Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Yu, Me and Uri (and Shuu) [Medical Thread; Uri]

Sagasu Yume

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The majority of the injuries that took place during the Magnetica fight were dealt with on the spot. Between the paramedic team and the Ikoji clan, there weren’t many problems that were bound for Omni Prime; even Harupia seemed well enough to go home for bed rest after his abdominal wound was tended to. Still riding the high of the battle, Yume returned to Uri’s side to find that he had already bandaged his arm with an aqueous film, held in place by chakra. The sweet stench of charred flesh engulfed the Inuzuka’s nose as she struggled to keep her stomach contents down. Her forefinger and thumb pinched her nostrils shut and, with her free hand, waved a team over and ordered Uri to sit. Her voice would be a little comical from the obstructed secondary airway, but her expression told him that it was no laughing matter.

It’s your lucky day; 1 free ride to the hospital and I will be your attendant. I guess we do get to play doctor, after all.

Off they sped to the hospital, taking care not to jostle the injured chuunin excessively. Giving her radio a click, their presence was announced prior to their arrival and an operating room was prepped and ready. Yume departed from Uri’s side long enough to change into a surgical gown, bind her hair, and don a mask and gloves after scrubbing down. Coming to his side, the nurses were already removing his clothing, unable to keep any of his parts covered and at the moment the mednin was far too business like to be embarrassed. Giving him a sweet smile, she addressed him directly to determine his degree of consciousness.

Hey there, daredevil. I’m going to have to ask you to keep your comedy to a minimum while we work on you. You don’t need to make things worse by making us laugh. Shuu might be used to see you this way, but I most certainly am not.

Expertly taking a few senbon in her fingers, she slides them into his shoulder joint and pinches the Lateral and Medial anterior thoratic nerves to dull any residual pain to his limb. By the look of the blackened flesh and weeping tissue, his nerves were already severely damaged and it was unlikely that there would be much difference to him. Keeping her left hand steady with a layer of water to cool his skin, she is careful not to remove any of his body’s plasma that would naturally mend the wound. With the assistance of a nurse, she would identify the pieces of skin for them to take hold of with forceps so she could use a chakra scalpel to slice the charred remains away. Her teeth gripped her lower lip behind her mask as she focused on keeping as much of her chakra from invading his already shocked system as possible. It would do no good for her to practice the bad habit that she constantly reamed Tama out for.

Uri

Yen
ASP
Deaths
When the nurses had taken to removing his singed clothing, peeling away the remainder of the old bandages on his body he observed as one filtered through the contents of his vest. In one of their metallic containers rested what seemed to be something near five pounds of various candies and chocolates. He received a look and stopped himself from shrugging, knowing that it would probably not be in his best interest. As Yume reappeared completely sterile, he released the bubble protecting his arm and allowed her to do her job. While Uri was a master of many things, a medical professional he was not; even if he had some experience in the field. Some people had dedicated their whole lives to the subject matter and were masters long before they were acknowledged for it. The Inuzuka was one such person and Uri knew solely from her passion that medicine was a large part of her life.

While Uri's body was still recovering from his encounter of Sniperman, most of those burns having healed and new skin replacing the mangled tissue, his right arm was an complete mess that was something of major concern. Segments of his flesh was charred black, bubbles formed from the blistering heat, and his nerve-ending had all but died or overloaded from the intense pain making him feel nothing but numbness. The senbon implanted into his shoulder helped ebb the throbbing to the rest of his body. This wasn't to ignore the various other burns dotting along his body. Due to the pulsing chakra from the unstable attack, scorched marks could been seen across the front of his body; legs, thighs, numerous stripes across his chest where his vest had been open, and one such burn mark curved up the length of his neck, stopping just at his chin.

As more of his flesh was peeled away, a smile spread across his lips that he didn't attempt to hide, "Y'know, I think there are some cannibals in northern wind country we could sell that to. 'Sensationally Sweet Uri Jerky!' we can call it."<i></i> Only someone as odd of a person as Uri could make a joke in a situation like this, but truth be told, if he didn't he would be stuck thinking about the pain, "Couldn't help myself. Only time, I swear."<i></i>

Whenever Yume reached either of his hands, the runic seals branded into the palms of his hands, the epicenter of his attacks, were completely unscathed. The skin was pink and supple and seemed like it had only been irritated from the intense strength of the attack. Due to the unusual state of Uri's chakra, it sapped up others like a sponge, consuming it and converting it into more energy for himself. This nature was what made it so unstable. Simply existing consumed chakra from everything around him, even if it was only through subtle means. This was why he would always have moments of spontaneous creation; while it served to entertain, it was also a means from keeping himself under control. Even after his expenditures, the sudden influx of new chakra from both the med-nin on the battlefield had warranted his immense attack to save himself from becoming sick.

