Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Where shinobi are found~ [Closed Event]

Junan

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The streets were busy, people walking around the capital city either on lunch, walking to another job, or working on the streets themselves. Carts and the like made their way along the streets and the pungent odor of horse piss and fertilizer held strong in the air. This was the fantastic capital city of Raiden's Eye, the capital of Lightning Country, the center of an event that 99% of the population would be completely unaware of.

Down one of the myriad of roads and alley ways walked a figure. Human in form, but none seemed to notice it. It looked like an old woman holding her pet cat, yet under the brim of the over sized hat was only shadow. None could see her face, and none would truly want to. For she was not of this world, and neither was the cat. The cat was ginger, standing out against the black dress of the woman and although at a brief look would seem to be happy in her arms upon closer inspection it was anything but.

The cat had a clear expression of annoyance behind a facade of enjoyment. The eyes were what truly betrayed the creature however as they were ready for the hunt.

What was the wee creature hunting however? Clearly the people in the city were being ignored... so what else could it be searching for...

They were hunting shinobi, but for what purpose?

[OOC: No-one is to join this thread. I will send invites to those who are welcome.]

Shinrya Kitsune

11th Raikage
Staff member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Kitsune sat at once of the many cafes littered about the capital along with Shashu, a maid-kunoichi that she had taught at the Kumo academy, enjoying the weather which was a whole lot warmer than Kumo, and the various different foods she could try. I should import this to Kumo. It’s really good~ she thought to herself as she took another bite of the deep-fried, meat filled thin dough. Apparently the shop owner called it a Samosa. It was inspired by a combination of Marsh, Bear, and Water country style cooking. It was brilliant in Kitsune’s opinion, deep-frying bread and meat was genius. Though, she was also a fan of the much more foreign food known as a burrito. It was even better. Wheat-pancake wrapped around meat and salad and vegetables, throw in some dressing, and perhaps some spicy salsa, and bam. A perfectly decent meal.

”Excusez moi garçon” Kitsune would say as the waiter walked by her table. ”Could you possibly bring me another cup of your delicious chocochino, and a tray of assorted pastries and/or cakes? Oh, and whatever my companion here desires~” she asked him and smiled. The waiter replied ”Of course milady, right away.” and gave a light bow. Being a baroness gave certain advantages compared to a regular customer. ”So, Shashu-chan. How’s your studies at the academy going? Learning something useful? Or are your teachers being more or less rather useless?” she asked her companion and smiled. Hopefully she was learning something useful, like where to hit people to make them faint instantly, and not something silly like the etiquette needed for a ball only attended by nobles.

Shu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Shin was presently seating in a small cafe area reading the local paper. Karou was some where around Raiden's Eye exploring the city to gain some experience before they finally they return to Kumogakure. The day was as quiet as before. On his table was a modest plate of loaf slices and a modicum of butter on the side complemented with a kettle of boiling green tea.

"Father..." An ephemeral voice spoke behind Shin. Shin's gray eyes shifted to the direction of the voice. The voice was accompanied by a dark shrouded figure with its countenance hidden behind a heavy black hood. "Deta, you have returned from you mission?" Shin inquired as he flipped a page from his newspaper. "There is a foreign chakra signature in the area that should not be in this real." The figure callously ignoring Shin's question.

"Interesting..." Shin muttered to himself as he placed his newspaper down. "Is it hostile?" Shin asked.

"I cannot say but the energy is condensed." The figure answered. "Unfortunately, I cannot remain here." In that moment, the figure was gone and Shin was alone with his thoughts.

"Excusez moi garçon" A woman said as she turned to a waiter walked by her table. "Could you possibly bring me another cup of your delicious chocochino, and a tray of assorted pastries and/or cakes? Oh, and whatever my companion here desires"

"Kitsune..." Shin said as his gray eyes shifted toward the direction of the voice. The woman with that nortious hairstyle sat at the near entrance with a smaller girl, apparently ordering something. Shin rose to his feet and walked toward them. The waiter noticed Shin's presence as he venerated himself with a bow. "Excuse me, Raikage-sama"

"It is alright, I am just here to speak with my comrades." Shin said with a generous smile as he face peeked out of his elevated collar.

