Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Arguments Abound! (private)

Takahashi Aki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Be home today to receive the parcel. That was what the note his mother left for him today. What the parcel was, Sousuke did not know. Was it the new stove? Possibly. If it was a new stove why not inform him? While he was in the Takahashi clan residence there were some house rules set out by his mother. No mechanical working objects. This meant Kitchenzilla was left to roam outside, or she was digging up the Kazekage tower grounds to bury pipes and or crowbars (which were used in place of bones). The Steward face palmed as he laid down on the couch. No mechanical workings. He could have done theory work, but there was no point in doing that. Theory work needed something mechanical to practice on anyway.

The Steward thought about having a nap, but decided not to. Instead he decided to watch ... television. The most repulsive form of entertainment. The Steward reached for the convertor and turned it on. Maybe. Just maybe ... there would be a documentary on something not that repulsive. The screen lit up. 'I can't beleive he's not the father'. The Steward closed his eyes. No. Absolutely not. This was the most repulsive show ever. The show needed to be canceled. A thought crossed Sousuke's mind. A criminal thought. Maybe he could sabotage the show. Get it cancelled.

The Steward watched as the show began. He hit the converter again. He desired greatly to change the station... but the station did not change. The Steward's eyes narrowed. The battery. Was it dead? Surely not. He tried again. "So I'm Donny Decaso. Welcome to the show. I have three people here to discuss who the father is! We have scientific proof!" The television shouted at Sousuke as he tried multiple times to turn the show off. The screen flashed a picture of a baby and then it went back to the three adults.

"Scientific proof? This is already flawed."<i></i> He spoke back to the television. "The child has green eyes, and short brown hair. Slightly curly, and will continue to be in old age. These adults all have black hair, with a similar part. they are more likely to be sibling instead. Highly probable that the script is already a fake. Child also shows a more defined nose which these three lack."<i></i> The three adults began arguing as the host tried to quiet them down. The show flashed back to the child again. "Size of the head is slightly larger than the three adults in their infancy I would think. Child also shows a keen feature to toying with her hair which the mother is not."<i></i> The television continued to spout stupidity about the likeness of child to one of the adults. "Wrong. Wrong. Wrong. The science is flawed. Genetics do not work like that."<i></i> The Steward answered back again. The television did not cease though. The plans to get the show cancelled were becoming more and more apparent in the mind of the Steward. Eventually he tried to turn the show off again. He thought of throwing the convert at the screen to shut up the nonsense of the host. Mother of course would not like that, and neither would father because he would never heard the end of it. The Steward left the television on and continued to counter each and every argument it produced. He faced away from the television and tried to put it out of his mind, which obviously wasn't happening since he continued to counter-argument it every time he had a chance.

Okibi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Re: Arguments Abound!

The rest of the pack, Chiyoko and Judori along with Kitchy (Kitchenzilla) werent home. Number Seven was hanging around the outside of the manor, sniffing things in one of his rare doggish episodes. He was so much more human like most of the time...

But, since everyone else was out at the moment, now would be the perfect time to try to execute her plan. Okibi grunted as she pulled something large and heavy through the hallway, stopping just outside the entrance to the family room. She sniffed, and was certain this was where Sousuke was. Abandoning her large bundle, she crouched down and started to crawl into the room, sneaky like. When she got to the back of the couch, she pulled the collar of her shirt up to cover her newly changed hair. The fiasco had occurred just the night before, and so far, only Seven knew of the change. She wasnt sure how Sousuke would react to seeing what happened to her, so decided to cover it up for now.

Of course it didnt matter that she looked entirely ridiculous with her shirt pulled up over her head.

She craned around the side of the couch and peeked out from under one of the arm rests. She blinked her now bright pink eyes, which were still ringed with red because of the chemical goo that had gotten into them. The bandage on her brown stood out in contrast to her pale skin. She put her hands up on the armrest, still crouching, and peeking only just enough so that her eyes could be seen. If one looked, they would see that her fingers were bandaged, as well as her arms. This was also partially a result of what happened to her the previous evening, though some of the bandages were attributed to something else. Getting those glass shards out had certainly stung though...

For the time being, Okibi remained hidden behind the couch looking like a mole, waiting for Sousuke to notice her. If she was going to do this properly, she would let him make the first move.

Takahashi Aki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S

The television continued to spout nonsense. The Steward curled up into a ball and continued to counter the television arguments. At one point the show had a call in segment. The Steward reached up, grabbed the telephone and called the number of the screen. "'I'm an anonymous caller. I would like to state that for the record your logic is flawed, it is sham, a crime to true science... and your time is up. For one the child has different hair colour. Two the skin tone is far too tanned to be the child of any of the three individuals. Three ... well obviously the three people in question look most like siblings."<i></i> He hung up the phone. What next happened was somewhat of a rule breaker. His mother didn't need to know. The Steward opened up the phone, pulled out wires, and rerouted them. He sat up know and re-programmed the phone. He then re-dialed the number, added additional numbers and watched the television. The screen went blue with yellow words saying 'We are experiencing technical difficulties. Please standby.' The screen then went to say 'This show has now gone bankrupt'. We apologize for this latest development. The corners of Sousuke's mouth began to make a turn. A grin almost formed, if it merely curved only a bit more. Following that the Steward restored the phone to its original form and placed it back where he found it.

