Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

A Visit to Akira [Tutorial with Junko]

Kiri

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Qv6K9r3.jpg
He looked like a mummy. Not entirely, just his arms. He had been out all morning in the forest hunting with his beast being quite the persuasive being lately. Well, so long at it would prove helpful later on. After all, if the beast was satisfied that way, he would have some peace of mind later when he would be busy studying from that large medical book lent to him by Osu. Not to mention that he vowed he’d finish an entire chapter by the day, complete with making his very own personal dictionary of terms and helpful stuff (at least from his perspectives). Thus, if constant and pure concentration was necessary, it was essential to abate the beast’s urges.

Still, maybe he should have held back quite a bit. When that large creature had decided to fight him off, Kiri was able to keep up with his sword in hand, but there was a time when he was disarmed for a moment and had to brawl it out. Needless to say, he couldn’t remember much of how it went down, since things went far too fast, but by the end of it, he was already sporting some cuts along his arms and the sword was impaled into the creature that it didn’t matter to him any longer. Not to mention that the beast was sounding rather happy inside him, so he figured that was for the best. But he ended up using all the bandages he brought along for his personal first aid kit. And even if he had dusted off his jersey shirt and pants, the bandages that stuck out from his arms made him look like he had just been into a fight. Oh well, he’ll have to deal with it.

But as he was making his way towards the village, he suddenly found himself in a different part of the forest. He mentally cursed the momentary lapse of memory. That didn’t seem good since he would not have any means of recalling how he ended up in that place to begin with. Sighing, he proceeded to walk further towards the exit of the forest, thinking he would be able to find his way should he spot the village from somewhere. It’s not like people die from getting lost, right?

And just as he did, he smelled a faint scent of something burning. That could mean a human was somewhere nearby. That’s great! So he continued to follow the direction of the scent, though he was beginning to wonder just what was burning. It very much didn’t smell like the aroma of food. More like… something metallic to the taste. After a few more minutes of walking, he would find a strange structure with smoke coming out from the top. It looked rather new, at least compared to the other structures in his small street in the village.

Junan

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Re: A Visit [Akira]

big_boss_by_joshsummana-d8mqd2q.png

He'd fired up the forge.

Smoke billowed out of the chimney, thankfully there rather than inside the roofed area, though the roof too was sloped so that the smoke would be able to escape easily should something happen inside the forge itself rather than damage Akira's single remaining eye. The forge itself was simple, it was large enough that he could stand tall, the anvil custom made for his height so that he wouldn't need to bend over his work and bugger his back like so many smiths before him.

Everything was scaled to him.

After all, he was a smith, why wouldn't he make tools for him to work with the correct size for himself. Standing at 6'11", broad shouldered and still very toned for an old man, this meant that things were generally upscaled.

His house was attached to the forge, and he maintained it carefully. He let the ivy grow on the walls, an attempt at fitting in with its forest surroundings. Still, he had a number of weapons which he needed to build for Cloud's armoury. The shinobi who were armed by the village needed good equipment, the better the equipment the less likely it would let them down in a critical moment, and the more a skilled user would be able to press an advantage. Akira knew this, and so he only ever produced the best weapon that he could, every single time. Working hard and tirelessly was never a question. It simply was who he was.
smithy_by_stephengarrett1019-d7nddkf.png

However he'd let his hair grow out a bit from the short spiked style that he'd almost always had. As the Raikage he'd stopped the spiking of it of course, slicking it down to look more... presentable? He'd never really been good with the diplomatic stuff, it had been a real challenge for him in that seat. Yet the team he'd had leading the village made his life much easier. He could go and deal with problems himself, and know that Ayumu could run the village in his absence. He did hope that the Raikage had found himself a team on which he could rely.

Pumping a massive blower he heated the coals to incredible temperatures. There was metal in the forge that he'd placed in there. Several metals to form an alloy, a recipe he'd created, one which would have been expensive had the village not reclaimed the mines during his tenure as Raikage. He knew there were certain clans which hated him, but he didn't care. The village as a whole was better for his actions. At least that's what he believed.

For now he was simply standing there, the blistering heat pouring from the coals causing him to sweat. The leather apron he wore over his otherwise naked upper body was stained from burns, coal, soot, and smelled of all that and sweat. It was not a pleasant place to simply hang out. It was hard work. Akira loved it.

Kiri

Yen
ASP
Deaths

It very much looked a like a strange house. Kiri had never seen such a place before, nor did he know of it from any of his talks with those who resided in the village. But as he drew closer, he came to find a figure standing in front of what seemed to be a hearth. Or a really large one, with flame tongues very clearly to be seen. What was the man doing, he wondered and so Kiri would find himself coming closer until he found himself standing in front of the building and staring at what was inside.

“It’s a forge,” said the beast in his head, the voice full of arrogance at the fact that he knew more than the shinobi. “I’ve been to one in the past. I had my sword specifically made by one of the clan’s famed blacksmith before life went downhill.”

“I see. Then this should be just right,” said Kiri as he undid the tie of the uchigatana’s scabbard on his side while walking ever further towards the structure. And stopping just short of entering, he would greet the man who was too preoccupied with what was happening in the forge. “Hello! Can I please ask for some assistance? I need to have my sword checked and tempered. I may have dislodged the nail as well.”

Waiting, the young lad would just stand there without much of a reaction. He was expecting the man, who was supposed to be used to this dealings, to come and help. Of course, he had forgotten about possible monetary compensation.

Junan

Yen
ASP
Deaths

With the fires heated up he stood there, watching the glow of the embers, the heat was intense, he loved it.

