Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Yeah, that's two different types of "Shopping"... [private]

Yukari

Yen
ASP
Deaths
It'd been a couple days since she'd caused the storm. No incidents. Well, none that she knew of. She'd been calm. No storms. No zapping random passers-by. It was time for an outing. Hikari needed a day or at least a couple of hours in which she wasn't demanded of. She needed a moment where she wasn't just a student. Free time. She'd not been to the village in quite a while. She hadn't seen her parents since she left home. She hadn't seen her grandparents in even longer. Hikari had intended on going around and visiting all of her non-nin kin, but she... got distracted. She noticed that one woman she knew was selling hair care stuff. Her hair being what it was- currently completely out of control because she had lost the last of her hair bands- she figured a pit stop was in order. After she made her purchases, she went about browsing the remaining stalls. Just in case. Of course that meant she'd all but forgotten that she was headed toward her parent's shop. Around noon she got around to the food stalls, so she decided to grab a bite to eat.

Keiji

The Unfortunate Overlord
Staff member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Re: Yeah, that's two different types of "Shopping"... [priva

Keiji decided to enter the Dawnbringers Plaza once again, a long day of practice at his private spot, his parents had laid money out for him to buy dinner for, but there hardly was enough for anything remotely interesting, just enough for rice. And Keiji didn't want to eat just rice like all the other days. He had decided to buy rice, like any other citizen, but he also had other plans. As he walked through the markets he analyzed the meat stands, and what their states were, where everything was, he walked through the street casually, he reached a stand having rice, took a good solid bag, he weighted it in his hand. "This should last us for at least a week if cooked correctly" He thought. "That'll be 150 Ryō!" the salesman shouted at Keiji as he handed him the money. "Only got 50 more, not enough for meat by any means.." Keiji tied the bag to his belt, and walked back to the meat stands, this time he hid himself between the crowd of people, he sneaked up to the side of one of the meat stands just out of the eyesight of the owner. He took out a Kunai of his shoulder bag, if his analytical powers were correct the carriage standing by the stand had the design that it could easily be opened in the bag just by destroying one piece of rope, which holds the opening behind it closed. He looked out to the side, and saw the small rope holding the back in place. He bended his arm ready to throw. The training he had received by Kitsune and the training weeks afterwards having trained have become quite handy for him. He threw the Kunai striking the piece of rope, but just barely, he scratched, and cut the rope partly, and the rope began giving away, slowly breaking. Just as the rope breaks completely the owner of the stand goes completely chaotic, he did not realize that a kunai was the reason of all the chaos. The meat and groceries fell out of the carriage, and as the shopkeeper was trying to pick them up and attempting to fix the carriage, Keiji reached up and grabbed 2 dead chicken, and a bag. He ran towards home as he stuffed the dead chickens in his bag, he looked back behind him to check on if he was noticed, SUCCE-! His thoughts was suddenly interrupted as he suddenly bumps into something, in a split second he only saw red hair in front of his eyes, as both him and Hikari suddenly fell on the ground.

Yukari

Yen
ASP
Deaths

Hikari had been about to order something for lunch when she heard a loud crash on the next street. She backed away from the restaurant and saw lots of meat scatter about the dirt. "What just happened?" She asked herself as she moved toward the source. Now, she wasn't paying quite as much attention as she should have been, but in her defense she was rather distracted by the food scattered all over the place. She took a step toward the seller to ask if she could help clean up, but before she could get past the corner to turn onto that street, she was crashed into by a boy she knew from school. "Oof." She grunted as she found herself sprawled out in the dirt. "What just happened?" She asked for the second time in not more than five minutes.

She pushed herself up with a grunt. "Keiji. Why did you run into me?" He'd landed to the side of her, but caught himself before falling on his face. She noticed his bags, and looked around for her purchases. She pushed herself up and ran her hands through her hair. "What are you doing out here? What happened over there?"

