.

Haruka,

I hope the crow didn't scare you too much. I wish I could of seen your face! You probably thought it was your father or some other stuffy elder, huh? Anyways, it seemed right to send you a letter as I haven't given my proper thanks yet. Thank you so much for looking after Masaru while I've been away. While you were away in Mist, I came to visit him. He seems to be doing very well. He's so much like his father that I was afraid he wouldn't have it in him to be a shinobi. With your guidance, my son will find his place among the village. It disheartened me to leave him without any training, but you've relieved my fears. He seems to have taken a liking to you too!

This isn't the reason I sent a message though. I have one more favor to ask of you. You'll do it right, for your favorite cousin? I know you must be busy now as Spymaster and its a miracle enough that you've spared some time for my son. However, my little sister, Chiyoko, is graduating from the academy soon. My father and mother both doted on her ever since I left home. Trying to raise her to be the proper Shima princess we couldn't be.

You can't let her be placed in the medical branch! It'd be a terrible waste of her abilities. She'll follow whatever my father says. Its not that she's stupid, we were all like that at her age. Nothing wrong with being a medical ninja, but it's not for her. Chiyoko has a gift. She's a daredevil and a total pain in the ass most of the time, but she's got vicious strength. That girl's got potential and I'd hate to see her squander it all under Harukaze's watch. You know what that's like. Please consider my request, cousin.

For the future of the Shima,
Shinomiya Setsuko

Haruka resigned herself to a chair, slumping over with a heavy sigh as she laid the letter on the table. For a while, the Haku stared at blank space. Another Shima child to look after. Masaru, the wayward outcast, came to Haruka by chance. A magnetic pull drew her towards the lost boy. She picked up his training because of that vibe. Their precious prince, Ai, sought after her. He seemed determined enough to gain Haruka's approval. He hadn't disappointed her yet. Now Setsuko desired Haruka to seek after Chiyoko.

Chiyoko, being Masaru's aunt, was actually slightly younger than her nephew. It didn't stop her from acting so grown up. The Spymaster had seen the girl now and then as she paraded through the complex with commandeering air and the all too familiar traditional grace of a Shima. She was much like Haruka's former years. The cold model of a Shima daughter. While there was nothing wrong with that, the elder Shima knew that it would take more than a simple conversation to turn Chiyoko towards an unconventional path. Especially with that attitude.

Why did the new generation pick her to lead them? She wasn't mandated by any Shima tradition to do so. Why couldn't it be Setsuko? She left the beaten path long before the dark haired Haku hybrid. Questioning her right to lead did her no good when she had the goal of Sennin just in her sights. If she couldn't handle a few family members, then she certainly wasn't ready for a whole branch. Shaking off the doubt, Haruka groaned. You'll owe me, Setsuko. But, I'll complete this task, for I should be thanking you for Masaru.

A slew of children raced pass the lone adult standing in the courtyard. Her solitary gaze sought out a figure that would stand out from the rest. She caught faces of laughing children, all huddled together to discuss their plans for the afternoon. First years with all the hope in the world. Children blinded by the foolish lies of men like Hayata Shin who promised their world would always be filled with love and honor. And as that thought sunk into her mind, she caught gazes with a particularly beautiful young girl. With striking dark eyes that tore through looks and silky black hair cascading down her back, Shima Chiyoko was the spitting image of Haruka in her youth.

So this is what its like to look into the past and change your future?

Shima Chiyoko

Yen
ASP
Deaths
It wouldn't be much longer. This was what the young Shima kept telling herself. She adored school and learning new things but, the excitement of being a genin and a full-fledge ninja was constantly invading her thoughts as of late. It was just one more thing to add to her list to make her parents and clan proud. Proper and graceful was her walk down the corridors of the academy. She knew that honestly that was what it was all about. Knotches on her belt of honor and accomplishment. Chiyoko couldn't help but glance around at her fellow classmates. Most of them were seemingly carefree and clustered with their friends. It was hard to not notice how alone she was. It wasn't that she opposed companionship. Moreso, that her mouth and attitude was nothing short of off putting. She was never at a loss for words and never purified what she thought for the sake of the recipient. Why waste the time?

