Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Why [tutor]

Kishiko Nagisa

Leaf Med-Nin Sennin
Yen
ASP
Deaths
Kenshin would wait for Ziren in his office the next day. The sun was cresting the horizon as he sat in his chair waiting for the now academy student to appear. This special training was different than others in many ways. He was, however, sure that Takeshi would approve.

Kenshin was wearing his black training clothes but did not wear the white cape of the Sennin. He sat drinking a cup of tea from a fresh pot he had prepared. He would wait for Ziren to show up andl et him. The door would close behind him.

"Welcome Ziren. I am sure you are anxious to get this over with. This training session is, I am afraid not something grandiose. In fact, it is philosophical in nature. Te topic of this training is a simple question and the question is simple. "Why did you become a shinobi?"

Kenshin would sit back and drink his tea watching again student answer his grey eyes roaming.

[topic entered and created]

Chigokai Yuna

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Ziren walked in and closed the door. Kenshin wanted to get straight to the point. Why did Ziren want to become a shinobi.

He was wearing a black garb with blue jeans, with his metal arm and showing his real eyes. Blood swirling around. No irises.

"Okay. I became a shinobi because I don't want any of the people that cared about me, and also those that I care about to die. See... My parents died, when my brother ordered a mercenary to kill them. Another time the caravan that took me in also died. I've been piecing the puzzle together and I think this very same mercenary was also the cause of their deaths." Ziren paused. His metal hand went up to his right arm, where he had the scar that wrapped around the whole arm."Then I met him again. Barely managed to get away. Left a scar. After I finally made it to the Leaf, I wanted to get stronger. To not only protect myself. But everyone that mattered to me. And after spending such a long time within this Village, I would say that I would gladly pay my life down to protect everyone in here."

He paused. "So in short. I became a shinobi to protect all those that I care about."

Ziren looked back at the Sennin. "Look, I know it kinda sounds like a generic answer that some of us say. But I have seen the outside world. I know that it is unforgiving. So to specify. I'll say this."

He took a breath. And thought about his answer. "So... I want to bring peace to the world. I know that we are not in conflict with any of the other countries. But what I am talking about is actual peace. The everlasting struggle that a lot of us go through in order to even just scape by life. I want to fix that. I want a bright future in which people won't have to worry. So that everyone can be happy with their lives."

(342)
(342/1500)

Kishiko Nagisa

Leaf Med-Nin Sennin
Yen
ASP
Deaths
Kenshin would listen carefully to Ziren. What the boy... man said was true. The world is unforgiving. He sounds as if he had a rough life. KEnshin knew about that far too well.

" I see that you have had a rough life. Since I am asking so much it is only kind that I return the favor. For me, it was expected. My family in Stone is a military family. From generals to spies, to foot soldiers, to admirals my family was in every branch of military in Stone except for the ninja. I was the first to be able to manipulate chakra and I found myself at the Stone academy shortly thereafter. I had private tutors and was generally disliked by many other students for being tutored in anything and everything. And don't give me that look I am getting to the actual hard bits." Kenshin would say with a smile

"I eventually married another shinobi. I was in a squad just doing basic duties. I had two experiences that shaped my life. One was when I lost first squad to a bandit ambush. Out of our squad of 4 I only survived and barely. The second was when my partner... died during a mission in our second squad in part due to my... then trusted medical shinobi ally. I left Stone during the transfer and have been a leaf shinobi since then. That has been over 8 years ago now. So I get where you are coming from. I truly do. From my experiences this is why I teach to train others to be competent shinobi. I also do it because I understand a truth. I wonder if you can guess it. But for now you stated my next question. What does it mean to give your life for the village?"

TWC 466

Chigokai Yuna

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Ziren listened to what Kenshin had to say. It was... Hard, because he understood what it means to lose people. It was interesting to say the least, since he also came from a different country. Leaf not being his home until he was taken in by them. Much like Ziren himself. But what separated him from the Sennin, was that Ziren never really had a lot of people that would actively give him private tutors. In fact, a lot of stuff he had learned was through books in the library, seeming as they are his main source of information when he wants to chase after it.