By this time it had been exactly six minutes and forty-two seconds since Okibi had entered the room. The Steward still remembered the fiasco from his lecture, and from when Okibi had stomped out of the room. He still wasn't exactly sure how to deal with her properly. He closed his eyes once more and returned to lying down on the couch. Some books said use the silent treatment. Considering Okibi's beast nature, that was probably not the best. There was also the concept of grounding her. The word in itself, reminded him more of a lightning counter-measure. That wouldn't work either, mainly because he hadn't grown accustomed to her habits and what she liked just yet.

Okibi

Yen
ASP
Deaths

Minutes were passing. Okibi wasnt very good at telling time yet, but when she glanced at the clock up on the far wall, she saw that one of the hands had moved a good deal. Becoming annoyed, Okibi looked back at Sousuke from over the arm rest, now glaring. If he didnt do something soon... well, she was going to have to wasnt she?

At one point, Sousuke picked up the thing called a fone and started talking into it. Okibi jumped a little when his voice ehoed out of the teevee thing in front of the couch. The box was hardly ever used, but whenever it was she could never figure out how it worked. How did they get that man in the box so little? And why was Sousuke's voice coming out of it? Okibi didnt have to consider these things anymore when the television screen suddenly went blue and yellow words flashed. Becoming uninterested, she turned her attention back to Sousuke, pulling her shirt back up as it had slipped down a little.

But still, he was not taking notice of her. Okibi didnt think he failed to notice her presence, she was right there after all, and Sousuke was so much more... talented than that. That meant only one thing. He was ignoring her. Her pink eyes narrowed again and her claws dug into the surface of the couch. She was quickly learning that she did not like being ignored. When the white haired boy had done so, after knocking her out with a brick prior, she had wanted to return the favor. She would have too, if all his shy-antsy things hadnt distracted her... or turned her hair purple.

Pulling her claws free of the material - it would not be good if she tore the thing up in her mounting anger - she hopped up onto the arm rest after Sousuke lied down, further ignoring her. With a sneer, she pulled one of the throw pillows out from under him and made to smack him in the face with it. Stop ignoring Okibi!" She yelled, not realizing that her shirt had fallen from her head, displaying her new hair color.

Takahashi Aki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S

The Steward was being beaten. Beaten with a pillow. The Steward allowed this for some time. He expected Okibi to stop after some time. After a few minutes more of being beaten the Steward then shielded his face. "Cease and desist."<i></i> He commanded or attempted to do so. The Steward turned so now that he was lying down on his belly. At least his face wasn't being beaten now. After a while longer he finally sat up. He stared at Okibi's hair. Purple. Violet. It was identical to his. He stared at the hair. Dye? It had to have been dye. Her eyes though. They had also changed. He would question her later about that ... but first there was her hair. It resembled his. "Your hair. What did you do?"<i></i> Sousuke pointed at her hair. He reached out to take a strand of it to analyze it. Something was amiss. The Steward's eyes narrowed as he was focusing down on what was the matter. "Not dye. The chemicals used here are different."<i></i> He analyzed. "We haven't spoken in eighteen hours, seven minutes and four seconds since you stormed out of the kitchen and left me there. In these few hours you changed your hair colour, and your eye colour. How? Does Number Seven know about your change in hair colour?"<i></i> The Steward crossed his arms. He would have seemed cross if only his face could convey a true sense of disappointment.

"Okibi needs to know not to stomp angrily out of the room. Okibi also needs to know not to destroy my favourite chair. More the chair than the stomping really."<i></i> Sousuke's mind went to the shredded bean bag chair. He slumped a bit as he did indeed miss that chair. What was he supposed to do to discipline Okibi? Clearly ignoring her didn't work. That resulted in him being beaten by a pillow. What was the Steward to do?

Okibi

Yen
ASP
Deaths

Even when Sousuke tried to make her stop hitting him by telling her to, Okibi continued to pummel him with the pillow. In a way, he was still ignoring her. He could at least try to take the pillow away from her or something! Why was he just laying there!? When he turned over so that his face was turned away from her, this only made her a little more angry, and she started to beat him with increasing fervor.

It wasnt until the man finally sat up, and looked at her that she stopped. With the pillow poised over her head, and her breathing just a little ragged, she glared at him. Mostly because her face was stuck that way after so many minutes of growling. When Sousuke made mention of her hair, Okibi's glare quickly dropped, as well as the pillow in her hands. It bounced off her head and fell to the floor as she gripped the hair on the right side of her head, realizing it was now unveiled. Dammit, she hadnt wanted him to see it yet.

Feeling almost shy, Okibi looked to the fallen pillow on the floor as Sousuke reached out to touch some of her new hair. "Shy-ants 'splosion." She mumbled, the only answer she would give as to how her hair turned out this way. She wasnt exactly sure how it happened herself, just that it occurred after she made the white haired boys smelly shy-ants stuff explode. At the mention of Number Seven, she looked back at him. "Seven knows. He was only one here when Okibi came home."

And then the time came for him to deliver what Okibi knew had to come. Seven had informed her after her cooking adventure that Sousuke had been... upset with her, more or less. It was hard to ever tell with the human, but what Seven had sensed was something very much like frustration. And it had been directed at her. Apparently he hadnt liked that she stomped out of the kitchen in a huff when he and that wolfy woman had called Seven a pet. She still didnt like the term, but if Seven didnt care what he was called... then she would attempt to be less inclined to anger in the future.

Okibi was a little surprised to hear that he was more upset about the chair she had ruined than he was about her stomping. She knew he liked the thing, but...

