Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Private A Call to Arms [Req. Neko, Kuro, Sumire, Akkuma, Harupia, and Sora]

Chikamatsu Shin

12th Kazekage
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
The time had come for Shin to speak with not only his two Sennin, but also the company he was going to assign on these two missions. With Asuka vanishing after the announcement of her Senninship, Shin has decided to speak with Neko and ask his pupil to take over the role he was going to give to her. Neither Neko nor Akkuma had been informed of this, but with their positions now being a few days old it was time to act. ANBU operatives would track down Tanatsu Neko and Miroku Akkuma as well as their supporting team members of Toraono Kuro, Kimiko Sumire, Sunaku Harupia, and Shingetsu Sora to report to the Kazekage's office at noon of the following day.

In preparation Shin would make sure all of his flowers growing in the office were freshly pruned and in full bloom. He prepared a small snack table with some of Sunagakure's best bite sized baked goods and sweet treats. Beside the display of sugary delights would rest a pair of glass double insulated containers, both with a dark liquid, most likely coffee, but one appeared to have steam within and the other had ice cubes. A selection of various milks and creams, both dairy and non, were present for this meeting as well. Shin grinned as his goal was to make the visit to the Kazekage's office a joyous one and not something that felt like speaking with the Dean of the Toraono Dojo as an Academy Student. He was in charge, yes, but he didn't want to come across as a dictator.

1708714105394.png

He would be dressed in some more casual attire, not donning his armor, as he awaited for the meeting. He could feel the nervousness building in him as he was about to have his first meeting as the Kazekage with his Sunan Shinobi. He was hoping that Neko would be the first to arrive since out of everyone they most likely had the closest relationship abd seeing her would help calm his nerves.

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Taking a deep breath and then exhaling slowly, Sora shook his head and realized that despite all of his best efforts that Suigetsu had been right, he was going to stick with his tried and true somewhat out of place shinobi hoodie ensemble. While it wasn't a dress up occasion, it was still a meeting with the Kazekage, and technically his first official meeting with him to boot. Though they had both been present in the Sennin Games, it was Suigetsu who had been doing the driving with that event and from how things looked, he'd apparently done a not so great job. There had been a rank up but, Sora had expected more. In fact, by all the numbers, he was basically in third place in the standings. Alas, that was under a different Kage and certainly not the twelfth, so it was akin to sand in the desert.

Showing both his credentials and being ushered to the place where the meeting was to take place, Sora found himself one of, if not the first to make an entrance as he peeked his head in room, did a quick scan of the layout, and then continued walking in. Noting the rather relaxed looking Kazekage, he gave he respectful bow before speaking. "Lord Twelfth, it's a pleasure to see you again, and may I add, I respect the subdued glow up for the occasion." Smirking, he gave a toothy grin and the soon to no longer be a teenager noted the drinks and tried to make small enough talk while he figured out what they were. "So... how's your new lot in life treating you?" It wasn't a lot to say but it at least opened to floor for conversation. Shin had included Sora in whatever was happening so his conversation was as good as any.

OOC: Sora's outfit below.

cw9LK11.jpeg

Last edited:

Toraono Kuro

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Kuro closed up his food cart and set it up for travel. He would humbly proceed to head out with his fellow Sunans. Making sure he reinforced the handles to the cart Kuro strapped the handles to his waist and balanced himself. Wheels were set for sand and transition to hard soil. Kuro nodded to himself and then set off to join Shin and the others. Protecting the legacies of Mother Suna and the ancients bound to the Toraono Clan and figuring out the environmental decay of the deserts and the chakra crystals was his main goal. The protection of Sunagakure and its people were always at the forefront of Kuro's mind. Nowadays he was simply sending encrypted letters to his family to let them know he was okay and checking for aerial responses every few months via birds and mountain formations.

It was time for a trip.

Tanatsu Neko

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
B
Asa Mitaka.jpg
Shortly after Sora entered Neko would come into the room and make herself comfortable. While Anbu had been dispatched to retrieve her, she had known by their demeanor that a sense of urgency was not exactly required. Though upon entering her stomach turned at the sight of tea and treats with Shin. However she quickly pushed down the past experiences with him and treats before making her way to grab a cup of the coffee. She took a long sniff and then sat waiting on the others to attend. She could assume that given the fact that both Sora and her were in a room together implied that there were more to come.

She sipped her coffee and listened to the beginning of their conversation not truly feeling it would be necessary to add to it at the time being, though the temptaion to ask about why the sudden summons had occurred had begun to creep into her mind. Hearing Lord twelfth out of Sora's mouth was a reminder to the current state of things, and how rapidly it had changed.

"Yes lord twelfth, a great question actually. How are you holding up with the sudden.. Changes?"

She'd go back to sipping her coffee, a genuine look of leaving her brow raised as she locked her pale green eyes on Shin. Aside from the coronation, she hadn't seen her sensei in his new role yet, so this was really one that left her confused and curious as to what was to come. Aside from that, she also was curious about this Sora, she had never met them but had seen them in the Sennin Games. Though admittedly she had snapped out loud at his answers in the second round, she'd never actually had the chance to speak with him. Seemed like there may be more opportunity now than previously, so she'd probably need to rectify the remarks made at the games.

