Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

A Treat in Hard Times

Uri

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The world outside Sunagakure was a vast expanse filled with numerous unforeseeable experiences, littered with opportunities for the quick-of-hand and the sharp-of-mind. While it had been a childish naivety that drove Uri from his comfortable home under the stinging sands of Wind Country, it was a mature overview of all outside his former life that was bringing him home. That brought a smile to his dry and cracked lips. After all of this time spent away from the dunes and dark passages he knew as a child, he still knew this place to be his home despite the numerous places he had rested. A think wooden stick stuck from between his slightly parted lips, a sugary confection playing over his tongue and sustaining him as he trudged through the arduous and brutal sandstorm swirling around his form. Even in the haze of turbulent weather, he could still see the outline of the mighty beast whose super-structure acted as housing for Sunagakure's mighty gates.

For as long as the history of the great village dated back, this grand monument to its people's strength and resolve stood, ever weathering the harsh environment. Some extraordinary people had sought to make sure their predecessors always knew of their accomplishments and what it would mean to them. That's what it had meant to Uri as he left those ten years ago, looking back at the impenetrable ivory figure. To one day be able to build something so imposing, so memorable, so everlasting that it would change how generations grew, how they remembered those before them. In order for him to reach that goal, he not only had to grow as a person, as a shinobi, but as someone who knew how to affect the world around him.

Everything started with a small miniscule piece, a simple building block to which a foundation was set upon. Uri knew how to set those foundations and enact action to bring forth change to affect those around him. After his understanding of the world evolved, he was able to find a way to live life happy and brimming with unfounded inspiration.

And then there was candy. When all else failed, a little bit of sweetness could always help bring someone back to a happier place.

Moving up towards the ominous structure, he hugged tighter the cloak around his form, grains of sand belting off of the lens of his goggles as he reached the gates. The tips of his finger brushed up against the giant earthen slab, echoes of all of those who had passed previously speaking to him through the mineral, "I'm home."<i></i> He said under the gale of the storm, wooden stick bobbing as he did, "Lets hope someone remembers me."<i></i>

Fist curled, he rapped his knuckles against the surface again. The action was meaningless, but he knew the sentries would send someone to greet him soon. In his opposite hand was a worn and beaten passport. The only proof left that he was a sand citizen.

((OOC: An RP chance here for someone if they want to take it! It's all for story purposes!))

[MFT]

Rin Setsuko

Yen
ASP
Deaths
She had never once stepped outside the confines of the village. She knew there was a world outside from all the reading she had done in the academy library but she had never seen any of it. She wanted to see the sea, see trees, and see birds and most of all snow! This cold ‘sand’-like phenomena that would cover mountains, forests and even the desert sands at time. Spending most of her time studying or reading, sometimes her tutors for deny her access to the academy and as a result she would either wander the village or she would head for the gate where she could spend hours just gazing out into the vastness of the desert. She had been disappointed when she had arrived at the gate this morning to find it shut, which is rarely was though today it seemed that the desert winds had slightly changed their course and thus, if the doors had not been closed, filled up the interior hallways leading down into the village.

Her disappointment was short-lived however. The gate being the only entrance and exit from the village meant that it was always guarded by numerous guards and each of these had stories to tell, something Setsuko greatly appreciated as it gave her time off from thinking of anything other than listening. She had been sitting around for maybe an hour when a faint knock sounded from the gate. She blew it off as the wind brushing against the door, but the other guards was suddenly on their tip toes. Each of the taking up position in case there was something on the other side of the thick and heavy timber door that really wanted to get in. With an uncertain look she gazed up on the chief of the guard that had been standing next to her sharing his stories from when he was in the academy.

With a loud voice, the seasoned shinobi order the gate to be opened and as two of the nearest guards grabbed each their handles and heaved wind and dust filled the air as an individual entered. Setsukos eyes went wide as she got to see another glimpse of the outside, but most because a person walked in… from the outside! “State your business and provide your identification, please” the chief said loud enough to be heard by the individual that had just entered. Setsuko, standing a few feet behind the chief knew that if this person had any ill will against the village he or she would be quickly disposed of, if not then maybe she would be able to ‘interrogate’ this new person about how the life in other countries were.