"Kitsune...Shashu-chan. How have you been. May I join your company." Shin asked as he waved his hand to Shashu and Kitsune.

Takaki Saeko

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Office of the President
Port of Okaya, Democratic Kagoshiman Republic

The Khal of the Priednestrovie, otherwise known to the outside world as the President of the Kagoshiman Republic, was still, at nearly 60 years old, an imposing and violently handsome man. Once a former Imperial Army Commissar who had used his strength and charisma to whip fear and loyalty into the hearts of conscript legions, he had turned traitor to Lightning over twenty years ago, taking the reins of a failing, hundred-year-old insurgency as its new commander. Former Commissar Date Daisuke could easily have ended up hanging from the gibbet in Raiden’s Eye, but he had instead won, uniting the disparate tribes of the Kagoshiman mountains into an effective fighting force that had driven their Lightning oppressors out of the land they considered their ancestral home. Of course, it was rumored that the shinobi of Kumogakure had played a role in his victory as well.
Inari_thumbnail2.jpg

[Khal of the North]
“Sennin Takaki, you honor us with your presence. Ohayo gozaimasu,” said Khal Date, shaking Masao’s hand vigorously and giving the man a warrior’s kiss on the cheek.

Ya’hya chouhada,*” responded Masao in the native language of the Kagoshimans. “I apologize for the sudden arrival. I did not want to attract undue attention from my nation’s enemies.”

“It is not an issue. How is your daughter, the lovely Saeko? I consider her to be one of my own children as well as yours, Masao,” said Date, relaxing into more informal speech.

“You honor her, Daisuke. She is well. She will be keeping a permanent post in Kumogakure after all,” said Masao, smiling.

“She will be sorely missed by us all,” said Date, sighing. “And how is my friend Hayata Shin?”

“Hayata-sama remains dedicated to the moral and benevolent rule of his village. He is not only a hero of your people, but also of ours as well.”

“That is just, indeed. His statue was damaged in the fighting during the Imperial Navy’s attack on our city. However, it was also one of the first things to be repaired, along with that of my wife,” nodded Date. “Speaking of which, I assume that you will want to visit her, am I right?”

“That is correct.”

“Fortunate, then, because I will be occupied by matters of state for the rest of the afternoon, but she will not be. I will leave her to your good company.”

The door opened just then, and in stepped Kimura Rei, who had been the subject of conversation between the two men. She was, having been only a few years Masao’s junior, now in her mid-forties in age, and had born the Khal two children as well. Even though she did not share the permanent youth of Kagetsu Kiyo, she was still striking in her beauty, as if every year she aged had only refined her features and made them more harmonious. She saw Masao and bowed elegantly, resisting the urge to hug him.
Rei_Avatar.jpg

mtyU5.png
“I could hear you two talking about me before I even entered the building, my dear Husband,” she chuckled musically.

“And that is why I must stay loyal to this woman until the day I die!” laughed Date, clapping Masao on the shoulder. “Now, with you here, I must go to the trade meeting. My love,” he said, kissing Rei on the cheek before leaving.

“Rei. You haven’t changed at all,” said Masao, smiling.

“I’d like to think I’ve become a bit more mature,” she said, jibing back as she crossed over to a side desk and brought out two glasses and a decanter of Kagoshiman distilled spirits. “Will you have a glass?”

“Of course.”

She poured him a finger of the golden liquid and he sipped it, noting the fiery passage down his throat and into his stomach.

“I heard Saeko has a relationship now,” Rei said, now reclining in a nearby sofa with her own glass.

“Yes. With one of my branch’s genin, of all people. I have assessed the young man. He is not lacking,” said Masao, also sitting. Rei smiled, hoisting her glass in a toasting fashion.

“That is a relief,” said Rei, shaking her head. “No matter how hard I tried, I could never break through that final wall of defense she’d wrapped around her inner self. It was the only thing I could ever hate Rin for. For casting her daughter aside like that after the incident with that abusive sensei. I thought Saeko would never open her heart to anyone.”

