Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Want some unknown talent with that brain damage? [Open]

Samejima

Yen
ASP
Deaths
"Truest potential..." Naoki repeated the words to herself. She wasn't quite sure what it could mean for her, but it sounded rather grand. The Steward then related his own experience with a previously unknown power, and Naoki nodded, thinking that must've been how she felt when she first played the instrument. "It's kinda nice though, having a power you didn't know about... Like a surprise birthday present, but from yourself!" she'd gotten one of those before, and though it didn't exactly feel the same... it was similar, at least in her case.

She was then asked a few questions, and tilted her head a little as she pondered them. "I try to remember how I did it before... But it's not that clear, because..." she then thought back to the battle, with the sounds she'd heard firsthand and the danger she'd experienced, and her figure drooped a little. "Oh, but I can show you the kokyuu, if you want. Um..." She'd brought her bag along with the instrument tucked inside, and took it out to pass it to the Steward.
kokyu_japan.jpg

"It doesn't feel all that different, from the last time..." And indeed, there was nothing wrong with the kokyuu at all, though really not many people would be able to tell that it was out of tune... The fact stood that Naoki no longer knew how to play it properly however, and she was prepared to accept this fact.

Takahashi Aki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Sousuke looked over the instrument he tightened the strings a bit. "Maybe genius Naoki doesn't want to come out to play."<i></i> He thumbs the strings a bit, a very different sound coming out of them. His eyes widened a bit as the sound came out was not befitting of the kokyuu. "This is unnatural."<i></i> He took hold of the bow and began playing. The sounds that the instrument were creating was definitely alot heavier. Sousuke continued playing a song out until he reached to the end of it. Aki upon completion of the song was clapping his hands happily. Sousuke had a very disturbed look on his face. He coughed and cleared his throat. "Well. I think there is something very wrong here with the kokyuu. Has it ever done that before? Has it been possessed by a phantom entity?"<i></i> He tapped the instrument. "Let me try this one more time... here ... I ... go."<i></i> Again Sousuke held the bow differently this time. Another song came out of the simple instrument, that was simply impossible. Sousuke finished and again Aki was clapping happily. Aki bounced about happily. "Maybe I should get myself checked for extreme brain damage... because this should not be possible."<i></i> He concluded. Now it was Sousuke's turn to have his shoulders droop. He was trying very hard to at least get Naoki feeling better, but he himself didn't feel quite well.

"So."<i></i> Sousuke handed the instrument back to Naoki. "I... uh ... hrm. Maybe another instrument then?"<i></i> He suggested. "You could try singing... or maybe I could construct for you a Tuba that fires out sonic waves..."<i></i> He offered. He tapped his fingers together holding them together with a delay. Aki mirrored this motion. "Axe is a type of electric guitar. I'm sure you could ... use that or maybe I could make you a keyboard that doubles as a uh ... bludgeoning device of sorts. You could also have an expanding flute that doubles as a boa staff."<i></i>

Samejima

Yen
ASP
Deaths
At first, the sound-attuned genin flinched at the new, completely unexpected sort of music, ears having to adjust quite quickly to avoid any sort of damage to them... But eventually, close to the end of the first song, Naoki felt that it wasn't just unfitting... It was somehow appealing. As Aki clapped the first time, so did Naoki, albeit quite slowly with as confused an expression as she could convey, headband over her eyes and all. That wasn't the same kind of sounds I made the last time, but... It was nice. It... It was nice? That didn't sound right to Naoki, having been raised thinking there was only one way to do fiddly things like writing and handseals and playing instruments.

After the second song, she found herself nodding her head a little to the tempo of the song, with a few stutters in a few areas as she wasn't familiar with the genre just yet. What is this? It's not how the kokyuu's supposed to sound, but I like it. I think... I think I'd rather learn how to play it like that! She clapped vigorously this time, quite the grin on her face. The Steward seemed rather downcast himself, though Naoki couldn't fathom why.

"N-no, you played... well? But, I wanna learn how to play it like that!" The genin's face had visibly lit up, now beaming, and was likely just about as excited as Aki was at that point, taking the instrument back with renewed interest in it. "Well... Another instrument might be cool too, but I wanna play the kokyuu," she replied, sobering up a little bit, for the better if she was going to be dealing with the Steward. A more composed attitude would be necessary if she was going to request someone's time after all. "Sousuke-sama, I'd like to learn how to play the kokyuu how you just did... Will you teach me?"

Takahashi Aki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Sousuke couldn't help but smile at Naoki's request. He ended up rubbing the back of his head. It was a tall order to request to play the instrument in that fashion. "Well. I guess one good mistakes deserves another. To be honest ... "<i></i> He paused gritting his teeth, "This is exactly what happens when I cook. Opposites occur ... which is somewhat frustrating."<i></i> He explained hesitantly. He paused for a moment and looked skyward with an unamused look. This is exactly the sort of thing that happens to him. Whatever power that held him hostage to these awkward situations just had to go and have another go at him. First cooking. Now this. What was next? Best not to think about it because it might just indeed happen.