[MFT]

Yen
ASP
Deaths
fc148382e08c5f26aacbe0ea08fec0ac_zpsb30fd08c.jpg

The chakra core of Sunako's two wheeled metallic blue machine would hum silently as she drove through the caverns, the wind causing her twin ponytails to whip around behind her. She was now returning to Sunagakure having gotten the last of her supplies, looking forward to starting a new life in the village. She had spent her years since graduating walking the Earth, learning all that she could about the growing technology in the world. Unfortunately it had kept her away from her family, and so it would be nice to finally be around them. Not to mention the new opportunities she would have open to her, of course. Soon she would catch sight of the gates of the village and the group of people that were gathering in front of it. One of them would notice her approach, a slight look of confusion as he noticed her vehicle, and would begin to yell at her to slow down. Grinning she would speed up, getting closer and closer before suddenly turning to the side and hitting the breaks, sliding to a stop next to Uri.

"Yamazaki Sunako of the Yamazaki Clan!" She would announce herself cheerfully as she pulled out her passport and handed it to the gate guard before he could ask, popping the kick stand as she waited for him to look through it. Her eyes would shift to Uri as she finally noticed him, giving him a wave. "Hey there! You just gettin' inta town too?"

Sagasu Yume

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Hot. Had it always been this stifling near the surface? It had been almost 5 years since Yume had lived under the unyielding rays of the sun but she made a point of returning to the village gates regularly to remind her where she was from. The sands danced in the wind, breaking down stone, carving their own legacy into the bone that had become the beacon of civilization in the desert. She usually made this venture at night, a time when there would be no travelers and she could be alone with her thoughts. Today she didn’t want to think. She wanted to feel. The particles of silicate that swept into the beasts maw assaulted her skin. The kiss of sunlight brought colour to her mildly tanned flesh which was in turn cooled by the constant breeze. With eyes closed, the Inuzuka takes in the sounds and scents of her environment. There were no birds that could fly in the hostile storms but often chimes could be heard from the village proper. The earthy odours were familiar but pleasantly changed by the radiating heat. They were sweeter. No. That couldn’t be right.

Her eyes would open again, looking around for the source of the scent. Walking through the gates was a gentleman whom she’d never seen before with a stick tucked between his lips. He appeared to be older than both her and her brother but nowhere near ‘old’. Would the polite term be mature? He must be in his late 20’s and his scent was foreign to her. He had not been in the village in a while… long enough to lose the scent of the underground. She wasn’t sure if he had seen her perched 6 feet above the entry way on a pillar of stone. Her dark sand coloured capris blended into the surroundings well; however her skin was light in contrast, not to mention her blue halter top that matched the azure of the sky.

He didn’t fit the criteria required to make her flustered and nervous simply by being male so naturally her curious nature took over. Bending at the waist, she brings her face down to couple of inches above his eye level. Emerald green eyes would peer at him through asymmetrical turquoise bangs. It was an unusual colour but by comparing her hair to her thin eyebrows, the stranger could tell that it was in fact her natural colour. Perched atop her head was a desert fox, focused on him with the same inquiring stare as its master. Her long hair was swept over one shoulder and brushed lightly against the tops of her bare feet.

You’re new. Who are you?

When the gates opened, Yume’s gaze would turn away to look at the guard who had demanded the strangers information, refusing to straighten up on formality. They weren’t concerned with her. They knew who she was. Looking passed them she would espy a girl of academy age with clan markings and a scent that was recognizable to her feral nose. Hopping down from her post, Yume strides passed the guards whom had let her out with a polite nod, stopping in front of her fellow Inuzuka with her hands on her hips in disapproval. Settling into a more comfortable position, the fox would stretch the span of her shoulders, tail curling across Yume’s collarbone to completely encircle his friend’s neck. Deeming this situation none of his concern, he dips his nose in its bushy tip and closes his eyes for a nap.

You shouldn’t be here, cousin. Why aren’t you at the compound?