Keiji

The Unfortunate Overlord
Staff member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank

"EEeek" Keiji had managed to grab the ground beneath him just before he had hit the mud straight in with his face, he sighed a relief as he had realized what happened. "What just happened?" The voice was familiar to him, weirdly enough a voice he most definitely did not expect to hear, as he had only heard it in one location in entire Kumogakure. He quickly lifted himself up and smiled awkwardly. He looked over and examined if his bags were intact. "Hey Hikari, sorry about tha-" He was preoccupied as he noticed the bag containing the dead chicken lay on the ground, he picked it up and tied it to his belt next to the bag with the rice. "Sorry about that Hikari." He analyzed quickly the situation and decided upon a fitting statement, a lie, but a functional one nevertheless. "I was taking a short run when I heard the commotion and was looking behind me to check it out, so I didn't notice you! I believe a carriage suddenly broke back on the street over there." He indicated the street where the commotion was coming from with his thumb raising his hand above his shoulder. he then bowed quickly in her direction in an apologetic fashion. "Sorry about bumping into you like that Hikari"

Junan

Yen
ASP
Deaths

Watching as the boy stole Kushin calmly moved amongst the far crowd, struggling to keep track of him amongst the masses and as he was hiding. Yet from where he was on the other side of the road he had a far idea as to what was happening and he moved to a better location. It wasn't all that often that people tried to steal in Kumogakure, the main branch sennin for all his faults had managed to cut down on obvious crime. Of course that didn't mean that crime which happened behind the scenes had slowed or been stopped, yet that type was generally legal. Only on occassion was it not, so for Kushin to be in the area when a young lad was attempting to steal, well, it held his curiosity, he just had to take a snapshot of it as an idea welled up in his head.

Kushin moved slowly and quietly, the boy made a run for it and then bumped into a girl falling over. Quickly he dashed, up over the rooftop, then down to the street on the other side. He would take advantage of this situation, one never knew when it could come in handy. Walking around the corner casually he listened as the boy gave his lie and then went to leave, yet he would feel Kushin's hand on his shoulder.

I'm sorry, I just saw you both fall and wanted to be sure you were both okay. He said kindly, sounding as much as though he cared as he could manage when he really didn't.

Making an obvious gesture to the three chooks Kushin looked back to the boy That's an aweful lot of chicken, I'd have thought one would have been enough. he looked into the boys eyes, hoping that he'd realise that Kushin was quite aware as to the scenario that just happened.

Well you both look to be okay other than minor grazes.

Yukari

Yen
ASP
Deaths

Hikari found her things beneath her- luckily nothing was breakable. She brushed herself off as Keiji apologized for running into her... "Why run in the middle of the market place? You're almost certain to run into someone." She asked, "Especially when you have access to the training grounds." But maybe he was at home today and was out for a short jog. She shrugged, suddenly catching sight of a man with a hand on Keiji's shoulder. The familiarity with which the man placed his hand on Keiji was shocking and off-putting. She looked him over in alarm, "We're fine." She said. The way he was looking at them made her skin crawl. She looked him over mistrustfully.

"I'm sorry, I just saw you both fall and wanted to be sure you were both okay." He said, in one of those Oh I truly care about your feelings. voices that adults use on children. Hikari braced herself mentally to remember all the silly manners rules that she had bee taught in etiquette.

Hikari remained silent. Wondering who he was, and why he was there. She bowed and said, "Thank you for your concern, but we're fine." She bowed respectfully. "I am Tanaka Hikari." She said.

The man gestured at Keiji and remarked on his bags of food. "That's an awful lot of chicken, I'd have thought one would have been enough."

Hikari flicked a glance at Keiji, and then back at the man who was standing before them. "This is intensely uncomfortable." She muttered, Manners, Hikari. She reminded herself, and quieted herself.

"Well you both look to be okay other than minor grazes." He said.

Hikari coughed and nodded. "Excuse us." She said, trying to have Keiji leave the strange man behind. She had no desire to be near him any longer than necessary, and she didn't want to leave her fellow student behind either, even if she didn't know him well, and something strange was going on with his poultry.