A voice spoke from outside, and he turned to look at the visitor who held his sword, still sheathed, asking for assistance. Akira nodded his head and gestured for the young man to step forward.

Scars adorned Akira's body, wounds from a thousand battles, reminders of a thousand pains. One went from above the eye, through the eyebrow, down, disappearing behind an eyepatch, and then reappearing beneath it. There were more on the face too, another across the bridge of the nose... so many scars. They made Akira look even older than he was, though he was old for a shinobi at age fifty.

His voice was deep, stern, but not unkind Very well then. Pass it here and I will treat it as a mednin would a wounded shinobi. He didn't smile, but there wasn't any annoyance either. He simply was.

Tell me, what's your name and rank? What do you want to achieve?

His hand was out, waiting for the sword which would look small in his hand. The calluses dominated his palms surface, the hand of a man who had wielded a blade for dozens of years, hands which had felt the tremor of blades clashing, scars showing where at times he had needed to stop a blade with them... the calluses perhaps almost a form of natural armour.

Osuteno

Yen
ASP
Deaths

It was around here wasn't it?

Osuteno had received a rather... creatively drawn map from a pair of associates in his inquiries about how to find Akira-Sama's forge. Unsurprisingly it was one of those things that while not exactly a secret, it wasn't shared easily as no one wanted to bother shinobi who actually lived to retirement, much less a kage who had done so. Thankfully, and rather surprisingly, Biru and Tedo happened to know just the place he was looking for and very eagerly supplied him a map... Which was turning out to have some inaccuracies. The... written descriptions were also rather difficult to... well as much as he would like to say understand it felt more like translating.

Before long however he finally saw smoke rising into the air, thank Raiden above. The map had served well only being a bit of a mile off after all. That may sound significant to you, but Osu is a very forgiving person. Besides what sort of shinobi wouldn't be able to find a lone forge out here with the smoke rising?

Now that his target was in sight... How exactly would he go about asking his question? He has only ever talked to the former kage twice, once when he rescued Osu and another youth in a back alley brawl and the other time when the ANBU Sennin was found dead which there wasn't much of an exchange then other than confirming the criminal's identity and... Uso yelling at the Raikage... Ahhh that was a mistake to let Uso take over, a bad impression must have been left after that.

Grimacing Osu slowed his pace some but still kept moving forward. Perhaps... Akira Saito wouldn't remember that? For some reason he had no confidence in that possibility. Still he had questions to ask and this was one of the few people who might be able to give him some answers.

He made no efforts to hide his presence as he approached the forge. He doubted anyone would be foolish enough to try and sneak up on the old kage and risk being seen as an assailant... Kiri?

He was rather surprised to see the MiT here as well, but seeing as he and the former kage seemed to be discussing that sword he though it best to stand a bit in the open so Akira could see him but far enough to allow them some privacy. He supposed he shouldn't be too surprised that Kiri would bring his sword to a forge but goodness he was much more daring than Osu was. If he could think of anyone else he could ask he personally wouldn't have the nerve to bother the old kage unless he thought it necessary. In a bit of a humorous thought and with a wry smile he found himself a little envious of Kiri's daring.

Kiri

Yen
ASP
Deaths

Kiri smiled as he heard those words. He knew at once that his beloved uchigatana would be fine. At once, he stepped forward and would give it to the man. For some reason he had this feeling that it would be okay. It would be foolish to simply hand out someone’s weapon to a stranger, even if he was a blacksmith, but there was something about this old man that made him feel secure. Something that made him trust him.

And so, as he would then sit along the ledge, he would think on the question that the man had asked. “I’m Kiri,” he answered as he would glance at the fire at the great forge. “I’m currently a mednin-in-training but I hope to get better soon. It would be nice to be useful aside from just causing harm. I’d rather think my power and strength is meant for something else.” He then paused, “Like maybe for healing. Or maybe watching. I guess.”

Just then, a familiar presence would be felt and when Kiri glanced to the other side, he saw Osu. He quickly stood up and nodded towards the other’s direction, greeting, “Hello, Osu-senpai. Are you lost as well? Good thing this place is here, right? This old man here is quite the reliable sort. Or so it seems. I like that he said he’ll look after my sword like a mednin would.”

Osuteno

Yen
ASP
Deaths

Nope nope nope nope.

Osu marched forward turned Kiri around to face the "old man" and bent Kiri's head down to a respectful degree while bowing himself.

"I thank you for looking after this trainee's weapon Akira-Sama. I was surprised upon my return to learn you handed off the mantle of Raikage to Ayumu-Sama. May Raiden bless your successors command." Osu let go of Kiri's head as if he had never forced the slightly older youth to bow.

"Considering that the Akira-Sama respected our work enough to take on some medical training himself I am sure he shall treat your blade with the most thorough of care... I didn't really mean to interrupt you two, I just have some questions concerning an experience I had on my travels and I was told you were one of the few who might be able to answer my question Akira-Sama. If necessary I can wait until your business is finished or even come back another day but I'm afraid I must insist on borrowing some of your time."

Despite being a very polite youth Osu wasn't really going to accept no for an answer. He had uncertainties he needed answers for and this was his only lead.

Junan

Yen
ASP
Deaths

Akira took the blade gently into his massive hands. Turning it over and looking down the blade, when his eyes would glide off the end and look into the distance, seeing another figure approaching. He did frequently get visitors, usually Akuhei though with Koumyou, othertimes other members of the ANBU Captains would come and fill him in on the latest in the village. Members loyal to Shinbatsu, their god, and thus him, Shinbatsu's chosen.