Yume didn’t know if they were literally cousins but made a habit of addressing other clan members in a familial manner. As one who had grown up outside of the family walls, she didn’t know many of her relatives other than her mother’s sister but dealings were usually tense at best. Did the clan gossip about them? Would this girl even know who she was? Her thoughts were immediately disrupted as another individual joined the group in a display of vehicular theatrics. Heaving a sigh, she would turn to stand beside and a step forward of the youth. She wouldn’t block Setsuko’s view but she wanted to be in position to protect the girl in case things turned ugly. Noting the tension in Yume’s shoulders and hearing the ground being disrupted by the sliding halt, CuRua would open one eye and take account of the new comer. Today was definitely not the day for a quiet gaze into the desert.

Uri

Yen
ASP
Deaths
It didn't take long for a reception to greet him at the gates. Before long, the dust-covered Uri had more people staring at him then he knew what to do with. Extending his abused passport out to the gate chief, he turned to acknowledge the teal-haired kunoichi who had appeared, smiled, and pulled his hood down, "I am Kuroda Uri, returning from a ten-year journey across the continent. My information is all in order, if not a bit beaten up,"<i></i>

The ragged brown cloak no longer distorting his features, a mop of white hair flowed freely in the wind from the approaching storm. His brown eyes were calm, but full of energetic life, a clear passion for being in the moment and excitement for being home once more. Pushing his goggles to the top of his head, and with it some of his bangs, it was clearer now that there was a long scar tracing down the side of his face; a mark from his travels that offered an insight into his experiences. Heaving a breath, he nodded again, this time turning his attention to the one closest to his proximity, the Yamazaki, "Sunako-chan was it? Yeah. Coming home finally. Little bit older, little bit wiser, but still youthful at heart!"<i></i>

Attention moving back towards the chief, Uri again smiled, "I think it would do us all a great deal of help if we could move into the inner sections here before this storm threatens to drown us all in sand, yes? I assure you, most everyone else would agree."<i></i>

Rin Setsuko

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Her eyes had first widened on to first person that had stepped through the gate, but seeing as there were now three individuals that had come through the gate Setsuko began to not be so sure about them. Was it normal for so many people to arrive at the sunken village so often? Did they know each other from before? Maybe they were a team that had been gone on some covert mission? The question raced through the young girls head as she looked them all over once before returning her gaze to the chief. The chief had a look of annoyance on his face as the three approached. Two of them provided the chief with their passport while the third, a female with azure coloured hair seemed to have been recognized by the guards as she was let through without any need to show any ID.

Setsuko had a perplexed expression on her face as the azure headed woman as she stopped in front of her. Her expression became even more perplexed as she spoke to Setsuko. ‘Cousin?’ she thought to herself. ‘Are we related?’ The woman should have been able to note the confused look on Setsukos face by now, especially as the question about her not being in the compound. ‘Do our family have a compound? Wait, do we have a family? Mom really has a lot to answer for when I get back home!’ The young girl had never been this confused before, either this person had mistaken her for someone else or Setsuko had been kept in the dark by her mother. “eeh… who are you?” she asked as she carefully glanced at the chief who seemed to be busy studying the beat up passport belonging to the male. Turning her attention back to the female she responded to her question with a shaking voice “W-what compound?” At this point, Setsuko had not the faintest of clues as to what was going on other than three people having entered the village and that one of those seemed to have an interest in her.

Yen
ASP
Deaths
"Ten years away from home, huh?" She would ask as she slipped off her vehicle after turning off the engine, walking it into the gates as she followed the guards. "Were ya on a mission or somethin'? Or just out wanting to see the world?" She would ask, thinking back to her own journey through the world. "That's what ah've been doin' for the last coupla years, walkin' the land and findin' new adventures! Though it's not quite as excitin' as that may actually sound." She would giggle, eyes lightning up as Sunagakure proper stretched out in front of her. Her new home? Possibly, though she still felt so out of place in the land, but at least she had her family with her. "Ah've been looking forward to starting a new life soon. Probably open up mah own shop or soemthin'..." She would continue to talk to the stranger, looking back towards him. Her eyes would catch sight of the two girls standing nearby, Rin and Yume. Her brows raised, wondering what two children would be doing at the gates like this, leaning towards Uri as she nodded towards them. "They ain't ANBU, are they? If they are they ain't too intimidating." She would laugh, shaking her head.

