Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Where does that leave me? [Private]

Kimi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
          • [col]Rain. Small orbs of water falling gracefully from the sky, landing on whatever surface made itself most readily available. The fine mist creating a blanket across the world. The peaceful rhythm bathing the world in it's melody. The wind barely above a whisper, yet strong enough to carry the faintest sounds through the world. A melody, carried on wind through the rain-filled world. A simple melody, filled emotions that most wouldn't even begin to understand. The sadness of the world revealed through the simplistic song carried through the rain. The world was empty, devoid of human interaction, most logical beings safely tucked away for the night. The sun had said its final goodbye, and the world was at peace as such. Everyone was safely asleep...everyone except one small individual, and her violin.

Kimi stood in the middle of the darkened room, the moon's light barely illuminating the darkness. The music echoed through the halls, the notes blending together in a way entirely familiar to the world. World and Girl as one, she played the music of the earth. It wasn't unlike some of her other songs, the music holding the same fierce intensity and emotion as the rest; if anything it was even more powerful, the lonesome leading to a more pure form. Only one other person had ever heard her play with such intensity. And he surely wouldn't be there. She was truly alone. At least, that was what she determined. And as long as she remained as such, she was free. Her hair framed her face, her bright blue eyes were barely visible through black strands. It would be a strange sight. A small girl clothed entirely in black, the only spot of color breaking through being her eyes, staring blankly ahead. The night's sky reflected in the violin she held.

Why she chose that room to play her nightly tune, even she didn't know for certain. Maybe the gods were trying to speak to her through some strange means. It was the best she could figure, though she hadn't exactly devoted much thought towards it. The classroom was familiar to her...the only one in the academy she recognized. She hadn't walked it's halls multiple times. It wasn't as though she could claim habit led to said actions. There weren't even classes at that time due to the tournament. Even so, she was there. That room, now devoid of puppets, where she first learned about the mysterious arts of Genjutsu...The same mysterious arts she was beginning to understand on a basic level, and even utilize in her own fighting. Those same arts that she was now struggling to understand in a basic form. Questions filled her mind, though she pushed them aside. Now was not the time for such things. Now, there was just her and her music. And if there was one thing Kimi understood more than anything, it was her music.
|
goth_girl_in_rain_with_violin3.gif
[/col]

Tomomi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
04wh.jpg

Character Description:
Physical: Katsu stands at 5 feet 9 inches tall, with long straight black hair and a full beard for facial hair. He wears glasses for his hazel eyes and has straight natural teeth. Facial structure is natural and not abnormal in any way. His body is not level, he is shorter on the left side in every aspect and bares a lot of weight on his shorter side. He is in good shape however, but people wouldn't notice that quality in them because they would see the abnormal amount of scars on his body. He has a scar that runs down his spinal cord from a sword that slashed his back from earlier in his life and a scar on his ear from a childhood fight on a playground. But the most revealing scar is the one that is on his lips, as the scar is from a sword that slashed across the lips. In other words, he has a scar from one side of his upper lip to the opposite side on the bottom lip. Clothing all depends and will be described in the roleplay.

Mental: Overall, Katsu is deemed a "normal" member of society but he does struggle with some disorders: Obsessive–compulsive and bipolar. He isn't exactly the happiest person in the world. He tends to be a pessimistic on various issues and also believes the way to resolve an issue is to fight it out. It doesn't help he also has Xyrophobia(Fear of razors), Taphephobia(Fear of being buried alive or of cemeteries), Phasmophobia(Fear of ghosts), Thanatophobia(Fear of death or dying), Acrophobia(Fear of heights) and Merinthophobia(Fear of being bound or tied up).

NOTE: He looks exactly like the picture and then just add what I described here for appearance :D

Peaceful, beautiful and ever so soothing...those were words to describe the rain falling from the late night skies at the Academy. It was truly a pleasant and enjoyable sound to hear so late at night when another soul was not around at all. Tonight, Katsu was monitor the hallways of the Academy since it was his time out of all the teachers to do this job. It wasn't entirely the best job in the world, but it gave the Jounin some extra money in his pocket to add to the coffers of his high middle-class family. However, this "graveyard" overtime job still wasn't really meaningful or enjoyable considering Katsu loved action which was why he chose to be a medical shinobi and a puppet master. Either way, the job had to be done and he signed up for it but he really didn't want to be here.

Or did he? Surprisingly, there was a melody that transitioned from a room close to him to the hallways and it was a beautiful arrangement played on what Katsu believed was a violin. The use of a violin in music compositions wasn't entirely new to Katsu since he had heard one of his students, by the name of Kimi, play on her violin before some music that was elegantly beautiful and quite honestly left Katsu speechless at how amazing it sounded for someone so young. This music brought a question to Katsu's mind and he started to ponder it. "I wonder how she and the other two are doing in the tournament going on? Hopefully my teaching helped them move on and they are getting ready for some tough competition. I really should probably check on how that tournament is running either way though...but first I need to investigate where that music is coming from."

Following the sound of music, each step getting closer to the room, the room number finally appeared in the distance to Katsu and he just froze in his tracks. The room was his classroom where he first taught his students. What in the world was going on? How was there someone in his room when he had passed his room only moments earlier and the only way in was to go right past him? Things weren't adding up, but if someone managed to get by him...he really should figure out who. Thus, he forcefully moved himself towards the room as the music increased in dynamics as he got closer. When he finally was at his room, he peeked in seeing the figure illuminating in the moonlight with their violin and bow. The figure was in all black and even had black hair. What a beautiful sight, but the party had to be over for her.

