Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

A Discussion [ANBU & Kagari] with a Flesh Peddler [Mission]

Raizo

11th Kazekage
Yen
ASP
Deaths
Re: A Discussion [ANBU & Kagari] with a Flesh Peddler [Missi

Episode 7: 'Almost There'| ANBU Sennin Arc said:
[col]He continued to observe as Kagari took the rules he gave them and crafted a game of his own.

Good model, kid might have some promise.

While the concept was good, the results would be the solidifier to whether or not it was a success. Tenken, however, would not rush this process, not yet at least. He had his own game, a long play if you will, that needed just a bit more time to build before the show would begin. In this moments leading to that final showcase, he wanted to see how Kagari's approach would play out. This mission was not his to overtake, although it was nice to get to work with his newest alter ego. Kagari had caught this worm, and it was clear the village wanted to see him reap the rewards out of it. Tenken did not see any reason to rob him of that. Besides, most of this meeting would be heavily redacted or erased for non-ANBU personnel, while still commending Kagari's work if he earned it.

"Have you finished logging all the names? Please include Soon's Haven Harbor as a location... captains being the supply my taut ass. Prepare an individual folder for each name. Also, please have them begin prepping the 'present'. I want to make sure everything is ready to go within the next ten minutes."

"Yes, sir."

They were almost there...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
OOC:

|
[legend="[glow=blue][b][size=5]Tenken[/size][/b][/glow]"]
7b90cce1f4be907312a0ace5db50709f2124b377_hq_zpsuiwnrfai.gif

Rank ANBU Sennin
Epithet: Heavenly Punishment
Height: 6'2"
Build: Lean and Muscular
Blood Type: O Negative
ANBU Data
Stamina: 50,400
Chakra: 31,200
Power Level: 3600 [CL: 15]
Stamina: 600 / 600
Agility: 600 / 600
Ninjutsu: 600 / 600
Taijutsu: 600 / 600
Genjutsu: 600 / 600
Chakra Control: 600 / 600
Fight Data
WiPActionsWiPWeapon EquippedWiPMood MusicWiPMISC X
[/legend]​
[/col]

Yen
ASP
Deaths

"What do you want?" Saburou asked in a hushed tone. Kagari had him; Saburou was willing to cooperate; to a certain extent. Kagari smiled behind the mask; the game was afoot. The problem was now asking the right questions. The first question was basic; Kagari needed to make sure if there was a supplier for Saburou's businesses, or if he was the sole source. Saburou was the connection; he admitted he was the one who was able to find women for his customers. The girls were strays, humans that society ignores out of apathy. What interested Kagari was that Saburou got some of his girls from a place called "Soon's Haven." Kagari wrote that down in his notebook, 'A port town. That seems logical; I want to ask how he gets them via the city unnoticed...' In the back of Kagari's mind, he wondered if Tenken had all the dirty little secrets of Soon's Haven. The skull-man seemed like the type of person who was already acting once he heard the name of the location. 'He did answer my question. I guess I should reward him with a little bit of water.' Kagari reached down for the thermos and took the small cup and filled it with some water. It was enough to sate Saburou for now. Hopefully, his thirst will keep him responsive to Kagari's inquiries. He took the cup and helped Saburou drink.

"Swallow," Kagari spoke, as he slowly poured the water into Saburou's mouth. Once Saburou was done drinking, he put the thermos back down on the ground and sat back down on the chair. Kagari waited for a couple of seconds for Saburou to enjoy the taste of the water, for his state it must feel like ecstasy. liquid gold. "Okay, so you get some of your girls via these sailors that take these girls from villages along the sea. Money is exchanged, and the girls are now yours. I want to know how you get them into the city unnoticed. Was it men like Councilman Yakashima that paid off the gate guards to ignore your shipments? Or was it someone else? The red lights maybe a black market, but it's managed by various merchants, organizations, and lords. Someone keeps an eye on the books, or else your system wouldn't be as efficient."

Kagari would wait for Saburou to respond, then continue with another question. "Besides whoring out girls, do you sell humans? Like adults or children for labor? Or know someone in Suna who is?"

Actions:
1. Kagari gave Saburou some water, a reward for answering his first question.
2. Kagari asked about how Saburou gets the girls into Sunagakure.
3. Kagari asked if Saburou does human slavery, besides prostitution.

Notes:
1. 419 WC
2. MFT

Sand Council

Sand Event NPC
Yen
ASP
Deaths

DXd8lDS.jpg

Haku Saburou
Flesh-Peddler, all-round dirt bag

He waited for the red light to come back on. He waited with dispassion for some sort of violent reprisal, like a dead man. Instead a cup of water was brought to his lips and poured in. His jaw was broken and could not make a proper seal so ran down the side of his face, well some of it did. Some ran to the back of his dry mouth and down his parched throat. This gullet was raw from screaming and the water (assuming it was water) felt cool in comparison, to a body so innervated to pain the respite actually felt painful.

"Swallow," Shujinko ordered.

The remains poured in, Saborou coughed as some ran down the wrong pipe, rattling his body. He took a few breaths following, the pain left him seeing stars.

"Okay, so you get some of your girls via these sailors that take these girls from villages along the sea. Money is exchanged, and the girls are now yours. I want to know how you get them into the city unnoticed. Was it men like Councilman Yakashima that paid off the gate guards to ignore your shipments? Or was it someone else? The red lights maybe a black market, but it's managed by various merchants, organizations, and lords. Someone keeps an eye on the books, or else your system wouldn't be as efficient."

