Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

What you have learned [Exam for Ziren]

Kishiko Nagisa

Leaf Med-Nin Sennin
Yen
ASP
Deaths
Kenshin would send the letter to Ziren on this lazy of days. Kenshin was free and he was able to proctor this exam. This exam would see if Ziren was ready to be a Genin again. He skipped over the sennin robe again today and sat on his side of the desk waiting for Ziren to approach.

Kenshin looked around his room. It was full of books on one side and workout equipment on the other. There were some paintings of Stone that he had delivered to his office from home. In front of his desk stood the 2 chairs as always. Rarely he had more than 2 guests but there was a comfortable sofa near the book stands.

Kenshin would wait for Ziren and beckon him to enter once he came.

"Hello Ziren. This is the exam I promised. We will get started as soon as we are joined by another." Kenshin would say giving a mug of tea to Ziren still pipping hot and preparing another mug for the other participant.

Chigokai Yuna

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Ziren came in, as the letter instructed him. He found himself in the office of the Sennin room. He had the things he wanted to take with him to be ready for whatever this exam had to offer.

Today, he wore a green cloak, with a black shirt and blue jeans underneath. He had gotten rid of his glove sleeve so that anyone would see that his left arm was metal, when it protrudes out of the cloak. His eyes, were swirling with blood. He took note of the paintings that were now in the office. It was of a different place that he has never been to.

He also took note of two chairs instead of one, on the other side of where Kenshin was sitting. Ziren sat down and listened to what he had to say. So there was another person that was coming here. For whatever exam they are about to take or take part in in his own exam.

"Good morning, Kenshin-sama."

Uchiha Takeshi

4th Hokage
Staff member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Takeshi allowed himself to wear the Hokage Robes and Hat as he allowed himself to enjoy those few minutes as he left the office, though he never really left the office, it seemed that the new body would be filling in for him today. As he walked the corridors he had to stop a few times and welcome those that walked past him though that never truly mattered to Takeshi he knew that it was part of his job, he had become a figure head as such he expected this.

Takeshi allowed himself to walk to the door of the Main Branch Sennin, instead of knocking he walked in, allowing himself to glance down at Ziren before back to Kenshin a smile coming to his lips as he shut the door behind him. Taking a seat beside Kenshin he turned around and faced the Main Branch Sennin as he sat there deciding to speak to him directly first as was the respect and privilege that came with a Sennin.

“Sorry if I was running late, I got caught up in some of the work. I am here now for the exam, please begin when you are ready Kenshin, I look forward to seeing how your Academy Student preforms.”

Takeshi allowed himself to glance towards Ziren he kept the smile on his face as he pondered for a few seconds before speaking this time once more.

“Welcome ZIren, and good luck on the exam that is ahead of you. Stay focused”

[MFT: 250]

Kishiko Nagisa

Leaf Med-Nin Sennin
Yen
ASP
Deaths
Kenshin would nod towards Takeshi as he entered

"It is of no concern Takeshi... Lord Hokage." Kenshin would say as he entered. Kenshin would take another sip of tea after pushing a mug towards Takeshi. "I made it myself and picked the leaves personally. It is safe for you to drink." Kenshin would give a half smile to Takeshi before turning to look at Ziren.

"Now the exam I have for is in three parts. This is the first part. Ziren, I want you to explain to the Hokage what we have talked about in our tutoring sessions. Take as much time as you need." Kenshin would say and then he would lean back and look between the two taking another sip of tea. The slight bitterness tasted good to him and was followed up with a slightly sweet aftertaste.

Here it was the exam that would be difficult for everyone involved.

Chigokai Yuna

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Ziren heard the blood flow of Takeshi coming this way, he looked over as the Hokage sat in a chair. He kept a cool head, despite how he felt about this situation. But either way he looks at it, he himself will need to grow up and move on from this, since none of them will be moving on from here if he just wants to argue. He nodded when Takeshi told him good luck and to stay focused.

He turned his attention back to the Sennin as he listened to what he had to say, for what the first part of his exam was to be. So he had to explain to the Hokage about what kind of lessons Ziren has done.