With his index finger, Katsu flipped on the light switch and walked right over to the figure to be able to see her face. When he looked right at the face, he just was at a loss of words...it was Kimi! Why would she be out so late at night and at the Academy nonetheless without anyone else? Was she having problems with her family or did our violin instructor bash her on her playing? So many questions that could be asked, but none would be until Katsu recovered from his shock. It was one thing to say someone looked beautiful, but it was another thing to say your own student one was underage was beautiful! Easy mistake perhaps, but still creepy nonetheless. Shaking the embarrassment from his face, he looked at Kimi with a smirk and said: "I didn't expect to see anyone this late at night in the village, let alone the Academy. How have you been? I see you still have an amazing skill at playing your violin." He then took a seat in the corner and positioned it beside Kimi and sat down. At least he would have someone to talk to tonight!

Kimi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Kimi said:
          • [col]The constant pattering of the rainfall echoed in the music she played. The world turned, and as it turned, the music played. The soft crecendo, the music increasing, though never beyond the levels of the rain. If anything, the volume of the music blended with it in the perfect way. Violin and girl as one, a conduit for the music of the world. Nothing could break the safety found in the music. Nothing could possibly interru- A flick, the light switch being hit. The music came to a screeching halt. Kimi visibly winced at the unintentional sound she brought forth from the instrument. She set it down beside her, leaning it against the wall. She then turned herself, leaning up against the window as the footsteps approached. The squeak of a chair signaled the arrival of the visitor. She was about to speak herself, when a voice broke the relative silence. It was a voice she knew, though not one that she heard extremely often. A few moments later, she remembered the owner of said voice. Hatsuharu Katsu. Her Genjutsu instructor. "Oh! Sensei Katsu!" she commented, turning to face the direction of the voice. Her face a slight pink from his commenting on her skill. "I have been pretty good. Just focusing on the tournament." She shrugged. "And playing." she gestured to her violin with a smile.

What he was doing there, Kimi still had no idea. As far as she knew, she was alone. She should have been alone. Part of her was upset by the loss of playing time, yet the other part was grateful. It was a gift from the gods, that he had arrived just then. He certainly seemed skilled in the arts of Genjutsu. He more than anyone should have the knowledge to help her. Answer her questions about what had happened. Show her how to work with and master her newfound abilities. But how to approach the subject? It felt too awkward to just bring it up. Maybe a little small talk would help the conversation proceed in a logical, not-awkward manner. "And what about you?" she gave him a small smile. It had taken a few days, but she finally got all the remnants of the paint off her skin. Her bangs, however, weren't quite so lucky. Streaks of blue blurred their way from her brighter eyes of the same color, mixing with the black of her hair. In all reality, most of the reason it was there was that she couldn't tell. The strands mostly acted the same as her untainted hair, so there was no real reason for her to suspect anything. She brushed it to the side of her face, an unconscious act she hadn't intended to make. She really needed to get around to breaking that habit.
|
5f57e5f48326ceff71d006af84cff657.jpg
[/col]

Tomomi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The lighting of the room, the sound of the rain, and the playing of Kimi; it was simply perfect. This night had definitely increased in excitement and hopefully would keep Katsu interested at the very least. After all, he was being able to check up on one of his students and see how she was doing since her class that he taught. He hoped all would be well as they proceeded with their conversation and hopefully he would learn how the other two were doing as well. But as for now, Kimi had put down her violin and acknowledged her senpai like a good girl should to her elder. All seemed to be well with her as she was still playing her instrument and focusing on the tournament which meant she made it through the preliminaries. That was one of the three down, but how did the other two do? He would clearly need to address that matter when he found the opportunity to do so.

However, his questions would need to wait as there had to be a more pressing matter for Kimi to be here so late at night. Had she been seeking Katsu for something or did she find his room simply appealing to be it and practicing her instrument. Either way, Katsu was happy to see her again because he was worried that the three of his students were going to just wonder off and be simply strangers to him like so many of his colleagues and "friends" had done before. Twas the life of Katsu, but who cared anymore...it was the past and new leaves could fall from the tree of life at any given moment like tonight.

Thus, sitting in his chair and smiled at Kimi and said:"I have been well, myself. I heard you said you are focusing on the tournament so you made it through the preliminaries which is no surprise since I helped you along with the other two in Genjutsu. I just hope you used my teaching to good use and continue to do it. Remember, Genjutsu can be a life saver in a fight so try to know at least some of it! Or you could be like me and know every known Genjutsu out there haha." Turning away from Kimi, he couldn't help but laugh at himself for trying to gloat and show off to his student...what was he a teenager trying to impress his friends? Hell no, he was a young adult who needed to be mature and not ridiculous. Then, why did he get the urge that he needed to impress Kimi and everyone else in this village? Maybe it was because he never was good enough for anyone in his past and he still needed to prove himself...or maybe it was because he lacked self-confidence. It seemed more of the latter, but it could've also been a mix. However, returning his hazel eyes to Kimi, he said: "So what brought you out to the Academy this late at night? As you know none of the classes are going on because of the tournament and the only lessons being taught are to people actually graduated from the Academy. I mean, I love to see my students...but it is late at night and you probably should be at home resting up for your next round unless you find sitting in my classroom soothing to practice and let your mind wander. I don't really mind, I am really asking because I am curious."

He then cracked his knuckles to relieve the little pain coming from them and rested them on his lap awaiting a response from his student.

Kimi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Kimi gave her teacher a smile. If only he knew just how much she'd learned about Genjutsu in the short time since their class. Of course, she still had more to learn, especially about her abilities, but she was definately better than she had been at their last meeting. "Ah yes. The tournament." she smiled, remembering the first round with fondness. Her opponent was rather easy to beat, a fact she wasn't sure how to deal with. She hadn't done anything overly dramatic...But still she seemed to take almost no damage. "The preliminaries were a lot easier than they probably should have been. But..." she trailed off, not sure if she wanted to get into her fears for the upcoming rounds. It was one thing for her to fight before...her vision was at least somewhat decent with her glasses. But now...