Sagasu Yume

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Now that she was in close to the youth, Yume realized her error. The coloring of her markings was very similar to the clan but not quite the same. The look of confusion became a shared expression as the Inuzuka takes a closer look and sniffs the girls shoulder, an action that most found strange but always proved to be the easiest way to identify people . Her right hand comes up and scratches over the small fang marks on her cheek as she tries to explain her error.

My forgiveness… I thought you were Inuzuka but your scent is wrong. Very close, mind you. The clan has a family compound for those of the lineage but I don’t live with them so I don’t recognize them all. I’m Sagasu Yume. My mother was the Inuzuka. What of yourself? You’re still rather young to be wandering at the gates.

The disruptive new comer and the man exchanged their hellos politely. It turned out that they shared similar stories: wanting to return to the underground village in an effort to start a new life. Keeping behind the guards as they validated their paperwork, Yume could hear the conversation and turned to face the situation again. She most certainly did not look like an ANBU. Aside from the lack of armor, the med-nin held no weapons on her person aside from some simple blades strapped with a belt to her bare midriff. Bangs hung asymmetrical across her left eye, leaving her markings in the open and only causing a minor impairment to her vision. From here she can get a better look at Kuroda and Sunako, deeming them relatively nonthreatening. The tension leaves her shoulders as Yume opens up a little and calls back to the lady.

I don't know about this one but I’m a medic. I don’t need to be threatening. Intimidation is for those who require more than their skill to defend themselves. Cute is inconspicuous.

Tilting her head to the left side causing her bangs to clear her vision, the 18-year-old clasps her hands behind her back, chest pressing forward slightly and a smile plumping her cheeks. She did her best to appear unassuming and adorable, swinging a little from side to side.

Uri

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Adjusting the pack hanging from his back, he moved into the innards of the skeleton with the group as the gate guardsman worked to close the portal once again to prevent the storm from overwhelming them. Closed in the darkness, his eyes adjusted quickly as he continued following the chief who had his passport in hand, casually keeping an eye on everyone so as to remember their face. Being gone for ten years meant there would be a lot of new people to see and meet and remember. For all he knew, he could have already met someone vastly important to Suna's community. So a single face could mean a lot later on.

Most everyone had peeled away, but the woman had kept her attention with Uri, "A journey of knowledge. I left to learn about the world, and am now bringing it back,<i></i> He smiled, nodding to her own talk of adventure, "A shop? What's your specialty?"<i></i>

A small chuckle escaped his chapped lips as he looked towards the other two females, "I think there's an age limit for that...but I mean ninja are hard to read anyway. Disguises and whatnot."<i></i> Again he laughed as the teal-haired Med-nin spoke up, removing his half-melted, white and red swirled sucker from his lips as to not lose it, "She's right. No one ever suspects the cute or innocent ones. Gruff looking people are obvious, but the adorable ones are unpredictable."<i></i>

With the sucker removed from his lips, he was able to inspect its slowly decaying form, "I need to get into the village so I can get some more sweets. I'm nearly out!"<i></i>

Rin Setsuko

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Setsuko blinked as her mind tried to comprehend the situation that had just unfolded. First the woman had spoken to her like they were family and then she had proceeded to sniff her shoulder, which in its own right is very weird. “Wha… huh? Uhhm… hi, I suppose” she stuttered trying to make sense of what had just happened. “I… I am Rin Setsuko” she said in response as she quickly tried to sniff her own shoulder, thinking that she smelt funny or something. “Uhm, I like to come here and relax and just look outside, but today the winds were bad so it’s not possible to see outside” she offered as her explanation for being at the gate. This in all fairness could be reason for wondering why she was there, especially considering her age and stature in the village society. Turning her head towards the other two that had been standing nearby holding their own conversation she overheard what they had conversed about.

Upon hearing the question posed by the red headed girl Setsukos face flared up in a pink hue. To think that someone would even think of her higher than the rank of a genin was something she rarely experienced. However she felt that she needed to be honest with the new comers. With a girlish smile and giggle she used her hand to brush some of abyss black hair out of her face. “I am just a academy student, though I aspire to become a med-nin in the future. But first I have to graduate” she said and ended it with a sort of a giggle that many teenage girls do when they are slightly embarrassed by something.