"Why would they care? Why would anyone care? They are forgotten," he replied. It was a terrible truth about human nature, people could rarely see past themselves and their needs. He was always on the other end of the deal, that is until today. A few hours ago he was in bed with four women and a handsome young man, the air smelled of perfume, sweat and sex and he felt only silk and flesh against his own. Now, he could still smell the sweat but also the vomit, piss and the stale scent of blood. A metal chair, warmed to his own temperature held his bare form in place with slick leathers. He did not wonder because he already knew he was going to die here, his only hope was that he would have a swift end. But that was Kübler-Ross for you, this moment of acceptance of ones ultimate fate at the end of a turbulent road. "I guess some cared, but not enough. I never paid anyone to look the other way 'officially' but rather gave them sizable endowments, but their compliance was inferred," he admitted after a moment of thought. In fact, it was he knew exactly what the money was for but it was easier to think about it another way. It was easier to think of it as a gratuity for he and the recipient. "Soons Haven is so poor, it is every man for themselves out there," he explained. The outskirts of the city held the lowest economic gradient and it was from the docks with the middle class and the poor that they would move through the fringe of the village for the most part undetected and unnoticed. "People are cheap when they are not you."

It was a slightly different matter in Sunagakure of course. There was reliable work for those who had some mastery over their chakra and none for men such as themselves. There were vocations such as baker and banker but even in these cases, a candidate that was a shinobi was always the superior choice. In Sunagakure he was the little, worthless man. In Sunagakure they were so well off that they could worry about the fate of others, something even Maslow failed to consider - that point where needs stop being internal for some and become external. It was 'wrong' to pay for sex. It was 'wrong' to manage someone that would have sex for money. It was wrong to have a carnal passion. These priggish standards were not truly held by all or even most for that matter, but publicly they were held by most. "Caravans would bring the girls from Soons to Sunagakure, some of the drivers were sympathetic to them but most did not care or were among the first to take advantage of them," he knew full well what went on during those drives but as long as his merchandise was unmarred physically he did not particularly care. "The girl's advocates were often left beaten and bleeding in the desert, some killed." He tried to swallow but was finding it difficult to once more.

"It was never difficult to enter the village, we did so through the front door of the Toraono Dojo. The girls too tired or scared to call out and those that were found themselves drugged. Our wares never searched," Saboru admitted. The Toraono Clan was notorious for their trusting nature, something that had damaged the community greatly once and allowed this tragedy to continue. Well, to be fair, even if the Toraono intervened, they would find another way in. A greased palm, a free girl. "I never made any effort to hide my trade, the girls have it good. Meals and beds... well shared beds but beds all the same. Even those reluctant in transit often fell in line within a few weeks," he admitted although he made it sound kinder than it actually was. Like horses, people can be broken. "I donate regularly to most of the Council, most of the main branch clan leaders and many of them have even kept a favorite girl. Not all of them, but enough. I am the man nobody talks about and everybody despises because I cater to sin but nobody stops me because I provide a service nobody else is willing to. If a Councilman or Clan Leader did step out of line against me, I shudder to learn of their fate." It was not a threat, in fact it was a statement of reality. He did not even need to order the hit, it was self contained and run at this point. He was just a figurehead and middleman for this sex service.

The truth, well a somewhat sugar-coated version of it but the truth all the same.

"Besides whoring out girls, do you sell humans? Like adults or children for labor? Or know someone in Suna who is?"

Kagari asked. Saboru's eyed widened but he did not utter a response and rather averted his gaze. No," he lied. He swallowed hard and started to shake. "Not in Sunagakure," he self-corrected his lie. His face scrunched up and made a terrible expression, "I cannot say." His make-up streaked and broken face had turned red like a toddler about to cry as he shuddered within his restraints. "--I will take the red light." There were few things a man feared more than death, one being a more painful death and another being the life and safety of their loved ones, but what would make a man chose death in the absence of people to care about when faced with a painful end. Not dying, that's what. "At least then I would stay dead," he added uneasily in a wavering voice.

Raizo

11th Kazekage
Yen
ASP
Deaths

Episode 8: '5 Mins to Midnight'| ANBU Sennin Arc said:
[col]Kagari's questioning and tactics seemed to work at getting Saburou talking more, which was a positive. Then Kagari asked a very specific question and Saburou immediately tightened up. His change, his original lack of Mako's name and Tenken's own insider information gave him insight as to what it could be that would cause him to want the Sennin to return.

So, he would rather me kill them then getting caught up in whatever could happen from those monsters in Sora... that is insulting.

Then he mentioned the comment on staying dead if he were to be eliminated here in this moment.

I see, could it be similar to what Fuu had mentioned... well I suppose it is almost time.

Down the hallway there were several sets of footsteps and the sound of wheels rolling across the floors. Calmly approaching, three figures would start to appear pushing two rolling tables that contain several boxes that seemed to have been a in cold location as they were emitting a mist from condensation.

"Is everything ready?"

"Oui, Commandant!"

tumblr_nd6yqgqRVF1sfeoupo1_500.gif
The tallest of the three would exclaim and he would bow to the Sennin. The other two were shorter, one much more petite as if a female and the other more rotund and very clearly a man.

"Already back in this place... thought you were gonna give me a new experience?"

tumblr_nsncyz7fWj1tz1ui0o1_1280.jpg
The round man asked as if disappointed, yet had a very blood thirsty grin upon his face that seemed to betray his words.

"All of us...really..."

http://49.media.tumblr.com/f24942fc15a3457aa8a38453b05e0361/tumblr_nadobi5cR91smmq2po1_500.gif
The words would make it sound like the figure was disappointed but her tone was almost hollow and uncaring.

"Yes. Don't worry, you all will enjoy the moment."