[mft 319]

Kureji

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
It might have been a bit embarrassing for the ANBU to have a hard time trying to catch up to Sumire, who was out on one of her daily runs. Her regular runs being that of running at inhuman speeds at very far distances. Finally, the ANBU would catch up to her, or rather strategically place themselves to catch her before she would pass by them again. Cocking her head to the side, "Well why didn't you stop me sooner you silly anbu?" She would say, not meaning to insult them, but probably did.

But before they could respond, Sumire would make up for lost time by leaping into the air going far distances in just a single jump. She would repeat such a feat until she was outside the Kazekage tower where she would take the elevator up and eventually make it to the room as intended. All in less than a quarter of the time it took the ANBU to get to her. She would open the door to see Neko, her sister and now a full blown Sennin amongst other people, one of which, is the new Kazekage and another a previous contender in the Sennin Games.

She would bow to Shin, "Hello Kazekage, I see that we have quite the group here." She would look over at Neko, whilst they live in the same household, her sisters recent ascent to Sennin proved to be a tad bit difficult in terms of how busy her little sister has become. "Neko, we both haven't had the time to sit down and relax, but I just wanted to say congrats and that I'm proud of you!"

Chikamatsu Shin

12th Kazekage
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Shin chuckled as he took a sip of his cold brew coffee.

"In all honesty I don't think it has truly hit me yet, the sudden changes and all.."

Four of the six members were summoned and though Harupia nor Akkuma were here Shin would try and carry casual conversation until their arrival.

"I've learned that people treat you different though, even if you haven't changed who you are, which is admittedly a strange experience to have. "

He looked at Sora, and grinned.

"Speaking of big changes. I've heard through the grape vine that you have been the one working closely with Uzi, we will need to chat in more detail about the exciting projects that have been cooking over in the shipyards later. "

Turning back to the sisters he continued.

"When I thought of who I felt I could trust when my back was against the wall, against all odds, Neko was the first name to come to mind. I'm sure she'll be sick of me soon enough though. "

He laughed nervously before looking to Kuro who actually answered his summons. A soft hint of pink took his cheeks at the idea that Lord Kuro would be willing to help him.

"Lord Kuro, I am incredibly grateful for your arrival! For what I have planned I believe that you and Sumire would be excellent guides to help Neko with the mission I have planned for her. "

He took a few steps and grabbed one of the sweets covered in milk chocolate and a light dusting with powdered sugar. Chewing the snack before covering his mouth with his hand as he finished it he would continue.

"But that will be discussed in detail when the others arrive. "

Miroku Akkuma

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
☆☆☆☆☆
The masked figure of an Anbu would appear beside the Sage, their sudden appearance causing a singular eyebrow to raise in curiosity. "I assume I'm needed for something?" the question was asked casually as he turned to face the Anbu. "Lord Shin requires your presence for a meeting." Their answer was swift & once it had been delivered they departed in a swirl of sand. Akkuma would sigh, he had been hoping to finishing moving some projects over to the Omni Prime Medical Facility. But it seemed that would have to wait, he had higher obligations to attend to now. With that thought he would adjust his button up t-shirt, it's sleeves rolled up his forearms as he ensured he looked presentable. Aside from some splotches of deep blue chalk dust, he was satisfied with his appearance. Having spent most of his morning marking which projects were to be transferred with the substance, at least those that weren't at risk from such marking.

He wore dark clothing with a thick leather belt around his waist, hanging from his pants a small chain link hoop with a variety of keys attached to it. His eyes were a vivid crimson that rivaled the deep hues, even those of the Sharingan wielding Uchiha. That shoulder length hair of his was a mixture of ice blue & white hues. In this attire the various stitch-like scars that covered his form were revealed, most prominent around his forearms & chest. Satisfied with his attire Akkuma would become engulfed in swirling sand before he was transported to Shin's office. Re-appearing there moments later & willing the sand that he formed from into his pockets. A shark-like grin upon his face as those crimson eyes scanned the room, those present & finally the little assortment of goodies that had been prepared for them. A chuckle would escape his form as that appraising gaze moved to meet the Kazekage's casual attire. "Well at least we're all comfortable." he'd say flashing a devilish smirk before his gaze would move back to those present.

"Kuro my battle-brother! How it pleases me to see you well." The Sage would say with a voice that was no doubt disarmingly friendly for many of those gathered, given the reputation he had. Turning his gaze next to Sumire, a shinobi he had yet to meet. Although the name sounded familiar perhaps it had been in one of the numerous files he had gone over. There was so much he had to process with his new position in this village, he was still adjusting to his place here. He would have to make a point of getting better acquainted with the shinobi of Suna he didn't know. Next his piercing gaze would land upon Neko, appraising her form. She was one of his peers, he would have to get acquainted with her as well.

Lastly his gaze would move to Sora, the curiosity. A youth he had encountered during his bar meeting with Chigokai Yuna. He'd seen the young shinobi in the company of individuals like Kaen. The Sennin Games & now here...hopefully he would get the chance to finally sate his curiosity over the youth. "Are we here for a casual meeting or has some calamity already befallen us?" he would ask them all in a jesting tone, a devilish smirk upon his face, Given the amount of faces in the room he wasn't quite sure what to expect, walking up to Shin's desk he would place a rolled up scroll upon it. Written inside would be a variety of project titles that he had transferred from his clans own labs to those of the Omni Prime Facility within Sunagakure's walls. There would be time for them to go over it all at a later date. For now he was merely keeping the Kazekage in the loop, they could go into the finer details of the various projects when necessary.