Sure, she could still function as normal, finding that even non-moving objects reacted with the sound waves as they made their way throughout any given space. But fight? She just wasn't sure. It didn't seem like a smart idea, especially not one she wanted to test out in such an important, public event. If she did fail, it would be more than just embarrassing. Even so, this was a teacher she was talking to. Surely he could help her out, or at the very least, give her some sort of advice. "But I'm not sure I should continue on to the next round." she finished, sighing. "Genjutsu is pretty great! But...how is it supposed to save me if I can't even..." she couldn't say it. She couldn't audibly acknowledge the fact that she could no longer see. She accepted it, knew it was true, knew there was nothing anyone could do about it, but still just couldn't find a way to say it aloud. She sighed again, her arms crossed loosely in front of her.

Grateful for his next question, she smiled. "I have often found sanctuary in the night's calm. I came here because..." ...because I was too afraid to try to venture out into the city this late at night to try and find my usual spot... "...it seemed like a peaceful place to relax and play my song while staying out of the rain. It's not good for Sunrise and Nightfall." she gestured to her instrument, knowing full well that most wouldn't know the names. "And..well...It's one of the few classrooms I can safely and easily get to and from...without worrying too much about getting lost." she added, almost as an afterthought. "What might you be doing this late at night?" he was probably there on some sort of teacherly business, but she figured why not ask. The worst that can happen is he says he can't tell her, and that's not really a big deal. It was just her way of trying to shift the focus off of herself, hoping he wouldn't feel the need to go back and address the tournament discussion.

Tomomi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Receiving a smile from his little student, he smiled right back as he let his mind wonder off to give Kimi some time to conjure up a response to all his questions. Many questions were stemming in the Jounin's mind like what he was going to do when he got home from this night of doing his guardly duty and what he was planning on doing tomorrow since his day was technically an off-day because of the tournament going on. Maybe he would go actually see some of the fighting in the tournament or possibly he would just relax at his home and do absolutely nothing. But, if anything else he really should get on work with his fighting strategy since he had submitted to a draw against Itsuke due to their same strength and so neither of them exhausted or killed the other. That was indeed a fight that would need to be renewed at a little date after Katsu's life wasn't as busy. But for now, it seemed Kimi was ready to speak and because of that Katsu gave his full attention to her as she began.

Seemingly, Kimi had no issues with her opponent in the preliminaries which was good. But, she trailed off while talking which brought up some concern to Katsu. Something was definitely wrong in Katsu's mind now with Kimi. She was not the most confident person in Stone, who was honestly, but she did seem to believe in yourself and was always showing a bright spirit to Katsu. But, this comment was concerning to Katsu and he would need to address the matter further with her after she finished. Allowing her to continue, her positive outlook continued to diminish as she wasn't entirely sure if she should continue and again she trailed off while she was talking. Katsu's smile to her began to turn upside down as he was more concerned for her, he needed to cheer her up! This was one of his students were goodness sake's! But, again, he allowed her to continue talking which seemed changing the subject seemed to trigger her happy mechanism in her. That was a good feeling in Katsu to have made her feel confident and happy again, probably only because he was tying in her love, he assumed, to playing her instrument and shifting away from shinobi things to her real, personal life. It was an even greater feeling to know his room was a location she felt safe and could find for solitude. With that little response, Katsu smirked at her and began his part of the conversation...he just hoped he wouldn't trigger anything bad in her mind or upset her.

Looking at her still, he said: "It makes me happy to know that you find my room acceptable enough for your playing, and that you do continue your personal hobbies while training and learning to be a shinobi. That is an important lesson to learn quickly before you grow enough to be a genin. Just because you are a shinobi, that doesn't mean you can't enjoy your personal hobbies. Don't forget that!" He then got up from his seat and stepped right in front of Kimi and put his hands on her shoulders with his head beside her head looking out the window as he began to speak again: "Kimi, listen to me. I taught you for one class, but I see your potential not just in Genjutsu but also as a shinobi...don't give up or put yourself down. I believe in you as not you teacher, but as your friend. I have faith in you, don't give up. You need to go on in the tournament, you are going to be seen as an underdog but I WANT you to prove them wrong. I expect you, Kei and Sabaku all to make it to the final rounds and fight it all out between one another."

He then focused his eyes to Kimi's face or what would be face if she didn't have black hair with paint in her air that was blue. That was another question that would be asked after he took his breath. After a sigh, he continued: "What were you saying about Genjutsu? You trailed off which raises alarms in me that something is wrong. Is there something about Genjutsu that you need to know about that I forget to mention or was not general information? I mean I am here and will be for awhile so why don't you ask me any questions you have? I won't bite too much, I promise haha. But before you answer, could I know why your hair has been tainted with blue paint in it?"

As awkward as it may seem to Kimi the way Katsu approached her, he was only caring about her and to stop her from downing herself anymore than she already had. He just wanted his students to be confident in themselves and strive to be the best they could be. But to do that, they need to seek his help if need be and just use Katsu as they see fit!