The Sennin would say in hopes of calming his newly formed team. His gaze would turn back to the window, it was just about time to bring this all to a conclusion.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
OOC:

|

Rank ANBU Sennin
ANBU Data
Fight Data
[/legend]​
[/col]
[/quote]

Yen
ASP
Deaths

The way the girls got inside Sunagakure was way more straight forward than Kagari thought. The merchant caravans that pass through the gates of the Torano Dojo carry the girls from Soon's Haven. It was so simple that Kagari felt slightly disappointed that there wasn't a secret tunnel system or hidden doors in Suna that were used by these black market traders. Still, as he listened, Kagari couldn't help but feel pity for the girls who were taken from their homes. "Why would they care? Why would anyone care? They are forgotten," Those words were the cold hard truth, many are apathetic towards the issues that don't concern them. It's why Grand Palais is in the state it is currently, no one cares about a few thousand poor souls.

"I donate regularly to most of the Council, most of the main branch clan leaders and many of them have even kept a favorite girl. Not all of them, but enough. I am the man nobody talks about and everybody despises because I cater to sin but nobody stops me because I provide a service nobody else is willing to. If a Councilman or Clan Leader did step out of line against me, I shudder to learn of their fate." Councilman Yakashima was probably next on the list of "prominent" men to disappear. Well, he probably did at this point, he was running both from the shinobi and retaliation from Saburou's faction. Sooner or later one was going to catch him, hopefully, the Shinobi. Kagari continued to write down summarized versions of Saburou's dialogue; these were things to follow up on in the future; whether it was a mission or not.

Kagari asked his second question, whether Saburou was involved in human slavery. He quickly answered, "No." He looked visibly uneasy, he had probably just told a lie out of instinct. But the fear and pain Tenken drilled into his mind outweighed protecting his interests and business. "Not in Sunagakure," He relented. Kagari anticipated that he would continue, but Saburou's next words stunned Kagari. "I will take the red light. 'He'd rather take hours of torture with Tenken rather than tell me the truth? Is he crazy?! Kagari's face behind the mask was filled with surprise. "At least then I would stay dead," There was something on the outside that scared Saburou more than Tenken, something far worse than ANBU, the Kazekage, and maybe even God himself.

Kagari wasn't sure where to go. Next, Tenken probably heard those last few lines. Kagari looked back at the observation room, no alarm or red light sounded. He looked down at the rewards that he was going to give Saburou; he took the capsule holding the small painkiller and placed it in his hand. Taking the thermos again and pouring some water from it into the cup, he first put the painkiller inside Saburou's mouth. "This will ease the pain a little bit." Kagari then took the cup of water and helped Saburou drink it.

Letting Saburou swallow the painkiller and enjoy the water, Kagari thought of his next few questions. "So you are involved with human slavery. Despite your "untouchable" reputation, you fear your compatriots more than the ANBU. So you aren't the leader? Tell me who is. " Kagari wasn't sure if Saburou would answer, he was unwilling to give up who this organization is. Was this group that intimidating? 'Unless they have members in the shinobi force...I need to know who this group is.' Kagari didn't have concrete evidence, but in his head, he thought it may be a possibility that the group Saburou's in may have members in every facet of Suna society. Which maybe why Saburou is unwilling to talk about the human slavery outside Suna, that they could get to him if he starts talking. Kagari would wait for Saburou's response then continue with his next question.

"You mentioned a lot of names earlier. Toraono Kuro, the Steward-Kazekage, among the list. One name stood out, though, Hisamura Mako. Who is she? Is she part of your Slavery group?"

Actions:

1. Kagari gave Saburou the painkiller and some more water.
2. Kagari asked about the human slavery group outside of Suna.
3. Kagari asked about Hisamura Mako

Notes:
1. WC: 577
2. MFT

Sand Council

Sand Event NPC
Yen
ASP
Deaths

OC: Nice dialogue weaving.

IC:
DXd8lDS.jpg

Haku Saburou

He held his breath and expected the lights to turn red. He was attempting to mentally steel himself for what would be his last moments or if Tenken made good on his threat last hours. He was not a brave man, but he was a dead one. Just nobody knew it yet, well fully grasped the dire state that was his state of health. He was naked, bound and there was this droning sense of pain that sent sudden waves of anguish through his slender body with his restless movements. The pit of his stomach, not the fractured bones or even the lingering ache of his groin seemed to compare with this swelling discomfort.

Something was eased into his partly slack mouth. Kagari would feel the grind of his fractured and displaced jaw as he eased the pill inside. If Sabouru was capable of turning his head away he would have but the leather strap still fixed his head in that place. There was a muffled sound of a protest or moan from the pimp as the capsule found its way to the space behind his lips.

"This will ease the pain a little bit."

The masked boy explained as he lifted the glass of liquid bliss to his waiting mouth. With a hunger for respite he among them would only understand he readily consumed the pill, water and all without protest, question or hesitation. It was not that he trusted the young man's words but rather the desperate need for relief that compelled him to not reason or question a moment of grace. The water, again cool and soothing to his parched and strained throat; this pill the magical ninja-kind and not of the real variety would work near instantaneously and salve the discomfort and obscure the creeping warnings of distress and tragedy.

So you are involved with human slavery. Despite your "untouchable" reputation, you fear your compatriots more than the ANBU. So you aren't the leader? Tell me who is. "

He coughed to clear his throat that felt thick and despite his mangled and contorted form he did not feel pain as it rattled the wispy man. He was the leader, he was the seller and he was the buyer. He provided a service that nobody else was willing to fulfill. What he feared was the customers, mildly those in Sunagakure but his interests were their interests and never had they come into conflict. Yet there was one buyer, rather than customer who he did fear. She wielded power in Soons Haven but her reach was limited to there. He was more concerned over her stakeholders, those who took stock in her success and those who in the bought those unfortunate children. He did not actually know what happened to them at the Soverign only that they always needed more. He met a curious friend of the Merchant Lady, oddly dressed with a ghastly complexion, piercings and strange tattooed markings. He saw things he could not un-remember on the day of that particular delivery. How curiosity became a perversion even to a flesh peddler. "I am the boss," he weakly insisted.