Well, this was perfect wasnt it. Okibi rubbed at her bandaged fingers for a moment as she thought, before hopping off the arm rest and scurrying out of the room. Her grunts could be heard as she pulled the haul she'd been dragging down the hall earlier into the den. She stopped with a huff when it was just far enough in for Sousuke to see, she turned around with a hopeful smile and presented his bean bag chair.

Or at least, a Frankensteined version of it.

It was stitched together in a very messy fashion, obviously done by an amateur. Sloppy, but steadfastly holding in its contents. Okibi rubbed at her fingers again, unable to remember just how many times she had stabbed herself trying to sew the chair back together. "Okibi ask Chiyoko for help." She murmured, looking at Sousuke with wide, pink eyes. She glanced back at the chair as she continued. "Okibi not get all little white bugs back, but Okibi got sand from surface to put in too." She hadnt been able to gather up all the little white foam balls, is what she was saying, but to fill the bean bag properly, she'd gone to the surface to get sand to make due. Thats why the thing was so heavy.

Looking back up, Okibi took a deep breath. And then said it. "Okibi is sorry." And that one apology encompassed all that she'd done wrong that had made Sousuke upset with her. She didnt want him to be cross with her after all, even if he didnt really show it.

Takahashi Aki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S

It took Sousuke a moment to decode the word. Okibi's words were getting better and better all the time but sometimes they had an extra syllables. Sometimes this wasn't so bad, and sometimes it threw the word completely off. At any rate, Okibi certainly had an interesting way of saying science. Once he figured out she meant science explosion the Steward had become very worried. His mouth dropped as he had attempted to say something. No words came out. He closed his mouth and tried to speak again. Still nothing. "A science explosion?"<i></i> he finally said after three attempts. Sousuke's brows furrowed as he was trying to picture this. "I wouldn't expect you to tell me what type of explosion it was ... but what did it involve? Biological? Technology? Chemicals?"<i></i> Sousuke after saying what he did, realized that Okibi probably couldn't tell the difference between the three categories. "We should let Number Seven in the house. This is an urgent matter that needs discussing... I'm no medic, but if worse comes to worse I suppose I can call Tia over."<i></i> The Steward facepalmed. "That's right. You don't like her... this may prove difficult. Ah yes ... thank-you for not making things any more awkward that day in the kitchen. Tia is a very complicated ... person in my life."<i></i>

What next happened touched Sousuke. Okibi brought in his bean bag chair. Repaired. Not perfect, but acceptable. The Steward looked at the chair and poked at it. He nodded his head when she explained it was now carrying sand inside it instead of beans. "Beans, not bugs."<i></i> He corrected her. The Steward backed off a bit and then back flipped into the chair. He sat in it and sunk in. "Ah. My mother helped you. This stitch work is similar in many ways. This is well crafted for what it is. Well done."<i></i> The Steward's mind went into a miniature galaxy of numbers, equations, and algorisms. Everything came to a grinding halt when Okibi apologized. The Steward turned his head to his ward and nodded his head. In the time he had known Okibi which wasn't long to some, he had never known her to apologize. The Steward rose up from his chair. He knelt down to her level. "Apology accepted."<i></i> The Steward remembered his childhood when he did wrong and apologized. What he did next is often what his parents did which was to give him a hug. The Steward placed his arms around Okibi and hugged her lightly. He let go and nodded his head. "I may not seem like it from times to time, but I am concerned for your well being and completely functionality in the highest of forms.<i></i>

Okibi

Yen
ASP
Deaths

At just the mention of the wolfy woman being invited over, Okibi's non-existent hackles rose. Were she covered in fur, the patches at the back of her neck would have been standing straight up. Of course, Sousuke realized his own folly, saying for himself that Okibi was not fond of the female. Being a child of a possessive nature, you couldnt really blame her. Letting Number Seven into the house would make for a much calmer atmosphere.

Okibi held off on going to retrieve the giant canine hower when Sousuke started to examine her work on the bean bag chair. She brushed off his correction of the term she used for the little white balls that used to be inside it. She thought they looked like bugs, so she would continued to call them that, though she would file away their real name anyway. She watched, with a bit of wonder, as Sousuke back flipped into the chair. It seemed a bit unnecessary, to go through all that effort when just sitting into it would have been much more simple... but it did look like more fun. When he said her work was 'well done', Okibi felt a bit of heat come to her cheeks. Confused, she rose her bandaged hands up to feel them. Why was her face suddenly getting warm? The girl didnt realize it, but she was flattered and pleased by Sousuke's compliment, and that resulted in a pinkish blush on her pale cheeks. It was a first for her, and she didnt understand it.

She didnt have much time to ponder as Sousuke was suddenly in front of her and pulling her into a light hold. At first, she was stiff, not understanding what he was doing. She didnt think it was some sort of grappling move; it didnt make sense for him to suddenly start training her there in the middle of the den, and then she realized. This was a hug, another first for her. She remembered being on a walk with Seven, and watching as a woman swept a wailing young boy, her son, into such a hold to console him. Seven had explained to her that hugs were a way of showing human affection. The woman's hug seemed to be warmer, closer, but Okibi could still make the connection; Sousuke was showing her affection. Before she even had time to enjoy the embrace, however, he was pulling away and she felt a sense of loss. For her very first hug, it didnt last nearly long enough.

Sousuke then said that he was 'concerned for her well being'. The words sounded odd to her ears, but she was pretty sure she understood their meaning. Smiling brightly, Okibi said "Okibi care about Sogay too.", and patted his shoulder firmly. The movement, however, aggravated the bandaged lacerations on her arms where she had been stabbed by numerous glass shards. She winced, and pulled her arms away so she could smooth her hands over them. Some of them started to dot with red; apparently the cuts underneath opened.