Kimi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Kimi couldn't help but smirk at the idea that her playing violin was simply a hobby. She knew that was how most people saw it, but she also knew how wrong they were. It was as much a part of her life as breathing. He stood, then, and repositioned himself in front of her. She just looked at him, her blue eyes never swerving or flinching at the motion. He tried to encourage her, then, and she wanted to believe him. She really did. Of course, she knew she could be a great shinobi...once upon a time. How could she possibly be the same now when she couldn't even see her teacher in front of her face. She still knew and could 'see' exactly what was going on, but that wasn't the point. The young girl was so caught up on the fact she had lost her eyesight, that she didn't even fully comprehend the extent to which her hearing had become emphasized. There was something about the whole situation that got Kimi caught up on the, in all honesty, unimportant factors. She sighed. Of course he'd ask questions. She should have expected that when she started the conversation. "The problem isn't the Genjutsu..though that's confusing enough as it is!" she smirked, remembering the strange way her song mixed with her Genjutsu during the preliminaries, "The problem is...everything else!"

She sighed, flicking her hair out of her face again, just to have it fall back. She never seemed to be okay with it. She considered cutting it, but never really found a reason to. And with everything that happened over the last few days...there was even less of a reason. "Oh...shit. There's still paint in my hair!?" she ran her fingers through the strands repeatedly, trying her best to scrape the unwanted color out. "That happened on my first...and only...mission." she muttered, giving up on trying to get it to go away. "Some guys didn't react to my...innocent...questioning very well. They were vandalizing one of the buildings downtown. I managed to spook them. They sprayed me." she shuddered, remembering the way the spray paint burned her eyes. "They blinded me." she admitted after a moment's pause. She knew things had changed since then; her abilities had grown and molded themselves in a strange, and unexpected way. She just didn't know what those ways were, or how to even go about explaining it.

Tomomi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Listening intently to her talk, Katsu's expressions varied accordingly to what Kimi spoke. When she had smirked at his comments, he smirked right back at her. But, that smile vanished completely from both the student and the teacher's faces. With a sigh, Kimi began to talk to Katsu again and noted how genjutsu was "confusing" to say the least but more importantly everything else was wrong. His poor student then cursed at him as she tried to get the paint out of her hair with little to no effort on her part, he felt bad for her and thought about potentially cutting out the hair that she had gotten tainted from those thugs. That irked Katsu too to hear how she had gone on her mission and received a spraying from the thugs, what pathetic lowlife scum. If Kimi could potentially describe the boys, Katsu could teach them a lesson in respect towards their village and to a woman.

But alas, the little idiots would have to wait to be punished because there were more pressing matters at hand. Looking at his student, he said: "What is confusing about Genjutsu to you? And what else is wrong? I am your instructor, but more importantly, I am your friend and I will always be your friend, Kimi. You can come to me about anything, I promise. As for your mission, could you tell me what the individuals looked like that sprayed you and what your mission was?"

He then backed away from Kimi and pulled a kunai out of his belt pouch that he was wearing, letting the steel of the knife slide between his fingers as he began to talk again. "Look, you do have blue paint still in your hair which honestly looks nice in your hair if it wasn't uneven. But I am offering you a free haircut with this kunai knife in my hand. I do not have any experience with cutting hair, but I am willing to cut off the hair that is sprayed with blue. The choice is yours though! As for your blindness, it isn't necessarily the worst thing in the world, but I am terribly sorry for your eye loss. But, you could use this loss to your advantage...I mean when one sense goes down, the others all go up usually. Your hearing and smell probably have drastic increased, no? I am sure if you worked on your fighting without your sight...you'd be still killing it!"

He held the knife firmly in his hand and said: "I also have a proposal for you related to you passion in your violin."

Kimi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
A shrug. Kimi didn't really know how else to react. The entire situation with the paint and the cat was all so strange. It was the sort of thing she couldn't understand, and didn't think anyone else could really help her with. "My hair?" she flicked her head slightly, causing the locks in question to swing to the side slightly, "I appreciate the offer, but they really aren't that bothersome. I'm sure it'll wash out shortly." she forced a smile. "hmm...I hadn't thought about it like that...I've always...had good hearing. But now..." she turned her head in his direction. "...now, without even turning to look, I could tell that you're wearing a long coat, the kind that your hair brushes up against when you turn your head or move certain ways. And you favor one side. Your uneven footsteps were a clear indication." she stopped herself before she started rambling. "Ultimately, I'm not horribly out of luck..." she shrugged. "I guess I'm just worried."

She then thought about her problems with Genjutsu. Now that. That was something Katsu could most likely help with. "I wouldn't say it's a problem, so much as confusing. I was fighting in the preliminaries...and when I was singing...the Genjutsu I was planning to use...manifested itself through my songs...I don't know how it happened! Is that...normal?" she inquired, one eyebrow piqued. She needed some sort of answers...and he was the only person she knew with any sort of skill at Genjutsu. Maybe he'd know what was going on. She picked up her violin at that moment, putting it safely back in it's case. If she hadn't done it then, she may very well have done something to injure it in some way. It was a risk she simply wasn't willing to take. She set the case on the ground beside her, turning her attention back to Katsu. She certainly wasn't expecting this sort of conversation, but it wasn't necessarily a bad thing. Maybe she could get things done.

Tomomi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
As the night continued on, the wind began to pick up more intensely outside and the water falling from the sky intensified. The wind and rain hitting hard against the window outside and lighting began to form in the sky. This night was going fine inside however with the two individuals in the classroom as Kimi had continued their little conversation going into details about Katsu's proposal and kindly declining the offer. In doing so, the Uchiha put his kunai knife back into his belt pouch as she continued. To Katsu's surprise, Kimi had managed somehow to describe his footsteps and his outfit. But how did she manage to do that? It had to be because of her loss of sight that had strengthened her other senses. Katsu just smiled at her and nodded which didn't really mean anything since she couldn't see, but he was just simply agreeing with her.

