Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Visiting Once More (Minako & Kitsune)

Yen
ASP
Deaths
It wasn’t that too long ago when Minako entered a nightclub for the first time in her life. While she was there, she met up with someone who was known as Kitsune, who also happened to own the club. It was a great time, even though something strange happened with Kitsune because they… merged with a shadow somewhat. Minako found this to be a very strange phenomenon. Because of the events, Minako has decided to enter the nightclub once again, to find Kitsune and to check up on them. She would hate it if a newfound friend had problems because of a strange thing.

Sighing softly, Minako entered the nightclub with ease once more. Her brown eyes gazing over the nice furniture and the decor. The nightclub hasn’t changed at all since the last time she was around. Then again, saying that, there hasn’t been a large gap between this visit and Minako’s last visit.

Once again, Minako didn’t come in her ninja attire, she came in her casual attire, with her hair parted at the centre so that her scars could be covered. It was strange to know that Kitsune is one of the few people who have seen her face fully, but it was nice at the same time.

Walking around, the female began her search for Kitsune through the bustling crowd of dancers, drinkers and anyone that was assigned guard duty of sorts, but she was struggling to find her new friend… Maybe she wasn’t helping out today?? If she wasn’t, that was a bummer. Maybe it was just a good idea to get a drink of whatever and get the hell out. The reason she was in the nightclub didn’t appear to be there after all.

Walking over to the counter in a sluggish manner, she sat down on the seat that was provided for the clubbers and looked to the counter. “Hey, just… give me what you recommend, please.” Minako said as she slumped onto the alcohol. What a waste of time.

Words: 337
Total: --
Goal: --
b1d00f108ba2b07153de9713b226803fc8ec7273.jpg
<i>
</i>

Shinrya Kitsune

11th Raikage
Staff member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
It had been an annoying couple of days for Kitsune, that’s for sure. Not only did she find out that her Sharingan wasn’t constantly on anymore, she couldn’t warp, or anything else she was normally able to when using her Eternal Mangekyou Sharingan. It was like it had vanished from her eyes, leaving her with a normal Mangekyou Sharingan. Of course, that was still better than none, but what kind of rubbish was that? Getting forced into a shadow world of some kind and losing something you’ve had for ages. It was irksome at the very least, and downright upsetting most of the time.

To avoid thinking about it, Kitsune had spent most of her time either at home with her head in a book or a machine, and if not there, she’d been at her club in the backroom doing paperwork and getting a little too much alcohol into her. Regardless of the situation, life went on, and Kitsune would just have to deal with no longer having her Eternal Mangekyou variant. If only life were that easy. Every night since the little adventure Minako and Kitsune went on, she’d been plagued by nightmares of being swallowed up by shadows and right before waking up bathed in sweat, she’d seen a mask gleaming inside the shadows.

She could’ve also sworn that she’d seen a jagged grin beneath the mask, but that might just be a trick of her mind. Well. That’s what she thought until she found a large shard of a mask on the floor of her office the morning after having dreamt punching the mask and breaking part of it. It all came back to this nightclub and shadows… Regardless, Kitsune wasn’t about to let any of this stop her, so she tried to research everything she could, reading all sorts of texts of dimensions… shadow jutsu… psychology on the off chance that she was going crazy…

Today however, her reading got interrupted as one of her employees notified her to the fact that Minako had arrived in the nightclub and Kitsune headed out to meet her. She was wearing the same kind of outfit as last time, except her shirt was deep red rather than white, but still with a black vest on top. ”Minako-chan! So glad to see you here!” she said at about the same time as the bartender slid a stemmed glass with a colorful drink inside over to Minako. ”I’ve been spending most of my time since last we met reading up on what the heck it was. No luck though. Do you have any suggestions as to what it could’ve been? Elaborate hallucination maybe? Side effect from some dank drink ingredient? Or was it actually real?”