"You mentioned a lot of names earlier. Toraono Kuro, the Steward-Kazekage, among the list. One name stood out, though, Hisamura Mako. Who is she? Is she part of your Slavery group?"

His eyes widened when the masked young man said that name. "Who told you that name!" He repeated his own silent question as he started to fight against the restraints. "I never said that name!" He cried. He was in an obvious state if panic, his eyes refused to focus and he was breathing fast through his mouth. The fetter about his chest groaned with his forceful labored breaths. "I did not say that name!" He repeated before he let out a distressed cry. Nothing was happening to him, there was no magic spell or effect from his beating in play at tho time. Physically his senses were dull from the administered mediation. Perhaps that was why he was able to make such a tantrum-like display now but truth be told tho soul have been his reaction regardless. His raw wrists and ankles as well as the band across his bare breast started to bleed as he rubbed away at his own flesh.

While he did not confirm, he did not deny. His reaction to the name coupled with his expressed, almost primal fear was likely the only affirmation Shujinko and Tenken would need. While the details of her involvement seemed to result in frenzied, self-destructive behavior, exactly what did they need? "I can't... I can't... I can't..."</B><i></i> He changed pitifully, a string of spit hung from the side of his mouth. <B>"I will give you anything you want please," the grown man sobbed. "I have money, things, girls, boys... whatever you want, just not what you need.[ /i] "Did the Councilman tell you... If so, ask him!"

Raizo

11th Kazekage
Yen
ASP
Deaths
Re: A Discussion [ANBU &amp; Kagari] with a Flesh Peddler [Missi

Episode 9: 'Game Over'| ANBU Sennin Arc said:
[col]The lights would remain the same, there would be no warning like the times past, but the door would snap open while Saburou began pleading with Shunjinko in an effort to keep from speaking anymore about a specific name. From beyond the threshold of the door the metallic skull masked Sennin would enter followed closely by his party of three and the two rolling tables full of boxes.

"Shujinko, excellent work. Good ahead and begin the prep work."

The first statement would be directed at Kagari while the second would be at his group of three masked compatriots. They would nod and begin to push the table over to the stationary prisoner as Usagi, the smallest and most feminine of the group would approach Saburou

"No speaking... quiet and we won't hurt..."

The females choppy request would hopefully abided by as she really did not wish to have to gag the pitiful looking man before her.

Tenken would approach the masked Kagari and place his hand on the teen's shoulder.

"In this situation you've done all you could and you did it quite impressively. You kept him talking and were able to get pieces of information from him without him actually saying it. By reactions we can start to connect the dots, but at this point you've hit a stalling point. It is nothing against you, so allow me to give you another lesson."

The kid had talent and Tenken would not forget this experience as he continued to look at the village for further development and improvement of the newly restructuring ANBU corps. Releasing the shoulder of Kagari, he would begin to calmly make his way up to Saburou as his associates would back off to give the two some space for a more one-on-one interaction. Tenken would lower down to place himself at eye level with Saburou, who was either nervously waiting or gagged due to disobeying Usagi's request.

"Saburou, thank you."

He would let that sink in for a moment as it was the first time he had addressed the man by his name.

"You've linked a criminal element in Sunagakure to not only the merchant ports of Soon's Haven but also to one of the most elite of the Merchant Lords... Hisamura Mako."

If Saburou was not already gagged and decided to react to the uttering of the name and the linking of him to this information, the tallest figure in the room would bark out sharply;

"Ta gueule! You were told to be quiet, you dare..."

Tenken would wave him off if this situation occurred, if it did not Tenken would continue with this comment anyways;

"You seem to fear that name, fear who that name is associated with, right? Fear of the Sovereign, fear of the Daimyo, fear of their little creepy abilities to raise the dead... you see, Shujinko. This is a problem I am here to correct. This is what is wrong with the world as of right now. People are scared of the shadowy depths of the people running the country... they've lost their fear in us, the true shadows of the desert. You, Saburou. You begged for me a few minutes to turn on the red light to come in here and kill you, yes? You can respond."

If gagged, Usagi would remove it. If not, Tenken would await for whatever response Saburou wanted to get off his chest. If the bound man took this time to start rambling or begging, Tenken would cut him off.

"Such a problem, because you should fear me just as much as them. Do you remember the report? The penance of sending guards to protect your family from those little Haku-Hunters that killed you? Those guards will be me and my associates. We will be working under assumed names and things will not go well at the compound. Dangerous world, but do you know why it won't go well? Because I am going to leak to the underworld that before you died, you mentioned that you were being protected by Hisamura Mako. I will tell every piece of scum I can find until that news reaches far and wide, so when I kill your family I can openly declare it whatever I want, but within the depths of the darkness the rumors will start to swirl that it was payback for saying a name you shouldn't have."

He would wave his finger in a disapproving fashion.

"I can't raise your dead body, Saburou. I can't do those creepy evil things like those bad guys. I am a good guy, and let's get one thing clear. I never said I was going to kill you. Open the boxes."

The roundest of the three would open a box and pull out a head that had long dark hair like Saburou and shared fair features very similar, though not identical to the prisoner.

"Meet Haku Saburou... well, it is actually a different Haku, nasty little criminal that died within the depths of this prison. We kept him on ice... funny, right? Who knows why, that was prior to me taking a new position. But, it has found a purpose. I am going to do everything to this body that the report said, every last bit of it. Maniac, what all would need to be done to pass it off as the real deal?"

The man holding the head would raise the head up to get a better look at it and then turn his attention to the genuine Saburou.