Keiji

The Unfortunate Overlord
Staff member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank

Keiji felt a shiver down his spine as he sensed a presence creeping up behind him. A hand suddenly appeared and placed itself on his shoulder "No-no-no-no!" Keiji's mind was racing "Did I get caught? Did someone see me?" An eerie voice came from the person behind him "I'm sorry, I just saw you both fall and wanted to be sure you were both okay." He didn't know what to think, he looked up to see an unfamiliar face, he had a creepy aura about him, he knew not to mess about with this person. "Uhm- eh- Thank you for the concern sir!" Keiji said with a mildly shaking voice.

"That's an aweful lot of chicken, I'd have thought one would have been enough." The man said indicating towards the bags he had tied to his belt. He then stared deeply into his eyes. Keiji was getting a bit scared by now. "He saw, he saw, he saw, he saw" "This?, this is enough food to last at least a few days for me and family. What about it?" Keiji said with a much calmer voice, although his eyes were deceiving himself as he kept looking to side not wanting to look this man into the eyes as he said it.

"Well you both look to be okay other than minor grazes." Keiji examined his white clothes down covered in light dust and minor dirt scratches. Nothing he hadn't seen before.
As Hikari nodded, coughed and spoke "Excuse us" Keiji quickly took the shot and went on with her idea of leaving. Keiji nodded in her direction. "Yes. Uhm, thank you for the concern Sir. But if you'll excuse us." Keiji attempted to walk towards Hikari to follow her.

Junan

Yen
ASP
Deaths

The girl seemed uncomfortable with his presence and Keiji's voice betrayed his concern, the nerves being worked out the more time that passed.

Kushin gave her a confused glance Oh, I'm sorry. My name is Isaki Kushin, I'm the medical branch sennin. I saw you both fall and felt it part of my duty to make sure you were both okay. he hoped the explanaition would ease her troubles.

Standing to let the pair pass him he smiled. The first time he'd smiled in any of his threads. He had an idea, a highly amusing idea.

Before you both go, would you mind if we had a quiet word? His eyes were focused on Keiji, there was no question who it was that he wanted to speak with. He'd introduced himself now, there was very little either could do to say no, and he knew that. Though if they chose to just run off he wouldn't chase, he would simply have someone else do that for him.

Yukari

Yen
ASP
Deaths

Hikari watched Keiji as he panicked a little. Then the man introduced himself as a sennin name Isaki Kushin. She didn't know the name, but she knew full well what a sennin was. Hikari frowned at Isaki. Catching the eye of any sennin before you were ready to deal with the consequences was probably not a good thing. Hikari folded her arms without thinking, then immediately set them at her sides.

"Before you both go, would you mind if we had a quiet word?" He asked. Hikari noticed that she was not the 'you' in question, so she stepped away politely. Close enough to watch, but far enough that they could have a private word.

Keiji

The Unfortunate Overlord
Staff member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank

As Kushin introduced himself, Keiji was even more frightened, he could scarcely believe a Sennin would ever make time to check on the public health of the public surrounding himself, usually they'd have other, more important business to attend to he assumed. But alas Keiji would admit this is the first time he ever gets a chance to deal with a Sennin face to face. Yet Keiji found it, Odd, to say the least.

Keiji stopped up and turned as Kushin spoke again, He felt the stare of Kushin going deeply into his soul, like he was assessing his entire nature, history and personality in an instant, Keiji was pretty freaked out.
He looked quickly to the side to assess the situation with Hikari, his feet wanting to run, but his heart, as just and as kind-hearted he strived to be, he couldn't say no. Hikari, had an idea of the same in a way, stepping to the side letting Keiji assess the situation for himself. He sighed to himself. This is it. I'm done for, I'm probably gonna go to jail now or something.. he though to himself as he took a few steps towards Kushin in order to reach the "Quiet word" distance necessary. He didn't like it, not one bit. He reached up behind his head and scratched, making his dreadlocks flicker about, he then spoke very calmly "I'm Keiji, Suzaku Keiji, nice to meet you Kushin." Admittedly Keiji was a bit curious as to what a Sennin would want with him, if it isn't about the stolen poultry. "So what's this about?" He asked nonchalantly.