"That was sweet."

Okibi turned her head to the left quickly, and saw Number Seven poking his enormous head through a window. He was grinning doggishly, and Okibi had to wonder just how long he had been there. As if reading her mind, Seven said, "I've been here since you said my presence was needed, Takahashi Sousuke. I have fairly good hearing."

Okibi's eyes widened with dismay. Did that mean he heard her apologizing? Seven turned a grin on her, and that was all the answer she needed.

(WHY hasnt Sousuke noticed yet how BEAT UP Okibi is? Lol, blind guy.)

Takahashi Aki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S

"Ah. There you are Number Seven. You have excellent timing indeed."<i></i> The Steward couldn't help but look at Number Seven's ears. The canine had exceptional hearing? How curious. If only there was a way to further amplify his hearing. The Steward's mind ran about with concepts in mind such as modifications to Number Seven. Indeed, the Steward still thought that Number Seven would be a force to reckon with if he had cannons on his back, or maybe on his front paws. The Steward rubbed his hands together as he was picturing it more and more. The look in his eyes suggested that he wanted to do this so very very much. Would Number Seven remember the look from before? Perhaps. Perhaps not. "Now then..."<i></i> The Steward returned his gaze to Okibi. It was then in that moment he finally noticed the wounds in Okibi's hands and more or else all over. The Steward's eyes narrowed as he realized that this was worse than what it originally seemed to be. "I don't like this. Show me your hands. Back and front."<i></i> The Steward would analyze her wounds and think on the best course of action. By this time too Number Seven had made himself known in the room. He was by no means a medic, but he did have a trick or two up his sleeves. Quite literally. After analyzing her hands it clued in that she was truly worse for wear.

"Number Seven, you're more familiar with these injuries. Is there anything I should be aware of? I suppose this science explosion involved ... a number of things. These cuts were made by something sharp of course, but I assume nothing broke off and remains inside the wound? If worse comes to worse I can attempt to obliterate any shrapnel, shards, splinters, or anything with a heat beam."<i></i> The Steward stroked his chin. "I would have Okibi look away since it may look frightening. I would want her to know that it tingles though. Okibi do you know what tingle means? It's not a state of pain, it's an ... odd feeling? At any rate it's either we go to the hospital and risk Tia interloping ... and possible ... momentary obsession with myself and her possible insults or ... I try this."<i></i> The Steward offered.

Okibi

Yen
ASP
Deaths

For a while, Sousuke seemed to have gotten lost within in own head. Whatever it was he was thinking about, neither Okibi nor Number Seven could freaking tell. His face never changed worth a damn. He started to rub his hands together, and when they looked, an interesting... glimmer was in his eye. Okibi was becoming frustrated with being unable to read him, but didnt have a chance to act on it as Sousuke was turning his attention back to her. He finally noticed how worse for wear she was, though Okibi had to admit that even she had forgotten about her injuries before the worse ones decided to open up again. Pulling her hand away from the bandage on her upper left arm that was now stained red, she held her hands out to him and showed him the palms and the other sides like he wanted. For the most part, her hands were actually fine, except for some bandages wrapped around a few fingers. Most of those were just a result of her impatience when it came to needlework, but the biggest bandage that was wrapped around her right index finger came about because of the explosion she had caused.

Okibi brought her hands back to herself when Sousuke started talking to Seven about her injuries. This caused the girl to frown. What, was she suddenly unfit to speak for herself? Just because she didnt know what the heck the stuff that blew up and changed her appearance was, didnt mean she couldnt describe her own injuries. Her frown was quickly becoming a snarl.

Number Seven leaped through the window, somehow fitting his large frame through it without jostling any of the woodwork. How a creatre as large as him could be so graceful was a mystery. "Well, according to what she told me last night when she got home, she'd run into a boy who was at your lecture at the Halls of Learning. He was conducting some sort of experiments when she came along and-" Okibi's angry cry cut him off. Seven turned to look at her and saw that her face was red, and she was flailing her arms wildly, trying to get him to be quiet. The large dog rose an eyebrow. Was she embarrassed?

Okibi calmed down and pressed one of her bandaged hands to one of her temples, where a brick had struck her when she first happened upon the white haired boys hovel. She still blamed him for the decent sized bump that was there. It still hurt a little when she touched it. Okibi looked angry but thoughtful for a moment, and then her blush started to recede and she looked Sousuke dead in the eye. "Okibi can talk you know." She said. She started to unravel the bandages that were on her arm, revealing the smaller lacerations first. They had long since clotted and were no more than dark red dotted lines on her skin, but the ones higher up were a different story. The one that was bleeding was deep, and at least three inches long. Okibi couldnt help wincing when she uncovered that one.

"Okibi got all glass out last night. Dont think any is left." She said quietly, looking at the cuts. She couldnt blame the white haired boy so much for these, no matter how much she tried to. If he hadnt made that wall explode and smack her in the head, she never would have followed him into his lab where all those chemicals were! Alas, it was her own damned curiosity that had gotten the better of her.

Looking up through her lashes (even those were a dark shade of purple now) Okibi asked, "Sogay mad?" as she tried to stem the flow of her blood with her hand. The liquid slowly seeped from between her fingers, dripping onto the floor.