Even Junko would come by from time to time, continue Akira's training in the medical arts, of course he himself would be there to continue his own training, seek help with questions, receive combat training.

Yet the lower ranks rarely visited him.

The youth before him introduced himself as Akira took the blade to the forge and placed it in the embers. It needed to get hot. Very hot. There were chips in the blade, only small ones, but small chips would grow into big chips, and then those would crack the blade, and once that happened the blade would be broken and need to be forged anew.

At this stage it could be rejuvenated, but it needed to get hot first.

Akira nodded as he watched the blade, listening to the youth. Then it seemed that Osu had joined them. It had been several years since he had last met this young man, and he had grown from the boy in the alley.

Turning to face the young mednin, he gave a half-smile, amusement reaching his eye as the more senior ranking mednin bowed the others head, thanking Akira for the service. After the greeting and well wishes Akira nodded his head in acknowledgement. Yet before he could reply it seemed the young mednin was going to continue with his lecture on the youth.

Akira went back to check on the blade. The fire was hot enough to melt metal, for that was the purpose that Akira had stoked it for, so he had to be careful not to leave the sword in there too long. Taking the blade out he placed it on the anvil, picking up a small pouch he placed some granules on the blade, adding to it before he was going to take away from it. This time he placed the blade over the heat. The granules would melt first.

If I know the answer to the question I will give it. He said while looking at the blade, the timing on this was cruicial, and he removed it taking a smaller hammer to pound the metel into the blade, hammering it so that that metal would replace the chips. A sharp blade could come later, for now he just needed to create a solid edge. He placed more granules on the blade and placed it back over the heat.

Besides, I am but a blacksmith in the villages employ. He gave Osu a knowing look.

The young mednin would know exactly what Akira was still capable of, even at his age. Now without the shackles of being Raikage he no longer needed concern himself with his own life. His move to replace himself had less to do with his inability to perform the task, and far more to do with the other tasks he couldn't do. If someone threatened the village then the village would go to the Raikage's aid. As he was now, Akira was part of the village, he no longer needed protecting, he could now rush into the battle at the front, and know that if it was time to visit Shinbatsu that he could do so with a straight back, and his head held high.

Shouyu Hoshi

Yen
ASP
Deaths

The kid was exiting the forest from a long training in session that in turn, became a spar with one of his fellow class mates at the Academy. His clothing was really scuffed and a bit torn, explosive notes will do that, and his hair was quite a mess, many strands of random hairs flowing out from his loose ended hair band. He was limping or anything, but definitely sore, a bit tired, hungry and sweaty plus everything else bad. The kid just wanted to sit down, maybe enjoy some tea, and have a meal, hopefully. His blades after that battle, and all those explosions had some wear and tear. The metal was deteriorating from being heated in such an unnatural manner. Not only dulling his sharp edges, but corroding the overall quality of his blades. These left attended, will wither away like a dying rose and fall to pieces. They were memoirs of his deceased parents. A defensive blade for his vanguard Father, the Kodaci, and a high offense sword for this Mother. These swords meant a lot to him, and their meek condition was his only motivation to proceed back to the village and find the nearest smith. The kid was too tired to activate his Byakugan, he knew he was headed in the direction of society, but knew not the exact location of where he was at, or even heading to.

"Smoke?"

He stopped, looked up, smirked and began to proceed slowly following the thin beam of smoke fading up into the air. He held tight the waist band that holstered his short sword at the hip, as if holding his Mother's own hand once again. His right hand was in the middle of his chest, clasping another band that wrapped diagonally around his torso, holstering his offensive weapon, a Katana. It was a short time before a rather large house was in view and seemed this was where the smoke was coming from. A distinct smell was in the air... It smelled almost like machinery, a pungent smell. "Could be a forgery?" He could see a tall man, who seemed to be manning several pieces of equipment tailored to his physical appeal. And two visitors, both familiar. One, to even make him cringe and hold his head lower. The first guy who beat him, of course, as if losing to Izanagi wasn't enough, let's show up and greet the guy who planted his first L on the losing column. Osuteno seemed to be here as well, for reasons unknown, seemed like this guy was quite popular. He seemed well worth a visit.

As the kid walked up, he bestowed a rather blank expression on his face, though his eyes would show some lament, due to his situation with his beloved swords, and the presence of Kiri. Truly, it was nothing against him, he just seemed a bit different from everyone else, and Shouyu was a rather sore loser. He wasn't from this village or really ever expected he would have to be a ninja. He just trained with his Father because he though it was cool to see his Dad do it. And when he showed promise, receiving training from his Mother as well, it was them who embedded this thought into such a young sensitive boy. Not only that, he could tell Kiri had some kind of trump card hidden, and of that, Shouyu was curious. Kiri was the first he greeted, first with nod, he did this as to get over his feelings and acknowledge Kiri as a shinobi in respect, followed by his nod was a slight head bow.

"Hey Kiri... Fancy meeting you here huh?"

He slid his head over some ways just turning it slightly really to face Osuteno, he smiled before twisting the rest of his body to face him and bow as well. The boy cringed a bit this time, contorting his body in these bowing motions were aching his sores and bruises. He laughed it off though.

"Heh... Osuteno."