The conversation then took a turn and went back to the topic of Genjutsu which made Katsu happy. So she did need him, good. However, her statement was definitely different than a normal question as she was singing in the prelimaries and managed to get her genjutsu to work through her singing. Interesting, but it wasn't completely new to him. It was possibly that she had triggered something inside of her that she was born with when she had gone blind or she could've just reached the age where she magically went through changes and everything started falling into place. Or, she just was lucky and gifted in her singing where she had managed to get Genjutsu to go through it. However, it seemed she was more worried if what she did in the preliminaries was normal or not. Smiling, he put a hand on her head and said: "Kimi, you are normal...don't worry about that. Your mind may have triggered something in you ancestry when you went blind that allows you to hear better and use Genjutsu through your singing. From the information you provided me, it seems like you may have some Hashigaki blood in you. The Hashigaki are an unique clan that focus on sound. Typically, the Hashigaki are born blind or at a lack of eyesight. Although, they have some of the most beautiful eyes throughout the land. I can attest to your eyes being beautiful because they are, but it does seem like you have some of that clan's blood flowing through your veins. Don't fear it, embrace it! I can already see that you have abilities from that clan, since you can hear so intently my littlest movements with my coat and my uneven footsteps that even I wasn't focusing on. I promise you nothing is wrong with you, and this is beneficial in a way. But, if you do want your sight back at any time..let me know. I can't cure blindness but I can potentially give you surgery or hand you over to the medical chief of my division to look at you. It's always an option, but ultimately you must decide on that."

The next action that Katsu did, he didn't even know why he did it. He took his hand off of Kimi's head and wrapped his arms around her hugging her possibly for support. His eyes then teared up and he began to sniffle. With his head down on Kimi's shoulder he said: "I am sorry to be acting strange like this, but it has to be horrible for you to lose your sight like you did and wander from that scene in the dark abyss. I feel terrible that I couldn't protect you from them or at least stopped pathetic scum like them from messing with our village. I swear I won't let them or anyone hurt you again like that. Kimi, you are a friend to me first and foremost and I need to look out for my friends. Please forgive me for not being there for you..." Tears began to roll quicker down his face and would absorb into the outfit that Kimi was wearing. This night was surely a strange one to say the least.

Kimi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The wind blew harder, and Kimi grinned. It was a wonderful night for playing, though she would have to admit, it wasn't the sort of weather she would want to be outside in. At least, no sane person would want to be. Of course, Kimi could hardly be considered sane. She probably would have been out there playing if she hadn't been able to make her way into the academy. The safety of the classroom provided shelter from the weather. She was momentarily distracted by said weather, nearly forgetting that she wasn't alone in the room. The slightest shifting of her companion, however, reminded her otherwise. He then spoke, and Kimi's eyes lit up. The things he were saying...they sounded nearly too good to be true. She wasn't just some freak. The abilities she had only begun to understand...They were in her blood. They were natural to her. Ha-shi-ga-ki she repeated the word in her mind, testing the way the letters formed the name. That was the name of her bloodline. She was just beginning to process everything he was telling her, when he proceeded to tell her how bad he felt. She opened her mouth to respond, when she found herself wrapped in a hug. She could feel his tears running down his face. How would she react to that? She really didn't know what to say. She wasn't the most skilled at things involving emotion. So, she settled for a rather awkward pat on the back. At least, it felt awkward to her...she could only hope it would be at least somewhat comforting to him. "Thank you..." she muttered, not quite sure what more to say. She took a deep breath, wrapping her arms around her teacher in a hug. If she hadn't known better, she'd say he was taking the news harder than she was. That wasn't the case, however, and she knew it. The only reason she was able to hold herself together is because...well...she had practice with it. Even so, a single tear escaped her eyes, and she wiped it away quickly. The night was definately interesting, that much she was certain of.

Deep breath. Calm yourself. Kimi repeated such phrases to herself, a sort of meditation to keep her calm. She patted Katsu's back, before stepping out of his embrace. "So..." she spoke after giving him a moment to collect himself. "You mentioned in class that your bloodline also has Genjutsu associated with it..." she continued on the conversation they had previously been discussing. "How did you come to master the skills of your bloodline? Did they just come to you naturally, or did you find someone who could teach you?" she inquired. She was incredibly interested in how to further her abilities. And this new bloodline stuff? Well, that could only give her an advantage over her opponents. That, and it gave some sort of reassurance that she was doing the right thing in studying Genjutsu. She looked at her teacher intently, eager to learn whatever she could in what was quickly becoming an impromptu lesson of sorts.

((MFT))

Tomomi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Letting the tears roll down his face, he hugged Kimi as he burrowed his head in her shoulder as he stood there. It seemed his kunochi was at a loss of words that her instructor had begun to cry in front of her and in all honesty, Katsu was a little shamed he did as well. Surely his actions were not the best that he could've shown Kimi nor were they how he wanted to react. They just kind of happened that way and now both individuals were just going to have to deal with it. Eventually, the waterworks closed down and Katsu whipped the remaining tears from his face to continue their conversation. Sitting back down in his chair, he listened to his student question how he had come to master his Genjutsu and if it was naturally or if he was taught. Letting a smile enter his face, he said: "You really are interested in Genjutsu, I didn't think I would light a spark like this under any of my students. But, I am glad you did seek me out and are asking me these questions. I will now attempt to answer your question...but I don't know how that will go. Anyways, my bloodline came to me when I was being bullied at roughly your age. So I suppose we both had our inner abilities triggered because of trauma in our lives...but as for how I mastered my skills....I did a mixture of just training by myself, research in the library, and asking my family about it. My parents were pretty psyched about me unlocking the abilities, it is just a shame that they weren't like that when I graduated or became who I am today. But it is whatever."