“Rin only wanted to spare her daughter the horror we both went through under Ryuuto,” said Masao. “She could never trust her own corps again after those times. After the October rebellion.”

“She could have told her own daughter that!” said Rei, more tersely than she might have wanted.

“Rin never was one for speaking her thoughts. I also failed Saeko as a father, as I failed Enjeru as well,” said Masao, running a hand through his hair.

“No, Masao, you’re the reason your children are as well as they can be, even being shinobi.”

“I think in a way, though, they do miss their mother. It would have been one thing if she’d died of an illness, or was killed in battle, or even assassinated, but to take her own life…” said Masao, shaking his head.

“Rin did always have a way with a spectacular kind of ‘fuck everyone’ statement,” said Rei, smiling sadly. “And what of you? Have you accepted her death? Do you have a woman you wish to pursue? I think that Rin would have wanted you to move on and be happy, even if she was giving you the finger at the same time.”

“I have gotten closer to Kitsune, although I still think of her mainly as, I don’t know, a younger sister for the most part. But there are times when she has offered herself to me, and…I was tempted to take it.”

“Did you? After all, she is one of the few women your age in the village, and she is quite beautiful.”

“I could not. I felt that, ridiculous as this sounds, that Rin was still out there. Still watching me in some way. That even though I saw her body and verified her death for the Sileo Tempestas, that sometimes I see glimpses of her in a crowd, or smell her scent in our room at night. I wake up with the feeling that she has been sitting across from me, watching me sleep, before vanishing,” said Masao, staring into the golden swirls of his glass.

“It does not sound ridiculous to me,” murmured Rei.

“There is nothing left but killing the man responsible for her death. That is the only thing I can concentrate on,” said Masao, gritting his teeth. Rei closed her eyes, as if weighing something.

“You know, Takaki Masao, you were the first man I ever fell in love with. I love Daisuke, and will stay with him forever, but I could never forget you. It pains me to see you broken like this, more than anything else in the world. Promise me something, then.”

“And that is?” Masao sighed.

“That after you complete your mission, after you kill Yukimura Enishi and avenge Rin, that you will come back here and retrieve something she left for you. I swore to her not to release it, but I am willing to destroy my honor for this. Promise me…”
Later…

Raiden no Me, Central Kaminari no Kuni

He had departed Okaya with more turmoil in his heart than he knew possible. It had been the first time he had honestly confronted Rin’s passing. In one fashion it had steeled him for the mission to come – the ending of the Joseon conflict and the final confrontation with the greatest arch-nemesis he had ever known. And in another way, it had weakened his resolve. Was all he lived for revenge? Was he a fool not to simply find happiness with Kitsune?

He had stopped in Raiden’s Eye as a result of poor train scheduling more than anything else. Had Do Natsu simply arranged things for him, or had Nyaruko still been in his employ, he would have been back in Kumo by now, instead of laid over in the Capital for hours. For now, there was simply nothing to do but wait. He headed to a nearby square full of cafes and eateries, hoping to pass the time with a newspaper. One of the primary skills of his branch was remaining incognito when necessary, after all.

"Kitsune...Shashu-chan. How have you been. May I join your company.”

Wait. That voice was unmistakable. What the godrotting hell was the Raikage of Kumogakure doing in Raiden’s Eye still? He was supposed to be well on his way back to Kumogakure to meet with the Mizukage of Kirigakure! And why were Kitsune and that student maid from the party also there? Strangely, it was the student’s presence that shook him most. Shashu had been revealed as a Hard M who apparently liked to be brushed. Such a psycho had no place near the Kage! Shaking his head, Masao stormed toward the cluster of voices. He tapped his derpy Liege on the shoulder.

“Raikage-sama…why are you here right now? Where is your ANBU bodyguard? And for that matter, why are you here, Kitsune-chan? And also her?” he said, motioning to Shashu. “Regardless, we must depart soon. I will arrange for a private carriage immediately.”

*trans: “Long Live The Fighters!”