Yen
ASP
Deaths
"My specialty? Machines, like this beauty right here!" She would grin as she patted the seat of her vehicle. "Made it m'self, 'bout the best damn chakracycle you're liable to ever see. 'Course, for most folks it's the only one they'll ever see, they haven't quite caught on yet." The woman would come to a stop as the guard came back with her passport, nodding to him before stuffing in into a bag at her side. She would open her mouth to reply to Uri about sweets but would be cut off as she was suddenly addressed by Yume, turning her head to look towards her. As the green haired shinobi did her best to look unassuming Sunako's grin would stretch even farther, leaving her vehicle as she moved towards her. "And ah must say...you are VERY inconspicuous, miss, not to mention cute! I'd try and pinch yer cheeks if I didn't think it would end with me on the ground with yer foot on my throat! The name's Sunako, think I could have the honor of knowing yours?" She couldn't help but look over Yume, the teen certainly hitting her weak spot when it came to cute things.

The younger shinobi present would now speak up, also correcting her on her thoughts about the branch they served in. "An aspirin' med-nin and a lovely medic...say, by any chance have you two ever met the Med-Chief? Red hair, sharp teeth, devilishly handsome and as tall as a tree? He's my cousin', Yamazaki Iori. He's been real busy trying to keep the branch organized after that 'Dijon' thingy trashed the tower, called me in to help out around the homestead and build him a security system from scratch on account of his sister lackin' foresight with the previous one!" A bit more information than the trio needed, but Sunako had always been a bit of an excitable motormouth, especially after having just gone through such a long, lonely trip.

Sagasu Yume

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Her grin would turn into a rosy blush at the mention of her being adorable. Sure it was the look she was aiming for but it had never occurred to her that she actually pulled it off. Her expression quickly turned into one of discomfort verging on horror at the mention of pinning down Sunako by the throat. There was a twinge deep down in the pit of her belly that hoped the chatty woman would try just so she could but it was quickly dismissed. Why on earth was she entertaining those kinds of thoughts? Cheeks still aflame, Yume would show respect to the outsiders by bowing low.

I could never do such a thing, Sunako-san and my apologies for being so rude. I am Sagasu Yume of the Inuzuka clan.

The remarks of the student banished all forms of embarrassment from her face as she turns to her side and hugs Setsuko tightly. Her teeth were bared in an exuberant grin as she made cheerful noises that only a dog could hear.

Eeeeeeeep! You are so adorable! I will train you to be a med-nin. The moment you’re a genin I would love to tutor you.

Standing straight again, the proud smile remained until Sunako asked if anyone knew her cousin. With a creased brow, Yume pondered all the medical staff she had met but couldn’t say that she had ever encountered this Iori fellow. If his hair was as red as hers and he was as tall as she claimed then it came to reason that Yume must have never made his acquaintance. He sounded very memorable. Her contemplation quickly turned to anger at the mention of the Djinn. She dropped her arms to her side, fists balled tightly as her nails bit firmly into her palms. She had been out exploring the tunnels when it happened but the resulting carnage held a bitter place in her heart. Darkness clouded over the usually chipper Med-nin’s visage, her next words frighteningly calm and dripping in anger.

It was a Djinn. It destroyed the hospital. Many of the patients were critically wounded or killed. There has been an emergency facility erected in it’s place using some pavilions. If he’s in charge he’ll probably be there.

Her ears would almost visibly perk up at the mention of confections. As with any hot blooded woman, her mood could be swayed by the simple addition of a few bonbons. There didn’t need to be a reason to sweeten one’s self nor did it need to be a gift. Yume had the awful tendency to enjoy bags of jellybeans and taffies of different flavours as she studied her many volumes of medicine.

You have sweets? There are some really tasty candy shoppes in the village. I saw a baker decorating a cake the other day. Strawberry icing.

Uri

Yen
ASP
Deaths
It was fascinating to see the brainchildren of people gifted in their own areas of expertise. So many people he had met with wondrous inventions, captivating machines capable of doing all sorts of odd and unusual things. Vehicles that could carry unimaginable weights and still travels at speeds faster than any mount. Technology was blossoming across the continent and it was only a matter of time before people started to adapt and evolve their lives around it. Uri like keeping things simple. Simple was oftentimes best, especially when it came to construction. Strong Foundation, Simple Design, Kuroda Quality" he father use to say, making it a mantra whenever referring to how to go about life. Whether in work or personal affairs, always stand fast, be honest, and do everything to the best of your abilities.