[MFT; WC: 455; Total: 455]

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The moment Minako was getting her drink made, she then spotted Kitsune, and it was when the drink was given to her, was when she started talking. A smile emanated on her face the moment she saw her new friend, and she looked okay too! She was glad that Kitsune was okay, she wasn’t sure if she would be or not due to the events that happened.

“Kitsune, it is I that should be glad that you’re okay, especially with the stuff that happened to you!” She bit her lower lip, crossing her arms as she tilted her head. The questions Kitsune posed, if she was going to be honest, she was too lazy to pour out all the dedication that Kitsune had poured out. There was one thing that got into Minako’s mind though, and it was when Kitsune merged with that particular shadow… maybe Kitsune has become one with the shadow…

“I am unsure myself, Kitsu-chan. Although the big clue is obviously when you merged with that shadow. It was like it was attempting to possess you like a demon or something.” She spoke, she was still quite worried about how it would affect Kitsune personally, but as long as Kitsune seemed safe, then she assured herself that Kitsune was safe. “Question though, have you felt… strange lately?? Like not yourself??” She felt that this would help with Kitsune’s research of sort. “Has this kind of thing happened to you before?? Although judging from how they both felt during that strange time, she didn’t have something similar happen to her.

Minako sighed softly and shook her head, she really wanted to help Kitsune, but at the same time, she just wanted to go home, go to bed and have a nap. Then again, that required walking all the way back to her house for that, she really cannot be bothered to do that.

“Damn, this drink is good.”

Words: 320​
<i>
</i>

Shinrya Kitsune

11th Raikage
Staff member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Kitsune shook her head. ”Not quite. As it turns out, I’ve lost some of my abilities post-shadow shenanigans. I figure it’s related to it somehow, but I’ve yet to figure out how. But if I were to hazard a guess, it was the merging with a shadow that did it. And, well, there was a ton of symbolism involved in the other world in my opinion. As if it was the world of someone’s subconscious mind.” she said, trying to rationalize it all by verbalizing it. And to be fair, it all sounded like a bad acid trip, yet she couldn’t quite shake the feeling that it was real.

”If we assume that it was a real thing that happened. And it was a real place we went to. My theory is that it was, like I said before, a subconscious mind. What I don’t get is why we were dragged into it. But if it was really his subconscious mind, he should be on guard by now, and would explain why there wasn’t a shadow version of you, Minako-chan. I mean, he’d likely never have seen you or met you. I think my winning this club might’ve broken him a bit. At least mentally.”

She scratched her head a bit and adjusted her mane of red hair. ”I figure the reason things have been happening to me is because I took in that shadow from his subconscious. It could’ve triggered a change in my own subconscious which would explain the being that came out of me when I tore off the mask that appeared on my face. Maybe it was all symbolic. Like. Me coming to terms with my own inner self?” she posited, having no fucking clue as to what had truly happened. Fortunately, Kitsune happened to be a trained professional when it came to psychology, and it was true that there was a lot of correlation between what they’d seen and theories about the id and the ego, so who knows. Maybe she was right somehow?

[MFT; WC: 339]

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Listening to Kitsu-chan, Minako nodded slowly. She could see why that could be plausible. Taking over the powers of a shadow could do that, she was unsure as Kitsune though, and she wasn’t even the one affected by what happened to Kitsune, well, to an extent anyway, depends how lazy she felt.

“As for an explanation as to why I would be dragged into it with you though, is probably because we are already seemed friendly with each other, and we were communicating with each other when it happened. That’s the only plausible excuse I can give out for it.” She admitted. Strangely enough, during her childlife, she has been known to be rather intelligent, maybe all her “athletic” abilities went up to her brain, naah, that would be too weird to explain. Her intelligence has gotten her out of a lot of things though, and sometimes it even worked in her favour, maybe now her intelligence can come into play once more.