While his ominous aura was usually undeniable, it's oppressive presence seemed uncannily elusive. Only adding to the enigmatic charisma that seemed to exude from him. His crimson orbs scanned the room & there was a dangerous hunger within the depths of their gaze. Maybe when they were done here he'd go to the Obsidian Palace & get himself a meal. Perhaps he should check with Shin first & ensure that the death row inmates were up for grabs. Both for his experiments & as a source of sustenance. If not, well he might need to go for an excursion to get himself a decent meal. He just counted himself lucky his desires were not as gluttonous as his youth, after all he'd ended whole bloodlines to satiate his hunger in the past. Nowadays he sustained himself from the subtler lifeforce of beings around him, yet it was like living of bland rations. It provided all he needed, but left much to be desired.

darkone9061_Tomura_Shigaraki_MHA_adult_7189159b-0b0f-4dd6-a73a-11294a146ea9.jpg

Chikamatsu Shin

12th Kazekage
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
[OoC: Harupia hasn't joined but I will go ahead and get this started]

"Akkuma, so gracious you finally came, get yourself a drink. We all need to talk."

Shin would take a few more steps before shifting his weight to hop up and sit on his desk, crossing his legs with the sweet in his hand. HIs smaller frame was greatly contrast to many of the large and powerful men in this room.

"So, welcome to my new office, I hope to make visits here positive ones, but in order to do this we need to set some presence with the other villages, so today, after you all enjoy your snacks, I am sending all of you out on S-Rank Missions where a chance of death is present."

He took a bite of his snack and waiting for a moment.

"I you don't want to partake you can leave now, I don't blame you, but these missions can assure the safty of our home."

FInishing his sweet he would take a sip of his cold brew coffee.

"Sunagakure no Sato has had no alliances for some time, and it has come to my attention that Konohagakure and Kumogakure no Sato are in an alliance. While we have many shinobi from Kirigakure, their status as a Hidden Village has not been recognized since the catastrophic events that occurred on their island, as I am sure some of you are well aware of, and due to this we currently stand with no officially alliances. While I do not wish to set up alliances with Konohagakure nor Kumogakure at this time I am sending you all there for two distinct reasons.

First, discuss with their Kages about their stances with us, see if you can find any hostility being harbored in their hearts, if so notify me immediately. I expect them to treat you as honored guests and anything less will be considered an insult to Sunagakure no Sato as a whole.

Second, I want you to see if you can find any additional refugees of Kirigakue and encourage them to come to Sunagakure and speak with me. I would like to get to know the Mist Shinobi that have survived. We have a few within our walls and they have only made us stronger."

Shin would pause to read the room. He knew that the mentions of Kirigakure would most likely not be an expected topic of conversation in the Kazekage's Tower, but he believed it was a needed one. The wandering shinobi of Mist were powerful and he wanted them on his side if Cloud and Leaf were conspiring against him.

"My first convoy will be meeting with Uchiha Takeshi, the Fourth Hokage of Konohagakure. I will be sending Sennin Neko to be the Mission Leader and joining you on guard and advisor duties will be Sumire and Kuro-sama."

He looked at Sumire and Kuro.

"Not only are you two expected to assist Neko for this mission, but you are to keep Neko safe at all costs, even if that means putting your life on the line, but I expect nothing less from the two of you."

Shin shifted his eyes over to Akkuma with a grin.

"I believe that my Sennin of International Affairs is who is needed to speak with Shinrya Kitsune, the Eleventh Raikage. She is the Kage that sent Silent, an ANBU spy to infiltrate our ranks, and I do not appreciate that. I will be sending Sora and Harupia, wherever he may be, along with you as I trust that their strengths will be beneficial if the Cloud Shinobi try and to become hostile towards you. Any hostile act towards you will be considered a hostile act towards Sunagakure. I am sure I can trust that you'll be on your best behavior for this mission Akkuma, as the peace between Sunagakure and Kumogakure is dependent on you and your team."

Shin's gaze turned towards Neko.

"As for you Neko, I don't expect Takeshi to act up, but just in case I am sending the person who I believe cares for you as much as I do, if not more, and one of the most powerful men to have ever called Sunagakure home since the time of Primus. I believe that peace can be achieved with Konoha, but please assess their military strengths as well for it Kitsune decided to treat our ambassadors poorly, she may be calling to Konohagakure in the future for aid."

Sunaku Harupia

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The last few days had been…hectic, to say the least. He figured the Sennin games would be something crazy in their own right, but it seemed that fate had much more unpredictable plans in store for the village. First the interruption of the games due to the Kazekage disappearing, the chaos of the uncertain what to do about that, then the announcement of the new leadership being announced. Shin has made quite a leap in the last few days. And the assortment of new Sennin was also colorful. Akkuma's reputation was something you couldn’t quite, miss and an exiled former Hokage…who now has also made herself sparse.

All in all, it was a lot, and imagining himself needing to be in front of the chaos like this is why he shied away from any particular position of power before. But with so many people either vanishing or retired to some degree, he didn’t have much of a choice. He was planning to step up since his return and the Senin game announcement…even if that got derailed he wouldn’t be stopping. Though he’d need to work on his timeliness somewhat.