He then looked away from Kimi with his eyes closed. He still couldn't figure out why his parents didn't care about him hardly at all anymore. Was it because he had grown up and wasn't their little boy anymore or was there something more pressing happening. It didn't matter to him too much to him, because he was going to do what he thought was best for him and the village. He didn't care if they didn't like it or not. Yet, that pain of his parents haunted his mind as he turned back to Kimi to begin talking again. "There are many ways to learn and trigger new abilities. I am willing to mentor you to help you unlock learn new things about your bloodline and hopefully I will be helping myself and you in the long run, right?"

He then shut his mouth and went back to waiting for her answer.

[Yeah...no, sorry about this lame post.
mft:448]

Kimi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Kimi nodded. It sure seemed like Katsu knew what he was talking about when it came to these sorts of things. It was a much-welcome change from her conversation with her father went. While he was sure excited that she seemed to be doing well, developing fighting skills and such, the nature of said skills, and the way her bloodline manifested, sure didn't make him happy. It seemed like every step she took towards making him happy, just ended up pushing the two of them further away. Maybe if she learned to use her skills to the best of her abilities..if she found a way to fight...maybe then she could make her father proud. It wasn't important. She knew full well that it wasn't important. Instead, she simply had to focus on being the best she could be, and pushing everything else away. Nothing else mattered.

She took a deep breath, a small smile on her face. "I would be grateful for any training you could assist me with." she said. "I have very little knowledge about these sorts of things..." she let her face fall slightly before cheering back up. The mere thought of having someone to help her out cheered her up. Sure, she knew that Souji had offered to teach her, but it never hurt to get help from as many different people as possible. Everyone had different skills...different strong points. She knew Souji could teach her the ways of fighting in stealth, but Katsu was obviously skilled at Genjutsu. Moreso than anyone else she had yet to meet. "Are there others with my bloodline skills in this village that you know of?" she inquired, almost too hopeful. Her mother had most certainly been of the same bloodline, though it would do no good to her now.

Tomomi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Again, the medical Uchiha listened intently to his student as she addressed her appreciation towards him and questioned if he knew anyone else in the village that had her abilities that he knew of. Lowering his head, he sighed deeply as he felt somewhat bad for not being able to help her out with finding someone, but then he remembered that she looked eager to learn from him and he cheered himself up. Looking outside as the storm continued to pick up, he began to speak again to Kimi. "I wouldn't expect you to have much knowledge about your bloodline since you really only started to unlock your potential uses of it, correct? However, like I said before...I will gladly help you out! As for your last question, no I do not know of anyone in the village who has your bloodline or any relation to it. However, I am sure you or myself could find some knowledge about it from talking to people or going to the library. I understand you cannot see, so I would go to the library if you wanted me to. I would probably dig up some information on your bloodline in general and then look through records that are available and see if there is anyone truly that shares your bloodline. Fair enough?"

He then readjusted himself in his seat before continuing. "So how is everything going with your family? I am sure some things probably have changed since you have gone blind and unlocked these powers. By the way, I have a question for you about your playing when you are ready to answer it." He then stretched a little, as the rain began to slow down drastically and the storm that they got was seizing to just a mere shower.

[MFT: 299]

Kimi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Kimi let out a breath she didn't realize she had been holding. It was too much to ask that someone else in the village would share her blood. Surely, someone may know something, but that would obviously take a little more searching then that. An offer...one to research in the library. It was greatly appreciated, but just not Kimi's sort of thing. She couldn't let herself worry about it too much, or she wouldn't be able to focus on anything else. "Thank you, but if I start searching for others...I may never quit." she muttered, relaxing against the wall. The storm raged on, the rain echoing in her ears. It certainly wasn't the sort of weather she would want to be caught outside in, and was grateful not for the first time that night, that she had chosen an indoor location to play. Her violin was still a little dirty from her last excursion, and she really needed to get it cleaned up.

"My...family..." of course. She should have expected him to inquire about that. "Things certainly would have changed...if he knew. He knows about the events surrounding my bloodline activating. But he hasn't quite understood that I've...gone blind. He wouldn't want to hear about it anyway. I'm no expert fighter." she lifted her rather thin arms, as if to emphasize her point. Her father had a punch that could knock out anyone. He expected his child to be just as strong at fighting...and music certainly wasn't an acceptable form of combat to him. Any conversation stopped the moment her music was brought up. "He hates my music..." she muttered, pulling her violin closer to her. "The only reason he never broke Nightfall was because...it used to be my mothers..." she sighed. Her family life wasn't something she talked much about. Why she said as much as she had, she didn't even know.

"My playing?" she tilted her head in question.

Tomomi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Listening, he heard the sigh from his dear student and friend. It made him a little sad, to say the very least, because she was probably hoping for someone else that had her abilities to seek additional help. But instead, she was stuck with Katsu and that was the closest thing that she was going to get probably from the village at her current state. In other words, at such a young age and just unlocking her abilities, the village didn't care that much about her. But, Katsu did firstly as a friend and secondly as her teacher. If a friend of Katsu's needed help, they should expect help since he cared dearly for his friends...didn't really have any but the ones he did, he cared a lot about them.

However, his wondering thoughts would have to wait as Kimi had begun to speak again. When she talked about her family, Katsu shifted in his chair and shook his head in disappointment. Who would truly not support their child throughout her struggle she is enduring and love her no matter how she turned out. If anything, even if she didn't live up to his expectations he should respect that and let his little girl alone. What Kimi said really bugged Katsu as he let his mind trail off again, but it was quickly returned when she answered his question about her playing with her own question.