He didn't know what to say to the giant. Hovering at what seemed like ten feet to this four foot nothing kid. His large white hues searched him up and down, one eye and a patch. A mysterious character, someone who if Shouyu saw in combat would probably be amazing. His build seemed like he had seen many fights, and survived them all. His eyes grew wide in admiration. Not only that, he had Kiri's sword in hand, this guy was the Black Smith. No doubt, he seemed experience, a lot older, and respect was due. Here, Shouyu gave a deeper bow, sighing and holding his breath at the wincing pain before rising. He looked over to Kiri's sword, his work bench, the flame that made the air a bit humid, sweat moistening his forehead. He clenched the straps of his sheaths harder, burrowing his brows together.

"I'm not sure If I ever met you, or heard of you, I'm sorry... But..."

His head tilted to the right and he half way smirked.

"You resemble a great warrior, and I am sure you have great stories to tell. My name is Shouyu. Apologies Osuteno if I interrupted with my arrival."

He nodded at the both of them and gave one look to Kiri and gave a head nod once more. Shouyu didn't know if he was welcome here, or if he had interrupted some important meeting so the kid began to walk away from them allowing them to continue the conversation, he found a stump near by to take a seat and did just that.

[WC 936. Topic Entered]

Kiri

Yen
ASP
Deaths

It was strange how Osu-senpai had suddenly grabbed him by the head and forced him to bow. Of course, listening to the exchange of words later, he came to understand why. This old man before him was the former Raikage, it would seem, of which Kiri quickly took note of as he raised his head up once more and eyed the man much more attentively. Though the old man would refute and say that he was now an ordinary blacksmith in the woods, Kiri could tell that there was a sort of freedom in it that seemed to please the man. Titles weren’t everything.

“Titles often lock you down,” he muttered, almost in unison with the voice of the demon inside him, which sort of surprised him, as he looked to the side, as if hoping to see the visage of the beast standing next to him. Alas, there was none, but the presence was well obvious in his soul. “Osu-senpai, it’s okay. If you need to talk to the Old Ma-… I mean,” he paused for a moment and looked back at the Akira, “Akira-sama… then, by all means. I’ll just be here to wait for Nakigitsune.” He said that, mentioning his sword’s name for it was normal to him to speak about it fondly that he treats it as another entity of his own.

Just then, he would turn to the side to find a familiar face. It was Shouyu. They’ve been crossing paths, more often than not, lately. With all his greetings aside, Kiri thought it was best to pluck him away for the time being since he felt that Osu was more than anxious to get his business down earlier. So he went over to Shouyu and grabbed him by the hand and dragging him away, saying to the other two, “Just in time. I need to speak with him for a bit. Osu-senpai, you go ahead and keep Akira-sama company.”

It would be not be too far, just near the entrance of the forest, a good distance away from the house but still visible. From there, they could keep watch at Osu and Akira, but was also a good earshot away from possibly prying into their own matters. Kiri knew better than to disrupt that. And thus, turning to the side to glance at Shouyu, he stared down at him scrutinizingly.

The kid was always seemingly charging head-on. Even that class they had showed it. And even now, not knowing what was happening, the kid just brazenly appears. Then again, he was no different since he didn’t know about the former Raikage, but still…

Noticing some of the bruises on the kid, he sighed and patted Shouyu on the head. “You’ve clearly seen better days. Come on, take off your shirt. I’ll treat your wounds,” said Kiri as he begin to gather some chakra on his other hand. “Training is good but doing too much can also have an opposite effect.”

“Oh, so brotherly of you,” teased the beast inside him.

“Well, you weren’t there in my case,” he murmured, then if he noticed the other had heard him, he would insist that Shouyu go show him his injuries already.

Osuteno

Yen
ASP
Deaths

Goodness what did they teach them in the academy these days? Osu knew what Akira implied regarding his current position but it still seemed... not right to speak to the man who had been his Raikage for the entirety of his service until he came back with... but that wasn't why he was here.

Osu sighed as he looked at the two and then looked to Akira when they were a bit further away. He began to open his mouth but paused a bit more as he still wasn't entirely sure where to start. He knew he should probably get to the point. "I want to ask you about Shinbatsu... No, I should explain first. A few years ago I was captured by a Jashinist Cult. I didn't really know anything about the religion at the time, but to make a long story short, I met their god, spoke with... was spoken to by him. I was... too terrified to speak... sit up even. I still don't know everything about the circumstances behind why it all happened and what I do isn't very pleasant, but that isn't what I am here to ask you about. I saw him, was spoken to by him, was stabbed by him, toyed with, cursed, had his blood forced into my body and have become something less than human because of it. But what really bothers me about the meeting is how human he was. A terrible human yes, but still I could see that he was very likely mortal once like our own gods. He wasn't all knowing, he had much more insight but not omnipotent. He wasn't all powerful, he was beyond anything I could imagine but even he seemed subject to fate. So for two years I must admit I have had some questions about our own gods. Those once mortals beginning with Raiden and a few of the greats to rise to his side in more recent years. What made them gods? Was it simply strength of body? Mind? Spirit? Personality? So upon my return I have started seeking people who might know. People who had known them as mortals. I want to know more about them as people and what made them different."

Shouyu Hoshi

Yen
ASP
Deaths

Shouyu was grabbed, snatched and dragged by Kiri before his bottom could even plant itself onto the stump for a seat. Kiri spoke to the man and Osuteno. "Akira-Sama..." His eyes shot back and widened with one last glance of him. "No way... Akira Saito??!! His mind ran frantic with so many thoughts, oh he aspired to be a great Hyuuga like the Raikage before Ayumu, not that Ayumu wasn't great himself.

"Hey, hey, Kiri, wait..."

He begged but not avail, being dragged away and left in his thoughts. He just felt a similar bond being that they would share the same Kekkai Genkai. His early days here he spent many days within the library reading the literature and culture of this land. Kiri had dragged him some distance away from him so that Shouyu lost sight of him, and in turn began to look at Kiri with question.