Just as Shin was greeting Akkuma and inviting him to partake in the treats provided, The doors would open once more with the final invited member rushing in. Dressed also casually, dark vest and matching pants along with a red shirt under it, the Sand user looked slightly out of breath but composed, a smile on his face as he said “Well, at least I made it before the serious talk started… Greetings everyone, and apologies for cutting it close, Kazekage-Sama” he directed along with a quick bow to Shin himself.

As Shin spoke, he regarded the people within the room quickly. Many young faces he didn’t know quite well, though he did face off against Sora in the Sennin games, if only verbally. He regarded Kuro with a quick nod of the head… if all else failed, it seemed the regal tiger was always present to lend a helping hand. The prospect of technology being the second eldest Suna Shinobi at this meeting besides him filled him with slight dread…well, you could count Akkuma, but he honestly wasn’t sure how old that guy was.

Soon the mission became clear, diplomacy. Half of them were sent to Leaf, half to Cloud, with the side task of trying to see if there were any more survivors of Kirigakure out there. He was tasked along with Sora to help Akkum in his diplomatic task. Seemed straightforward enough, and the implicit risk of death was also clear. Only one thing he could think of asking about as he said “Do we have any leads of information on whether either village has any mist refugees? I can imagine some of them would have gone to lengths to make themselves hidden. Or perhaps they would be integrated with the Leaf of Cloud community enough it may take a bit to convince them to come visit Suna…Ekh, If I may help myself” he paused after a brief cough, his voice becoming slightly hoarse as he spoke… Apparently dashing to a meeting didn’t do wonders for your voice, as he reached for some of the iced coffee.

jxzERTH.png

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
"Speaking of big changes. I've heard through the grape vine that you have been the one working closely with Uzi, we will need to chat in more detail about the exciting projects that have been cooking over in the shipyards later. " The words from the Kazekage nearly made Sora blush but he was able to sheepishly smirk. "Of course, of course!" While it was true that he had been working with Uzi, it had seemed that with Uzi's business with other affairs that Sora and Suigetsu had been left alone to lead the project with their merry crew. In fact, they had advanced beyond the prototypes into near final drafts. It wouldn't be long until they were taking over the skies above Suna. Bringing himself back down to the sands though, Sora made sure to keep his thoughts in check. If Shin had wanted to speak to him about airships then he would have simply done so. This was a meeting for far more than that and it didn't take long to get to the point.

In a word, Shin didn't disappoint. Having already assigned his Sennin thus far, he rolled out a list of assignments and who would back the Sennin up. Chief among the assignments was the one that he held with Akkuma and Harupia, two people that he had history with of a passing sort. "I believe that my Sennin of International Affairs is who is needed to speak with Shinrya Kitsune, the Eleventh Raikage. She is the Kage that sent Silent, an ANBU spy to infiltrate our ranks, and I do not appreciate that. I will be sending Sora and Harupia, wherever he may be, along with you as I trust that their strengths will be beneficial if the Cloud Shinobi try and to become hostile towards you. Any hostile act towards you will be considered a hostile act towards Sunagakure. I am sure I can trust that you'll be on your best behavior for this mission Akkuma, as the peace between Sunagakure and Kumogakure is dependent on you and your team." That along with going to Kumogakure... the irony wasn't lost on the Ancient.

Of what Sora could parse though, was the fact that with all of the people assembled, some, new acquaintances, and others, old legends, it seemed like Shin was sending out his best out into the world while leaving few in the way of seasoned guards for himself. Sora could assume that Shin was no slouch, but it didn't take leaning on Suigetsu's knowledge to know that a new Kage was a vulnerable target. Raising a hand to speak up, Sora spoke his mind. "I do appreciate the trust that you have in me to carry out the mission with the team, but I do have to ask... who will be here to protect you?" Looking around at those assembled, it did seem to line up that everyone was assigned in some way. "We still haven't found Lord Raizo and on the world stage, we're in a very vulnerable situation whether we want to look at it that way or not. What I'm trying to say is, I trust that you're capable of protecting yourself, but my biggest concern right now is that you're going to stretch yourself thin in the area where we can afford it the least, namely, the homefront." Hopefully Shin wouldn't take Sora's concern as fear of the unknown of traveling abroad, but Sora was ready to protect his stance whether he looked like a sore loser from the Games or not.

Tanatsu Neko

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
B
Neko smiled and went to speak to her sister when Shin began to explain their purpose. She fell silent and her face grew flat and emotionless, she was clearly assessing the entire situation before she spoke. "With all due respect Lord Kazekage, Sora has a point. The fact that you'd be sending almost all of your main heavy forces out into the other villages as diplomats will not only leave the village open, but you as well. As not only your Sennin, but also your friend I have to suggest staggering these missions, or at minimum securing a stand in for those of us leaving before we are sent. I won't disobey a direct order, but I cannot simply let this be without saying my piece first sensei."