Takahashi Aki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S

Sousuke understood why Okibi was angry for having Number Seven speak for her, and so he explained his logic accordingly. "It sometimes takes the experiences and visual of another to explain what happened to one self. The time I had that mishap with the armlet for my armour, I would have thought I crossed two wires I shouldn't have. I didn't think I had, but Tia thought I did. Ultimately of course it was the mishap in the kitchen which called that explosion. I'm still enjoying that taffy-substance you made. I was able to scrape most of it off the walls, and I super-heated it to make it more manageable into chunks that are available for when I desire a treat. I am well aware of your ability to talk, and you have had excellent progress but sometimes it requires an additional individual to ... broaden the scenario in question... and then I must narrow down the scope of said scenario to a more manageable one."<i></i> The Steward paused. He hoped Okibi understood him. Most of the time when he went on for such great lengths of time she would get bored, anxious, or impatient.

When he next heard that Okibi thought she had taken out most of the glass the Steward was slightly relieved. The Steward was thinking about what to do about her wounds. When he was asked if she was angry he shook his head. "Not angry. Concerned."<i></i> He rubbed the centre of his forehead with the palm of his hand. How best to handle this. "I'm going to seal those wounds as best I can."<i></i> The Steward removed his palm from his forehead and lowered it. A metallic frame creeped out of his sleeve to cover his hand in a metal coating. He set his palm beam to a very low temperature. He was hesitant to do this, but he had an very good idea of how to work this. "Alright. Low temperature, and cauterizing theorycraft to seal up wounds in the arm. This will tingle a bit. Okibi can look away while I try this, but don't move. At the very least this won't be as painful as those bees or thorns in the rose bush. At the very least you won't have to deal with Tia."<i></i>

Okibi

Yen
ASP
Deaths

Honestly, Okibi started to tune Sousuke out once he showed signs of rambling. She was a simple girl, and used as few words in a sentence as she could while still being understandable, even though she was quickly becoming capable of more. When Sousuke just started to go like that, indeed the girl found she had a hard time paying attention to him. However, action quickly took place of the talking as the steward lowered his hand. Okibi watched with curiosity as a metal glove wrapped around it like a living creature. She knew he liked his armor, but had never seen it appear like that before. It was pretty neat actually. As he rose the device and poised it over her bleeding wound, Okibi reached out to poke at it, until Sousuke's last comment registered.

The very mention of Toraono Tia was enough to raise her hackles. "No need Wolfy Woman's help! You do!" She barked, saying that he would do in this instance. If she needed help, she would go no further than him. She held her arm out for Sousuke to do with what he would. Number Seven's voice chimed in then.

"Are you sure that's a good ide-" His question was cut off when Sousuke's blaster turned on. Whether the dog was talking to her or the man, who knew.

In the next second, Okibi couldnt give a rats furry behind who he was talking to.

Who knew that burning flesh could smell so horrible?

The girl screamed and wrenched her arm out from under the searing heat, and grabbed at her smoking wound out of reflex. However, when that only made the pain worse, she let out a squeak and a whimper. She lowered her hand to her elbow as she hurried backwards, bumping into furniture in her haste to get away from Sousuke. Okibi hit a wall, and looked at Sousuke with a pained wince pinching her face up.

"Tingle!? That not tingle! That hurt! Why Sogay try kill Okibi!?" Of course, a part of her knew that Sousuke wasnt trying to any such thing, but the bigger, more irrational part wanted to yell at him for hurting her.

On the other side of the room, Number Seven winced in sympathy... for both of them. Okibi hadnt been expecting that, and Sousuke was bound to feel bad now. Taking a seat, he decided it best to let the two of them work it out.

Takahashi Aki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S

Maybe using the beam method of sealing wounds wasn't the brightest idea. Sousuke watched as Okibi bounced around the room. When she accused him of trying to kill, her the Steward was perplexed. At one point even he seemed like he was going to break down into a sort of mood. He didn't though. His facial expression twitched. "Kill you? I gave you an option of seeing a professional being Tia and you said no. Secondly I had turned down the intensity of the beam to a level one out of twenty-five."<i></i> The Steward shook his head. "At least it worked."<i></i> The Steward rolled up his sleeve showing his own injuries. Most of them were self-treated as well as evidenced by a white line from mid arm area to the elbow. "See? I've done it to myself with a beam strength level of three, and I didn't kill myself. My tolerance for pain is just higher than yours."<i></i> Sousuke spoke as he rolled his sleeve back down.

The Steward folded his arms. "You needs to try and listen to me a bit more... or else the same thing will happen again. I know it can be difficult, but I have tried to use less scientific language. I You cannot go rushing into matters without some thinking."<i></i> The Steward scratched the back of his head. "I will make an apology for the term I used. Tingle was perhaps not the best term to use due to your low pain tolerance."<i></i> He shook his head. "Does Okibi understand or does Okibi need Sousuke to use different words? Did you hurt yourself any further when you hit the wall? Do you want some ice? I promise you it won't hurt as much."<i></i> He offered. The Steward was trying his absolute best to help his ward in any way he could.

Okibi

Yen
ASP
Deaths

Okibi's face screwed up and the tears that were a result of the pain vanished. Why did Sousuke keep bringing up the Wolfy Woman!? Her good arm dropped and her fist bounced off the wall. She decided to just stay quiet about it, since things were already said and done. There would be no going to the healers and there would be no seeing that woman. Okibi was just talking herself down from the tizzy she worked herself into, when Sousuke said something else that got her dander right back up.

Did he just say his tolerance for pain was higher than hers? Was he insinuating that she was weak!? He just burned her! How was that not supposed to hurt!? Her eyes narrowed as Sousuke continued to talk. He apologized for the term that he used... and that was it? He made her flesh smoke and all he said sorry for was what he said? To make matters worse, he once again said that she had a low pain tolerance.