"Hmmm... we could just bust this face up, report said he fought them right? He was probably running his mouth so just mash up his face. Then we would need a couple of the real deal's teeth, then bam; new Saburou."

"You see, I am not going to kill you. I am going to lock you up deep inside of this prison, protecting you from those bad guys outside, and I am going to take my time to re-educate you. I want to break your fear of those dreadful Merchants and that mean Daimyo. However long it takes, you will feel comfortable talking to me. You see, I am the new face of fear in this country. You don't need to worry about staying dead, I am going to promise you that I will keep you alive for as long as possible."

Tenken would raise back up and turn to Kagari.

"You've done a tremendous service to this village, and you've been of a greater help than you might realize. If you wish to enjoy such a riveting game again in the future, simply catch some more prey and ask for me. I have a feeling my work is just beginning for this village, and there is so much work that needs to be done to correct some misconceptions."

OOC:
1,141 MFT
|

Rank ANBU Sennin
ANBU Data
Fight Data
[/legend]​
[/col]

Yen
ASP
Deaths

"So you are involved with human slavery. Despite your "untouchable" reputation, you fear your compatriots more than the ANBU. So you aren't the leader? Tell me who is. " He coughed, still visibly weak from the mental and physical torture. The pain pill will probably suppress some of the pain from his injuries, but he'd probably need a full capsule to numb his entire body. After a few seconds of thought, he answered Kagari's question. "I am the boss." Kagari was confused at that answer. If he was the boss, why did he have such a kneejerk reaction to answering about the slavery outside of Suna? Maybe it wasn't the people that were inside his organization that he feared, but the outside. Did he fear the people who bought from him? Kagari moved on to his next question, and maybe he'd get something out of this because he had screamed it earlier in Tenken's "conversation" with him.

"You mentioned a lot of names earlier. Toraono Kuro, the Steward-Kazekage, among the list. One name stood out, though, Hisamura Mako. Who is she? Is she part of your Slavery group?" Once that last name stuck in his ears, his face changed from misery to fear. "Who told you that name!" He yelled out. It was surprising that he still had that much energy to react this wildly, it was evident he feared this person. Saburou forgot that he had blurted it out earlier. "You said it before during the red light Saburou." Kagari pointed to the man. "I never said that name!" The man was in denial, whoever this person controlled Saburou's little strings. He repeated under his breath that he never said Hisamura Mako's name. Kagari had to get Saburou back on track; he had a lead. "Come on Saburou give me something." Kagari kneeled down and placed his hand on Saburou's shoulder shaking him. "I will give you anything you want please," the grown man sobbed. "I have money, things, girls, boys... whatever you want, just not what you need." "Did the Councilman tell you... If so, ask him!" Saburou was in a different place, his mind distressed by the thought of this woman. No words were getting to Saburou; Tenken was probably about to hit the red light.

The door behind Kagari opened, although no alarm or red light blared in the small room. A few more skull-masked figures stepped into the chamber, all varying in different sizes. Kagari got up from his crouched position and faced the group. Tenken he presumed first spoke from the doorway. "Shujinko, excellent work. Good ahead and begin the prep work." He observed a smaller figure walk past him towards Saburou. "No speaking... quiet and we won't hurt..." The voice while disguised, sounded higher than Tenken's. Observing the figure more closely, it looked more feminine than the others. Kagari felt a hand on his shoulder as he faced what he presumed was Tenken. "In this situation you've done all you could and you did it quite impressively. You kept him talking and were able to get pieces of information from him without him actually saying it. By reactions we can start to connect the dots, but at this point you've hit a stalling point. It is nothing against you, so allow me to give you another lesson." He was right. Kagari nodded, he had hit a stump. Saburou refused to answer again, but not out of pride. This time, he didn't answer out of fear, and Kagari wasn't sure on how to snap someone out of their fearful paralysis. Still, the skull-man gave Kagari some praise; it sounds like his part is over.

Tenken now addressed Saburou by name and did his intimidating routine again. Saburou was going to be locked away in this prison forever until he gives the information that the ANBU needs on Hisamura Mako. He' probably never sees the light of day, however, if they're planning to fake his death. As Tenken went off on the man, Kagari's attention was drawn to the boxes on the table. "I hope those aren't his murder tools..." Kagari remarked under his breath. Tenken, on cue, said for his helpers to open the boxes. Out came a head, with long dark hair. "What...the...fuck..." As Kagari observed the head, the facial features were off. Was this the head of an actual person that they just chopped up? Did all the boxes have body parts like they were pieces to put together? Whatever it was, this thing was going to replace Saburou, and the actual one in front of him would be gone forever. He would disappear into the void like the rest of the criminals inside the Obsidian Palace.

Tenken turned back towards Kagari, again congratulating him. "You've done a tremendous service to this village, and you've been of a greater help than you might realize. If you wish to enjoy such a riveting game again in the future, simply catch some more prey and ask for me. I have a feeling my work is just beginning for this village, and there is so much work that needs to be done to correct some misconceptions." Kagari, nodded and walked into the observation room. Once he was behind the one-way window, he took off the mask and sighed to relax. Wiping the sweat that gathered on his face from the tight suction of the mask, he waited there for Tenken. He had a few questions.

Notes:
1. WC: 656
2. MFT

Sand Council

Sand Event NPC
Yen
ASP
Deaths

DXd8lDS.jpg

Haku Saburou

I am going to die...

I am going to fucking die...