"What?"

Kiri was staring back at him, Shouyu just returned the same gaze. He was then patted on his head, instructing to remove his shirts so that his wounds may be healed. His eyes lit up, widening and almost trembling in gratitude. "Ha! Haha, duh! Kiri is skilled in the medical arts!" The kid grinned, slowly removed his shirt, he had some minor burns that were still tender to the skin and the friction of the shirt began to irritate this. In anyway, he laid down after it was done and listened to Kiri's lecture.

"Yeah, yeah, sure."

When he ended his lecture Shouyu just turned his nose up, like the little kid he was and crossed his arms, slightly turning his head away from Kiri. He suspected Kiri wanted him to train less so that the boy would stay weak and never stand a chance against his superior in combat. Quickly he gave these thoughts to wind and let his arms fall to the side, he began to retort,

"No way, If I don't train hard enough I'll be in this academy school forever. I was barely able to get that bell of Junko Sensei! I'm tired of being the weakest link, okay? I need to train hard, and prove my worth for this village,"

The kid looked away from Kiri once more, shy and embarrassed in a sense to have revealed his heart on his sleeve. As an outsider, he felt like people didn't gravitate to him as much, but he was new to this ninja world in an entirety. The basics he knew coming in were just that, the bare minimum. But, at eight years old, he had much room for improvement. That was indeed for sure, but still, he would continue to be reclusive when speaking from his heart.

Junan

Yen
ASP
Deaths

The boy Kiri seemed willing to let Akira get to work on the blade and speak with Osuteno about whatever topic it was that he'd wanted to raise.

Yet another joined the group, though he seemed more interested in Kiri than visiting Akira, though he greeted all in the group and bowed to Akira. Perhaps one of the younger generation who even knew who he was, maybe by the eyes he was of the Saito clan? Then he spoke and Akira realised it was less to do with that, more to do with simple age.

No offense taken. He said as Kiri excused himself to go speak with the other young shinobi.

So Akira's attention fell on Osuteno as he spoke, and his full attention was gained as Osu opened with what he wanted to speak about. Shinbatsu, and how he'd met the god Jashin. Taking the blade out of the heat again, Akira placed it down, this wasn't a conversation to split his attention on. To do so would only harm either the conversation or the blade. Akira was never one to wish to do anything less than at a hundred percent.

He listened to the brief description of the experience, and the recounting of what happened during the meeting. Yet the question when it was reached drew a smile to Akira's face, a small one created with a short guff of breath which was likely a small laugh.

I will tell you now that I have no clue as to how they became gods. My experiences with Aion were fleeting, the man sent me, Shin and Daisuke into a home where a mass murderer lived, it was our genin exam. He pulled the leather apron aside and pointed to what was clearly an old wound which ran from his left shoulder down to his stomach disappearing behind the apron again. It ended at his right hip, and Akira had required serious medical attention for the wound. He'd received it to block Shin of course... The man was the cause of several scars. None of them Akira regretted.

So as you would have learned meeting Jashin, it's clearly not to do with their being simply good or bad. Indeed there are those who claimed immortality in this world, and likely are more who are not true gods, mere mortals dreaming that they were.

He lent back against his anvil, his left hand resting upon it, as he looked at Osuteno.

In the ANBU we had an event occur. I had been cast out of the village, so wasn't there for the event itself, instead I was the trigger for it. The Raikage Ryuuto and his brother Ryuujin ruled the village, Ryuujin was evil, Ryuuto was short sighted. When he looked at Shinbatsu all he saw was the man who survived the fighting pits. A man who lived through hell, a man not of Cloud origin.

Yet others witnessed acts of Shinbatsu, acts which no mortal should be capable of. He fought shinobi, great shinobi, not as equals, but as a god would. He had no peer, this was most obviously demonstrated when he fought the demon lord by himself during the demon war, while all the other strong shinobi in the village fought against one of the demon lords subordinates. The strongest fought the strongest, but the second strongest fought everyone else. One versus six.

Shinbatsu's strength was beyond our comprehension, and I think through this act he gained worshipers, it was at this point that the cult formed. Perhaps it is as simple as inspiring true devotion from a number of people that gives one the doorway to stand among the gods? As one would expect a god to die from a lack of followers, perhaps it is the devotion of mortals that birth a god.

Akira shrugged. It was a theory, though he was unsure on when the cult of Aion began. Aion was witnessed by many to ascend, it was witnessing the ascension which gained him many followers, Akira was aware of this. Perhaps however there was already a sect devoted to him, he was unusual, fair skin, white hair, red eyes, an Albino shinobi. Unusual in itself, but like Shinbatsu the tales tell of his strength.

In this moment Akira wondered whether his being part of Shinbatsu's story, a demi-god, or simply a hero, depending on who told the tale, would be enough to give him a place by his masters side... The blade that Shinbatsu wrought rested inside, his masters sharingan lay idle in the hilt. A gift from Akira's sensei, a gift from a god during a time when he had lost all hope.

His eye moved down to the pair of youth. Osu wasn't much older, but Akira knew that the boy had witnessed things beyond his age. He hoped that one day they too would be able to tell tales of their masters, be in awe of those who preceded them. His eye moved back to Osu, he wondered what other questions what he'd said would create, or what other questions might come anyway.