"So my first lesson was Kenshin-sama was to know what it means to give my life for the Village. It doesn't mean To just give my life up as a sacrifice for the Village, to die. It goes farther than that. To actually live. Because no matter if you are an academy student or an ANBU in training, or a medical ninja, or the Hokage. The Village needs you alive. What to do is to keep doing your duties to the best of your capabilities, and push past even that. To keep training to be stronger, as the younger generation trains to get to where you are, and to teach them too, so that they won't make the same mistakes as I have. To pave the road for them so that they will have a bright future. Nobody can be ready for whatever uncertain chances the future holds. But we can prepare by not acting on impulse, in which I have had many times in the past. To actually think before jumping into the thick of things. To set an example for those looking up to us. Because it is best to live, and teach the younger generation not to make the same mistakes as I have, than to die from my own mistakes, not teach the younger generation, and for them to soon follow down that sad path."

Ziren paused for a second. "The second part of my lesson was a fight. But it had hidden meanings. I faced an opponent much stronger than me, and learned the hard way. Instead of giving up when I ran out of normal chakra, I pushed myself and used my reserves of corrupted chakra. The lesson of the fight was the same as the last lesson, but actually putting it into action. On that part I failed because I let my pride and fast thinking do the work. In reality, I should have faced humility and accepted the fact that I had faced an opponent that I would not be able to handle at the moment. To live to serve another day, to tell others not to make some mistakes that I have made. One of those mistakes was not watching how much chakra I was using. The other was not backing down from a fight, despite how much stronger my opponent was."

Ziren stopped. He shifted in his seat. He wasn't nervous about the test exactly, but moreso nervous about admitting that he should have accepted humility. To let his pride get hurt, so that he would know more of what he was taught. If he could go back in time and change it, he would. But he can't. So the next best thing is to learn from it become even better from his own mistakes.

Uchiha Takeshi

4th Hokage
Staff member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Takeshi allowed himself to sit in the chair, it seemed that he was judging the words that had been spoken by Ziren as he stayed silent though he decided not to speak for now his purple eyes never losing focus on the Academy Student in front of him. It seemed that while Ziren had taken the demotion he was finally learning a few things about what it meant to belong on the village, he had learned something, and a bit of humidity was something that he respected even if he did not use the words he allowed himself to smile.

Nodding slightly he made sure Kenshin saw his motion, though he remained silent for now the Hokage could appreciate the words that came from the student, it seemed Kenshin had a way to deal with students that needed to learn a little bit, this was something that he could respect in the man. He leaned back in the chair as he waited to see how this exam would transpire, though his mind was already nothing things down it seemed that he was focused on the task at hands and the words that had been spoken. He would remember the change that he saw inside of Ziren.

Kishiko Nagisa

Leaf Med-Nin Sennin
Yen
ASP
Deaths
Kenshin would listen carefully. Yes he summarized it quite well. the first task was one. He saw the Hokage nod. Good. Things were going well.

"Very good. You have passed the first portion. Now the second portion of the exam. Given what you know now, what would have done differently if you could? Be honest and know that while dwelling on the past is a distraction the past can be a powerful reminder of who you are and where you have come from." Kenshin would say not looking away from Ziren.

The next task was posed. Now to await the answer and see if he was ready for the final task.

Chigokai Yuna

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
The Hokage seemed satisfied with the answer. As then he nodded to Kenshin and Kenshin went on to the next question. What would he have done differently? It seemed kind of vague to say the least, considering if he meant the last lesson of how it had turned out the way it did, or if he meant Ziren's past in general.

Maybe it would be safe to answer it both ways. "There is a long list of things that I would have done differently. First things first was to tell my superiors of the threat which was that of my late brother. Told them what was up when it first became an issue, and not after the fact that everything turned out the way it did. A follow up to that is when I hurt one of my own friends." Ziren stopped. "At the time, I tried to justify it by thinking that if he had followed me, to face my brother, then he would have been far much worst than what I did to him. I was wrong to assume that. What I could have done was as said before, alert the higher ups about my brother after he had destroyed my home."