“So, do you think we need to go back to that place to sort everything out??” She questioned Kitsune as she then crossed her arms and placed her hand under her chin in a thinking motion. “It makes sense if we do, but I am sure that neither of us know how to get back there, unless by some miracle we can just say some words and then bam! We are there.” Minako sighed softly, she was really confused how to proceed with this. She wanted to help sort Kitsune out, but at the same time, she wasn’t sure how to when they are unsure how to get to the bloody place first.

“I am sure we will find a way if that's the case.” She admitted. “Because well, yeah, I am not the type to give up so easily.” Unless she was in lazy mode, then she wouldn’t give a shit.

Words: 315​
<i>
</i>

Shinrya Kitsune

11th Raikage
Staff member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
”That might be the case,” Kitsune said, nodding in affirmation. If the subconscious world of the shadowy place they went to had seen them as being friendly with each other, it could’ve yanked the both of them there instead of just Kitsune as was likely the plan. ”Nothing else seems to make any sense with this, so it’s the most plausible thing we’ve got at the moment. Unless it was, like I mentioned before, just an elaborate shared hallucination brought about by certain drinkable things mixing and reacting in ways they weren’t intended to.” she continued, almost as if she were trying to convince herself it had been just that, despite deep down knowing that it was very real.

Kitsune looked around the nightclub and saw nothing that could hint towards re-entry into the shadowy world they had been in ”Could also be a place we had to enter from. Maybe my office, because that’s where we kicked Shinjis ass?” she posited, giving them something to work with as a starter. ”I just wonder what it is we have to actually do to make things return to their equilibrium. And why. But more importantly, where the hell are we supposed to go from here?”

She grumbled for a bit then shrugged. ”I suppose there’s no better place to start looking than my office, seeing as that’s where the biggest event happened, right?” she suggested before heading there, with Minako (assuming she followed along). Once at the office, Kitsune would close the doors and begin looking around. ”Is it just me or are the shadows here a bit darker than usual?” she asked, pointing at their own shadows which were like deep pits of nothingness despite the current lighting, which wasn’t normal at all.

[MFT; WC: 293]

Yen
ASP
Deaths
What Kitsune said, Minako wasn’t too sure how to reply to. What Kitsune also said though kind of stuck out in Minako’s head. It really could have been something that they both were talking about, but it could also be something completely different that they both haven’t noticed yet. In fact, could be it be something in the first place?? Minako wanted to find out the specifics. Luckily, Kitsune wanted to also.

“Your office?? Most likely, especially if we kicked that guys arse there.” Minako bit her lower lip as she said this. Again, she wasn’t actually sure if that was the case. What if the manifestation was a at a different place, and that was where they had to be?? It was all very confusing to the young Fujiwara, at the same time though, it was easy to explain why. She may be one smart cookie, but even this goes beyond her comprehension.

With Kitsune suggesting to look at her office, Minako nodded and began to follow her friend. She wasn’t sure if this was okay, simply because she was a customer of sorts, not a staff member. At the same time though, she guessed that this had to be an exception of sorts, as she felt like neither! She instead felt like a detective from a book or something, trying to solve a mystery of sorts by finding all sorts of clues for any sort of answer. With this, she felt compelled to continue onto Kitsune’s office.

At the office, Minako began to look around the office. It seemed pretty nice, if she was going to be honest. She would have expected it to be a much messier room, considering she didn’t think anyone else would be allowed to enter. This really gives out to the type of woman that Kitsune really was, and it was nice for Minako to see that side of her.

“Huh.”

Minako’s attention moved over to the shadows that Kitsune was pointing at, and she wasn’t even lying. That was some creepy shit she just seen. “... That's … urm… RIGHT THEN. Urm! Yeah, darkened shadows, because that's completely normal.” She said with a tone of sarcasm. “Something must be here.”

Words: 367​
<i>
</i>

Shinrya Kitsune

11th Raikage
Staff member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
”Something. Or someone.” Kitsune said, upping the creepy factor to eleven. ”Lets leave that be for now, but take care to not step on the darkened shadow.” she warned, thinking it best to not tempt fate just yet. She looked around the office to see if anything looked out of place. And at first, nothing did. Well. Nothing except that small box Kitsune had just noticed was sitting on a shelf, that she somehow hadn’t noticed before. It was as if the box didn’t want to be noticed at all, because if she looked away she forgot about it until spotting it again.