Kiri

Yen
ASP
Deaths

His eyes squinted as he saw the burns on Shouyu. He really ought to tell the kid to take it easy. Of course, instead, he gave the kid a quick karate chop on the head before he proceeded with healing him. Something he may have learned from Osu. Gathering the chakra on his arm, he would press it against the skin, forcing the energy to rejuvenate the damaged cells.

After which, Shouyu was still adamant on training without breaks. Sighing, Kiri gave him another karate chop on the head though he ended patting him. Sometimes you have to look after the young ones, he thought.

“Sometimes, you can’t learn what you need to improve if you keep at it. I’m not saying to stop completely. I’m saying what’s the use of training hard if you break your body to the point you can’t train anymore?” he said with a definite tone. However as the latter would insist on it, Kiri gave a defeated sigh and ruffled his hair before standing up, “Oh well, but I guess stubbornness is one of your redeeming qualities. Just don’t go looking for me to patch you up when you’re falling apart.”

For a moment, he paused as he eyed back at the house. It was far enough not to hear the conversation but he could see clearly. His heightened senses allowed for that. He was unsure what Osu had to talk about with the former Raikage, but he was certain it was best not to eavesdrop on it. That said, he didn’t know what to do to keep this other one from intruding. Sure enough, he’ll want to rush out there to get to the Raikage.

So he glanced back at the boy and considered, “You’re not really weak, you know. On whose terms are you comparing yourself with? From the previous class, you were the one who managed to reach the bell. I don’t think a weak kid like that could have done that.” He then stood to the boy and sat there, eyes still trained towards the house. He was hoping his sword would be fixed soon. “Besides, wouldn’t it be a hassle to be the all-powerful one? You’ll constantly get challenges, get responsibilities, and so much more. And then there are also people in this world who will always find fault in what you do. So you can’t really say being the strongest would mean being the useful.”

He paused for a long time, eye looking far beyond, before he suddenly sent another karate chop on the other’s head and said, “Just kidding. The strong will definitely stand on top… then again, that doesn’t mean strength alone.”

Tsuyoshi Junko

Yen
ASP
Deaths

Smoking an herbal cig, the medical Sennin was in his usual clean suit with gold trimmings, katana at his side, and Rinnegan hidden under contact lenses as it always remained active. Holding a scroll in hand given to him by his wife for Akira, Junko held his usual calm expression as he moved towards the smoke in the air coming from the chimney. Upon observation, Junko knew he was heading in the right direction. He had come this way a lot. Still taking and delivering lessons with the student of Shinbatsu, Junko had truly grown. Especially in combat. Originally, Junko was just a master of the blade, but now he was seen as a jack of all trades. Versatile in the light and devastating in the shadows. Advance in Taijutsu, Ninjutsu, and thanks to Akira's tough training.... even genjutsu. The biggest thing gained from the exchange wasn't the knowledge though, it was the bond.

Junko could come to Akira for anything. Advice, knowledge, a laugh, and a quiet place when the Sennin wanted to step away from the hospital or Tsuyoshi Estate just like Junko wanted to today.

It had been a busy day indeed. After managing the twins rounds of labor for the orphanages, Junko had other matters to attend to, which consisted of a pretty big meeting at the hospital, Blood demons, and training with Shu in Shinbatsus path. The different activities all had Junko thinking, but he wasn't troubled by any of the thoughts. He Just knew things had to be taken cared of. Starting with the poison on the streets of kumogakure. A sample was expected to be at the hospital tomorrow and Junko was going to give Osu the chance to assist in this operation. After all, the lad needed the money and he had skill.

Junko would've had Kitsune in on the mission, but she was vital in the research department with other trades to handle. Oh well, their pupil would do and this was an immediate matter.

"......what is that?..." Junko thought as he sniffed the air. He wasn't an inuzuka, but having the path and learning from felines caused Junko to pick up a few things. Their was a smell on the wind. A explosive like scent and possibly flesh. Worry didn't cross Junko's mind though, he knew Akira could hold his own. Only a fool would sneak up on him or try to attack him in his neck of the woods.

Coming forward, voices could be heard. Upon the two bodies coming into view as Junko approached, everything made sense. Hoshi had taken a beating, something Junko expected to see much more of because he had a looooong way to grow. He'd take many more beatings too, but it would come a time when the roles would switch. For now though, Kiri would likely serve as the child's personal Medic.

“Just kidding. The strong will definitely stand on top… then again, that doesn’t mean strength alone.”

"Indeed. Can't be all bronze without the brain to control it. Can't be all brains with no bronze to back it up either though. I'd listen to him Hoshi, Kiri might be learning some things from Osu." Junko said before setting his eyes on Akira's place. "How are you two?" Junko asked coming to a halt. After pulling on the herbal cig as he inhaled, Junko removed the butt from his lips. Dropping the butt on the ground and stepping on it with a twist, Junko exhaled, releasing smoke though his nose.

Topic Entered
OOC: Post got longer than expected

Shouyu Hoshi

Yen
ASP
Deaths

He was Karate chopped, and his eye brow rose and winced. He gave a slight, "Ouch" a loud and abruptly became quiet as Kiri began to heal him. His chakra was felt like a fiery ice, that seemed to heat and cool his body at the same time. It gave a strange feeling and it couldn't help but wiggle, but still he fought to remain still. It almost tickled. Kiri began to speak, Shouyu listened with his eyes closed, focusing on his breathing at this time.

He opened an eye at Kiri, acknowledging that what he said made sense. Working too hard could ruin his future as a shinobi. It wasn't long before he was done and badgering the young student once more. He sat up slowly, chuckled and nodded in agreement.

"I believe what you say to be true... I guess, I just want to be strong, to protect people..."