And then he listened, and heard that Kenshin had lost his partner, whom Ziren could only assume was a woman very special to him. "I'm sorry to hear that, Kenshin-sama. Even I can't relate to that kind of pain. I just try my best to keep the woman that I love happy and safe. I do not look forward to the day when something bad happens to her."

Then Kenshin talked about him doing all that he does because of a certain truth. Ziren couldn't think of what he was getting at but maybe all will be known in short time. As for what he said next, a question, Ziren paused.

"It means exactly what it sounds like. If an unknown enemy comes busting through the Gates, threatening everyone's lives inside the village, and death is a certainty for me, I would lay my life down for the Village. At the very least give them hell and give the everyone inside the Village time to find an escape route. My duty, my life, is to protect and care for everyone in the Village. And it may seem crazy, but from learning of my life outside the Walls, I've learned to swallow down my fear of death. Just so as long as I am the only casualty."

(323)
(665/1500)

Kishiko Nagisa

Leaf Med-Nin Sennin
Yen
ASP
Deaths
'So this is why Takeshi sent him to me. I get it.' Kenshin thought as he looked at Ziren.

"and that, I am afraid is why you are here. Forgive me if I pontificate. You see I did not ask "Would you die for the village" I asked "What does it mean to give your life for the village?" Some may say it is the same thing. Some may claim that is your only duty. I, however, do not see it this way and I believe Takeshi also sees it this way. As cold as it sounds, any fool can die for whatever cause they see fit. You declare your loyalty to whatever cause you go out and get yourself killed all while saying how you give your life for the cause. And then you are done!" Kenshin would stand at this and begin to pace slowly. "You die and then you are free of your duty. You die and then you are, frankly, useless. Yes your current death may have forestalled a threat at the moment but at what cost? That, I imagine, is why Takeshi is mad at you. You think so little of yourself or maybe you do not realize that to give your life for the village means to LIVE." Kenshin would say as he stopped and looked at Ziren in the eyes the grey eyes with a steely glint flashing.

"Take myself for example. Every day I wake up and train so my body is at peak performance for Leaf. I then teach a class or two or five a day to better our students so they can become Leaf shinobi. I then guard the Hokage our central leader. On top of this, I help manage the main branch as well as what classes are taught by other teachers. This is how i give my life for the village every day of my life." Kenshin would say his voice calm.

"Imagine if I were to give my life up in a fight? I may be able to stop that foe then but at what cost? Shinzo is Head Jounin but he is wet behind the ears. He needs more time to mature and grow. Gone with me are my years of experience in and out of the field. Who can teach better than those who have lived through war? Gone too is my strength from the village and while I try not to be egotistical about it, I am one of the strongest in the village. What if I am needed later? I understand i am a bit hypocritical in this as part of my job duty is laying down my life but it is only as NEEDED. It is a last resort in all things. From your actions you seem to be jumping into circumstances that are dangerous head first. So let me ask you again "What does it mean to give your life for the village?""

twc 939

Chigokai Yuna

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
As Ziren listened to the Sennin, he was starting to get what he was saying. Throwing away your own life for the better means of the Village, may in fact hurt the Village even more. He does make a point. Ziren does think little of himself, as he had tried to push past what he knows and cares about and only wants to help others, of what they know and care about.

Ziren never really saw it like the way Kenshin brought it up. He was always open to others ideas, but sometimes his pride of wanting to do the right thing, plus some, gets in the way sometimes. He will have to see the world in a new way. Then again, he should be used to this kind of adaptation, shouldn't he?

"To give your life for the Village. It means to do all that you can, while you are alive. Do your duties to a million and one percent. Carve a way for the next generation and be there for when they need someone else. Someone to look up to. To not give up, just because you think your time is done."