"Just take it nice and slow, Yume-chan. All of that chakra that Shuu-chan poured into me is helping the process some. So be wary of overhealing or else the muscle and skin will knit incorrectly."<i></i>

Sagasu Yume

Yen
ASP
Deaths
She would stop her work with a look of disgust on her face. By the slight downward tug on the corners of her mouth, it looks for a moment like the mednin might throwup what minimal stomach contents she has. The look is abolished as she swallows hard to get the imagined taste from her mouth with a frown.

What you do on your free time is entirely your business. I'll pass.

The last of the marred flesh sloughed off, leaving pink and red splotches with severity ranging from open musculature to singed epidermis. Releasing the chakra scalpel, she switches to a more conventional method of a needle and thread to patch up the less damaged tissue that was simply rent. Stopping, she looks up at him with an arched eyebrow, trying not to be insensitive to the assistance he was trying to give her. He knew that she was relatively new to healing compared to Shuu and just wanted to see her succeed, but it was a matter of pride too. The first conversation/rant she ever had with in earshot of Uri was reprimanding Tama for the incorrect use of healing jutsus. As she drew nearer to his palms, however, she would observe the lack of any wound other than a slight redness.

Curious... your palms aren't damaged. If anything they should have been damaged more due to being the epicentre of the attack. Do your seals have some special protection about them? I never asked what they do or where they came from.

She knew Uri well enough that to keep him talking would be the best way to keep his mind off of the work that they needed to perform. Now that the superficial wounds that would get in the way were taken care of, she switched to working on the internal injuries. Focusing on his chakra rather than her own, she uses it to pull his torn muscles and fatty-tissue back together so she could wrap it in a way that was natural. Non-stick bandages at the ready, she places down a layer to absorb any blood or excess plasma that would weep out in order to keep it close to the flesh; around that she would wrap a layer of gauze to keep everything in place. While she worked, a nurse would be setting up an IV on his other arm by finding a vein and taping to tubing in place so that it wouldn't accidentally pull out. Above him hung a bag of plasma and saline that would be used to replace his missing fluids. Sitting back, she takes inventory of the care that has been given and giggles a little. He looked very much like the monster in a story her father told her when she was a child; a tale of the ancestors of a desert family coming back to life in their burial wraps.

*giggles* Are you my mummy?

Uri

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Uri was a good sport about the procedure. When someone got into enough trouble and had been worked on by a doctor or healer frequently enough they knew to just sit back, do as they were told, and let it all unfold. Despite not being able to feel much, there was a visceral sensation that came with watching someone rend flesh from your body. There was a brief moment where a chill shook his form, but he quickly dismissed it and knew better than to move too much. While much of the ninja world was scientific in that many things could be measured and made into procedure, chakra healing was closer to an art form. Too much or too little, manipulating the water in someone's system to be able to set broken bones and muscles back together was a delicate art. One apparently Yume had had practice with.

She inquired about his palms and as to why they hadn't suffered like the rest of him had, he looked down at them and gently flexed his fingers, "Well, yes and no. These marking are from a different school of energy manipulation, but the properties are similar in any regards. I've always had a stymied chakra flow. My health was fine, but I couldn't affect how it moved or change it; you can imagine that made me a terrible ninja in schoo-"<i></i> There was a moment when she was pulling a muscle grouping back into place that made him draw a sharp breath. It had been acutely painful. Once his head stopped spinning, he continued, "As I was saying, I was a rot at the stuff. So during my travels I had met a man who said he could help fix it through some methods his culture had developed. As a matter of fact, once you know what you're looking at, my hand reads similar to a book."<i></i>

This was around the time Yume had stepped back and giggled, admiring her work. There was a whispered comment that Uri almost didn't catch. Almost.

If you can be my nurse., He thought to himself, knowing better than to verbalize the retort.

Careful as to not exacerbate his wounds, he waved her forward and spread out his hand, palm towards the ceiling. Delicately, he used a single finger to draw over numerous symbols on his hand, "This triangle here means fire, this one, with the line through it represents earth."<i></i> He continued to draw on the scarred flesh of his hand, "This larger circle with the ovals in it represents terra, or a our worldy plane as we understand it. This symbol with the circle and curved line doubled over is union, and the one opposite of it is separation. This star-like shape at the center is creation. Separately, these all mean nothing, but when scribed in the proper order can be capable of doing anything. In my specific case the outside symbols are the basic elements we as shinobi recognize; earth, wind, fire, water. These channel through one another and allow an ebb and flow to reach into creation, and from there it is up to me to as to manipulate the energy to the shape I desire. The end result it is passed through the process of union and separation which allows it to be expelled out into the world, or allow me to do other things more unique to me!"<i></i>

Uri smiled, but quickly lessened the grin when it pulled at the seared flesh along his jaw, "I learned a lot in my time away. Lots of fascinating views and methods that we, as ninja, don't even think is possible. We're ironically sheltered from the rest of the world because we think we're already the top of the food chain....y'knows...sans sandworms."<i></i>

----
References: Here
Here

Sagasu Yume

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Like the trained scholar she was, her brain took note of everything that Uri told her, etching the symbols into her memory for later study. She had read books on seals but had never seen a permanent one so close. He made it sound that the seal helped him manipulate the world around him in ways that most shinobi couldn’t. She considered asking if that was because he wanted to enhance his abilities or if this was the single reason he had any. The question in and of itself was rude and she knew that after the day they had that it wouldn’t come out right. Looking up from his palm, she met him with a smile but winced with sympathy as his muscles stretched with the motion. It wasn’t enough to destroy the knit but it certainly couldn’t be comfortable.