He looked away, away from Kiri and the house. Maybe there was something in the distance, or he was just hiding the glossy white eyes, fighting back tear drops in front of his peers at a time like this. The thoughts ran back to his past, his family on his own little village, a small community he used to call home before stumbling across Kumo, but what he believed to be the luck of Raiden. He turned back to Kiri, who seemed really focused on Osu and Akira back the house.

Again Kiri gave a lengthy dialogue that Shouyu took to heart. His gaze fell from Kiri to the floor in deep thought of the class. Maybe he was right, he played a decent role as a team member among ninja who were quite older than himself. He was stretching his shoulder, rotating his arm in a circle before responding. And even before he could, Junko Sensei had arrived, tossing in his own opinion to compliment Kiri's words. The words of both of them had touched the young boy, and he could learn from every word these older shinobi spoke to him. So he would only nod.

"Junko Sensei... I'm, I'm fine. I just finished up a sparring match with Izanagi not too long ago. I was heading back before I found Kiri with Akira Saito! Osuteno was there too, but they seemed to have something important to talk about. Honestly, I just wanted to get some grub and head back, hah, I have some new jutsus I've been dying to try out!"

Osuteno

Yen
ASP
Deaths

Osu could only listen attentively and sigh a the former Raikage answered. He admitedly didn't know that much about Aion or Shinbatsu, as he mainly sent his few prayers to Raiden, but Aion at least from Akira's description didn't sound to be a pleasant sort. "Do not take this the wrong way but I certainly hope you are not right about the path to becoming a deity being attracting devotion though it would make sense. Too many people idealize some concept of strength or another and can easily be swept along by the perceived righteousness of simple strength. That would be how a god like Jashin could become so powerful though, directly blessing his followers into sacrificing more souls to him. I know what a hell looks like, it is a simple marble square with a throne surrounded by a sea of blood with countless souls reaching towards the surface, drowning in a pool of their collective misery for all eternity while a madman enjoys the pain his followers inflict upon the people of this world and add to his pool of the damned. But as despicable as that is such might is able to stave off the hand of death to a degree so long as one remains devout and sacrifice others. How can such a being not find an endless line of worshipers. And if he can be a deity that suggests that fate or whatever power moves the universe respects might more than a person's inherent goodness. It makes me doubtful of our gods to a degree. Looking back on tales of Raiden himself he was more temperamental than peaceful, more powerful than kind... I have heard that might makes right but am I wrong for thinking that is a cruel standard for the world beyond the physical to work by?"

Osu leaned against a wall not sure what he wanted at this point. "Too many idealize strength over wisdom, ego over kindness, and greed over compassion. If devotion to a person or concept is what it takes for it to gain influence or understanding of fate, then are gods as a whole a solution or a problem? Would my prayers be better spent begging the gods to prevent the others from interfering rather than seeking their influence myself? Are our gods even strong enough to interfere with whoever else managed to inspire devotion in others? Would they be willing to take such a step? If the gods stopped interfering could they maintain devotion? Would they die? I know you don't have the answers to these questions, I suspect only deities would have any insight if anyone does, but as far as I know, unlike the Jashinist we haven't had any contact with our gods, not since the fabled cleansing of Kumogakure when we apparently earned Raiden's ire long before any of us were alive."

"I don't mean to waste your time with rambling, I just... I just don't know... All I have to know our gods are real is tales of people seeing them ascend before I was even born, while I have personal experience that Jashin exists from meeting him, being spoken to by him, feeling the pure terror of his power, being cursed by him and knowing that he fathered me. I quite literally have his blood running through my veins." Osu said quietly and just slipped down against the wall and sat down a bit hard from dwelling too much on the experience.

"Before I could believe in Raiden without doubt and now... I know it is selfish but I just want to know that I am devoted to something real or at least that I am worshiping gods that I can respect as people. I feel the need to know what they are truly like before devoting myself to them... I am not a very good worshiper to be demanding proof of their worth am I?" He sighed, brushing his hand back through his hair, before looking back up at Akira. "I'm sorry I know you were a student of his and I don't mean to be disrespectful regarding Shinbatsu or any of our gods... I don't know what I even want to know, but you wouldn't happen to know a few answers or at least anyone who might?" He was too young to feel this tired.

Junan

Yen
ASP
Deaths

Akira nodded as the young shinobi replied to what he'd just heard. Rightfully he was concerned with Akira's hypothesis, if it were that simple then things would be chaotic, so it was never going to be that simple. However could it be part of the puzzle, quite possibly. It was too common a trait for it not to be if Aion had been worshipped before ascending, Masao would have been more aware than Akira, but none of that generation within the ANBU survived any longer. Records on a matter such as religion were prone to exaggeration and memory being rewritten, history being changed to suit the story being told.

He smiled, perhaps a sad smile as questions poured from Osuteno. A massive gnarled hand moved to the young shinobi's shoulder.

I have had contact with Shinbatsu since his ascension. So I believe that our gods can save us, if they choose to. He said, holding out his other hand. The sword which sat inside moved through the air, knocking the door open and finding its masters clutch.

His eye looked at Osuteno, unblinkingly.

People believe that only the Uchiha have eyes which are unique. But everyones eyes hold their own patterns, as unique as fingertips. Now look at mine, carefully, study it, and then compare.

Suddenly on the hilt of the sword an eye-shaped metal circle with a line through it opened like eyelids, the eye that sat in the hilt was that of a Hyuuga, and it stared at Osu.

People believe what they want to believe, but I didn't return to Kumogakure failing to find my master, I found him, and he gave me a gift.