The worry was clear on her face now, not for her own safety as Shin was right there were few more capable than those assigned to these missions, but if they were truly going to all at once leave the nation on these missions then it would likely leave Suna in a place that was far more vulnerable than it had been in some time. Moreover, it would leave one of her only remaining friends in a place of danger without his Sennin or elite shinobi. "So if this is truly your will, I would request that security is established before I am to leave at the minimum. Please.." The words were softer than they normally would carry, as she was feeling as if this was a fair request for a friend.

[mft 259]

Chikamatsu Shin

12th Kazekage
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
“Do we have any leads of information on whether either village has any mist refugees? I can imagine some of them would have gone to lengths to make themselves hidden. Or perhaps they would be integrated with the Leaf of Cloud community enough it may take a bit to convince them to come visit Suna…Ekh, If I may help myself”

"But of course, I hope you find the refreshments to your liking, I am planning on keeping this office stocked with the finest delicacies so that any who enter may enjoy their stay." He chuckled slightly. "As for leads I do not have any information, but perhaps our friend, Akkuma, could give some advice to locate his kin with relative ease. Regardless, send out feelers and see who we can find."

He turne his gaze first to Sora then to Neko.

"I do appreciate the trust that you have in me to carry out the mission with the team, but I do have to ask... who will be here to protect you? We still haven't found Lord Raizo and on the world stage, we're in a very vulnerable situation whether we want to look at it that way or not. What I'm trying to say is, I trust that you're capable of protecting yourself, but my biggest concern right now is that you're going to stretch yourself thin in the area where we can afford it the least, namely, the homefront."

"With all due respect Lord Kazekage, Sora has a point. The fact that you'd be sending almost all of your main heavy forces out into the other villages as diplomats will not only leave the village open, but you as well. As not only your Sennin, but also your friend I have to suggest staggering these missions, or at minimum securing a stand in for those of us leaving before we are sent. I won't disobey a direct order, but I cannot simply let this be without saying my piece first sensei. So if this is truly your will, I would request that security is established before I am to leave at the minimum. Please.."

A soft grin took to his face.

"While we appreciate the concern, we really do. We will not show weakness at this time. We have a strong shinobi force that will still be her at home, and keep in mind. Shin is not alone."

His eys shifted and changed colors like a Kaleidescope throughout the full spectrum of color. It was the first time in this meeting that the Kazekage would speak as the Overseer of the Chikamatsu Clan. As his spoke a woman would appear standing beside him. To a few, they would instantly recognize her as his twin sister Kohana, but to the others she would simply be a woman who looked similar to Shin but donning a plethora of thick red and steel armor with a large great sword resting on her back.

"While you few are great at what you do and trust me I have read your files through Shin's eyes, you would be disrespecting not only me, but all of Sunagakure, which I would advise you against doing. Do not think that this village cannot survive without some Jounin and a Chuunin, if we can survive the onslaught of Ancients and Sandworms for millennia we can survive a few weeks as you all do what you're fucking told."

Kohana's eyes narrowed as she looked through the assembled teams.

"Kohana, no need for hostilities, their concern is warranted. With the previous Kazekage as well as other higher ranked shinobi simply vanishing in these past few weeks it would be natural to show concern for the state of our nation, but as Kohana said, I do feel safe and confident here as you all take a quick trip. With the newly appointed Anbu Captain, and the unofficial Medical Chief both assuming roles in their respective branches and leading their squads, I can maintain the Main Branch forces while our three Jounin Captains are on this mission. I will keep in contact with you all through messenger birds and I expect you all to do the same.

Are there any other concerns?"

He would wait to see if there were any other issues to be addressed.

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
"Kohana, no need for hostilities, their concern is warranted. With the previous Kazekage as well as other higher ranked shinobi simply vanishing in these past few weeks it would be natural to show concern for the state of our nation, but as Kohana said, I do feel safe and confident here as you all take a quick trip. With the newly appointed Anbu Captain, and the unofficial Medical Chief both assuming roles in their respective branches and leading their squads, I can maintain the Main Branch forces while our three Jounin Captains are on this mission. I will keep in contact with you all through messenger birds and I expect you all to do the same.

Are there any other concerns?"
Kohana... Whereas Sora might have been somewhat intimidated by her, Suigetsu's proverbial hackles definitely began to rise. Fortunately for the Ancient, Shin was reasonable in his ability to understand the concern that was being shown towards him. Fortunately for Sora, one of Shin's new Sennin agreed with him and this garnered a nod from the young man. Shaking his head, Sora clapped his hands. "Thanks for understanding our concern! I guess that I'll get my affairs in order. I'll be sure to check out whatever dossier that we have on the Raikage and her immediate circle. That and I'll take a few snacks for the road." With few other words needed, he walked over and grabbed a cookie, quickly munching on it as he waited for Akkuma and Harupia to be ready to leave. For all of the information that he'd need to know about the Raikage, he'd also need to know just as much about his own teammates.

Toraono Kuro

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Kuro simply grinned as he had sealed many of the sandwyrms himself along with Akkuma long ago. Sunagakure would never be truly helpless. It was only when monsters like himself left to take care of what could be considered antiques that the younger generations could rise to power. Why would youngsters feel the need to grow stronger if an immortal devil was guarding them for eternity. It would stunt their growth and make everyone lazy. For Kuro this kind of trip was only a light expression of reaching out to let others know they should remember you. This wasn't an act to spread fear, it was only a reminder that everyone has their own forms of deterrents against troubles and tribulations.
"Don't worry everyone, Sunagakure will always have a guardian present within it."