You’re going to have to take it easy. You took a lot of damage and while you’re strong enough to have your chakra heal yourself faster than most, I’m still keeping you here for a few days. We’ll have to change those dressings every few hours and it’s cleaner in here than it is out there. Suna is not a hospitable environment when it comes to keeping wounds clean.

The nurses would have his superficial wounds bandaged but now it was time to attend to his internal injuries. She knew she had to be careful due to their careless healing on the battlefield but there were bones that required alignment and the only method she knew was to use her jutsu. Placing her hands over each broken bone, she closed her eyes and sent in tendrils of chakra to wrap around the deformed ribs and tug them apart and then fall into place. A bag of painkillers hung at the ready if he gave any sign that the discomfort was excessive. Once his ribs were in order, she extracted her instrumental chakra to the best of her ability, trying very hard not to leave any behind and potentially making him sick.

Checking the dressings one more time, she would turn and scribble her notes down on his chart. His pulse was strong, as was his breathing, and his eyes dilated naturally. He would be fit to rest whenever he pleased. As if she had been shocked, the young woman jumped up directly and darted from the room, leaving a confused fox behind to look down the hall after her and then back to Uri. He would give a shrug as best he could and lay down; There wasn’t much he could do when it came time for healing to be done other than stay out of the way. While Yume was gone, Uri would be wheeled out of the operating room and into recovery, CuRua following behind after he made sure that none of the shinobi’s belongings were carelessly forgotten. Taking up a spot on a chair, he curled up and let out a sigh, glancing around the room, at Uri, and then at the door. He didn’t like being left behind.

It didn’t take long for Yume to reappear, her hands hid carefully behind her back. She had a mischievous smile that told them that she had a secret and was about to burst. Hurrying to Uri’s side, she produces a red sucker that was about an inch and a half in diameter. She wasn’t certain if the sugar would be good for him or if he would even want it, but she knew that it was usually his go-to comfort and it was the best she could do until she could clear him for solids consumption. Tearing off the wrapper so he doesn’t have to, she thrusts it forward to his mouth so that he could take the sweet freely if he desired it.

For the most well mannered patient I’ve had in a long time. Can I get you anything to make you more comfortable?

Uri

Yen
ASP
Deaths
NOM<i></i>

He enveloped the sucker with his lips and savored the sweet cherry-flavor. The hard candy danced around his mouth, making the white stick dip and bob about as he enjoyed it. There was a reason why he was so obsessed with sugar and didn't gain weight. Part of it was due to having a good metabolism, but there was something deeper that was ingrained into him that was chakra-related. Carefully shoving it into one cheek, that stretched showing how often he enjoyed oversize lollipops, "No, I think I'm good, Doctor Yume!"<i></i>

Looking over his body, he slumped a bit and sighed, "No worries, though. This isn't the first time I've had some rough injuries. I'll hang out around here for a bit and heal up and once I'm not extra crispy anymore I'll get out of your hair. Medium-well Uri should be more than capable of handling his bandages by then. I've got this super nifty cream I made from some plants in Fire Country that'll help keep infections out!"<i></i> Ever-so-carefully, he stood up and hobbled over to the bed and sat down slowly. Everything still ached, even if a large majority of the pain had been numbed away.

"Some good shut-eye and I'll be right as rain."<i></i> His eyes slowly drifted shut and right when it seemed he had fallen asleep, his eyes burst back open, "OH! And can I get some pudding? And by some I mean a gallon or so every few hours..."<i></i> He looked between the med-nin and the fox and forced as much of a shrug he could, "Don't give me that look. I like pudding AND I'm hurt. You can barely even argue."<i></i>

[mft]

Sagasu Yume

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Considering the amount of sugar she had seen Uri ingest coupled with the fact that he was rarely without some form of confection, the request wasn’t so strange. It was the way he had been almost asleep and had caught the fox and mednin off guard that had elicited the wide-eyed blank stare in response to his request. Blinking at him, and then turning to each other they would blink rapidly as if having a conversation when really it was just bewilderment.

Can he hold a spoon?

No, probably not but he has to eat. Doughnuts?

Could work. Much less messy, and easier for a nurse to feed him if need be.

Glancing back to Uri, they would both flash him a smile before bounding from the room and down the hall towards the exit and making a b-line for Senti-mints. There she would pick up a bakers dozen of Bastion Cream doughnuts and place an order for 14 more to be delivered every two hours to Uri’s room. That should last him a few days until he went home.

[Topic Ended]

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back