"Wonderful! You'll have to let me know the moment your shop opens. I would be most interested in seeing how you work!"<i></i>

It wasn't unheard for Uri, in his travels abroad, to work under someone for an extended amount of time just to see their process and how certain things were done. All experience, regardless of the position one was to earn it, was valuable. Then there was the dark news of the village that crossed his ears.

"Dijon...? The village was attacked by sandwich monsters...?"<i></i> Clearly the phrasing was a bit off and was clarified by the overly enthusiastic med-nin, "A Djinn? Like...from mythology? I can swallow that, but having the gall to attack the sick and the helpless turns my stomach."<i></i> He made a point of reinserting his sucker and getting sugar back into his system. The shinobi world was filled with all kinds of oddities and impossible events that most couldn't fathom, but that didn't make them any less real. A Djinn besieging the Sand Village was unusual, but not impossible to imagine. Then there was the sudden call-out of sweets and he turned to see Yume excited. Candy had a way of doing that to people. It was a good identifier for those young at heart. Digging beneath his bedraggled cloak, further into the folds of his beaten up leather vest, he retrieved a spherical shaped lollipop swirled in light cream colors and covered in shiny plastic.

"This is my last piece, and it's yours if you promise to show me the site of the hospital tomorrow, after I've had a chance to settle in,"<i></i> There was a slight frown on his face, "It pains me to hear my village suffering. I'll rebuild the hospital from the ground up on my own if I have to. So, do we have a deal, Sagasu-chan?"<i></i>

Rin Setsuko

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The red headed woman spoke of her brother which out of all persons was the head of the med-nin branch. Enrolled only a few weeks in the academy Setsuko was still not very familiarized with who were the chiefs of what but she was sure that if she had seen or encountered the person she had described she would remember him. “Sorry, I have not seen or met your brother” she said as she stood where she had been standing, not really sure what would happen from there with everyone seemingly approved entry to the village. Yume had also upon hearing what Setsuko was aspiring to offered her a tutor ship which caused another flush of red to spread across her cheeks. Bowing her head in gratitude she said her thanks. “Thank you for the offer Yume-sama, I have yet to graduate but I will remember your offer for when I do” With that she offered the teal headed girl a smile of gratitude.

Hearing them talk about a Djinn Setsuko felt herself outside of the conversation somewhat. She had heard the news about an attack on the village and that it had destroyed the village hospital, but she did not know much more than that neither had she seen it. It was sad that such things happened, especially when so many who could not run or defend themselves were injured and killed. The thought of many dying sent a light shiver down her spine. How could the strongest shinobi in the village not be able to quickly defeat such a thing? She thought to herself as the shiver had passed. She realized that certain things would always be more powerful than any shinobi and once in a while the world of shinobi would eventually collide with the worlds of other things.

Upon the mentioning of sweets she snapped back to reality. She had used to have a sweet tooth as a young child but it had been many, many weeks since she had had anything close to candy or cake. Her mother was very strict that way and as a result Setsuko had put the craving for sugary delicacies aside to focus on a more strict diet that would give her the most energy for her training. Looking at Uri and then to Yume “Can I come and get some sweets as well? My mom doesn’t really allow me to eat sweets” she said in a hopefully tone as she really hoped that they would take her along to this bakery.

Yen
ASP
Deaths
"Hey, no problem! You weren't rude at all!" She would say with a smile, a light blush forming on her cheeks as she watched Yume hug Setsuko so tightly, finding it to be incredibly adorable. The green haired shinobi soon corrected her about the name of the creature that had attacked the hospital, giggling softly as Uri got confused due to her own mistake. "That's it, yeah, a Djinn. Never heard of the thing 'till my cousin explained it to me. Some kinda mythological critter, and a pretty nasty one at that apparently." She would say before looking towards Yume, hearing her words dripping with anger. Sunako's smile would fade a little, unable to imagine how devastating it could have been to witness such a slaughter, her hand moving without thinking to try and rest on Yume's shoulder and give it a reassuring rub. Things seemed to have taken a turn for the grim, so she was quite happy to hear the topic of conversation move to sweets and baked goods. "You know, I think I could go for a treat myself. I wouldn't mind makin' a trip to the bakery if'n you or the little miss here are willin' to take us there. Watcha say Mr. Kuroda? She would grin as she looked back at the man before turning to Setsuko, leaning in close. "'Course, you'll have to promise not to say anything to your momma. You keep your lips sealed and so will I." She would giggle as she gave her a wink.