By the time he was done talking, it was a miracle Okibi wasnt shaking, she was so angry. Sousuke just indirectly insulted her in a number of ways, and didnt even realize it. That was ok, she would let him know.

"I understand you just fine Sousuke." The girl hissed, speaking clearly and completely, even pronouncing his name right. She was showing him that she wasnt as dim as he thought she was. She could understand him when he talked just fine! It wasnt her fault she lost interest when he started to prattle!

On the other side of the room, Seven showed some momentary surprise. He knew Okibi was getting better at common tongue, but hadnt been aware that she was capable of complete sentences. She had even referred to herself in first person! For a moment, he was happy and about to congratulate her, when he remembered exactly what was going on. His human was quite livid; he could sense as much and Sousuke was about to bear the brunt of an all out temper. Should he help?

Nah.

Okibi dropped herself into a feral stance and growled. "Sogay think Okibi weak! Low pain tolerance?" She was back to using her simple speech. "Maybe Sogay just lack when feeling pain too, like everything else."

Seven couldnt help wincing when she said that. Hitting at Sousuke's emotionally challenged state was... harsh. But, perhaps the Steward wouldnt actually care. Seven looked to the human to see his reaction.

And the girl continued. "Sogay fight! Okibi show you she not weak. Come!" She curled one of her clawed hands in invitation for him to attack her. Her face was still twisted with anger, and perhaps she wasnt thinking straight, but it was doubtful that the girl could be talked out of it now.

Seven looked back at Okibi for a second, and then back at Sousuke, sure that were he human a bead of sweat would be falling from his brow right now. "Hand to hand Sousuke. No beams." The dog said, not as a request, but as a rule. He wasnt about to stand for the human burning Okibi again, but if she wanted to fight, he wasnt about to stop her either.

Takahashi Aki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S

"Maybe Sogay just lack when feeling pain too, like everything else."</I><i></i>

The Seward was not pleased with the statement. Not one bit. His black eyes narrowed and focused upon her. With unblinking eyes he stared at her. It was a cold and unpleasant look he gave her. There was something lacking in the Steward. Something lacking in the extreme. It was as if a doll was staring at her, lacking life and soul. Perhaps neither were truly present in the Steward. He had said nothing to her yet. "Perhaps. I am defective after all. "<i></i> He simply said quietly almost in the form of a whisper. It was chilling despite the heat and warmth that the home offered. A cold shiver could have come about those present.

<I>"Sogay fight! Okibi show you she not weak. Come!"

The child wanted to bite the hand that feeds. Sousuke had heard of this before. "You're not thinking straight. Strength comes in many forms not merely the physical."<i></i> For the first time, perhaps in a long time his speech was fully comprehendible. Perhaps not so surprisingly his words carried with them a chilling tone. The Steward watched as she entered a battle stance. "I suppose you won't accept no for an answer. I am disappointed you desire to express your strength in this matter." The Steward conjured up a black blade sheathed. He stood there with sheathed blade. His hand rested on the pommel of the blade. His fingers reaching towards the grip preparing to unsheathe the blade. A sense of dread seemed to spill from the sword, but Sousuke paused. Number Seven had interrupted him.

"Hand to hand Sousuke. No beams."

His fingers still circled around the grip. Number Seven had set down the rules. Who was he to obey Number Seven? Who was Number Seven to tell the Steward what he could or could not do? Was the canine ignorant of the fact that this was still his house? Not now but some day. The Steward's eyes shifted over to Number Seven. His eyes were still unblinking, something was unsettling in them. Was he disappointed in Number Seven for telling him what to do? After all he had let both of them into the village. He allowed both of them to receive proper medical treatment. In his own house hold he was treated this way? For a flicking moment, Number Seven would see a disdain in Sousuke's eyes - just like his mothers. An unnatural occurrence for one such as he who thought so well of the monstrous canine. This is my house Dog. Soon enough that disdain simply melted away.

The Steward let go of the blade completely and phased it out along with the sheath. He seemed strained as if to curl his fingers into fists. He couldn't quite do it. His fingers were frail but long. The Steward was not used to fighting unarmed. It wasn't his strong point... but it seemed that this was going to be the only way Okibi would learn.

Okibi

Yen
ASP
Deaths

For a moment, just a moment, Okibi regretted what she said. Making a jab at Sousuke's inability to properly express himself, challenging him to a fight in the house, all of it. However, that moment was fleeting, and was quickly over ridden by anger. She wanted to cry out when he didnt seem to feel so much as an iota of anger about what she said. Surely it must have hit a chord somewhere, since he acknowledged her words, but still he didnt show any kind of emotion. Somehow, this only made the girl angrier.

And then there came the disappointment. Now it was Sousuke's turn to take a swipe at her feelings, though perhaps he didnt realize it. Pleasing him was something Okibi took great pride in over the many months that they'd been staying with Sousuke and his family, and now that he claimed to be disappointed with her... Again, Okibi wanted to cry, but not with a yell of anger. She pushed the feelings away when her eyes began to sting. "Okibi not know how else to show you..." She murmured, clenching her fists as she slowly started to inch to the right.

-------

Seven had his eyes on Sousuke, feeling a stinging of his own in the recesses of his heart. Over their time together, the dog had come to view the Steward as something of a brother. At least, that's what Seven thought about their kinship anyway. It had been so long since he'd had any siblings that he could barely remember what it felt like. He only assumed that what he felt for Sousuke was the kind of camaraderie that was had between brethren. To see the disdain in the humans eyes that came from almost every other human he'd ever encountered... well, it was almost too much to bear.