She stepped over the shadows, taking care to not step on any of the darker ones to reach the shelf, and the box on it. Upon grabbing it, it was like she got a small electric shock, like the kind you’d get after dragging your feet on a shaggy carpet, but not enough to make her drop it or say anything in surprise other than “Ah!” as it happened. ”Damn static electricity” she grumbled and handled the box. It was an elongated otherwise pretty regular rectangular box shape, and when Kitsune opened it, she found a mask inside. The same kind of mask she had ripped off of her face in the shadow dimension last time they were there.

”Well. This is unusual. This looks exactly like the mask I ripped off of my face when we were in the shadow dimension.” she said and held it up. ”So that’s two unusual things already. If all goes well, we’ll be able to get to the bottom of this soon enough.” she continued before noticing that while she was holding on to the mask, it was like the shadows in the room got even darker. Maybe that was only for Kitsunes eyes to see, though, who knows?

[MFT; WC: 309; Total: 1396]

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Interesting indeed, or so it seemed, the both of them will probably have to be careful now but as soon as Minako walked around more and being careful at the same time, she tried to go over one of the shadows and she felt a force or some hands grappling onto her legs, causing her to trip up and land face first on the floor. Needless to say, it was rather painful, and she absolutely hated that type of pain because she knew it would linger on.

“Ouch! Holy shit!” Minako exclaimed as she tried to get back up… her attempts failed badly however, as the force was still wrapped around her ankles in an aggressive manner.

“Kitsu-channnn!” The female whined. “I can’t get out, I didn’t even touch the bloody shadow!” She grunted as she then turned around and pouted towards the redhead. It seemed that there will have to be a few things to be concerned about first before they were to investigate further. “This is bull.”

Minako wondered what to do now, especially since there wasn't anything she could technically do for the time being until the problem that she was facing was rectified. Even then though, she could trust Kitsune to try her best.

Words: 208​
[/fontface]

Shinrya Kitsune

11th Raikage
Staff member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Kitsune was looking around on the shelves for any sort of clues when Minako tilted over. At first Kitsune wanted to admonish her for tripping after specifically being told to be careful, but then the girl whined that she couldn’t move from where she was. What was a busty redhead to do but look into freeing the blondie, and with that in mind, Kitsune stepped past her desk to see that the shadow was wrapped around Minakos ankle somehow. It was as if the shadow was more like a piece of black fabric, or maybe very flexible plastic. Either way, it kept Minako on the floor and Kitsune had to figure out how to fix that.

First though, came calming Minako down from her pouting state and all that, so Kitsune bent down and lifted Minakos head with a gentle motion on her chin and planted a soft kiss right on the blondies lips. Then, without missing a beat Kitsune stepped over Minako and bent down to poke the shadow with her finger. At first nothing happened other than the finger meeting some slight resistance, but then the shadow latched onto Kitsunes hand instead and covered it entirely, yet didn’t keep her restricted like it had done with Minako. This of course also meant that Minako had been freed from the shadowy restriction.

Instead the shadow molded itself to form a hand that Minako couldn’t see, but Kitsune could. It was as if whatever had taken her EMS away had replaced it with some other form of sight beyond what was normal, because Kitsune found herself able to see more shadows than other people. Or at least more than Minako could. This definitely warranted investigation and most likely had something to do with the mask she had found just moments before, and she pondered putting the mask on. As she thought about it, it was as if her body was performing the action on its own and when the mask was only inches away from her face, it slipped out of her grasp and got sucked onto Kitsunes face.

That snapped the woman out of her trance and she immediately began to tear at it to rip it off of her face. After half a minute of struggle, the mask let go and was ripped off, causing massive bleeding of the face right around the eyes, but a large burst of chakra blew that all away, leaving no trace of any injury or blood behind. It was like what had happened in the shadow world when she suddenly gained the ability to command the being that spawned from her subconscious. Perhaps this meant that Kitsune had proper control over that power now?