I had been caught by several missing shinobi, held captive for my eyes, tortured and let to waste away over a period of months. My muscles of which I am so proud shrunk as my body sought them for fuel, my strength with them, they took my eye from me and sold it to someone who wanted one. I had struggled, and I had failed to find purpose, but Shinbatsu guided my closest friend and ally to me.
His eye glossed over and he couldn't help but look to the floor as he spoke. His brow furrowed.

I get emotional in my old age, remembering old friends. But Shinbatsu guided Mojo to my location, my Monkey Pet who I grew up with and was a member of ANBU with me. He found his way to me with this guidence and freed me from my chains. As we attempted to flee they caught on that I had escaped and hunted us. I was too weak to fight, and Mojo killed many. He was brave, and I could see pain in his eyes as he looked at me. We had fought together so often that for him to see me that weak... He shook his head. A tear rolled down his nose and fell to the floor. For Mojo had suffered a mortal wound that day.

A voice came to me, one I was only too familiar with. He told me to stand. I tried and stumbled. He told me to stand. I stood. Then he told me to fight. I hobbled forward towards the combat, two broke through to come at me, and I felt strength flood my body. I struck out and I landed a punch which shattered the mans face. My hand was no longer flesh, it was iron. I no longer had just one eye, but three. I killed everyone that had held me captive that day. Not a man lived. They had decided Mojo's fate, they had tried to decide mine, but they hadn't realised that my hunt for Shinbatsu had been a test of faith. He spun the blade around, on the opposite side of the blade was a Mangekyou Sharingan, a look in the eye would show that it judged all that it saw.

This is my third eye, and like all Mangekyou it is unique to its master. This one belongs to mine. And when I use this blade to its fullest capabilities, that is when I gain my third eye, which is the watchful gaze of Shinbatsu standing behind me. Judging me, judging my opponents, and deciding who will live and who will die.

He looked to Osu, and let go of the blade, sending it back to where it came. The eyes closed, almost as if going to sleep again, slowly.

I may not know much about the workings of the devine, but I know that our gods are as real as any other. Shinbatsu saved my life at the sacrifice of my closest ally. Perhaps that is why some gods request endless sacrifice by their kind, for without it they cannot affect this world. Some gods get their followers to make the sacrifices, others make them when required... but end up taking those closest to those they're helping to do so. Still, this is just a thought, and is based in nothing but the suppositions of an old blacksmith who has seen more than his fair share of death.

His eye looked out and saw that Junko had joined the other two. He shook his head.

I apologise for getting emotional. When I think back to the day Mojo took that blow... he shook his head and smiled He was the truest of allies, and took on a group strong enough to take me captive by himself. Without him I would be dead, without me he would be alive. He was the best ANBU I've ever known.

Turning he placed the blade back into the coals. They had cooled somewhat, though were now probably closer to the ideal temperature for the blade.

As for who else to speak, I would seek out Myoumi Akuhei, high priest of Bishamon, god of combat. He is of my generation, schooled with myself, Shin and Daisuke. The last living friend of my youth. But speak to him at a risk, for it is likely he will demand tribute. And by tribute I mean he'll want you to fight in Bishamon's temple.

Kiri

Yen
ASP
Deaths

The sudden arrival of the medical branch chief made Kiri look up in attention. He was a bit awkward at first as he slowly rose and bowed to the man before returning to a sit. From there, he listened to the man and to Shouyu. It was obvious that the kid looked up to a lot of the veterans and it showed. In fact, it would be an understatement to say that there weren’t any sparkling stars appearing on his eyes. Then again, having those pail eyes of the Hyuuga’s did made it quite hard to imagine such things.

“I don’t think their talk will end any time soon,” said Kiri, before looking up to Junko once more, “And I think Junko-sensei will be joining them soon, huh?” He sighed as he laid on the ground, staring up to the sky bordered by the canopy of trees nearby along his periphery. “But I can’t leave yet. I need to wait for my sword to be fixed.”

Glancing to Shouyu, he gave the boy a quick poke to the side (if he is ticklish, good luck), and made another comment, “We can have a go at it if you want. But only after my sword is fixed. And perhaps only after your wounds have healed too.”

Tsuyoshi Junko

Yen
ASP
Deaths

To no surprise, Hoshi had been beaten up and Kiri was having his blade fix that he attempted to fool Junko with. Apparently though, Osu was having a conversation with Akira already. Junko didn't want to interrupt, so he'd stay outside and play with his prey..... ummm..... students a little.

Especially since they were the rough ones that loved to fight. So, why not put them to a short test for one or two rounds. Just to see... what'll happen, learn more about them, and help them overall. "No I won't be joining them and Hmm, new jutsu ya say Hoshi? I have a few of my own. Tell me you two....." Junko said grabbing the hilt of his blade. Unsheathing the blade slowly, the sun seemed to bounce from the blade just right. Holding and pointing it to Kiri as he laid, Junko simply tapped on the lads knee. Slowly shifting and pointing the blade to Hoshi, Junko allowed the lad to stare directly at the sharp katana. Allowing the blade to make contact with the lads forehead [Genjutsu] before retracting the blade, Junko smirked.

"Ever tried facing your fears?" Junko said allowing their fears to manifest before their very eyes before they would be able to respond. Thinking back, Junko remembered his time with the same question when training with Akira. Unlike Akira though, Junko would take it more easier. After all, they weren't to a jounins level to take the fully mastered version of the jutsu.

OOC: Nothing Crazy, just 1 - 2 rounds why we wait. What happens when I forget my original post... xD

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back