Ziren paused. He thought about Hana, and his children. What if he did just give himself up? Now looking back on it, he would not be able to stand the looks on their faces, the emotional pain that they would be in if he had died.

"I don't know if I am getting this right. But thank you Kenshin-sama. You have opened my eyes, for in which case, I may have as well have been blind. I myself have a wife and children. What kind of father and husband would I be if I just quit on life? Hana... She would be alone and sad. And Yuna and Moji, would grow up without a father. And if they take after me they might get into some trouble here and there without their father to teach them right from wrong."

Ziren stopped. Now that he thinks about it, what kind of shinobi would he be if he just gave himself up during battle? What would Yukio-sensei think? How would Soku, a girl that he treats as his little sister think? And Maki? He is going through literal hell right now from being kidnapped, and Ziren doubts that man is going to give in to his captors.

"So i will do everything in my power to keep peace in this Village. To do my part and duties to the best of my capabilities. Set the bar high and push past it. To lay the ground work for those who aren't even born yet. For those who still have a lot to learn. I will be the person who will become the next Hokage. And for that to happen. I can't quit on myself, and I sure as hell won't quit on others."

Ziren stopped. He knew what he said was stupid and kind of childish dream. Especially after his demotion. "I know that this is a big task, and I am far from ever being even close to even reaching that goal. It is apparent from today that I still have a lot to learn, and I don't expect things to be any easier for me. But I am not going to give up. You have, theoretically, lit a fire underneath my ass and gave me motivation. Every day is a chance to learn something new. To better oneself. To be and think more than just myself but for everyone that I care about."

Ziren stopped. "Sorry, I was getting way ahead of myself. You are right, that I jump into dangerous circumstances. I often make fast decisions. Probably too fast of decisions."

(627)
(1292/1500)
(Sorry this post is longer, kinda was getting into it ^^)

Kishiko Nagisa

Leaf Med-Nin Sennin
Yen
ASP
Deaths
Kenshin would sit and listen to Ziren. Yes this boy... no a man is getting it. Maybe it was lack of instruction in the first place but that could be changed that could be rectified.

"You are getting it. Do you see why Takeshi was mad at you? Imagine your children, so full of potential, picking a path that would get them killed. Would you sit ideally by? Would you let them continue down the path? No you would fight for them even if they hated you for it. Takeshi looks after every single one of his shinobi and wishes to make them walk a true path. Maru was a disappointment for us all. The truth I mentioned is my truth. That the world is nothing without the next generation. I am getting old. There will be day where I cannot perform my duties and must pass on the torch. Your generation is up next. Who knows when the next calamity will appear? Who will be left dead and alive. More than likely you will be here and I will not. I will pass down my knowledge and experience as best as I can until that day. And you have a goal! A lofty one but prove to yourself you are worthy of it then you can prove to others you are worthy. Master your emotions. Master your self and you can overcome everything. That is what you must do. I can only give you the foundation. That is why you ere sent directly to me. What say you Ziren, will you master yourself? Will you become the shinobi that Takeshi and I believe you can become? Will you truly live for yourself, your village, and your family while doing so?" Kenshin would ask his tone getting more serious with each question leaving the room tense.

TWC 1242

Chigokai Yuna

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Ziren listened to what Kenshin had to say. He was happy, that the man agreed with him, and even encouraged him.

Something inside Ziren was stirring. Something that he hasn't felt in a long time. Hope. Faith. Happiness. Excitement. Despite how this was a serious lesson that he had learned from, he couldn't help but smile. Maybe it was because, for so long of living with uncertainty, he finally found the strength of his own will power. To not give up on himself, to be someone to be looked up at.

"My children will not walk the path that I have walked for so long, riddled full of mistakes and misunderstandings, and they won't die for as long as I live. I want to touch the hearts of everyone. Give them hope, even when they cannot see it."

He listened as Kenshin's speech was coming to a close, as he gave Ziren some questions to think upon. "I will do more than say all of that. I will make a promise. I. Chigokai Ziren. Will promise to master myself of not just who I am, but go forth and complete my ideals and goals. To be not just a shinobi that you and Takeshi believe I can become, but something even more than that. And I will live, for myself, my family, and my Village. Giving everything I can to make the future a better place."