Miroku Akkuma

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
☆☆☆☆☆
The Sages eyes would scan the provided refreshments as Shin welcomed him & told him to partake of the provided refreshments. Instead he would reach into his chest pocket, withdrawing a flask & unscrewing the lid. Taking a swig as Harupia arrived apologizing for his timely arrival. Shin began to explain why they were all there, well after a little explanation as to his efforts to establish what might be a less traditional atmosphere of reception. The knowledge that the newly anointed Kazekage had decided to give them all S-Rank missions was exciting. The prospect of death was always one that added an extra thrill to the experience of life. However when he heard Shin's words about his countrymen he smiled, so Sunagakure sought to fill it's ranks with former Kirigakurian refugees? By now many would have made lives for themselves within the villages, as his own people had done here within Sunagakure.

But he had run into the odd Kirigakurian shinobi in his travels that had yet to swear fealty to another. Perhaps they still roamed the countries picking up contracts & bounties where they could for survival. However there were some things that the Sage had thoughts on. They would be split into two teams on this search for Kirigakurian shinobi. Although while on this endeavor they where being sent to gauge the current sentiment of the villages towards Sunagakure. When he learned he would be sent to Kumogakure as their envoy. Well to say that the smile upon his face was one full of devilish delight, that would be an understatement. While most individuals might be concerned about being sent into the depths of a village that had sent an Anbu to assassinate them. To Akkuma it was a truly exhilarating prospect, what made it even better. Well Shin expected them to treat him as they would any other honored Sunan, to not do so would be a sleight upon him & the village.

Those crimson eyes of his flashed as Shin responded to Harupia's suggestion. "Naturally Lord Kazekage, if you order it I shall behave as is expected of me." This statement served two purposes, to let him know that he would act as Shin required. But he would also do as Shin expected should any act of hostilities be launched against them. Sora & Harupia, they would be his escorts. Although he considered them his charges just as much, should anyone attempt to harm them during their mission. Well he could always do with a snack on the road. Harupia asked if they had any information on the location of Mist-nin, noting the possibility they would have gone through some efforts to hide signs of where they are. "Unfortunately when it comes to individual Mist shinobi that have yet to pledge allegiance, they were nomadic mercenaries last I recall. Although the last I met was in the Land of Fire. While I don't know if any reside in Kumogakure, I know some of my kin chose to stay behind in Kumogakure many years ago, whether or not they still reside there or would be willing to part those lands I know not." he said with a calm matter of fact manner, he could have given them names of Mist shinobi he had encountered over the years.

That was something he deemed unnecessary though, given that unless the Mist shinobi wished to be found he doubted they would find them. While his comrades began to voice concerns that Shin was leaving himself vulnerable, a small chuckle would escape the Sages lips. After all he may have agreed with them if he didn't already know that there were capable individuals within & outside this wall who would protect Sunagakure in their absence. He took another swig of his flask before screwing the lid back on & listening to the exchanges made by those present. So Neko, Sumire & Kuro would be tasked with dealing with Konohagakure along with any Kirigakurians residing there. While Sora, Harupia & himself would be doing the same in Kumogakure.

Everyone's concerns had been voiced & acknowledged. He knew Kuro was right, that Sunagakure always had a guardian present. Now that they had been addressed there was something that the teams should be made aware of before they were sent to the other villages. "Shin would you mind if I address the teams before they depart? As your Sennin of International Affairs I believe this information is pertinent to their tasks." Each word was spoken in a honeyed tone & no doubt Shin knew what he wished to inform them about. Akkuma didn't know whether or not it was for his benefit that he had chosen not to divulge the information already. Perhaps in some idealistic hope of not further painting the demon a particular way. But it would leave the envoys at a disadvantage if they weren't aware of why they might be facing tensions upon their arrival at the villages.

Akkuma also hoped they would have some information on the Raikage for what he did have was limited. Although he doubted it would be difficult to get some information about the Eleventh Raikage during their journey through Lighting Country should what they have be insufficient. He wondered how the others would react to the news if Shin were to allow him to inform them of what had happened during Raizo's reign. Would it cast suspicion upon him for Raizo's disappearance or the other villages as a retaliation? It was concern that drove these thoughts, more curiosity. After all he no doubt thought he could overcome any suspicion or blame his peers placed upon him.

MFT

Chikamatsu Shin

12th Kazekage
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
"Shin would you mind if I address the teams before they depart? As your Sennin of International Affairs I believe this information is pertinent to their tasks."

Shin would smile softly and nod his head at the once assassin and blight in Sunagakure's history, now turned Sennin.

"Of course, it is one of the reasons I called everyone together for this mission instead of just sending out the assignment via my U.P.S.*"

*Uma Postal Service. Shin has a collection of Sandrunners he can summon known as the Uma in which he uses to deliver important messages.

"Now, I do want to make sure this is clear. The primary objective is the conversation with the foreign Kages and for your team to deam whether or not they are a friendly, neutral, hostile, or enemy state. Finding members of Kirigakure is icing on the cake. I do not wish to pull them into our ranks, making them Sunan Shinobi, but rather give the Shinobi of Kirigakure a place to maintain their work without fear of persecution from the state."