Sagasu Yume

Yen
ASP
Deaths
There was nothing more enticing than sugary treats to bring a group together and it seems that everyone was now looking at Yume for guidance to the mecca of confections in the village. The prospect of new friends was inviting to the Inuzuka who, while amiable, was often off-putting with some of her more canine activities. Gathering Setsuko’s scent earlier was one of these things that Yume knew wasn’t socially acceptable but was always her first instinct upon meeting someone. The young girl’s request to join them assured her that while it may have been unusual it did not freak her out so much that she was opposed to being in Yume’s company.

Your mother doesn’t have to know. Besides, a chocolate here or there releases endorphins. It keeps a person healthy and lowers blood pressure. You’re not old enough to have those problems yet but it’s my medical opinion that in moderation, sweets are good for you. We’ll be doing this for your health.

Her hand would fall lightly onto the student's head in a diminutive gesture as she gave her a little pat. The excuse given was complete bullhonky, well maybe not COMPLETE but it was pretty close. Some chocolates and other sweets did have medical benefits however everyone standing around knew this was not the reason for their actions. It came right down to the fact that cakes and candies tasted good. Despite her cold approach to research, Yume did have a habit of looking out for other people and when Setsuko mentioned that her mother would not be pleased, the Med-nin wanted to ensure that she had an out. Let the mother be mad at Yume. Children needed to be children. As a shinobi they would grow up all too fast. She knew this as well as anyone and made it part of her routine to make time for play.

The lollipop that was offered in bribe loomed in front of her eyes. When Uri proposed the stipulations for accepting it simply made the token all the more tempting. How could she not agree? The hospital was where her heart lay. It was the icon of her passion for healing people. When she took her Med-Nin exam, she was infuriated when they were faced with a similar scenario: evacuating the hospital due to an explosion and the rampant fires that followed as a result. Little did she know that it was almost prophecy, just replace the gas leak with a Djinn and instead of being part of the evacuation, Yume was emerging from the tunnels. The tragedy of losing the infirm of Suna was one thing, but to watch the horror from a distance knowing that she could do nothing to help them as the walls of the very building that was to heal them crushed them in its collapse… well it was the least she could do to help in working to rectify the issue. She was no builder but if this man who claimed to be from the village wanted to help, she was certain that there would be others to join the cause. Plucking the offering from Uri’s hand, she would nod in acceptance of the contract, spinning the wooden stick between her thumb and index finger.

I would be forever in your debt if you would help the village like that. You won’t have to build it alone. There are many skilled workers who will help bring order to Suna, and if they won’t, I will help you personally. I don’t believe the location has changed in at least 20 or 30 years. Both my brother and I were born there. It was thought to be the next most impenetrable place aside from the Kage tower. It would seem that was not the case against a god. I will gladly show you if you don’t remember the way. What time shall we meet? And where?

Uri

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Before he knew it there was a field trip arranged to go find more sweets for the people gathered. Unfortunately, since the last leg of his journey was so long he had run out of his own supply and had no more to give other than the aforementioned bribe to Yume for the trip to the hospital. The gate chief finally handed him his weathered passport back to him after conferring over his headset for a few minutes. Passing through a stranger with outside documentation was a much more simple process compared to that of verifying that of a shinobi who was claiming to already be a village ninja. Ten years was a long time, files lost, identities stolen, body's captured, and any numerous amount of issues that could pop up. When an open passport is issued, it's almost assumed that person won't ever return. Either eaten alive by the outside world, or leaving the village by their own volition.

Uri had to admit to himself, the only reason he was returning was because of the few family ties he held here. Being shelled up in a dark cave, not-seeing the sunlight for ages wasn't a favorable existence after he had been abound for a decade.