Then his thoughts went to the events with Maru and Tea. "When Maru kidnapped Hana, back at Tea. I should have called for Tea officials to help me out. And then when me and Lord Umashi fought against Maru, also in Tea. I guess what I could have done was make sure that the girl that Maru was harassing prior to the fight was safe and away from him. That and also call for reinforcements to help out Umashi."

Then he thought about the spar that he had with Fenrir. "And as said before. During my spar with Fenrir, once it was getting out of hand and the spar was turning into survival, I should have called out to stop the fight." Ziren paused. "I admit it. I don't usually call for help, and try to carry a lot of weight on my shoulders. Sometimes it's a bit too much, and instead of asking for help, I have made mistakes in the end."

He looked at the scar on his right arm, the scar that had been there since he was thirteen. A constant reminder of what happened when he was living on his own, outside of the Village. Scared and alone.

"You are right. I plan to learn from my past. To not make the careless mistakes that I have made before. To call for help when the need arises, and to inform of
a situation if it will effect the whole Village."

Uchiha Takeshi

4th Hokage
Staff member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Takeshi allowed himself to listen to the all the mistakes, though he kept the frown from his face it was clear that he just didn’t appricaite the length of the list, but this was supposed to be a clean state and a fresh start, the mere mention of Izumi allowed anger to flash threw him though the throbbing in his eyes caused him to close his eyes tightly for a few seconds before he opened them once more, he allowed himself to sit beside Kenshin listening to the way the conversation went, he allowed himself to ponder on the words deciding to reply and give Ziren an insight into the life that had allowed him to become the Hokage.

“Ziren, I got where I am, not because I could fight, not because I could do what needed to be done and not question it. But because I had people that I could turn to inside of this village when I needed it. The thing to success is to not shoulder the weight of the world alone, even for a Hokage. I have Kenshin, Tamashii, Maki and Mikasa. They intern have the Head Jounin, Captains, Medical Chief, and the pyramid keeps going down to the base. That is what we all do, we have others to be the pillar to support the weight with us, that is how we excel. Knowing when the right time to ask for help is always key to stepping on the right path.”

Takeshi allowed himself to glance over to Kenshin, the second nod came after a few minutes of pause as he allowed himself to let Kenshin continue to do what was needed, he allowed himself to sit there pondering how much he had learned form Kenshin, it was interesting to see the man that was so angry turn into someone who was humble. Remarkable was an understatement he knew that Ziren needed to hear the words from his lips.

“This is the Ziren that I needed to see, this is the man that I wanted to see standing there, you are correct, you are nothing like Maru. You are so much more, so much potential and you are slowly unlocking that potential Ziren of the Hidden Leaf.”

[MFT:373]

Kishiko Nagisa

Leaf Med-Nin Sennin
Yen
ASP
Deaths
Kenshin would listen and listen carefully. There was regret there but a hope for change. Takeshi even said some words. Yes. It was going well but the final task was at hand. It would make or break the exam. All his questions were leading to this.

"You have passed the second portion. Please remember that you have allies everywhere. We are only as strong as we are united and i have noticed much pride in you. Pride can be a good thing. However there is too much of a good thing. Pride can come before the fall and therefore my last task is a matter of pride. Ziren, I want you to apologize to Takeshi for your transgressions specially the ones that lead you to me. Hopefully this apology is accepted and both of you can move forward. You may begin when you are ready." Kenshin his eyes flashing, just glancing at Takeshi briefly.

Kenshin would lean back and take a long drink of his tea. He would swirl the tea afterwards looking between Ziren and Takeshi. This was the moment of truth. What will happen now?

Chigokai Yuna

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Ziren listened to what Takeshi had to say, which was confirming what he had just said, about not trying to carry all the responsibility on his shoulders. And for him to accept the fact that he was nothing like Maru.

He turned his attention to Kenshin, who then said what the last part of his exam was. It was about pride. Something that Ziren has a lot of, which was why he mainly did things alone up to this point. And the final part if the exam. It was to apologise to Takeshi. He took a deep breath. After their argument, they didn't really have a lot to say to each other. Well, maybe Ziren was wrong on that, since the man did say that he was nothing like Maru, that he was in fact Ziren. His own person.