But those were still words. No actual sealing of a deal. He brought out a kunai and handed it over to Kenshin, the handle facing towards him. "Something to seal the promise. A blood pact to be specific. My clan did everything with blood. But if one was to make a pact with their own blood, it is because they are serious. And most of the times, they change for the better after making the pact. With this said, I offer blood from my real hand."

Ziren held out his real hand, the tip of the kunai close to his own flesh. He was truthful. Ziren was serious in the fact that he will keep his promises. And that he will see them through.

(360)
(1652/1500)

Kishiko Nagisa

Leaf Med-Nin Sennin
Yen
ASP
Deaths
Kenshin would smile back.

"Yes. I know you ahve it in you. Otherwise Takeshi would have doe worse than send you to me! I will hold you to this promise. If it is your custom then I wil not question it. May the pain and the blood be a reminder. Although I will cut you in a place that will not hinder our next tutor session."

Kenshin would take the kunai and slice Ziren's forearm on top. There would be blood and pain but easily fixed.

"When I teach I entrust the future with you. Be your best, do your best. That is all I can ask for. My next tutor session will be in a few days. Here I will oblige you with some rigorous training. I have the perfect training partner for you. That is all." Kenshin would lean back in his chair his body language giving the clear dismissal it was.

As he watches Ziren leave, Kenshin would finish his tea. He was finally on a good path. Kenshin hoped he would stay the course. If he could it would benefit all. He wished he could help him further than this but something you have to do and decide on your own. Kenshin shows the path but all he can do is hope he follows it.

Kenshin would go to his bookshelf and pull out a book. He would begin thumbing through it. Eventually he saw his original squad. His hand pressed against it for a moment. After a few more pages he saw that person who meant more to him than anyone else. Taken away in their prime.

'Never again' he promised as he closed the book. 'So long as I can, never again.'

topic left

TWC 1530

Chigokai Yuna

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Ziren felt the pain, but didn't even wince when Kenshin sliced the top of his forearm, near where his scar was. Blood rolled down his arm and on to his hand and finally down onto the napkin that Ziren had gotten before it could fall to the ground.

The fresh cut was already healing on ita own, due to his healing factor. The skin, threading themselves back together. He looked up at the Sennin as he kept talking. It seemed that Ziren had completed step one of his training with the Sennin. "Don't worry. I will bring all that I have got to be the best that there is."

With that said, Ziren took a look at the body language of the Sennin, and guessed that this tutoring session is complete. With a slight bow, Ziren walked out of the Sennin office.

Today he had learned what it meant to have self pride. Something that he has lacked for a long while. Something that he had once thought of as a weakness. Only looking to protect others and not himself. As days go by, he could see how much he has changed since he was first brought to the Leaf. Back then he was so naive. Unknowing of his own blood line powers. And now, he still is somewhat naive, though he wants to change for the better. For the Village. For his family. His thoughts turned back on to his clan. Would his blood relatives of the Chigokai look down upon him for choosing this path? He certainly is different from them and certainly doesn't act like his own kind.

Ziren's thoughts turned back to Kenshin. He chose not to listen to the man's blood flow to test out his emotions, but his curiosity got the better of him once he had heard about Kenshin's partner. Someone that he loves, cares about... Gone...

The very thought of losing Hana or the kids made Ziren feel uneasy. The thought of how they would react if they lost him... He has decided. He chose his path. He will become strong enough to not only protect himself and his family. But the whole village too. He won't make the same mistakes as he had in the past.

As Ziren left the Hokage Mansion. He walked out into the sunlight with a new perspective. "I won't fail. Not when the whole Village is looking up to me. I have a ways to go, but I won't let that stop me." Ziren wasn't speaking to anyone. But himself. He felt calm. Confident. Happy.

(Topic left)

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back