Tsuirakuya Shashu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The trip to the capital had gone about as Shashu had expected. Kitsune had tried to lure her into a false sense of security on the trip there, acting the perfect sensei and leaving her alone otherwise, but as soon as they got into the city the baroness had tried to trick her into a cosplay shop she had made a previous appointment with. Fortunately, Shashu had been on the lookout for such a trick, and had slipped away while Kitsune had been distracted with drooling over her fantasies. It had been a sobering moment for Shashu. Beware the calm before the storm Shashu, trust your instincts, and above all never let an older woman get the drop on you! she thought, clenching her fist before her as she munched on a traditional seafood dish. We must be ever vigilant!

If Kitsune noticed her little internal monologue (as she almost certainly did) she refrained from commenting, instead focusing on her food and ordering a fresh set of cakes and pastries. How can she eat all that food without gaining weight? No...hm... She thought, eyeing Kitsune with a blank stare that was rapidly becoming her default expression when dealing with the baroness. I bet she stores all that fat in her breasts so she can use it to fuel her ero-power. It's the only explanation that makes sense.

Shashu figured she should probably order something sweet for herself too, since Kitsune would probably eat the entire tray she had just ordered by herself. "Um..could I get a pineapple pineapple bun? Just the one please." Typically pineapple buns were more of a western food, but she had read about them in a cookbook once and just had to try it when she saw it on the menu.

After she had placed her own order Kitsune inquired about the Academy. "Well, things are going alright I suppose. It's mostly classes on the basics of chakra control, weapon use, some introductory nin, tai, and genjutsu use. Nothing too exciting, really. They also give us lots of time for free study so we can 'develop our skills in our own way'" She held up her fingers in air quotes. "Really, I think the teachers just get bored teaching the same old stuff and just wanna go goof around."

As she finished, who should show up but the Raikage himself, requesting to join their table? Shashu had seen him but once, when Tensai had been in the hospital, but he seemed like a pretty ok guy. She still didn't think he looked like a Kage should though. Before she could reply to him however, the Main-Branch sennin burst in demanding that the Raikage head back to the village at once. "Masao-sama! I didn't expect to see you here too!" She exclaimed, standing up and walking over to bow first to the Raikage, then to Masao. "Why not join us? I'm sure the Raikage will be fine with you and Kitsune-sensei around. Besides, while you're here..." she trailed off as she leaned in on her tip toes to whisper in a breathy voice to the sennin's ear "You'll give me a good brushing, won't you Masao-sama?"
[MFT: WC-531]​

Junan

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The figure stood in the shadow of a nearby alley. Watching.

What do you think? The voice came from the shadow, who it was addressing was unknown until the cat replied I get the girls. A silent chuckle shook the figure, its head shaking slowly I wouldn't have it any other way.

The shadow saw the power in the men, the cat saw the femininity of the girls. Surely the Youkai had chosen its ally well.

Approaching the group the figure spoke up, interrupting the idea of leaving. No cat in its arms Excuse me, Raikage-sama the figure curtseyed, though the voice was too deep to be female, despite the outline. I would request a moment of your time, it is a matter of utmost importance. The voice seemed to find humor in its own words.

Kitsune and Shashu would find a cat rubbing itself against their legs Please stay and help, it would be for the best. The cat spoke looking up at them with a look resembling a cartoon creature which followed an Oni around with a talking donkey.

Shinrya Kitsune

11th Raikage
Staff member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
”Why of course Raikage-sama~” Kitsune said in her usual chipper voice and smiled. It wasn’t often she got an opportunity to chat with the Raikage. ”Feel free to order anything you’d like Raikage-sama, my treat” she added and nodded. Then Masao showed up out of nowhere. ”Hi Masao-kun, welcome to the ‘party’.” Kitsune said with a light laugh. ”Shashu-chan is here because I brought her. And I’d assume our dear Raikage-sama is here because he heard us. So come on. Sit down, take a load off, have a cup of coffee and a pastry. You seem stressed out” she added and got out of her chair before pushing Masao into the one adjacent to hers. ”Sit~ And enjoy.” she said.