He looked at Takeshi. "I am sorry. Sorry for not telling you earlier of my brother, before he became a major issue. Sorry that I hurt Izumi. Sorry that I didn't call out for help when Maru was running amok in Tea."

He looked down. This was a lot harder than he thought. Mainly not because of the things he had apologized before. But what he is about to apologise for right now. His pride, he has a lot of it. And to even think of apologizing for the argument seemed like a lot. But this one time, he swallowed down his own pride.

"I am sorry. For the argument me and you had some days ago. For insulting you. For my behavior towards you during our last meeting. For demeaning you back then."

Ziren looked back up. He closed his eyes took a deep breath, and opened them again. It took a lot out of him in order to say that. He stayed quiet as the two before him would assess him of what he had just said.

Uchiha Takeshi

4th Hokage
Staff member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Takeshi allowed himself to listen to Ziren it seemed the man had grown after all. For better or worse that was yet to be seen though he allowed himself to listen to the words none the less as they where spoken. He sat in his chair silent for a few minutes as he pondered on the best way to handle this situation. Part of him wanted to bring up the past and resolve the issues the other part of him knew that was not required with Ziren already realizing the issues that he had made Takeshi instead sat silent for a few minutes pondering.

“Ziren, I feel like this is the right step forward, this is the good life that we all need and want. I accept your words”

Takeshi fell silent once more, he knew full well that it was time for the Main branch Sennin to stop talking and he wanted to make sure that he allowed Kenshin the opportunity to do his job, he would not hinder the man, nor would he stop him. It seemed that he was contempt with the answers that he had received from ZIren and he gave his nod of approval once more towards the Main Branch Sennin.

Kishiko Nagisa

Leaf Med-Nin Sennin
Yen
ASP
Deaths
Kenshin would listen and nod after each apology and finally nod towards Takeshi.

"Good. Then as Main branch Sennin I hereby graduate you and you are now a Genin... again." Kenshin would say with a slight pause. "Never forget Ziren you are here for this village and the village is here for you. If you ever find yourself in trouble ask. Continue to grow and may the next time we meet it will be under favorable circumstances. You are free to go unless Takeshi wants a word with you. Finish your tea at least. The both of you." Kenshin would say as he took a swig form his tea, filled out a paper, and placed it in Ziren's file. A stamp was added and KEnshin would begin to busy himself with paperwork.

[Ziren passes and is Now Genin unless objected to]
["Topic left" unless interacted with again]

Chigokai Yuna

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Ziren heard what was said. Takeshi accepted his apology and now he is back to being a Genin.

"Thank you. Both of you." Ziren said. It was kind of an awkward silence when Kenshin said he was Genin again. Maybe it was just him. But then again, maybe all he had to do was ask for help whenever he needed it.

Ziren took a sip of tea, from his cup and looked at Takeshi. "Is there anything you need Lord Hokage? Before I go?"

He waited to see if Takeshi had any last minute words. Anything that he needed Ziren to do before letting him go.

Uchiha Takeshi

4th Hokage
Staff member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Takeshi allowed himself to stand up, it seemed that Ziren had managed to prove himself and this was something of a good outcome today, as he moved the chair away he allowed a smile to spread across his lips showing his appreciation of the situation on his face, allowing himself a few seconds he turned to Kenshin first deciding to address the main branch Sennin in those few moments. After all it was his office that they were now sat in, it seemed only fair to speak with him first before going to anyone else.

“Nice work Kenshin, it seems that I was right to appoint you as the main branch Sennin, keep up the hard work and keep driving our new generation to be the best they can be. Without that we are nothing.”

Takeshi allowed himself to go to the door of the office as he opened it, stopping only briefly to turn to Ziren he looked at the back of the man in the chair, it seemed he had grown up slightly, if he knew that though was another matter completely.

“Congratulations on passing the exam, keep up the hard work in the future I have faith that you will go far under Kenshin’s guidance.”

[Topic Left]

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back