Breathing in heavily, he let all his emotions escape from him and to allow himself to calm down. It would serve no purpose to reply with any stabbing words about her family situation or any disrespect in general. When he had allowed himself to shimmer down, he began to speak. "You're welcome, anything for a friend. Just like my volunteering to help you with your bloodline, I will offer you some more help. If you would feel more comfortable leaving your father and living with my parents and I, er well hopefully I move out but as for now parents, then you may. I offer you this because I would rather have my friends living with me where they are going to be given support throughout their lives even when they are doing good or bad. I have nothing against your father, but he seems like a lousy dad. I mean even if your daughter doesn't match up to your standards, you should still respect her and love her...." He trailed off momentarily only to let the words set in and so he could allow himself to think quickly before responding more. "As for a expert fighter, he may think that you aren't...but an expert fighter is not set in stone. As you know I am skilled in Genjutsu and Puppets. Now, I know some taijutsu and ninjutsu...but I focus only on genjutsu and puppets. Why? Because that is what I practiced since I was young and it is what I am the most skilled in. You showed me your arms which makes me assume your dad is some hard hitting taijutsu user. Guess what? Who cares! You have a talent for playing the violin so you should use that in your fighting style and that should be how you fight. If you can figure out how to channel Genjutsu through the violin, you would be helping yourself out or singing works too. There is no true expert fighter, the expert fighter is the one who finds what they are skilled at and use that to fight."

Standing up due to the poor quality of the chair and how it was hurting his south side, Katsu smirked as he was now onto his proposal with her. This would hopefully cheer her up this night and also give her some hope on her future. "You don't know that much about me, but my family has some money. And in doing so, I have saved up money that I earned through working at jobs, chores for them, and just my pay for being a shinobi. Anyways, I have come to conclude that this village lacks a center for musical talents and the arts. Which is why I am buying some space that is in the village for sell and opening up a theater for the village. Now, I will need actors and musicians for the opening day. I was wondering if you would like to join me in my little goal. You would be paid for your performances based on a set pay with bonuses for the amount of people you manage to bring in. What do you say?"

Kimi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Kimi quirked a brow. It seemed Katsu had a lot to say all at once, as she had already gathered from her time in his class. She took what he had to say in parts, if only for her own sanity. She was eternally grateful that he was another that she could add to her small, yet growing list of friends. And then her brain spun. Move in? "How old even are you?" she wondered, not realizing she said it aloud until it was too late. At which point, she cursed silently. Why did she say that aloud? It could only possibly come off as rude. He did mention living with his parents, so reasonably he couldn't be THAT old. Then again, who really knew with shinobi nowadays. He seemed to have a strong sense of family, and that was strangely reassuring. Kimi never really saw much in family, choosing instead to rely on herself for most things. It's probably not the best way for a child to grow up, but it got her this far. Losing her vision wasn't a huge thing, she never really saw well to begin with, but it did make certain things difficult. "It's definately something to think about..." she nodded, and think about it she would. She sort of laughed at his idea of her father. Laughed because of how accurate he was. An unarmed fighter all the way, her father really knew how to pack a punch. Katsu used Genjutsu and Puppets. Now there was a statement that didn't surprise her at all. She could remember those puppets. She didn't like them. "Puppets creep me out sometimes." she commented, again, not quite intending for it to be aloud. Wow, she was really bad at keeping her thoughts to herself today. She looked at her violin. The small instrument was a direct conduit for sound...for her skills. Sound was her strong point...sound and illusion. Exactly what her father didn't want to see in her. It was ironic, in a sense, that those things that made her so like her mother, are the things that push her away from her father.

She then let her mind take in the second half of his conversation. A theater? In Iwa? The prospect caused a small smile to rise to Kimi's face. The village needed somewhere to hang out that was entirely focused on music. It was a brilliant idea, and the fact that Katsu could actually make it happen was even better. "I...I'd love to!" she exclaimed rather excitedly, a small blush rising to her cheeks. She knew she had some skill with the violin, but to have someone actually ask her to play in a professional sense made her really happy. That, and the prospect of meeting some other musical-type folks. She nodded, and stated more calmly, "I'll help out in whatever way I can!" Okay, so maybe it wasn't exactly more calmly. She was a kid, after all. And when she got excited about something...well...she got excited about it.

Tomomi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Closing his eyes and smiling, he listened as his younger friend began her end of their conversation. It was nice that he had gotten to know his student much more today than he could have when they were in their class earlier in the month. It was just a shame that the time between them was going to have to end very soon because of Katsu needing to actually do his job of patrolling the Academy and his friend really should be getting home herself since it was getting late even if her father was a royal pain. Listening to everything she had to say, he heard excitement in her voice and couldn't help but chuckle a little to himself as it was good thing to hear someone excited about something after not being excited or hearing any excitement in so long. It gave Katsu a warm fuzzy feeling inside, letting it all soak in before he begun his response.

After the feeling had lingered away, he began to respond with a little chuckle in his response. "How old am I? Haha, how old do you think I am when you saw me the first time? 20 something? Thirty something? I am honestly only nineteen years old, I know it is surprising they would be allowing me to teach at such a young age. But, you know when you are exceptional in your Academy Classes and graduate so quickly, things tend to happen that way haha. As for my proposition, definitely consider it for yourself...you are my friend and I want you to be safe and not worried about your life with your dad if he is going to be aggressive..." Trailing off, he looked outside at the rain continuing to fall as he resumed his response. "My puppets creep you out, eh? Haha that is perfectly fine to be creeped out by the weapons. I know they aren't entirely the best looking thing and some people make them look worse than mine look to strike fear into their opponents before they actually start to fight. But, I have to use them because I was not gifted in my bloodline's capabilities to use fire jutsu and use it well to our advantage. I mean I know the bloodline's fire ninjutsu, but that is about it and it isn't entirely that well. The last time I used that jutsu, I nearly lost my eyesight...see the jutsu tends to cause one's eyes to start to bleed from using it and if used too much...we will go blind. So, it is a last resort. That is also why I wear glasses, I lost part of my eyesight from using it a few times and need the lenses to help me see."