He would gesture his hand towards Akkuma to let him know that the floor was his after his little note.

Kureji

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Sumire was more or less quiet taking it all in as each person spoke. While she may be very strong, she is also a jounin enough to think things through. It would seem that she herself would go with her younger sister and Kuro to Fire Country and talk with the Hokage of Leaf. Along with that... She has heard of the Cloud ANBU Silent that has participated in the Sennin Games, and quite strangly enough, was open about being a foreign anbu agent, but it does seem that Shin doesn't like this Silent.

"Right!" She would clasp her hands together. "Is there anything else we need to know before we all go our separate ways Kazekage-sama?"

Sunaku Harupia

Yen
ASP
Deaths
“Ah yes, thank you” Harupia said with a relieved smile, picking up the chilled coffee of the table. As he took the breather and refreshed his throat other spoke up, rising the concerns of sending many of the stronger Shinobi of the village away on this mission. Which was a fair concern, especially with the recent shaky events. Though he supposed they would need to take into account his family. And it seemed said family was all to eager to remind everyone about it, at least one of them.

He did remember seeing both twins when they were younger. He didn’t remember Kohana being as…fiery as she was here. Most seemed to let her scathing remarks blow past their ears. Harupia after taking the drink of his coffee turned towards Kohana and said “I can imagine the tension is running high, but showing concern for someone is one of the farthest things from disrespect I can imagine… For my part I can assure you we will do our best to do our task. And I’m sure you will as well”. Perhaps it was poking the bear a bit addressing her directly, but being cursed at before a potential life threatening mission just urged him to respond somehow.

After Shin and Akkuma spoke he added “Right, we know our priorities here. I’m ready to go as soon as you share your insight, Senin-san” before taking another drink. The ice coffee was really good.

Miroku Akkuma

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
☆☆☆☆☆
Those crimson eyes hovered over Shin with a delighted smile when he was given permission to debrief the group. His gaze sliding to Sumire although before he could address her a voice would cut through the air addressing Kohana directly. A look of pure delight would be upon the Sages face, for he knew all too well how...passionate she could get. However Harupia was not wrong for addressing her in such a manner, after all she was Kazekage. By all accounts he was not wrong if anything it showed how much value they had & concern for his wellbeing. Akkuma decided it best to move on before things got out of hand & he knew just how to grab everyone's attention.

"I attacked Konohagakure & Kumogakure." he said the words concisely & with a clear authority that would demand the attention of even Kohana. "Back when I was banished from Sunagakure by Raizo we had a disagreement on some matters..." he paused scanning the room, perhaps for some it had been news he was banished from Sunagakure at any point. After all he had been a Sennin Game's candidate, he'd been at the Shinobi General Assembly. There had been few Events or periods of time he hadn't been present during the Kazekage's reign. Even those could be chalked of to his own scheming projects. "..Lady Asuka, back when she was acting Hokage. Authorized one Gekido Nobu to act as her proxy, he was a Missing-nin & betrothed to her." when he finished his gaze slid to Shin with an almost apologetic look upon his face. Then again if he hadn't done these things, he wouldn't have had that brief happiness.

"Nobu intended to establish an information network within Wind Country, through a business while maintaining labs. He wished for me to be his proxy, I intended to bring him before Raizo as evidence my methods worked." A look of disappointment passed over his face momentarily as he continued on. He left out he had made a contract with the man to get him here which had made the whole process significantly more difficult when it came to his Myakashi friends. "Unfortunately our tensions had soured enough that Raizo desired nothing of me or my acquaintances & I was unable to get him before the Kazekage." with each word his gaze moved over the group before him. "He did however get in the village, whether or established any true footholds I know not." he let this knowledge hang in the air. A Missing-Nin authorized to act as proxy to a Kage in foreign lands? It was truly a dangerous prospect to allow unopposed.

"Nobu returned to Konohagakure, during this time I was banished by Raizo." Was that a smirk on his face? "...Konoha had showed they cared little for the treaties. It was just for show...I began to wonder if Sunagakure's allies were really allies." he let the statement hang in the air. "My gift to Raizo & Sunagakure would be to determine it's true allies." with those words, he walked over to a nearby window. Withdrawing from his one of his pockets a small metal container, container some rolled cigarettes with a herbal mixture. He took one out holding it in his mouth as he closed the case, placing it back in his pocket.

"I decided to test the other villages, while dealing with the threat I knew existed." he let the words hang in the air as he took the unlit cigarette out of his mouth, holding it in his fingers for now. "I used enough basic terms to draw people to suspicion towards the Ancients within Sunagakure." he paused a moment the devilish grin upon his face. It was less public knowledge that he had his own run ins with Ancient beings that had once ruled the land of men. "Konohagakure was the first to go through this test. One agent was sent in, numerous shinobi fell." with these words he waved a hand & the air rippled before him revealing a portal to another pocket realm of his own design. Reaching in he would retrieve a wooden box, it was encased in elaborate seals & engraved with crystalline runes that hummed with chakra.