Then, a shadowy figure and a cat approached, though Kitsune only noticed the shadowy figure. ”You might wanna keep an eye on that one, if he’s gonna have a word with the Raikage” Kitsune whispered to Masao as she leaned over towards him, so she actually could whisper it to him. Then she noticed a cat at her legs, and she couldn’t help but squee. She loved cats, and only barely resisted picking it up. Then she paused. The cat had spoken. What the hell was going on? Help? With what kitty-san?

Shu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
"Thank you." Shin said but before he could sit down he noticed a familiar man.

“Raikage-sama…why are you here right now? Where is your ANBU bodyguard? And for that matter, why are you here, Kitsune-chan? And also her?” he said, motioning to Shashu. “Regardless, we must depart soon. I will arrange for a private carriage immediately.”

"Masao..." Shin thought. "No this is more than just a coincidence." What were the chances for the main branch sennin, raikage, and mednin to intercept one another?

"You should know why I am here." Shin said. "I have several client contracts from attending the social event in Raiden's Eye." He reached forward toward his cloak as he pulled out a rolled parchment and presented to Masao.

"My ANBU guards are attending to Karou at the moment. Hopefully, she does not return anytime soon. We can not leave now. Deta has informed me of a foreign chakra signature that needs to be investigated. The last thing we need is another incident..." Shin continued but briefly interrupted by a debonair female figure with a tenor voice approached them.

Excuse me, Raikage-sama the figure curtseyed, though the voice was too deep to be female, despite the outline. I would request a moment of your time, it is a matter of utmost importance. The voice seemed to find humor in its own words.

Shin did not know who this person was and given the amative body and deepened tongue; he could not help but be cautious. "If you sometime to say tell it to me plainly here." Shin said as he faced the woman. His eyes glanced at Masao signalling him to be prepare for anything.

Takaki Saeko

Yen
ASP
Deaths
“Hi Masao-kun, welcome to the ‘party’,” trilled Kitsune gaily as she waved at him as well as Shin. “Shashu-chan is here because I brought her. And I’d assume our dear Raikage-sama is here because he heard us. So come on. Sit down, take a load off, have a cup of coffee and a pastry. You seem stressed out,” she said, seemingly without a care in the world.

Bullpocky. You brought that girl all the way out here to dress her in cute outfits and ogle her fluffiness, didn’t you? Masao thought imperiously as he caught a glimpse of a thousand-yard stare cross Shashu’s eyes.

“I have several client contracts from attending the social event in Raiden's Eye,” said Shin now, excitedly presenting a scroll to the Sennin.

But most of these are all just bait-and-switch networking scams designed to sucker the newly unemployed into paying job search corporations for nothing! he thought, scanning the page. He was about to comment on this to Shin, when suddenly he felt an insistent tugging on his sleeve.

“Why not join us? I'm sure the Raikage will be fine with you and Kitsune-sensei around,” Shashu said in a monotone befitting of a classic tsukkomi*. “Besides, while you're here...” she leaned closer, “You'll give me a good brushing, won't you Masao-sama?” she whispered into his ear.

The girl couldn’t have done better if she’d stuck her tongue in his ear, swished it around his auricle, and planted a love bite on his neck. Masao recoiled, shuddering internally.

“Absolutely not! I refuse to satisfy your sick fetish! They’ll all think I’m a lolicon!” he hissed back at her. “Anyway, Hayata-sama, we really should be going. I told the Mizukage you’d be back in two weeks, well, two weeks ago,” he said hurriedly to Shin, trying to put some distance between him and the Raikage, and that…that super-masochist.

" We can not leave now,” Shin replied. “Deta has informed me of a foreign chakra signature that needs to be investigated. The last thing we need is another incident..."