Junan

Yen
ASP
Deaths

Thank you. he said so both could hear even though Keiji was now closer.

Kneeling down he kept the smile on his face and deliberately moved his face in a way to make it seem like there was nothing wrong, and in fact everything was fine.

His voice quietened to barely above a whisper, enough so that Keiji could hear but that would be all I have a snapshot of you stealing two of those chickens, theft isn't something which is praised in Kumogakure, you know this I'm sure. It could be the ruin to a shinobi career, which leads to a downward spiral where you end up unable to earn money, forcing you to live a poor existence. Your children will then end up stealing to feed their family. You. He let the boy absorb the information. If he wanted to he could finish the boys shinobi career, how did he know he had one? Because the moves the boy had performed in stealing the chicken in the first place. Sure there were no jutsu, but just the movements gave away training.

Now, I have a friend that I'm wanting to pull a prank on. It's his twenty first and so I want to give him the fright of his life. I thought that you would be the perfect person to do this, and we could concider us even in terms of what we both know. Though you'd need to keep it a secret, otherwise I wont be able to keep yours. He nodded looking at Keiji, hoping that the boy would agree to co-operate. There was no malice and nothing which would hint to Hikari that anything bad had gone on, after all he didn't want Keiji to be questioned by her on anything.

Keiji

The Unfortunate Overlord
Staff member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank

Keiji gulped as Kushin's words seethed in. This was the first time Keiji was ever caught with his thievery, he had done it countless times just for food and basic living standards. He never stole for personal gain. Although admittedly he knew full well the extent of his 'crimes' even if he didn't like referring to it like that. He sighed a little to himself after a little while. He was getting worried Keiji was done for, his entire dream to reach power to protect his little brother, he needed it, a drop of sweat appeared on Keiji's forhead.

Then Kushin spoke again. "Now, I have a friend that I'm wanting to pull a prank on." Keiji was surprised at this point Prank? I think I know where this is going. "It's his twenty first and so I want to give him the fright of his life." Keiji grinned a little bit at this point. "I thought that you would be the perfect person to do this" Perfect person? YES! "and we could consider us even in terms of what we both know. Though you'd need to keep it a secret, otherwise I wont be able to keep yours." Keiji was smiling at this point, he knew it was the best and only way to secure himself from ruining his entire life, and making him very grateful towards Kushin. Sennins aren't so bad after all huh he said to himself in his mind. "Sure, I'd be happy to help out Kushin-senpai" He added the suffix to emphasize on Kushin's superiority over him and the fact that he was plainly enough a lot older than him. And the fact that he was seeming more and more awesome in his eyes. "So, what is it exactly you want me to do? just scare him?" Keiji was mildly joking insinuating that Kushin would obviously have a plan in store, and Keiji merely played a part in it.

Junan

Yen
ASP
Deaths

No, scaring him would be too easy. What I have in mind is far more elaborate. He grinned as his wicked mind ran down the path which he was paving. Give me your headset contact details and I will contact you when the time is right and will give you the details then as to what the plan is. It'll be fun. But only if you're good at acting. You're good at acting right? He asked hoping that the excitement of the plan would get to the boy. This was going to be such fun.

Because what I'll need you to be doing will involve you running to some of my medical shinobi crying and they'll need to believe you. He said hoping that the boy would accept the mission.

Keiji

The Unfortunate Overlord
Staff member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank

Keiji listened intensively at Kushin spoke. He looked surprised as Kushin mentioned 'Headset contact details' He kept listening, he nodded as he asked if he was good at acting. "I think so, yeah!" Admittedly he was getting excited, scaring someone is sure to be a great way to use his recently acquired skills. Medical Shinobi?, Kitsune?! He asked himself in his mind. "Well sure, I suppose I could go to them and make them believe me, as long as it doesn't make me look weak!" Keiji said with a small, but harsh tone in his voice. Keiji then looked down on the ground in shame and said "Well, to be honest Kushin-senpai I don't have a headset of any sort.." He paused as he looked at Kushin. "So I don't know how to give you said contact details." He said calmly but worryingly.