Saburou's mind echoed. His body throbbed but was also to a point numb, the drugs had taken their mind-altering effect. Everything burned and ached, but the sharp moments that would cause one to scream had ceased. His mangled hands could move, not well considering the fact that they were crushed but the anguish of doing so had resolved to the point of lazy waves. But he could not... would not answer. Everyone fears pain and death, it is a natural and basic fear, but death means a release from the pain and service they have been forced into. He saw what they did and it was not over in hours, but rather months or years. He also had a family, he did not look like the kind of man that was loyal to his own clan but his heritage was a source of both shame and pride. He was a pathetic man in terms of physical might, unable to wield his bloodline limit -- he was not their best son by any means and it wracked his consciousness. Still, his successes were in their name and without them this life, as perverse as it might have been as his to live and now to lose.

He felt an overwhelming current of nausea as the door slammed open. His eyes darted in the direction of the door, the metallic mask of the ANBU Sennin grinned back at him. The lights did not turn to crimson and rather cast the same errie green glow. A table rattled in Tenken's wake, loaded with boxes it came to a stop in the room. He forced himself to swallow hard, his throat had again ran dry and felt thick. They were not going to need much of a casket were they? He was resigned to this unwanted fate, not out of bravery or even fear but because it was the better outcome which was a sad prospect for a man who had found a terminal point in his career and life. He would rather die to this brute than to live on, for a period however brief, and suffer the wrath of another monster.

"Shujinko, excellent work. Good ahead and begin the prep work."

He was exhausted, every once in awhile he would have a surge of adrenaline left in his tiny and beaten form with which he would shift and pull or even scream out but for the most part the only reason he was upright in this albeit twisted pose was because of the leathers that held him in place. His doleful, naked and marred form was misted in a cold sweat. An audience to his opprobrium. His parched lips parted slightly as he whispered "...please." He was not built to endure, the full force of Tenken's blow was enough to kill and his body was riddled with his wrath or his perhaps his recreation. He was dying although thus far the two, now five had failed to notice.

"No speaking... quiet and we won't hurt..."

He could not nod an affirmation, he grunted instead a sorry sound.

"In this situation you've done all you could and you did it quite impressively. You kept him talking and were able to get pieces of information from him without him actually saying it. By reactions we can start to connect the dots, but at this point you've hit a stalling point. It is nothing against you, so allow me to give you another lesson."

He took a breath, perhaps his last as Tenken approached. The behemoth, at least in Saburou's mind lowered himself to eye-level.

"Saburou, thank you."

Didn't he mean prisoner? He did not answer, nor did he bother to try to correct him. He did not want to suffer another round of abuse before he was taken apart. It was still a humiliating way to die, he knew he was going to scream and cry and beg. He had nothing to call his own, nobody to comfort his final moment and what little he possessed with shredded and soaked in vomit and piss on the floor.

"You've linked a criminal element in Sunagakure to not only the merchant ports of Soon's Haven but also to one of the most elite of the Merchant Lords... Hisamura Mako."

The leathers groaned. "No," he muttered or rather cried. There were no tears left to shed, rather his eyes simply burned as he tried to avert his gaze. "No."

"Ta gueule! You were told to be quiet, you dare..."

One of the other masked men in the room rebuked him. Saburou simply stared ahead.

"You seem to fear that name, fear who that name is associated with, right? Fear of the Sovereign, fear of the Daimyo, fear of their little creepy abilities to raise the dead... you see, Shujinko. This is a problem I am here to correct. This is what is wrong with the world as of right now. People are scared of the shadowy depths of the people running the country... they've lost their fear in us, the true shadows of the desert. You, Saburou. You begged for me a few minutes to turn on the red light to come in here and kill you, yes? You can respond."

He took a breath. "I am plenty scared of both," he admitted. "But I am already almost dead, even if I survived you have ruined me. I cannot see my hands, but they are broken. I will never be able to hold a pen again with these sacks of meat. I can feel my jaw grate, it is broken and I do not know what kind of monster you have already turned me into. But you gave me a time, I know it will end soon. Not soon enough and that it will be terrible, but it will end." He almost sounded brave, but rather he was being an honest man with nothing to lose.

"Such a problem, because you should fear me just as much as them. Do you remember the report? The penance of sending guards to protect your family from those little Haku-Hunters that killed you? Those guards will be me and my associates. We will be working under assumed names and things will not go well at the compound. Dangerous world, but do you know why it won't go well? Because I am going to leak to the underworld that before you died, you mentioned that you were being protected by Hisamura Mako. I will tell every piece of scum I can find until that news reaches far and wide, so when I kill your family I can openly declare it whatever I want, but within the depths of the darkness the rumors will start to swirl that it was payback for saying a name you shouldn't have."

"You bastard," the Haku managed to somehow hiss. Ending his life in shame was not enough for the fiend, he was going to take his family with him. He did not have the strength to do much more than meet his killer's eyes with his own. "I hope you find her then," she announced defiantly.

"I can't raise your dead body, Saburou. I can't do those creepy evil things like those bad guys. I am a good guy, and let's get one thing clear. I never said I was going to kill you. Open the boxes."

The box would open and out would be drawn a human head. Not just any human, but the head of a cousin.

"Meet Haku Saburou... well, it is actually a different Haku, nasty little criminal that died within the depths of this prison. We kept him on ice... funny, right? Who knows why, that was prior to me taking a new position. But, it has found a purpose. I am going to do everything to this body that the report said, every last bit of it. Maniac, what all would need to be done to pass it off as the real deal?"

"Ryouichi," the Haku called through a quivering jaw. Was this the actual hero - a man who cripples his charges, who murders their family, who defiles the dead and who denies the departed a proper burial. He was not nearly the villain he sought, but he was catching up. There seemed to be a hint of pride in the sentiment of fear. They - that is Tenken and the Daimyo were not very different men in Saborou's mind, both hellions in their own way. While the Haku seethed, the ANBU talked shop.

"Hmmm... we could just bust this face up, report said he fought them right? He was probably running his mouth so just mash up his face. Then we would need a couple of the real deal's teeth, then bam; new Saburou."