"Wow, did I JUST tell her about some of my blood's sacred powers? Oh my, the elders wouldn't be happy about this...they already aren't happy with me because I can't manage to use fire ninjutsu...what the Hell are you doing Katsu?" he thought as he returned his eyes back to Kimi and smirked as he began to answer the last part of their conversation. "I am glad that you are interested in my idea, that makes me feel a lot better that I have an act to at least start the place up. You can help out by practicing and fine-tuning your skills, and potentially if I need you to...help build the facility and be there for opening night. But as for tonight, I really should get back to patrolling the Academy to make sure no bad guys get in and you should probably be heading home...it is getting kinda late. Don't ya agree?"

He then sat there and awaited a response.

[MFT: 627 Words]

Kimi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Nineteen. It certainly wasn't quite what Kimi was expecting. Her first impression definately led her to believe he was older. Of course, that could have been mostly due to the fact he had been introduced to her as a teacher before all else. "Oh yes, I'm sure you're just the best around." she teased. For some reason, viewing him as someone not even out of his teens made it a little easier for Kimi to relax and joke around. Things weren't quite so...formal...in her mind. It wasn't awkward for them to become friends, or for them even to really spend time talking and hanging out. Sure, it may seem a little odd. She wasn't exactly a teenager quite yet, and he was nearly past that stage in life, but who was she to say they couldn't still be friendly. Hell, people her age had siblings who would have been about his age, didn't they? "I don't think my father could actually hurt me. Most of the time when I see him, he's drunk off his ass and can hardly stand." she laughed, trying to add a little humor into the situation. She really did love her father, though he wasn't always the best person to have in her life.

"I think the worst part about the puppets is they way they seem to move on their own. I mean, I know how it works and everything, but seriously. It's so...strangeeee" she made a wiggling motion with her fingers, emulating the way she imagined puppet strings to work. It was a mocking sort of gesture, though one made in good fun. Katsu mentioned something about fire jutsu, and bleeding eyes, and she frowned. That didn't sound pleasant at all. At least with her bloodline, everyone pretty much knew what to expect. They were blind. And they had ways they naturally compensated for that. But Katsu. He wasn't Hashi-whatever. He wouldn't have the benefit of enhanced hearing to help him if he lost his eyesight. "You have to be careful." she half-muttered, her mind following that train of thought. "I don't want to have to turn around and start teaching you how to do things without vision." her previously teasing voice turned incredibly serious. That wasn't the sort of thing she wanted to see happen to any of her friends. It just wasn't fun. "On the bright side. Playing wouldn't be a problem. Apparently I'm pretty good at it." she used the rather obvious understatement to try and lighten the situation. He then mentioned that it was getting late, and she shrugged. "Is it? I hadn't noticed." she reached for her watch before pausing. There was no need to use that thing. It was loud, obnoxious, and more trouble than it was worth. She swore sometimes that it was made for someone deaf AND blind, not just blind. "Either way. I'm probably keeping you from doing your job...which is probably to make sure people like me aren't around, now that I think about it." she tilted her head towards the window, where the sounds of rain could still be heard, though they were lessening slightly. "Maybe if I'm lucky, the rain will stop for a little while." She smiled. "It was good to see ya! We should talk more sometime." she nodded, turning to leave. Her violin case now securely on her back, she gave a small wave.

[topic left unless stopped]

Tomomi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Doing what he did best, the teacher listened to his student as she responded to his long "speech" that he gave to her being the responses to her side of the conversation. It was funny how the quiet introverted male had blossomed into a talkative and attentive young man since he had become a teacher and a Jounin for that matter. But, that didn't matter as his attention needed to be on the responses that Kimi was presenting to him and thus far he had a big smile on his face as she teased him and tried her best to joke around with him. It was ironic how he came off when he was presenting his age, and he chuckled as he probably made himself look like a cocky son of a bitch in front of her which he by no means meant to do. But with that, the joking continued about his puppets but quickly changed to a serious tone from her as she was telling him to be careful and pretty much not to overdo it or he would have to be taught by the student on how to fight with no eyesight. At least she was considerate about the man at the very least, that was a good trait in anyone. But, there was no time to think as she continued talking and giving a big understatement about her playing which made him smirk again and laugh again, at least she knew how to keep someone entertained and cared about her friend. Lastly, she said it was probably time for her to get going and Katsu nodded at her watching her get up and begin to leave. While she was beginning to leave, he smirked and said: "I love the sarcasm in your voice, I did sound pretty cocky haha. Rest assured, I can back up my words as you have seen. As for your dad, again the offer stands if you need me or want to come over because of trouble at home. Don't worry about my eyes though, I will be careful and besides if need be...you can teach me your way of fighting haha."

He then turned to face the window as the rain began to slow down into a little shower as he continued: "You are good at playing, we will figure out a time to get you to perform in the theater after construction is complete on the building and I know the rundown of how things should run and costs. And I agree, it was nice talking to you. Keep in touch, Kimi. I don't bite THAT much!" After those words, the Jounin would stand as his student would walk out of the room and he himself would follow to continue to patrol the halls to make sure no bad guys got in or out of the building without having Hell to pay.

[Words:483
Topic left]

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back