But, Okibi came first. Then, and always. He would gladly take the sting of Sousuke's glare if it meant protecting her from the pain that she was inviting upon herself.

-------

Okibi stood in front of a bookshelf, eyeing Sousuke and the way he seemed uncomfortable with the prospect of fighting with his hands alone. This would prove to be an advantage for her, as it was in this area that she excelled. Weapons and fancy ninja attacks might not have been her forte, but bare fist brawling certainly was. Normally, this would have brought grin to the girls face; she could always enjoy a good fight.

Right then, however, she could only frown unpleasantly.

With quick movements, Okibi snatched to large books from the shelf behind her and hurled them at Sousuke's face. They burst open just before impact, hopefully obscuring his sight for just a moment. Okibi would take that opportunity to charge in on light feet, directing a blow with a left hand towards his ribs. Hopefully, he would see it coming and try to block. If he did, Okibi would latch onto his arms and pivot, attempting to toss the grown man out the window that Seven had previously come through. Despite being of a diminutive size, the girl had surprising strength.

If her tactics worked, Okibi would launch herself out the window in hasty pursuit of her opponent.

Takahashi Aki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
The Steward was told not to use weapons, but Okibi apparently could. She threw books at him. The Steward attempt to catch his most treasured tomes, and did so with difficulty. What he didn't expect was the next attack coming. A sickening crack was heard as Okibi's fist met Sousuke's rib. Strangely enough Sousuke didn't cry out. His eyes winced barely as he felt the blow. "Ergh."<i></i> He managed to say. When he tried to counter, his own movements were quick but lacked strength. The Steward tried to do a palm thrust but found himself grappled and then thrown. This was an easy task for Okibi as Sousuke would have been feather light. The Steward found himself being thrown out the window and he clipped the back of his head on the frame as he was sent out.

To make matters worse the Steward not only clipped his head he was sent outwards into the fence where a crunching noise was heard as he was slammed hard into the fence. Again no sound. A very sickening silence filled the air. Another crack was heard and if Okibi were to look out she would see that the fence was heavily damaged. Sousuke's right arm was resting across the top of the fence, and worse then was the fact that the back of his hand was impaled by a nail. The Steward's eyes looked very empty at the moment. The golden irises and pupil were gone from his eyes. There were no movements coming from the Steward, just a plain stillness. After a moment or two, his eyes blinked. It took a moment but his eyes returned to their normal state once more. The Steward struggled and pulled his arm down. It didn't seem to bend properly, but then another crack was heard as he set the bone in place. It seemed more like he had failed to do so. The arm hung lifelessly swinging back and forth. There was a hole in his palm now. He forced himself up and realized that he was bleeding. His hair was a mixture of its natural violet colour and a too deep red. The Steward with his only functioning hand made a motion to Okibi. He placed his index and middle fingers together and formed a hook motion. He wanted her to come forward it seemed. To 'bring it' as it were to seem. Strikingly as it seemed, he looked as if he wasn't even capable of truly standing. He was though.

The Steward's mind itself was awash of many things. Very rarely did he bleed. He tasted his own blood and it tasted of steel. The Steward knew that he was very much out of his own element. This was what Okibi wanted. This is what she would get.

Okibi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The sound of cracking bones and breaking wood rang in Okibis ears as she landed lightly just outside the window. She got to her feet, and was nearly flabbergasted by the sight of Sousuke. He slouched against a nearly caved in fence, one of his arms slung against the top. With a grimace, she noted that one of his hands was skewered by a protruding nail, making for quite the gruesome sight. His head was now bleeding, and his eyes looked vacant, their color gone. For a second, Okibi panicked. Howd she cause that much damage just by throwing him out the window!? She hadnt thought she threw him that hard!

Obviously the girl didnt really know her own strength.

Okibi opened her mouth and made to reach out to Sousuke, but stopped mid stride. His eyes were twitching, so that meant he was at least coming to. She dropped her hand and closed her mouth, watching with an odd calm. At least, she looked calm on the outside. On the inside, Okibi was fighting with herself. Why was she even doing this? Sousuke didnt deserve this kind of treatment... he'd welcomed her into his village! Given her a home and a human family! So why... why was she fighting him?

Okibi's moment of self reflection was interrupted when Sousuke fully got to his feet. He looked like he could barely stand, and his arm was hanging at an odd angle. That one wasnt going to be of anymore use to him, if she had to guess. She watched as Sousuke rose his good arm, and crooked two fingers at her, goading her into attacking again.

And there was the spark that started this whole mess. With just two fingers, Okibi felt insulted. How that was, she didnt exactly know. Besides which, he still wasnt showing any emotion, and that only made the spark grow into another full burning flame.

She didnt need to be goaded twice.

Okibi leaped at Sousuke, flying over the ground. She threw a three hit combo at him, the first being a kick aimed at his broken arm and ribs. Next came two punches, both aimed at his face. She would then put the icing on the cake by thrust kicking him in the chest and back into the wreckage of the fence. Were all these strikes successful, Okibi would then rear her right arm up, poised like a blade, before dropping it down upon Sousuke's bleeding head.

(Spartaaaaaaaaaaaaa kick!)