When Naoki requested to be taught about how to play the instrument, Sousuke's jaw kind of dropped and hung loose for a moment. "I will undertake to do so, but I am not sure how successful I will be in fulfulling that undertaking. I think it would be best to involve my mother because she likes this sort of music... and has probably subjected me to it for a very long time ... including the time in which I had yet to be born."<i></i> It was indeed entirely probable and possible that his mother was indeed rocking out to these tunes during her pregnancy. "For the record that kind of music wasn't suppose to come out of the kokyuu ... but uh ... I think you're already aware of that given your expression. I will teach you. Just expect people to ... react strangely, but ... the good news is you will have the element of surprise. The element of surprise is something that does not go wrong in eighty-four percent of most engagements. Always favourable to be in your possession."<i></i>

Aki clapped his hands. He understood some bits of what was going on. Unlike his birth-mother he was clarly "Nookie and Da rock out!"<i></i>The child flailed his arms as he exclaimed. In Aki's world it meant he would be seeing more of the new friend he made, and that to the child was splendid! Sousuke chuckled and patted Aki. The child seemed to grasp onto meeting new people quite well, and Sousuke hoped that in the future people would be kind to his son in return. Hopefully no one had yet to cause Sousuke to worry otherwise.

Samejima

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Naoki was somewhat surprised when the Steward, who was the one she understood was in charge of the village, said he cooked. That was definitely not an image she had of those who had power, especially not power at the level she witnessed several weeks back. The opposite happens? So if he tries to cook something salty... it comes out bitter or something? She imagined a burnt piece of fish, and got something of an idea regarding how that might have worked, though probably not the right one.

Staying quiet as the Steward gave his reply to her request, she took a second or two to process it all before nodding and giving him a short bow. "Cool! I hope I'm not too slow with picking it up, I'm not usually too great at the fiddly things... But thank you, Sousuke-sama! I'll work hard for sure," she said, managing to both enunciate and get the message through quickly. The littler one at their side began flailing his arms, inciting quite a bit more excitement into the situation and causing Naoki to bounce a little in anticipation. She faced Aki though, and asked, "Rock?" being unaware of the genre's name. Rocks, like Earth? Did that music just now need some kind of Earth jutsu to play? I'm pretty sure I could learn it easily anyway, if it does, but man, there's a lot to learn about this!

[Sorry for the lateness, been somewhat busy... Will try to be faster next round]

Takahashi Aki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
"He means rock and roll. It's a type of music... the genre I played was metal in nature, not ... in element mind you. I suppose it is called metal due to the instruments, but bear in mind it uses string instruments, not wind ones... which are made from brass. It's a very strange concept, the history of music."<i></i> He attempted to explain the concept to the child. "Then you have people get into arguments about heavy rock, rock rap, power rock... and so on and so forth."<i></i> It was the sort of thing his mother would lecture the three of them on. Sousuke simply chose not to get it. Aki was far too young to get it. Naoki? Well it was entirely possible that she might want to be educated by his mother on such a topic. "When I was in school, I was medicore, but that was because of the style of teaching methods they had back then... plus I ... had some several learning disabilities. That is to say... the difficulties you may have will, in no way, outweight mine, and that is a most encouraging thought."<i></i> He offered. Naoki did seem to have trouble with coping with her inability to play her instrument. It was ... nice to see her troubles slowly evaporate with her desire to play the instrument in new and different ways now.

"There will be theory work. I trust you know the importance of that."<i></i> He warned. He held his hands behind his back. If this child was going to be taught by the Steward, she was going to have to learn the importance of theory work. Theory had a place. "Right then. We meet in four day's time. I may include my mother in the lesson to give you the basic history of rock and metal. She'll be delighted to know that someone out there will be rocking and rolling along."<i></i> He added. "Until then, keep well and may you succeed in your undertakings."<i></i> With that Sousuke and Aki would make their depature. The child wishing his senior child-friend a good bye and ran keeping up with his adopted father.

[Topic left]

Samejima

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Naoki's head was tilted throughout the speech about instruments and genres, and straightened up once she heard something about learning disabilities... before ultimately tilting again as she couldn't comprehend someone like the Steward of all people having learning disabilities. Don't those mean you can't learn as many things as a regular person... That would make Sousuke-sama like, the hardest worker ever if he still knows so much about things!

An enthusiastic "yessir!" and a firm nod once the Steward emphasized the importance of theory, Naoki also thought that she needed to go and try to find a dictionary in Braille if she was going to understand half of what he's going to be teaching her. "I'll usually be patrolling anyway, so whenever you have time... And thank you for the uh, for the opportunity, Sousuke-sama!" I said that right, right? It was 'opportunity' right? She waved at Aki as the two left, thinking about whether or not she'd even be able to keep up with the time to come. It'll work out somehow... Just hopefully not too much theory, or there'll be more questions than anything else. And what's a zhan-re? She walked back home silently, keeping the music she'd just heard in mind and replaying it to try and find some things she could decipher on her own within the four days.

[Topic Left]

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back