"Tomorrow at the Grands hall, bright and early. Say seven sharp?"<i></i> While he was tired and worn from his trip, he knew his body would have a hard time adjusting to their more artificial day and night times in Suna, "And I would only be giving back to the village that I grew up in, putting all this knowledge I gained over the years to use."<i></i>

Hefting his pack to readjust it, he looked at the lifts deeper in, listening to their machinations as they went about their duties shuttling people to the heart of the village, "And sweets are on my mind, but I do have an errand to run first. I did -just- get back after all,"<i></i> His gaze turned onto Yume once more, "What bakery were you speaking of? I can meet you all there once I finish up my chore."<i></i>

Rin Setsuko

Yen
ASP
Deaths
With the promises that her mother would never find out that she had indeed snuck some sugar into her system by eating sweets Setsuko was convinced that the day would only become better. Now with the assurances that she would get some candy, which was a rare treat in her otherwise daily routine that consisted of a much healthier diet. She fell silent as the older shinobis were speaking about the hospital and their plans for rebuilding and Setsuko could feel a pang of sympathy for the three that had decided to include her in their day and maybe even include her in their lives, like mentoring her as Yume had offered. These people had been gone a long time and to come back and find friends and family hurt, scarred or dead must make them so sad that Setsuko had a hard time understanding it as she had yet to lose someone that really meant something to her.

She pushed the sadder thoughts from her mind as she began to think on the conversation being held around her. How can I assist in the reconstruction? Would I even be of any help at all? Immediately she began to worry. Despite her eagerness to help, there was a chance that she would not be able to. She was still in the academy and she doubted that they would allow an untrained young girl help in the reconstruction of an important building like the hospital. Her brows creased as she followed the line of thought that had occupied her mind for the last minutes. Am I useless? She thought to herself feeling that no matter what she would say or what she could offer to do someone either have thought of it already and there would be people that would be able to the same jobs as she would, only fast and better. With a gentle shake of her head she dismissed those negative thoughts as she look up at Yume. With a slight tilt of her head she studied the teal headed girl and a small smile began to show in the corner of her lips. She is a med-nin and she has lost people that were dear to her and yet she is able to seem almost carefree and happy. I want to become like her. To help and protect those that cannot but still be able to smile and be happy. She thought to herself the smile became more noticeable.

When Uri enquired about the bakery she looked expectantly up at Yume while giving her lips a light lick in the expectation of feeling the sweet stickiness of either cake or fudge fill her mouth or preferably both… at the same time!

[MFT]

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Sunako would stay quiet as Yume talked to Uri about the medical tower and how it was thought to be impenetrable. She would find that notion to be naive, anything can be broken with enough for after all. Especially considering it was some kind of magical creature that did it and not just some run of the mill shinobi. The topic of conversation then fell back on the bakery, Sunako chucling softly as she looked over to see how excited Setsuko was getting. "We should get goin' soon if we're headin' to that bakery. Setsuko looks like she's about to drool all over herself just thinkin' 'bout it!" She would tease the young girl as she got back on her vehicle, the engine coming to life as she turned the key.

Sagasu Yume

Yen
ASP
Deaths
I’ll be there. A notice was put up yesterday that construction would be started soon, but any help would be needed. I don’t how many shinobi are qualified engineers.

Rising from a gracious bow, Yume would drape an arm around Setsuko with a grin. She was initially going to link arms with the other females but it appeared that Sunako preferred to ride her… what did she call it? A chakra cycle? She really wanted to ask her what it was like and if there was any chance she would be able to try it out or at least ride behind her. It looked like there was a little space designated for just such a thing but the shy med-nin would have to be pressed tight to the stranger with her arms around Sunako’s waist as the cycle didn’t appear to have any restraining apparatus.

We can make sure she’s cleaned up before we send her home to her mother. The bakery was called Sweets & Eats, I think. The baker is this really burly guy. It was rather funny to watch him decorate dainties that are smaller than his fist. It’s in the middle of the market, across from the water fountain in the main square. We’d love to have you join us, Uri-san

Giving her customary sweet smile, Yume would look between the other two and nod to the lift that would take them to the village proper.

Shall we?

[Topic left… I’ll lead everyone out]

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back