Takahashi Aki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
The Steward unknown to him had summoned his sheath. What good would a sheathed blade do against Okibi? She would soon find out. Okibi threw a combo, the Steward was moving quicker now deflecting the blow to his ribs with the sheath, but still took another hit to the arm. Another crack could be heard as what remained of Sousuke's arm was being shattered into pieces. His arm simply hung on. Two punches were next aimed at Sousuke's head. The Steward again countered both blows with his sheathed sword. Both times the fists solidly connected against the ebony coloured sheath, and on both occasions the sheath endured. Clearly Okibi was fighting against something on a higher level.

"I will never cease to be defective."<i></i> The Steward spoke as he held his ground. "Ever since I was born, I have always been defective. Do you know what it is like to be lied to every single day Okibi? To be reassured that you're just as normal as everyone else? People laugh and cry, and such a simple thing as a smile for me to do is impossible to do."</COLOR><i></i> Sousuke's footwork began to pick up as he began to mount an offensive of sorts. He swung the sheath twice in an X pattern and then thrust forward in an attempt to target Okibi's shoulder. "I did not ask to be like this, and you seem to hold it against me. Do you think I have a choice in the matter?"<i></i> Should Okibi choose to counter these attacks something strange would happen. An image would force itself into her head.

<COLOR color="grey">A mounted warrior travelling on a field of grey sand and ash. The steed walked with strong movement. Yet upon a closer inspection the horse did not carry fur, nor flesh. Bone. The steed was crafted of bone. Even then the bone was off coloured. Dark and grey bones and marrow. The creature would stop as the rider reigned in. The rider was garbed in black robes. Pitch black. For a moment the rider turned its head to the onlookers. The rider looked somewhat frail but the rider did not back down from gazing. The rider wore a cape, and the cape slowly but surely began to expand and rise. There was no wind in the area, but then hundreds of eyes would appear in the cape as the cape expanded more and more into a flock of bats. Screeches of dread would fill the air and go forth onto any onlookers.

Blood trickled down the Steward's face. "Tell me Okibi. Does fighting make you feel more alive than other times? Would you rather break and tear at another living creature, than to read and study about one? I know ... that for some fighting is the only true way of expression. Not for me though."<i></i>

Okibi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Okibi's anger was mounting as Sousuke summoned that sword again, the black one that popped out of nowhere when she first challenged him. He used it to deflect most of her blows, but couldnt stop her from getting one in at his already broken arm. The satisfying crunch of bones almost made her smile, until she remembered just who it was she was fighting.

A momentary horror froze her in place, and it was then that Sousuke went on the offensive. She recovered from her lapse with barely enough time to counter the X formation he launched her with his sheath. Each time the sheath struck her arms, an image flashed in her mind, blinding her momentarily. It was because of this that she didnt she the jab coming, until the pain hit her in the shoulder.

As the image flashed again, and this time stayed, Sousuke's words reverberated in her ears. She watched in quiet surprise as a man came into view, riding on a horse. She looked down for a second, and saw that she was standing on ash mixed with sand. What the... how did she end up here? Pain lanced through her left shoulder, reminding Okibi of where she had been just a moment prior; fighting with Sousuke in the yard. He'd hit her with that black sword of his... was that the cause? She looked back up at the man on the horse, still hearing Sousuke's voice echo through the field. It was then that she noticed the horse was no ordinary horse, but one made of nothing more than bones. It was an odd sight, as Okibi had never seen walking bones before.

Then the cloaked man looked at her. Okibi took a step back as an overwhelming sense of dread overcame her. Where did that come from? Since when was she one to fear a person or thing she didnt know?

Perhaps that was the entire reason right there.

The mans cloak started to float in the air, expanding like massive wings. Eyes appeared in its shadows before it burst into a flock of bats. Okibi covered her head and face as the creatures of the night flew at her, screeching in her ears. The pain in her shoulder was becoming almost unbearable.

With a cry of outrage, Okibi swept at her shoulder, and wasnt surprised when her hand came into contact with something hard. Of course, the sheath. Although she couldnt see it - for apparently touching the weapon blinded her eyes with the vision of the ashy field - Okibi knew it was there. Although her eyes could not see, her hands could still feel. She latched onto the sheath with her left hand, and Sousuke's wrist with her right. She wrenched the sheath away from her bruising shoulder and pulled. If Sousuke's weight gave way to her, Okibi would then spin into him, and aim an elbow at his gut.

Okibi the let go of the sheathed blade, pushing it away from her, and spun to the side - the one with Sousuke's broken arm - and lashed out. She axed at the broken arm with her hand, and would have done so again, if a black blur hadnt suddenly sent her flying. She landed lightly on her hands and feet, and turned with a snarl on the one who interrupted.

Seven stood in front of the badly damaged Sousuke, looking at her with a certain kind of sadness. "That's enough Little One." He growled softly.

Okibi was panting, and looked almost frantic. Her pupils were dilated, and her claws shaking. Seven growled one more time. "That's enough."

And just like that, it was like all her strength left her. Her eyes returned to normal and she collapsed on her legs, looking at the ground with wide eyes. Moments passed, and slowly her face crumpled into one of pain and shame.

"Okibi not blame Sogay for how he is." She said quietly. "She just... wants see him smile, or get mad... she know he can."

Seven nearly whined when he saw tears trickling down Okibi's cheeks. She refused, however, to look up from the ground in her moment of weakness.

"Okibi does like fighting. Is only way she know how be strong. Okibi is not like Sogay, or Juju... Okibi not so smart." No, she wasnt as smart as Sousuke, or Judori. She had no patience to learn like they did. All her life she'd only needed physical strength, and so physical strength was the only kind that she had.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back