The bitter chill stung her face as she walked out into the court yard. The young girl shivered and wrapped her arms around herself for shield. She scanned the area before her and caught the gaze of a mature and bewitching vision. Haruka-sama? Chiyoko had not seen her in a while it seemed. She especially did not expect to see her in this kind of setting. Her presence was intimidating even from here. She could understand why others looked up to her and were pushing for her to take more charge. Of course, Chiyoko would never be intimidated by anyone. Fear was not something that was naturally manifested by this young woman. Whether that was a virtue or a curse was unbeknownst but, it was not about to change.

She made her way to her towering cousin. "What brings you here?" She looked up with respect before she kept walking. She wanted out of the cold as soon as she could.

(MFT: 323)

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Rude. Chiyoko blew her off like she was some common folk. The chilly girl kept strutting past Haruka without respectful consideration. The jounin exhaled what she had gathered for a scolding, trailing after the child. Yes, she remembered being this difficult too. Normally, Haruka would of walked away, but she found herself reaching out for the Shima youth more readily these days. In that moment, she was chasing after a phantom of the past, but she had to remember too that Chiyoko was her own person. The Haku couldn't force expectations upon her. Nor could she force them on Masaru or Ai.

I came to speak to you.” Haruka spoke plainly, catching up to her side. Her dead eyes stared ahead as they walked. She was determined to get the girl to listen. It hadn't occurred to Haruka that it might be uncomfortably cold for Chiyoko. Her Haku blood kept her veins icy always. The Spymaster was even dressed ridiculously light for such weather. Adorned in only an retired issue of ANBU armor and her headband that kept her hair in place as the wind knocked them about.

She knew it was better to leave out Setsuko. Chiyoko didn't care much for her sister, being brought up with the only knowledge that Setsuko had abandoned their clan to marry a low priest. Setsuko fought against every Shima principle. Chiyoko, ridged in their traditions, understood little about her elder sister's good intentions. A silence veiled the two for a moment. Silent wasn't so awkward to Shima kin. They were often silent anyways. Words were for necessity.

It is my business to know which students will be graduating soon, as it is my business to make sure they are placed in the proper branch where their talents will flourish. Your sensei has told me you desire to go into the medical field, as most Shima traditionally do. However, if I may be plain, I believe you are better suited elsewhere. Perhaps it is in your best interest to consider the main branch. I am told you excel in strength and taijutsu. Naturally, medics do not come into the arms of combat. As Spymaster of Main Branch and a servant of our Raikage, I must recommend you consider my words. Else you will squander your potential.” Her even and lackluster voice dried the air with truth.

Shima Chiyoko

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Was her frigid cousin actually catching up with her to continue speaking. Damn, she must have really had something important to say. Haruka-sama was not the type to endure that kind of treatment. Maybe Chiyoko really would perk her ears and listen. There was a silence between the two after Haruka's announcement of wanting to speak to her cousin. All that could be heard was there footsteps. Chiyoko's were light and echoless, by necessity of course. No lady should ever be caught stomping about, her mother would say. An even younger version of herself liked how she walked. Loud and variable steps. She loved to make her presence known any way possible. Not anymore though.

Haruka broke the silence once more bring Chiyoko away from her thoughts. She proposed the young girl break away from her family's tradition. Shockerrr..

"Of course, you're recommending I stray from the course." A mischievous grin played on the young schoolgirl's lips. "You know as well as any of us where I am supposed to go with my training. I admit, yes, I have a knack for combat. Shit, I don't just have a knack for it. But, sometimes, one must do what is best for the clan and family and not one's self." Chiyoko believed everything she said with every fiber of her being. All she wanted was to make it known that the Shima clan was the most honorable clan of all.

She had thought of joining the main branch herself. Honestly, she knew she would be one of the best Anbu this village had ever seen. But, that was not going to best serve her family. And that's the only kind of reasoning she trusted.

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Such brazenness wasn't what she expected from a proper Shima daughter like Chiyoko, but she supposed this was only a conversation between girls. She couldn't hold it against her. After all, she's the one who once threw a book at a boy's head and forced his silence by instilling the fear of Raiden in him. Poor Natsu was under constant fire back then. She had a reputation to uphold. Masao saw through all of that, just like Haruka saw through Chiyoko. The Jounin didn't doubt the girl's resolve. At that age, her convictions stood firm against any words of discouragement. Ah, to have the determination of a child again.