At that moment, an old woman seemed to step out of nowhere and approach the group. Or at least, the new arrival looked like an old woman on the surface. “Excuse me, Raikage-sama, I would request a moment of your time, it is a matter of utmost importance,” she said. Masao’s eyes narrowed into slits as he regarded her.
JJBA_Dio_zpsf4d0b5b8.jpg

cloud_sennin.gif
“We are indisposed at the moment. I would advise you to leave immediately,” responded the Sennin, striking a defensive pose. Shin, this one is highly suspicious, probably some sort of witch given the presence of the animal familiar, he whispered to the Raikage as he noticed the feline attempting to ingratiate itself with the females. I beg you to withdraw and let the rest of us deal with whatever this is. He tensed his shoulders, preparing for a fight.
*trans: straight-man of a comedy duo

Tsuirakuya Shashu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Shashu felt no small degree of pleasure at Masao's reaction to her little comment. From what she gathered there weren't many people who provoke that kind of response from the dreaded Main Branch sennin, and the fact that she could tickled her to no end. Masao's fiery retort went mostly unheard as she tried to stifle the fit of giggles that was threatening to overwhelm her.

Fortunately she managed to get herself under control before she caused a scene just in time to catch Shin claiming that he still had business in the city, so of course he couldn't leave. However, before Masao could find a counter-argument to Shin's seemingly unending tide of reasons why he had to stay out of the village a mysterious figure clothed in clothes befitting an old woman spoke up out of nowhere, an unexpectedly deep voice resonating from underneath it's wide-brimmed hat. "Excuse me Raikage-sama. I would request a moment of your time, it is a matter of utmost importance." Stated the figure, something akin to sarcasm coating it's voice.

Something's off here... Thought Shashu, a thought accentuated by a cat suddenly chiming in whilst twining itself between her and Kitsune's legs.

"Please stay and help, it would be for the best." Said the ginger feline, it's eye's flashing in reflected light as it fixed the two females with it's stare.

Shashu eyed the cat for a moment, looking directly in it's eyes, her mirrored irises matching the cat's own before nodding briefly and making room on her lap for the cat to sit. From such a perch it would be able to see the goings on quite clearly, but that was not Shashu's full motive. You know what they say. Keep your friends close and your enemies closer....

Junan

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The Youkai's face could not be seen, but it gave off an aura of amusement at the shinobi's reactions to what it said Did I ask for him to follow me or to go somewhere? he asked, the mirth audible. We noticed the four of you, not just you alone Raikage-sama, but you are the Raikage and thus you are their commander.

Its head swayed as it looked at the women and the cat, more amusement, but a different kind. Instead of amusement at the futility of the shinobi's threats against it, instead it was an amusement to the predictability of women. The cat had been a good choice.

Listen to the creature There was a clear disdain for the shadowy figure which seemed to be looking in the cats direction. They were allies, but only for this task.

Hmmmm, some might think you do not enjoy my company Neko-san. The words were mocking, but did not give time for the cat to reply before looking back at Masao and then Shin. A darkness has fallen upon your country, a powerful item which rots the land with its power. It belongs to the darkness, for that is where it will do the least damage. The Youkai knew that they would doubt this, but it continued with what could only really be taken as honesty We want it for power of course. Our own power. But should it be taken elsewhere it will corrupt and rot everything around it. So perhaps this time it is best for all if we have it.

A moment to allow contemplation.

Others seek it, the birds and the bee's failed to find an ally, but the fish and the frogs have three. The Youkai had spies everywhere and was well aware of the other goings on, for who could fail to see their less than secretive movements? It then described the three A youth of fair features who lacks in power but plenty of enthusiasm. A man with black hair and glasses, his movements fast and his mind sharp. Another man with red hair who dresses like a surgeon and the aura of a murderer, though I also smell the sea on him as one who carries a contract with the ocean dwellers.

Shinrya Kitsune

11th Raikage
Staff member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Kitsune blinked, then turned her attention towards the shadowy figure. ”Care to describe the item a bit further?” she asked after it had said that it belonged to the darkness because that’s where it’d do the least damage. ”I mean. If we’re supposed to help, then we’ll need all the information available.” The shadow went on to say that it’d corrupt and rot everything around it, so for the time being it’d be best if the Youkai were to keep it. Kitsune would be inclined to agree, as they might have measures of containing the rot and corruption that the rest don’t.