"You see, I am not going to kill you. I am going to lock you up deep inside of this prison, protecting you from those bad guys outside, and I am going to take my time to re-educate you. I want to break your fear of those dreadful Merchants and that mean Daimyo. However long it takes, you will feel comfortable talking to me. You see, I am the new face of fear in this country. You don't need to worry about staying dead, I am going to promise you that I will keep you alive for as long as possible."

Saburou was at a loss for words but his expression spoke volumes. He reviled Tenken. He anathematized the monster Sennin in his mind -- the man who took his business, his hands, his face, his dignity, his family and even denied him escape through death. He just let out a savage scream.
[Topic Done on my end?]

OC: Good job guys. Let me know if my services are needed again. It is neat playing the victim.

Raizo

11th Kazekage
Yen
ASP
Deaths

Episode 10: 'Questions?'| ANBU Sennin Arc said:
[col]The prisoner would let out his savage, guttural scream as Tenken would stand back up right, clench his fist and hold them before his chest.

"That is the spirit, Saburou! That is the passion to live, to take my, that will keep you going. When I am done with you, you will be more than Haku Saburou ever was... I will make you into something special. Take him to the lowest level. I have some work I need done to the interior of this place for it to meet my new programming, but for now he will be our test run. Make sure he is placed far enough away from others, I don't want him spoiled before I can get my hands on him."

The three would nod as they would begin the process of removing the prisoner from his restraints. There did not seem to be a reason to sedate him, so the massive Glutton and the round Maniac would snatch him by the arms and drag him away, passing Kagari without saying a word. Tenken, exiting the room, would approach the boy, now out of his mask and look down upon him.

"How was this experience? Do you have questions or concerns about my approach or my decisions?"

The boy probably did not imagine his day would end up here, especially as a non-ANBU branch young shinobi.

OOC:

|

Rank ANBU Sennin
ANBU Data
Fight Data
[/legend]​
[/col]

Yen
ASP
Deaths

OC: Sorry for the late post.
IC:

Saburou's scream filled the air as he was being carried away by Tenken's...friends? Whoever they were, they were dragging Saburou by the arms; passing through the observation room. Kagari got worried that Saburou got a look at his face, but remembered he isn't going to see the outside for a very long time. As Saburou's screams got further and further, he felt Tenken's presence approach him. "How was this experience? Do you have questions or concerns about my approach or my decisions?" "I do have a few questions. But I think I need a minute; that was...new." Kagari tried to relax, closing his eyes to collect himself and fall back into the teenager he was. While the experience itself wasn't a nightmare, it was eye-opening. This is the fate that awaited anyone who defied the shinobi. Your name, your body, your family, your entire existence completely erased by men. It was an experience Kagari would never forget.

After a few seconds of silence, Kagari spoke up. "Is this usual? I mean, I don't think it's common that you would make a person, even though he's a criminal disappear completely. Unless it's necessary I guess." Kagari looked inside the now empty interrogation room, the only things left were the thermos and the blanket that were Saburou's "rewards". "I don't think you usually get genin helping out with interrogations. I didn't think it would have me end up here."

"So, what now? I figured you and your team of skulls will start investigating these leads once we leave this room. Hisamura Mako....Soon's Harbor...these caravans and the list of names we were given. Not to pry but, I'd like to know what you're going to do next." Kagari paused, hesitant to ask the next question. He looked at the mask he was given by Tenken, held it in his hands. "And if it's possible...I'd like to be there when you start investigating."

Notes:
1. WC: 317
2. MFT

Raizo

11th Kazekage
Yen
ASP
Deaths

Episode 11: 'Questions? Pt 2'| ANBU Sennin Arc said:
[col]It was clear that the boy had probably seen a harsh imagine then what he was prepared for, even needing a moment to relax and collect himself before approaching the questions he held for the Sennin. After he unloaded his questions, Tenken would mull them over for a minute before starting with his response.

"Usual? Probably not, but that is the issue I've uncovered about this place, this village and it's inner workings; there was no usual. There was no initiative, there was no standard practice and there was no accountability. I am part of a new regime. I cannot say such actions would be utilized for everyone, but I will explain why they were chosen for this case. First, half of my words were just that. The report was offhanded script of a talkative corps member who has done enough work with reports to have the ability to fabricate something like this without much preparation time. I had no intention of wasting much of my time or my resources to covering up that worm. He didn't live with his family and was a frequent of our village's slums, if he had any communication with his family it was most likely for money and resources related requests. I doubt they will notice he was missing, and when they do and submit a request to us to look at it, I would simply have a report stating that the young Haku found an especially attractive harem of young ladies to travel the countryside with. The probability of them not believing that I have assessed as low."

Most of his work in the room today was fiction.

"There is a lot more torture you can do to a person without ever touching their flesh. The beating also served a purpose... but our words were intended to do much more damage than my hands. Secondly, if Mako's name was not in the original mission log I would not have even wasted my time with all of this. But her inclusion led me to believe that this man could bust open a much larger investigation. I never believe I would gain substantial information but I did know I would gain something from getting him to talk."

He would then consider the boy's question on what was next for the information gained today and had a request that he wanted to be present for it.

"Unfortunately, the depth of this investigation will not allow it to be linear. My focus is going to be the head of this corruption, something now much clearer in my eyes thanks to Saburou connecting some dots. However, about your request to see where this goes, I have a proposition; take up the mantle of one of the masked members of the ANBU corps and chase down these leads for yourself. You are a Genin, correct? If so I can accept you into our ranks as an AiT and then I can set your first mission to be connect to this. You are already aware of more of this situation then any of the ANBU present, and you will be monitored by current acting ANBU to ensure your safety and assess you until we can deem you a full fledged ANBU. That is not to say it will come easy, this is a hard role to play for the village, as I am sure you saw today, we do not living a pretty world for those of us in this division. I will say, if you wish to pursue this investigation with sanctioning of the village, this will be your only opportunity."