As admirable as it was, Haruka couldn't let ignorance stand. Not to a girl with so much talent. The Spymaster stayed focused on the road ahead as Chiyoko issued her disinterest with firm grounding. She suppose it was time to make the little girl loose her footing. The old fashion way. She inhaled the chilling air that stung her lungs silently. It was time to loosen the arrow.

You selfish, foolish girl. Sometimes its not about your clan, but the good of the village. When you signed your contract to join the academy, who did you swear your fealty to? My father? Or the Raikage and Shogun of Lightning?” She let that sink in for only a moment before furthering her lecture. “Besides, you think you'll do a difference for our family? You won't mean anything in the course of time. You certainly won't bring honor to us. You will languish under my father's watch and accomplish nothing. When people look into the history of Cloud, they remember names of the men who executed the deed. Not their clan to which they were born. If you want the sound of “Shima” on the people's lips for all of eternity, you best remember that.

Shima Chiyoko

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Well, that was unexpected. Why did Haruka care about where she ended up? She had never shown interest in her before? and how could she call her selfish? Had she not just said that she was forsaken herself for the good of her family? Shit's frustrating. Even though the young girl knew she was right, what Haruka said was getting to her. She furrowed her brows. There was no doubt that Chiyoko was hungry. She wanted honor and accomplishment. Maybe she could have it yet. And she certainly did like the idea of punching mass amounts of people in the face.

She hated feeling this way. Conflicted and confused. Thanks a lot. But, was it not selfish to want all these things for herself? She shook her thoughts away. She was loyal to her clan first and foremost. But maybe she could have her cake and eat it too. Dammit, you silver tongued shedevil.

"Well, the only way I can do this is if I become the best damn fighter that's ever been. I cannot justify defying my family any other way. So I guess I better have a good teacher. Know anybody who's proficient in combat?" Chiyoko's voice was commanding and she meant her last statement exactly how it sounded: smug and almost playful. She could not help but looked amused. She couldn't believe her own self. Was she actually entertaining this idea? She couldn't help but put herself into the future where she would be cultivated and masterly.

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Got her. Haruka narrowed her eyes, the faintest hint of a smug smirk rested on her lips. The smirk turned sardonic in nature as she thought about Chiyoko's counter demands. She wanted to be the best fighter this village had seen. That was a rather impractical request, but Haruka seriously thought about the right person to train this little princess. She had the whole of the main branch at her disposal. She needed someone not only strong, but wise as a teacher.

I wouldn't tolerate anything less than the best from a Shima kinswoman. I have the sort of person in mind.” She realized, trying not to sound too surprised herself. Up ahead, the walls surrounding the Shima complex loomed. She had to be quick about the pitch. “I can arrange for him to teach you a few private classes that will count towards credit to graduate. You have only a few more months to decide your goals, but it should be adequate time.

Haruka stopped under the shadow of the gates as Chiyoko rested her hand on the gate's latch. “I understand your desire to uphold our clan's standards. I am well aware that I may not be a model Shima daughter, but I am a model Shima warrior. Although your parents may not approve of me, they certainly can't argue that I am bring honor and fame to the Shima name with my recent movements in the main branch. You too can take this path, if you so desire.” She turned her back to the crowling. “Think about it, Chiyoko-Hime. I will send for you in a weeks time with your teacher.” She glanced over her shoulder, black eyes tempting the child to follow the shedevil deeper down to hell before averting her eyes to head down the road.

[Topic Left]

Shima Chiyoko

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Only a few months to decide her goals is what the more mature Shima had said. Chiyoko was losing herself in her own thoughts. She was ready to chisel down to her potential and figure out just what it was she was destined to do. It was so odd thinking that she was about to change her long sought after vision. She had always wanted to do what was best for the family. The older and wiser woman seemed to believe so and she was far more experienced in the ninja world. The young lady knew she had to try.

Haruka mentioned sending her a worthy teacher. She was worried how rough that might be. Chiyoko had not much entertained the idea of combat or strategy. It would truly be interesting to see what was in store for her. Strangely enough, she did not doubt herself for one second. She was born for greatness.

[Topic left]

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back