Junan

Yen
ASP
Deaths

Ah, the first glitch in the plans then. No means to contact him. Standing up he looked around for a moment before pulling out his quill. Dipping it into his inkpot he quickly drew an outline of himself which filled itself out until it became a black and white him. Pulling out his wallet he gave it some cash Go get him one. The ink clone ran off quickly.

You wont look weak, but what I have in mind might be a little unusual. He said, they had time now and he might as well explain himself while the clone was away.

My idea is that you pretend to have been... touched innapropriately by my friend. Over to you as to how far you want to take it, just make it believeable. I'll contact you with where and when, but I'll let you figure it out the details to what he did to you. How does that sound?

So now he needed to see if the boy would take the task.

Keiji

The Unfortunate Overlord
Staff member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank

Keiji examined closely what Kushin was doing, he literally made a drawing, come to life. He was almost shocked at the skills and abilities this Sennin had up in his sleeve. Keiji was intrigued to say the least.

As Kushin described Keiji listened closely to what was being said, although he admittedly didn't like being honest, and even outright lying. Eeeeehh..? He thought to himself over his options, Lie, or lose all hopes and dreams of becoming a ninja His options was pretty clear. And he pretty much had no choice on the matter.

He nodded in reply. "Alright, I'll do it. But.." He paused slightly and looked at Kushin-senpai with intrigued eyes "May I ask before everything goes down, as to who your "friend" is?" Keiji was creeped out by the sound idea it was, since he was still a child his "innocence" is of major concern to many. So it was a sound exploitation to make use of, although admittedly he had never thought of doing it before.

Junan

Yen
ASP
Deaths

Of course. His name is Tame, Yatsu Tame. He's a clean cut, hard working shinobi. This is the last thing that a shinobi like him would do so that is why I'm doing this as the prank. He smiled to reassure the boy.

The clone arrived with the boxed headset and passed it to Kushin before melting as the chakra sustaining its existence was abruptly halted. Here's a headset. Think of it as a gift from me to you. The code for it is found on the bottom of the box, here. He pointed and then recorded it down himself. It was a small single earpiece, one of the latest models which would only need to be removed when sleeping. Much like the boy would realise Kushin himself wore.

So is all good then? I'll call you and give you details on when and where this will take place and then all is sorted. He knew it wasn't really a question, the boy had no reason to not be able to do this, well, unless he knew and was related to Tame or something. In which case this would be interesting.

Keiji

The Unfortunate Overlord
Staff member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank

Keiji held the box high to examine the number in place underneath. So this.. Is my number? he asked himself in his mind, holding it afterwards down at his side underneath his shoulder. After listening closely to Kushin's words, Keiji nodded in reply "All good." just to assure Kushin the information and understood.

Keiji took a step back, bowed towards Kushin. "Thank you Kushin-Senpai I'll be sure to make myself worthy of your trust!" When he got up he looked over his shoulder and looked over at Hikari with an interested glare. He looked back at Kushin. "Well, Kushin-Senpai if there was nothing else, I'll have to go now, if you'll excuse me. I have a friend to talk to" He took a step more backwards indicating he felt like he was in a hurry. He felt like he had kept Hikari waiting more than enough.

Junan

Yen
ASP
Deaths

Have fun. He said and watched as the boy went off to his friend at last.

Thank you for your patience Hikari. He said to the girl and watched them as they left.

Plans were in motion. Yet the greatest of plans only went so far as the first maneuver. This was the first, whatever happened next would be up to the fates for people were anything but predictable.

Turning he left the alleyway, having created a new pawn for his endless game.

[Topic Left]

Keiji

The Unfortunate Overlord
Staff member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank

Keiji turned away as Kushin left, and walked to Hikari with a smile on his face carrying the box with his new headset inside. He carried it under his arm, he intended to pack it into his shoulder back, but first he wanted to show off a little bit. As he got up to Hikari and Kushin was far out of sight, he sighed heavily and breathed out in relief "Damn, finally, I never thought he'd leave" Keiji said with annoyance. "So. Where were we?" He said curiously looking at Hikari.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back