The Youkai then revealed that others wanted it as well, and that the birds and bees failed to find allies, but the fish and frogs did indeed find some. When he described them Kitsune tried to put them to images in her mind. The first didn’t ring any bells, the second sounded like Ayumu, the ANBU Sennin. And the third was without a question her boss, Kushin the Medical Sennin. ”I’ve got an inkling about who the second one described is, and I’m certain the last one described is my boss. I don’t know anyone else with red hair that dresses like a surgeon and has the aura of a murderer. It can only be him.” she said and shook her head. The last fighting encounter she had with him hadn’t exactly ended well. The man was a monster. Plain and simple.

Shu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Instead of the woman responding, an ephemeral voice that echoed in their minds began to speak. There was no way to determine its exact location and calling for Deta was not possible. Regardless, they all knew that neither the cat, the woman or the shadowy figure were human.

Shin observed the apparent contention between the woman and the cat as he surveyed ferocity in their eyes. Clearly, the two did not get along so this beg the question as to why they were working together.

"A darkness has fallen upon your country, a powerful item which rots the land with its power. It belongs to the darkness, for that is where it will do the least damage. The Youkai knew that they would doubt this, but it continued with what could only really be taken as honesty We want it for power of course. Our own power. But should it be taken elsewhere it will corrupt and rot everything around it. So perhaps this time it is best for all if we have it."

"Interesting...." Shin thought to himself. "An item even Deta was unable to identify until now.". There are several ancient artifacts

"If what you say is true then why exactly would you approach Kumogakure for aid? You should be aware of our history. There is nothing you would gain by trusting us and vice versa." Shin inquired.

Takaki Saeko

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The Sennin cursed under his breath as Shin’s sense of scientific wonderment seemed to get the better of the Raikage and root him in place. Rumors of long-lost artifacts with terrible eldritch powers were actually commonplace in a land like Lightning Country, and Masao had lived long enough to actually behold, touch, and even use some of them. If the suspicious old-woman mimic was right about one thing, it was that such items were troublesome indeed, and that in the wrong hands could cause a truly bothersome clusterfuck.

“If what you say is true then why exactly would you approach Kumogakure for aid? You should be aware of our history. There is nothing you would gain by trusting us and vice versa."

And that was why Shin was Raikage. Because when it was most needed, he could throw a breath of rationality into even the most unreasonable situation.

“It sounds to me like you have no clue where this item is,” shrugged Masao. “And for the best, since we want no part of it.”

“Others seek it, the birds and the bee's failed to find an ally, but the fish and the frogs have three,” replied the old woman. “A youth of fair features who lacks in power but plenty of enthusiasm. A man with black hair and glasses, his movements fast and his mind sharp. Another man with red hair who dresses like a surgeon and the aura of a murderer, though I also smell the sea on him as one who carries a contract with the ocean dwellers.”

He had to grit his teeth at this. Creatures of the underworld often spoke in riddles and unfathomable tesseracts, but the description of a red-haired man with the aura of a murderer… Kushin… Still, Kushin’s loyalty to the village was probably unquestionable, so if he got his hands on it, little harm would be done. Then again, I would feel more comfortable if the Raikage had his hands on any source of power before any of his Sennin, Masao thought. Both because he distrusted a disruption in the balance of power, and also because if for some reason Shin were to be corrupted, then…we three could take him down, if it came to it.

“Answer the man’s question, old woman,” he said, staring at her.

Tsuirakuya Shashu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The creature, as the cat referred to it, responded not with words but with thought, it's voice echoing in their minds. It spoke of ancient artifacts of dark power, and of the necessity that the Youkai have control over it. "'That which is dark itself should remain in the darkness, lest it devour all when brought into the light'" Shashu whispered to herself, quoting an old book she had read while researching in the great library. Personally, she agreed with the Youkai, though Masao and the Raikage both made valid points. Why should they trust each other?

Shashu looked down at the cat in her lap and scratched between it's ears. Even normal cats had amazing hearing, so it was doubtful that this one had missed her comment. "What do you think, Neko-san? What's your angle in all of this?" She whispered, leaning down as if to devote her attention to playing with the cat. The Youkai had revealed it's motives for this, but what reason would the cat have? It was obvious the two didn't get along...there was yet more to the story here.