[MFT; WC: 452; Total: 1848]

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Minako wasn’t sure what to do next, Kitsune stole a kiss from right under her nose. Needless to say… Minako… wasn’t impressed, she wanted to be free, she didn’t want to be kissed. Now she had to suffer the effects of a red face, which wasn’t what she wanted exactly.

Regardless, Minako vowed to forget that moment and sighed softly as she got up. Maybe there was other things to take notice of…

Drifting her mind elsewhere, she decided to focus on something else, or at least try to without showing that her face was completely red, but it returned to normal soon enough. Unfortunately, it seemed that Kitsune decided to have a mask on once more, and this only made the blonde sigh, they have been through the whole mask hoo-ha before, this was probably not gonna make things any better, they were supposed to investigate after all.

That was, until Kitsune managed to take off the mask and the aftereffects of the mask happened. Which was… interesting to say the least.

“Welp! That happened.”

Words: 176​
<i>
</i>

Shinrya Kitsune

11th Raikage
Staff member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Kitsune held up her hand, staring at the shadow-y protrusion coming from it that Minako couldn’t see, apparently, and she tried to move it around. At first nothing happened, but then the fingers twitched and the protrusion vanished out of sight. ”That did indeed happen.” she said and scratched her head a bit ”And I don’t have the slightest damn clue about what we have to do next. I was kinda hoping this would result in something conclusive. Guess I was mistaken about that.” she continued and looked around the office some more, but finding nothing of interest she resigned herself to dumping into her big boss-lady chair.

”Well then. I’m blank.” she said and leaned back while spinning the chair around a bit before stopping when she noticed the door darkening and warping, kinda like ripples went across the surface of it. She got out of the chair and stepped to the door and touched it which caused it to ripple heavily and eventually shapeshift into the double door of the shadow world office they’d gone through the last time. ”Well that looks familiar” she mumbled, mostly to herself, but loud enough for Minako to hear it.

The redhead spun around and reached out to grab Minako, only to end up giving her right breast a careful squeeze, albeit entirely unintentionally. ”Erh, whoops~” she said and chuckled ”On the bright side, there’s no traces of cancer.” she added and grabbed the blonde womans hand instead and pulled her towards the door so they could go explore the shadow world again and maybe figure out what the heck had actually, truly, happened.

[MFT; WC: 272; Total: 2120]

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Nothing seemed to be going right as of this moment. Minako nor Kitsune could simply find out just what the hell was going on, what's worse was that Kitsune eventually drawn a blank. This made Minako panic slightly, they both were to act like detectives from a detective book or something. But like a detective, Kitsune seemed to have noticed something. There was only one problem though, What Kitsune was seeing, Minako couldn’t see. She tried her best to find out what the hell the redhead was seeing, she even squinted her eyes in order to make sure that there was something that she could see that couldn’t be seen by the naked eye.

That was when the second embarrassing moment of the evening happened, it seemed that Kitsune tried to turn around, whether to grab her or something… but instead, her chest was squeezed slightly, to which Minako couldn’t respond to. Instead, a shade of red invaded her cheeks, and she was feeling a bit warm inside too. This was most certainly a weird sensation for her to undertake…

“Cancer… right…” Minako spoke out as her hand was then grabbed, giving her no time to cross her arms in response. Kitsune was then leading her to the wall?? All Minako could do was close her eyes and either wait for the wall to smash her face in (not that it already wasn’t messed up due to her scars) or for her to get sucked into something and to go into a completely different area or something??

If anything, if this would solve Kitsune’s problem, then she is willing to go through it with her.

“It’s now or nothing.” Minako whispered to herself as she kept her eyes closed, unsure of what to do. “I may be nervous, but I am sure that everything will be okay…”

Words: 307​
<i>
</i>

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back