That was to not be mean or dismissive of the young shinobi, nor was he trying to simply manipulate him into becoming a member of the ANBU. The choice was his and his alone.

"Feel free to take some time to consider your options and let me know you decision once you've made it. Through this position I have gained a valuable knowledge of reading people, and I believe you've already made up your mind on what your decision to my proposition."

OOC:

|

Rank ANBU Sennin
ANBU Data
Fight Data
[/legend]​
[/col]

Yen
ASP
Deaths

"Usual? Probably not, but that is the issue I've uncovered about this place, this village and it's inner workings; there was no usual. There was no initiative, there was no standard practice and there was no accountability. I am part of a new regime. I cannot say such actions would be utilized for everyone, but I will explain why they were chosen for this case. First, half of my words were just that. The report was offhanded script of a talkative corps member who has done enough work with reports to have the ability to fabricate something like this without much preparation time. I had no intention of wasting much of my time or my resources to covering up that worm. He didn't live with his family and was a frequent of our village's slums, if he had any communication with his family it was most likely for money and resources related requests. I doubt they will notice he was missing, and when they do and submit a request to us to look at it, I would simply have a report stating that the young Haku found an especially attractive harem of young ladies to travel the countryside with. The probability of them not believing that I have assessed as low."

Kagari nodded as he now understood that Tenken earlier in the 1st strike was bluffing, slightly. Maybe half the things in the "doctored" report were somewhat correct. Nonetheless, Saburou believed every word of it and will disappear from society. Still, it seemed like a routine for Tenken and his squad probably. Although Kagari wondered if the Haku's will ever know about a missing heir, or will they even care? Word will reach them sooner or later that a member of their clan vanished from society, what they will do next is for them to decide. What made Kagari more hesitant was the reactions from The Red Lights, you can't hide things forever from the streets; even if you're ANBU.

"Unfortunately, the depth of this investigation will not allow it to be linear. My focus is going to be the head of this corruption, something now much clearer in my eyes thanks to Saburou connecting some dots." 'Oh.' It sounded like this entire process could take weeks or even months before someone lays down the hammer on the supposed leads. Also, unless Kagari were officially part of the mission, he would never get near some of these leads; after all his position is that of a genin. But, Tenken had an idea. "However, about your request to see where this goes, I have a proposition; take up the mantle of one of the masked members of the ANBU corps and chase down these leads for yourself. You are a Genin, correct? If so I can accept you into our ranks as an AiT and then I can set your first mission to be connected to this. You are already aware of more of this situation then any of the ANBU present, and you will be monitored by current acting ANBU to ensure your safety and assess you until we can deem you a full-fledged ANBU. That is not to say it will come easy, this is a hard role to play for the village, as I am sure you saw today, we do not live in a pretty world for those of us in this division. I will say, if you wish to pursue this investigation with sanctioning of the village, this will be your only opportunity."

Kagari's face was dumbstruck; he'd been given a choice to follow up the leads on his own. Not only that, it was possible he'd be an ANBU member in the future if all things go well. This was something he had been dreaming of as an academy student, and now the door was right in front of him. He coughed, recomposing himself to wipe the grin off his face. Being an ANBU member wasn't glorious work, it wouldn't earn him fame amongst the public. This interrogation was almost like a harrowing, a glimpse at what the responsibilities for an ANBU member are. Tenken made it pretty clear, Kagari's will be neck deep with the worst of the worst. It wasn't a decision to be made on the spot.

"Feel free to take some time to consider your options and let me know you decision once you've made it. Through this position, I have gained a valuable knowledge of reading people, and I believe you've already made up your mind on what your decision to my proposition."

"Okay. How do I contact you?" Kagari asked as he started to pack up his things. Whatever response Tenken made, Kagari nodded and was about to head out the door. He stopped, walked back to pick up the mask he was given. Kagari looked at it and put it inside his bag. "I guess the next time we speak; you'll tell me who my first target is." With that, Kagari made his way outside of the observation room and headed down the dark hallways of the Obsidian, the screams of its inhabitants fading away as he got closer to the exit. Once he was outside the Obsidian, Kagari gazed at the structure again. A 15-year-old​ teen went inside, and a different person walked out.

[Topic Left]

OC: Thanks for the great topic guys. This was an incredible one to read and be apart of. I didn't think my long E rank bounty would have me end up here. I look forward to continuing this storyline with you again Roku.

Raizo

11th Kazekage
Yen
ASP
Deaths

Episode 12: 'Until Next Time'| ANBU Sennin Arc said:
[col]"Oh, contacting me? I am everywhere, young one. When you are prepared, return to the prison and approach the doors to the ANBU Headquarters. Request Tenken for AiT assignment. Again, you've seen a piece of our line of work. Today was an easy day, but, you've also gotten a test run into our world by simply apprehending Saburou in the first place. When you return, await for myself or another ANBU to greet you. Think of your new name, the name you will only use in the shadows. I also request that if you are serious about taking up this mantle, you must forgo telling anyone of your decision and never give out your codename in street clothes, or your real name while wearing the mask. You are permitted to continue the life of Kagari, but when you are acting as a member the ranks you are no longer the young Genin of the village. You are a boogyman. A nightmare. If you have not obtained a headset, please do so and set frequency 88 for ANBU purposes. I look forward to seeing your growth."

With that resolved, Tenken would begin his march back into the innards of the prison.

OOC:
I look forward to futures plots, Kagari! Feel free, whenever you are ready, to link this thread (and specifically this post) to request an AiT banner!

AiT status grants for Kagari
|

Rank ANBU Sennin
ANBU Data