Junan

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The Raikage and his guard, or so the Youkai had classified Masao, were fairly disagreeable. The Youkai's spies voices continued to pour information into his head, they had already moved in their search and were in this city currently searching around areas for the scroll. Time was running out for the Youkai, but this group were stubborn and seemed to think that the Demon war was a reason why co-operation was an nonviable option. If you were attacked by Sunagakure in an open declaration of war would you not seek peace and a means to end that conflict and work together? If your answer to that is no then certainly you are not the Raikage I heard of. The scroll is of no use to a human and can only be activated by a spiritual being, one of the contracts. Yet it is a creation of evil. I have told you that I seek it for power, and I don't know how much more honest I can be. If it remains where it is it will seep darkness into your land and corrupt the weak of mind. It will have the same effect on other contracts, corrupting them from the inside. You see our goal and your goal should be the same in this instance. To have others corrupted by the scroll's influence would only create an imbalance, the only logical group to hold this scroll is the Youkai who will be unaffected by it. The amusement was gone from the voice of the Youkai, replaced by an earnest voice.

The Youkai felt that it was wasting time, if they didn't want to assist then it needed to go out and follow the ones who were so that perhaps it could surprise them and take the scroll before one of the others did. To the Youkai it wasn't a matter of trust, it was a matter of necessity.

Shashu asked the Cat a question, asking it what its angle was. Jumping up into the girls lap it reached up and butted its head against her chin, though it lacked the scratchiness of an unshaven male chin it was still the best way to communicate without the Youkai hearing, none other than Shashu would hear the words from it The Youkai came to us because of what he's said. We want to witness the scroll ourselves and figure out the truth behind it. We don't know whether he's lying or telling the truth, but the only way to find out is to find the scroll and see its power for ourselves.

Shinrya Kitsune

11th Raikage
Staff member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Kitsune leaned back in her chair listening to what the demon said. She folded her arms and nodded a bit. ”I believe him.” she said, once he had finished and looked at the others. ”If what he’s saying is true, which I believe it is, then we need to find the scroll and fast. We don’t need another demon invasion, nor do we need a corrupting presence in the country.” she finished and smirked. ”So, Neko-sama. What do you think? Truth or youkai lies?” she asked the kitty sitting on Shashu’s lap. Someone had to move this process along, and the fastest way to do it seemed to be the path that Kitsune had taken.

Junan

Yen
ASP
Deaths
First warning: Masao, Hayata Shin and Shashu.

Masao and Shashu, you've both been late previously but without warnings. Remember my PM, only one warning per person. So consider this all three of your last warning.

Shu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
It was clear that Shin had to join this journey but if the youkai expected to believe everyone word that spewed out of its mouth, the beast was surely mistaken. Shin's sharp black eyebrow tensed slighted as the youkai continued to speak to him with such familiarity. How was it that this demon could possible have any acquaintance that knows him. Is it possible that Shin's name was growing popularity in the midst of the spiritual world? There was more to this than Shin had anticipated. If not to destroy this old relic Shin needed to know more about this coy demon.

"Interesting..." Shin thought to himself.

"Regardless of what you have been told I will not venture off in a foolish errand. However, your right it would be illogical for the item to remain unattended for too long. "We will aide you for now." Shin said with a stern tone. It was going to be difficult to destroy the item without the demon's acknowledgement. Hopefully, the rest of them understood this.

[[Your so lame :p]]

Takaki Saeko

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Masao's upper lip stiffened at the words of his Raikage. In the old Sennin's mind, it was foolhardy to ever deal with the supernatural (as this old woman was slowly revealing "herself" to be) from any position but overwhelming strength. Cloud had suffered at the hands of the Hitokage's forces during the demon invasion nearly two decades ago, and the last thing Masao wanted to leave as his legacy was to have opened the door to another. Still, though, he was and would remain ever so a loyal subject of Hayata Shin. If Shin directed him to deal with the Devil, then Masao's responsibility was to play the best game of cards he could, win, and failing that, shoot the Devil under the table with a bolter and then take the winnings.

"My Lord has spoken, old woman. But I warn you, if you attempt to double-cross us or endanger our interests, we will pay you back with interest. Now, what would you have us do?"

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back