"Inside this box lies the heart of Konoha's Sennin, Lady Soku." Perhaps of all the things he had said to them so far, this was the most shocking. That crimson gaze of his would scan the group before him, yes this was the man Shin had made his Sennin of International Affairs. "They were left with a message & a warning. One that they did not pass on to Kumogakure nor did they reach out to Sunagakure. Instead they closed ranks, why? Because they knew this was the cost of their treacherous scheming." he made no effort to mask the joy he'd felt seeing Konohagakure arrive penitently at Suna's doorstep. After his 'making of the peace' so to speak with Asuka, he had been looking forward to seeing Suna benefit from his efforts. But the Fates were as cruel as they were fickle, a lesson he knew well but often forgot.

"Kumogakure was tested as well...although I wanted to send a more intimate message. Since I had less certainty about their treachery, yet I have seen enough in the past to know they aren't allies so much as acquaintances. It was delivered personally to the Raikage..." had he just said that an Agent he had sent on an attack into the village had gotten to the Raikage? No doubt by now the rest of their party had some serious thoughts & questions on the matters at hand but he was not finished. 'Should I tell them about Miro? She has yet to hold up to her end of the deal after all...perhaps for now I'll abstain on the finer details.' he thought to himself as he let the minds & emotions of his peers process what was being said. "Fast forward, Lady Asuka has been sent to Sunagakure to make amends. She meets our lovely Sennin/Kazekage to be." he says with a chuckle. "Meanwhile two delegates were sent from Kumogakure after they had cut ties with us. One the Anbu Silent, sent to investigate & assassinate me. She remained, while the other Anbu returned to Kumogakure." for now he would protect her secret.

"I later learned through a contact from Kumogakure." Silent's commander at the time. "That some Kumogakurian higher ups felt like Konohagakure's inaction & failure to be directly responsible for what had befallen them. After all if they had followed the protocols in the treaties Kumo shinobi would not have paid the price." There it was that unmistakable ember of delight that burned within those crimson orbs. "Given my success against them I was offered support for further attacks against Konohagakure. I accepted." he let the outrageous accusations hang in the air. Then again if there were anyone in the country you would make such a deal with. It certainly would be the Sin Eating Demon of Sunagakure. There had been whispers of his growing strength & influence over the years. Few had truly believed them, just whispers of rabble from booze houses & dice dens. Yet if his words were to be believed during the course of his actions he had gone from being banished from Sunagkure by it's Kazekage. To that Kazekage being M.I.A with him now serving the new Kazekage as Sennin.

Perhaps they now felt suspicion towards him? Even Asuka would have had her reasons to want him gone & yet they had supposedly made peace. He was known to be unnaturally charismatic, but to the point where someone could overlook having their whole life overturned? Having to serve by his side? What was to stop them from thinking she had tried to deal with her grudge & he had made her disappear. Or perhaps he had gotten rid of her? So there could be no argument with his side of the story? Who was really in charge here? The Kazekage or the criminal who now sat in one of the most powerful positions in the village? "I understand there may be some questions, thoughts or emotions to ask & express. So who would like to go first?" he needed them to know what had happened, because Konohagakure would be expecting Asuka. When she didn't arrive there would no doubt be some suspicion & explaining to do. Unfortunately they had little answers to provide. In regard to Kumogakure, well he needed his team to know why they would get the reception
hey would face.

No doubt they had many questions for not just him but the Kazekage. Perhaps even Shin would have some questions for him, Akkuma would be happy to answer them all. He raised that smoke to his lips as chakra built at it's tip, raising it to igniting temperature. Suddenly the tip erupted in flame before disappearing in a puff of smoke. He took in a deep satisfied lungful of the smoke mixture before leaning to sit on the window ledge & hold the attendees in his gaze. All warfare is deception.

MFT

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
There were data dumps and then there were expositional dumps. Sora tried his best to keep up with it all but Suigetsu was fortunately very easily able to parse the information. "I would surely like to have a drink with this man..." Suigetsu chimed in mentally to Sora. "It's been a long time since somebody brought up the Ancients and I fear that the recent name dropping of our kind is a sign that we ought to start preparing some contingencies." His eyebrows raising, Sora silently responded to his other half. "Oh? Have something in mind?" "As a matter of fact I do, but that will be a subject for another time. Stay present in the moment." And with his warning, Suigetsu escaped to the far corner of their shared mind. "I understand there may be some questions, thoughts or emotions to ask & express. So who would like to go first?" Raising his hand slightly and stepping forward a bit to speak up, Sora spoke.

"Honestly, I'm sure that we all have a past of some sort, that or things that we'd rather keep private for the sake of our dignity, but I truly only need to know that despite all of that stuff in the past, will you be willing to reasonably let old grievances or small infractions go?" Looking around from Akkuma to the rest of the room, he continued on. "We're all about to embark on the sort of journeys that typically very easily go bad. The Oracle's Library is full of such missions that went awry. Our intended audience might not want to see us when they find out who you are and who you're now representing. This will likely lead to an exchange of words or at the least, a flurry of thrown kunai in our direction. One wrong move and we'll ignite a powder keg and it's my aim that we don't start the Twelfth's reign off with a literal bang. So again, will you be willing to walk away when the name-calling starts? If you can't, then I'd like to know now to prepare for the inevitable." Plain, matter of fact and spoken from his heart. Sora had always known that this was a dangerous life, but some things couldn't and shouldn't be avoided.

OOC: Blue and purple text in italics and not bolded is a mental conversation between Sora and Suigetsu so it wouldn't be audibly heard by anyone.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back